CF-99 “Tech”

RP Rank:

XO

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:43977309   

Regiment you are applying for:

SOBDE        

Experience:

212th PVT - 1stLT (December 25th, 2018 - September 8th, 2019)

When I first joined the server with some friends, I ended up settling down in the 212th. This is where I learned the basics of the server, and how to lead in groups. When I became MSG, I tried out for Ghost Company,  and achieved the name of Reed, a named position. I also became an ARF trooper on Endor after receiving the needed trainings, and eventually became ARFL of the battalion. Becoming these positions helped me understand how to do document work, as well as leading people to achieve the same things I had. After having some hardware issues with my computer, I was forced to take a long LOA after achieving the rank of Warrant Officer. After my LOA, I came back and decided to take a break from 212th. Some of the people that really stuck with me were Juicy, Shake, Bro and Valor. 

Delta Squad Fixer and Boss (September 8th, 2019 - January 20th, 2020)

After countless attempts on SOBDE, I finally passed tryouts and was given the rank of Fixer. My squad at the time was Agent, Cabrera and Scream. Joining an entirely different environment on the server was really refreshing for me, and I spent most of my time RPing with other members of SOBDE in the server. A lot of people have a sort of negative look at SOBDE and their methods because of how they present themselves, a sort of higher being within the server, but I understood why. The people in SOBDE were the hardest working people I’d had the pleasure of working with. Once Agent’s term as Boss was up, I decided to run for it, and with the support of the rest of the regiments, I was given the rank of Boss. I worked on filling my squad with newer people as to usher in a new generation of SOBDE, and worked with my XO (Cabrera) to change the documents a bit to suite the current needs of the squad. Near the end of my term, I applied for SOBDE Regimental Commander, but was denied for a number of reasons. Even so, the time I spent in SOBDE really taught me a lot, and I was ready to bring the knowledge I had back to my home, in the 212th.

212th MAJ - XO (January 20th, 2020 - August 12th, 2020)

When I resigned from SOBDE, I came back to 212th as a MAJ. I was determined to eventually get to a position that would be able to directly benefit the battalion in one way or another. I slowly but surely made my way up to Advanced Recon Overseer, which oversaw the antics of ARC, ARF and Ghost Company. Not much to say about this position, I oversaw the regiments and helped them with any trials they had or with whatever documents they needed. Under the Cody at the time, Jagger, I made my way up to the rank of LTC, and Jagger’s term came to an end. The last Cody, Alien, took the reigns and shortly afterward, I was given the rank of REGL, where I am today. Along with 212th intel, I’ve helped all of the regiments along in document work and made sure that all of the regiments have what they need to thrive. There were definitely some rough spots that myself and 212th High Command had to go through, but we fixed them to the best of our ability.

Non Clone Experience:

Sith Hopeful - Sith Lord (2019)

Even though most people remember Sith as a nuisance to the server, I actually had quite a lot of fun with it. SIth is where I learned that roleplaying a character can actually be the most enjoyable thing to do on SWRP. The RP that Sith did was unique, and even if everyone didn’t like it, I think the people that were directly involved will say that Sith was a great addition to the server before it was removed. Once the final Dark Lord (Chrome) was given his position, I was appointed as a Marauder Lord alongside people such as Apextank and Caboose. With help from the founders and the Wrath at the time (Kitty), we were able to usher in a new branch known as Carnage, which set the bar for the Brute branch in Jedi, which still exists today. I was the only person to ever achieve the rank of Carnage Lord before Sith was removed.

Base Ops PVT - 1SG (2019)

Although I don’t remember the actual date, I did join Base Ops at some point in 2019 with notable individuals such as Dennis, Carvis and Husky. I don’t remember much about it, but it gave me an appreciation for what Base Ops/Naval can do if done properly. Back on Endor, Base Ops were basically just glorified bellhops, but now, thanks to some excellent leadership, Naval is starting to pick up steam again. I hope it stays this way in the future.

