Deku's Marshal Commander Application

Deku

Steam Name: Xeitrix

RP Name: ATK Regimental Commander Deku | Senior Senator Padme Amidala | 41st SSG Oscar

RP Rank: ATK RCMD | Senior Senator | Knight II | SSG

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:96546050

Position you are applying for: Marshal Commander of the G.A.R

Experience:

Doom's Unit:

When I joined the server, I immediately landed a spot in DU. I stayed for almost 2 months working my way up the NCO/Officer chain, getting my requirements done quickly and efficiently. I had a goal in mind and I worked hard and studiously to achieve it. I hosted trainings whenever and wherever I could, to the point people were getting use to me hosting trainings almost every day, I did whatever I could to promote battalion activity during downtimes, I participated and lead-in events, did tryouts and shield trainings almost every day, joined the intel team to help behind the scenes, gave fresh CT's tours around Felucia base, and eventually got Warrant Officer. Although short-lived, DU was a lot of fun and I learned a lot under the current High Command and the officers they surrounded themselves with.

104th Mechanized Assault Battalion:

After DU, I transferred into 104th as a CSM under Lucky and set another goal for myself to become an officer, and then become the next Commander of 104th. Little did I know I would eventually go above and beyond and pass that goal and gained myself the position I had respected the most, BCMD Wolffe. When I first joined, 104th wasn't doing too well. We we're struggling to get more than 4 people on, it seemed like it was the same people on every day and that was it. We were getting no recruitments besides the 2 other transfers that I came along with and that was it. We joined to help out the battalion and because a few of my friends I knew from DU also had joined 104th as well. 104th later went on to blow up in activity and numbers from the staggering amount of transfers, which eventually snowballed into more recruitments coming to join. I saw the future 104th has and continued with it until my Wolffe term was done. It was, and still is home to me and I knew that battalion and the people within it like the back of my hand. I kept up with my activity as BCMD almost every day, working day in and day out to help out our branch leads, pushing people to do trainings, getting people on during downtime and a LOT of doc work. I put my heart and soul into 104th for many Wolffe's to come and I solidified my position in the 104th history books, accomplishing all of the goals I had previously set for my term at the very beginning.

ATK Regimental Commander:

When I first became the ATK RCMD I had a lot of big goals for ATK, however, I slowly began to realize that some of my ideas weren't what ATK needed at the moment and I quickly began to shift my focus. I saw prevalent issues with all the battalions under me that I had planned to fix. For 104th, it was activity and getting new troopers to join and stay for the long run. For 501st, it was getting a strong High Command to lead this battalion and keep communication flowing throughout the battalion. For 212th, it was all about maintaining their numbers and the success they have been having. All of those goals I have nearly fixed and perfected. 212th has amazing numbers and is continuing to put up amazing numbers every day, they've made my term a lot easier just by being stable. 501st has a confident and strong High Command to oversee everything in the battalion, and they are kicking everything into overdrive to bring the once flourishing 501st back. 104th has been gaining new members by the day and slowly growing into the 104th I knew and loved, Paladin and the rest of the 104th have been working their asses off and I couldn't be more proud. Now for High Command, this was my first ever position as a member of the High Command and I learned a lot. I learned that the position came with expectations, big ones, and I also learned how the server runs from a completely different standpoint. I had the power I needed to see positive change come to the server and I used it to better the battalions under me. I worked with a lot of great people during my time as ATK RCMD, and I thank them all for sharing some of their wisdom with me.

Why should you become a Marshal Commander?:

Alright, here we go. I believe I should become Marshal Commander because I am confident that through my studious efforts I can genuinely bring positive change to Synergy. I believe that time and time again, I've proved myself both during my Wolffe term, and my ATK Reg term. Both being the first ATK RCMD, and Wolffe to finish their terms for many before me. My Wolffe term was extremely productive, my ATK RCMD term was extremely beneficial to all of the battalions I oversaw, I received an astounding amount of positive feedback from my ATK Commanders and I knew my work was done. I did exactly what I set out to do, I wanted to give my battalions room to grow, and have a foundation for them to fall back on. I did just that. I know from my talks with all of the BCMDs that I have the support of almost every BCMD within the G.A.R which is amazing to see, the community believes I am ready for Marshal Commander, and I think so as well. I do, however, understand that Marshal Commander is a much bigger step from any position I've been in, however, with the Wisdom of our current Palpatine (Bro) and the hands-on Directors we have currently, I believe that even if I wasn't ready for this position, they would be able to guide me and hand their wisdom off to me. I believe that with Bro and the Directors, we can collectively bring positive change to the G.A.R, and that is my main goal. I want to leave a positive mark, my own mark on the G.A.R for many Marshal's to come. This server is a progressive community, always looking at what the next step is to keep themselves engages and afloat. I've done the same by looking past ATK Reg, and pushing myself further into a position I genuinely believe I can make a change in. I believe that from the concerns I've gathered from each of the BCMDs, and the current status of every battalion, I can help out every BCMD with their battalion if there is no RCMD present or if they require my help specifically. I understand that the position I am going for doesn't directly work with the BCMDs on a day-to-day basis however, just knowing how things are going and monitoring the battalions, I can make better choices and decisions that will better each battalion. Synergy needs someone to keep the server going, to keep everyone looking forward to what's next and to facilitate RP as a member of High Command, I believe I can be that person.

