Office of HC 2/28

Would you guys be intrested in having a 24/7 PVP Area  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2/28

File:Galactic Republic.svg - Wikimedia Commons

Marshal: Mazen

Good Morning! Hope your all have been having a fun time on the server in the past couple month, i know i have with the MASS influx of new players it has been such a blast being Marshal on the server to ensure we are running smoothly, This office of HC will be going over changes that happened during the last command meeting and letting a bigger lens when it comes to my plans for the future and such!

This Month with the addition of @Nazerino, @BadDogand Kiara, it has been very nice to lay back just a tiny bit, at one point i was REG over every battalion which just wasn't fun, currently my focus has been on a couple things

-Finding a ATK REG

ATK REG is open! We are interested in having a very hands on, in game focused Regimental for the position, I don't wish to rush the position as since my experience in 212th, and just dealing with 501st, im in no rush but I would love to fill it, if you are interested in ATK REG, please DM @Marvelfor a future waive talk (Please make sure you have a proper plan, and understand the position before going into the waive talk) Overall its something on my radar, but im not gonna push someone into the position just cause they want it, I want to make sure I can not just trust my HC but I can ensure the ATK REG will be a strong Prescence of the server and will be a good fit.

-Helping 501st rebuild themselves with the appointment of @Brak/Mainstayim excited to see how they can grow

501st has been in the downer, I am not to worried about it, Brak interview gave me such good confidence, I think Brak will be able to steer the battalion in a strong direction and usher in a new generation, Brak is someone that is wiling to put the work and make sure the battalion is representing, i have already seen a big Mindshift since him getting Rex, so i am very confident in the position of power, I will be there to help and advise brak and overall help with recruiting to ensure that 501st will be on a good trak! We wanna make sure the most lore intensive of our battalion is properly represented! 

-Fixing Naval

Me and Marvel have been trying to find CRITICAL issues into the naval faction, while we like the current officers, want to shoutout @Warmacfor holding the battalion as one of the onyl active officers, we want to try to rework naval to try to avoid the common pitfalls of the faction, we don't see it as much appeal and we want try to work on it, this is something we are still brainstorming and throwing ideas around! I did ask the commander+ team and they gave some good ideas!

-Easing HC into their positions and ensuring they are self sufficient 

Nazerino, Baddog, and Kiara are the new dogs in HC, so its important for me to make sure they are on track, i have been a bit hands on to show them my expectation of HC, they have already have a good mind on their shoulders and talking to their BCMD they are very confident to represent them, overall fantastic move and Im excited to see them as they are both eager to help the battalions, ever since Luther has left Palpatine I have moved into helping some of the factions, which im excited  about, I have helped @Kiraraand @ETsilvianand @Gearsto work on Rahm Kota milita, a fun joint project between the JEdi and the BH and I am so happy to see it move to the final stages, while my time has been more split doing the job of Palpatine I think i have done a good balance of the position, to help out when i can! This is a process for all the new members of HC to ease into their position and gain confidence but i know for a fact these 3 are game changers for the server, talking to them everyday gives me more and more confidence in them everyday!

Command Meeting!

The Last command meeting was a grand old time, seeing all the Commanders work together to tackle issues was a fantastic watch, I want to highlight some things that was announced during the command meeting and give more reason

-PTL Rules

Navy needs more power on the server to give them what they need to do, they need to operate the base, we wanted to cut down on the amount of AWOL the server has been having and in general want to focus on making sure Navy can mange people coming in and out, we restricted leaving without PTL and put everyone in the same playing field, CPT+ can still grant permission and me and marvel have agreed that members of the same battalion can authorize it, but if we catch you abusing it you will be arrested for AWOL, i already had a talk with @KnightVRand we are on the same page on this matter.

Trainings

With the excellent new changes of the trainings, it is time to put them up, 212th ran by @Quassontdid a fantastic job innovating boarding, and other battalions have done similar, battalions are now authorized to have a fallback battalion/subunit, we are excited to see battalions work together on these trainings and in general cant wait to see it!

