Fyi's Commander Cody Application

Fyi

Steam Name:  Fyi I Like Pie

RP Name: 212th REGL XO Fyi        

RP Rank: Executive Officer        

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43977309        

Battalion or squad you are applying for: 212th Commander Cody      

Experience:

212th PVT - 1stLT (December 25th, 2018 - September 8th, 2019)

When I first joined the server with some friends, I ended up settling down in the 212th. This is where I learned the basics of the server, and how to lead in groups. When I became MSG, I tried out for Ghost Company,  and achieved the name of Reed, a named position. I also became an ARF trooper on Endor after receiving the needed trainings, and eventually became ARFL of the battalion. Becoming these positions helped me understand how to do document work, as well as leading people to achieve the same things I had. After having some hardware issues with my computer, I was forced to take a long LOA after achieving the rank of Warrant Officer. After my LOA, I came back and decided to take a break from 212th. Some of the people that really stuck with me were Juicy, Shake, Bro and Valor. 

Delta Squad Fixer and Boss (September 8th, 2019 - January 20th, 2020)

After countless attempts on SOBDE, I finally passed tryouts and was given the rank of Fixer. My squad at the time was Agent, Cabrera and Scream. Joining an entirely different environment on the server was really refreshing for me, and I spent most of my time RPing with other members of SOBDE in the server. A lot of people have a sort of negative look at SOBDE and their methods because of how they present themselves, a sort of higher being within the server, but I understood why. The people in SOBDE were the hardest working people I’d had the pleasure of working with. Once Agent’s term as Boss was up, I decided to run for it, and with the support of the rest of the regiments, I was given the rank of Boss. I worked on filling my squad with newer people as to usher in a new generation of SOBDE, and worked with my XO (Cabrera) to change the documents a bit to suite the current needs of the squad. Near the end of my term, I applied for SOBDE Regimental Commander, but was denied for a number of reasons. Even so, the time I spent in SOBDE really taught me a lot, and I was ready to bring the knowledge I had back to my home, in the 212th.

212th MAJ - XO (January 20th, 2020 - Present)

When I resigned from SOBDE, I came back to 212th as a MAJ. I was determined to eventually get to a position that would be able to directly benefit the battalion in one way or another. I slowly but surely made my way up to Advanced Recon Overseer, which oversaw the antics of ARC, ARF and Ghost Company. Not much to say about this position, I oversaw the regiments and helped them with any trials they had or with whatever documents they needed. Under the Cody at the time, Jagger, I made my way up to the rank of LTC, and Jagger’s term came to an end. The last Cody, Alien, took the reigns and shortly afterward, I was given the rank of REGL, where I am today. Along with 212th intel, I’ve helped all of the regiments along in document work and made sure that all of the regiments have what they need to thrive. There were definitely some rough spots that myself and 212th High Command had to go through, but we fixed them to the best of our ability.

Non Clone Experience:

Sith Hopeful - Sith Lord (2019)

Even though most people remember Sith as a nuisance to the server, I actually had quite a lot of fun with it. SIth is where I learned that roleplaying a character can actually be the most enjoyable thing to do on SWRP. The RP that Sith did was unique, and even if everyone didn’t like it, I think the people that were directly involved will say that Sith was a great addition to the server before it was removed. Once the final Dark Lord (Chrome) was given his position, I was appointed as a Marauder Lord alongside people such as Apextank and Caboose. With help from the founders and the Wrath at the time (Kitty), we were able to usher in a new branch known as Carnage, which set the bar for the Brute branch in Jedi, which still exists today. I was the only person to ever achieve the rank of Carnage Lord before Sith was removed.

Base Ops PVT - 1SG (2019)

Although I don’t remember the actual date, I did join Base Ops at some point in 2019 with notable individuals such as Dennis, Carvis and Husky. I don’t remember much about it, but it gave me an appreciation for what Base Ops/Naval can do if done properly. Back on Endor, Base Ops were basically just glorified bellhops, but now, thanks to some excellent leadership, Naval is starting to pick up steam again. I hope it stays this way in the future.

Jedi Padawan - Knight Adept (2019 - 2020)

My stint as a Jedi was a short one, but I did accomplish a decent amount in the time that I decided to put towards it. I became Guardian and began doing some roleplay around the base, before finally joining a battalion, which happened to be 187th under the command of Sugga. I was recruited to that battalion by the one and only Nightmare, but just days later, Sugga had to resign and I no longer felt the need to play my Jedi much. Fast forward a bit, and I start taking Jedi a bit more seriously. I get the rank of Knight after finally passing Knight trials, and start to practice for Brute trials, because why wouldn’t I go back to my roots? I passed Brute trials first try, and eventually also became Brute Manager. Sadly, I grew a bit burnt out from Jedi, but I might return if I see a reason to in the future.

New Admin - Vet Admin (August 13th, 2019 - December 1st, 2019 / February 19th, 2020 - April ?)

