[DIRECTORS] Order 66

Sock Monkey

Name: Sock Monkey

RP Rank: Commander

Suggestion: Remove the "can't refer to order 66" in OOC rule 

Implementation: Remove the rule

Lore: --

Workshop content if applicable: --
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Other:

This rule is stupid...

1st, the obvious reason, OOC literally means out of character, we should be able to talk about whatever we want, we can talk about the original trilogy in ooc we can talk about the sequels in ooc and we can talk about literally everything else referring to starwars, so why cant we talk about order 66??? 

2nd, we've literally done several order 66 events, imagine being like "/ooc yo that order 66 event was super dope and fun" then getting banned for a week???????

3rd, we can talk about like the holocaust and shit in ooc..... order 66 is not that bad lol?

Overall it just seems like an extremely unnecessary rule that leads to pointless bans

( THIS IS NOT IMPLYING THAT REFERENCING ORDER 66 INGAME SHOULD BE ALLOWED IC, THAT WOULD STILL BE FAILRP) 

• Agree 1
  • Winner 6

:)

Banned

Tbh, I've always wondered why it's not allowed. I see no logical reasoning. It's something from the movie...in OOC. It hurts no one, and no one cares except for staff who are told to not allow that. Which can easily change. Just make it strictly AOSable, or bannable if you really are so hungry to ban, IC wise. OOC wise is super dumb.

+1

Edited by Jayarr

+1 

Its time for that rule to go, its been so long and so useless.

Retired:  OG of Synergy | Head Admin | Game Master Chief | Senior Attack and Defense Brigade Commander | #FirstCommanderAppToBeAcceptedOnTheForums.

Banned

Retardo rule. +1 

r4ymo.gif

+1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1 The argument that a new CT would be confused is rather on the extreme side, anyone that would do it is most likely a minge. We shouldn't ban stuff like this on the server for < 1% chance of a problem arising.

1 hour ago, Arroyo said:

If you’re giving negative feedback, you should give a reason so you don’t look like a h8r

• Agree 3

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Ir remember a buddy of mine got banned for a week because he was drunk on the server in down time and said Order 66 in OOC. 

Still have it for Comms and in game but not OOC

+1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Banned

Neutral im not againist but good luck!

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

16 minutes ago, Carter said:

Pretty sure we had a suggestion go through not too long ago where Order 66 was warn not to say it and only punish if it was  maliciously being said. IE keep saying in OOC/Advert over and over?

Does anyone else remember this?

Lmao I remember that. I was staff during those times and that drama 

24 minutes ago, Carter said:

Pretty sure we had a suggestion go through not too long ago where Order 66 was warn not to say it and only punish if it was  maliciously being said. IE keep saying in OOC/Advert over and over?

Does anyone else remember this?

Not only that but I believe it falls under common sense, likewise for most rules if rules are broken without knowledge they shouldn't be insta punishable

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

Interesting, where does the origin on the rule actually come from, Obviously in character we can't have people talking about it because its failRP but OOC? is there any reasoning what so ever? 
+1

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

1 minute ago, Nade Jones said:

Interesting, where does the origin on the rule actually come from, Obviously in character we can't have people talking about it because its failRP but OOC? is there any reasoning what so ever? 
+1

Probs IFN

• Agree 1

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

+1 Doesn't even make sense for clones to get in trouble in character if we are going by legends, since it's part of a series of contingency orders that every clone knows from flash training. Specifically Order 66 is a contingency order to remove the Jedi from power in the attempt of a coup, In lore they don't get in deep shit because they know of Order 66, since every clone knows what the order is, they get in shit because they know how the chancellor plans to use the contingency order. It's never made sense to be a rule even from a lore standpoint, and it's always been super stupid that you can be punished because of saying something so simple in ooc, even if it is part of a legitimate conversation. And to anyone who would argue about it in character, the authorization for the order can only come from the chancellor.

Edited by Snow

Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore - "Pressure makes diamonds, Ease makes decay"

2 time Rancor BCMD, 3 time Commander Havoc

+1 I remember once I was saying in ooc about how awesome Wolffe was for surviving order 66 and I almost got beaned for it. Just ban ppl that intentionally advert or comms or spam order 66 instead of banning people for saying it in ooc. 

Like literally its a dumb rule. And rules like this discourage people from playing on the server. Remember, we're Synergy. Not IceFuse. We actually give a shit about our players.

Edited by GM-3022 Havok

Unfortunately, this has been denied, we have discussed it and felt that if we were to allow it, people would minge the fuck out of it. 

Banning people for saying Order 66 out of a whim is not what is supposed to happen as well, so if you see it, report it to an HA+ ASAP. It should start off with a simple warning before it gets even close to escalating to something like that.

We have also decided on lowering the ban from 7 days to 3 days since we felt like 7 days was too much for this rule.

A good reason why someone should be banned for this reason is ONLY if it were to be obviously malicious.

If a staff bans someone referring to that with an unmalicious standpoint, that is a big no-no.

// moved to "Denied"

• Agree 2