Brooklyn's Palpatine Application

Brooklyn

Steam Name: Brooklyn

RP Name: Brooklyn

RP Rank: Rear Admiral

Steam ID: 76561198352656846

Why should you become Chancellor Palpatine?:
When touching on the “why” topic, I feel the need to bring up everything as this position requires me to lay everything out in detail.

Dedication - I have been playing Synergy since Feb. 2019 and during that time I have never left. My longest time away being about 19 days. I have seen the rise, fall, and the second coming of this community. While time around doesn’t equate to actual ability, I have tried utilizing my time here to best assist the server in the best ways that I can. Every area I go to in this server (Battalions or Factions), I always intend to leave with a net positive. Meaning that when my term or time is up, the battalion / faction has benefitted for the long term from me being around.

Maturity - In a majority of situations I am put into or I put myself in, I always attempt to have things resolved with as little conflict as possible. I make sure that whatever situation I am involved in, that all parties are satisfied with the outcome, or at the very least, understanding the reasoning. However I will say that regardless of how I go about things, I do know how to have fun and can tell the difference between malice and a good time. I can be talked to in a professional manner and can take criticism without freaking out. How can you improve if you reject input? I have proven to be mature on many occasions, whether it’s dealing with staff issues or being BCMD+, as both require a decent amount of maturity in their own right. Being part of High Staff and holding 8 Applicable positions previously makes you learn and pick things up over time. 

Activity - The amount of time I spend on the server is fairly high. It’s basically a daily routine where I get on right after getting home and spend a majority of the day playing. Pushing roughly 120+ hours every 2 week period. Playing or being in TS is never an issue for me and I pride myself on being as available as possible. Because of this, I never have to worry about filling quotas or not being around as I’m always there in game, in ts, or on my phone.

Experience - As stated before, I have been here about 4 ½ years and in that time I have managed to gain a lot of useful experience through the positions I have held. My time as Gree taught me the most valuable lesson about not being pressured to apply for something that won’t be the best for me, and treating others I may have problems with with respect. Also to hash my issues out so we can all have a fun experience, as this is a game. Within Rancor, which is where I spent the most amount of time in at a whopping 2 YEARS, I learned the hard discipline, professionalism, punctuality, and dedication required to run the Battalion / ARC Program. 104th for me was a rough road as I lacked confidence in myself to run a battalion after my time as Gree. Due to this being my biggest failure in the community. However, I ended up running 104th as Wolffe after a helpful push from the battalion / Foreseen and had one of the most successful runs in my career. Lacking confidence was a severe issue I had, but I managed to regain it after giving BCMD another try. The final one I will touch on is my time as Guild Lead / Governor. I learned a lot from my time in the BH Faction, but the biggest thing was how to handle being not in the Republic. It’s no secret BH had it rough. RDM, Meta-gaming, unjust treatment, etc. Not saying that it didn’t go both ways, but BH got the most of it. Handling all the complaints and fixing rules to avoid future issues was a tall task since it was a daily occurrence. I was Guild Lead for 7 months and there wasn’t a day that I wasn’t busy.

Trust - I feel as though this is a trait that should be most present in a Palpatine. You could take this multiple ways, but this is how I refer to it.

One being someone that others can go to for advice on a potential change/addition, or just general advice on things that they may need help with. I’ve built up a good reputation on being approachable on a plethora of subjects and also provide good insight.
    The second way is being in someone's corner. The biggest help a Palpatine can give is by backing up their Faction Lead’s when they make a decision and need to enforce it among the playerbase. I know I can do this as previously being in charge of two Factions and assisting the third, I understand how some things can be blown out of proportion or detested. Sometimes the best thing for a group comes with a hard decision. And I’m all for controversial opinions.
    The last way applies to Palpatine and its superiors, the Directors. One thing Directors want is someone who they can trust to get things done, and not procrastinate for weeks on end. I am able to fulfill this need as I hate not staying busy. 

Ability - This relates to a few things about me. I have the ability to be a great fixer, as well as able to problem solve with relative ease. I am also able to multitask effectively, currently switching between Naval, Command business, and Jedi. These 3 traits have improved over time and have helped me get where I am today. These are qualities every High Command Member must have to ensure they can do their job without stress or constant issue. Being proficient in these areas would be a great help in dealing with the factions, which tend to have more complex issues than standard battalions. Something that will be stated later in this application are positions I will most likely step away from so I can be as active as possible.

Availability:
In Game:
Monday - Friday:  5pm - 11:30pm EST
Saturday & Sunday: 9am - 12am EST

Discord:
My job allows me to be on my phone pretty much all day. So I am basically available 17 hours a day for 7 days a week. Only time I am not is when I am sleeping.

Give a brief overview of your achievements and experience on the server:

41st Battalion Commander Gree
104th Battalion Commander Wolffe (Twice)
Rancor Battalion Commander Blitz
Helping the rebuild of 21st
Captain Keller
Navy Fleet Admiral Yularen
Recon Regimental Commander
Guild Leader (Two Terms)
Governor of Onderon
Marshal Commander
RC XO Master Arligan Zey
Head Admin (For an hour)

What do you feel the role of the Chancellor is?:
Palpatine has multiple roles. There are 3 aspects that I will focus on with this position and will break them down in sections below:

Supreme Chancellor - This is the Roleplay side. As Palpatine, he is basically Commander in Chief of the GAR and the top dog of anything Republic related. But the actual ROLE of this is interaction. His role is to be a driving force of interaction between the Senate, Civilians, CG and the rest of the clones, the Jedi Council, and Naval. I intend to capitalize on the extensive territory this position can cover, so I can create the best experience that involves not just 1 group, but multiple. One of the ways I intend to do so is take a bite out of things Conrad and I did during our Palpatine & Guild Lead Terms. Basically increase tension to rally the player base and find a unique way to settle things. Whether it be a rebellion or peace talks. There are multiple ways it can be done, but I’ll leave the rest up to the mind.

Faction Overseer - As Palpatine is regarded as the MCMD of the Factions, it’s very important to stay involved and be in the know of what each faction is doing and also assisting when needed. Not to mention, also being the one to guide the Factions in the right direction if they need help or have a lack of Leadership at the time. I know I have the capacity to do this as I have done it multiple times as BCMD, and during the times I was Guild Lead & Yularen. I’ve spent around 16 months within the leadership of all Factions combined, so I would like to think I have very extensive knowledge on what can work and what won’t work. Not to mention I can be a guiding hand as While some things may sound good in theory, they can have negative consequences. I spent around 7 months in the Guild changing things to find what was right, so I understand it’s a strenuous process that some may need help with.

Marshal Equivalent - This entails the High Command side of the position. Being one of two MCMD in High Command, it’s very important I stay involved in HC conversation and dealings within it. Being able to work well with others is a must and with the current HC, I would have no issue as I have been working with them for a while now (Referencing my time as Admiral a week ago). A big thing with this is being able to run things efficiently so the Directors can ease off a bit by not having to directly deal with every issue that crops up.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want the Jedi, Civilian, and Naval to be at the end of your term?:
Naval
    Naval as it stands right now is in a growing state. There have been a few new officers promoted that have helped push the faction to a more stable state. What Naval really needs to continue is pushing for activity and consistently engaging with the playerbase. We made some great strides like filling the officer core out a bit more, the janitor branch, the naval valor list, and revamping our docs & tryouts that were sorely out of date. All and all, it just needs to continue pushing. I’ll continue to do what I can to help, as I am currently still high rank within it. My attention will most likely fall on Naval for the first couple weeks, while still interacting with Jedi and Civilian. This way I can ensure the Faction will be in a good enough state to let it self run under Gohn, and I can stay available whenever.
    I do want to note though that if I do receive this position, the Navy will be losing one of its two Rear Admirals. A big part of what I want to do in the time I am focusing on the Navy is getting our current & future officers to where they need to be. For those who may ask why I didn’t do this already, the answer is simple. I did not want to mass promote people up when we had a lack of officers because I felt in the long run it would be extremely detrimental to the Navy. The biggest piece of all of this is to get the future Yularen ready by first teaching the Officers, then preparing the NCOs to join them.

Civilian
One major thing that I want to see permanently resolved in this faction is having a defined footing of interaction on the server. What I mean by this is that the Civilian Faction has 3 different sections to it (Senate / BH / Civ), but the roles are muddy a tad with how you treat them.

Senate - Senate probably is in the best position of the Faction as what they do is pretty much defined and how you interact with a Senator is pretty straight forward. Whatever issues they come across are solely at a group level. As long as there are good people and a good leader in place they will succeed. As this falls on Mas Amedda and the Governor, I see no reason to intervene other than to RP or view tryouts.

Bounty Hunter - This section of the Faction is in a limbo state. Hunters have had a breakthrough in ROE with the new KOS areas being named on base. Previously it was a “Are they going to shoot?”. To where you would have to wait for them to make the first move, but now both sides can act freely and without the awkward hesitation. One thing that I would really like to drive home with the current leadership (Madara and Rohan), is to finish cementing ROE with hunters and truly define their role on the server. It’s the best way to ensure interaction is safe and entertaining for both parties. It would be much more enjoyable without the added stress of interactions being negative or resulting in an AOS. When I say finish cementing ROE, I refer to potentially getting some rules changed that could affect Hunter freedom. I will list some ideas below on how this could be achieved:

• One idea brought up some time ago was to identify affiliation and ROE based on color. For example, if the CCS is red and are openly hostile, then they are DOS or KOS on base. If the Dean Clan is blue and are openly friendly, they are treated as allies to the Republic. Now this doesn’t come without its fair share of restriction, as now you are restricting colors from other people using them. In my opinion, this isn’t a huge deal compared to what can be gained through this.

• Another idea is making the Guild a hostile part of the Civilian Faction. This would clearly define the role of BH on the server, and equal out the Faction as a whole to make it a little less complex. You have the Senate as the friendly side, Civilian as the neutral side, and the Guild as the hostile side. The consequence to this is what if a Hunter doesn’t want to be hostile and instead be friendly? My response to this, which is fairly blunt, is that if you have a hunter and want them allied with the Republic, you are basically just playing a second clone life. But what about the players who RP as droids? Well, there is a very nice police droid model that can fit that!

It is obvious at the end of the day the Governor and Guild Lead have final say in anything I bring up to them in this regard, but presenting ideas to them that they may not have thought of is, in my opinion, part of the job as Palpatine.

Civilian - Most can agree the basis of this section of the Faction is the least utilized and for very obvious reasons. Nothing to do, bad pay, and bad kit. The only thing Civilians have going for them is decent roleplay when it happens. Don’t get me wrong RP is great, but everyone can agree it won’t make you stick around 100% of the time. If this was the case, no one would leave one position to go to another. At the end, this falls onto the Governor whether or not to expand on this, as right now there is no incentive to be on the job, meaning there isn’t much to do with it. Focusing on the Senate and Guild takes up a lot of time already, so the best thing one can do to have Civilians be active is just to involve them in RP. Most of which must be created in the Village and boy do I sure love taxation without representation RP.

Jedi
    Jedi currently is in one of the best spots it has been in a while. Leadership is active and is promoting positive change. Standards are being enforced, and positions are being filled. The best thing that I can do for them is assisting them with their projects. I have had a few talks with Entity and he has been allowing me to give my opinion on some things regarding Jedi. So I do know the state of the Order more clearly thanks to him and the rest of the High Council. I want to help them realize their goal of filling their Council with active members and the filling of their lore characters. Beyond that, I want to stay involved and assist in what I can should I be needed. Being here for as long as I have I can provide great insight that will help decisions in the future.

How do you plan to improve relations within the Grand Army?:
This is more of a general statement, but I want to bring back the “Office of High Command” Posts. These had a positive impact which they were around and it kept everyone in the loop on what was going on. Keeping this most likely bi-weekly unless important information is shared.

In my opinion, the best way to improve relations in the GAR is to actually play the role of Palpatine. Converse in-game. Do some Criminal Mastermind RP that includes multiple Battalions & Factions. Other ways would entail general interaction with people, outside or inside of the game. While increasing battalion relations come down to the Regimental Commanders of each area. I can pitch in if needed to push for activities.
    I want to be available to battalions should they want assistance setting up a large scale RP situation, or if they would like me tagging along with them every now and then. I really want to avoid saying “joint training”, but let’s be honest. It’ll happen. Except I would phrase it more as “Missions to retrieve classified stuff”. Every “Mission” I would like to do would be for battalions to advance the creation of the Empire, such as collecting resources for the Death Star, subjugation of Onderon “Sub Sectors”; that kind of stuff. 
    As the clone side of the server isn’t really the focus of Palpatine’s current role, there isn’t anything huge I want to push on it. If absolutely needed though, I can step in and assist with issues or work with the RCMD/BCMD should there be a need for me. I understand in the past when only 1 of the MCMD positions were filled, the other helped around whichever one wasn’t covered. I don’t mind it as it would help release pressure on the RCMDs and Directors. I have experience in these areas by being a previous RCMD and MCMD. 

How do you plan to improve relations within the VIP factions?:
Each Faction currently has a foot in everyone’s door. So I’m not too stressed about improving relations here. However, there are things I can do to passively improve relations through general interaction.

Naval
    A lot of Naval RP for the Chancellor would revolve around RSB as I don’t intend to get super involved in directing troopers (RCMD are better for it). So this would mainly consist of sending RSB on missions for data collection and assisting in the Empire endeavors I have stated before. This in turn would get other factions like Civilian involved as they would be test subjects or be enlisted for such projects. The reason I am putting an emphasis on RSB is because it is a “new” addition and needs to be given opportunities to thrive.

Jedi
    For Jedi, I would appreciate as much interaction as possible as we are directly tied. This includes setting up tension OR de-escalating tension. One thing that really interests me is the “vilifying of the Jedi” that Palpatine did during the War. AKA sending Anakin and such on poster boy missions while sending the rest of the Jedi on a more difficult and dark mission. The type that makes people question their place in the GAR. Not only do I feel that it will boost them as always being in an active rp scenario, but it will be able to include all groups as well.

Civilian
    This group is going to be the basis for a lot of the RP I wish to do, that will be directly affecting the other Factions. Whether it be in a good way or a bad way. Conversation will be inevitable with them, so I want to do everything I can to keep them involved. The biggest thing I wish to avoid though through what I want to do, is give civilians a bad wrap and only be labeled as terrorists instead of citizens of the republic. For increasing relations, it’s better if it comes naturally instead of pushing one idea on after the next, as I don’t want to do something that the Faction Command itself would rather do differently.
    The biggest thing I want to note here is that the current systems that each Faction use: Kota’s Militia (Jedi & Civ) and BH Contracts (Civ & GAR, Naval, Jedi) are all decently fleshed out systems that do a great job keeping interaction and relevance among the Factions. I don’t want to bank on these 100% as sometimes they don’t work or don’t get used as much, but finding a way to keep them working is the big thing. While also maybe finding a new way of doing things.

Important Stuff To Note
    After talking with each of the Faction Leads and their Command Teams, I was about to get an idea of what each one wanted to see out of me in my term. All have stated they want a more defined presence. Meaning being talkative in discord & discussion without being overbearing, while also spending my in-game time with them and their Factions. These two things I love doing, and I am a discord stalker and I do partake in all Faction Events. I wanted to state this so it is on record I did talk to everyone before applying, as it’s important to be able to work well with those I would be heading.

For my current positions, I hold:

• Rear Admiral in the Navy

• Captain in 501st

• Bardan Jusik in Jedi/SOBDE

I will be resigning from 2 of these positions so the majority of my time is put into this position. I don’t feel the need to add staff as I do not intend to move up from SA and being staff will be a great help in the things I plan to do.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your position of Chancellor Palpatine?: Yes

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Pay Respect 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Veteran Admin

+1 Love this guy

• Friendly 1

During your time as Yularen, I really did not see you do anything either than run around with high staff messing around or just being afk in BCC. As Palpatine as you said there is a roleplay aspect but I do not think you are there yet. Your time as Yularen was not really a good one as Naval is still in a bad place.  Also speaking for CG, we need someone active enough to rp with Palpatine, not just stating they will interact with us in an application and then do the opposite in the game. You may have the experience but writing what you are going to do and actually doing it is 2 different things.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

addtext_com_MjA1NDQ3MzQ1OQ.jpg

+1. Dude even came and talked to me about it. This man is like a collector of positions at this rate.

Brooklyn has shown countless times he's capable of holding these positions and to a great standard. His roleplay is great and his interaction with the community is great. Sure his Yularen term may not be his shining light, but naval is actually somewhat active now, having 1-2 on a day rather than 1-2 on a week. I don't see anyone who can really put the same effort into the server that Brooklyn has and say they have never had a bad term/time on the server. We all have our moments. Don't hold 1 against a guy who was just trying to help. (maybe 2)

Edited by Mystic
  • Funny 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1

Nothing like having one of the best saber duelists on the server being a bad guy with 2 sabers.

• Friendly 1

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

I have great confidence in Brooklyn, he came and spoke to me as well as every member of Jedi High Council to gain our opinions and become more familiar on the state of Jedi. He genuinely cares about seeing Jedi as well as the server as a whole grow and improve, and I believe he'll do right by factions in the place of Palpatine.

Especially having served under him when he was BCMD as well as worked alongside him in High Command, I have trust in him as a leader. 

+1

• Friendly 1

+1

You’re one of the longest running memebers of the community at this point with actual years of experience for positions that require experience. Searching me out to ask my opinion on how to handle the position before posting your app shows you’re looking everywhere for how to best handle the position and do it justice. Good luck. 

16 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

Head Admin (For an hour)

@Maddoxx@Xaze care to comment on this?

• Funny 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Confused 1
  • Bruh 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Director
Director

+1 Great guy, done good work with Naval i wanna see what he does with Palpatine!

• Friendly 1

GM Leadership

+1 Oh god

• Friendly 1

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

18 hours ago, Mystic said:

Sure his Yularen term may not be his shining light, but naval is actually somewhat active now, having 1-2 on a day rather than 1-2 on a week.

This is so concerning to me. How can we trust the guy who has now phoned in 2 faction leads in a row. Brooklyn you are great when you try and I saw that first hand when you were Guild Leader the first time, but, as previously mentioned, how can we trust you to not phone this one in. If navy wasn't even active under you as Yularen how can we trust it will be when you also have to worry about other factions. I was at summer camp and off the server during the bulk of your time as Yularen, but even then I still heard bad things. I need a decent explanation why it didn't go well before I trust you with an even higher position. Also Navy better have a ready and good successor.

-1 until you give a good explanation why Navy didn't do well under you, and why Palpatine will be any different.

• Agree 1

🌓🌙

Just now, Hanz said:

This is so concerning to me. How can we trust the guy who has now phoned in 2 faction leads in a row. Brooklyn you are great when you try and I saw that first hand when you were Guild Leader the first time, but, as previously mentioned, how can we trust you to not phone this one in. If navy wasn't even active under you as Yularen how can we trust it will be when you also have to worry about other factions. I was at summer camp and off the server during the bulk of your time as Yularen, but even then I still heard bad things. I need a decent explanation why it didn't go well before I trust you with an even higher position. Also Navy better have a ready and good successor.

-1 until you give a good explanation why Navy didn't do well under you, and why Palpatine will be any different.

Can't believe it but I agree with Hanz for once.

-1 for now

• Funny 1

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

+1 Good guy and he knows what he doing

• Funny 1
  • Friendly 1

Current: CG ARC SGM Beater |

Former: 41st ARC CPT Musicboy| 21st SGM Musicboy |Doom Unit CPL EJ| Improcco WO Nye| Plo Koon | Senior Senator Lux Bonteri | Guardian Lead | Vice Chairman | Master Kit FistoSenator Gume

So, I have questions id like to ask you brooklyn.

1. The Jedi Order has faced interesting suggestions (to say the least) regarding major changes that would impact the Jedi order and how it is run. Some of which either involved you or was started by you. Id like to mention 2 of them.

• The ability for a Jedi to use a Red Crystal
  • The act of giving preferential treatment towards SOBDE regarding their Lore Characters and letting their Knight Jobs be Master.

Since these have both been denied and 1 was done by you, Im wondering if you are going to honor these decisions during your time as Palpatine or perhaps something you want to get the Jedi Order to reconsider. 

2. Could you please give your brutal and honest opinion on the Senate Guard and what your thoughts of it being on the server.

3. The Naval will be without a Yularen, Which means you may need to focus on this part the most. When I got Palpatine is was Civilian, mainly due to it having no leadership which I was then able to make progress in getting that leadership in top down. Naval is once again going to enter the state where its leader leaves and potentially will nosedive in activity, which it has proven multiple times throughout the years. Other than you being the Overseer of this faction, what else can you do to maintain its activity and will we see you pushing through the RSB you have wished to do since the start of your Yularen term.

4. What would you say is more important. A Decision that will make the community happy or an essential change that will anger the majority of the community. If its the second, Do you feel you can be the bad guy in situations that may have people lose faith in you for the sake of the server.

5. Ive been a fairly laid back and overseeing Palpatine, Ive allowed the Faction leads to get on with their day and do what they feel is best and occasionally advising them and keeping myself up to date with their ongoings. Previously the Leadership above the Factions leads was hands on, micromanaging and caused stress among others, which Ive then worked to let Faction Leads breathe and feel like they are being watched 24/7 and being chewed out on a single mistake. My question to you Brooklyn is where do you see yourself as a leader as Palpatine. Someone thats going to advise, oversee and make few decisions or Someone who is going to push ideas and changes among the Factions.

6. Is the 2 positions your dropping is Bardan and Rear Admiral I assume?

7. Me and my predecessors have shared familiar thoughts on the role of Palpatine, The position can and will get boring at times and can feel very slow when all the pieces and in place and working. My 2 Previous havent even finished a term and I actually broke the curse to be the first palpatine to finish a term under its new system. Do you find that you can commit to the monotonous of Palpatine and keep yourself and others entertained,

• Informative 1
  • Friendly 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

1 hour ago, Gears said:

Previously the Leadership above the Factions leads was hands on, micromanaging and caused stress among others, which Ive then worked to let Faction Leads breathe and feel like they are being watched 24/7 and being chewed out on a single mistake. My question to you Brooklyn is where do you see yourself as a leader as Palpatine. Someone thats going to advise, oversee and make few decisions or Someone who is going to push ideas and changes among the Factions.

Just say you were bad at your job, 

+1 as long as you don't do another gears term you will be fine :), just try and put your full 1000% and you will be good, you do fantastic work when you actually have the passion your plans are actually fantastic

Edited by Bacta
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Dumb 4

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

+1 probably one of my closest friends on the server, but the guy is brilliant he is experienced and I guarantee he knows what he is doing and can shine in any position he is given. whats next for brooklyn....

Current: Vango

Former: Mechanised Regimental | (First) 41st MEDL CMD Gett | 104th General Plo KoonNaval Commander Vango | Jedi General Adi Gallia Sinker | Serra Keto | Battalion Commander Wolffe

10 hours ago, Conrad said:

@Maddoxx@Xaze care to comment on this?

I was management and got told to get a new director. Didn’t trust any of the HAs so I promoted a trusted VA (Brooklyn) to test him out. I then went to dinner and came back to him being demoted by my superiors. So that’s be why it was only an hour. 

also I don’t play anymore but +1 

alright back to the shadow realm with me. 

Edited by Maddoxx
:p
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1
  • Friendly 1

+1 Brooklyn has more initiative than majority of the server, I am stating from MRP until present day. I have no doubt he can be a good Palpatine.

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

+1

People have been touching heavily on your time as Yularen, and while I wasn't extremely active on the server itself at the time, I did keep a pretty close eye on the Navy and it's discord. The Navy is (in my opinion) one of the hardest things to try and get people to dedicate consistent time to on this server, and seeing what Brooklyn has done to push the Navy in the right direction has been great to see. The Navy has had years of issues that are ingrained in the server and not just fixable over a 3-month time. Realistically, I would've liked to see another Yularen term out of you to get the Navy to a slightly better point but obviously, I understand the time required for that.

While there are some points I agree with here, especially about the Navy not being self-sufficient currently, I don't believe that's something you can't handle. Having worked closely with you during my time as Yularen, I know your passion for not only the server but also the positions you hold and the people/groups you manage under that. I have complete faith in you if you are anywhere near as helpful to the current Navy command as you were with me.

Either way, you're one of the most dedicated members in the community and have been for years and deserve an interview at least. Maybe take some of the comments about your RP presentation/focus to heart here. Would be great to see some heavy Palpatine RP out of you.

Edited by Tec

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

23 hours ago, Gears said:

1. The Jedi Order has faced interesting suggestions (to say the least) regarding major changes that would impact the Jedi order and how it is run. Some of which either involved you or was started by you. Id like to mention 2 of them.

• The ability for a Jedi to use a Red Crystal
  • The act of giving preferential treatment towards SOBDE regarding their Lore Characters and letting their Knight Jobs be Master.

Since these have both been denied and 1 was done by you, Im wondering if you are going to honor these decisions during your time as Palpatine or perhaps something you want to get the Jedi Order to reconsider.

Red Crystal: At this point it is just a meme, a passing joke that I say to Entity from time to time. While I was serious at first, I understand the reasoning why it won't be a thing

Lore Jobs to Master: This is a kind of wild way to state, as I never stated only Bardan and Etain should be allowed to become Masters. Why I said this is because Sina and I were approached multiple times asking if we wanna go for Master, as both of us are very happy with our positions and characters, I said they should just let us become Masters on our lore jobs. It goes without saying, but if this was allowed for one, it should be allowed for all. Never in any way/shape/form did I ask specifically for Bardan and Etain to get this privilege.

To answer your question, no, I don't intend to push these things. Entity and the Council stands firm on the issue and the last thing I want to do is bully Entity to make a decision I forced on him, even after I understand the reasonings.

2. Could you please give your brutal and honest opinion on the Senate Guard and what your thoughts of it being on the server.

I like Senate Guard. But they need to understand that they are a sub-unit of a sub-faction and shouldn't be trying to make suggestions to make them closer to a battalion. Med Syringes? Sure, why not. But any other kit updates shouldn't be done. Senate Guard plays Senate Protection RP, not "I can take on the whole CIS with my kit" RP. I feel they do have a place, but the best way for them to succeed and stay around is to keep consistency for more then 2 weeks at a time.

3. The Naval will be without a Yularen, Which means you may need to focus on this part the most. When I got Palpatine is was Civilian, mainly due to it having no leadership which I was then able to make progress in getting that leadership in top down. Naval is once again going to enter the state where its leader leaves and potentially will nosedive in activity, which it has proven multiple times throughout the years. Other than you being the Overseer of this faction, what else can you do to maintain its activity and will we see you pushing through the RSB you have wished to do since the start of your Yularen term.

I already answered most of this in the application, but I will restate in a more straightforward way. While yes the Navy will be without a Yularen, we have many new and active Officers, along with Gohn who has been doing a lot and FYI who has extensive knowledge. The reason you don't see a Yularen application by someone else right now is simple, I did not want to rush up people just to have the faction collapse like it did countless times before. Making sure these officers learn correctly and rank up in a bit longer time frame will ensure the future of the faction. Yes, RSB will be coming back is it will most likely launch tomorrow or the day after. I intend to spend the first two weeks with Navy to ensure RSB takes off successfully and so I can teach our newer officers some things so they can succeed.

4. What would you say is more important. A Decision that will make the community happy or an essential change that will anger the majority of the community. If its the second, Do you feel you can be the bad guy in situations that may have people lose faith in you for the sake of the server.

An essential change that will anger the majority of the community. Nothing great is ever done easily. Take a look at a couple of the community changes in the last 6-7 months. Event Server & DU closing, along with a lot of YT advertising, has made some of the biggest impacts on the server we have seen since late 2020. But back to your question. At the end of the day, you can't please everyone. I don't mind being the bad guy if needed. There are plenty of people that would lay their reputation on the line if it means helping the community in the long run. I feel no different from them. If some people will hate me for a bit because of a decision that will bare fruit after my time, so be it.

5. Ive been a fairly laid back and overseeing Palpatine, Ive allowed the Faction leads to get on with their day and do what they feel is best and occasionally advising them and keeping myself up to date with their ongoings. Previously the Leadership above the Factions leads was hands on, micromanaging and caused stress among others, which Ive then worked to let Faction Leads breathe and feel like they are being watched 24/7 and being chewed out on a single mistake. My question to you Brooklyn is where do you see yourself as a leader as Palpatine. Someone thats going to advise, oversee and make few decisions or Someone who is going to push ideas and changes among the Factions.

I wanna do both. While there are times you can sit back and enjoy the server and watch things from a far, there are other times were change needs to happen. As I stated to all Faction Leadership, I don't intend to overdo it and force things constantly, but if I have to strongly advise a decision be made then I will. I believe communication and reasoning leads to less discontent in a decision. For example, not everyone in High Command has the same opinion, but they do come to a general consensus on things when needed. 

6. Is the 2 positions your dropping is Bardan and Rear Admiral I assume?

501st CPT and Navy RA most likely. On Bardan I intend to stay rank locked at private so I don't have any responsibility. But doing 1-2 trials a week isn't a major time consumer. If I really need to drop Bardan too later on then I will.

7. Me and my predecessors have shared familiar thoughts on the role of Palpatine, The position can and will get boring at times and can feel very slow when all the pieces and in place and working. My 2 Previous havent even finished a term and I actually broke the curse to be the first palpatine to finish a term under its new system. Do you find that you can commit to the monotonous of Palpatine and keep yourself and others entertained,

I can't really confirm if the position is as plain as you say, but I feel there is a lot of fun you can have with it. I mean look at Conrad, man went like 3 terms all loved every second of it. I'm of the mind it's as fun as you make it, and I intend to have a lot of fun.

I hope these responses answer your questions.

On 8/14/2023 at 9:27 PM, Arroyo said:

During your time as Yularen, I really did not see you do anything either than run around with high staff messing around or just being afk in BCC. As Palpatine as you said there is a roleplay aspect but I do not think you are there yet. Your time as Yularen was not really a good one as Naval is still in a bad place.  Also speaking for CG, we need someone active enough to rp with Palpatine, not just stating they will interact with us in an application and then do the opposite in the game. You may have the experience but writing what you are going to do and actually doing it is 2 different things.

I'm very sorry on the impression that I gave you. I will admit though, about halfway through my term I experienced burnout, one that I didn't plan for or put an LOA in for, but taking some very serious criticism from my peers allowed me to pick it back up again and finish strong. I don't really agree with you in the case of Naval being in a bad state though. Activity has steadily increased, Lead positions are being filled, we have twice as many officers now than we did 3 months ago. But your opinion is yours to control. As Yularen there were times that I wanted CG to run with other battalions on missions, but with extremely coincidental timings, there was minges. All I can really say is I intend to prove you wrong on the interaction, and that I will take your criticism to heart and I will work on myself in that regard.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Pay Respect 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

I'm pretty undecided on this, but I believe a convincing argument can be made to sway my decision. I have had 2 actual Palpatines in my time in Synergy. The first, I couldn't even tell you who because they were only afk in HCO, and the second is Gears, who has had good moments as well as those akin to the former. I really want a Palpatine who is not active just for the sake of racking hours, but truly seeks to interact with those present. As CG in lore is the battalion Palpatine developed to be his most loyal protectors in place of the Senate Guard, we always prioritize protecting him when around, deliberately assigning the largest number of VIP protectors to Palpatine. Regardless of acceptance for you towards this position, I want someone who will not bore my troopers by having to guard an afk person that doesn't seek interaction with those present. While Diplomatic Services caters, though required, to VIP protection duties, Palpatine is expected to garner at least 2 CG regardless of whether they are DS or not. Having to stand around someone doing nothing for extended periods of time makes my guys disinterested, as I know I occasionally felt during my early days of CG in protecting a perma-afk Palpatine. You mention the ideas of how to get all factions and battalions involved in a general sense, but what do you plan on doing to stay interactive while on the Palpatine job? As Gears said:

On 8/15/2023 at 7:34 PM, Gears said:

The position can and will get boring at times and can feel very slow

but those I will require, including myself, to guard the Chancellor at any given point will not necessarily feel like they are doing anything productive. This should be the most important position, RP-wise, in the server, and I don't know yet what a great Palpatine looks like. I want someone who is going to show me what that is. Do you have plans to address your actions when nothing large-scale is going on in the server, even in downtime?

My next point mainly concerns the point that you still left much to be desired within the Naval branch, including the propositions you proposed. This is all considering that 

On 8/14/2023 at 10:10 PM, Brooklyn said:

Naval as it stands right now is in a growing state.

and that you'll

continue to do what [you] can to help.

In other words, though this seems like the highest/most desired position, how can I trust you to do what you set out to? In your Yularen application, you state "[Naval] is heavily reliant on 2-3 people. That isn't healthy for them or the Faction." Yet in its current state, I cannot say that they are in a better position activity-wise, and I do not see enough from them to say that more than the number you described influence the battalion positively. I do not place this blame solely on you, but more on the general lack of opportunity that any Naval might want to take, not that a Yularen could add much more interest to their position. I believe you could still contribute significantly towards Naval, but going for Palpatine in the state that they're in comes off as a power grab. Not saying that you are doing that. Throughout your time as Admiral, I cannot say that activity has consistently increased. I agree that there have been times throughout your term where I have seen naval larger than I have ever, though during any debrief when you were to promote your Naval, at least half of those numbers were afk themselves and required staff to be moved in front of the stand for promotion. Generally, however, it is the same status quo of only 2 or 3 naval on at a given point, where at least one is not really doing anything. In its current state, Naval is pretty inconsistent, so much so that the moniker 'Naval Thorn' was established enough in my battalion from the work Thorn has done, instead of having any naval around, to the point where he has managed ATC, DEFCONs, and debrief throughout any given day. I do not know if you have ideas in place for Naval and the officers you put in place to move forward upon receiving Palpatine beyond your idea around RSB and prioritizing attention

on Naval for the first couple weeks

, or if you have a suggested successor as Yularen in place. This just seems to address that you know you can do more for Naval before moving on to a different position. I believe you would still be able to contribute towards the benefit of the Navy more than that in the position of Palpatine.

Further, a couple of your points seem to imply that you would not be a decision-maker, and rather defer to those specifically involved in a given faction. You make good points regarding the direction that you want the factions to go, especially the civilians, but how do you plan on making that coexistent with the ideas of those you plan on differing to? You mention having a more defined presence, but besides interacting with the propositions any faction might have, what would this look like from the opposite perspective, other than your stance of being willing to be controversial to get things done? Would it be that of influencing the decisions made based on a battalion scale, or only a larger or maybe even just an RP-based one? I will again reiterate that I do not know what a great Palpatine does or should act like, but I want you to convince me that you embody that ideal. I do not intend to pressure you by comparing you to a perfected imagination, I just want a Palpatine who I know will make a consistent impact and isn't just a name connected to a title. I know you have all the best intentions, and the experience to back that up, but the decision to become Palpatine seems obfuscated from your goals and effective results of your current position as Yularen. To end on a colloquial note, how good is your Palpy impression?

• Informative 1

+1 Your good to go. Despite particular people asking me to remove you from Admiral I stuck with you cause I know you can get a job done (funny how they are now +1ing you).

Naval will always be a fickle issue that despite generations coming or going its clear that it won't get the numbers these people expect. But brooklyn here atleast gave some life towards it and gave it all he really could with the limitations. Those who complain are usually the ones who haven't got on the server within the last 3 months and remain as forum gremlins with no grip on the reality of the situation naval has itself in. I encourage them to actually be productive and join naval since they clearly seem very passionate about it on the forums.

3 Factions you will now inherit are in a better position than they were 3 months ago (looks like i did do my job). Absolutely there are issues within each and can and will be resolved under your leadership and the factions leads. Just don't breath down their necks and push them to breaking down over stress like it was before I was palpatine. Let them do their job and they will let you do yours. 

Last point, please continue using the morgue as a execution method. Would Be cool to keep that tradition alive.

Edited by Gears
  • Funny 1
  • Bruh 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

+1 He has a good head on his shoulders. I trust his leadership and judgement heavily.

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

Head Admin

+1 W app and W individual 

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Management

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk