Willyworm1

Steam Name: Willyworm1

RP Name: Willy

RP Rank: Executive Officer

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:88673790

Regiment you are applying for: Specialized Regiment

Experience:

327th (PVT-CSM)

When I first joined the server I literally spent the first day Crouch walking around the base exploring the areas that I was allowed to enter, by the end of the day I decided I was going to join Shock the next day. When the next day came around I was going to do the tryouts, but I stumbled upon the 327th when they were getting ready for sims, I asked if I could join the sim and they said "sorry it's 327th only, but if you want, you can join the 327th and jump in the next round with us", at which point I responded, "I'll probably fail them, but I'll give it the good old try". After the tryouts, I passed and became a member of the 327th Star Corps. Working Hard I made it up to SPC and decided to join the Medical branch, I got my training's for it and I took a tryout to join and made it in, I had always felt like medic was a great job because you get to give support and allow the rest of the players to keep fighting. Over the span of like 5 promotions I ended up going for the MEDO position and was accepted, I assisted Cannon with the Medical branch to make sure it stayed strong, and it did. I got promoted almost as quick as my cool-downs were ending. my drive and dedication was being seen by the Officers and was being commended. While at that point I was focused on getting as many training's as possible, which meant I was convinced to heavy lead and jet lead to train me in it but not switch me to the regiment. The only Qualification I never got at this time was ARC, but i was alright with that because my focus was to get a lot, not necessarily all of them.

327th (WO-CPT)

Getting to WO was an important turning point for my job because this was around the time when I was looking at battalion specific groups. I decided that I wanted to work in the Intel group and the Discipline group, so I started talking to the directors of them and made my way into the ranks of it. These were really helpful because I could properly lead others and give them the correct punishments when they caused problems. While being these ranks, I worked on making a name for myself in the 327th beyond what I already was seen as. I began working with Enlisted and Junior NCOs to improve their abilities and make them better in the battalion. More so I worked on helping the other regiments where they needed it. The work I did helped me sharpen my leadership skills and made the rest of the battalion respect me as a person and not just because of my rank. While being a Junior Officer, I often reached out to other battalions for joint sims or I pushed my subordinates in patrols and sims as well. This phase went fairly quickly because of my established leadership in the battalion.

327th (MAJ-COL)

As a Senior officer I began to step back from specific regiments and instead work towards being the Regimental Lead of the battalion. I slowly picked out people that I thought would be great leaders of each regiment and worked on strengthening their regiments by putting them in charge. As well I did more event leading and sims to keep the battalions skills sharp. This is where I started reaching out to other groups and asked for their advice on things as well as gave other battalion officers advice and information on issues that they were or would soon have to deal with. The promotions were much slower than because of the natural focus on lower ranks and trying to get them to be good members of the battalion, but I stayed strong and continued to work with the other officers that had staff ranks to improve our training. During the senior officer phase, I would also help with Events as a job (mostly in Dennis' events) so that i could get some RP moments with the 327th and possibly help motivate them to be involved in the events as a battalion, this also helped me see how they work without me around and how they RP and use communication in game.

327th Commander

This is that rank I have been for the longest out of them all (166 days spent at that rank). while being the Commander of the 327th I made sure I was available and approachable so that the rest of the battalion could function properly. I was a Commander for Poe, Tripoli, and Jayarr. While in this position we received news that we would be getting new models, one of which would be an ARF Trooper. Since I was REGL I started by contacting the 91st, the ARFL, and their REGL on what is needed and how we can/should get this going (because they were in charge of ARF AND 327th didn’t have ARFs until then). We began a doc for tryouts and prepared an application docs for the ARF command positions. The first ARFO later quit before the models were added, but the current ARFL was chosen and will soon get the models so we can get the group up and running. My work as a Commander helped the correct people get promotions and made sure that the minges were reprimanded or removed to keep the battalions status better. Finally after a Long LOA I had in the summer I returned and began to get good members into regimental positions so that they could lead the regiments properly and improve them.

327th Executive Officer

I received this rank shortly after Loopy received Bly as he decided he wanted me to be his second in command. While being the 2IC of 327th, I made sure that the Leads of each regiment were chosen carefully and without indecision. As well, I had spent my time working through the ranks as a staff in order to be able to make training for my men and other battalions. Working as an XO has given me the chance to settle issues between people within the battalion and ensure that the officers are able to take charge and lead the NCOs without issue. As well I have been putting forward votes on changes recently in order to find what we all agree on. My time so far has been shorter than when I was a commander, but I have had slightly different responsibilities as an executive officer.

Battalion Commander Bly

Though my term was not able to be complete, while I was in command of the 327th as it's last Bly, I spent many hours in my first week sorting through documents and training that people didn't really use in the past. I can honestly say that there was quite an issue with the amount of people that had access to stuff they shouldn't. Once the topic of training and roster based documents became a non issue, I moved on to the teamwork and leadership of my officers. When picking my officers for promotions and positions I can honestly say that I had some great commanders and officers by my side to make sure the 327th ran smoothly. It was hard work for everyone to rebuild the 327th, but everyone (Active and ex members) helped how they could. Before the removal of the 327th, the numbers actually began to steadily increase, what i learned is that cool weapons and buffs are only partly important when it comes to getting members, i realized as a BCMD that you need to have friendly, respectful, and reliable members/officer (and an active BCMD).

Doom's Unit LTC-COL

When I decided to transfer to DU, I was offered the rank of LTC. Though I feel like it took time to adjust to a new battalion, I have enjoyed the DU and all its members. When I first started out I obviously was feeling like shit because I had just lost the battalion that I spent just over a year playing on as a clone, and I knew I would either have to suck it up or become inactive. In this position I did what I learned to do from my past experiences, which was just be a good leader. It seemed to have caught the DU high command's eyes because they granted the rank of Colonel. While in this position I was working on getting my old training's back and getting to know the workings of the battalion.

Doom's Unit Commander

When I received the rank of commander, I was asked which area I would like to be in charge of (the opened position was Infrastructure). I wasn't the most excited about it and to be quite honest i was a bit confused. Not long after, my little drill practices caught Trixx's eye and he told me that he liked that training I was doing. At that point in time I was already working on a drill document for the 327th (which nothing became of it because I was stuck trying to decide on how I would format the document based off of different drill movements for different countries).

Doom's Unit 2LT-COL

After returning to the server, I was given back an officer rank in Doom's unit in order to assist them with the task of strengthening the battalion. Working with Slak and making sure he had a strong officer that he could count on to get things done was my job at the start. We received the AV-7 as a vehicle training to host for the server and made sure the rules were fair but not too nerf'd. For the most part I was working on rebuilding myself on the server for the people who didn't know or remember me. After a while things started feeling slow and I was feeling less useful, but I kept going.

Doom's Unit Commander and Executive Officer

I help Slak with deciding new people to be placed in leadership positions and we started increasing the numbers even more than before. I gave slak advice on what he should and shouldn't do as BCMD and ended up working quite well with the members of Dooms Unit as a whole. There were minor issues along the way, but they were all resolved with openness between all parties. Once Slak was no longer BCMD it became my job to watch over DU until the next Doom was picked. Now at this point I am now working with Flip, Skitz, and Squee and can honestly say that I have confidence that leaving is the right thing to do.

Why should you become a Regimental Commander?:  

In all honesty, I tried for this position once before, but was bested by another individual. Since that time I have increased the amount of time on the server and continued doing what I always do, regardless of my rank. After being back on the server I have gotten to know how certain battalions work again and how many of the server members act. I am approachable and I am able to look at most issues from the point of view of both parties, I don't think about my opinion on a matter and just stick with that regardless. I don't think that I am better than other people, but I know what it feels like to be treated poorly by higher ranks and what it feels like to achieve things despite people trying to keep me from reaching my goals. I'm able to accommodate people based on their needs and I don't think in terms of how something can benefit me as much as I think in terms of how something can benefit my subordinates. But most importantly, what I think a regimental commander needs is to be willing to take their fellow players' opinions in order to better the regiment, which I think I can do.

Though this is not server experience, as a Gmod player, I have been on numerous servers before this one. Before joining the server I worked on an MRP server where I joined the US Army. Upon joining I slowly worked way up and trained new members for the army, As I ended and retired from the Army, I left as a General (second highest rank on the server) and left it with a strong officer corps of capable soldiers and a standard of doing 3 training's daily as a requirement for them. as well i joined the Green berets which was an elite group.

When it comes to work ethics, I will work towards things until they are done (unless IRL gets in the way). I am not one to beat around the bush with people when it comes down to it, I am a "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" kind of guy that wants to see my group improve and advance to the level it should be. My persistence to get through to people and make sure everyone understands where I am at in terms of what I want. I am a clear person when it comes to things I care about and I don't believe that obstacles should stop people from reaching what they want. Yes, there is no such thing as perfection, and I am probably far from it, but no one will ever know if it exists if we don't try our best.

Do you understand the lore of your regiment?: Yes.

Availability:

All of these times are based on a perfect situation (i.e. if something comes up, I have connection problems, if university gets harder, or if there are out of control situations. I will let people know though):

Monday: 13:00-17:00 CST

Tuesday: 13:00-17:00 CST

Wednesday: 13:00-20:00 CST

Thursday: 13:00-17:00 CST

Friday: 13:00-22:00 CST

Saturday: 11:00-15:00 CST

Sunday: 11:00-15:00 CST

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:

327th MEDO

327th Commander

327th Regimental Lead

327th Executive Officer A'den

Battalion Commander Bly

Doom's Unit Commander x2

Doom's Unit Disciplinary Lead x2

Doom's Unit Executive Officer

Senator Lux Bonteri x2

Senior Admin

Game Master

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your regiment to be at the end of your term?:

I think the answer to this is not an easy one, as most people give the same response, but I want the regiments battalions to be working side by side regularly by the end of my term and I want to be leaving the term knowing full well that it is in a better state then the start of my term, even if it is just a marginal improvement. I know the problems that face DU and I understand, even if just at the surface, the problems that CG is faced with from day to day (especially since I work with them as a senator), but I want to know what the 21st needs help with and make sure it happens, and I spoken with the current Bacara about it already. These are lofty goals, but I have to try if I want to succeed.

How do you plan to improve relations within your regiment?:

Firstly, in order to improve relations, I need to make sure each battalion is strong individually. I know DU can work on its own and be self-sufficient, and I know that CG is very capable in doing their jobs as well as keeping their activity up to a consistent and predictable level. This brings me to 21st, from what I've seen in the brief days that I have been in their channel, listening to how they work together, how their leadership and communications are, I can honestly say that they have a ton of potential with the current members. My goal will be to showcase their skills more and more in order to drive up their numbers, at which point they will be able to benefit the republic and the specialized regiment more. The abilities that they get should make them a very favorable battalion, but for some reason they aren't getting the same traffic they used to. This is only the first step, but I do have more plans that I will share with the HC and directors.

My second idea involves the drill document I have been leaving and picking up on and off. I won't go too much in depth like my first, but I have been told by others that the drill that I hold for people is fun and decent for team building, so I believe that will help. Not only can this be useful for teamwork, but also for friendly competition by having squads made up of a mix of battalions or just separated by battalions to compete in drill competitions that test their synchronization. 

Thirdly, I think that the only way that people can truly work together is by airing out any issues they have with each other in order to understand their counterparts point of view. To this end I want to start making the regiment do more mass joint training and work together in mixed squads so that the strengths of each battalion can support the weaknesses. I've also thought about the idea of letting each battalion in the regiment see what it's like to be in their comrades battalions, but that's a secret for later.

Lastly, I want to teach them the usefulness of each of their battalions first hand and have them brainstorm ideas for formations or battle strategies that use the strength of all three battalions to its advantage in a unique way. On many occasions I have had people say during trainings, "do you're shield thing" or "do whatever it is DU does.” The easiest way to alleviate that and make people understand the usefulness of each other is by teaching them and having them think of creative solutions to problems.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your regimental commander rank?: Yes

• Agree 1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

+1

Great guy. He has a set amount of goals that I am sure that Chilly will complete. Good luck chilly!

• Friendly 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Cox said:

+1 sheeeeeshhhhh anything to make sure you aren’t in the retarded snow suit 

Step 1: Get Spec Reg
Step 2: Get my second clone into 501st
Step 3: Snow suits
Step 4: Profit

Edited by Willyworm1
Step 4
  • Funny 5
  • Winner 1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

Didn't see that coming +1 . 

• Friendly 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

My core issue with this app is this: Obviously you have spoken with DU because you're the XO. With CG, your Senator has been useful is some, as you describe it, "surface level" interaction. The issue I see and notice in many spots in your app is a) the lack of actual content (2/3ish of your app is your past experience) and b) the lack of actual communication with 21st BEFORE the application.

1 hour ago, Willyworm1 said:

but I want to know what the 21st needs help with and make sure it happens

1 hour ago, Willyworm1 said:

This brings me to 21st, from what I've seen in the brief days that I have been in their channel, listening to how they work together, how their leadership and communications are, I can honestly say that they have a ton of potential with the current members.

While you mention interactions with 21st, it does not seem like you have really sold yourself to the 21st and communication on a deep level what issues exist in the 21st and how to tackle them. This is an issue because I would not want a Regimental Commander (aka HIGH COMMAND) to have gotten their position by being liked in 1 battalion. Reg is a super important position and I would like to think that the people we hold to apply for those positions have had a LOT of communication and a lot of ideas rather than "surface level" interactions with 2/3 of the Specialized Regiment.

Additionally, your app is filled with incredible filler. You talking about yourself (experiences + previous accomplishments) totals to 1833 words. You talking about why you're qualified and what you plan to do totals to 1086 words. You have spent almost double the amount on your app talking about the past than you have the time talking about present/future. 

From me, this is a -1. Unless I see active 21st throw their support at you or tell me that you have interacted with them a lot, or you feel the need to edit your app to talk more concretely about your plans, this stays a -1 from me.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

22 minutes ago, TheCyan said:

My core issue with this app is this: Obviously you have spoken with DU because you're the XO. With CG, your Senator has been useful is some, as you describe it, "surface level" interaction. The issue I see and notice in many spots in your app is a) the lack of actual content (2/3ish of your app is your past experience) and b) the lack of actual communication with 21st BEFORE the application.

While you mention interactions with 21st, it does not seem like you have really sold yourself to the 21st and communication on a deep level what issues exist in the 21st and how to tackle them. This is an issue because I would not want a Regimental Commander (aka HIGH COMMAND) to have gotten their position by being liked in 1 battalion. Reg is a super important position and I would like to think that the people we hold to apply for those positions have had a LOT of communication and a lot of ideas rather than "surface level" interactions with 2/3 of the Specialized Regiment.

Additionally, your app is filled with incredible filler. You talking about yourself (experiences + previous accomplishments) totals to 1833 words. You talking about why you're qualified and what you plan to do totals to 1086 words. You have spent almost double the amount on your app talking about the past than you have the time talking about present/future. 

From me, this is a -1. Unless I see active 21st throw their support at you or tell me that you have interacted with them a lot, or you feel the need to edit your app to talk more concretely about your plans, this stays a -1 from me.

I did infact speak with agent about it, he told me he had concerns with my notability with the members of 21st. I asked him what he would need from me and I sent him some ideas that I had for 21st that he thought were good. For the most part I would think that agent and I are in agreement with what 21st needs help with right now, that being said the activity has already gone up now that agent became BCMD.

In terms of the plans, my first step is obviously helping 21st, I'm planning on send them on more missions, giving them tasks to utilize SOs cloaks, basically making them more prominently viewed like they used to be. The usage of team building exercises in game and out of game will help strengthen the trusts.

I have an idea for a new training on the server that can be incorporated for 21st since they lost CWW, Tech, Gmact being fix I believe, and UT-AT is still broke.

17 minutes ago, Dinaric said:

How exactly do you plan to get the entire regiment working together because I know I was gonna run and get a waiver for this same position a few months ago and from my experiences in CG and 21st it’s usually hard to kinda get the regiment working together since CG only arrests and protects the Chancellor and Senators, DU and 21st specializes on shields and boarding etc etc, and I’ve had the same responses from all battalions saying that they’re usually pretty self-sufficient, and that it’s usually hard to unite the regiments together.

While I do think you have the experience and knowledge of pretty much CG and DU as you’re the current XO, this position is usually pretty hard to maintain and a lot of people resign from particularly S-RCMD. And sorta what Cyan said you should’ve talked to the 21st before creating your app too, but after I get your developed response, I’ll happily place my vote.

Talking with Flip about this, he agrees and understands that I will need to focus on 21st more than the other two units. but I want to put the join training ts channel for spec reg to actual use. along with the team building exercises I identified, the drill is a fun way of making people work together to look cool. On top of this, I hope to make mixed squads combining CG, 21st and DU during events so they can feel that they need each others help.

A big issue most definitely is that CG focuses on the base and on  VIPs, but I believe that DU is the bridge that connects CG and 21st. Doom's unit does focus on defense, but will also be at the forefront often being the wall that helps people push and progress. Therefore I have to start by connecting 21st and DU after strengthening 21st since DU and CG have worked together on different occasions, mainly in protection situations

P.S forgot to add that I plan on spending time with 21st as Lux until my app is accepted or denied, but obviously I have to respect CG with their Diplomatic services and have to be active on DU as the XO

P.P.S If either of you want to talk in TS I would be happy to discuss anything else you wish to speak about.

Edited by Willyworm1
  • Agree 1

spacer.png

• Management
Management

sheeeeeeeeesh

+1 do good Silly Willy

• Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 Im my opinion WIlly is the best fit for the position, he is very reliable, hardworking, and dedicated, any problem you throw his way he will most definitely tackle and overcome. 

A wise man once told me you cant tell a horse from a donkey unless someone tells you which ones which.

• Funny 2
  • Informative 1
  • Friendly 1

My only concern is:

Do you truly understand the position, what it entails and that it isn't always going to be as full on as you think.

Maddox, the one after me didn't complete his term as he got bored to an extent.

I was to make sure you don't go here and thus be your hill to die on for the server as you require a specific mindset for REG CMD.

As of now, I will give this advice; you are not a BCMD, you don't run 3 battalions. You endure the REG is good and advice where need be. Do not forgo your own enjoyment or worry about decisions that honestly aren't your problems.

Mainly worry about BCMDs and CMD+ of the batts to ensure the batt is okay. 

Edited by Gadget
  • Informative 2

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

9 hours ago, Gadget said:

My only concern is:

Do you truly understand the position, what it entails and that it isn't always going to be as full on as you think.

Maddox, the one after me didn't complete his term as he got bored to an extent.

I was to make sure you don't go here and thus be your hill to die on for the server as you require a specific mindset for REG CMD.

As of now, I will give this advice; you are not a BCMD, you don't run 3 battalions. You endure the REG is good and advice where need be. Do not forgo your own enjoyment or worry about decisions that honestly aren't your problems.

Mainly worry about BCMDs and CMD+ of the batts to ensure the batt is okay. 

I do understand the position and what it entails, my job would ensuring the cooperation and efficiency of the spec reg as a whole, in order to do so I need to make sure their needs are met over mine and make sure that they all have what they need in order to succeed.

I know full well that battalions have good days and bad days, but that will never deter me from being there for them.

I understand that Maddoxx got bored, but I know how to sustain myself in a way that keeps me from getting tired of being in certain positions, that's why I've only ever been in two battalions (and probably only ever been in 1 this whole time if 327th wasn't removed)

Obviously many people go into this position without thinking carefully about it, but I'm the kind of person that goes into things for the long haul, and whether I have the mindset to do this job, well theres only one way to find out.

I thank you for your advice and I will heed your words on what I should focus on, but also I learned a long time ago that my enjoyment is leading other people and helping others grow both in game and IRL.

In terms of the HC of each battalion, I trust Flip and DUs HC, I trust Odric and CGs HC, and I trust Agent and 21sts HC now that I have gotten  to know them a bit better (even if it has only been a few closer encounters in their channel so far). I think that if they do their stuff, they spec reg will do great work.

p.s. thank you for asking this

Edited by Willyworm1
added a few more things

spacer.png

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

You will be contacted by a Director or relevant High Command for your denial reason.

You may apply for another commander positions after 30 DAYS from this post.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

• Disagree 1
  • Pay Respect 2

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management