The Return of Foxtrot

• Director
Director

I will say what i said when Kaiser approched me and asked what i thought about it.

I think it's a great idea and with the guidance of SOBDE (If they are willing) it will work out. Kaiser has currently been cody over 4 months and during those 4 months 212th has consistently been the most active and propserus battalion. So i don't think he will run Foxtrot into the ground. 

Small suggestion: Foxtrot goes to 212th and SOBDE is outreach to Foxtrot. 

+1

• Pay Respect 2

Im gonna +1 this as this is a good step for each battalion in the long run as this will open up stuff for them and i would like to see foxtrot come back

my Only concern  is that currently you have some Battalions struggling to get numbers as it is but if u add Foxtrot RC that will pull people for other battalions that could benifit from having more numbers. 

Once the server is better and each battaltion has a healthy set of numbers they i would think this is a good idea but at the moment we must get health numbers within other battalions first.

Edited by Mike21
  • Agree 1

+1

CT Chef Boston

I don’t know anything about the Foxtrot squad or battalion stuff. But I feel like this foxtrot special squad thing might be very cool for the 212th, adding a difference/Diversity between 501st and 212th. Kinda like adding those crackers in a warm bowl of clam chowda

Also Cody’s been there for me and supported my things so ima support him. 

+1

GM Leadership
6 hours ago, TwoBit said:

Ima start with my +1, so y'all ain't gotta read the rest. This is a pretty interesting suggestion, especially as something that would not be utilized otherwise in Foxtrot. Regarding any thoughts about adding a 3rd subunit, you get 20 whitelists; how you divide them seems rather insignificant, especially when you have something as lore-rich as the 212th. Adding a RC subdivision to an attack battalion, in actuality, does not seem to degrade the quality of any branch entirely contained within SOBDE.

+1

Never got to experience last time Foxtrot was in the server since it was before my time.
There are good points on both sides about implementing Foxtrot. If it ends up giving more good RP to the server, even if its a 212th subunit, then I wouldnt mind it. I still think it would be nice to come to an agreement with SOBDE to have both sides on for this suggestions. But I agree with TwoBit regarding a 3rd subunit. I feel like Kaiser have the experience to make this work... But having SOBDE a part of this like Gohn said with their guidance would also be an important part of Foxtrot and how RC works in this server generally.

• Friendly 1

Former:
Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager
CMD Alpha 17  | BCMD Gree 

+1

As a former 212th and a Former Barlex who participated in this discussion more than once, it something I firmly believe can be brought back and maintained, especially under Kaisers steady hand. The talks have been ongoing for months and though it won't make everyone happy, the reality is that this provides greater Diversity overall. The standards I have both heard and had previously talked about with Kaiser and the other Officers during my tenure, however brief it may have been, are ones that are rooted in making sure it lives up to the standards RC will want to see, and ones that should enhance the server as a whole. I may be a retired old man in terms of SWRP, but this is something that can only be good for the server in my eyes. I might come back, just once, just to see it as a thing once more. And I know the 212th will do what they can to get along with everyone else, so hopefully everyone else can get along with them too, even the ones who are against Foxtrots return. Give it a shot. 

-Former Lieutentant Barlex, Dullahan. 

• Pay Respect 2
  • Dumb 2

I'll just put this here and then have my thoughts below, +1

As a current 212th and an ex-sobde member, I don't see the harm in adding these whitelists especially as they are replacing whitelist that are not being used. It was like what someone said up above where each unit has their whitelist and are free to do whatever the hell they want with them. The argument of "3rd subunit" makes zero sense because while yes, it is 4 new characters being added to the 212th, it shares no difference as adding lore jobs to battalions. I've seen other units before make lore names a tryout even if the whitelist stayed the exact same.

This is obviously a little different in this case because these are "eLiTe" characters which share a connection with another unit on the server, but in the long run, does that really matter? Foxtrot in my mind (and what I can assume will happen) will not be given the same permissions as SOBDE, they will act like 212th members who just have a shiny "eLiTe" sticker slapped on their foreheads. There are obvious steps that can be taken here to make Foxtrot elite, but still subpar to SOBDE to allow them to feel like they have earned their spots in SOBDE. (For example, clearance, missions types, tasks.)

This is obviously up to high command, 212th Command, and SOBDE Command to decide on the do's and don't that Foxtrot will receive if they do get added. This is a roleplay community and we can bend a few things to allow units to still have their special little things. (I mean shit, half of the server lore names are dead in canon by this point.)