Do you understand the lore of the Grand Army?:

Yes, I do.

Availability:

Availability in-game:

5:00PM EST - 10:00PM EST Mon. - Fri.

5:00PM EST - 3:00AM EST Fri. - Sun.
(With the exception of holidays, summer breaks, etc.)

Availability in discord:

7:00AM EST - 12:00AM EST Mon. - Fri.

10:00AM EST - 4:00AM EST Fri. - Sun.
(Could be more depending on sleep schedule, usually available in discord 24/7)

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:

DU PVT - WO

DU HWSO

Unnamed Wolfpack

104th HVYO

104th HVYL 

Wolfpack Sinker

104th Intel Manager

104th DISL

104th REGL

104th XO Comet

Wolfpack Lead

104th BCMD Wolffe

ATK Regimental Commander

Senator Padme Amidala

Senior Senator

41st SSG Oscar

DU PVT - SSG Oscar

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes

Where do you want the Grand Army to be at the end of your term?:

I talked to every BCMD within the G.A.R, I asked them what the status of their battalion is, what changes they want to happen that a RCMD couldn't do for them, their expectations of a Marshal Commander, and whether or not they supported me going for this position. Here is a brief overview of what each BCMD has told me:

212th

Representative: Pog/Cody

What is the current status of the 212th?

·       Very well and consistent on numbers, slowing down a little bit due to LOA/ROAs but once school is out we will be back to where we were

Are there any things you want changed that a reg couldn’t do for you/things you want changed on the server:

·       More feedback for BCMDs, 100% honesty.

·       If High Command sees something that BCMDs should improve on, let them know.

Expectations of an MCMD:

·       Making sure that RCMDs and BCMDs are upholding responsibilities and overseeing all the regiments from a distant perspective. (Not 100% involved but still keeping a watchful eye on)

·       Not getting involved in everything but working closely with RCMD/HC

·       Leaving stuff for RCMD’s to deal with and give them space for their own work.

·       Create things for RCMD’s to do, seems like there isn’t much for those positions to do when all battalions are doing well.

·       (Possibly) Making sure all the Regiments are balanced, 3-3-3 (ATK, Recon, Specialized)

Would you support me going for MCMD? “Yup I would, I liked how your ATK Reg term went, and I would definitely support your application.” – Pog/Cody

501st

Representative: Black/Rex

What is the current status of 501st?

·       Better then the past, have an active and stable High Command

·       Some regiments were brought back to life, ARC is dying a little bit and need a new ARCL

·       Activity has been fluctuating, our recruitment is pretty decent but the activity is quite unstable, mainly due to finals and holidays.

Are there any things you want changed that a reg couldn’t do for you/things you want changed on the server:

·       As of right now, not at the moment.

Expectations of an MCMD:

·       Active

·       Doing things with the battalions and actually ordering people and getting involved with the troopers

·       Act like a General, assign people to jobs and work with everyone as such.

Would you support me going for MCMD? “As of right now, Yes.” – Black/Rex

104th

Representative: Paladin/Wolffe

What is the current status of 104th?

·       Positives, recently more NCOs and encouraged them to do recruitments and have been getting more people IRL to join

·       Slow rise in trainings, aren’t indefinite if they are fully fixed

·       Some people have been low for activity and showing up in the later times

·       Behaviour, the battalion knows when to behave but there are times where it gets out of hands in mingey like situations.

·       Nothing I can exactly say for certain that any changes that need to be made majorly on the server

Expectations of an MCMD:

·       Activity

·       Assistance to the other RCMDs and BCMDs, keeping an eye on discords for when there is mention of battalions needing help.

Would you support me going for MCMD? “Yeah, I mean as it stands you’re the only RCMD and you’ve at least been helping you battalions during my term and the Wolffe before me.” – Paladin/Wolffe

41st

Representative: Cloud/Gree

What is the current status of 41st?

·       In a good stable place

·       Very good stability

·       Average about 9-10 people a day, more when I’m on

·       Not that I can think of at the moment

Expectations of an MCMD:

·       Being able to uphold standards

·       Assist their BCMDs and RCMDs

·       If a RCMD can’t uphold their work, be able to step in

·       If a Regiment doesn’t have a RCMD, the Marshal should be the one to step in

Would you support me going for MCMD? “Yeah” – Cloud/Gree

Rancor

Representative: Mitchell/BCMD Blitz

What is the current status of Rancor?

·       Good

·       Need some refining to do

·       Active numbers

·       Good High Command

·       Need to fix some Quality of Life things about ARC

·       Nothing that High Command could do currently

Expectations of an MCMD:

·       Activity

·       Showcasing leadership

·       Having good connection with the RCMDs and various BCMDs

·       Having the ability to step in when necessary

Would you support me going for MCMD? “I would have to get some clarifications on a few thing and read your application first.” – Mitchell/BCMD Blitz

21st

Representative: Agent/Bacara

What is the current status of 21st?

·       We’re active

·       There is no false or negatives about the battalion right now maybe besides the Enlisted not being as serious as they should be

·       Shaping others to meet the level of professionalism as the other 21st

·       Growing at an extraordinary rate

·       Wants to make discord channels for fireteams

·       I want there to be more of an establishment between the training battalions, more communication based on what the priority is for these trainings

·       More vocal punishments for those who break priority

Expectations of an MCMD:

·       Very vocal

·       Making sure everyone is okay, shouldn’t be stepping over a BCMD but you should be giving pointers and addressing possible issues

Would you support me going for MCMD? “Yeah, you have my support.” – Agent/Bacara

Doom’s Unit

Representative: Jay/Doom

What is the current status of DU?

·       DU is trying to expand and get back to what we were

·       In a recovery phase

·       Doing a good job rebuilding

·       Not the top 3 most active but definitely top 5, middle of the pack with activity

·       AV-7 is on hold while document is being updated

·       Trainings have been a bit lackluster, but mainly focusing on the NCO core to push for more activity and battalion contribution

·       More coordination between the battalions

·       Promote activity between the RCMD and BCMD

·       Other then that, I haven’t honestly seen anything that I would want changed.

Expectations of an MCMD:

·       Work with a team, with Palpatine, keep tabs on RCMDs and BCMDs

·       Expect frequent check-ins, HC meetings, etc.

Would you support me going for MCMD? “Well considering there is no other applicants, and you seem pretty sincere, I would support it.” – Jay/Doom

CG

Representative: Odric/Fox

What is the current status of CG?

·       Mainly working together with officers, making new docs, getting systems going

·       Making sure our new members are active

·       Good outside view as CG

·       Concerned with getting CG back on the right track

·       Better then the last 2 terms. Looking good

·       CG Does not need much on the server side, or anything outside the battalion. We’re just focused on documents and getting more members

·       Nothing that I can give on that matter, my main focus is everything inside CG.

Expectations of an MCMD:

·       Activity – Main one

·       Keeping a good face for the battalions under their command

·       Come down on BCMDs who are not upholding rules

·       Just listen and try to get things sorted

Would you support me going for MCMD? “I’d give you a +1, yeah” – Odric/Fox

SOBDE

Representative: Metro/Kal

What is the current status of SOBDE?

·       Heavy W.I.P still having regular meetings to change things, going to be a W.I.P for my entire term, it won’t be solidified in 3 months.

·       Lots of nuances being handled, but still in a decent place in terms of RP and the people within. Just focused on having it a “well-oiled machine”

·       Move away from “paper RP” having the documents to what you can do in RP and it limits people’s RP and what they can do. Wants to move away from that to promote creative RP. Would rather see what people to come up with besides people doing the basic generic /me, /rolls and having preset “cookie cutter” responses. Just giving guidelines and saying “take this, and have fun with it”

·       More orchestrated RP from High Command

Expectations of an MCMD:

·       Organizing how the RCMDs are cooperating

·       Promoting RP

·       Squashing out inner battalion & other battalion beef before it becomes a “war”

Would you support me going for MCMD? “I’ve only been here for a short time back, I don’t have many interactions with you but what I hear, you’re doing a great job for ATK, so I don’t have a problem with you going for it, if you can live up to your work then I’m happy with that.” -Metro/Kal

Taking all of this information into consideration, I do think a lot of the BCMDs bring up some valid points. For starters, I also believe that as a High Command we should be actively promoting roleplay within the whole server, and making sure that the RCMD's hold themselves to a level of RP instead of continuing the meme of "Cross Arms Front RP". Secondly, I do believe that communication through the G.A.R should drastically improve, whether that is hosting weekly or biweekly command meetings, or just continuing to stress that ideology to the RCMDs, both of them work they just use different applications. Secondly, I want to keep people to their goals, a lot of times I see people put goals in their application and mention them in interviews, but nothing ever comes from it. It seems to be a problem of empty promises for some of the BCMDs we've had. Also, I fully agree that activity should be widely promoted within High Command and the BCMDs. Activity, RP, and maturity comes from the top and acts as a pyramid. If everyone sees the High Command taking their job seriously, and RP'ing with their troopers, the BCMDs will follow which will create a snowball effect on the rest of their troopers. Another issue I've seen and I've talked to BCMDs about before, BCMDs set high expectations for their troopers, which of course is valid, but then they fall short of those expectations themselves. Or they stress and advocate for seriousness within their battalion, but then they go and act mingey, or they will punish members of their battalions for a reason, and then they go and do the same thing they just punished that trooper for.

How do you plan to improve relations within the Grand Army?:

I mentioned this in the question before, I believe that since FYI resigned there has been no Command meeting since. (as far as I'm aware) I want to bring those back, it was a great way for us to know the status of every battalion, what's going on within it and it was a great way for the other BCMDs to talk and give feedback on what's happening in other battalions. Besides the length of these meetings, they were extremely helpful and a good application, I aim to build onto that and bring those back for the betterment of the High Command and the BCMDs. Along with this, I believe that communication starts from the top, if we advocate and show great communication from the top, the rest of the BCMDs and battalions alike will follow suit. I aim to be a representative of all Clones and High Command that troopers can look up to and be proud of. I hope that by my actions during my Marshal term that the BCMDs and RCMDs under me will take notice and follow suit to some of the positives. I'm not saying I'm perfect, in fact, I can list my faults and be 100% confident in them. But I also understand the position that I am going for, and the expectations people have for me. I aim to fit those expectations and beyond.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes, I completely understand.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your Marshal commander rank?:

Yes, I understand.

Any additional questions or concerns you can contact me at Xeitrix#0001, or you can leave a comment here and I will be happy to respond when I have the chance! Thank you for reading my application if you read it all, I really do appreciate it. :peepoLove:

Edited by Deku

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

40 minutes ago, Deku said:

AA7 is on hold while document is being updated

Actually it is called an Av-7 🤓

+1 and well deserved.

• Winner 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

Forum Admin

+1, Reading through your plans, the expectations of what everyone wants a MCMD to be/do, I think you are well suited for the position

• Friendly 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1 Don't let me down man!

• Disagree 1
  • Friendly 1

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA

Huh to think you were my XO half a year ago, anyways +1 brotha you are a hard worker and I know you are suited very well for this position.

• Winner 1

spacer.png

Current:  Nothing                                                                                                                                                                        

Former: 104th BCMD Wolffe | 212th GCO ARFL Switchblade | 501st ARCO CPT Sina | Knight Etain Tur-Mukan  | Alpha-98 Nate 

+1. You actually stuck out a whole REG term - props to you. 

• Friendly 1

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

Forum Admin

Consistent leader, you can rely on him in nearly any situation for good input. +1

• Friendly 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Can't be any worse than @Woeny so good luck! +1

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

As I said in our 1-1 talk, I wanted to read your application first.
Few things I have to say / point out.
When we talked I asked you if your entire application was going to be just your talks with BCMDs, you said it wasn't. Well 2/3 of your application is just stuff that the other BCMDs said without you providing how you will address certain issues within the battalion that they might of brought up except for a few generic sentences.
More over, your app overall doesn't really provide specific plans for anything. And with the state of your regiment, its concerning because I just don't see enough of a track record to believe you have plans for your Marshal term.

Regardless of this post, you will be going to interview due to popularity. I hope this gives you some criticism to reflect on so you can have a plan going into your term if you get accepted.
-1, best of luck Deku.

