[WAIVED] Metro's Kal Skirata Application

Metro

Steam Name: Metro

RP Name: 501st SGT Metro | Elder Knight Guccimus

RP Rank: Sergeant | Elder Knight

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:155561484

Battalion or squad you are applying for: Kal Skirata - SOBDE Battalion Commander

Experience:

501st Legion

This was my first battalion on the server when I joined. I worked my way up to SMB (Equivalent WO) and got my ARC training. I then wanted to move into SOBDE to give it a try which is where I truly started playing the server and learning how much fun there was to be had.

Null

One of my favorite points in the server’s history was my time as Jaing. I played Jaing true to the lore and learned what it meant to be a part of SOBDE. I really enjoyed meeting people and changing SOBDE during my stint as Jaing as I was often looked to for advice by our Kal. If it wasn’t for a disagreement with the second Kal of my time as Jaing I most likely would have stayed in the position longer than I did. 

Ion Team Climber

Climber for Ion Team was my first chance at a Squad Lead position. I focused on changing the mentality of SOBDE from the elitist, arrogant ways that they seemed to have run into during my absence. I was able to put together a pretty good squad of Ginyu, Vires and Woeny which was pretty universally liked and worked great with the other battalions on the server. This is what shaped my vision for being a leader and how to run squads. Focusing on having fun and promoting RP rather than being PVP orientated and secluded. My time in this position I feel provides a good argument of what I can do when I get the chance to start from the ground up.

Rancor - Alpha

After my time as Climber I took a short break before returning to the server to play as a Rancor ARC Trooper. I worked my way up to Fordo and helped found the Alpha ARC Subunit that you see today with Fizzik and Dragon. 

Omega Squad Niner

Omega Squad had sat empty for a good couple of weeks with no leader and only having one member. I decided I would take the chance to try and revive the squad and apply for Niner. While my term was short (Only about a month and a half) I was successfully able to revive the squad and set it on a path for the future. I then resigned to take a short break from the server.

Jedi Order - Round 1

Throughout my experience on synergy I had played Jedi on and off. However, I have held many different roles within the order. Such as: Quinlan Vos, Serra Keto, Cin Drallig and I was a manager successfully in every branch. Each position I took I tried to make a difference by revamping trials and boosting recruitment to the branches I worked with. I think my best example was my time as Cin Drallig with the Temple Guard numbers and morale being at a high state. While this has very little to do with my clone lifvs/experience for SOBDE positions I felt this was worth noting due to the leadership and different style of RP I was able to provide.

Bad Batch

I had about a month run as Tech for Bad Batch under Baxter. I really enjoyed the role but the character wasn’t the best fit for my personality which led to me having some issues and eventually moving on. However, this is truly where I learned that matching your characters personality in game results in funny situations. Working with people like Greek, Baxter and Lucky provided great RP at times and overall I do look back and wish I stayed a bit longer.

41st

After my time as Tech I joined the 41st where I worked as Quinlan Vos and a Green Company Medical Scout. I helped revamp medical documents, GC Tryouts and was an active intel member. However, at this time I wanted to go back to SOBDE which led me to try out for A’den.

Null the Return

Out of all my positions I have had the chance to be, being Kal was my favorite. Starting out as A’den eventually working my way up to Ordo in the squad, it became apparent that this is where I enjoyed my time the most on the server. When Korm decided to not run for a third term at the time, I stepped up and applied for the position. During my tenure as Kal I was successfully able to get a full null squad that was semi-active to active and all had a similar vision as me, which was to have fun and play the character. Working alongside Marvel as Boss and Tino as Niner we ran SOBDE as a group together and it rivals some of the best SOBDE RP I have seen on the server. Unfortunately due to work/school related circumstances I had to step away. 

104th/Jedi Order

I joined back after my school/work circumstances cleared up. I worked my way up in the 104th to Wolfpack Sinker where I worked on trying to revive the heavy branch. I also worked on the AT-TE Gunnery Documents among other things before becoming Plo Koon. I only spent about 2 Weeks in Plo Koon before once again other things took priority forcing me to leave.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

I want to become Kal again for three main reasons.

Number one being the success of the project with what's on the line. SOBDE is a big part of the server in my opinion and plays an influential role in providing RP. With this new process it is essential someone takes the reins who understands and has the ability to push the changes necessary for success. I have talked about and advocated for this project for two and a half years and I would love to actually take the lead and see it through. I believe if you look at my previous history with projects starting from the ground up (Ion Team, Omega Squad and Alpha ARC) you can see this is where I’m at my best. Working hard to provide a solid baseline and something the server can be proud of. Documentation and implementation of changes that better not only the experience for the members of the SOBDE but the server in general. I will attach a roadmap for the projected changes to SOBDE along with my application to promote clarity and to prove my application isn’t just talk trying to make myself look good and there is actual work being put in even prior to applying for this position. ROADMAP - SETUP FOR SOBDE - CHANGELOG

Number two would be my love for the character and rp that SOBDE provides. I always find myself gravitating back to SOBDE. One of my most important things to stress is allowing people to have fun and RP the characters. As Kal, I was able to facilitate RP not only within SOBDE but with others such as Naval, Jedi and other battalions. You could see this with the “Null Trainings” we used to do when we reserved the event server and brought battalions in to work on tactics. This always ended with a mini-event to practice their newly learned skill and promote fun. This was always done to show 2 things, 1 SOBDE wasn’t this secluded bunch of elitists and 2 to promote rp. Another way I liked to promote the RP was trying to make tryouts as clear as possible in order to give more people a chance to play a SOBDE Character. It was never to trick people into failing or boasting about how hard my tryouts were with round counters, it was more to evaluate you as a person and teammate. IF you were someone who could play the character but struggled with things such as PVP or Faces that was something you didn’t have to worry about in my Squads. I always tried to make it possible for people who wanted to join to have a fair chance at doing so. I can promise if given the opportunity this mindset would make a return and be pushed throughout SOBDE. Tryouts will return to a fair evaluation with no tricks. I cannot go into too much detail but I can assure that there will be no more complicated face chains or tricks involved. You won’t be put down with degrading comments or laughed at for messing up. Just a simple, hey unfortunately you haven’t passed this phase you are dismissed. This is big for me as it puts SOBDE in a more down to Earth mindset. The important thing is to have new faces, new members and to fill the battalion with quality players. The old ways drive people away and discourage them from ever trying again.

Number three and my final reason would be to try and promote something SOBDE hasn’t had very many times. And that would be an active leader with experience they can turn to with questions, concerns or to ask for help. But also someone who can be assertive and make decisions conducive to success. I have started this already by talking with SOBDE Leaders and members about what they want to see with this change and discussing with them the best way to go through with it. Throughout this process I will maintain an environment that promotes success and meet with the Squad Leads to promote clarity and work towards making this system the best it can be. The biggest key to this is clarity within the newly formed battalion and promoting synergy. (Ironic…) If we are all on the same page we can easily work together towards making the project something the server can be proud of having. While some of these changes will be abrasive and go against the norms, attacking the project as a group allows for everyone’s voices and input to be heard and implemented rather than one person forcing it upon the group.

Overall, I believe I am a qualified candidate for this position. I do understand that I do have a shaky history when it comes to maintaining a position for a full term or multiple terms but I will say this. I will finish the term if selected as there is no room for error with the project. I will strive to make this new SOBDE system the best it can be and set it up for future members and leaders to enjoy and have ease of use. None of this however, could be accomplished by me alone and requires a joint effort. I do hope I get the chance to spearhead this project and make it something special. And I thank the current SOBDE Members I have talked with for giving me the chance without even being within their current regiment and the others who have supported me previous to the application phase even becoming reality. 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?: Yes I understand the lore of all components of SOBDE.

Availability:

I am available everyday via discord and will dedicate at minimum 2 hours and a half per day on the server, in most cases it will be more however, I do not want to overestimate.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: On and Off for over 4 years. 

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:

I want SOBDE to be in a position where the project taking place can be deemed a success. Meaning that the system, 1: Runs Efficiently & Effectively, 2: Provides more opportunity for people to join SOBDE and experience this type of roleplay, 3: Establishes a foundation for future Kals & SOBDE Commanders and finally 5: Provides an enjoyable experience for those within SOBDE. On top of that already lofty goal I want SOBDE to be seen as more than just a clique. I want them to be seen as someone you can roleplay with regardless of your position, as long as there aren't legitimate roleplay reasons for them to be secluded such as for the plot of an event or when they are doing character specific rp. On a final note I would like to take a deep dive into EOD/TECH training and work with the community as a whole to improve the quality. I think this is a great opportunity to promote better roleplay and bring some fresh air into those types of scenarios. Ultimately if this can be accomplished I believe I will have met or exceeded expectations within this application I have set out for myself within the position by the end of my term and I will have provided this project with the highest chance of success in the future.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes, and I would expect that.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: Yes

dMWGMzzouH04M7PwBq501C3vfyXYzdjVuhhrl8Yl3zPhOMK1rwUccfnxZACeJbrKTy5O2gIS2PUsPEZL8f-YUEFjSjbXhSd0K0WSwhwzcupBM6osXix-9pMehEzFKkEoV0zj_nrZ

Edited by Metro
  • Agree 3
  • Optimistic 1

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

Lmao no fuckin way

Now here's the thing. I think that SOBDE really needs a competent leader who's going to set a great example as the first of this new generation. Currently, I believe there's very few options. I've known you and talked to you numerous times and I know that you're capable of holding this position. I personally really want to see SOBDE go back into that higher echelon of roleplay and professionalism again. I really hope you make SOBDE that way again.

+1.

hi.

Forum Admin

+1. I've spoke with Metro about his plans extensively and I do think he'll push this change in a positive direction.

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1, Metro has the experience and has been talking with us on what he plans on doing!

Hi, I'm Marsh, I'm 19, I work at Disney Land as a Mickey Mouse Actor and get paid minimum wage. My mother kicked me out the house so I live with my Grandma. Hit me up on discord for some gaming times!

Same thing as Naffen. I talked to Metro about his plans and reasons in detail and he actually has solutions for problems. As well as a visually appealing layout.

You were my Plo Koon when I was Wolffe so I know I can work with you and I know how much dedication you put towards a position. I'm glad to see you trying to start this off right. Guccimus.
+1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1

Your plans are great, I'm pretty sure you've talked to pretty much every member of SOBDE in small groups if not one on one and discussed your ideas. I know i've spent almost 10 hours in channels with you discussing with individual groups. I'm very confident in your ability to lead us.

Edited by Conrad

spacer.pngspacer.png

+1 Metro has offered more reassurance with what is going on with SOBDE and i trust you to make sure everything works out best for everyone

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

+1 he actually did it

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

+1. Metro has the experience and maturity to hold this position and do well with it.

He actually put in the time and effort to talk with myself and every other member of SOBDE about his plans, and they are solid. 

Good luck!

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

2 hours ago, Metro said:

dMWGMzzouH04M7PwBq501C3vfyXYzdjVuhhrl8Yl3zPhOMK1rwUccfnxZACeJbrKTy5O2gIS2PUsPEZL8f-YUEFjSjbXhSd0K0WSwhwzcupBM6osXix-9pMehEzFKkEoV0zj_nrZ

4554c76a301537c40fe344247a3f5d2b.jpg

I see that picture at the end. Anyway, Metro. Your actions speak louder than words. You're the man for the job! It'll be a sight to see you as Kal once again, good luck man! I ain't gonna be sappy but you've got this. +1

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

+1 I've known Metro for an extensive period of time on the server.  I've seen him first hand work as a great leader primarily in Rancor.  Now that he's come back I believe he can do a lot of great work in SOBDE as Kal Skirata!  

• Agree 2

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

This dude is really dope. He's spoken with just about everyone in SOBDE (except me but it's alright we talked in the end). I was very wary in the beginning when you came back to the server and announced your intentions of running for Kal, however, I have a decent amount of faith in you and you seem able enough in the short time that we have spoken. As the SOBDE Reg out the door, you've got my +1 and I sincerely hope you do good in this position and lead SOBDE towards a bright future. We in SOBDE are currently setting up a system and getting it going to get SOBDE on its feet after the change and I hope you take this and lead SOBDE to where it needs to be.

+1, please do good. 

(Directors dont bean me I won't be able to be at this interview anyways)

• Friendly 1

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

+1

metro boomin make it boom

(In all seriousness, me and Metro have had many talks about his plans, ideas, and thoughts and I trust him to do a smooth transition into this new age of SO BDE)

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

+1 its obvious SOBDE support you but i do got 1 question

Do you plan on returning to the server after your term or do you want to help the transition period mainly? 

Edited by Bacta

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

26 minutes ago, Bacta said:

+1 its obvious SOBDE support you but i do got 1 question

Do you plan on returning to the server after your term or do you want to help the transition period mainly? 

I like to take things one project at a time. I will definitely explore the option when the time comes! I have really been enjoying my time back.

• Winner 1

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

Head Admin

+1, Good luck Metro 

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

On 5/8/2021 at 5:18 PM, Metro said:

On a final note I would like to take a deep dive into EOD/TECH training and work with the community as a whole to improve the quality. I think this is a great opportunity to promote better roleplay and bring some fresh air into those types of scenarios. Ultimately if this can be accomplished I believe I will have met or exceeded expectations within this application I have set out for myself within the position by the end of my term and I will have provided this project with the highest chance of success in the future.

Honestly, addressing that right there already peaked my interest. I hope we can get better communication going between our groups since 21st boarding relies heavily on this. Going to drop a +1 and look forward to seeing this stuff.

• Winner 1

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

+1 

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1

Metro is honestly one of my favorite people on the server. He's calm, collected, passionate and always willing to drop encouragement. Not to mention he has his credentials. While I definitely disdained the changes, I'm no longer in SOBDE and have come to accept them. I think he'd be a great fit for SOBDE moving forward. He's the best possible option and the one they deserve. Just has a bad habit of "going to get milk and cigarettes"... so hopefully we get to see him stick around!

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

• Disagree 1