Adding New Alpha ARCs to Rancor

Stix

Name: Stix

RP Rank: XO

Suggestion: As Rancor, we believe that having both Stec and Sull will allow for a dynamic change within the Alpha Class Arcs. Alphas are currently undermanned by 2 job slots in relation to sub regiments for example Torrent Company which now has 9 named jobs within its sub unit.

Alphas are having traction recently  and having 2 more slots allows for more possibilities for troopers to become alphas.

Having both a heavy and a tech addition to alphas will allow for a more structured roleplaying experience and a good infrastructure for alphas overall.

As seen below, the kits are outlined there and will provide the standard Alpha class equipment with the addition of a Z6 to Stec and fusion cutters and datapad to Sull

Implementation: Adding 2 new jobs to the Alpha ARCs

Lore: 
Stec - This was an Advanced Recon Commando who was an Alpha Lieutenant who fought in the GAR. Stec participated in one key battle that being the battle of Hypori with the Muunilinst 10 where they were sent to resuce the surviving Jedi Knight from General Grievous

Sull - Alpha-30 was an Advanced Recon Commando who was an Alpha Lieutenant who fought in the GAR. Sull was most known for being deployed to Gaftikar in which he was assigned to train the disenfranchised Marit population as a rebel army in order to overthrow Gaftikars human-baised goverment

Workshop content if applicable

(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put “Require Development”)

Add or Change: Add Stec

(Any job modification requires all this information)
Job: Alpha-36

Slots: 1

Description: The Alpha-class Advanced Recon Commandos were a group of 100 Advanced Recon Commandos created from Jango Fett’s DNA by the cloners of Kamino’

Model: models/kylejwest/synergyroleplay/alpha/sr3dalphaarctrooper/sr3dalphaarctrooper.mdl

(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/syergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu))

Weapons:
Westar - rw_sw_westarm5

Dual DC-17s- rw_sw_dual_dc17

Wrist Blaster - rw_sw_wristblaster_heavy_blue

Jet pack - sent_boosterpack

Z-6 - rw_sw_z6

DC-15a - rw_sw_dc15a_o

DC-15s - rw_sw_dc15s

(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Other: N/A

Add or Change: Add Sull

(Any job modification requires all this information)
Job: Alpha-30

Slots: 1

Description: The Alpha-class Advanced Recon Commandos were a group of 100 Advanced Recon Commandos created from Jango Fett’s DNA by the cloners of Kamino’

Model: models/kylejwest/synergyroleplay/alpha/sr3dalphaarctrooper/sr3dalphaarctrooper.mdl

(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/syergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu))

Weapons:

Westar - rw_sw_westarm5

Dual Pistols - rw_sw_dual_dc17

Wrist Blaster - rw_sw_wristblaster_heavy_blue

DC-15a - rw_sw_dc15a_o

DC-15s - rw_sw_dc15s

Jetpack - sent_boosterpack

Fusion Cutter - alydus_fusioncutter

Datapad - weapon_hacktab
Ability to buy hack tools
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Other: N/A

Edited by Stix
  • Management
Management

Updating to a -1

After thinking about it some more and looking over the subunits it really isn't fair to compare Alpha to groups like Torrent Company, Havoc Squad, etc numbers wise. The entirety of Alpha have jetpacks and westars which honestly put them above other subunits and I don't believe we should add onto the number of jobs with jetpacks and westars and if we did it should be the two Null jobs that just got removed.

Edited by Marvel
Changed vote

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 More content is better in my opinion! 

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

I don't see this being needed as you just want to be as special as Torrent Company tbh. Couldn't you just remove the "IR" and "ALL" from your current Alphas and changing the specialization's around? Just my opinion on this.

45 minutes ago, Stormzyyy said:

I don't see this being needed as you just want to be as special as Torrent Company tbh. Couldn't you just remove the "IR" and "ALL" from your current Alphas and changing the specialization's around? Just my opinion on this.

Just to bring this up, Alpha is also smaller than the following subunits.
Wolfpack
Havoc Squad
Torrent company.

The rest are either equal or less, the thing is that outside of CG, the rest of them have 2 subunits resulting in more WL in total.

So the only battalion with an actually equal number of Sub-Unit WL is CG Diplomatic Services.

This is beyond us "Just wanting to be as special as Torrent Company." We want the extra slots that other subunits are granted.

Anyways, +1 I green lit this.

Edited by Mitchell

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

-1 nah chief. These reasons are pretty bland. It's comparable to wanting to add Delta 42 to Delta Squad since Bad Batch has five, so Delta should have 5.

Also your issues with specializations is kinda pointless. Your tech guy is Maze. You don't need another.

On top of that. You will need to make / add on to the current models the server has. And doing so needs the permission of all the previous makers. Not to mention the time it would take to do it and get founder approval on it.

Technically. Nate is your heavy because of his PLX. But not really. You could probably push for Nate to get the Z6 as well. But a whole suggestion based around that would be useless.

I'm a big Alpha activist. But an addition like this won't change anything. I can't believe I'm saying this. But I would rather see an addition to Rancor instead of Alpha

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

On top of that. You will need to make / add on to the current models the server has. And doing so needs the permission of all the previous makers. Not to mention the time it would take to do it and get founder approval on it.

He's suggesting to use the already existing models on server, we don't use the name tag anyways so its not a big deal.

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

Just now, Mitchell said:

He's suggesting to use the already existing models on server, we don't use the name tag anyways so its not a big deal.

