New Senate Commando Models

Finn

Name: Finn/Shenzo

RP Rank: Senate Captain

Suggestion: Update the Senate Commando models to the linked pack

Implementation: Update the models

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2563694014 (Or talk with Jayarr for the 12mb compressed version)

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change:
Only thing changing would be the models. Kit/Desc/Slots would stay the same

Model:
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons:
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Other: Willy gave me permission to make this suggestion (not sure if it's needed or not).

Edited by Finn

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

+1 those look sexy as fuck 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

+1 I'd appreciate these over the current. The ones we have now look a bit rough and if they're going to be a more regular thing for senate then I figure they should be represented decently.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

• Retired Founder

Just to point out a few things on the topic of senate commandos. (I spoke with Finn before he posted this and suggested he put it here for community feedback even after my points).

Senate Commandos were given to the Senators to be able to use outside of the normal use of them being able to be used as event jobs under the strict ruling that the Senate Commando is not to become a position in which a player on the server will use as their main character and Senate Commandos must only be online when Senators are and must follow what the Senator says and will not have a position of authority.

With the above being considered, please note the addon is 31mb for 3 models, is this worth the extra storage space on the server? @Finn

Good luck with the suggestion. :)

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3
Forum Admin

void

Edited by Guac

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

If senate commando's have a long term place on this server, this has to be a +1 from me. While not the biggest fan of senate commando's, the current models right now are just trash trash trash. These models look good, and are similar looking quality wise to our new trooper models. Because of that, and assuming they'll be around to stay I think they should try and match the direction the server is going in as best as possible.

I understand why people are -1ing, but think of it this way, do you want senate commando's to be standing out, and not because of unique designs, but because they have less pixels then my cars back up camera? I'd rather if we're gonna keep them, we keep them looking good instead of whatever the fucking atrocity they are now is.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Optimistic 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Banned

If y'all need the file size compressed, I'd be more then willing.

Edited by Jayarr
4 hours ago, Forseen said:

Just to point out a few things on the topic of senate commandos. (I spoke with Finn before he posted this and suggested he put it here for community feedback even after my points).

Senate Commandos were given to the Senators to be able to use outside of the normal use of them being able to be used as event jobs under the strict ruling that the Senate Commando is not to become a position in which a player on the server will use as their main character and Senate Commandos must only be online when Senators are and must follow what the Senator says and will not have a position of authority.

With the above being considered, please note the addon is 31mb for 3 models, is this worth the extra storage space on the server? @Finn

I didn't realize the file size was that large for what it's giving, but I'd still like to leave the suggestion up. Right now I feel like the interest has been trending upwards for SCs recently, and I think this will help that, without being too much of a detriment to the server. Of course, I totally understand if this gets denied for the reasons we talked about, or for the file size, but I think it's in the best interest to try and get these added.

j5VeS9D.jpg

6 hours ago, Forseen said:

is this worth the extra storage space on the server?

Yes :)

+1, the current models are beyond dog shit & the Commandos have a permanent place in the server. Why not give them these nice ones till they're, hopefully, brought to date with all the clone models

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

+1

Former: Tiplee, TC Ayar, Chief of Communications Coburn  (Assisted with creating ATC)                                                                               
Current: 41stEC Knight Lydus, 104th SSG Focus, Rper of the Week

Banned

So, in removing one of the models that was the most troublesome (the one with the cape), and having compressed the materials, the pack as a whole will sit at 12mb instead of 30mb.
Still a little hefty, but if you want the model to not look like a 1990's video game, this is as good as it gets. Images provided below

SulYuop.pngaVFMLoi.png

And a video for anyone interested:
https://i.gyazo.com/0b56d0c709c102ee43f09b3dda75f53d.mp4

Edited by Jayarr
  • Winner 2

+1

I think uniformity matters on the server.  I personally can't wait until everyone's models look similar in the sense of the new TC13 base.  It'll be a refreshing look on the rest of the battalions waiting to acquire the new looks as well as the Senate Commandos.  

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

12 hours ago, Jayarr said:

So, in removing one of the models that was the most troublesome (the one with the cape), and having compressed the materials, the pack as a whole will sit at 12mb instead of 30mb.
Still a little hefty, but if you want the model to not look like a 1990's video game, this is as good as it gets. Images provided below

SulYuop.pngaVFMLoi.png

And a video for anyone interested:
https://i.gyazo.com/0b56d0c709c102ee43f09b3dda75f53d.mp4

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

j5VeS9D.jpg

SO yea these look like some playdough dog tc13 or not they look kinda shit IMO

-1 also senate commands are cringe

• Confused 1
  • Dumb 2

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Forum Admin
On 11/5/2021 at 5:47 PM, Dennis said:

SO yea these look like some playdough dog tc13 or not they look kinda shit IMO

-1 also senate commands are cringe

Screenshot_302.png
Screenshot_303.png

:PepoThink:

+1!!!!

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2
  • Dumb 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

11 hours ago, Comics said:

and the current ones don't?

Senate who, aren’t they an extra meme job who gives a fuck. I’d rather see the variety they get now then these two low res copy paste

10 hours ago, Guac said:

Screenshot_302.png
Screenshot_303.png

:PepoThink:

+1!!!!

Ok Kal ! 

• Confused 2

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

On 10/28/2021 at 5:21 AM, Forseen said:

So +1?

• Agree 1

spacer.png

Forum Admin
2 hours ago, Dennis said:

Senate who, aren’t they an extra meme job who gives a fuck. I’d rather see the variety they get now then these two low res copy paste

I think its pretty shitty that an HA's (high staff mind you) sentiment towards an entire group of people is calling them a "meme job", going on to say "who gives a fuck". I personally haven't considered any group on the server (except maybe CIS) as a "meme job" and I hope no one felt hurt by that statement.

These models aren't low res by any means, they fit into the model base we are using. Not to mention the current ones look like they are made with a combination of Microsoft paint and the blur tool in photoshop. This is a substantially better alternative to what we have now.

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

Ok Kal ! 

I chuckled

• Dumb 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

6 hours ago, Dennis said:

I’d rather see the variety they get now then these two low res copy paste

I'm open to any suggestions on different models if you have any. The ones in the suggestion were chosen because they use the same base pack as the current new trooper models, so the general design would be the same. 

As far as variety, the current models don't really have that much. there's a few things like kamas and visors, but overall I'm willing to sacrifice the customization in favor of higher quality.

j5VeS9D.jpg

• 1 month later...
Forum Admin

Pending

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

• 3 weeks later...