When I applied for staff, I genuinely wanted to help the server. At the time, the server was at an all time low, and I just wanted to see what I could do to help out. The first time I applied for staff I made it to Admin, but I don’t count that as real experience because I don’t remember it all that well. Once I got staff for the second time is when I really started doing work. I became a TRO and busted my ass up to SA. A few weeks later, I was deemed worthy to become a Vet Admin. I was really hoping I would get HA at some point, and I felt I was ready for it. Unfortunately, I got beat out by other candidates and didn’t get the position. I was already sort of burnt out from the weeks and weeks of work, and this sort of felt like the final blow. To be honest, I didn’t feel the drive for staff anymore after that, so I put up my resignation. In February, I applied for staff again, but it wasn’t meant to be, as I had many other things on my plate like battalion stuff and IRL work. Being staff taught me a lot of things, like how to stay on top of quotas and methods to deal with minges or just difficult people, and I hope that one day I’ll come back and really make my mark as an HA.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

The 212th has always been my home. Ever since I joined the server with my friends, I saw the potential I could have within the battalion. I worked, dealt with some difficult people along the way, made some changes, and now I’m Executive Officer. I feel as if the battalion has been run very similarly for the last few terms, which isn’t a bad thing, but there’s definitely some things that I personally would change to give people a better experience. People who have been in the battalion for a while will tell you that Jagger’s term as Cody was excellent, probably one of the best terms for Cody that newer players have ever seen. One of the best things he did was put emphasis on Roleplay. I want to do the same, to some degree. Often in the 212th, people feel bogged down by things and feel as if coming onto the server is a burden. I want that to change by promoting RP within the battalion and showing off what the 212th has always been good at: numbers and camaraderie. I want people in the 212th to be proud to come onto the server and see their brothers in arms in comms, in private communications, prolific in their regimental work, and feeling like their a part of a well oiled machine. I’m gonna work with the officers and some other chosen individuals to get everything in order, and fix problems as they arise, not throw them on the back burner. If you’ve been in 212th, you’d know that often people don’t follow Chain of Command, and that’s another thing that I hope to fix. It’s not exactly a one and done kind of thing, but if people are constantly reminded of something, it will eventually become part of their routine when they have an issue.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:

Commander Cody was a Marshall Commander in charge of leading the 7th Sky Corp and the 212th Attack Battalion along with General Obi-Wan Kenobi. The 212th has 3 major sub units; Ghost Company, 2nd Airborne Company and Foxtrot Group. 

Ghost Company is led by Obi-Wan and Cody, and has notable individuals such as Waxer, Boil and Wooley. The Ghost Company troops are more attributed with the Battle of Ryloth and the Second Battle of Geonosis.

The 2nd Airborne Company were a paratrooper division of the 7th Sky Corp led by Sergeant Barlex. They are most known for assisting Omega Squad aboard the Core Conveyor enroute to Gaftikar. The 2ndAC don’t like commandos because of their Mandolorian training, because they had fought Mandolorians in previous battles, many of which had lots of casualties.

Foxtrot Group is a Republic Commando Squad led by RC-39 “Gregor”. The rest of Foxtrot Group besides Gregor were KIA in the Battle of Sarrish. When D-Squad became marooned on the planet of Abafar after a crash landing, they found Gregor working in a diner as a dishwasher. He had no memory of his previous life, but was reminded by Meebur Gascon of his rank and purpose. 

Availability:

Most days I will always be available to get on at least for a little while. I’m always available on Discord but to have an actual diagram:

Monday - 1pm - 12am

Tuesday - 1pm - 12am

Wednesday - 1pm - 12am

Thursday - 1pm - 12am

Friday - 1pm - 2am

Saturday -1pm - 2am

Sunday - 1pm- 12am

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:

I joined the server on December 25th of 2018, and have been playing ever since

Do you have a microphone?:

Of course.       

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:

Like I said above, I want the battalion to be more RP oriented, I want people to get their work done early in the week so they don’t have to worry about it later in the week. I want everyone to get along and for people who see issues in the battalion to voice their opinions without being afraid of receiving punishment. I want all the documents to be up to date and to have a good system of keeping track of changes made. Of course, I also want of our slots for out sub-units to be filled with capable individuals, and for the NCOs to be ready to take on whatever challenges it takes to eventually make it to officer. I also want officers to feel more elite than they actually are, and bring back 2ndLT+ to former glory within the battalion.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

I do.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:

I do.

• Winner 1

hi.

I wish the "-1 hehe +1" meme hadn't been driven into the ground, because it'd be a apt time to do it.

I've known you for years, and there are few people in the batallion I'd trust to run things. Glad to say you're one of them.

+1

Better go catch it!

• Funny 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

EDIT: 

I'll +1.

Seeing the answers to my questions and speaking to him privately,   I believe he does deserve a chance at least.  

I fully believe the problems we have is a team effort.   I'm staying neutral in the arguments and trying to not be bias in all of this.

Edited by Zensras
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1
  • Friendly 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

34 minutes ago, Comics said:

-1, I would call you the only real applicant but even that is stretching what you do within the 212th.

You've been in a senior Officer+ position within the battalion for a while and as far as I can tell you have done pretty much nothing. You spent so much time on experience you probably forgot you had to fill anything else. There is nothing to this application except you proudly showing off all you've done. 

There are hundreds of issues within 212th and you address none of them. I know we like to pretend everything is rosy gold but it really isn't and I hate the fact HC have done nothing to address it. Yes you are active but what do you do with all that time: Nothing at all. We have tonnes of unprepared CSMs, 68% activity throughout the battalion, you care about appearance over actual work, you don't do anything but blame all the issues on everyone below you, Senior officers have no job, NCOs don't understand how to do their job because they aren't taught properly, Ghost Company suffers heavily and many of the regiments aren't surviving but all you do is "@trooper do your regimental trainings". 

You said what you want to do but it's the most basic boring shit. You have no aspirations for the battalion which desperately. I don't wanna pretend like you'r ready for the position, You were barely ready for LTC but you're active so you give off the image we need to cover up all the issues. First action as XO was to request the colour of your tag to be changed for whatever reason, you were probably scared it was too similar to the Commander colour and god forbid you be an actual XO (BCMD when BCMD isn't on but CMD the rest of the time) instead of the 2nd BCMD all the time who always has to stand out and be special.

You only do things when there is pressure or a reminder from someone which is something no HC should be doing. You should know most of the issues and be ready to tackle them however you need to but you just leave it to an @trooper and that's it. I am definitely not the only person who notices this but I am going to be one of the first to actually say it publicly. Cody is an important job and a extremely hefty responsibility and someone who boasts about how sure they are they will get it ("We all know it's going to be me, come on") is not fit and will not be fit until they decide to step their ass into action and try to change anything.

I also remember the fact you were on watchlist for not dealing with any of the internal issues and drama within 212th. I kept getting targetted so instead of admitting the other people were wrong you told me off for getting harassed, real smooth.

How will you achieve any of those things because you haven't taken any steps to tackle them before, how will being cody change anything about how you do anything?

Also I see you wasted no time ensuring you got the position. From what I see you care more about what it does for you then what you can do for the battalion.

Appreciate the feedback, wish you would've come to me sooner but here we are.

First off, I'm a firm believer that experience speaks a lot about the person applying. You seem pretty adamant that I'm literally just applying for this position just to put another mark on my resume, but that's not the case. I'm applying for this position so that I can fix the issues that have been apparent within the battalion for quite a while. It's so frustrating when issues like Officers not doing anything and NCOs not being informed has, and will stay, not an immediate issue for high command. I brought up Chain of Command in my application, which we've both agreed is an issue within the battalion. Activity within the battalion is not something that a Commander, Senior Officer or even Officer can FORCE to happen. 1 person takes all the blame for the battalion's shortcomings, even though there are dozens of capable people who can do the things that you bring up. When it comes to regimental things, the job of the REGL is to make sure that regiments have everything they need to succeed, which I personally believe I have done. Whether or not a regiment is suffering is not up to me, work with your officers to fix the issues that you see. I can't wave a magic wand and fix all the issues. I need help from all the regiments who are willing to help themselves.

I do have aspirations for the battalion, but I'm willing to say more of what I actually want to do in my verbal interview, since it is easier for me to get my point across when talking face to face. My "first action" was to change the color to be the same as our other discord, for clarity's sake.

Yes, I do things when problems arise, that's the job of a commander. The battalion lacks self sufficiency and it's been showing for a while. I didn't do a bunch of changes because as a commander I just wanted to assist in Alien's vision, and help him with whatever he needed. If I do get the position, I can make the changes that I've wanted to make. It wasn't my job to go out of my way to change everything about the battalion.

If I was on watchlist, that's fine. I would rather be looked at and prove people wrong than pretend it doesn't exist. Also, you're not being targetted, you just happen to be at the center of controversy when problems DO arise. It's more difficult than you think to have to look at all sides of a situation and come up with a solution that keeps everyone happy.

I wasted no time getting this application up, yes. I write this application when Alien informed me he was stepping down. I want to get into the position as quick as possible to make the most of the time I have, I don't really see how posting an application quickly warrants a criticism.

I've addressed pretty much everything you said now, and I won't argue about it more on my application.

• Agree 3

hi.

10 minutes ago, Zensras said:

-1 for now.