• Agree 1
  • Based 1

Current: Nothin :)
Former: Shadow Company Enlisted | RANCOR Captain Kase | RANCOR Alpha-22 "Aven" | RANCOR Alpha-26 "Maze" | RC-1140 "Fixer" 212th Ghost Company Trapper, Gearshift, Threepwood | First Rav Bralor
spacer.png

Personally I feel this would be a great addition to 212th, providing that standards and expectations from RC in general are met which kaiser said they will be. They were held to a very high standard before, and we had very strict tryouts, and trainings after being successful. With correct implementation this would be great, and there is not a major loss in job roles with the ones not used in 212th. Losing jobs to gain jobs is how it should be, not gaining extra ones on top. +1 

Discord: Mason#2710

I don't think Foxtrot can be sustainable in the long run at all.
Coming from a former member of Foxtrot in SO BDE, it is plagued with issues that do not allow it to work. Foxtrot always felt like a lesser squad, like a stepping stone squad, like something people who wanted to be in SO BDE would use to get experience before they hopped into a different, better squad. People say that it was handled in 212th better and that they were active, but to be honest were they? It was the same. Yes, they were active on the server and did well in 212th, but at the end of the day, it felt the same as when it was in SO BDE. People went to Foxtrot because they A. Wanted to get into SO BDE but couldn't or B. Wanted to be in SO BDE and 212th at the same time. I feel like it'll be the same way now. It'll be used so that people in 212th who want to be SO BDE can have something close enough. 
I don't think it won't work or that it'll be inactive or poor or anything like that, but I just think it'll be unsustainable. The people in the squad will be people who don't really want to be in the squad if that makes sense.

• Agree 1

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

Head Admin
25 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

I don't think Foxtrot can be sustainable in the long run at all.
Coming from a former member of Foxtrot in SO BDE, it is plagued with issues that do not allow it to work. Foxtrot always felt like a lesser squad, like a stepping stone squad, like something people who wanted to be in SO BDE would use to get experience before they hopped into a different, better squad. People say that it was handled in 212th better and that they were active, but to be honest were they? It was the same. Yes, they were active on the server and did well in 212th, but at the end of the day, it felt the same as when it was in SO BDE. People went to Foxtrot because they A. Wanted to get into SO BDE but couldn't or B. Wanted to be in SO BDE and 212th at the same time. I feel like it'll be the same way now. It'll be used so that people in 212th who want to be SO BDE can have something close enough. 
I don't think it won't work or that it'll be inactive or poor or anything like that, but I just think it'll be unsustainable. The people in the squad will be people who don't really want to be in the squad if that makes sense.

Gonna be real, I don't understand your point but I could be reading your response wrong. We've already had A LOT of interest in the potential return, and we're going to have an insane amount of people in the battalion shooting for the positions. 212th has had a family mentality for as long as I can remember, and helping each other in terms of enjoyment and activity is always one of our goals. It'll be the same thing if Foxtrot gets added back.

Ghost Company is probably the best example I can give to back up what I'm trying to say. GC doesn't get jetpacks, they don't get a different loadout, but they do get the lore names and the extra health buff same as 2ndAC. It can be argued that GC doesn't have a lot going on, and with 2ndAC having a distinct advantage in terms of loadout, one might wonder why troopers would go down the path of GC. 

GC succeeds because of the type of people that want to be in it. These are guys that are dedicated to the battalion, they're dedicated to improving themselves, and there's a certain character building aspect when your peers fly around you while you're stuck on the ground in different colored armor. This is the same mentality I expect for our potential Foxtrot Squad, and it's that mentality that will allow it to thrive in 212th. 

If you think it'll work or it will be active, let's add it and see where it goes? Worst case scenario, we're right back to where we started. 

Edited by KaiserNeiner
typo
  • Agree 2

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

23 hours ago, KaiserNeiner said:

If you think it'll work or it will be active, let's add it and see where it goes? Worst case scenario, we're right back to where we started. 

I see what you mean, but I disagree. Worst case scenario, you've just poured tons of battalion resources into a failed project.

The point I am making is that, while there is initial interest in the squad, it will not be sustainable at all and will not last. People have always used Foxtrot as a transition squad, and I don't think it will be used any differently now. It will gradually wind down to be how it has always been, a squad filled with people who want RC but are held back because of love for 212th or just general insufficiency for SO BDE.

23 hours ago, KaiserNeiner said:

one might wonder why troopers would go down the path of GC. 

I understand what you're saying about GC, but I don't think it applies to Foxtrot. As you said, Ghost Company receives the extra lore names and the prestige within 212th, and those who join it are the most elite troopers that 212th has to offer. I don't believe that this mentality that people have with Ghost Company will apply to Foxtrot. People will view it as a weird SO BDE junior rather than a 212th elite squad. The mentality of Foxtrot was never and has never been, as a 212th Elite RC Squad. It has been as a 212th/SOBDE Hybrid amalgamation that people used as a tool to have an SO BDE experience mixed with a traditional battalion.

