Hanz's Governor Application

Hanz

Steam Name: Hanz

RP Name: Gunnar Olsen

RP Rank: Guild Leader

Steam ID: 76561198302617809

Why should you become Governor?: 

I am one of the most dedicated members of the community to the civilian faction and the Guild specifically. I understand and created many of the current systems the Guild runs on, and after learning more about the Senate with Keegan, I have come to understand the systems of the Senate, and am willing to learn more about them to help innovate the Senate. I have a great working relationship with both leadership groups of the civilian faction. I am extremely hard-working and always looking for ways to bring new things to the Guild now, and will continue to do that with the faction as a whole. I know the systems of old, being in Guild leadership for almost 9 months previously, and I know the new systems since the helix update dropped. I can make sure that we are moving forward as a faction by learning from the mistakes and successes of the old and new systems. To wrap it up into one sentence: I am dedicated, knowledgeable, willing to learn, innovative, and have the backing of the other members of leadership. All in all, I was made Guild Leader for a reason and that is because I know how to run the Guild properly, and so that I can learn and prepare for the position of Governor. I know what to do, how to do it, and I have the drive to do it.

Availability: I work for about 18 hours a week with my job, I have a personal life and friends I hang out with but can still easily do this job. My schedule is about to change a lot due to my classes ending, so I do not have a set schedule to post now, but I will have much more time to focus on this position than I do now, and I already am active.

Give a brief overview of your achievements and experience on the server:

501st: COL and Torrent Company Commander

104th: XO and WPL Comet

Guild: 2x Guild LT (nearly a year total), Guild Leader

Jedi: Council Member and Plo Koon (XO Equivalent in 104th)

Senate: Gume Saam

Staff: VA, SAx2, GMO

What do you feel the role of the Governor is?:

Out-of-game responsibilities:

The role of the governor is to act as the HC representative of the Civilian faction. The Governor is supposed to represent the civilian faction for its benefit. This includes speaking to server HC and leadership to get things implemented for the faction and making sure the interests of the factions are kept in mind in every HC decision. The Governor is also in charge of making sure the inner workings of the Civilian faction are working and being an advisor to the Leadership of the Guild and Senate. The governor also has to select leadership for these positions when they open, and make sure that these leaders are doing their job, and as I stated earlier, advising them and helping them. In the absence of these leaders, the governor must do these jobs themselves, and train new people to take on these roles in the future. I do not anticipate this happening as we have great leaders in the Senate and the Guild, but in a 3-month term a lot can change, and I am willing to step into those roles and do the small jobs that are needed for the faction to survive. 

Roleplay: The position of Governor NEEDs to do in-game roleplay. If the governor has a stable Guild and Senate, their entire focus should be on making sure that first, those systems are being maintained and that the leadership is not slacking off, and second, doing in-game roleplay. The roleplay opportunities of the Governor position are endless. We have not seen roleplay from a governor at all before and I feel that now more than ever it is needed for the faction to take the next step. Our current systems in the Guild are being optimized and are working extremely well. The Senate is not there yet, but a lot of my term will be spent optimizing roleplay in the faction and giving players more things to do. Something I have started as Guild Leader is sending people on missions in the base to do something for me that I do not want my fingerprints on, and I want to continue this as Governor, but also get the senate involved, and also do it from a corrupt politician’s perspective.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

How do you plan to improve relations between the guild and the server?:

The biggest thing I have seen that is a factor in bad relations between the Guild and the server is a misunderstanding of the rules and the Republic's lack of knowledge of the rules. I have been dealing with this issue since the first time I was guild LT. Recently I revamped the Guild rules document to make it simpler. There were 3 different documents outlining basic rules, bounty rules, and contracting rules. Those have now been combined into one document, and those documents have also been trimmed to be more clear and concise. I also, with the huge help of Keegan, a table of contents for people to find things easier. As someone who has been involved in the Guild and made some of these rules, I understand them like the back of my hand, but many others are not reading a huge document with a lot of nuanced rules. We are still going through them and simplifying them in cases we see where things are too complicated.

I have also talked to other prominent members of the server including some BCMDs and understand their thoughts and opinions about the faction as a whole and specifically the guild. I plan to make sure that rules are followed by all players and that we come down on rule breakers. This includes making sure that people know who to go to for reporting players who break the rules. That is a major problem throughout all of my time in Guild Leadership is players breaking rules when we are not there to see it, and we never hear about it until it has been weeks later.