I'ma be real with you,  I had plans on running against you considering what had happened over the past several weeks but that changed as soon as my IRL started running off the deep end.    I'm also aware I'm a glorified meme right now because of it,  but IRL comes first

So instead,  I have a few questions for you @Fyi:

1)   Some of the drama we been dealing with as of several weeks ago resulted in the leaving of several people within in the battalion and at worse the community.   I've seen ABSOLUTELY nothing from you to stop it at all as an XO.    This ranges from fights that had an legacy member come out and say that he could do whatever the fuck he wanted because "it's a right and not a privilege" to notable members constantly bullying a younger member to the point that he left the battalion.

It's a damn shame because Jagger/Tyennoch worked their asses off to stop all of this shit and then now we are having the same issues creep back up.   We used to be the leading example of the server as some of the coolest people around and now we went off the deep end.

Now that you're running for Cody,   How do you plan on resolving these issues?   Because what I've seen these incidents have been given the slide and are setting up a bad example of what is right and what is wrong.   

2)    Speaking about our documents,    We JUST had a revision of all of the documents because @Finn worked his ass off to get them in line with all of the others.   What more are you looking for?

3) What are your exact plans for our regiments?  Do be aware that focusing on regiments is a double-edged sword because you want to focus on your subunits as well.    We made this mistake with 2ndAC which resulted in it nearly getting removed because nobody wanted to take charge with it til Bro got it.

I'm sorry if you feel like "Why didn't you come to me and speak about this???",   but after dealing with a certain person who tried to demote people because they disagreed with him demoting @Finn over a joke about him getting triggered.

Personally,   I'm welcomed to speaking to you about all of this.   I want the same exact thing you do:   I want us to get back to the days of when we didn't have to deal with petty arguments and were often looked up to on the server. 

1) We did deal with that situation to the best of our ability. To some, it might not have been the right call, but all of High Command at that point determined that it was the right call (at the time).

I'm not gonna beat around the bush, if people have differences, there's no easy way of addressing every situation. Most of the time it's because of a petty difference in opinions and it just needs to be brought up between the 2 parties. I'm not gonna play big brother and come in and seperate a fight unless I absolutely have to. That's just the way I feel about it. People are GOING to disagree, it's a fact of life. The only thing I can do is analyze the situation and figure out what the fuck is going on and talk people down.

2) I brought up documents because Finn and I have been talking about a system for documents, it'll be a quick thing to make sure that all of our documents will stay up to date in our directory. That's really it. I understand we just did our documents again and obviously Finn did a great job, this will just be a method to keep everyone informed.

3) It's become apparent to me that regiments are a dodgy subject. Again, I can't force activity, the only thing I can do is point people in the right direction. Support is already off to a good start, and Advanced Recon just needs to focus on using the methods that make them special. That's a given. During events/trainings, people need to be utilized properly, that's not even a huge change, it's just a leadership thing.

Thanks for bringing stuff up, this is the kind of stuff that I wish would get brought up during Officer and NCO meetings, but it always seems like a chore.

I really hope people know that I don't do nothing.

• Informative 1

hi.

+1 I remember how happy you were when you got delta omegalul really cool guy and a really good leader.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1 I know how much FYI can work since being buds in SOBDE and friends. As long as he keeps his mind to it, and doesn’t stray away from his plans. I believe FYI could make a promising Cody. 

Former: Liaison

+1 has plenty of leadership experience and has showed before that he can get work done. There's also really no other choice to fill this position (that sounded like a back handed compliment). If Alien trusts you enough to leave the battalion in your arms so do I

So I have a question about you "Where do you want your battalion to be" section and the response given to Zensras:

5 hours ago, Fyi said:

I also want officers to feel more elite than they actually are

I see where you are going with this, but from what I have seen in the past. This leads to an "Elitist" complex or attitude, and generally makes some people think they got a fat c**k. If this were to happen. What would you do to counteract it? Or how with this be dealt with in it's early stages.

4 hours ago, Fyi said:

3) It's become apparent to me that regiments are a dodgy subject. Again, I can't force activity, the only thing I can do is point people in the right direction. Support is already off to a good start, and Advanced Recon just needs to focus on using the methods that make them special. That's a given. During events/trainings, people need to be utilized properly, that's not even a huge change, it's just a leadership thing.

This is a fair response. You can't enforce activity. But, if a regiment is inactive, and the leadership is inactive (just as an example all you keyboard warriors), what then? Would you wipe it and start new? Or what is your plan?

4 hours ago, Fyi said:

When it comes to regimental things, the job of the REGL is to make sure that regiments have everything they need to succeed, which I personally believe I have done. Whether or not a regiment is suffering is not up to me, work with your officers to fix the issues that you see. I can't wave a magic wand and fix all the issues. I need help from all the regiments who are willing to help themselves.

This quote is to back up my previous statement. This will be more criticism than a question FYI. (ba dun tss) As REGL, at least from the battalions I have been in, if a regiment is struggling, you look through all of your options as to how you can fix it. So in a way, it is up to you. Adding onto that, it is a statement that the REG officers aren't doing a whole lot, are inactive, or are struggling to find solutions. So you should work with them, wipe them, or any other option that you see fit. Sometimes regiments need drastic changes. And the Battalion as a whole is no different. The Question to this criticism is this: As BCMD, if Intel or Regiments or your Sub-Units are struggling, what is YOUR way of dealing with it? Will you step in and fix it? Or leave it to its own devices?