Foxtrot is unsustainable in the long run. The addition of it now is pointless, and I can see it being removed again. That is the argument I have against Foxtrot, and from my original message. The squad will run fine, but not for long. It will have interest, but not for long. It will have members who want to be in it for it, and are active in it, but not for long.

I hope this clarifies things. If you'd like to keep talking about these things, let me know! I have good experience.

• Agree 1

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

27 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

I see what you mean, but I disagree. Worst case scenario, you've just poured tons of battalion resources into a failed project.

The point I am making is that, while there is initial interest in the squad, it will not be sustainable at all and will not last. People have always used Foxtrot as a transition squad, and I don't think it will be used any differently now. It will gradually wind down to be how it has always been, a squad filled with people who want RC but are held back because of love for 212th or just general insufficiency for SO BDE.

I understand what you're saying about GC, but I don't think it applies to Foxtrot. As you said, Ghost Company receives the extra lore names and the prestige within 212th, and those who join it are the most elite troopers that 212th has to offer. I don't believe that this mentality that people have with Ghost Company will apply to Foxtrot. People will view it as a weird SO BDE junior rather than a 212th elite squad. The mentality of Foxtrot was never and has never been, as a 212th Elite RC Squad. It has been as a 212th/SOBDE Hybrid amalgamation that people used as a tool to have an SO BDE experience mixed with a traditional battalion.

Foxtrot is unsustainable in the long run. The addition of it now is pointless, and I can see it being removed again. That is the argument I have against Foxtrot, and from my original message. The squad will run fine, but not for long. It will have interest, but not for long. It will have members who want to be in it for it, and are active in it, but not for long.

I hope this clarifies things. If you'd like to keep talking about these things, let me know! I have good experience.

Just to set the record straight, Foxtrot was an active, stable subunit in 212th for over a year and a half, and it wasn't removed from 212th for any negative reasons on our part. 

I can somewhat understand the argument of Foxtrot being a stepping stone to SOBDE, and while I can't say with 100% certainty that people didn't see it that same way, I can say that most of the longtime members did not see it that way. Many of the long term members of Foxtrot never went to SOBDE, or any other battalion. Two Gregor's and One normal Foxtrot trooper eventually become Commander Cody, and another Gregor ended up as Attack Regimental, with many of them returning months later to go back to Foxtrot. Some of these old long term members have even expressed an interest in helping the subunit if it does return to the 212th, which to me, speaks volumes as to what the subunit meant to us as a battalion. 

I know there isn't much I can say to change your mind about this, I just want you to understand how much work was put into Foxtrot the first time to make sure it was a sustainable and long-term addition to the battalion, and that mindset hasn't change an iota in the years since. 

I don't want to clog the thread with a consistent back and forth, though if you're interested in talking further, please DM me, as I always enjoy regaling people with the history of 212th!

• Informative 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

Head Admin
49 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Yeah I think you and I are gonna just agree to disagree here. As someone who's been in 212th for practically a year I'm confident with my battalion, their dedication, and MY dedication to make sure this runs well. I understand you have a lot of experience on this server in the past and I respect that. I do think my first hand experience with 212th as of right now is enough to base my argument off of. 

• Friendly 1
  • Dumb 2

spacer.png

+1 Bringing back foxtrot brings that little bit more Roleplay opportunities into 212th within game keeping members who are here for a more serious roleplay time interested now that might be selfish to say coming from a former 212th BCMD but it's within game so the Roleplay opportunities will reach many different people within the server and if foxtrot is done the right way it will bring in a more serious roleplay experience 

from a battalion point of view having another sub unit like this will give another active member of the battalion a chance to lead a subunit and show his/hers leadership skills and also improve them as sub leads within a battalion should be the next in line to become battalion commander so it gives another person a chance to show and improve on his/hers leadership skills what I think is key

bring in a more serious jedi position to the battalion what will benefit the jedi order letting someone who enjoys a more serious role have one being a knight or even padawan 

1 on 1 advanced trainings 0r Group Training (Some Examples) if done right and keep the squad very hands on the server to set up trainings and even events will impact not just the battalion but keep the server interested as well the squad working together to come up with stuff well that just sounds like a lot of fun 

