Adding Venator Extensive into a rotation

Piff

Name: Piff

RP Rank: PVT

Suggestion: Adding Venator Extensive into a rotation with the current map

Implementation: Basically switching maps every 2 weeks or so or more

Lore: Venators were used by the republic 

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1257128301
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

So this map was optomized recently, so textures were changed, A lot of new stuff were added and like i said its WAYYYYYYYYY more optomized

Heres the change logs for it

But not to waste your time, Big changes are,

Textures were changed drastically

A seperatist frigate can be hyperspaced into the map and be used to attack the republic venator with turbolasers of course

New hyperspace planets

Useless parts of the map were removed

Theres a mess hall now too that replaced that giant empty room back on the older version

For the ones who were on the OG Map, There are now stairs to the third level of the CSR so you don't have to go all the way around where CSR use to be 

Jedi temple was changed a bit, That useless room where the holocron vault is gone

A lot of the shit that you could break before was fixed

DOORS OPEN BY THEIR SELVES HOLY FUCK

Here is a picture of the dreadnought that was added

spacer.pngspacer.png

Update: Jun 4 @ 12:41pm

v1.4b

- added nodegraph (npc pathfinding)
- added navmesh (nextbot)
- updated bridge mh hangaar door button skins
- updated bridge hyperspace jump button skins
- updated turbolift button skins

- fixed texture bug on lvl 3 (near sickbay)
- widened providence teleporters to allow bigger ships to be teleported
- fixed visual alarm lua running both on the server and for the clients (caused flickering over time)

- packed custom content into bsp instead of having all content along side the bsp

Discuss this update in the discussions section.

Update: May 31 @ 7:28pm

v1.4

General:
- map is now called rp_venator_extensive_v1_4
- a lot of optimization
- map now dependant on misc modelpack, venator modelpack and trilobites rogoue one pack
- added hdr notification if client runs the map in ldr mode
- optimized I/O to stop constant input spamming

Features:
- the whole ship was shifted to the side
- added providence class CIS ship that can jump in and out
- overhauled the way the turbolifts work
- removed functionality for left four Turbolasers
- alarm buttons work slightly different with more feedback
- Main Hangar Force fields are no longer solid
- added a forcefield to the top hagar doors
- overhauled the admin buttons
- blastdoor to dockingbay "tube" will only open when tube is extended
- added a button to toggle the forcefield for the floor bay door in the central big room
- bridge doors now open and close automatically
- venator now starts out in empty space rather than near coruscant
- lift doors now sound like starwars-y doors

Layout:
- level 5 lifts now exit into a seperate small hallway that connects the observation deck and misc empty room
- moved main hangar control into its own room
- moved floor bay door controls down one level
- added stairs in main hangar
- added stairs in big empty room near side hangar
- removed unneeded hallway near bunks
- made bunks bigger
- removed a couple bunks to make space for bigger bunks
- added a mess hall
- connected the two empty rooms (one is now the mess) with the hallway near lifts
- bridge was made slightly wider in second room (right after the main bridge)
- added a small room for the admin buttons

Visual:
- brightened up quite a few places around the map
- forcefields are now longer blue and dont have a visible plane anymore
- fixed an overly bright turbolaser model on the left side of the ship
- added some more light decals in empty room on deck 5
- added props here and there (also for cover)
- slightly lowered the windows overlooking the main hangar
- fixed shadow drop angle being negative (pointing upwards)
- updated the credit decal

(Excuse my grammer i is tired)

Edited by Piff
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

+1, Switching between two great maps would keep it fresh and interesting, I think 2 is the perfect number for this. You would have your version of Dupes for each and would just swap between the two as you go map to map. I think 2 weeks is a little short, but i love the idea of switching regularly.

• Agree 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

+1 Why not

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

Banned

My main problem is this don't see it getting accepted 

But the problem has been addressed so I am dumb

Edited by Jaydon
2 minutes ago, Jaydon said:

My main problem is this don't see it getting accepted 

This is before the update. As bunks are way bigger, new rooms and stuff, new rp for ships/pilots. 
I mean hey, if we don't try it out. we will never know. I was one that was never a fan of extensive because of the optimization but after playing on it recently in single player. Ive come to enjoy it.

+1 for me. Rotations are fun

Banned
1 minute ago, Marvel said:

The map has been updated and optimized since then

well if they addressed I see no harm then +1

2 minutes ago, DracoOdinson said:

-1 idk man its been denied many times and we why keep switching maps when we got a new base map 

Its suppose to be part of a rotation, not switching the map to be by itself, as well, it was denied mostly due to it not being optimized back in the day.

spacer.png

The main issue is that Joah made a decent point several community meetings ago that the server population drops every time we go to this map and there isn't enough sim rooms for people.  