Aight here is something that I want to give to the community as a questions to brainstorm

I have been working on a personal project, call it nostalgia, but I want to make it where Thesh is a 24/7 PVP Zone for the server, with BH V Clone fighting, I want this to be a braindead PVP zone for people that like to do it and in general generate stuff to do without needing a GM, while the rules are still being worked on I want to ask the community would you guys like this? This will be replacing base raids/village raids as having it in a neutral area will be good, I chose Thesh since it is out of the way, and  a nice spot for people to duke it out using Jayarr excellent map, this is still a idea and would like for you guys to give thoughts/opinions on the matter. Think of it as a 24/7 control point.

Battalion of da month

abe-a-dristig-arctroopers2-lowres.jpg?16

Rancor performed fantastic this month, i was a big fan of their general roleplay, here was some of Rancors BIGGEST highlights this month that was a reason for the BOTM!

Rancor- RECRUITMENT: 49 TRAININGS: 45 + 7 ARC TRAININGS

-Fantastic flow of new players and high retention rate

-The introduction to Traumas Unit, I would like to shoutout @Slumpand @Rohan, there way of adding TU to the server has been wonderful and something i have been very happy, i hope to see it better and better everyday!

-Fantastic Roleplay when it comes to their general core of members

Here is the stats for every other battalion, I would like to remind the community we choose battalion of the month not just by stats but other reasons

Specialized Regiment- Rancor RECRUITMENT: 49 TRAININGS: 45 + 7 ARC TRAININGS SOBDE- RECRUITMENT:3 TRAININGS:10 CG- RECRUITMENT:15 TRAININGS:18

Mechanized Regiment GM 23 recruitments 7 entertainments 104th 18 recruits 4 Entertainments 41st 34 Recruits 21 Entertainment

Attack Regiment 212th Recruits: 51 Trainings: 7 501st 38 Recruits 16 Trainings

Overall a very healthy month for the server, I would like for us to try to pivot more to try to engage troopers to make sure we are keeping new generations of synergy engaged.

I am excited to see Rancor personal deployment for their battalion and excited to see how they use the hanger! Lets make March as epic as possible!

Lets blow it out of the water with March, as a reminder there is a community meeting being hosted by Xaze this Friday! Here is the discord invite for yall to check out

https://discord.gg/synrgg?event=1078867725478273164

I would like to thank @Fyifor everything as usual!

I dont belive in grammer, its a construct 

Edited by Mazen
  • Winner 2
  • Friendly 1

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

8 minutes ago, Mazen said:

I have been working on a personal project, call it nostalgia, but I want to make it where Thesh is a 24/7 PVP Zone for the server, with BH V Clone fighting, I want this to be a braindead PVP zone for people that like to do it and in general generate stuff to do without needing a GM, while the rules are still being worked on I want to ask the community would you guys like this? This will be replacing base raids/village raids as having it in a neutral area will be good, I chose Thesh since it is out of the way, and  a nice spot for people to duke it out using Jayarr excellent map, this is still a idea and would like for you guys to give thoughts/opinions on the matter. Think of it as a 24/7 control point.

So, would this still be a claimable zone by staff or battalions for events or trainings? I imagine there's going to be a lot of problems with RDM or breaking BH rules when it comes to where the line is drawn with this (where the area around Thesh ends), and people not reading adverts since there is no claim board there to claim it that way.

This map is already so limited in the structured areas that we can really do events or trainings in that don't require a massive dupe, and this would hinder that substantially. Onderon is beautiful but very difficult to use as a basic NCO or Admin who can't really do too much on their own in terms of setting things up. The entire Jedi planet / sector 2 is not even comparable to the possibilities that Endor, Geonosis, and Umbara offered when we were on Anaxes. Cut the thing out and add those back in and I'd be more willing to do sacrifice this tiny building that is one of the few places that events and trainings happen at on this map.

I'd rather sacrifice a portion of sector 2 to this as then we aren't losing as much opportunity in that sense.

• Agree 2

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

The grammar is not with this one.

On a real note, i think having a 24/7 PVP zone with rules could really help some minges stick around and find out that killing people over and over really isn't that fun

• Agree 2

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

19 minutes ago, Mazen said:

Please give reasoning for your votes if you do vote on the poll! I want to understand and engage with yall to ensure we are having good discourse! 