• Recon

• Defence 

• Sharp Shooting

• Stealth

• Target Marking - 

• Search and Destroy 

• 1 Lifes

• Capture and Rescue 

• Stranded on unknowing place/planet 

• Escaping CIS prison 

• Lost behind enemy front lines

• Outpost living and Defence  

• Stealing CIS future plans

I overall thing this yes this will Benefit the battalion a lot but will also benefit the server if the squad is done right so i do not thing 212th are being selfish by asking for another sub unit as under Kaiser and the next Battalion commanders that this sub unit will be ran the right way to not just benefit the 212th but the full server so i believe 212th should have a chance to prove that, all we are asking for is a chance to prove we are moving into the future and we can do it 

• Dumb 4
Spoiler

2ndACS SGM BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

GM Leadership

Bringing back foxtrot to 212th or SOBDE will do nothing but cause a tear in the server and create fights

This is coming from a former SOBDE BCMD who tried to get foxtrot readded. It will not end will and the rift will be permanent no matter who gets foxtrot.

• Winner 1

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

Head Admin
1 hour ago, Boof said:

Bringing back foxtrot to 212th or SOBDE will do nothing but cause a tear in the server and create fights

This is coming from a former SOBDE BCMD who tried to get foxtrot readded. It will not end will and the rift will be permanent no matter who gets foxtrot.

What? 

"Bringing back foxtrot to 212th or SOBDE will do nothing but cause a tear in the server and create fights" is some biblical type of claim over this. I think you might have merit that it might make some people in SOBDE unhappy, but a lot of the +1s on this post have been from people NOT in 212th and are still involved in the server and the community. I have made it extremely clear that I'm open minded to feedback, criticism, and ideas from members leading to the success of Foxtrot if it returns. 

"the rift will be permanent no matter who gets foxtrot" feels also like a very "last straw" type of mentality and kinda gives me the vibes that there are people that are so close minded on this that they just want to pick a fight or want to see it fail. 

For the record I appreciate and respect your time on the server and your service as a RCMD, and I was happy to see you back on today. I think we have two very different perspectives on this as we come from 2 sides of the coin here in terms of 212th and SOBDE and I would love to hear in more detail why you think the current command structures of both battalions couldn't stop "fights" from breaking out. 

• Winner 1
  • Dumb 1

spacer.png

GM Leadership
9 minutes ago, KaiserNeiner said:

What? 

"Bringing back foxtrot to 212th or SOBDE will do nothing but cause a tear in the server and create fights" is some biblical type of claim over this. I think you might have merit that it might make some people in SOBDE unhappy, but a lot of the +1s on this post have been from people NOT in 212th and are still involved in the server and the community. I have made it extremely clear that I'm open minded to feedback, criticism, and ideas from members leading to the success of Foxtrot if it returns. 

"the rift will be permanent no matter who gets foxtrot" feels also like a very "last straw" type of mentality and kinda gives me the vibes that there are people that are so close minded on this that they just want to pick a fight or want to see it fail. 

For the record I appreciate and respect your time on the server and your service as a RCMD, and I was happy to see you back on today. I think we have two very different perspectives on this as we come from 2 sides of the coin here in terms of 212th and SOBDE and I would love to hear in more detail why you think the current command structures of both battalions couldn't stop "fights" from breaking out. 

So if SOBDE was to get Foxtrot added there wouldn't be any discourse in the 212th? I understand the want to have them back I myself would love to see them back on the server as It was something I tried very hard to get passed during my time in SOBDE. But from what I have seen relations between the two battalions have been shaky for a long time and I am concerned that having them added to the server will cause these ties to be even further strained. In my opinion the best course for the relationship of 212th and SOBDE to survive is for them not to be added. Even if the suggestion was to get them added to SOBDE I would -1. I've had talks with the directors before about this and I understand why it was denied when I went for it. I just do not want to see any issues or hard feelings from the battalions towards eachother over who gets foxtrot.

Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

Head Admin
8 minutes ago, Boof said:

So if SOBDE was to get Foxtrot added there wouldn't be any discourse in the 212th? I understand the want to have them back I myself would love to see them back on the server as It was something I tried very hard to get passed during my time in SOBDE. But from what I have seen relations between the two battalions have been shaky for a long time and I am concerned that having them added to the server will cause these ties to be even further strained. In my opinion the best course for the relationship of 212th and SOBDE to survive is for them not to be added. Even if the suggestion was to get them added to SOBDE I would -1. I've had talks with the directors before about this and I understand why it was denied when I went for it. I just do not want to see any issues or hard feelings from the battalions towards eachother over who gets foxtrot.

There would absolutely be discourse from the 212th, but not a single one of us would say it would cause a permanent rift between the two groups. People can disagree on things without the health of the server being affected which is what I think is being alluded to here. 

If Foxtrot was brought back to SOBDE a squad would have to be removed to my knowledge. I don't think there's any intent to do that, so why not use the content that is readily available? 

spacer.png

Veteran Admin

+1 

Good job Gregor

On 9/26/2023 at 8:56 PM, BadDog said:

+1 Bringing back foxtrot brings that little bit more Roleplay opportunities into 212th within game keeping members who are here for a more serious roleplay time interested now that might be selfish to say coming from a former 212th BCMD but it's within game so the Roleplay opportunities will reach many different people within the server and if foxtrot is done the right way it will bring in a more serious roleplay experience 

from a battalion point of view having another sub unit like this will give another active member of the battalion a chance to lead a subunit and show his/hers leadership skills and also improve them as sub leads within a battalion should be the next in line to become battalion commander so it gives another person a chance to show and improve on his/hers leadership skills what I think is key

bring in a more serious jedi position to the battalion what will benefit the jedi order letting someone who enjoys a more serious role have one being a knight or even padawan 

1 on 1 advanced trainings 0r Group Training (Some Examples) if done right and keep the squad very hands on the server to set up trainings and even events will impact not just the battalion but keep the server interested as well the squad working together to come up with stuff well that just sounds like a lot of fun 

• Recon

• Defence 

• Sharp Shooting

• Stealth

• Target Marking - 

• Search and Destroy 

• 1 Lifes

• Capture and Rescue 

• Stranded on unknowing place/planet 

• Escaping CIS prison 

• Lost behind enemy front lines

• Outpost living and Defence  

• Stealing CIS future plans

I overall thing this yes this will Benefit the battalion a lot but will also benefit the server if the squad is done right so i do not thing 212th are being selfish by asking for another sub unit as under Kaiser and the next Battalion commanders that this sub unit will be ran the right way to not just benefit the 212th but the full server so i believe 212th should have a chance to prove that, all we are asking for is a chance to prove we are moving into the future and we can do it 

This is all stuff y’all can do now 💀

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 4
  • Dumb 2

Certified Giga Chad

On 9/20/2023 at 5:19 PM, KaiserNeiner said:

Name: Kaiser 

RP Rank: 212th BCMD

Suggestion: Bring back Foxtrot to 212th Attack Battalion as a 3rd subunit

Implementation: For those of you looking to instantly -1 this suggestion based on negative experiences, I implore you to read the entire thing. After talks with High Staff/Development, the return of this squad is very possible if done correctly. There is no official rule preventing the addition of a 3rd subunit, and no rule on removing the whitelists suggested. This will be a major shift for the 212th as a whole, and as a battalion that has had the honor of success in the past year, I believe we’re the perfect candidates to test run an additional group. We would be removing 4 whitelists to make room for Gregor and the 3 additional Foxtrot members. 

In practical terms, we would work with former Foxtrot members and current SOBDE members that have already stepped forward to offer assistance with dupes and tryouts. With myself overseeing the first runs, we would invite SOBDE members to watch how we do tryouts which would affirm that RC standards would be met. 

Additionally, when 212th previously had Foxtrot, we held a very high standard of RP and have every intention to bring it back. SOBDE has a very high standard of RP as well, which gives us a great example to learn from. In turn, with one of our subunits acting more seriously, this will 100% rub off on our other subunits, in turn rubbing off on the battalion, in turn rubbing off on the server. 

Lore: Foxtrot Group was a commando squad led by CC-5576-39 Captain Gregor serving under Marshal Commander Cody and General Obi-Wan Kenobi. While it operated under the Special Operations Brigade, it was attached to the 212th Attack Battalion. Captain Gregor has been depicted multiple times in Star Wars media, giving merit to Foxtrot having the ability to build lore on Synergy. 

Workshop Content if applicable: Needs development

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following if not, leave it out.

Add or Change: Remove
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: 2ndAC Commander Barlex, 212th Officer, Ghost Company Heavy Trooper, Ghost Company Support Trooper

Slots: N/A

Description: N/A

Model: N/A

Weapons: N/A

Add or Change: Add

Job: Foxtrot Lead Gregor

Slots: 1

Description: Foxtrot Group Lead

Model: models/jayarr/commando/foxtrot/gregor.mdl

Weapons: cc2018_dc15p, rw_sw_dc17m, rw_sw_dc17m_launcher, rw_sw_dc17m_shotgun, rw_sw_dc17m_sniper

Job: Foxtrot RC EOD

Description: Foxtrot Group EOD

Model:models/jayarr/commando/foxtrot/eod.mdl

Weapons: cc2018_dc15p, rw_sw_dc17m, rw_sw_dc17m_launcher (ability to drop armor)

Job: Foxtrot RC MED

Description: Foxtrot Group Medic

Model: models/jayarr/commando/foxtrot/tech.mdl

Weapons: cc2018_dc15p, rw_sw_dc17m, rw_sw_dc17m_shotgun, weapon_bactakit, rw_sw_nade_bacta (3), darky_syringe (3) 

Job: Foxtrot RC ARF

Description: Foxtrot Group Sniper

Model: models/jayarr/commando/foxtrot/mark.mdl

Weapons: cc2018_dc15p, rw_sw_dc17m, rw_sw_dc17m_sniper

Other: This is the meat and potatoes of this suggestion. After talks from High Staff/developers, members of current SOBDE, and former Foxtrot members, I am 100% confident 212th can bring back this unit and support it in the right way. To start with the unit, we would like to include SOBDE in the initial process in setting up the tryouts. We want to make sure that the standard for RC squads is being held up overall and our Foxtrot members are of a higher caliber than any other trooper in 212th. 

The past 3 Barlex’s did NOT like being on the actual job, and would often prefer to sit on 2ndAC SUP if they have their training due to the low benefits of the Barlex whitelist. The 212th Officer whitelist isn’t used at all. The GC whitelists we would remove would change GC to a strictly stealth recon unit rather than Spec Ops. We would open up more 212th GC ARF spots to compensate along with 1 GC ARC slot. 

I look forward to answering any questions people have in the comments, and reassuring anyone with doubts that we can handle this. Even with myself only being on the server for a year, I know the server has changed significantly. Now is the time to bring back this once successful unit to the former glory of Foxtrot. 

+1
I'm new here however I would totally love to see this become a thing and hopefully even take part in it.

On 9/21/2023 at 10:28 AM, Aust said:

Foxtrot Group will never return. It isn't coming back to SOBDE. It isn't going to 212th. It's never coming back. Give up on your dreams. -1

Actually though I don't understand the need for a third sub unit in your battalion, you already got two -1

Edit: With extra info it would be 4? no no no -1

If this old lad is -1 it than damn, but in all honesty the main problem with to many sun units lead to other battalions lowering in numbers than that turns into more Doom Unit. If the server hits max players at least once a week where they have to kick afk players then I say go for it. Yes it can seem like we don’t want you battalion to have fun things but at end of the day if it negatively impacts the server than it’s not worth it. Let’s think from this perspective you’re an officer in a battalion that doesn’t have a lot of numbers and you see other battalions that are already do good, what ever makes you want to try because the community will favor that battalion more leading to even more numbers. There has to be balance if you have 8 active members at a time than you don’t need anything else just fill up the position you got. While a battalion that needs help can get a buff or something for more traction. The more traction that helps grow that battalion leads to more players on the server, more players on the server me more donations which leads to better updates and more custom shit. Like at the bigger picture of the server, yes I know i don’t play anymore but I still like to see the server to have more numbers than other places and be so active that they bring back afk checks. 

• Informative 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Head Admin
8 hours ago, KillJoy said:

If this old lad is -1 it than damn, but in all honesty the main problem with to many sun units lead to other battalions lowering in numbers than that turns into more Doom Unit. If the server hits max players at least once a week where they have to kick afk players then I say go for it. Yes it can seem like we don’t want you battalion to have fun things but at end of the day if it negatively impacts the server than it’s not worth it. Let’s think from this perspective you’re an officer in a battalion that doesn’t have a lot of numbers and you see other battalions that are already do good, what ever makes you want to try because the community will favor that battalion more leading to even more numbers. There has to be balance if you have 8 active members at a time than you don’t need anything else just fill up the position you got. While a battalion that needs help can get a buff or something for more traction. The more traction that helps grow that battalion leads to more players on the server, more players on the server me more donations which leads to better updates and more custom shit. Like at the bigger picture of the server, yes I know i don’t play anymore but I still like to see the server to have more numbers than other places and be so active that they bring back afk checks. 

So while we're not frequently hitting max pop, I believe we have twice in the past 30 days, or maybe 45. We're constantly hovering at high 80's every day and the GM/VA team will host deployments at 90+ pop moments to keep people involved. These happen regularly, and Synergy is ranking among the top star wars rp servers AND any GMOD server. While the numbers might not be what they used to, they're A LOT better than where it was a year ago (I joined almost exactly one year ago so I can only speak from anecdotal claims from other community members).

Aust was incorrect on the number of subunits we have (others are wrong too), all battalions only currently have a max of 2. We have Parjai Squad WITHIN 2ndAC, but they are that subunit's officers or leaders at this time, NOT a separate subunit. We also use the lore names for Red Squadron pilots, but in no way do we offer tryouts or hold specific trainings or standards for Red Squadron, its just something people can get excited about via lore names without locking into Ghost Company. 

Over the span of 2023, 212th has constantly been at the top in terms of numbers and activity. If the community would "favor the battalion leading to even more numbers" than it would already be 212th RP. Instead, other battalions are prospering and doing well, and standing well on their own 2 feet. The biggest example of this is 21st. Forgive my bluntness, but last month 21st was dead. They were struggling with activity and image, and they only had a handful of people really trying to make a difference. With that continued work and continued dedication, 21st has been one of the most active battalions in terms of RP and numbers in the past 2 weeks. Their new Bacara and continued support from Patty aka Ki-Adi-Mundi (and other officers) will lead them out of the hole they were once in (Clutch also helped to my knowledge as MECH REG). 

My point here Killjoy is that I truly do not believe an extra subunit consisting of 4 people will cause a massive shift of people leaving battalions to join 212th, but it WILL cause people that have stopped playing the server to at least try it out again. Worst case scenario, they join the 212th, don't get Foxtrot, and leave the server again, putting them right back to where they started. BEST case scenario, they don't get Foxtrot, but really connect with other people on the server, stay in 212th or join another battalion, and we have another player back on the Synergy Kool Aid. 

Another argument is that people will see hard work and activity rewarded, thus pushing for it themselves. "Oh look, 212th got a third subunit" "Well they're pretty active on the server, good for them" "Hey I wonder if our battalion keeps up numbers and increases activity we could get a third subunit one day". This would create drive and purpose to succeed within battalions. 

I think one thing people aren't realizing, especially people in SOBDE, is that what if Foxtrot tryouts are harder than current RC tryouts? What if people don't get Foxtrot, and then they try for another RC squad? This drip down effect could potentially help SOBDE in terms of numbers, and allow new people or returning old heads to fill out squads. While it isn't our primary goal, it could be a secondary one. 

• Agree 2
  • Winner 2
  • Dumb 1
  • Bruh 1

spacer.png

+1 If they are willing to trade current whitelist for the new one I don't see why not.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Current: Nothing

Formerly: 104th BCMD Wolffe, Wolfpack Warthog, WPXO, Dire Squad Tracer, 104th REGL, 104th CMD, 104th SUPL, 104th SUPO, Senior Admin

Ghost                    Elijah                 Hamm       

spacer.png   

+1 212th had done well with it. Other units and regiments had their standards raised and upheld due to having a better role model. Plus it helped with joint-unit trainings, increasing coordination and planning between our subunits and regiments, and made us feel more professional and cohesive when in events. 

• Pay Respect 1

+1, Honestly, in no way will this suggestion even effect me as a 104th member. If the battalion wants it, and I have no reason to care, why not +1... I mean, surely if it's a dumb idea as everyone says the founders will just... not implement it. Anyways, good luck :peepoLove:

• Pay Respect 1

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

Head Admin
On 10/9/2023 at 2:59 AM, KillJoy said:

Wanted to touch base on this again; server pop for the past two weeks has been at an all time high as of recently, hitting 90-110+ every day. Player retention and overall server health is extremely high compared to what it was a year ago. 

"The more traction that helps grow that battalion leads to more players on the server, more players on the server me more donations which leads to better updates and more custom shit." is exactly what we're looking to achieve with this suggestion, so I'm a bit confused as to your point here and would love some more explanation. 

• Informative 1

spacer.png

So let me just start with a +1 so anyone scrolling through this to count can just figure it out. 
Anywhoo, I've been under countless Cody's and only 212th or SOBDE at any given time, so I can see both sides of this. 

I've read through most of this post, and I have seen why people do not want to see Foxtrot with 212th, but most if not all of the counter points have already been addressed by Kaiser, Finn, or another member of the community. 

When I was in SOBDE, this was a little over a year ago from what I understand when Void was Boss and eventually BCMD. I was grey RC the entire time while in SOBDE, and eventually I was "Foxtrot" which at the time was just grey RC with orange color and all four members were all supposed to be specialized in some capacity. When you were in Foxtrot, you were not anything special, and you were again stated, glorified grey RC. We had no Gregor, and when Sarge tried to get the whitelist he wasn't seen fit for the role and so we never got an official leader of any kind. Foxtrot never inherently did anything special at any point, you had the same qualifications, ranking, and authority as any given grey RC. There was no system where if you were foxtrot, you had more right to a tryout than anyone else, or any system where if you went into Foxtrot Tech, like myself, you would have greater priority for a role such as Fixer. Even the medical trooper of the squad, which wasn't a squad as we had multiple people with the same specialization at one given time, didn't ever get a medkit other than a single time I can recall which was for an event server deployment despite us asking every single event to have a medkit from the GM. Overall, it was just something you could be in SOBDE with no rhyme or reason. From what I observed, in order to rise rank and get to the position of Gregor, you would have to join another subunit, become squad lead, then leave to Gregor which was just a hot mess.

Now as for my 212th experience when we did have Foxtrot with Shockpoint among others, I see nothing wrong with adding it as 212th is offering to give up whitelists, something SOBDE would not do as stated by Slak a few posts above me when they applied to do so under Iceman's term but was left denied by Marvel. As far as Foxtrot went from my perspective, it worked and functioned fine. I see some people talk about how 212th can't uphold the "SOBDE Standard" which was never a problem when Foxtrot was in 212th. Seeing it from both sides of the spectrum in this conversation, I doubt that with the right people chosen, Foxtrot would be fine coming into 212th. Regarding that, again, I believe that as long as you don't pick out the children that hardly reach the goal of "semi-serious" rp, Foxtrot can be held to the same standard. After coming back to the server about a week ago, I'm not sure what standard Super is referring to either, as I don't see much has changed since the last time I was in SOBDE. Obviously your average 212th member shouldn't be joining, which I whole-heartedly agree with, but Finn, Kaiser, among maybe one other I believe have the correct judgement to at least see who could be considered for the role of being held to a "higher standard." Ever since SOBDE got battalioned, they have lacked a higher standard. 

All in all, while I have seen claims and counterpoints from both sides, I don't see how adding this can negatively impact the server. +1. Idc how much flak I catch for this post.

• Based 3
Head Admin
3 hours ago, Forseen said:

A classic example of the circle of life.

Nothing is every truly removed forever lol.

Odin_Is_With_Us_Banner.jpg?ex=655650aa&i

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Major +1

Reasoning:
I think bringing back foxtrot to the 212th would be a major benefit not only for the battalion But for the server as a whole. For those of us that have been in the community for A long time and remember when foxtrot used to be an active group It was always great seeing / working with those guys both on base and on the battlefield. Being able to relive the Glory Days and having a symbol of old school Synergy back would fill nostalgia For me and most likely many others. Additionally I think changing things around such as  Subunits, Battalions, and Individual positions Is both healthy and necessary for the longevity of a long-lasting community. I hope in the future to see more changes/additions similar to this as it would breathe a breath of fresh air and feel like a new environment if we changed things around a little bit more often.

Edited by Hondo
  • Dumb 2

(Former) Coruscant Guard REGL ARC XO (Former) 212th Ghost Company Sergeant ARCL Colonel Peel (Former) 332nd REGL ARC LTC (Former) 41st Green Company ARCO CPT (Former) Rancor Alpha-66 SFC Muzzle

+1 I think the 212th ATK Batt deserves to recieve something after all the hard work, they've put in. I think this could also make some changes to seeing some new faces within the server.

spacer.png     

Current: 501st Ajax

Former: TC REGL Kano, TC REGA Dogma, TC Hardcase TC REGL Tup      41st Clanky,   41st Cooker WP REGL Sinker WP Mortar 332ndO Ross 332ndO Gunner

+1 I think it would be a cool thing to add, time will only tell if it works out or not!

Edited by Cucumber

Former: Senior Admin | Dooms Unit SNCO | 187th NCO ST SNCO Senator Gume Saam | SO CPT JetRSB Supervisor LTJG Dodd Rancit | Commander Keller | RSB Supervisor LTJG Alexsandr Kallus |

+1 I think this would be a major change for the 212th, but a good one! It's a great way for more RP scenarios within the 212th and offers more ways to work with RC's plus, I think just about everyone loves Gregor lmao

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Since I am the best Hunter Synergy has seen (I've been hunter for a week) and I have tons of SOBDE experience (I've been here for a few months) this is the best idea ever +1

• Winner 2
  • Dumb 1

Current: Yoda

Former: Shaak Ti | Arligan Zey Kit Fisto | Luminara Unduli | Jedi Military Advisor | Null-10 Lieutenant JaingNull-6 Lieutenant Kom'rk Bad Batch Echo Bad Batch Hunter 

GM Leadership
7 minutes ago, blazin said:

Since I am the best Hunter Synergy has seen (I've been hunter for a week) and I have tons of SOBDE experience (I've been here for a few months) this is the best idea ever +1

Who even is this guy @Rizzo 

• Dumb 2

GM Leadership

+1 

Edited by Ansley
poop