"You people act like you want it, and then the server drops down to below 50.   So I guess people REALLY don't want it."  - Joah

If Joah REALLY wants to review this version and think about with other high staff  I'll +1 it  but I'm not holding out for this currently.

Edited by Zensras
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

7 minutes ago, DracoOdinson said:

-1 idk man its been denied many times and we why keep switching maps when we got a new base map 

I believe a lot of the issues are addressed here. A rotation makes logical sense, no battalions stayed in one place for too long, the ship can add to the RP of where we are going and what we are doing, maybe have Game Masters have a "BIG MAIN EVENT" that is hosted half way through our time on the ship. This could be the deployment and would add a lot of lore to the server and fuel a lot of RP. Giving people something to train and look forward to. Just an idea but i think it could be fun. Also a lot more optimized i'm getting mega frames and while that is in single player a couple hundred frames is impressive in Gmod.

spacer.pngspacer.png

6 minutes ago, conrad said:

I believe a lot of the issues are addressed here. A rotation makes logical sense, no battalions stayed in one place for too long, the ship can add to the RP of where we are going and what we are doing, maybe have Game Masters have a "BIG MAIN EVENT" that is hosted half way through our time on the ship. This could be the deployment and would add a lot of lore to the server and fuel a lot of RP. Giving people something to train and look forward to. Just an idea but i think it could be fun. Also a lot more optimized i'm getting mega frames and while that is in single player a couple hundred frames is impressive in Gmod.

Mate you say rp and lile no offence last time i saw a map change litteraly nothing changed in rp or anything all i really saw that changed is people remaking tryouts and shit just to go back to the base i like the map alot but you guys seem to really want a map change but from the past and from what i have seen nothing really changes when we get these rotations

Edited by DracoOdinson
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

+1 on this, honestly a map rotation would be cool, i feel like if we stay on the same map for to long it starts getting stale, and since the maps been optimised, why the hell not give it a try, it's worth seeing how the people react and see ehat we can do with it our RP on the maps. It all comes down to the players though honestly, if we can give some kickass RP that will make people wana RP its gonna be awsome! So a major +1 from me on this one.

+1 but didn’t joah say if we did map rotations he’d add 5th fleet? :monkaHmm:

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

7 minutes ago, DracoOdinson said:

Mate you say rp and lile no offence last time i saw a map change litteraly nothing changed in rp or anything all i really saw that changed is people remaking tryouts and shit just to go back to the base i like the map alot but you guys seem to really want a map change but from the past and from what i have seen nothing really changes when we get these rotations

Well first off, Were talking about the old Extensive, theres a lot more space for RP now with this new one and its updates, So you can't just keep saying Oh well back then this and that was like that, As well, many people already have dupes and shit for extensive, most of it is the same, so i don't see the issue with that, As well  many people avoided it due to the fact that you would crash a lot back on the older version of the map, I mean giving it a test run for a week or so wouldn't hurt anyone. Also i forgot to add that, Spaces for dupes and shit isn't much of a problem cause you can put them at the bottom of the map easily, thats how ARC Selections were done back in the day usually.

Edited by Piff

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, DracoOdinson said:

Well one big thing that i enjoyed on venators we don't get to do is build up to events. This alone makes them a lot more interesting and fun to me. So we can choose which planet we need to go to in the little planet selector on the venator. We fly their and CIS frigate is outside, WE battle them, board them, dog fight them, blow them up and then head to the planet surface for a deployment. I think personally that adds a lot to events unlike now where its just we go there we can't really fly a LAAT out or anything because we just crash. The base is cool and i enjoy it don't get me wrong, but switching between would be fun to me!

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Oh boy, the old venator suggestion

I'm going to +1 this one. Although we have just landed on Felucia, a rotation between base and fleet isn't that bad. And I'm sure the directors could even make the base rotation longer. 

Extensive was heavily optimized within it's latest update and I am even one to say, "Extensive is too large and too confusing". But, after the latest update, extra hallways were removed, and made it a lot less confusing for the general trooper to walk around. 

"A word from the Navy..."

Ah time for the bi monthly Venator suggestion. 

It looks nice so that’s kinda pog, update to the map is nice, however, is the server population gonna die? 
How long are we going to be there?
What other maps should we use?

also the RP gets kinda stale on main pretty fast IMO granted I’m an Endor kid, #BringBackEndor 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

How many times have there been a "Hey lets do rotation" suggestion NGL we do it properly like one time and then everyone just doesn't want to do it anymore 
I'll +1 it but jesus

So Basically ANIME

spacer.png

Forum Admin

+1 to map rotations but will. It work idk. Like Joah said player pop dropped a lot 

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1 I would Love to have this map back, problem is, is the rotation. If im not mistaken a HA needs to switch the map and that could be problematic, not cuz activity but the willingness to do it. I miss this map, map i came into this RP on

Been here for ages, practically done and seen everything.