Inside the faction itself

Guild:

I plan to keep making small changes to the Guild to keep optimizing our systems. We have come to a pretty good point right now with the updating of the rules document, the re-introduction of a leadership expectations document to make the jobs of Guild Marshals easier, and over two dozen minor things done in conjunction with Rohan over the past month that I will not bore you with. I plan to keep the leaders of the Guild working and help them get things done, but let them do their own things and not impede their progress. I will intervene when needed, but stand clear when they know what they are doing and are doing things the right way. I plan to roleplay in-game as the Governor and give Guild members new opportunities, and continue doing this but from a different roleplay perspective as I mentioned before.

Senate:

After talking with Keegan, the current Mas Amedda, he wants to look into changing the current line-up of senators on the server to make them more Rp-friendly and give new opportunities to roleplay. Gume Saam and Mas Amedda are the only characters that can act as corrupt individuals and that is one particular thing we are looking into. Also, some senators are nearly impossible to truly roleplay due to the fact there are so few appearances of the character in the star wars universe. This is something that will require a server suggestion and development, but it is something we are currently thinking about. On another note, I have also talked to Keegan about possibly reworking Senate selections so that characters are being properly roleplayed. This is also a sentiment I have heard from others on the server as a complaint about the Senate. People have just got the position, sat on the job, and did not roleplay. This needs to be fixed and the root cause is making sure that at selections we vet out people who cannot properly roleplay as the character. As well I will be talking to Keegan, Senate Guard, and CG/DS about the performance of the senators beyond their activity and in-game hours, to make sure that they are actually on the job roleplaying instead of standing still doing nothing, or B-hopping around. As stated earlier I plan to roleplay with the senate from the perspective of a corrupt politician. I know the Senate/Senate Guard has a sentiment of disliking the position of Governor due to the past lack of roleplay from the Governor, but I intend to end this and set the standard for what a Governor should act like in-game and out-of-game.

I also know that the Senate has some problems with activity. This partially stems from the inactivity of the leadership, but I am confident the current leadership will be able to increase their activity. They had a lot of issues out-of-game and were doing a lot of work out-of-game, that will be cleared up leaving more time for in-game roleplay. If this does not change though, I will be willing to deal with their inactivity with a removal if need be, but I hope that will not be the case. The Senate also allows senators to meet their hours when doing document work out-of-game. I am looking into changing this. The Senate is a roleplay-intensive faction, and while doc work is important, they should have to be doing roleplay in-game to justify their position. Their bill work and doc work are important, but from an outside perspective, they are seen as not doing anything. This also stunts what the Senate Guard can do. They are an extremely fragile sub-unit that relies on senators to be on for them to hop on. They need senators to be on and role-playing, but if they are not on the server and doing doc work instead, it doesn’t give them any roleplay. Again these are all things I will look into before coming in and changing everything. I am not going to come in and do all of this without properly seeing the systems now in action. I see these problems, and these are potential solutions.

Do you understand that your position has a three-month term? 

Yes

🌓🌙

+1 I enjoyed roleplaying with you while in Eldar and outside of it.

• Friendly 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

+1 You've put in the work man, you deserve it.

• Friendly 1

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

I just have a few questions about this before I give a -1 or +1

22 minutes ago, Hanz said:

I also, with the huge help of Keegan, a table of contents for people to find things easier.

Why was keegan a senate member changing things on a guild document Senate deals with senate and guild deals with guild they don't dip hands in each other so I don't understand why he was in there when we had people who were willing to do it especially when the senate wasn't in the best spot as of then

25 minutes ago, Hanz said:

On another note, I have also talked to Keegan about possibly reworking Senate selections so that characters are being properly roleplayed.

If this is something that wants to be done what is stopping keegan from doing this by himself when in the past has had plenty of time as well as a governor who was more than willing to help him with this in the past

26 minutes ago, Hanz said:

I also know that the Senate has some problems with activity. This partially stems from the inactivity of the leadership, but I am confident the current leadership will be able to increase their activity.

This has been a problem for quite a while now what's your plan do deal with this to increase their activity in general as most of the time I was on previously they had no one enforcing it with no LOA's in at all. 

Biggest question of all. What's stopping you and keegan from doing these changes that you have currently laid out and implementing them. most of them doesn't seem that big and just involving development suggestions. This is refering to both guild and senate things that you wish to do btw not just senate

• Dumb 1
11 minutes ago, Xiao said:

Biggest question of all. What's stopping you and keegan from doing these changes that you have currently laid out and implementing them. most of them doesn't seem that big and just involving development suggestions. This is refering to both guild and senate things that you wish to do btw not just senate

Do you think you can just do whatever you want as guild lead or mas amedda and never listen to your governor? Kiara hasn't been incharge for less than a week! What do you expect them to do fix everything immediately after they get full control? This isn't a thing where an XO has sat in power for like a month and suddenly has all these changes they wanna do they just got full freedom from all direct oversight and they wanna change things?

