[Accepted] [CW] Gears' Ban Appeal

Gears

Name: Gears
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:60934809
Ban Reason: MRDM
Date of Ban: 04/21/2023
Length of Ban: 5 Days
Staff Member(s) Involved: Ollie Rohan
Reason(s) why we should accept your appeal: I personally believe its a automatic protocol ban that VAs were required to do, Damned if they do Damned If they dont. For this id like to give context on this ban. I had intention of killing a group of droids through a rayshield, which some then reccomended charging a kyber slam. For which I said to the whole group that I would do it. I then said "Kyber in 20 seconds" as a fair warning to those who were jumping and running about. I gave a second warning of my Kyber Being almost charged.. I said something along the lines of "Kyber almost charged get ready".. Soon after I then ignited my saber and waited 3 Seconds saying Im going to do it. I then proceeded to kyber slam, mistakingly not taking my surroundings into count and not judging the AOE this Kyber gives (Reason being, I dont think ive used Kyber once during my Windu) addtionally I was about to die with grenades being thrown at me, so it was very much a split second decision to kyber after igniting for atleast 3 Seconds. 

In all context this was an accident, Judging by OOC alone, No one really cared or rather saw harm in it. I wasnt TPd for my Sit for 5 minutes. The Deployment went on like normal. People were laughing and Ive had people telling me this wasnt a big deal. While I understand staff have a job to do and I respect their decision after appealing to Staff's COC and fighting my case, I feel like I didnt cause considerable harm and wasnt malicious in my actions. While I do regret not taking better care of my Kyber in this situation, I believe this very much like to giving warnings for Grenades, Rocket Launchers, Diamond Storm and someone running into fire, except in this case I gave fair warning and everyone around me was aware. Its also good to point out I have a Jedi telling me they were using Force Absorb to block the Kyber to not take damage, Which I thought was actually a thing. You can actually reflect a Kyber Slam and kill the user with their own Slam. So I assumed this was the case. So in this case, People died from thinking they could block it and people died while ignoring my warnings. 

Lastly Id like to say Im not bothered about the 5 Days here, If I have to wait this about then Im perfectly fine with it. However Id like to give my case and context in this situation and have this appeal accepted so that consequences here arnt effecting what is possible alot of work ive put in and if this appeal is denied, Ill happily eat dirt and own it. But I gotta fight when I feel this is a harsh outcome to what was a accident and something which warning was giving.

Evidence to support your claims: I believe one Jedi can give their case of using Force Absorb and thinking they could survive. As I said, I thought that was possible myself.

Edited by Gears
  • Funny 2
  • Dumb 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

+1 I thought i could force absorb the Kyber but either i didn't have it active or it just didn't absorb it, In the end it was my mistake that got me caught by it and a accidental mistake by other's aswell so I believe Gears should be unbanned he gave a good half minute warning to everyone beforehand but people died anyways by either not listening or not being far enough away.

Edited by Sina

spacer.png

Current:  Nothing                                                                                                                                                                        

Former: 104th BCMD Wolffe | 212th GCO ARFL Switchblade | 501st ARCO CPT Sina | Knight Etain Tur-Mukan  | Alpha-98 Nate 

+1 dont really understand how you got banned as I have seen people give little to no warning before wiping out an entire battalion with a rocket and then it not get brought up. either way It was clearly not intentional MRDM and I dont think he should be banned.

Forum Admin

Based and shitpilled ban

image.png
image.png

+1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1 -

Someone PLEASE take this man's Kyber Slam away.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

This appears to be a very similar incident to my ban. Absolutely unjustified. To ban someone for doing something bad, especially RDM, there has to be some kind of intent to do it. Of course he meant to kyber slam, but he didn't mean to friendly fire a ton of troopers.

If we banned people for RDM every time a ship/tank ran someone over, nobody would be left on the server. Accidents will be accidents, what happened to talking to people?

hey dragon guess what

+1 free my homie

also chambers stop lurking and get back on i miss u

Edited by Heart
  • Friendly 1

ba5b2b16dfb2c299f4ae85755e580b48.png

I STILL REMEMBER THIS ON MY BAN APPEAL GEARS. DON'T THINK I FORGOT. ALL I WANTED WAS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FIRST SERVER DEPLOYMENT IN ALMOST A YEAR. 

+1 Free my homie

• Funny 3

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Banned

Sorry but we do not need anymore rule breakers on the server. -1

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4
  • Winner 1

r4ymo.gif

+1 

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

I get rules are rules but someone SHOULD have look into this and determined if it was a pure accident and not intentional during your sit.   Banning and asking questions later does not help at all.    You gave plenty of warnings to those around you as well. 

+1

Edited by Zensras

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

+1 sounds like the people that dead baited RDM because you called it out 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

+1 Bruh this is the stupidest ban I've seen since that one time where Conrad was banned for 1 day for needing to sleep. 

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

+1

This is should've actually been dealt differently. It was an accident and if you did warn them then that is the individuals who ran up fault. There is worse.

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

Head Admin

+1 I was the GM for the deployment it happened on. At first I would've said for you to be dealt with for Mass RDM, but it actually did NOT impact the event. If you warned them and gave valid distance and a good heads up then they were idiots for staying there. 

I think most people actually found it entertaining, including some of the people that died to the slam. 

• Agree 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

LMAAAOOOO +1 unban this dude... name 1 person who hasnt "RDMd" as yoda or windu with kyber slam on accident once... my first day i kyber slammed and everyone backed up but the guns knocked me back into everyone and they died... actual dumb ban.. unban this dude

(BUNCHA RANKS AND NAMES HERE)

11 hours ago, Nova_ said:

. At the end of the day I feel like Gears can improve and better himself by reflecting on his actions, learning from his mistakes, and striving to be a better person through empathy, self-awareness, and personal growth. +1

@Gearsis capable of that?

• Funny 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

1 hour ago, Brooklyn said:

@Gearsis capable of that?

Jury is still out

• Winner 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management