Training Server

Matt-Matthos

Name: Matt

RP Rank: Naval Commander/104th SGM/Jedi Commander/Knight

Suggestion: Add a training server

Implementation: Add a training server like the event server but this one will be for training's.

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

Other: This would benefit the GM program and the people doing the training's. Why, since now we can claim the event server and lets say a BCMD claims the event server for a 2 hour joint training. This will have the GM's wait and someone else could claim it. This would just make it easier so the GM's can get their server and the people doing training's can have their own.If theirs a training on the training server then a GM would oversee it.

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

I support this, however I think this will get shut down. The reason I said this is because the servers cost money and I doubt they want to drop more cash on a server just for trainings. With the Event server, it serve the purpose for “deployment “ and now trainings that was beyond the limits of main server. So let’s see what happens.

Edit: Huge +1 

-PUCK

Edited by Puck
4 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Maybe if it was limited to like 30-50 players

Idk it's a good idea but might not work out

+1 unless Founder's say why not

I would proabbly support this if it was max 30 players.

We don't want to devide the population between 3 different servers for the same server (Sounds wack just saying it) 

+1 However this is a little iffy. As it depends on how much it costs to host the server(Probably does not need to be on a strong box for it) also it depends on how frequent it is used. If its only being used like once every two days then this is a no needed cost for the server that could go to other developments of the server. I feel this would have to be closely monitored if it was added to see if it truly being used.

• Management
3 minutes ago, Chambers said:

I would proabbly support this if it was max 30 players.

We don't want to devide the population between 3 different servers for the same server (Sounds wack just saying it) 

To add onto this maybe it's something that to be used it must a) be approved by directors (Like huge ass trainings) and/or b) be given permission by High Command to go onto

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Don't extra servers cost money, when i first joined synergy i heard a thing like "we're lucky to h ave an extra server, it costs extra but at least we dont need to switch the entire map when doing a deployment"

Or something like that, since it's extra hosting. (Im probably just being a retard but its what i remember)

+1 anyway 

Edited by Scribbles

Isn’t that why the event server was cleared for doing trainings?

• Agree 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

1 minute ago, Dennis said:

Isn’t that why the event server was cleared for doing trainings?

yes.

With the way things are going now, there hasnt been conflicts with the ES and hosting trainings on it. Theres a system in place that people don't take advantage of and thats fine, but with how things are going right now I doubt this will be used a whole lot.

The event server system is fine at the moment tbh.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1 but allow SAs to change the training map because it’s hard enough getting VA+ consistent enough throughout the day/night to change maps (don’t get me wrong I understand why ES and main requirements are VA+) but it would be SO much easier to have it be SA+ because most battalions have an SA+ for vehicle spawning/dupe/props but getting the ES on the right map would be tough. 

• Agree 1

+1 this could open up a whole lot of different ideas for trainings in my eyes. Also this means that a training server could be used for building dupes if someone is busy with an event on the event server.

The only thing that I would recommend to this is having a global chat that links all three servers (probably VA+ can only use it). This would be used to broadcast about a deployment so that the GMs don't have to have runners announce an event in both servers.

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

We will probably end up restricting the server to only a few maps (Like 3) to prevent event server cross over ( event maps shouldn't be used for tradings to prevent repetition and map fatigue) and make sure it's used for its actual purpose

For different trainings so make sure you have some in mind that will work well.

• Agree 1

+1 I think the maps should be anaxes the ship and Flat grass. This way people can build for either map and place down large dupes and have lots of space.

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Banned

+1 Make it 30 players only and it sounds like a home run!

I don't know if this is even worth it, the event server is still unused a lot, maybe it could just be available to be used for training's, allow people and or specific battalions or even regiments to book out time slots to use the event server for training's throughout the week or whenever honestly. I get on plenty of times and the event server is empty. I feel instead of creating a whole new server just for training's even though it wouldn't be the most difficult thing. It is just an extra use of resources when there's already so many things being worked on at this current time. 