+1, no one deserves it more than Hanz, he understands guild better than most. Giving Senate freedom is awesome too

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

23 minutes ago, Xiao said:

Why was keegan a senate member changing things on a guild document Senate deals with senate and guild deals with guild they don't dip hands in each other so I don't understand why he was in there when we had people who were willing to do it especially when the senate wasn't in the best spot as of then

It was something as small as adding a table of contents. I asked him how to do it and he showed me and just did it for me. He is very good with documents and he was available at the time I was working on it. I said huge help to give him credit for what he did as it was an important part, but to be honest it took like 5 minutes for him.

If this is something that wants to be done what is stopping keegan from doing this by himself when in the past has had plenty of time as well as a governor who was more than willing to help him with this in the past

I don't know why he didn't do this before. I went to him with the idea about it recently as I stated I think selections need to do a better job of vetting things. He agreed with me after I explained why. This seems more like a criticism of Keegan and not me. He hasn't asked me to do this, but I said if I get the position I want to look into doing this.

This has been a problem for quite a while now what's your plan do deal with this to increase their activity in general as most of the time I was on previously they had no one enforcing it with no LOA's in at all.

I will be extremely Pro-active in making sure that they are not only meeting their hours, but that they are doing role-play during those hours. If they do not meet their hours or are not roleplaying as their character they will be striked/removed. I will also make sure that their LOAs are not a BS reason and that if they are taking too many LOAs/ROAs then they will be striked/removed, Keegan and senior senators included and even more important for me.

I didn't really detail many plans for the Guild as of now, because me and Rohan are actively working on those things now, so there is no new plans I felt I needed to add. Those plans are also mostly small changes to optimize the systems we have now as stated in my application. To your point about the Senate, I am currently the Guild Leader. It is not my job to go in and rework Keegan's tryouts, nor do I have the power to. We have the same rank equivalency. I plan to do those things if I get governor, but if not I am still willing to help Keegan if he wishes to fix those things, but then you would criticize me for focusing on Senate instead of the Guild. And for the part about suggestions, these ideas were only brought up in the last few days and are to be done if I am governor. Again, Keegan can do those things now if he wishes, and ask for my help, but that is not up to me and is up to him. Making this again, feel like a criticism of Keegan and not me.

Edited by Hanz

🌓🌙

5 minutes ago, Metro said:

-1, I do not believe you are mature enough to hold a position of power/leadership. The way you go about conflict and issues is something I personally cannot agree with.

-1 - I hard agree with this statement. You have a tendency to be immature with going with different situations when handed to you. I do not believe you're fit for this position at this current time. 

• Funny 1
  • Bruh 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

11 minutes ago, Metro said:

-1, I do not believe you are mature enough to hold a position of power/leadership. The way you go about conflict and issues is something I personally cannot agree with.

I would love to know a recent example of this

🌓🌙

+1. You definitely could have/even should have gotten guild leader last time you tried for it, definitely deserve a chance. 

One of the most dedicated, if not the most dedicated BH player. You keep coming back for it and always do a great job. It's been years now. You deserve a chance.

• Friendly 1

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

+1 I believe Hanz is an amazing candidate, I understand that he might not be the most professional at times, but I think we all usually get over it, and can see it as a joke afterwards, Hanz has mitigated a lot of fights in ooc between clones and hunters, he makes sure people take it out of OOC, and tells them to deal with it, or he will step in. I also believe that he genuinely wants BH to rp more with clones.

Future Adult!

+1. 
Hanz messes around. We all do. There are some people in the past and present (Bacta as the most notable recent one) who held/hold much higher positions than RCMD, Been known to goof off, and still done plenty of great work on the server. Hanz in the past as a VA and Guild member has shown he is more than capable of handling serious situations. Some of the people -1ing have done some goofy ass shit and saying its the reason for their -1. It's crazy that people think just because you act unprofessional in TS and mess around on downtime that it means you can't handle a position. 

Being too strict is a bad thing. Finding someone who can balance both is a godsend. Hanz is capable of this. That i can swear on. He was a very serious and dedicated member in 2020-2022. He was a very well behaved Jedi Master and Plo Koon. 104th loved him for his effort and work in an OOC sense. Meaning this applies to Hanz as a person and NOT as a specific faction. Hanz can put the same work into the Civilian faction as he did into the Clone and Jedi Factions. 

Past interactions or 1 small interaction does not dictate an entire persons personality. Please for the love of  god understand this.

To reiterate this is a +1. I know i rambled for a bit

Edited by Mystic
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Dumb 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Ima be real.

I have not grudge or hate against you. But ive seen stuff from your end wich you also have seen in me. Plus helping people that are cloaked in BCC with data heist trough TS in conspiracy with an RC wich had his helmet off on purpose im curious to know what other thigs might have happend during your time as LT.