Jedi Padawan - Knight Adept (2019 - 2020)

My stint as a Jedi was a short one, but I did accomplish a decent amount in the time that I decided to put towards it. I became Guardian and began doing some roleplay around the base, before finally joining a battalion, which happened to be 187th under the command of Sugga. I was recruited to that battalion by the one and only Nightmare, but just days later, Sugga had to resign and I no longer felt the need to play my Jedi much. Fast forward a bit, and I start taking Jedi a bit more seriously. I get the rank of Knight after finally passing Knight trials, and start to practice for Brute trials, because why wouldn’t I go back to my roots? I passed Brute trials first try, and eventually also became Brute Manager. Sadly, I grew a bit burnt out from Jedi, but I might return if I see a reason to in the future.

New Admin - Vet Admin (August 13th, 2019 - December 1st, 2019 / February 19th, 2020 - April ?) / (September 29th, 2020 - Now)

When I applied for staff, I genuinely wanted to help the server. At the time, the server was at an all time low, and I just wanted to see what I could do to help out. The first time I applied for staff I made it to Admin, but I don’t count that as real experience because I don’t remember it all that well. Once I got staff for the second time is when I really started doing work. I became a TRO and busted my ass up to SA. A few weeks later, I was deemed worthy to become a Vet Admin. I was really hoping I would get HA at some point, and I felt I was ready for it. Unfortunately, I got beat out by other candidates and didn’t get the position. I was already sort of burnt out from the weeks and weeks of work, and this sort of felt like the final blow. To be honest, I didn’t feel the drive for staff anymore after that, so I put up my resignation. In February, I applied for staff again, but it wasn’t meant to be, as I had many other things on my plate like battalion stuff and IRL work. Being staff taught me a lot of things, like how to stay on top of quotas and methods to deal with minges or just difficult people. Since I’ve come back to staff again, I’ve already achieved VA again and am working towards my next promotion, and hope to eventually make it there.   

Why should you become a Regimental Commander?: I feel as though SOBDE Regimental Commander is just my next step in the server. SOBDE has always been really interesting to me and I'm grateful I'm finally being at the point where I can apply again. I’m a lot more confident in the people that I would be working with now and don’t feel like going for this position would be wrangling people, but more assisting them in getting new additions added to SOBDE and ushering newer people to enjoy the things that I enjoy the most. As things are, all of the squad leads and XOs are very competent people, adding even more to the regiment’s appeal. I feel as though me being regimental would not only help bridge the gap between SOBDE and the rest of the server (which has always seemed to be a bit of a problem for the regiment), but also help the future of SOBDE thrive when the current SLs and XOs step down/get promoted. I’ve been told by not only the previous SOBDE Regimental (Pythin) and a few others within the Regiment that I am looking at this position wrong, that based on things I’ve said in the past that I want the Regimental to act as a BCMD more and lead all the squads. There’s a good chance that I have said things like that, but I very much am inclined to act  as an overseer/communicator for the people of SOBDE and the rest of the server when needed. Some things struggle to be communicated when the thing being told goes through so many buffers, and the Regimental Commander’s best interest is to work with the rest of High Command to better the server for their regiment. I understand that there are a few people currently within the regiment that are not fully on board with even having a Regimental Commander, but I believe that just having the position filled can make some things easier.         

Do you understand the lore of your regiment?: 

Null-Class ARC Troopers were the first clones to be manifested off of Jango Fett. They were adopted by Kal Skirata after being deemed failures by the Kaminoans, and were fully integrated into Mandalorian culture, even being named after Mandalorian warriors. Ordo, Prudii, Jaing, Kom’rk, A’den and Mereel were trained for combat by Kal Skirata and were quite independent of the rest of the Republic during the various wars and battles they took place in. Each Null had their own personality and quirks due to being the outcome of genetic experiments of Jango Fett.

Delta Squad was a squad of 4 Republic Commandos led by RC-1138 “Boss”. Delta Squad is known for participating in various battles in the Clone Wars such as the 1st Battle of Geonosis, Kashyyyk and Mygeeto. The members of Delta Squad included RC-1140 “Fixer”, a stoic trooper who always sticks to protocol, RC-1262 “Scorch”, a happy-go-lucky demolitions expert, and RC-1207 “Sev”, a borderline psychotic marksman.

Omega Squad was a squad of 4 Republic Commands led by RC-1309 “Niner”. Omega was a stealth unit capable of cloaking themselves using their special Katarn class armor known as Night Ops armor. Omega was known for their many missions in which they snuck onto various planets and completed tasks, notably their mission to Qiilura, where they meet Etain Tur Mukan. The members of Delta Squad include RC-1136 “Darman”, a calm but deadly EOD expert who eventually marries Etain Tur Mukan, RC-3222 “Atin”, a quiet and serious tech expert, and RC-8015 “Fi”, a humorous sniper and medic with a tendency to collect souvenirs on this deployments, and was eventually injured in the line of duty and replaced with RC-8843 “Corr”.