7 hours ago, Chambers said:

We will probably end up restricting the server to only a few maps (Like 3) to prevent event server cross over ( event maps shouldn't be used for tradings to prevent repetition and map fatigue) and make sure it's used for its actual purpose

For different trainings so make sure you have some in mind that will work well.

Perhaps the Star Wars Universe map because it has multiple maps in itself 

5 hours ago, Dennis said:

+1 I think the maps should be anaxes the ship and Flat grass. This way people can build for either map and place down large dupes and have lots of space.

I was thinking star war universe maybe but ya flat grass would be good and if theirs enough room it could be split in half for multiple training's.

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

+1 we need it there jave been so many times that i need to do a training or tryout and both aervera are busy where i cant and this will help me and other pilots out alot

• Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)

+1 It'd be great to have for server wide trainings like pilot and ARC. For ARC, it'd, make it seem like an actual training since you have all these spaces to work with, compared to limited ones when using CSR and SHB, which are still large build areas, just not large enough to make ARC trainings reach their full potential. Same thing with pilot. 

On 2/23/2020 at 5:00 PM, Clutch said:

Could benefit knight trials greatly but maybe like put a rank limit to be able to claim the server for training like COL+ Master+? But overall +1

I don’t think that would go well for sub branches like pilot and arc stuff it other than that,

+UNO Make Pilot Trainings Easier Again

Edited by mman2788

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

+1 Would be a useful asset, given its nature it would be used as and set up for two battalions at a time, using some sort of schedule for the different times of the day say: 1400 to 1600 Rancor and 501st Possess the server for training and the following 1600 to 1800 Gm and SOBDE possess the server for their various training's. with a 60-65 server limit so that a full battalion will be able to join for a designated time of training. These training's of course could be scheduled a day to two days in advance if need be, and giving the responsibility of handing the schedule to a mid level staff with the ability to remain unbiased to whom he or she gives  the training times to. 

Again +1, I do like this idea.

+1 amazing idea and saves us from reserving the event server unless it’s a event type training which is large scale.

the one thing I do have to say is that the event server is still very much unused at times

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

+1 reduce lag on main 

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1 

I can't tell you how useful it would be to have a server that a battalion can use for large scale trainings or a Gamemaster can use to test particularly large dupes. Hell, this would be extremely useful for 21st to host our GMACTs, and our CWW training. (Cold Weather Warfare).

It can even possibly be used for ARC selections or SOBDE tryouts because the ability to be on a server with low pop opens up many possibilities.

As stated previously, the server slots should be a maximum of 50 (Or 30) and the server shouldn't be public (to reduce risk of minges flooding it.) It should be assessable by the synergy start menu only, but that's just my 2 cents.

• Agree 1

+1 Support

Since most trainings on the server tend to involve no more than 30 or even 20 people at a time, a small server with max pop of 20 or 30 would not be too taxing, would keep laggy trainings off of main, allow GMs to have their event server back, and would allow special touches to trainings that you couldn't get on main.

The guy who got drunk and pretended to be a vacuum for an hour

Head Admin
On 2/23/2020 at 3:03 AM, Marvel said:

To add onto this maybe it's something that to be used it must a) be approved by directors (Like huge ass trainings) and/or b) be given permission by High Command to go onto

I'd say Directors rather than HC :) 

Also +1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Founder
Founder

You guys should speak with the server directors in order to figure out a scheduling/claiming system of the event server. I suggest making it that there are certain days of a week (not all because that leaves less room for events) that you can sign up to claim the event server for a training. You can also make it so you need to sign up in advance (not whenever you feel like) so that you will not run into a problem of a staff member trying to do an event at the same time as your training due to the fact that they can see the sheet and when the training is/work around it. (this is really easy for someone to make on a good sheet or google calendar) 

Opening a third server is completely unnecessary

- Suggestion is going to be denied -

• Founder
Founder

Denied