I along with many others love the Venator because it was home to most of my achievements, however do you really believe people will actually enjoy this content wise? 

Tell me Game Masters, do you have events planned around a venator other then a flight battle ending in a republic victory? or even an invasion of cis forces bum rushing the base to save some dude in the IR? I’m not saying you all lack creativity but we’ve been here done that countless of times, I want to see fresh ideas and you really only get that from new maps, not old ones. I will +1 for the sole reason that I love the map, but I do kinda want a discussion thread around my response to see what game masters could have planned.

+1 When did rotations in the past it was when sith were around and they helped cause their own conflict with their existence on the ship which strained it. Then the next time it was to a map which not many people wanted to go to and didn't really end up liking so that didn't last.

Only issue I see now is with bounty hunters and how the will function

The map is busted on the event server, It looks good other than the missing textures. So +1 send it. As well as there can be a lot of events with a CIS ship as there is another map part

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

2 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

+1 When did rotations in the past it was when sith were around and they helped cause their own conflict with their existence on the ship which strained it. Then the next time it was to a map which not many people wanted to go to and didn't really end up liking so that didn't last.

Only issue I see now is with bounty hunters and how the will function

I was thinking about this, So bounty hunters have two options, 1. Align themselves with the republic and be somewhere on the venator, 2. and then those who wish not to align themselves with the republic can be on the CIS ship, as well I don’t personally know how the rankings work for bounty hunters but allow bounty hunters not aligned with the republic to use the CIS ship as their own when no event is happening and have a player encounter obviously with rules and restrictions, but it has to be done by someone who’s a certain rank in bounty hunting. Also, I’d say put some stuff down in the CIS hangar cause it’s massive too so some shit could be placed down for them and they can come in as a support against the republic when CIS decides to attack, as well there can be somewhere at the end of the MHB for bounty hunters cause the hangar is still massive and has the extra area where we use to have OOC Lounge

Edited by Piff

spacer.png

Ah I see, put me back as Admiral and now bring back the map I created the legendary thing that was FreckNaval. 

I have to +1, extensive is my baby and I'd love one more speech in that debrief. 

Oh the memories! 

British

23 minutes ago, Freck said:

Ah I see, put me back as Admiral and now bring back the map I created the legendary thing that was FreckNaval. 

I have to +1, extensive is my baby and I'd love one more speech in that debrief. 

Oh the memories! 

I was going to mention the fact that more people joined Naval due to you coming back and Naval RP would play a large part again

• Friendly 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, KillJoy said:

The map is busted on the event server, It looks good other than the missing textures. So +1 send it. As well as there can be a lot of events with a CIS ship as there is another map part

The missing textures are on your end. They have 4 total packs you need to be sub to to get all the textures. Hit me up for help downloading. It looks perfect for me!

spacer.pngspacer.png

if I see one more venator map rotation suggestion im GONNA LOOSE MY FUCKING MIND

The fucking player pop drops 20-30 players per day because its a small dogshit map.
The events are lame as fuck, and it becomes the same event regergitated with different event jobs on Venator its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking booooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggg

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Null-5 "Prudii"
spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Polik said:

if I see one more venator map rotation suggestion im GONNA LOOSE MY FUCKING MIND

The fucking player pop drops 20-30 players per day because its a small dogshit map.
The events are lame as fuck, and it becomes the same event regergitated with different event jobs on Venator its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking booooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggg

The map is much bigger and has been improved greatly. You should check it out its pretty cool.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Also guys the map is on the event server which is updated. There is also new rooms. And the fact that we got a CIS frigate system means we can have more types of events. Again before you make your mind I urge you to download the map and its content and check it out

Also you can board the CIS frigate that warps in

Edited by Matt-Matthos

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

So after a event on the new Extensive, We had a shit load of ships spawned in to test it out, at least 10 to 15 ships  in at one time, it did fine and there was no lag after the event for the dogfighting/i guess stresstest but without the props of course.

spacer.png

+1 I have been playing on this map in single player and i was fun to see all of the new stuff. I thought that the medbay was cool with its new upgrades and the MHB had an update so that you could get around easier. I think that a Map rotation would be a good Idea especially for this map. I also like how Bunks are double the size that they used to be.

Edited by APPLE
i added a few things
2 hours ago, Polik said:

make fun RP for yourself. the whole reason people like the venator is because of all the potential for passive RP. events should not be your only source of fun.also just because the GM's aren't being creative doesn't mean the map is bad.

• Agree 6

+1 I am fully down with the idea of switching things up.