Last Question. I am going to hit you with the GAMER Question: As XO, what changes have you attempted to / did make to fix the issues you stated and were brought up by your peers?

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

16 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

So I have a question about you "Where do you want your battalion to be" section and the response given to Zensras:

I see where you are going with this, but from what I have seen in the past. This leads to an "Elitist" complex or attitude, and generally makes some people think they got a fat c**k. If this were to happen. What would you do to counteract it? Or how with this be dealt with in it's early stages.

This is a fair response. You can't enforce activity. But, if a regiment is inactive, and the leadership is inactive (just as an example all you keyboard warriors), what then? Would you wipe it and start new? Or what is your plan?

This quote is to back up my previous statement. This will be more criticism than a question FYI. (ba dun tss) As REGL, at least from the battalions I have been in, if a regiment is struggling, you look through all of your options as to how you can fix it. So in a way, it is up to you. Adding onto that, it is a statement that the REG officers aren't doing a whole lot, are inactive, or are struggling to find solutions. So you should work with them, wipe them, or any other option that you see fit. Sometimes regiments need drastic changes. And the Battalion as a whole is no different. The Question to this criticism is this: As BCMD, if Intel or Regiments or your Sub-Units are struggling, what is YOUR way of dealing with it? Will you step in and fix it? Or leave it to its own devices?

Last Question. I am going to hit you with the GAMER Question: As XO, what changes have you attempted to / did make to fix the issues you stated and were brought up by your peers?

1) About the "elite" officers thing, it's been brought up a few times in the past that officers feel like achieving 2ndLT just isn't as important as it used to be. That's mostly a thing exclusive to the 212th currently, it's hard to explain over text.

2) I've already looked at all of the regiments to see which ones need to be dealt with in some way. I have some ideas but I also don't want to give a 2d answer. Every situation is different, and if I can come to an agreement with a leader of a regiment then I will.

3) I obviously don't want regiments to die, I wouldn't be applying for Cody if I did. But at the same time, I also want others who are in the battalion to work towards fixing things as well. Being a BCMD is about using people who have signed up for officer ranks in regiments properly as well as making the right calls. I want people to notice issues themselves and work on fixing them WITH my help. Sure, being a BCMD means that I have to be hands on with everything, but I also don't want to be relied on for every single action, that's exactly how people get overwhelmed in positions and don't even complete their terms.

4) As XO, I mostly was tasked with my REGL duties, which I do admit that I have been slacking on checking on people recently. As a regiment in a week, the only task that they have that is unnegotiable is 1 training that involves 2 or more people within your regiment. I've attempted to keep people on track, and I constantly remind people that I'm always available if they have any questions or issues. Under Alien, that's what my job was, basically making sure that regiments weren't absolutely dying, but in terms of something that I can say was genuinely changed? I've appointed people to positions such as 2ndAC Commander and ARO/SUPO and oversaw their actions. To some, that might not be enough, but to others, that might be enough to allow those regiments to succeed.

Edited by Fyi

hi.

+1 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Forum Admin

+1, just pull activity and you'll be set

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1 Good luck and thanks for answering

• Friendly 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Before I give my support or not, I am curious any some things from the problems mention by some of the 212th Members currently.

Has any of these issues were first brought to you @Fyi ? 

Second If they were not brought to you, Were they big enough to notice, such as the legacy member issue?
And third, If there are major issues with his activity and or ability to take over, @Comics was this ever brought up to the previous BCMD before he left?

I did things for the server. idk what you want from me.

@Fyi I got some questions.

On 6/25/2020 at 10:08 PM, Fyi said:

I also want officers to feel more elite than they actually are, and bring back 2ndLT+ to former glory within the battalion.

How do you plan to do this without making people feel more elite than they are?

On 6/25/2020 at 11:43 PM, Fyi said:

If I do get the position, I can make the changes that I've wanted to make. It wasn't my job to go out of my way to change everything about the battalion.

Why did you not address this in your application? What changes do you want to make and how do you plan to tackle the problems? It is very important for every 212th to know what you want to do during your term and that is why this one of my questions.

+1 answered my questions . I hope to see a good change in the battalion and you might be able to do that. I didn't know FYI worked on some things since he has nog been transparent to officers when those things were being worked on in the past. We had a good talk about problems and possible solutions last night and that gave me hope.