I think a PVP area would be cool but not 24/7 that would be too chaotic in my opinion. I think it would be more fun to have agreed upon days and times for faction wars between BH and clones instead of just a 24/7 slaughter house. This way the PVP is controlled and expected and won't interfere too much with server activities like training and patrols and events since the wars would be planned and have a set duration. Also, it may be fun if there was some sort of reward for the faction who wins the most recent war for the "control point" basically which ever side had control at the end of the allotted time would win and either get some sort of credit/renown reward or some sort of benefit boost, or whatever fun idea you come up with, to just make victory a little sweeter and encourage more participation from the server. This as far as I know would be a pretty unique experience from other servers that would maybe make us stand out more and possibly draw in more players who are tired of the PVE focused content while keeping the PVE community in the server happy by not having it be constant everyday and not 24/7. 

Edit: Another idea I just had is also maybe having off world wars where a combat area is set up with multiple control points if the first idea got really popular we could occasionally have larger scale wars that have maybe even bigger rewards for the winning faction the only issues I could see happening is balancing the teams and the fact that some people kind of just have a big advantage with the perma weapons that some players who have been around longer would have that newer player wouldn't. There may be some weapons that need to be banned from use in this PVP due to fairness.

Edited by Mantu
idea
  • Informative 1
14 minutes ago, Mantu said:

I think a PVP area would be cool but not 24/7 that would be too chaotic in my opinion. I think it would be more fun to have agreed upon days and times for faction wars between BH and clones instead of just a 24/7 slaughter house. This way the PVP is controlled and expected and won't interfere too much with server activities like training and patrols and events since the wars would be planned and have a set duration. Also, it may be fun if there was some sort of reward for the faction who wins the most recent war for the "control point" basically which ever side had control at the end of the allotted time would win and either get some sort of credit/renown reward or some sort of benefit boost, or whatever fun idea you come up with, to just make victory a little sweeter and encourage more participation from the server. This as far as I know would be a pretty unique experience from other servers that would maybe make us stand out more and possibly draw in more players who are tired of the PVE focused content while keeping the PVE community in the server happy by not having it be constant everyday and not 24/7. 

Edit: Another idea I just had is also maybe having off world wars where a combat area is set up with multiple control points if the first idea got really popular we could occasionally have larger scale wars that have maybe even bigger rewards for the winning faction the only issues I could see happening is balancing the teams and the fact that some people kind of just have a big advantage with the perma weapons that some players who have been around longer would have that newer player wouldn't. There may be some weapons that need to be banned from use in this PVP due to fairness.

BvB revisited but instead we kill civilians!

• Agree 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

HC has had some dumb choices recently but a designated PvP takes the cake.

It'll just make the server feel like a Dark RP server or something else, also don't we want to Foster relationships with the BH, not just shoot them? 

Take Thesh away just to be a mindless PvP area is the High or idiocrocy, same as trying to bolster Navy by preventing movement, especially when any CPT+ can just type granted. You don't join Naval to be a doorman. The only way I see for Naval to feel more value is if the GM program tries working with them more or if they get some sort of new unique RP that isn't tedious or annoying like bunk inspection and PTLs are.

Idk, this is how I see it, but it feel like HC are a little bit out of touch, but maybe I'm being to critical...

• Agree 2
  • Dumb 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

2 minutes ago, Gadget said:

Take Thesh away just to be a mindless PvP area is the High or idiocrocy, same as trying to bolster Navy by preventing movement, especially when any CPT+ can just type granted. You don't join Naval to be a doorman. The only way I see for Naval to feel more value is if the GM program tries working with them more or if they get some sort of new unique RP that isn't tedious or annoying like bunk inspection and PTLs are.

While I fully understand, A big part of Navy weakness I have seen is how much the faction has been nerfed when it comes to the power of the server, there isnt a single thing Navy has a leg up on clones and we want to work to fix this to make it inciting

When it comes to fixing ANYTHING on the server, i am fine with saying my thought process is not to rely on the GM program to save their bacon everytime, the GM team as someone who used to be high up on it changes and mixes every month or so, forcing them things to make 1 faction happy wont do the trick, but giving Navy tools so GM can play will do better, GM program can die tomorrow for what we know and there goes functions of the servers, I need to make sure when it comes to changes that we are giving the power to the PLAYERS, which is partially why of the thesh idea, i cant rely on the GM team 24/7

Navy are not respected on the base, every job can be done by a CPT+ and is walked over by any navy, this was talked to by members of Navy, why join when you have no power to control and manage the base when a half the server can just leave without PTL   this is just the first things me and Marvel want to change with Navy to make it more engaging for the player base, I cant just throw blame at the GM everytime a part of the server struggles, I will always focus on the day to day operation, us doing the PTL changes aren't the solution its not even the start of what we wanna do, but this sets the tone of what we want the direction to navy to be, to have respect and give the power back to them and give people a reason to join and get promoted in the faction

with this we have been toying with a PVP idea also partially cause of player reason, we noticed players either fucking hate PVP or love it, and we want to have a way to have a place to have PVP while having a divide for the area, I dont see this as HC being out of touch, i see this as we are trying to tackle things we know the community fights about and work with the community to try to make it the best part of it.

Edited by Mazen
  • Dumb 1

Honestly the whole PvP stuff sounds fun. There's a LOT we can do with it. Batallion vs Batallion Batallion vs Jedi Jedi vs Jedi heck we can even possibly do Jedi vs Sith maybe so all the jedi order can get used to fighting them and such. And maybe we can even have a tournament with the PvP to have that batallion declare as champions for a month or something

Concerning the proposed PVP zone:
If you want braindead PVP  just go claim a SIM room and do it there. Personally, I believe we should be striving to create more interactive and meaningful roleplay, having a chunk of the map dedicated to faction PVP really wouldn't do anything to improve roleplay on the server. 

Personally I dislike the PVP focus on the BH side of the civilian faction in general, that is a different conversation for the most part. But this change would remove Thesh from the playable area for me, and people like me, who do not enjoy the faction PVP gameplay and who do not wish to take part in it. This may sound like dream come true to people who like to PVP, but for people who prefer the roleplay this would just be a reason to avoid Thesh, or whatever other area is chosen, like the plague.

If this is must be added, it should not be 24/7, the map is small and Thesh is needed for most events. It may be possible to have it somewhere in sector 2, but even then you are taking away parts of the map that our creative GM's need. Without the event server the GM team have had to make use of every inch of this map to continue to make new, fun and engaging events that do not feel repetitive. 

Regardless of where you stand on the discussion between PVP and RP, this does hold many possibilities for people breaking, abusing and complaining about the rules surrounding the PVP area. Potentially making it unenjoyable and an overall drain on the server populations happiness on the server.

I would like to hear more on this being an area for the PVP minded players to PVP and as a replacement for base/village raids. I understand the idea, but I do not know how this will change things for BH's attacking the base. How is this going to change BH roleplay? Why should BH's care and why should clones care about the zone in character? Is this just a PVP zone or is roleplay inside or outside supposed to affect it? Is the zone just a free fire zone with no ROE for either side? If there is any part of this damn essay to reply to it would be this @Mazen. Knowing how this is supposed to function and how it will affect everything outside of it is crucial in deciding whether it is wanted on the server.

With this in mind, ask yourself if  having the 24/7 PVP zone will bring you more enjoyment on the server at the end of the day.  For myself I can only see this as another part of the BH guild for me to dislike. 

• Agree 3
2 minutes ago, Col said:

I would like to hear more on this being an area for the PVP minded players to PVP and as a replacement for base/village raids. I understand the idea, but I do not know how this will change things for BH's attacking the base. How is this going to change BH roleplay? Why should BH's care and why should clones care about the zone in character? Is this just a PVP zone or is roleplay inside or outside supposed to affect it? Is the zone just a free fire zone with no ROE for either side? If there is any part of this damn essay to reply to it would be this @Mazen. Knowing how this is supposed to function and how it will affect everything outside of it is crucial in deciding whether it is wanted on the server.

Guild Lieutenant+ are the only people allowed to call full on base raids and they happen pretty rarely because so many issues happen every time one is called. So Base raids could cease to exist entirely if this was changed because a maximum of 4 people on the server can even call them. Many players, like yourself it seems, do not enjoy base raids and as a clone they are nearly impossible to avoid unless you hide in bunks.