Not only with we have something fresh to come back to from time to time but PILOTS and anyone trained for that can use their abilities in actual dog fights, not to mention the ATC and pilot training will become fully worth something again. 

From what I understand it is a huge map too, so many possibilities for new trainings, new items/vehicles and classes/battalions for example one that specializes in space combat (nts if we have that atm)

Edited by DARKontheSIDE

- Commander Fox - (Former)
spacer.png

+1, I feel as though one of the big reasons that server pop died last time we did this was because the map was unoptimized as fuck. A new updated version that can handle things like LFS and still keep high frames is a pretty good recipe for a rotation. Besides we aren’t going to this permanently and so it would keep things interesting on both maps. People are already complaining about events on Felucia being boring and repetitive, so why not change things up. The one big thing I will say is that I agree with earlier posts on this thread: GMs, you guys really gotta start working together and asking around the community on Event ideas...

Enough getting off topic, I full on support this.

"The day I set my flag down, it'll be over my body or over a nation I believe in."

Just a word of warning:

If we do end up going to this map in a rotation cycle, naval will have to adjust to doing a lot more ATC/PLT stuff again, so I swear to the Gods above me if I get harassed and slammed about fucking pilots I will actually lose my shit.

British

17 minutes ago, Freck said:

Just a word of warning:

If we do end up going to this map in a rotation cycle, naval will have to adjust to doing a lot more ATC/PLT stuff again, so I swear to the Gods above me if I get harassed and slammed about fucking pilots I will actually lose my shit.

And Gunnary training prob, I hope at least there is like there was back in the day

spacer.png

On 6/13/2020 at 4:06 AM, Polik said:

Lose*

• Funny 1

When we are on a base and people want to go to a venator:

spacer.png

When we are on a venator and people want to go to a base:

spacer.png

I feel like people are just never going to learn that this is a never ending cycle and being ex high staff I've seen it first hand. We go on a base and people are totally fine with it for like a month or two, then map suggestions start going up and people all the sudden HATE the base and vis versa.

-1. No map is ever going to be perfect and the grass will always be greener on the other side. Just enjoy what we are on and stop trying to change it all the time.

• Disagree 1
  • Winner 1
10 minutes ago, Carvis said:

-1. No map is ever going to be perfect and the grass will always be greener on the other side. Just enjoy what we are on and stop trying to change it all the time.

People want rotations Carivs, the community has for awhile.

Spend some time on a Venator and then some time on a Base and do that regularly then maybe people will stop being so bipolar about maps.

+1 

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

12 hours ago, Quill Khan said:

Extensive is the best map to exist. Any boomers? Nostalgic goggles are always on for this map. :)

Remember the good old shield wall of death on 4th floor? 

Good times, alot of good clones lost they're lives trying to jump that wall.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
1 minute ago, Mitchell said:

I can confirm, the map runs significantly better now.
I am up for it returning, a map rotation can be pretty fun.

Events on the venator will have a lot more freedom with our new LFS system than previously as well as overall compared to a ground map.
+1

I'll say that some of my favorite events where based on large space stations that were built and having flights of LAATs trying to make it across under fire to breach them.

• Agree 2
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

+1 I miss that place PepeHands

• Friendly 1
17 minutes ago, Zim said:

everytime we do this, y'all hate it and want a ground base

Just not true. Look at all these responses. We want the map but we also want GMs to actually learn how to make events on the venator. 

When GMs are shit all maps suck and that's just how it is. A large portion of the community loves venator extensive and the rest have never experienced a good event on it

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

+1 I'll give it a plus 1 because of the fact that we now have LFS air vehicles, and this map has the enemy star destroyer, which gives us the opportunity to board the ship and clear it out like OG Battlefront 2.

Being on the venator back then was depressing. Everything felt so limited. No patrols, no land – everything felt so grey and confined. I prefer being in a land base rather than a giant ship. But this new re-work of a map looks very promising. The proof was that mass event Joah and others created for us some weeks back.

14 hours ago, Zim said:

everytime we do this, y'all hate it and want a ground base

That’s the point of the rotation, Venator and then Base

spacer.png

+1 I love extensive. Honestly the reason i complained when we did it before was because the map never changed on time and the whole thing wasnt really managed properly. As long as it can be managed well i dont see a problem

Hi I’m Pot

Current/Former: Child

sorry, but I have to agree with Zim, every time we go to the venator, the population drops, people complain and then the founders scrap it and return the base. The last time we split time with the Venator and the ground base, it lasted maybe one rotation. I mean, I wouldn't mind going back, but it either needs to stay and everyone supports returning by keeping the pop up, or stop making this suggestion.

-PUCK

• Agree 2
  • 1 month later...