Add ranks back for progression

Name: Bitter

RP Rank: BCMD

Suggestion: Currently the rank structure has allowed for people to stagnate in either SNCO or low officer ranks. As a BCMD one of the main struggles with the new structure is rewarding players for helping and playing the game. Work is a requirement for any of the ranks, problems with rewarding that work without over promoting and putting yourself into a corner is basically impossible. 

I think the best way to continue to reward good work, activity and allowing for better seeing progression is adding back a few ranks for this purpose. 

I have heard and have two ideas on the best way for this to help.

Bring back two NCO Ranks and 1 Officer ranks
This would even out the differences between the two as the current list looks like this

Major
Captain
LT
WO

SGM
SFC
Sergeant

The NCO ranks only have 3 ranks to rank work and to reward activity and prepare them for Officer Positions
This is the adjusted list to allow for more flexibility and time negate stagnation in ranks
Idea 1: 

2 Commanders
Colonel
Major
Captain
LT
WO

SGM
1SG
SFC
SSG
Sergeant

The other way that it could be reordered is by adding 1 officer rank and 1 NCO rank and 1 additional commander slot
Idea 2

3 Commanders
Colonel
Major
Captain
LT
WO

SGM
SFC
SSG
Sergeant

Implementation: Changes to backend things like MCS

Lore: More Army Lore!

Edited by Bitter
  • Winner 1

spacer.png

I prefer idea 1 +1

• Agree 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1

I don't know why it was changed but it now feels you move through the ranks way too fast and too easily.

NCOs don't necessarily get the time to be ready for officer as they may get promoted to quickly, resulting in battalions become top heavy with high ranked NCOs waiting for promotions (this is not a general problem, but can occur as I have had to deal with it in the past.)

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

+1 Idea 1 is better tbh

People play to progress, being promoted is something they want to achieve, having more ranks would not only allow people to have more milestones before becoming an officer but also making them feel appreciated more for the work they do for the battalion

• Agree 1

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

+1 100% I don't know why we gutted the NCO Ranks so much and Like Gadget said battalion's can easily become to top heavy because of how little NCO ranks there are.

spacer.png

Current:  Nothing                                                                                                                                                                        

Former: 104th BCMD Wolffe | 212th GCO ARFL Switchblade | 501st ARCO CPT Sina | Knight Etain Tur-Mukan  | Alpha-98 Nate 

+1 idea 1 is best option

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

look when the ranks were changed i always thought it was less of a trim and more of the cow is now anorexic. i feel although not everyone plays for progression majority of people do because it makes them feel great that they have earned something. obviously with smaller ranks you have to do more to earn them but i think it feels better when your getting promoted to filler ranks otherwise some people can feel trapped. sorry if my wording is a bit fucked but i hope my point is set across. +1 im a fan of the second and first options

Certified Femboy!!
Current Positions: Jedi KU Elder Master Simms| Former Friendly Neighborhood Yoda

4 hours ago, Mavelle said:

I uh... I can't be the only person that just didn't view ranks as progression when I played, right? It's a -1 from me just because I've never understood the "progression" thing when it comes to ranks.

Yup. This need not be an issue if battalions find other fun and more creative ways to reward people who put in good time and effort. Battalions rush people up the enlisted ranks to get them up to NCO, which sets a standard of being promoted quickly. Slow the rate of promotion and set the expectation that it might take a while to get promoted, but it is a much bigger deal to go up each rank. Add things that troopers gain the opportunity to do at each rank, e.g., only be able to join a specialization at SPC and join a subunit at SGT. Add responsibilities for each rank of NCO or Officer to make them more separate, and ensure people fully understand those responsibilities and can do them reliably before moving them up. Give a lot more responsibilities to SGM, WO, and LT to make them something that has good meaning, and then have battalions ensure their CPTs and MAJs are doing their jobs. Take those higher up officers out of positions like HVYL or MEDL and give those positions to the lower ranks, as that is a great opportunity for advancement and satisfaction without necessarily moving them up in regular rank. Add REGO and subunit XO positions for those Officers. Utilize the ability to have trainer leads such as NEGL. Subunit, specialization, and other types of promos can be done in DB now, so use them to the best of your ability to give people room to advance without being forced to rush them up the rank structure!

• Winner 4

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

I Will be honest i never respond to forum posts but this one caught my attention, If HC decided to go in on this request i would assume they prefer idea 1 same like other that have posted here.
But i also have to Agree with Keegan People Rush they Enlisted to an NCO position and NCO to an Officer Position without having any other backup in order to reward you people in their battalion, For example some Battalions in the past maybe currently also [idk not confirming anything] some may still have that Only Officers can become Branch Leads within their battalion why not give an NCO the Upertunity to lead and Branch so they can show possible Leadersnap, Initiative and most important Responsibility. thats a way to reward your men other is Promoting RP or Activity by ingame creditsit doesnt have to be difficult it can be rather simple.

Anyway Overall my +1 is on idea 1 but also take what i said into consideration.

I am going to +1 this, when joining a server for the first ever time, people have that insane rush of being promoted 2 times in 1 day, because these ranks are "sought after" now, its way less likely, that people will get promoted on their first day, and they won't have that excitement.

Future Adult!

Head Admin

+1, first idea

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

Huge +1 for the first idea. There should always be more NCO's than officer and people like the grind and satisfaction of being told "hey you have done great work in the battalion its time for you to ascend to the next level of being" and also who even liked the MSG rank anyway.

Former 327th Former DU Officer x2 Former 501st TC Last ATKO Former Blackout and Shortest JetFormer 41st GCD Cooker Former CIS Droideka Former 104th Wolpack Lead Warthog 212th GC Jedi Knight Siri Tachi 

"Certified Clover Crew Member"-Lucky IKEA Squad 2019-Omalic

+1 for Idea 1.

I've always said this but getting promoted does something in your brain psychologically that effects effort and care you have for individuals or battalions in general. When you get promoted you want to continue doing better, you want to continue growing because you want opportunities like Lore Characters and Officer positions. That is just a fact. However, what Keegan said is valid, even with Idea 1 being implemented we won't have all the old ranks like we used to so making sure battalions give those ranks things to do would prove vital for the battalion. Make people get promoted and with a promotion given more responsibility that way they can sit in their ranks longer and understand their true responsibilities for when that SGM gets promoted to WO or LT they are ready for those officer duties. I think more ranks and implementation of what Keegan said would be great, it would bring more productivity because there are not just 3 NCO ranks so Officers and BCMDs can promote within NCO a little longer and all that does is further ready the individual for when they get officer!

+1, i was on the server from a while ago, i think the old ranks were way better than these new ones. the old ones you had to work hard to get your rank, now you rank up to fast. i feel like people would stay on the server longer if they had a higher goal to get to.

• Dumb 1

Clone Army | 21st Sergeant | Keller's Unit | ARC Trooper | NCO Core
Jedi Order | Jedi Knight | Unaligned

spacer.png

+1 can naval have vice admiral back yet

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

Head Admin

+1 goated idea, as a CMD we need more ranks to have people at.

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

Major +1 from me for option 1

Current - Six-Ten

Longshot - Peel - GCO - GC - SupL - ArfL - HVYL - Oddball - Waxer - Boil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Systems Dev

This suggestion has been moved to REVIEW PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been accepted by the community vote or through Founder approval and a concept is being created by the development team)

• Friendly 1

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife

• 8 months later...