As someone from the Civilian side who loves Base raids and PVP I think it’s a great idea, but not for 24/7. I think it should be more of a clan/group or Guild leadership decides to overtake Thesh and the republic takes it back instead of a 24/7 mindless PVP zone. Rules can be put in place for it. If you don’t want to participate then just don’t go to Thesh during that time and if you do then get your ass over there. Great idea but both Civi HC and clone HC need to set clear guidelines. Hopefully players also don’t get super pissed off when tiny rule breaks happen that made them have to respawn.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2

🌓🌙

44 minutes ago, Mazen said:

While I fully understand, A big part of Navy weakness I have seen is how much the faction has been nerfed when it comes to the power of the server, there isnt a single thing Navy has a leg up on clones and we want to work to fix this to make it inciting

When it comes to fixing ANYTHING on the server, i am fine with saying my thought process is not to rely on the GM program to save their bacon everytime, the GM team as someone who used to be high up on it changes and mixes every month or so, forcing them things to make 1 faction happy wont do the trick, but giving Navy tools so GM can play will do better, GM program can die tomorrow for what we know and there goes functions of the servers, I need to make sure when it comes to changes that we are giving the power to the PLAYERS, which is partially why of the thesh idea, i cant rely on the GM team 24/7

Navy are not respected on the base, every job can be done by a CPT+ and is walked over by any navy, this was talked to by members of Navy, why join when you have no power to control and manage the base when a half the server can just leave without PTL   this is just the first things me and Marvel want to change with Navy to make it more engaging for the player base, I cant just throw blame at the GM everytime a part of the server struggles, I will always focus on the day to day operation, us doing the PTL changes aren't the solution its not even the start of what we wanna do, but this sets the tone of what we want the direction to navy to be, to have respect and give the power back to them and give people a reason to join and get promoted in the faction

with this we have been toying with a PVP idea also partially cause of player reason, we noticed players either fucking hate PVP or love it, and we want to have a way to have a place to have PVP while having a divide for the area, I dont see this as HC being out of touch, i see this as we are trying to tackle things we know the community fights about and work with the community to try to make it the best part of it.

One of yhe underlying issues for Navy, which I half outline, is that they have very little to do and, as you said, get stepped on by CPT+ alot.

Back on the Venator, Navy had so much to do and felt vital. Ever sooner the base maps they felt less useful and just decorated doorman 

• Agree 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

34 minutes ago, Col said:

It would be a PVP Zone, unless a GM claimed, think point owns it

I want to emphaize that the rules we are still trying to outline, the point of this is to gauge does the community want it, there is no point for me wasting like 2 hours sitting in a channel with HC if no one wants it, thats why i want us to focus the topic would you guys want a PVP area and go from there

Edited by Mazen
  • Informative 1

If Thesh is to be considered a PvP zone, I agree that it shouldn't be 24/7, it should only be like that during downtime which can be an interesting activity for some people and gives insentive to either hop on their Bounty Hunter or their clone. Hell, it opens up to some friendly competition. 

• Agree 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

1 hour ago, Mystic said:

BvB revisited but instead we kill civilians!

pretty much yeah though the civilians are bounty Hunters that are very much killers most the time and a well armed rebel militia fighting against GOVERNMENT TYRANNY. XD

1 hour ago, Mazen said:

Please give reasoning for your votes if you do vote on the poll! I want to understand and engage with yall to ensure we are having good discourse! 

1 hour ago, Mantu said:

Another idea addition. could have more than just control point could also have death matches and other various popular PVP game modes so that the wars do become repetitive and boring from week too week or however often you planned to do it but i wouldn't do it more than once a week in my opinion I would make it once every 2 weeks especially if there ends up being some sort of passive boost for controlling Thesh or possibly other outposts. i kinda like the idea of a passive benefit whatever it may be and the idea of multiple outposts could give different boosts for each outpost controlled to the winning faction. i have no idea what those benefits could be but im sure you guys could come up with something creative or just give credits to the winning side idk.

Obviously this would be an addon to the server. But I do agree a hostile area would be great, instead of the toxic tension around base and village. But what about adding a capture point to Thesh? That way you can make the rules for example: "If Republic has it claimed and a BH steps in to claim it, then hostility can begin". Or something like that.

• Agree 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Regarding the PvP thing with Thesh, I definitely don't think it should be 24/7, I speak from experience as a Legacy MRP HA from that era, constantly killing each other got old and it showed pretty quickly, if it were to be done once in a while it may be fine but that is up to Guild HC, Clone HC, and Jedi HC to discuss.

Regarding the Navy... Oh boy.... As an insider I have been putting in a lot of work within the last month to make a difference. I know I am not the only one behind this but I can't fully blame the Game Master team as it is really difficult to include a faction that excels more on a Venator than a base map, it is damn near impossible to accommodate for everyone. I've been doing more RP (not just bunk inspections and the small RP) whether that being getting units to check on Thesh Supplies, patrolling sectors, and more. I am also been working on recruitment, I know those who I have recruited may not stay as Naval and that is their choice but within the last 48 hours I have officially recruited 7 people into Naval, which doesn't sound like a lot but in reality it is. Do I think majority of them will stay and play their Naval all the time, no, and I don't expect them to. The thing we're doing is starting small and working our way bigger, and implementing new things as we go. I'm not going into full details of everything as it is still in discussion but we're getting there. The only thing I ask, is to quit stepping on Naval and include us more, we have more use then being a glorified doorman and flight tower.

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

I think if people want to do PvP they should Host a SIM or maybe do something like the Gulag Quest we already have where you can engage in PvP at any given time with one or maybe more people. I don't see PvP being that Popular to begin with, as there has neither been a BvB in a while nor any SIM or Training that involves PvP. Another issue is that even with rules there is most likely gonna be a lot of problems with RDM or misunderstandings between two Parties that might cause unneccecary Drama.

Open PvP: No - Arena PvP like the Gulag: Yes.

Sim rooms are already a thing and there's a reason we don't do pvp fests very often in there except to fill training quotas.

And if your top solution to making civilians less boring and easier for clones to interact with is just an rdm area then it's not looking good for civies.

• Agree 2

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Forum Admin

Better to have this as a 1 off event / encounter that happens semi-regularly; rather than 24/7.

People already don't take the "Civilian" faction seriously, and I firmly believe this won't help. I see no way in which this resolves any issues, besides a few individuals desires to PVP.

• Pay Respect 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Banned

I strongly believe the civilian faction needs a much more firm hand then it's being offered.

PvP, while in theory seems fun, will lead to a spiral of toxicity in the community between the civilian faction and the republic. If you want the civilian faction to have a chance to make an impression on the player base, then you need them to have access to in game functions that will increase how they operate ten fold. Examples have been offered in the past, and shrugged off as "too darkRP" by some, but what should be discussed maturely and in a spotlight is the ability for civilians to work in all sorts of fields.

Selling weapons that could possibly last as long as a day, making and distributing stims, and other things that do infact take notes from DarkRP. Why is it a bad thing to take notes from darkrp? There is a reason it's on top. It has core functionality that adds a level of grinding to a server, and can make certain jobs fun or exciting. I can tell that you all have a very weird view on darkRP features, and what you all probably have coming to your minds is an RDM, minge filled server.

Are we that? Will we turn into that by granting civilians access to core features that can only improve their faction? No, no we won't. This issue is both rooted in development, as much as it is the people willing to step up in the faction and bring something unique to the table. And even still, they can't really do that when they don't get any support on both an infrastructure or development end.

Civilians as a faction have so so much potential. Then again, this all may already be happening. I don't play, I don't know how they're doing or what they're doing, but I know how bounty hunter used to be treated, and if it's still the same way, it won't stand a chance.

But back on topic, PvP at thesh isn't a good idea. Just bring back dueling or something if you wanna fight people, hell, there's still dueling arenas on the map and a dungeon that's likely not being used much!

Edited by Jayarr
  • Winner 8

I concur with Jayarr here. It will lead to additional problems regarding the Civilian faction and the Republic factions. PvP is fun in theory, but I believe it will only partially be used or used for about a week and then the novelty of it will fall off. Plus, by using Thesh, it limits the space that GMs have for events/encounters/whatever. If we want PvP, why don't we fix the dueling system that isn't being used? We also have SIM Rooms for that for the people that enjoy it.

We have features on the server that we don't use. Instead of coming up with something new, let's revitalize what we already have.

Former 41st GC REGL XO Tetra | Former Cin Drallig x2 | Former Serra Keto x2 | Former Branch Overseer Former Mace Windu

41st CMD Tetra

15 hours ago, Mantu said:

There may be some weapons that need to be banned from use in this PVP due to fairness.

Clone tears when a NT-242c or kyber rifle come out 😂. (not a dig at you but just something I find funny) however I don’t agree with limiting anything in a pvp zone. 

As an avid supporter of enhanced gameplay experiences for Civilian players, there needs to be a comprehensive system that allows them to engage in diverse crafting activities, ranging from medicinal items to narcotic substances etc…and potentially, weapons in the future. I concur with Jayaars' observation that this will necessitate a fundamental overhaul of the faction, with inspiration drawn from successful game modes such as DarkRP or Arma 3 Life. An idea I have briefly mentioned before involves designated harvesting zones, NPC vendors, and a nuanced system of trade-offs that will incentivize players to take calculated risks.

Ultimately, CIV players require more engaging activities, and the implementation of this system would not only cater to their needs but also attract new players to the server, increasing its appeal and longevity

Edited by Dennis
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Dumb 3

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

15 hours ago, Mazen said:

-PTL Rules

Navy needs more power on the server to give them what they need to do, they need to operate the base, we wanted to cut down on the amount of AWOL the server has been having and in general want to focus on making sure Navy can mange people coming in and out, we restricted leaving without PTL and put everyone in the same playing field, CPT+ can still grant permission 

Thesh is a 24/7 PVP Zone for the server

Personally, I believe that the door patrol that Naval is going to become with all this isn't the right way to take their faction. Restricting PTL, and making it so you have to rely on Naval for entry and exit should there not be an event going on atm, makes it feel wrong. Also, to bring Naval back, you probably need people interested in it, and if you want people interested, having Naval's main priorities being running the entry and exit of the base and occasionally flight, makes it unappealing even for me.

For Thesh as a PVP zone, isn't the smartest idea, the map is incredibly small in comparison to Anaxes, and with what limited room we have now it doesn't make sense. With events either taking place between different sectors, specifically at thesh, expanding upon the map, and even UNDER the map. Genuinely, taking away one of the main event locations of sector one wouldn't make sense, unless the map gets a third sector, or possibly just gets bigger, taking away Thesh would only hurt in the long run.

Former: 187th 1stLT | 104th 1st LT Warthog | 2ndACC REGL CPT Barlex

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Dennis said:

Clone tears when a NT-242c or kyber rifle come out 😂. (not a dig at you but just something I find funny) however I don’t agree with limiting anything in a pvp zone. 

As an avid supporter of enhanced gameplay experiences for Civilian players, there needs to be a comprehensive system that allows them to engage in diverse crafting activities, ranging from medicinal items to narcotic substances etc…and potentially, weapons in the future. I concur with Jayaars' observation that this will necessitate a fundamental overhaul of the faction, with inspiration drawn from successful game modes such as DarkRP or Arma 3 Life. An idea I have briefly mentioned before involves designated harvesting zones, NPC vendors, and a nuanced system of trade-offs that will incentivize players to take calculated risks.

Ultimately, CIV players require more engaging activities, and the implementation of this system would not only cater to their needs but also attract new players to the server, increasing its appeal and longevity

We got a Thesaurus Rex over here

PVP just causes a load of fights and arguments and arrests and headaches. I don't think it's worth all the annoyance of that stuff. I'm against it personally

Edited by Mavelle

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

• Management
1 hour ago, Fars said:

Personally, I believe that the door patrol that Naval is going to become with all this isn't the right way to take their faction. Restricting PTL, and making it so you have to rely on Naval for entry and exit should there not be an event going on atm, makes it feel wrong. Also, to bring Naval back, you probably need people interested in it, and if you want people interested, having Naval's main priorities being running the entry and exit of the base and occasionally flight, makes it unappealing even for me.

The PTL changes were by no means a solution to Naval's problems. It's a step towards giving them more power to run the base but ultimately we have much more planned for the faction that is currently in the works. For the most part the changes were more made to crack down on the amount of troopers that went AWOL or just left the base to leave the base. Ever since we moved to Onderon the main gate has been a construct of our imagination because nobody acts like it's there, troopers and civilians alike.

CPT+ can still accept PTLs so it isn't reliant on Naval to leave the base. Also you can just comms in that you are leaving if there's an active combat scenario so nobody will be prevented from participating in events. I've seen a lot of people talk like these changes were made solely to revive Naval and that isn't the case at all. Just one very small step that could help but we had other reasons. We have much more in the works.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

If theres pizza ill +1 

Former 327th Former DU Officer x2 Former 501st TC Last ATKO Former Blackout and Shortest JetFormer 41st GCD Cooker Former CIS Droideka Former 104th Wolpack Lead Warthog 212th GC Jedi Knight Siri Tachi 

"Certified Clover Crew Member"-Lucky IKEA Squad 2019-Omalic