I tried the same thing bro. Trust me I tried

• Agree 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Forum Admin

This, to be honest, will add little to know ¨roleplay¨ advantages, considering you already have these to RP positions filled (Maze and Nate). Reasoning is quite lackluster and general forethought, even less. 

-1, I think developer time can be put towards something much more useful.

Edited by Guac
  • Confused 2

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1 If they feel like having these two more slots would assist their subunit, I'm all for it. The fairness with other subunits was already addressed above so I approve.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

-1 wah wah wah cry cry we no have same number as large battalions that’s aren’t dead. 

oh sorry did I say that, gotta get the activity and numbers up only alpha I’ve seen is malore and that’s pretty infrequent. Dumb me all you want but this generally isn’t needed, that’s coming as the former bcmd 

• Disagree 1
  • Optimistic 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

4 minutes ago, Dennis said:

-1 wah wah wah cry cry we no have same number as large battalions that’s aren’t dead. 

oh sorry did I say that, gotta get the activity and numbers up only alpha I’ve seen is malore and that’s pretty infrequent. Dumb me all you want but this generally isn’t needed, that’s coming as the former bcmd 

Literally all of our Alphas were on yesterday at one point or another...
the only Alpha I don't see at least every day atm is Hades and Lerona. Who are both on LOA...
This is probably a time zone difference Dennis, your work schedule probably makes you miss them.

• Winner 3

Kinda playing devils advocate here to get some answers.

So most Squad based subunits have 8 Slots or less. This would be WolfPack, Havoc Squad, and etc.
I was wondering where you got the bases that you are lesser then the current set when new squads such as Improcco and Red Squadron have 5 slots and others also have 7?

Secondly, Would the Specializations for the new and current members be shuffled or re-organized? Are we doubling up roles? Just strange to see someone else get similar roles to say Maze for example.

Just a curiosity and I will not be voting. Just wish other squad based subunits that claim Alpha is inactive would also do the same and be active :D

I did things for the server. idk what you want from me.

10 hours ago, Dennis said:

Fordo and 17 are on practically every day. They just finished accepting Alpha apps. Malore is on frequently. The rest of the arcs still get on often enough.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

• Coordinator
Coordinator

My thing with this,
To me Alpha ARC and TC are on the same playing field, As all of alpha get Westars and jetpacks which is pre damn good,
So they make up for a number or two in their kits,
So i dont really see a need to add more personally,

• Agree 7

Honestly. I like alpha but I don’t think this is the right move. With your kits, your already more op than any RC trooper excluding Null. I really don’t think you need more slots for something so powerful that is balanced by being low in number. Alpha is active so there really shouldn’t be a need for more of them running around. It’s already enough of a headache as is to account for alphas full capability during events as a game master as well. 2 more of them would give me a migraine. 

honestly out of all of the battalions I think RC needs more love, their kits just got knocked down to the ground. Unless I see some more justification on why Alpha needs to have more slots, it’s gonna be a 

• Agree 1

spacer.png

I kinda see the comment in activity BUT I have seen plenty of Rancor on in my timezone sooo...

Also, its odd for people to compare sub units, all sub units are different and you should measure up yours to the rest of then you end up with sub units one up-ing each other.

But, from my view, this will help them out.

+1

• Confused 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

On 5/25/2021 at 8:56 PM, Marvel said:

Updating to a -1

After thinking about it some more and looking over the subunits it really isn't fair to compare Alpha to groups like Torrent Company, Havoc Squad, etc numbers wise. The entirety of Alpha have jetpacks and westars which honestly put them above other subunits and I don't believe we should add onto the number of jobs with jetpacks and westars and if we did it should be the two Null jobs that just got removed.

Agreed. I really believe the Alpha Arcs are near one of the broken squads with their kits. Adding more makes them even better. Even then I think Alpha ARC has a good number of people within there squad, even though they may not have as much as the other squads, they have kits that equal it out -1

Edited by Slak

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

I’m gonna remain neutral now don’t take this down because here is my honest opinion, I think adding one alpha arc would be fine and the compensation for not getting the other is that you get the ARC kit and the z6 or whatever the tech guy has. I think that also I don’t know if this was stated is that all those other subunit s have like default trooper kit except Wolfpack who get jet packs so adding 9 alphas with arc kits and jet packs would be kinda ridiculous 

Certified Giga Chad

56 minutes ago, Cox said:

I’m gonna remain neutral now don’t take this down because here is my honest opinion, I think adding one alpha arc would be fine and the compensation for not getting the other is that you get the ARC kit and the z6 or whatever the tech guy has. I think that also I don’t know if this was stated is that all those other subunit s have like default trooper kit except Wolfpack who get jet packs so adding 9 alphas with arc kits and jet packs would be kinda ridiculous 

They don't get the full ARC kit, only the Westar. This was changed a while back when I was valiant the first time to help balance it out.

• Informative 1

-1 Just because you don't have enough whitelists, that doesn't mean you should get 2 brand new characters that have some of the most broken loadouts on the server. Also talking about other subunits isn't very comparable. They are mostly basic trooper loadouts other than wolfpack which get jetpacks like cox said

• Winner 2

🌓🌙

I dont see how the load out would be an issue in this matter. 

Reason being that there is no difference between a Rancor Jet trooper and an Alpha Class ARC.

Yes, alphas have extra equipment, for example a medkit.

But other than that, an addition of a Z6 or tech equipment would not make Alpha any more OP technically.

As having 2 more jet troopers would have the same affect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1