Bring Back Battalion Buffs

Name:Conrad

RP Rank: Palpatine

Suggestion:Bring back individual battalion buffs.

Implementation: Through myself work with the BCMD and the founders/development team to find a fair balance of buffs to give each battalion more specific strengths.

Buffs may be things like more health, armor, move speed, jump height, weapons, or unique items like potentially gernades or shields. This is not an extensive list as gmod has changed a lot since this was last implemented and I’m sure new cooler things could be added. 

I have been told by forseen if this is accepted we can work on specifics and get them implemented.

Lore: Some battalions where better at one thing then another.

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

Other: This would still need specifics worked out, I would be more then happy to talk and discuss with all battalion extensively what they want and how to keep it balanced within a scope set to me by the founder/development team.

A note of interest at the BCMD level after a very brief convo/discord DM's:

BCMD's that want this: BCMD Bacara, BCMD Gregor, BCMD Fox, BCMD Cody, BCMD Doom, BCMD Claw, BCMD Rex, BCMD Gree

BCMD's that don't: BCMD Wolffe

• Funny 1
  • Winner 5

spacer.pngspacer.png

2 minutes ago, Hanz said:

Can I hear some examples? I was not here just as many others who joined in the past year and a half

While nothing is set for this potential iteration, previously people got, battalion weapons, health buffs, movespeed buffs, armor buffs, special items like shields.

Edited by Conrad
  • Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Forum Admin

AHHHHHHHHHHH +1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

1 minute ago, Hanz said:

Can I hear some examples? I was not here just as many others who joined in the past year and a half

I wasn't here at the time either but I believe it was things like 41st and CG having a speed boost, DU having their shields, 501st and 212th having 100 extra HP, etc. Assuming buffs of this nature are what Conrad is suggesting then +1. I think it sounds very interesting and the extreme push for battalion standardization over the past year or so has not been one that I've been a huge fan of. Eliminating uniqueness from battalions makes things less enjoyable for many even if it creates a more "fair" experience.

• Agree 1

Former:

Jedi Youngling

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1+1+1

I cant support this enough. Each battalion needs to have its own focus and a special tool for them that helps elevates them in their focus. As long as weapons are balanced under the DPS standards it should work out. Also I would even say that more battalions specific utilities would be dope to see. For example: 41st and Ghost company have the actual grapple hook weapon. 

• Agree 5

spacer.png

Banned

+1 id love to see it 

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif

• Founder
Founder

Like I mentioned in the high command meeting/you highlighted in this post, it's not impossible but a lot of discussion remains to be had surrounding how it would fit within the server. 

• Informative 1
18 minutes ago, Square said:

Like I mentioned in the high command meeting/you highlighted in this post, it's not impossible but a lot of discussion remains to be had surrounding how it would fit within the server. 

I am more then happy to do what ever i can in terms of communication between the battalions and founders/development team to ensure a fair and fun outcome is able to be created by all battalions.

spacer.pngspacer.png

+1 As long the battalion buff isn't a where everyone gets "buffed" version of the DC-15A or something like that. Silliest thing ever conceived

Edited by Katy
  • Agree 2
  • Dumb 1

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

• Management

Oh shit that time of the year again? Who's making the bring Sith back post or the Synergy is Dying post? Jokes btw 

This is a really vague suggestion. Would have liked to see more examples of buffs that certain battalions would be getting rather than +1ing and hoping everything works out later on. Not much of a server suggestion on that end. A poll probably would have made more sense tbh just to gather community support since that seems to be what you're looking for.

I'm down for buffs to return nonetheless

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

5 minutes ago, Marvel said:

This is a really vague suggestion.

This is on purpose. Talking to everyone, finding what they want, balancing it, getting feedback ect takes a ton of time. Doing all of that for it to be denied in the voting phase would be a immense waste of time. Getting and keeping everyone on the same page is much easier. By bringing it through server suggestions initially founders and development are included from the start as well. 

Edited by Conrad
  • Agree 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

This is on purpose. Talking to everyone, finding what they want, balancing it, getting feedback ect takes a ton of time. Doing all of that for it to be denied in the voting phase would be a immense waste of time. 

I strongly recommend reaching out further into the battalions then just the BCMD. You can do this by sending out a poll or google form for anyone to fill out on an Idea they have for a battalion buff. It would be also nice to see updates on this topic in the high command meeting notes to see what buffs are discussed and which ones are dismissed in those meetings.

spacer.png

Just now, Dono said:

I strongly recommend reaching out further into the battalions then just the BCMD.

This is planned for me if it pass and If I’m allowed to help figure stuff out and work with everyone. I will be checking with loads of people for suggestions, comments, and other input.

• Winner 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

+1 Yes!!!!! I love this!! 

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

So, some batts are probably not gonna get buffed as much as they still retain their uniqueness/buff - Like CG run speed, Rancor having ARC everything, DU shields and SOBDE load outs.

Also, obligatory "I did not a accept this being added so I could suggest the 70 damage wester back." That demon is locked in hell and can stay there. If was great but also one of the leading factors batt nuffs were removed.

Batt buffs need to be impactful but not broken. Fit the battalion and actually be useful. You don't want to give 41st shotguns as they are a recon focused batt in many aspects. Same with giving 104th a speed boost... when they just drive tanks.

It will be thought out and we will ensure no one gets the short end or the long end of the stick.

+1 

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

+1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Banned

+1 yes it would be awesome

Screenshot_20230225_024356.png

Former: Puddle WifeTorrent Company REGL COL Boomer

On 1/6/2022 at 5:30 PM, Marvel said:

Oh shit that time of the year again? Who's making the bring Sith back post or the Synergy is Dying post? Jokes btw 

hard to say the server's dying when we're hitting max numbers for the first time in over a year. the haters cant cope enough.

Jokes aside finally have time to respond to this and holy shit +1. all the+1s. If this is well thought out and discussed with each battalion extensively before it's implemented, this is boutta be gamechanging. 

Goodbye, everyone. 

• Retired Founder

Battalion buffs were the reason the server was so popular in the first place. People liked feeling like a special snowflake because of being (x) unit.

I for one enjoyed the battalion buffs and felt like they made things more fluid.

501st on top bby. For anyone that was around for my Rex term, you an OG. 62 members online at once ;_; in the 501st alone.

+1, I don't play but this is a good idea @Conrad

• Agree 4
  • Winner 5
  • Friendly 2

+1

In my time, since we've removed the Battalion Buffs, I have seen old players return, only to watch them get upset when they found out that battalion buffs were no longer a thing on the server. They'd stick around for maybe a week get bored and leave.  I think adding something like this back will certainly boost our player pop. once more. Hell with a dope update just recently the server is popping, I know it'll take a hot minute to figure things out, but I have no doubt that it'll be a popular update for the community in general. 

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

45 minutes ago, Joah said:

Battalion buffs were the reason the server was so popular in the first place. People liked feeling like a special snowflake because of being (x) unit.

I for one enjoyed the battalion buffs and felt like they made things more fluid.

501st on top bby. For anyone that was around for my Rex term, you an OG. 62 members online at once ;_; in the 501st alone.

+1, I don't play but this is a good idea @Conrad

<3

+1

• Friendly 1

Can't give a bigger +1.

It was a bad call to remove them in the first place, and returning some uniqueness in battalions will make every battalion better in the long run.

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

+1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Old buffs to the best of my knowledge 

501st : 100 extra health and special dc-15a with larger magazines I believe 

212th: 100 extra health with extended dc-15s with maybe more fire rate 

41st : I’m unsure of sorry

Rancor : extra 50 health and armor 

21st : i believe had their westar of death

104th: 100 extra hp and faster firing dc-15s

DU: 100 extra armor 

SOBDE: I believe had 75 extra health and armor but I’m unsure 

overall +1 this should come back and maybe even be specialized all the down to sub units 

• Informative 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

19 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Old buffs to the best of my knowledge 

501st : 100 extra health and special dc-15a with larger magazines I believe 

212th: 100 extra health with extended dc-15s with maybe more fire rate 

41st : I’m unsure of sorry

Rancor : extra 50 health and armor 

21st : i believe had their westar of death

104th: 100 extra hp and faster firing dc-15s

DU: 100 extra armor 

SOBDE: I believe had 75 extra health and armor but I’m unsure 

overall +1 this should come back and maybe even be specialized all the down to sub units 

41st I believe had speed buffs 

• Agree 2

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS FROM COMICS

"The introduction of battalion buffs will overall create more individual battalions and more reason to go to seperate group. It was one of the original attractive parts of synergy however I think it's important we consider battalions who already have an improved position from other batts, namely RANCOR & DU (I wouldn't count SOBDE as they've never got the original batt buff anyway)
While batts such as 212th, 41st, 501st all deserve a batt buff due to not having any inate buff compared to other batts, if you don't count sub units of course, DU has shields and previously had Z6s which they kept even without the batt buffs despite those only being there because of the buff. RANCOR suffer from the same issue of all jobs being ARC troopers making them insanely buffed compared to every batt. I think it's worth at least discussing whether or not all battalions require a batt buff depending on there current situation. I would also discount CG since they need the speed buff to arrest. However it seems unfair to give some battalions more despite already pretty much having a buff."

• Funny 2
  • Winner 2
  • Confused 2

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

• 3 weeks later...

+1 but only if Naval gets a speed boost as well <3

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 9:26 AM, Dennis said:

00 extra health with extended dc-15s with maybe more fire rate 

I thought they had an a.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:46 AM, Slak said:

41st I believe had speed buffs 

And yes, 41st got the cool speed along with 91st. and although it is irrelevant, 327th had a slight speed buff. 

But regardless, +1

Edited by Strobbery
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been ACCEPTED.

// LOCKED

// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - ACCEPTED

• Winner 2
  • Informative 1
  • Confused 3
  • 6 months later...
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

This suggestion has been IMPLEMENTED.
(Suggestions that have been implemented into the server)