you are loved and valued

RP Name:

Rad Thekk

RP Rank:

Guild Lieutenant

SteamID:

STEAM_0:0:54192568

Experience:

While I have a decent amount of Leadership experience on the Republic character side of things, I feel a full run-down of everything I’ve been isn’t necessarily required because it bloats applications. I’ll list below the things I think matter.

Commander (CG)

Executive Officer (CG)

BCMD Fox (CG) x2

Guild Cabinet Member x2 (Before and after reorganization)

Guild Lieutenant

When it comes to BH itself, I’ve been the primary figurehead behind initiating new systems that disallow toxicity and have personally innovated much of what’s available today. Some of these things include the inventory system, VIP instant access, CIS mercenaries, much of the Republic contracting system, Guild Spies, etc.

Why should you become Guild Leader?:

If you read nothing else, read the paragraph below

I’ll go ahead and get something out of the way that may or may not come up as a question in the comments, and that’s my opinion on applicable positions as a whole. While I’m not exactly a fan of them, with my upcoming busy schedule I feel that Guild Leader is one of the few leadership positions I can safely represent on the server without issue as a lot of it is background work in my experience and I’m very good at distinguishing duties down the chain of command. Honesty is the best policy here, and while I’m not a fan of the overall mindset when it comes to absolute leadership, I am a person who enjoys the Guild and wants to see it strive to do better. I’m also by no means saying that I’m the perfect applicant, I’ve made mistakes before, even some that I’d probably bleach from the face history, but I also learn very easily from my mistakes and tend to approach things at a different angle if a single solution isn’t working.

Now onto the fluff

Put simply, while the Guild’s structure isn’t broken by any means, it still needs that strong representation that the Guild Leader has to offer. Bounty Hunter in my eyes is the best faction that the server gives upon purchase of VIP just for the sheer amount of freedom it has to offer. 

Now, while I did say the Guild overall wasn’t broken, that doesn’t mean it’s lacking in problems. I’ll list them and provide a necessary solution that’ll benefit everyone involved.

“People only get on their Bounty Hunter to mess around and troll.”

This is the primary thing I want to address right away as I am even guilty of this at times. While I do think freeform RP should be something that remains in the Guild, allowing it to be an environment in which Republic players can go and chill out on, I do think that people who just pop on the Guild character, steal a LAAT, shoot missiles at the base and fly away have overall no place in the Guild. I want to emphasize that while not all actions require an RP reason for doing so, things like these that actively disrupt the server require some sort of means and motive behind it. 

Lately I’ve already been doing my part to cut this issue out with the rewriting of the rules/ROE and the introduction of the CIS mercenary that actually gives you the motive that you need to do more chaotic actions towards the Republic. Really, this is a problem that’s mostly going to be solved with vigilance. I plan to get more Marshals (Guild Rule Enforcers) that will be able to work around the clock when I can’t be on to see it happening. While I do, of course, believe in “quality over quantity”, since the BH guild has the potential to be especially large at times, the quantity will help maintain said quality. The first order of business will be filling up the leadership positions and getting something worked out for an increase in numbers. 

“There’s not enough evaluations being hosted.”

This is something I agree with and something I’ve already worked to mitigate. There was recently a new wave of Guild Recruiters that were promoted and as I’m writing this app, one of them has already recruited 7 new Hunters. I’m hoping to grab more, essentially the same solution as the last. 

“Bounty Hunters is a glorified excuse to RDM.”

This is also something that I want to crack down on. While neither side ever really handles in-character hostility well, I would like to take the initiative and handle it from a BH perspective. As a result, it’s the Bounty Hunter’s responsibility to be the better person as they directly represent the faction whether they like it or not. For a temporary solution, I could tighten up the rules on when it’s okay to actually kill someone, chiefly that on the BH side of ROE they need to follow the tenet of “kill by necessity”. Just because a clone is kicking you out of the base doesn’t mean you need to whip out your 90$ shotgun and unload on his test-tube face

Availability:

Mon-Thurs - 4PM-9PM (Can vary depending on the workday) 

Friday-Sun - All day

I’m starting university soon so if I come across any complications I’ll be as transparent about it as possible.

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:

Listed in experience, but I’d rather be judged for what I can do rather than what I have done. Here it is again.

Commander (CG)

Executive Officer (CG)

BCMD Fox (CG) x2

Guild Cabinet Member x2 (Before and after reorganization)

Guild Lieutenant

What do you feel the role of the Guild Leader is?:

Honestly, I see Guild Leader as more a hands-off approach to leadership similar to Yoda. The Guild Leader should be primarily the face of the Guild, someone who can actively represent it in trying times and otherwise. The GL runs an entire faction so a lot of his micromanaging should be delegated to his subordinates instead. The Guild Leader can make massive changes, but not without first consulting his own leadership. Essentially it’s a lot like the “democratic” system that many other leadership roles on the server enforce.

Do you have a microphone?:

Yep.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yep.

How do you plan to improve relations between the guild and the server?:

This… is admittedly a tricky one. The harsh truth about it all is that “good relations” go both ways. Much of the issues I’ve listed in the “Why” question have solutions that could ultimately help this, but my primary goal is to get Republic players in a position where they’re more open to Bounty Hunters. This won’t work without cooperation, cooperation that I’ll personally need to create myself by talking to the BCMD+’s and getting the general consensus of the Guild and making necessary compromises to help everyone be comfortable and not just immediately assuming that BH’s are going to use their role as an excuse to RDM. 

It’s all a group effort and it’ll be the main focus for the majority of my term, I can only hope that the rest of the server’s leadership will be onboard with this journey.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term?:

Yes.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 3

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

Easy +1 

• Agree 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Forum Admin

+1.  Ratio is dedicated to everything he's in. I trust him to lead BHs in the correct direction

• Friendly 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1 you are one of the few people that actually care about bounty hunter. You also promote any type of roleplay when it comes to Bounty Hunter. You have plans and good intentions. 

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

Easy +1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

Forum Admin

+1, good luck

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1 Ratio is super dedicated to BH and is a great leader! Good luck Ratio!

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

+1, LETS GO THE BLACK HOLE BIKER BOYS ARE COMING TO TOWN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Funny 1
  • Friendly 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

+1 Good roleplayer, innovative. Good luck

• Friendly 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1, you care about it more than anyone else on the server and you seem to 'ave the leadership ability to back it

Exactly the sort of leader the Bounty Hunters deserve

Edited by Comics

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Head Admin

+1, good luck Ratio

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

+1 if ratio gets it I’ll play on my Bh more 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

I’m curious on one big aspect, how do you plan to make life easier for bounty hunters that want to be more republic sided. Well I on my bounty hunter havnt been 100% pure their have been many times I’ve reached out and even done actions helping the repuvlic, only to be met by being asked for my base pass every ten steps as well as just being generally treated poorly in roleplay despite showing no hostility at the time and it kinda makes it very difficult to want to keep coming back on base. 

Edited by Conrad

spacer.pngspacer.png

8 hours ago, Conrad said:

I’m curious on one big aspect, how do you plan to make life easier for bounty hunters that want to be more republic sided. Well I on my bounty hunter havnt been 100% pure their have been many times I’ve reached out and even done actions helping the repuvlic, only to be met by being asked for my base pass every ten steps as well as just being generally treated poorly in roleplay despite showing no hostility at the time and it kinda makes it very difficult to want to keep coming back on base. 

This may not be the response you want to hear, but a lot of it stems from what you do as a Republic Mercenary. And even then some people are still going to act abrasive regardless. Jad was the first person to use the Friendly Mercenary whitelist, but I was the first person to actually buy it and go through due processing to really be recognized as an ally on the base. Even then, one of my first experiences was being followed around by a confused Sergeant who screamed at the top of his lungs when I told him I didn't need to show a base pass.

The best way to go about it I think is to keep Republic Leadership informed on who's not going to try and shoot you in the back. The community tends to take things at face value so I think communication is in order. We already have the "base permit" system that you can use to be allowed on-base for an extended period of time and that's given out by Republic Leadership. Something I could do is lower the requirements for this because it's currently only usable by Regimental Commander and above when the place it actually stems from allows CMD+ people to join. Commanders in my experience seem a bit more grounded with the lower ranks because their busy work almost always seems to be on the field. If a CMD can allow base permits then his subordinates will look at you with a bit more respect because he can tell them (either in-game or in TS) "Leave him alone, he's on our side".

For now, here's what you can do if you're interested in becoming a Republic Mercenary:

1. Use the Friendly Merc job. Job RP sucks, but again, people take things at face value.
2. Save your more neutral/hostile actions for one of your "aliases". It's a system we have in place that you can use to create multiple characters and not get RP repercussions on your primary one.
3. Contact a BCMD+ and set up a partnership/contract with them. This will also give you the Republic Mercenary contracting benefits.
4. Secure said partnership and get your base permit set up by a Regimental Commander. A lot of the RCMDs are chill and don't mind doing this for you.
5. Keep your conduct in-check. Seems like a repeat of #2 in a sense, but ultimately your actions are going to determine how they're going to treat you. Once I can work on the BH reputation a bit, this may be easier, but until then this is the best way to stand out in a system where everyone thinks you're going to RDM them.

I hope this helps, bud. If you want to talk about this in more detail, even if I'm not on the sever, I'm always available in Discord/TS.

Edited by Ratio
poor wording

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

13 minutes ago, Ratio said:

We already have the "base permit" system that you can use to be allowed on-base for an extended period of time and that's given out by Republic Leadership. Something I could do is lower the requirements for this because it's currently only usable by Regimental Commander and above when the place it actually stems from allows CMD+ people to join.

This is the kinda thing i was looking for. Love the idea of lowering the requirements and making getting your foot in the door easier.
+1

• Friendly 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

You've been the go-to for guild matters for me for a long time, honestly in my head you're already the face of the guild and I think making it official and ensuring that you can get done everything you want to get done is definitely something work doing. +1

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

I did things for the server. idk what you want from me.

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management