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

29 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

As I said in our 1-1 talk, I wanted to read your application first.
Few things I have to say / point out.
When we talked I asked you if your entire application was going to be just your talks with BCMDs, you said it wasn't. Well 2/3 of your application is just stuff that the other BCMDs said without you providing how you will address certain issues within the battalion that they might of brought up except for a few generic sentences.
More over, your app overall doesn't really provide specific plans for anything. And with the state of your regiment, its concerning because I just don't see enough of a track record to believe you have plans for your Marshal term.

Regardless of this post, you will be going to interview due to popularity. I hope this gives you some criticism to reflect on so you can have a plan going into your term if you get accepted.
-1, best of luck Deku.

Hey Mitchell, I appreciate your honesty and feedback. Any feedback helps me understand what I can improve on.

I just have a couple of things to say in response to your comments:
1. "2/3 of your application is just stuff that the other BCMDs said without you providing how you will address certain issues within the battalion that they might of brought up except for a few generic sentences." Why yes I agree that they are very generic sentences, these are paraphrased bullet points I put down in order to shorten the points being made. And yes I understand majority of my application is my talks with BCMDs, however for what you're asking for, if I wanted to include the words of my BCMDs along with my ideas in which my talks with BCMDs WOULDNT be majority of my application, I would be writing a dictionary. I had said it wasn't going to be my entire application and it wasn't. It was a main focus of my application, yes, because BCMDs, RCMDs, and those alike will be the people I'm working with so I wanted to give them a good part of my application to understand that their positions are valued to me. I understand what you told me that Marshal isn't all about just working with RCMDs and BCMDs however, I understand the importance of making people in these positions feel valued, which they are, and that is why they are a high focus on my application.

2. I didn't provide "specific plans", well my plans were that I wanted to promote orchestrated RP from HC by acting as a primary example in which people can follow, we both know that nobody can force people to RP, especially as this server is in a "RP as you want" status. Secondly, I said that I wanted communication throughout the G.A.R improve by bringing back Command Meetings for battalion representatives to come and highlight what is going on within their battalions, if that is not specific enough for you then I'm not entirely sure what is. Without basically copy + pasting my application I'll leave it to those 2, however I do strongly encourage you to step forward about what problems you see in the server that I could help change, you said you would look for me to address them instead of just telling me. That is counter intuitive, on one hand you want me to have plans to fix these issues, but on the other you wouldn't even tell me what they were.

3. "with the state of your regiment" I'm not exactly quite sure what you meant by this, and what track record you are looking for. The key points I focused on during my ATK Reg term (the ones I mentioned in my application) have been worked on, ironed out, and significantly improved. Ask any of the BCMDs under me and they will say as such, I mean no offense when I say this, but I wouldn't expect someone looking in from a different regiment to see the behind the scenes work done to meet these goals I had set.

4. Finally, I end this response saying this. The server as it stands is in a good spot, most of the feedback the BCMDs gave me were some minor things I could only hope to assist with. Is it so much to ask that a Marshal goes into the position not looking to completely change the G.A.R, but rather improve on the systems we already have? You're right, maybe it didn't seem I have a "specific plan" on things I want to change, but that's because the things I want to change are not nearly as big as people, including yourself, would expect. I aim to improve the quality of life for every trooper under me, not bring about huge changes that completely derail what we have working on currently. I only aim to help drive the server forward in this position, not pump the breaks and steer it in another direction.

I thank you for the response Mitchell, this has been my first -1 and you've given me a lot to think about, I had a feeling this response from you was coming so I really do appreciate your honesty. Honesty is the only way we can improve so I appreciate it my man. :peepoLove:  P.S I don't want it to seem like I have any harsh feelings towards Mitchell, nor was anything I said meant to have any ill intent or toxic manner to it.

• Winner 1

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

I'm not one to usually come on to the forums and comment on things. HOWEVER, I feel like this is a exeptional case, Deku you are a well know face around server. I do agree if you focus on the battalions and fully work toward the betterment of each then I can +1 this. Just remember, Initiative, Activity, reasonablity, trust in the BCMDs and Reg's under the command and a plan (even a jacked one) can go a long way.

• Friendly 1

- Commander Fox - (Former)
spacer.png

+1 You helped pull the 501st out of a ditch. You have amazing leadership abilities, and can always analyze a situation completely to make sure things are handled as best as possible. You would make an amazing Marshal commander.

• Winner 1

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

+1, we have had our differences but that was in the past good luck you'll need it.

• Winner 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• Optimistic 2

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

• Winner 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management