I havent had the best interactions with you, actually the only times i talked with you were when you were mad about something 1 Naval did and yelled at me for it.

Im sorry but i have to -1 you, with the Character youve shown me i dont think youre well fit for a High Command position.

(This is based on interactions between BH/ You and Myself)

+1 

As much as I jokingly despise Hanz, I think he's a good kid and has certainly shown ability to become a leader, figuratively. Let alone be the current Guild Leader.  I think he's very capable of this position.  Best of luck.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

37 minutes ago, Mr_warmacYT said:

Ima be real.

I have not grudge or hate against you. But ive seen stuff from your end wich you also have seen in me. Plus helping people that are cloaked in BCC with data heist trough TS in conspiracy with an RC wich had his helmet off on purpose im curious to know what other thigs might have happend during your time as LT.

I havent had the best interactions with you, actually the only times i talked with you were when you were mad about something 1 Naval did and yelled at me for it.

Im sorry but i have to -1 you, with the Character youve shown me i dont think youre well fit for a High Command position.

I understand your concern but I assure you in whatever situation it was with someone cloaked in BCC, I was not helping them, I might have been in the same TS as them but that does not mean I am helping them. I am neutral about hunters completing data heist, because it keeps people coming back for more on their hunter if they fail, and rewards them for doing good if they pass. I also am not in control of whatever RC was helping them with their helmet off. I probably should have said something at the time but at the end of the day I can't control other people's actions.

I don't really remember what instance you are talking about where I yelled at you, I am not a mean/confrontational person unless I am actually furious which has only happened a handful of times on the server and I remember them well. I might have raised my voice a little but I apologize if it seemed like I was yelling at you. My only guess was that this is about the most wanted board and I was not frustrated at you in that scenario, but frustrated at someone else who completely miscommunicated with both of us on that end and I had to clean up the mess. Again, I apologize if it seemed like I yelled at you, I didn't mean it that way.

Appreciate the feedback even if you don't change your mind

🌓🌙

22 hours ago, Mr_warmacYT said:

Ima be real.

-1 sums it up, personally i've not seen you as active as other applicants either which for me shows you aren't 100% dedicated to the position. 

EDIT:

to go more in-depth with my -1, to put things kindly, you're an asshole. You've displayed yourself as a power-hungry sort of person that with power would ultimately destroy BH and I'll confidentially say that most BH's don't like you and are afraid to speak up in-case you get the position some-how. There's a better application that has made mistakes in the past, yes but has taken responsibility for his mistakes unlike you have. You act like Mr. Right all the time and always seem to find a way to get out of situations. I'm basing this on things I've personally seen, clips, and might add "rumors" from people who are credible.

Edited by Nescoh
  • Confused 2
  • Dumb 3
  • Bruh 1

Formerly: Coruscant Guard Snow, Temple Guard Gatekeeper V

spacer.png

Banned

+1

I don’t know you well and I won’t pretend to, nor have I really talked much, but that doesn’t change the obvious. You should have gotten it the first time around. You may lack maturity around friends (weird, right?), but you’ve shown severe dedication and professionalism toward the future and shape of BH for longer then most anyone commenting thus far. The sheer difference on how you act in matters related to the faction vs how you handle other matters is a blaring example of face value dedication. I’d trust your judgement in this role in a heartbeat due to the experience alone! 

:redalarmed::redthumbsup:

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

+1 Claims of immaturity here are ridiculous and unbacked. It seems some of the criticism on this application is regarding how I operate, rather than focusing on Hanz. If you have any concerns regarding me, please bring them up to me so I can work to address them, rather than just sitting on it and doing nothing! Now, Hanz has put in a great deal of work into the Guild over his time on this server, and has great experience with being a leader on the server. If there were any valid complaints regarding his behavior, report him to the proper members of the server. If this is obviously such a problem, why is he still Guild Leader, which is a Commander rank? Makes no sense, almost like these complaints are only brought up when he goes for this position since half of you do the same thing or worse. 

I have full faith in Hanz in this position, and believe wholeheartedly in his ideas and being able to actually work with him in the Senate, and his ability to work with other members of High Command as the Governor.

• Winner 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

+1 Good friend when I was in 104th, remember him Deku and I having fun on the server. Good luck.

• Optimistic 1

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

+1 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Bro makes fun of me yet don't change the fact he'd make a good pick for governor. Too the people who are putting "You immature" bring a clip next time :Amogus: accusation's with no evidence is a crazy way to get you too have no respect. IMO 

+ 1

• Agree 4

spacer.png
Bicep in the backwood that bitch too strong."