Edited by Eagle
Changing it from neutral to smal +1

spacer.png

Damn bro this shit has more drama then my first MCMD application :DERPPERS:

”aCtIvItY iS iMpOrTaNt” head ass, it helps but it can’t be forced we all know the underlying issues with GMOD 

“tHe BaTtAlIoN hAs IsSuEs” head ass, how about instead of crying on the forums about how a person who is meant to help the BCMD and do as he is told isn’t doing enough when I’m going to be completely honest I saw little to nothing being done by the past BCMD’s. One mans past faults is not a currents as well. As the BCMD you have final say over eveything, allowing you to make the changes needed. 

Yes everything can’t be addressed or typed, the best thing he can do is his best, sure he lacks in certain things, but so does everyone else. Crying on the forums doesn’t help the battalion it only hurts it, so my advice cutie ask where your battalion can help you, but where you can help your battalion. 

+1 mad lad fix it before you get merged with DU and then renamed the 212th omegalul 

#DUis212th look it up or ask me about it 

ALSO please let’s keep this to feedback and questions, ok cool good job gamers. 

• Agree 5
  • Funny 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

The activity response is kinda dump in out current climate. With lockdown and everything getting people sick of Gmod and other games. So people won't be as active.

I have done some work with Fyi and the 212th, do sims with them recently. #21212.

You are a nice guy and you care foe your batt, obviously improve activity within the batt but that isn't too hard to sort out.

+1

#21212 #21stHonouryAttackBattConfirmedByFyi

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Head Admin

Allright @Fyi, I want some answers to a few questions I have for you. Please do not go off track and just answer these questions to the best of your ability, I am currently giving you a -1. Majorly due to certain comments I have seen posted on here regarding your recent achievments, work ethic and influence within the 212th. If you're able to change my mind, then I'll change my vote.

1) In the comments, and after talking to a few 212th members JO+ mostly, there seems to be issues in their eyes. These issues iclude the following one: SOs not having any sort of responsibilities making the jump from JO (2ndLT-CPT) to SO (MAJ-COL). Do you have any type of solution or ideas to implement them, and if you do, how are you going to implement this?

2) You activity. Now people mentioning "Activity is not that important". I totally disagree with this, sure you can do some stuff behind the scenes. But how is it gonna look if you're not in game, y'know what I'm saying? Now I checked your activity, and to my surprise as of 6/26/2020 @1:48 PM CEST you have 27.0h [Link] in the past two weeks. I figured LOA/ROA, but to my surprise your latest one was from 18/5/2020 - 25/05/2020.  [Link]. How can you guarantee you are going to have an active presence on the game server to interact, and play with your battalion members?

3) According to the comments, again, and some of the talks I've had, you have not been doing your job as 212th High Command. They believe you as REGL have not been able to distinguish the job between REGL and XO. How are you gonna tackle this as Battalion Commander if part of your battalion doesn't even believe you are doing your job as acting BCMD/XO?

oki thx 

• Agree 1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

9 hours ago, Eagle said:

@Fyi I got some questions.

How do you plan to do this without making people feel more elite than they are?

Why did you not address this in your application? What changes do you want to make and how do you plan to tackle the problems? It is very important for every 212th to know what you want to do during your term and that is why this one of my questions.

1) The system just needs to be changed. Obviously from what I've heard from people, the system is a bit flawed at the moment. People who achieve the rank of 2ndLT should be respected and it just doesn't seem that way currently. I need to talk with the rest of the Officers and see what we can do.

2) I talked to you last night about this but I actually do have lots of plans for the battalion. I didn't put a lot of those plans on here because it's difficult to put across everything I want to say in text format. Transparency between Officers/HC, Activity amongst Officers, Intel work, and many other issues that I guess I haven't seen yet. I don't want to keep the battalion in the dark on anything at all, really, but I also don't want problems to be inflated to look worse than they actually are. All that does is cause drama and tension.

4 hours ago, Rohan said:

Allright @Fyi, I want some answers to a few questions I have for you. Please do not go off track and just answer these questions to the best of your ability, I am currently giving you a -1. Majorly due to certain comments I have seen posted on here regarding your recent achievments, work ethic and influence within the 212th. If you're able to change my mind, then I'll change my vote.

1) In the comments, and after talking to a few 212th members JO+ mostly, there seems to be issues in their eyes. These issues iclude the following one: SOs not having any sort of responsibilities making the jump from JO (2ndLT-CPT) to SO (MAJ-COL). Do you have any type of solution or ideas to implement them, and if you do, how are you going to implement this?

2) You activity. Now people mentioning "Activity is not that important". I totally disagree with this, sure you can do some stuff behind the scenes. But how is it gonna look if you're not in game, y'know what I'm saying? Now I checked your activity, and to my surprise as of 6/26/2020 @1:48 PM CEST you have 27.0h [Link] in the past two weeks. I figured LOA/ROA, but to my surprise your latest one was from 18/5/2020 - 25/05/2020.  [Link]. How can you guarantee you are going to have an active presence on the game server to interact, and play with your battalion members?

3) According to the comments, again, and some of the talks I've had, you have not been doing your job as 212th High Command. They believe you as REGL have not been able to distinguish the job between REGL and XO. How are you gonna tackle this as Battalion Commander if part of your battalion doesn't even believe you are doing your job as acting BCMD/XO?

oki thx 

1) Currently the SOs of 212th are as follows: Gears (Yoda), Finn (Our Intel Director), Carson (Our Waxer and Ghost Company Commander), Zen (A long lasting important Officer to the 212th), Jake (Our current Gregor, and Prophet (A pivotal member of the 212th who I can't possibly see in any other positions. These people all have reasons why they made it to SO, without much fuss at all as to why they should be getting the position. They all deserved it, so the thought that the jump from JO to SO is steep hasn't really been thought of in a while. I can understand where that might come from, and that's definitely something I would have to talk with my Officers about, considering I rejoined 212th as a MAJ after leaving SOBDE. My best guess on how to address this issue would have to be something to do with Intel, but it's open for discussion with the Officers to see what they think.

2) I will admit, my activity has not been the best. I haven't been on the server as much as I should. This is due to low player counts not only on GMOD but in the 212th. Sure, I can sit AFK in our bunks waiting for people to get on to simulate activity on the server, because either way the hours are going to show up. I've always been excited to roleplay during events and trainings, and being Cody gives a whole new role to playing a character. It's a revered character, one that people would look at in lore and seriously respect. That's something that I want to try out. Lately, I've been getting on the server and I see a lot of people in Teamspeak, and then I get in game and see 4-5 people afk in our bunks. Obviously they need to be more engaged, and looking back on Jagger's term I noticed people actually got on when he was on so they could RP. That's what I want to accomplish, and that won't only hopefully raise numbers and activity of the battalion, but myself as well. I feel drive to play when the people around me do as well.

3) Contrary to popular belief, there isn't a manual that comes with being REGL or XO. I've been trying to do my best with the job, I'm not sitting back reaping the benefits. As REGL, I'm supposed to oversee regimental affairs and assist them in whatever they need if they want to make big changes or the like. I don't see where I'm not doing that? None of the regiments have asked me for help with anything, and I closely monitor our Regimental discord if anyone needs anything, and it's seldom. XO, from what I've seen, is a similar position. I oversee the battalion, if the people below me need assistance, I'm right there to help them. I would rather hear exactly what I'm doing wrong so I can try to fix it, just saying "you're doing a bad job" isn't going to help at all. If part of my battalion doesn't like what I do, then I don't know what to say. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I've also talked to others in the battalion who say that I'm doing just fine, so I don't know who to believe anymore.

• Winner 1

hi.

6 hours ago, Rohan said:

Gotta call this shit out real quick

2 hours a day of being on the server isn't considered active?

spacer.png

You're not supposed to live on the server. His activity isn't super fucking low, it's just not 8 hours a day 7 days a week.

• Funny 4

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

+1. He ok. IDK about inner battalion issues tho since not in the batt. MIght change mind after i talk to some 212th i know.

EDIT: After talking to some 212th i know my +1 is solid. Only heard good things.

Edited by conrad

spacer.pngspacer.png

-1 From what I’ve seen myself the Activity with 212th has been a hit or miss, and yeah like most people said before we’ve been in lockdown for months and that’s understandable but still, it seemed to be a thing months before still, so that excuse is somewhat reasonable but not at the Same time, And I want to hear from some members inside the battalion because no offense to you comics, but you’re not the most credible person when it comes to information due to the way you act negatively to everything, so I will either find out myself or just ask some buddies I know in 212th

• Disagree 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Piff said:

-1 From what I’ve seen myself the Activity with 212th has been a hit or miss, and yeah like most people said before we’ve been in lockdown for months and that’s understandable but still, it seemed to be a thing months before still, so that excuse is somewhat reasonable but not at the Same time, And I want to hear from some members inside the battalion because no offense to you comics, but you’re not the most credible person when it comes to information due to the way you act negatively to everything, so I will either find out myself or just ask some buddies I know in 212th

For the Activity part today, there were I'm gonna guess around 20 people on for a good while.. soo activity is doing great. Just not many EU Members

Edited by Life-
On 6/25/2020 at 4:08 PM, Fyi said:

I also want officers to feel more elite than they actually are, and bring back 2ndLT+ to former glory within the battalion.

Curious about this.

I feel like this will do more harm than good as it is likely that officers, when made out to seem elite, will become toxic and gain a feeling that they are better than the others and might abuse their power. I feel as though this is a negative thing and the officers should feel like equals to the average member so that normal troopers are able to approach and talk to officers without being afraid of them. I can assume that new members may be afraid of Officers if they appear to be extremely elite.

Other than that, I choose not to really make an input right now. Don't know how I feel about the application and stuff.

• Agree 2

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

5 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Curious about this.

I feel like this will do more harm than good as it is likely that officers, when made out to seem elite, will become toxic and gain a feeling that they are better than the others and might abuse their power. I feel as though this is a negative thing and the officers should feel like equals to the average member so that normal troopers are able to approach and talk to officers without being afraid of them. I can assume that new members may be afraid of Officers if they appear to be extremely elite.

Other than that, I choose not to really make an input right now. Don't know how I feel about the application and stuff.

I can understand why people would think this. The reason why I included this in the application is because I've had a few Junior officers come to me and they think that they aren't feeling as respected as they should be. The part where I want them to feel more elite than they are? Mostly a personal thing, I want officers to feel like the work they put in to finally achieve an Officer rank was worth it, and not just an empty responsibility.

The wording that I chose definitely makes it seem like I want officers to think they're a level above CSM and below, but that's not the case. I just want them to feel accomplished with the role they've been given.

Edited by Fyi

hi.

3 hours ago, Life- said:

For the Activity part today, there were I'm gonna guess around 20 people on for a good while.. soo activity is doing great. Just not many EU Members

Yeah might be that I was mostly on during EU times

• Agree 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

On 6/26/2020 at 8:15 PM, Finn said:

Gotta call this shit out real quick

2 hours a day of being on the server isn't considered active?

spacer.png

You're not supposed to live on the server. His activity isn't super fucking low, it's just not 8 hours a day 7 days a week.

No one is asking eight hours a day seven days a week but 2 hours is to low if you are to be running a battalion and setting as example for everyone under you as the commander its low enough for people to claim never to see you and claim your inactive and it would be enough for a commander report.

The Level of the responsibility you apply to undertake a certain level of hours should be expected

Generally activity corresponds with your role a PVT- MSG 2 hours is fine as  you generally don't have that much responsibility within the battalion 

1SG - CSM  I would say around 3 hours as if you are going for officer and trying to prove that you want to become a officer and leave 

Officer 4+ Hours at a bench line the battalion needs to feel confident that their leadership is easily accessible and that a good chunk of the CoC is there to make decision when they are needed it is a choice to become a officer and accept that responsibility and the expectations that come with it such as being active  if you want to play whenever you want and for pure fun and no responsibility then stay in the Sergant bracket no one would fault someone for that but they would fault someone who is going for a BCMD position which is basically putting your name up to a higher standard than everyone else in the battalion as you are going to be managing and running it and actively playing in game to Engauge your battalion

+1

Both of the people running for this are cute as hell and therefore I have no choice but to +1 them both.

Fyi you are a chad and my only request is that you play more Overwatch with me

Former Ordo Skirata

+1 for me, so far from what ive seen while ive been under you while you have been the Reg lead of 212th, ive liked what you have been doing so far and i can understand where ppl are coming from when it comes to activity. i feel like you will do good as cody and work hard while in the spot. good luck on this man.

On 6/28/2020 at 1:29 AM, Eclipse said:

Curious about this.

I feel like this will do more harm than good as it is likely that officers, when made out to seem elite, will become toxic and gain a feeling that they are better than the others and might abuse their power. I feel as though this is a negative thing and the officers should feel like equals to the average member so that normal troopers are able to approach and talk to officers without being afraid of them. 

Just gonna say. CG has it this way and it Works brilliantly, nobody is afraid of they officers, they are approachable but they will also step in when needed.

4 hours ago, Life- said:

Just gonna say. CG has it this way and it Works brilliantly, nobody is afraid of they officers, they are approachable but they will also step in when needed.

Is this coming from an Officer of CG or an NCO/Enlisted?

Former Ordo Skirata

+1 to this man. Too tired from lack of sleep to wrote full reasons why but he is got my +1.

BTW, is it just me, or does it feel like there are layers of salt under some of these posts? Knock it off. Keep this shit civilized. If you are posting on apps purely to cause drama, you can face punishment, just a heads up.

• Funny 1

The guy who got drunk and pretended to be a vacuum for an hour

So, remaining objective.

I haven't been here that much seeing you as XO so i cant comment on what ive heard from others so yeah, im going to comment on before hand and you when i first joined. 

Fyi, is an extremely dedicated guy who does care for the battalion and that is seen through many things, i saw you do a lot of things to revive certain regiments a while back and i believe this can be reciprocated with his time as BCMD. While i hear from others that you do not do much as XO, i cant comment as i haven't been here but i do see you constantly praise or scold the battalion's regiments as REGL and i see the regiments smash training some weeks and this is a good response do you being REGL. I know that as a person you are assertive, strong-willed and efficient and think you would be fitting for BCMD. 

If you do stick to your points that you make in your application, change things and fix this battalion then hats off. Good luck to both of youse. 

+1

Edited by MasonA
Used the wrong word lol

Discord: Mason#2710

You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview

Please contact one of the Server Directors to organize your interview before 07/10/2020 or your application will be DENIED

// Locked

// moved to Commander Applications - Pending

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.