Clone Force 99, also known as the Bad Batch, were a group of defective clones with desirable mutations led by CF-99 “Hunter”. Bad Batch go against the grain on most of the Republic’s operations and do missions their own way, with strategies only they could pull off. The members of Bad Batch include CF-99 “Wrecker”, a large brash powerhouse with a love for blowing things up, CF-99 “Tech”, an extremely smart joke-cracking tech expert who records everything around him, and CF-99 “Crosshair”, a sniper with a condescending attitude towards “Regs”, which denotes clones born through basic methods.         

Availability:

I’m available most hours of the day. I’m always able to be reached on discord and most of the time on Teamspeak, granted if I’m actually at my computer.

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server: 

-212th ARFL

-212th WO

-212th REGL   

-212th XO

-Delta Squad XO as Fixer

-Delta Squad Boss

-Bad Batch XO as Tech

-Sith Lord

-VA x2

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes, of course.

Where do you want your regiment to be at the end of your term?:    

SOBDE has always been different than other regiments. There’s way less people, and much more personal relationships with the people inside the squads. Without sounding ridiculously cliche, I want the squad to be in a good enough place where all the members feel comfortable staying or progressing through the ranks of the regiment. I personally am always striving for the next step up for my own personal accomplishment, but I know many people in SOBDE that aren’t that way. I just want people to be comfortable in their position and for me to be a present figure who knows the current systems and can help them with whatever they need. I also want new people in SOBDE, that’s been a mantra of mine for quite a long time. The biggest goal I set while in Delta as Boss was to fill my squad with people who hadn’t been in SOBDE before. I want other people on the server to experience the sense of individualism that comes with being in an SOBDE squad, the sense of freedom that comes as a perk of passing a difficult tryout. I want to make that a goal of mine as well, even though it’s completely up to the people who actually decide to come to tryouts, whether they be completely new or returning members.

How do you plan to improve relations within your regiment?: 

Currently, the regiment is actually in a really good place when it comes to relationships within their respective squads and outside their squads as well. When it’s go time, the people in SOBDE spring to action and really show off how good they can be when it comes to roleplay and work as a solid group. All the squads are this way, when a squad is full it’s like magic, as seen from squads like Omega. Outside of events, the people in SOBDE just like to have fun and not take everything so seriously. Again, SOBDE is very unique in the way it operates, so improving relations is mostly just squashing the beef between individual people until a situation diffuses. Very rarely do you see people pick sides within SOBDE, since everyone is considerably closer on average than your average battalion.        

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes.   

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your regimental commander rank?:

Yes.

Edited by Fyi

hi.

8 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Do you plan on doing anything with battalion outreach? Improving it, doing nothing, removing it, or...?

Outreach is difficult to manage, since every person in SOBDE thinks differently about it. We're currently testing out a phase of outreach that gives the members of the regiment the freedom of not being bogged down by work that they feel obligated to do, while still helping out the server in various ways. The biggest issue is that obligation to do work makes people not want to do the work at all. The hope is that helping out other battalions in trainings and general day to day things won't be a chore, but more second nature. 

hi.

Forum Admin

Personally, I don't feel like this is a required spot that needs to be filled in for SOBDE to function, but since you are applying, I do believe you'd DO the job of being a regimental quite well. You don't act too brashly on situations, you consult everyone about issues and ideas, and you aren't dumb. +1, Good luck Fyi. 

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1

Concerns for you were real, but it seems you took them to heart. I'm willing to trust you this time. Remember to not get too hands-on, you're a Regimental Commander. Trust your Squad Leads an XO's to uphold your standards.

• Agree 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

+1

Fyi, I’ve known you for a long time you’re a very competent person and I feel like you’d be a good fit for a Regimental position. Good luck Fyi...

Too much to read

GO OUTSIDE

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

+1
I am very skeptical when I first hear that you were applying and wanted to treat the position as a BCMD position. I am though relieved you understand that it is there to overseer and assist the BCMDs and help the communications with high command. That being said I look forward with working with you and I hope these plans or views do not change later on down the road. Please do keep a cool head an all situations and make sure to see both sides of each coin. And please remember that you hold the base standard for all of SO BDE and I hope you hold it high.

• Agree 1
Forum Admin

void

Edited by Guac

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1 I think Fyi is one of the few people that i never seen anyone have an issue with him, and with my short time spent in SOBDE with him he was doing good.

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

4kwxfa.jpg

okay so I have been giving this a lot of thought, and I have a few concerns with the plans you have told me about if you applied.

1. if you give the SOBDE Reg position more power, than you take away from the Squad Leads. They are put in Charge to ultimately deal with their squads, the Reg steps in when he needs to. If you are to do this then it feeds into the minds set that the SOBDE Reg is like a BCMD, and the SL are CMD’s, and that’s not the way to do things. 

2. Look at Bad batch. You told me that you’d want to run with bad batch, now go do it. Bad Batch is a good place to start, and I think you’d be a great hunter. 

3. Too me honestly, and no hard feelings, this just looks like a power grab. Ever since you were in SOBDE you wanted Reg, and now, after a retarded event, the position is open.  I don’t think the SL need a Reg at the moment, and I think you can do a better job as a SL before jumping to a reg. 

+1

Edited by Pythin
Changed vote
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Friendly 1

Former: Liaison

Forum Admin

He also did state he's more inclined to be an overseer, and especially when he came to every SOBDE member discussing this, we all agreed that we don't CURRENTLY need a hands on Regimental, obviously if an issue arises he takes care of it but I'm sure Fyi won't treat it as a BCMD position. 

• Agree 2

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1 good luck

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

4 hours ago, Pythin said:

4kwxfa.jpg

okay so I have been giving this a lot of thought, and I have a few concerns with the plans you have told me about if you applied.

1. if you give the SOBDE Reg position more power, than you take away from the Squad Leads. They are put in Charge to ultimately deal with their squads, the Reg steps in when he needs to. If you are to do this then it feeds into the minds set that the SOBDE Reg is like a BCMD, and the SL are CMD’s, and that’s not the way to do things. 

2. Look at Bad batch. You told me that you’d want to run with bad batch, now go do it. Bad Batch is a good place to start, and I think you’d be a great hunter. 

3. Too me honestly, and no hard feelings, this just looks like a power grab. Ever since you were in SOBDE you wanted Reg, and now, after a retarded event, the position is open.  I don’t think the SL need a Reg at the moment, and I think you can do a better job as a SL before jumping to a reg. 

it’s not that I don’t think you are ready for the position. I just don’t think it’s the time 

I am going to address these criticisms, since out of all the people who have given support or had their doubts, I have the most respect for you.

1. After talking with the majority of SOBDE and hearing what they think about the position (or at least getting the most information that they would actually tell me) I have determined that attempting to make SOBDE Reg more like a BCMD like I have mentioned in the past is not the way to go. I agree with you, the regiment is not needing of something like that at the moment. I mentioned in my app that I wanted to act more as an overseer/communicator for SOBDE to allow them to explore new ideas and get their points across to the rest of the server, which is somewhat difficult sometimes. I WANT the Squad Leads to have the power within their squads, I was never going to take that away.

2. Bad Batch was a squad that I got into and watched around me as the members of the squad literally vanished. It was just me, and I promised to you that I would fill the squad. I can still work the other member of Bad Batch to fill the squad, even if I am not currently in Bad Batch itself. To be quite honest, and I've said this before many times when people ask me "Why aren't you going for Hunter", I find the job unfulfilling and it just doesn't receive as many benefits as some of the other jobs within Bad Batch. If I'm going to be playing a job for months on end, I need to actually be interested in the weapons they carry and the personality they have to stay interested. So, to wrap a bow on it, the reason I am not going for Hunter is because I want to avoid burnout at all costs.

3. If I'm being totally honest, yes, it is a bit of a power grab. Going for this position is somewhat selfish. I've wanted to be High Command on the server for a long time for a sense of self-fulfillment. That hasn't changed through this iteration of SOBDE either. If that bothers people, I apologize, I am somewhat selfish when it comes to actual responsibilities on the server. I like to keep myself busy. However, even if the regiment doesn't currently need a Regimental, that doesn't mean that situations won't arise where the duty of a RCMD is needed. I understand the doubt of me going straight to RCMD, I have been SL before and I can say that it really isn't that much different from what I've been doing. The only "change" that would happen as a squad lead is a change of name and character and one more spot open in my squad. I've already treated the spot of XO just like I would a squad lead since I was left alone in the squad.

Hope this clears stuff up.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

hi.

I am new to SO BDE, and I'm still trying to sort of... get the lay of the land. But from the outside and the inside I've come to trust you, and having read through your application and all of the responses I will gladly give you my support. +1

Your last time as Boss was ‘okay’ bringing up past controversies that are a year old is pointless.

SO BDE Reg is easy as hell but the people in it have been really inconsistent.

if you want to take a hands off approach that’s fine just don’t let things turn into a situation where you are only giving warnings and the squads don’t listen or learn from mistakes like with some regimentals.

You’ll do fine, if the squads support you that’s more than enough for me.

+1

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

From my time in SOBDE, Fyi has been a solid member of SOBDE. His activity is consistent, he's very competent when it comes to his actions and he makes sure to think about things before acting. He's very friendly to new people and it a good person overall.

I think that your reasoning for not wanting Hunter is totally valid. In your reply to Pythin, it just proves that you put thought before actions. I think that the SOBDE Reg has been filled with some very in-consistent people, and someone like Fyi is the total opposite of an inconsistent, controversial person. That's not to say that Fyi won't impact SOBDE in a big way, however. I think that Fyi has been in SOBDE for a long time and has given serious thought to the problems that SOBDE has.

I have total faith in Fyi, if that means anything going forward. <3

+1
Do good, smile.

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

+1,  i think saying someone is ready for a position but it isn't the time is one of the worst reason's for why someone shouldn't be in a position I saw this used against people so many times in my experience on CWRP. Tech you are qaulified and ready to be a RCMD, and that what this application should be about not if it's the right time for a SOBDE RCMD, but if you're qaulified for it. Which you are more so than most people I can think of. If the SLs support you, that means they're going to work with you and improve the Regiment with you. Reading your app I can trust you have a grasp of what you need to do and that you're capable of adjusting fire when needed so to say. 

good luck on your application, I hope you get the interview, & I hope to see you as the SOBDE RCMD. 

- Doom (Fred)

Current: Stroodle's Work Slave (DU Intel DIrector) | DU ARCL SFC

Past: BCMD Doom | Senior Admin | Training Officer

Banned

+1 

+1 YOOOOOO

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

• Management
Management
2 hours ago, Teaa said:

and for your information...he likes pie!

That's a lie and we all know it

Anyways I would prefer you to go for Hunter which is an actual needed position because if you get Reg you're gonna spend most of your time pretty much being discount Hunter and running Bad Batch since Marshh is fairly new to SOBDE and everyone else gets denied for it. Though on the other hand I would like to see you finally get this position and I completely understand the reasoning behind going for this rather than burning yourself out as Hunter first.

+1 Best of luck xoxo - Smelly Marvel

spacer.png

• Funny 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Everyone Minus -1'ing saying that you aren't ready for it, But it's the easiest position in SO BDE:Pepega:  I supported you in your last run for this Mister Presi~ Fyi/Pie. I saw a lot of issues and a lot of tissues, maybe some good things in your previous positions held in SO BDE. Trust your Squad Leads, Not gonna give them the satisfaction of openly admitting they're BCMD's cause I love fucking you cunts around. If they or members get out of hand, Lay the great Mjölnir down on them :monkaGun: Now the moment I've waited months to do informally, I Tinovious  Previous Niner, Kal Skirata and SO BDE Retarded Regimental Commander full heartedly give you my +1. Just don't do what I did, Resign and run for Hunter two weeks after cause you've got commitment issues and are over protective of SO BDE and the amount of blood it sucked from you:WOWERS:

All in all, I trust you've learned from the last time we scurried the halls of Anaxes and the very autistic screeching of the SO BDE ts channels. As the once might @Agent said before, "Turn off you bias bro":pepeLaugh:

• Funny 1

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

+1 best of luck

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Congratulations you have been ACCEPTED for interview
You have until the 20th of Novemeber to contact a director to conduct your interview 
//Locked
//Moved to pending