On 5/3/2023 at 4:24 PM, Hanz said:

I would love to know a recent example of this

Gladly - Lack of respect for teamspeak rules and blatantly do it to irritate people. The shitty roleplay you tried to force upon the Nulls even though no one wanted it and told you multiple times. Finally you like to start drama in OOC, during events/interactions with bounty hunters you often shit talk the opposing side. 

Edited by Metro
  • Confused 1

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

7 minutes ago, Metro said:

Gladly - Lack of respect for teamspeak rules and blatantly do it to irritate people. The shitty roleplay you tried to force upon the Nulls even though no one wanted it and told you multiple times. Finally you like to start drama in OOC, during events/interactions with bounty hunters you often shit talk the opposing side. 

Ah yes, when I joke with people about "did you ask to join the channel" I have been told people actually care and have since stopped but me and a few others (Rizzo especially) were just joking around and I did not know anyone had a real issue with it. Anytime someone seriously asks me to leave I do. Again, I have since stopped when learning some people actually had an issue with it.

I don't know what roleplay you are talking about. If it has to do with Eldar, that is not me forcing roleplay upon anyone. Please be more specific.

Please provide any proof of me starting drama in OOC or a detailed account of it happening. I can only think of one time this happening and I was responding to a guy who talked shit to me first and got mad at me for nothing. Sorry for getting mad at a guy who talked shit to me. Even in this scenario I explained what I did to the guy and didn't say anything remotely toxic until he pressed the issue even further. Slump came and told me to stop before it got any worse and I did stop right then. If this is the scenario you are talking about I hardly thing that reflects my ability to be Governor. 

🌓🌙

19 hours ago, Nescoh said:

You've displayed yourself as a power-hungry sort of person that with power would ultimately destroy BH

Is there any proof of that? As far as I can tell, your fairly new/recently came back and dont know Hanz at all, he's held countless leadership positions and has upheld their duties without bias/conflict throughout the entire time he held the ranks, the only exception being TCC which was literally years ago. All you're arguments are fruitless and until clips are shown, they have no actual backing. Your just making these assumptions based off what other people are saying while barely knowing Hanz.

1 sums it up, personally i've not seen you as active as other applicants either which for me shows you aren't 100% dedicated to the position. 

Warmacs entire -1 was personal, how does that sum up you're own opinions on Hanz? And for the activity part, although Rohan is active I will not say he isn't, Hanz fully focuses his Guild Leader character, while Rohan has A'den (Which has a 20 hour requirement every two weeks) which takes away from his Guild LT's focus, let alone Governor. Hanz does have a 41st SFC character, but if you actually looked at his hours and compared them between his Guild Leader/Clone its obvious he is dedicated to the Guild, on top of all of that he has been in Guild Leadership for a year+ since his first time getting Guild LT back in January 2022 (Although he did resign originally, he returned not to long after which the exact same drive and optimism the guild needed.) You're entire argument here make no sense, and like I said before your just making stuff up based off assumptions which have no backing.

I'll confidentially say that most BH's don't like you and are afraid to speak up in-case you get the position some-how.

What? I cant name a single hunter who would be scared to go to Hanz to voice their concerns other than the worry of not following CoC. I'm assuming you've never had a major interaction with him in game, but he doesn't come off as scary if that's what your aiming for.

There's a better application that has made mistakes in the past, yes but has taken responsibility for his mistakes unlike you have.

What major mistakes have their been? As far as I know Hanz didn't pull a community banned members IP and showed it off to them and tell them to "stay safe", something to that degree should be spoken about and apologized for. From my own interactions with Hanz everything he does is within reason, whether that be demoting someone, promoting, etc. the only somewhat example of this would be when he is messing around with friends, making playful jokes which are obviously satire. If you are expecting someone to apologize over a joke made to their own friends, I don't think Synergy is the community for you, there is much softer and stricter communities to play.

I'm basing this on things I've personally seen, clips, and might add "rumors" from people who are credible.

And lastly, can we see those clips? if you aren't comfortable posting them on the forums please send them to my DMs (Toaster#5569), but you cant just make these allegations off of clips you aren't sharing, especially on a application for a regimental equiv, it seems to me you're just trying to slander Hanz's character. If the clips are damning enough, I wouldn't be opposed to changing my vote however.

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Dumb 1

Future Dev. Assistant

55 minutes ago, ToasterBath said:

Is there any proof of that? As far as I can tell, your fairly new/recently came back and dont know Hanz at all, he's held countless leadership positions and has upheld their duties without bias/conflict throughout the entire time he held the ranks, the only exception being TCC which was literally years ago. All you're arguments are fruitless and until clips are shown, they have no actual backing. Your just making these assumptions based off what other people are saying while barely knowing Hanz.

Warmacs entire -1 was personal, how does that sum up you're own opinions on Hanz? And for the activity part, although Rohan is active I will not say he isn't, Hanz fully focuses his Guild Leader character, while Rohan has A'den (Which has a 20 hour requirement every two weeks) which takes away from his Guild LT's focus, let alone Governor. Hanz does have a 41st SFC character, but if you actually looked at his hours and compared them between his Guild Leader/Clone its obvious he is dedicated to the Guild, on top of all of that he has been in Guild Leadership for a year+ since his first time getting Guild LT back in January 2022 (Although he did resign originally, he returned not to long after which the exact same drive and optimism the guild needed.) You're entire argument here make no sense, and like I said before your just making stuff up based off assumptions which have no backing.

What? I cant name a single hunter who would be scared to go to Hanz to voice their concerns other than the worry of not following CoC. I'm assuming you've never had a major interaction with him in game, but he doesn't come off as scary if that's what your aiming for.

What major mistakes have their been? As far as I know Hanz didn't pull a community banned members IP and showed it off to them and tell them to "stay safe", something to that degree should be spoken about and apologized for. From my own interactions with Hanz everything he does is within reason, whether that be demoting someone, promoting, etc. the only somewhat example of this would be when he is messing around with friends, making playful jokes which are obviously satire. If you are expecting someone to apologize over a joke made to their own friends, I don't think Synergy is the community for you, there is much softer and stricter communities to play.

And lastly, can we see those clips? if you aren't comfortable posting them on the forums please send them to my DMs (Toaster#5569), but you cant just make these allegations off of clips you aren't sharing, especially on a application for a regimental equiv, it seems to me you're just trying to slander Hanz's character. If the clips are damning enough, I wouldn't be opposed to changing my vote however.

1. No proof, just from what I've seen, it's my personal opinion, need need to get angry about it.

2. If his -1 was personal I guess that Keegans -1 on Rohan's is as well, Regardless of Rohan having another character to focus on that doesn't mean anything. Half the time Hanz is on the server he's usually just AFK, so hours is out of the equation here. If you feel my -1 makes no sense, wonderful. That's your opinion homie.

3. I can name a handful of Hunters but I'm not going to since that'd go against them wanting to speak out. 

4. You clearly haven't researched the whole IP pulling situation like I actually did so that's embarrassing. Especially since that conversation was a whole ass year ago lmfao. If you're here to judge somebody's past based on a present application then I'm sorry but maybe you'd fit better on Reddit than here on the forums.

5. I don't have the clips otherwise I'd showcase them. I've just seen them. I'm not a witch-hunting nerd who saves clips of people. Sorry that I am unlike any of those weirdos. Like I said, this is fully my opinion and based off of what I've heard. My opinion is valid to be shared. If you'd like to come at me for that, that's really sad of you but I wouldn't be surprised.

Slander is a strong word to use in a comment section for a roleplay position, it's an opinion. get over it. You aren't very commendable for your attitude on the forums either so if I found the clips you're the last person I'd send them to. 

Have a good day.

Edited by Nescoh
  • Dumb 9

Formerly: Coruscant Guard Snow, Temple Guard Gatekeeper V

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Nescoh said:

If his -1 was personal I guess that Keegans -1 on Rohan's is as well

Warmacs entire -1 was based off one time personal interactions. Keegans response was written by three people who all experienced the same things from Rohan.

1 hour ago, Nescoh said:

You clearly haven't researched the whole IP pulling situation like I actually did so that's embarrassing.

I'm not sure if you're lying or if you misunderstood what I said, Rohan did pull their IP through another communities forums, and it was in the past, I have acknowledged that. I was using it as an example, because you are actively trying to antagonize and lie about Hanz on his application, you have no proof/actual reason to accuse him of not owning up to mistakes. if you don't have any actual reasons you can just -1 and go on with your day, you don't have to copy others and lie about your own personal experiences.

1 hour ago, Nescoh said:

I can name a handful of Hunters but I'm not going to since that'd go against them wanting to speak out. 

That's fine and I respect that, however the same could be said if Rohan got it, people are going to hold grudges, if the person who Rohan flaunted their IP to got unbanned and came back you think they would be intimidated? The point I tried to make was people wouldn't be scared to go to him as a person, rather than the fear of previous interactions, usually relating to punishments he gave out during his time as 104th XO, etc. which don't prove that he's power hungry or scary to approach, he was just doing what was required of him as a command member. But my point still stands, unless one of these players does say something and has an actual reason to be intimidated, how would I know you're not just making another lie up about Hanz?

1 hour ago, Nescoh said:

based off of what I've heard.

How can you form your own opinion based on someone you've never met entirely off of other people interactions? you're purely judging him based off what others have said, you cant form your own opinion on someone if you've never interacted with them, or have never seen him consistently make these mistakes you dog on him for. At that point you're following other people to fit in. Everyone has been clipped doing something stupid at least once, and Hanz has been around on synergy for a very long time, of course he would make a couple of mistakes throughout that time, but the difference is they were small and dealt with right after, not major things that effected his time on the server.

1 hour ago, Nescoh said:

Slander is a strong word to use in a comment section for a roleplay position, it's an opinion. get over it. You aren't very commendable for your attitude on the forums either so if I found the clips you're the last person I'd send them to. 

I used the word Slander cause you aren't just calling him out for how he is on Gmod, your actively trying to defile how he is as a person, which is why I would obviously defend him. As I have stated time and time before, if there's no proof and you are just saying "Oh no trust me it happened" how am I supposed to believe you? I'm not trying to come off as toxic, I was just saying and attempting to convey the fact most of your topics are futile when actually reviewed, due to all of them having no evidence.

And lastly, I'm not angry about it, nor am I trying to make you look bad, I was addressing your -1 as I personally believed and still believe (especially with your most recent response) that majority, if not all of it, is either made up or simply formed by other peoples opinions, and not your own. 

• Agree 1

Future Dev. Assistant

Head Admin
On 5/3/2023 at 3:05 PM, Hanz said:

How do you plan to improve relations between the guild and the server?:

The biggest thing I have seen that is a factor in bad relations between the Guild and the server is a misunderstanding of the rules and the Republic's lack of knowledge of the rules.

No. I strongly disagree with this from an anecdotal perspective. 

I highly respect you reaching out to leaders in the server and asking what could change with civilians. Rohan didn't do that but you did, and it shows you care about the faction. However, when I gave you my feedback I felt extremely brushed off and you asking was just a formality. I see that you've addressed some of that in your app, but talking to me about it at the time would've been appreciated. I understand that doing that with everyone you probably asked seems tedious, but it would've changed my opinion. 

I wish you the best of luck with your app and the civilian branch as a whole but it's a -1 from me. 

• Winner 1
  • Pay Respect 1
  • Dumb 3

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

This is hard :(

On one hand, I think Hanz should have gotten Guild Lead when he applied last time, and I've been very open about my feelings about that since the vote closed. I also think you're one of the most dedicated people when it comes to BH, and I know you'll put 110% into doing what you think is best for the faction.

On the other hand, you were really mingy after you left and when you first came back, you can be pretty unreasonable when you get into arguments with people on occasion, and I don't trust some of the people you're relying on to run the faction. 

It's clear this is a very polarizing vote on both sides, so I'm wondering if you have any plans on trying to reconcile the split between Senate and BHs?

I'm also curious about your thoughts on how you've grown since the last time you applied for this position (as IIRC maturity was a factor for some people on why you got denied)?

• Informative 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

11 minutes ago, Finn said:

I'm also curious about your thoughts on how you've grown since the last time you applied for this position (as IIRC maturity was a factor for some people on why you got denied)?

I think I have grown immensely in my maturity level since the last time I applied, tbh it took me going to college and realizing I need to stop trying so hard to make people laugh for people to genuinely like me. In the past I would say it takes certain people to reign me in and get serious (particularly in game), and now I would say it takes certain people to get me to my old goofy self. Yes, I still have a joking personality, but I have realized its better to not always need to make people laugh.  This particularly is apparent when I am in-game. In TS and discord I still like to joke around a lot, but I always know when its time to get serious. I have also learned that my words affect people more than I know. I have weight and influence on the server, and I need to realize that before I speak especially in public spaces.

🌓🌙

So, I have questions to make. First of all we all know I haven't played in a while and you could have changed your mingyness and such. But based on the comments it seems like there are still a lot of -1s for that very reason. My questions are as follows. First of all, Bounty Hunter is a hot topic item on the server always has been and im going to assume always will be. From my understanding Governor is basically faction lead of Bounty Hunter, Civilian, And Senate. How do you plan to work with the Bounty Hunter lead on making sure those that are going to mess around and cause issues get handled. Lets be real, new leadership on a game like Gmod means people are going to push their limits and see how far they can get its a cycle its also human nature at times on a game like gmod where a lot of the player base does happen to be much younger people are naturally going to want to see what they can get away with. How do you plan to handle that. 

As far as I remember back when we were both masters Thorpy was your friend and it wasn't really a secret and I am not putting the entirety of the blame on you because the vote obviously passed meaning it wasn't just you the entire master team voted him in. But you were the main driving push on Thorpy getting master. We knew he was a minge and we knew he wasn't mature enough yet you pushed him through with the sole reason of his roleplay ability. And that is the only reason you gave im not just pulling this out of nowhere. He was pushed to master specifically and only because he did roleplay a lot. What's stopping you from taking your friends and trying to boost them up again this time without really needing a vote and such (I don't know how governor works maybe you still gotta vote) since you have a much bigger voice than just a regular master/council member back then. Basically are you going to curb favoritism because truthfully that can be a big issue for EVERYONE not just putting this on you exclusively everyone can do it. 

I am not going to -1/+1 until these are answered and then I will vote accordingly

(BUNCHA RANKS AND NAMES HERE)

22 minutes ago, SquishyFishyy said:

How do you plan to work with the Bounty Hunter lead on making sure those that are going to mess around and cause issues get handled.

So for this first question I will be doing the exact same thing I have been doing as Guild Leader which is following the chain of command for disciplinary, but I will just be higher up on the chain. We have 3 Guild Marshals right now that have been doing great work and I trust them to do discipline, but if they are not there for whatever reason it goes up to LT, and then leader, and then Governor. Not much will change in that aspect unless I see the quality in our discipline decline, in that case I will evaluate our leadership and make sure they are doing their jobs. 

Edit: I want to add, us as Guild Leadership are deciding to crack down on more people breaking rules, so I will add we will use the same system but be more strict about it.

As far as I remember back when we were both masters Thorpy was your friend and it wasn't really a secret

I will be honest when I put Thorpy up for master I was not really friends with him at the time. I had seen his in-game roleplay, and mutual friends of ours that I trusted had said good things about him. I went to another Master at the time about it and he said he liked the idea (I don't remember who, sorry). I knew he had a joking side, but I personally had not seen it in game. I also contemplated it over a few different meetings, I know I had put his name down in the agenda and deleted it in one of the meetings after realizing it probably wasn't time yet.

What's stopping you from taking your friends and trying to boost them up again this time without really needing a vote and such (I don't know how governor works maybe you still gotta vote) since you have a much bigger voice than just a regular master/council member back then. Basically are you going to curb favoritism because truthfully that can be a big issue for EVERYONE not just putting this on you exclusively everyone can do it. 

I mean the team running Citizen is much smaller, so if someone is favoritized in, then it will be apparent. I have not done any such thing in Bounty Hunter before, and two of my closest friends on the server recently applied for Guild Marshal, and I stayed out of the vote entirely, because I knew my bias might affect my vote. I value the quality of the person over my friendship with them. So in short, Yes I will curb any favoritism, but I understand your concern with the Thorpy situation. If I had any clue what he was going to do back then, I never would have considered him for master, but like I said I didn't know him too well and heard and saw a few good things about him, so I threw up a vote.

Edited by Hanz
  • Friendly 1

🌓🌙

I'll leave a +1 I appreciate the response it seemed professional and truthfully didn't realize you were already bounty hunter lead that kinda fixes the issue of full new leadership as you can still kinda of continue and work with the next bounty hunter lead. As far as the thorpy thing it wasnt bringing up what he turned into but what he was at the time but it's fine I understand he was manipulative and showed some who favored him what they wanted to see. +1 good luck put your mind to it and I'm sure you could do great things... Just remember to listen to those below you and it'll be great try and find solutions into merging your ideas with others and find an overall solution... That's the best tip I can give you for RCMD positions

• Friendly 2

(BUNCHA RANKS AND NAMES HERE)

On 5/5/2023 at 3:38 PM, Hanz said:

I think I have grown immensely in my maturity level since the last time I applied, tbh it took me going to college and realizing I need to stop trying so hard to make people laugh for people to genuinely like me. In the past I would say it takes certain people to reign me in and get serious (particularly in game), and now I would say it takes certain people to get me to my old goofy self. Yes, I still have a joking personality, but I have realized its better to not always need to make people laugh.  This particularly is apparent when I am in-game. In TS and discord I still like to joke around a lot, but I always know when its time to get serious. I have also learned that my words affect people more than I know. I have weight and influence on the server, and I need to realize that before I speak especially in public spaces.

I appreciate the quick response. I did read your DM as well, and I'm going to +1. Good luck my guy!

• Friendly 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

+1

id trust this kid with anything.

Personality traits listed above for reasons to -1 are kind cringe.

hanz has a great personality and the ability to decipher when to fuck around and when to be serious.

Hanz would do great as Governor no doubt about it.

• Friendly 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Banned

Hanz is good. +1

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

r4ymo.gif

GM Leadership

+1
Hanz just don't be schizo

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

You will be contacted by a Director or relevant High Command for your denial reason.

You may apply for another commander positions after 30 DAYS from this post.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

• Funny 1
  • Winner 1
  • Confused 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk