Add the deployable shield to all heavy jobs.

Maddoxx

Name: Maddoxx

RP Rank: Naval CMO Commander

Suggestion: Add the deployable shield to heavy jobs. 

Implementation: Add the deployable shield ( string deployable_shield ) to all Heavy Jobs

Lore: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shield_(physical_armor)
“ During the Clone Wars, the clone riot troopers of the Coruscant Guard used riot shields in conjunction with a baton.[1] Later, clone troopers utilized a type of shield in the Battle of Ringo Vinda. “ This shield was used by clones not exclusive to just Doom’s Unit 501st even are shown using it. 

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Add the Shield to Heavy Jobs 
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: All battalion Heavy Jobs

Slots: Keep the same

Description: Keep the same

Model: Keep the same.

Weapons:  deployable_shield

Other: I didn’t talk to anyone so who knows if people even want it. But it's super useful and I feel could make the job a lot better. 

• Agree 1

Banned

+1 

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif

+1 if DU are getting removed

If DU don't get removed however I think a better solution is to buff the Z6 to actually be useful. Either way heavy needs a purpose other then being the class that people join if they dont feel like getting a training or they just want a way to become HVO

Edited by Ccmonty
  • Funny 1
  • Dumb 4
Forum Admin

Heavy is a shitty job and weapon balances are too complicated, ez addition right here

+1

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

2 minutes ago, Bleach said:

+1

Remove Dooms Unit Part 2

This has nothing to do with DU, big dumb. 

3 minutes ago, Guac said:

Heavy is a shitty job and weapon balances are too complicated, ez addition right here

+1

THIS ^^^^^^^^ Is the reason. It's a shit class that can use an upgrade and this would be a super easy fix to make it a lot better. 

• Winner 1

1 minute ago, Maddoxx said:

This has nothing to do with DU, big dumb. 

THIS ^^^^^^^^ Is the reason. It's a shit class that can use an upgrade and this would be a super easy fix to make it a lot better. 

So will DU lose their Shield or not? They lost the Z6 because it's a reg weapon and a batt buff

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

3 minutes ago, Comics said:

So will DU lose their Shield or not? They lost the Z6 because it's a reg weapon and a batt buff

If they need to for this to pass then yes I'm all for it.

The buff would help the server overall far more then one battalion losing shields on every job would hurt. 

• Agree 1
  • Pay Respect 1
  • Confused 1
  • Dumb 4

• Management

+1 My suggestion sadge

Though if this results in DU losing their shields that's one of their few appeals and really they'd just turn into green 501st without the clout. Would not be ideal for them

• Funny 3

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Head Admin

+1, but let DU keep their shields fully

Edited by Rohan

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

+1

We've all come to agreement that the Heavy job needs some sort of fixing. Whether that be a change to the Z-6, a new weapon, or something else. I know that the DU is well-known for their shields, but it's like you said: The shields are not DU exclusive. CG had them in the show.

I was the leader of the Dogma Balls movement
spacer.png

Giving DU less of a purpose when it's already dying and seen as useless by 90% of the server.

• Confused 1
  • Dumb 8

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

2 hours ago, A-a-ron said:

Man’s -1ing a suggestion because some DU jobs will lose the shields, it’s better for the whole server.

+1

Not really better for the whole server? Imo its better for the whole server if we go back to making each battalion have uniqueness rather than making them all the same but with a reskin lol. By making all battalions the same except for models like that, its just going to make it so the deciding factor on what battalion to join boil down to their lore, characters, and people in them which is ultimately going to harm the less traditionally popular battalions even more.

Either way, theres a middle ground to giving DU the uniqueness of their shields and making HVY a useful job. Also think that this should have to be approved by DU command given that this directly effects them. If you have to get battalion command to make a suggestion that ADDS to them, why shouldnt you have to get their permission to REMOVE from them.

Edited by Tec
  • Agree 1

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

+1 I think this seems like a good idea and I assume the current leadership/members of DU are cool with handing over their shields to the rest of jobs? If it comes to it, I think it'd be fine to let them keep shields on a majority of their jobs while having shields in other bats remain specifically for heavy. 

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

+1. Granted the Shield isn't the biggest buff to heavy itll sure as hell counter some of those issues of being on the frontline that they face. It'll also make the regiment more appealing for new players!

Edited by Mystik
adding a reason for my +1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

-1 I feel like this undermines DS and DU in a big way, it takes away uniqueness.  This will make DS more useless than it is, I see how this benifits  some of the server, but DS and DU will be undermined, suggestions like this will just force  DS leadership in future to make suggestions for additional stuff, which will most likely not get passed. Please don't fuck over uniqueness over adding a situational item to heavy kit .In my opinion heavy is a trash branch so this might help, but at what cost.

Edited by Opa
  • Agree 1

I'm not gonna vote on this but what opa said is a concern for me to, One of my specializations literally only has the shield and uses it to protect VIPs/Senators when needed or just allowing those around them to get behind cover if need be. Would this affect Diplomatic Service in anyway? They're already struggling as it is and if they were to lose their shield this suggestion would just hurt it more if you want me to be honest. 

• Agree 1

The Clover Crew Member

spacer.png

Forum Admin
Just now, Jhonathon said:

I'm not gonna vote on this but what opa said is a concern for me to, One of my specializations literally only has the shield and uses it to protect VIPs/Senators when needed or just allowing those around them to get behind cover if need be. Would this affect Diplomatic Service in anyway? They're already struggling as it is and if they were to lose their shield this suggestion would just hurt it more if you want me to be honest. 

I don't think this suggestion is to remove anyone access to shields, just to add it to heavies. Your priority for protection of VIP's would still exist.

• Confused 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

21 minutes ago, Guac said:

I don't think this suggestion is to remove anyone access to shields, just to add it to heavies. Your priority for protection of VIP's would still exist.

I think it was meant in a metaphore way, shield is what makes DS stand out and unique, being the only other people that have shields other than DU. 

• Disagree 1
On 3/17/2022 at 4:28 PM, Maddoxx said:

On 3/17/2022 at 4:26 PM, Comics said:

+1 as is. ^ if this becomes the case then my vote shall immediately be invalidated 

Edited by Craigary

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

@Maddoxx as the original poster and director it seems there is some confusion.

from my understanding this is just to add to battalion heavy and not take away from du correct? 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Just now, Dennis said:

@Maddoxx as the original poster and director it seems there is some confusion.

from my understanding this is just to add to battalion heavy and not take away from du correct? 

23 minutes ago, Craigary said:

+1 as is. ^ if this becomes the case then my vote shall immediately be invalidated 

The original suggestion is just to add it to the heavy job to give something extra to the class. 

• Informative 1

+1 this would be extremely useful and now Medics can relax a bit more when advancing

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1 DU server wide shield training let’s go!

• Disagree 3
  • Dumb 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

On 3/17/2022 at 3:28 PM, Maddoxx said:

The buff would help the server overall far more then one battalion losing shields on every job would hurt. 

So I'm genuinely confused. Server High Command is pushing to help out DU since they're in a rough spot. A lot of people are trying their best to do their part, including yourself, so I don't know how you would be willing to get rid of the one thing that makes DU special over the other battalions if it meant Heavy gets a buff. It's like you're fighting yourself here. I just don't get it. I also don't know how you can say it's not related to DU at all. Either you're not being 100% honest (which I believe is extremely unlikely), or you really didn't think about the impact this would have on DU (and DS). Even if DU still gets their shields across all jobs, that still takes away a lot of incentive to join the battalion.

I've been wanting Heavy to be buffed for almost a year now, and it's proved to be complicated, but this is way too short-sighted and requires more thought put into it (or at least some courtesy from DU and DS). I understand how the entire server populace might take more priority compared to one battalion, but there are other alternatives and people willing to give their input. It just takes a bit more effort.

• Winner 2

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

Head Admin
5 hours ago, Razen said:

+1
This lets the newer troopers that join DU enjoy themselves a bit more upon entering. Before they decide what regiment they want to join, they automatically receive the heavy whitelist, so having that shield in inventory with the Z-6 will help them get used to using and placing the shield with more time into the Battalion. It also is given to literally every other class in DU so why not let the heavy get it?! Heavy may not be an official regiment with leads and such, but it is something we still want more numbers in with people staying interested in playing the job.

I may be confused here, but if you mean that DU heavy doesn't have a shield right now, they do

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

On 3/17/2022 at 4:34 PM, Marvel said:

+1 My suggestion sadge

Though if this results in DU losing their shields that's one of their few appeals and really they'd just turn into green 501st without the clout. Would not be ideal for them

Yeah, honestly if DU had 501st clout they’d be the biggest battalion on the server. A wise man once told me that.

Anyways, +1, this is a dope suggestion to make the Heavy regiment actually useful, I don’t think we need to take shields away from DU, but now other battalions get to share that shield ability.

11 hours ago, Razen said:

+1
This lets the newer troopers that join DU enjoy themselves a bit more upon entering. Before they decide what regiment they want to join, they automatically receive the heavy whitelist, so having that shield in inventory with the Z-6 will help them get used to using and placing the shield with more time into the Battalion. It also is given to literally every other class in DU so why not let the heavy get it?! Heavy may not be an official regiment with leads and such, but it is something we still want more numbers in with people staying interested in playing the job.

And uh… have you ever been on the DU heavy whitelist? I feel like you’re talking just to sound important rn

(it’s a common problem with Synergy members, don’t beat yourself up over it),

the whitelist already gets the shield…

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

15 hours ago, Deku said:

Yeah, honestly if DU had 501st clout they’d be the biggest battalion on the server. A wise man once told me that.

Anyways, +1, this is a dope suggestion to make the Heavy regiment actually useful, I don’t think we need to take shields away from DU, but now other battalions get to share that shield ability.

And uh… have you ever been on the DU heavy whitelist? I feel like you’re talking just to sound important rn

+1

Edited by UgandaCTLegion
15 hours ago, Deku said:

my bad i literally thought this was a DU suggestion for heavys to get shields, dumb on me because Ive actually never used the whitelist so I wasnt sure. But im 50/50 on this suggestion tbh and i think the idea would make the heavy job a lot more fun for other battalions but would also decrease interest and uniqueness within DU and DS at the same time. for now I remain neutral in the matter and i apologize for the misconception:laugh:

Doom the Boom

The only other way to bri g HVY into relevancy would b3 to give it the rocket launcher, but thats just makes HVO irrelevant in the process. Shields are universal useful and this is not taking from DU and DS, the group with shields as they have them on all jobs.

We will have to make sure and or remind people that shields can set off anti tank mines. I might be wrong there but I think they can.

+1

• Agree 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

5 minutes ago, Gadget said:

The only other way to bri g HVY into relevancy would b3 to give it the rocket launcher, but thats just makes HVO irrelevant in the process. Shields are universal useful and this is not taking from DU and DS, the group with shields as they have them on all jobs.

We will have to make sure and or remind people that shields can set off anti tank mines. I might be wrong there but I think they can.

+1

From my extensive testing of blowing myself up often, just about any entity seems like it can.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

I swear if this means making heavy need a "Shield Training" in order to become Heavy then I will lose my shit. 

Nonetheless, a good idea, +1.

Edited by Slak
  • Agree 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Slak said:

I swear if this means making heavy need a "Shield Training" in order to become Heavy then I will lose my shit. 

Nonetheless, a good idea, +1.

I don’t think this is needed and I would ensure that it doesn’t happen on a server level as long as I’m palpatine. It’s a very simple tool and very self explanatory. If battalions want something that’s up to them  

+1, as much as I think it might shoot dooms unit in the foot the positives for the server as a whole are too fresh. 

• Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

2 hours ago, Slak said:

No battalion would ever let this happen, it's like if 41st suddenly wanted to take over ARF training like no one would let that happen. Any "shield training" is gonna be inside batts probably by the HVYO+ after the tryout is done so they know how the shield operates and stuff.

• Agree 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

I would say -1 simply because shields are a big part of DU, however I do like the bubble shield/hex shield that we used to have. If heavies could get a bubble shield to diversify encounters on the server that would be a good balance between adding stuff for HVY (they need more stuff) and not lessing DU's uniqueness. 

Something like this (I know this is NOT my suggestion, just an example my statement above)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682125090&searchtext=bubble+shield

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

• Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

• Confused 1