Base Pass System In-Game

Rohan

Head Admin

Name: Rohan

RP Rank: Guild LT

Suggestion: Adding base/visitor's passes to the in-game contract menu as a tab.

Implementation: The addition of base passes to the /contracts menu, that according to the main discord github channel is being improved, as a tab on there. Allowing the ranks that ARE able to grant base passes to access that tab through a command, I.E. /pass, and log it there for people to check. Anyone should be able to check the menu, however the exact ranks that would be able to grant it, copied from our BH Rules & Regulations would be the following:

WO-CPT = 6 hour Pass
Jedi Master = 12 hour Pass
Any Naval = 12 hour Pass
Any CG = 12 hour Pass
MAJ = 12 hour Pass
Jedi Overseer+ = 24 hour Pass
Commander+ = 24 hour Pass

Additionally, if this is possible, upon death remove the base pass from the system to enforce the NLR ruling. If it was an OOC death it could always be re-added (prop kill etc.)

How does this benefit the server you may ask?
Prevention of someone just filling in the current form and forging the pass (linked to the base access database).
Having a system in-game that allows us to keep track in game as opposed to having sheets which used to benefit the RSB, which no longer exist.
Enforcing the NLR rule with base passes and the system for removal of it upon dying.

Lore: Lore

Workshop content if applicable: Requires development

Other: I know the system is being worked on now and hope that posting it now it could still be added before the next update drops.

@Brooklyn  was involved from navy side from this, forgot to add that

Edited by Rohan
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 3

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

+1 totally not bias

• Funny 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

3 minutes ago, Levii said:

My only question if that's a thing then how would people be able to forge passes? I'm sure doing this could cause issues with metagaming as people will check them for a basepass before asking for it and metagame the hell out of BH.

Metagaming is AOSable. Although, people can STILL check as the database sheet for passes is public. So to answer this, if you ARE being metagamed. AOS them. The only way to prevent 100% metagaming is to not have base passes at all. Which would make BH being on base legally impossible

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1 Excellent idea.

Also, what about maybe making it so that instead of making it a menu that people can see who has a pass, that when you run a command you need to be looking at the person, and it will automatically say "Base pass clear" sent in chat (in a way unable to be faked with /me) if they are actually on the list. Or, if they are not on the list, it would randomly pick between clear or invalid/forged? This would wholly prevent the style of metagaming by looking at the sheet and would allow for some RP where the BH doesn't immediately know if their fake pass was caught (which would be realistic). This could even be implemented to give buffs to Naval, CG, etc. when checking the passes so they are more likely to catch a fake pass, and maybe give one of the BH jobs a buff in faking them as well.

The actually logged, real passes could be placed somewhere accessible to Guild Leadership and Staff in the case of any rule debacles.

Edited by Keegan
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2
  • Informative 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

+1 Love this idea. Base-passes have kind of been a flawed system that never has been really changed because what more can you do to it, but now that we have the contract menu more things open up. Also love Keegan's idea to prevent meta-gaming like @Levii mentioned.

🌓🌙

+1 can majorly help prevent metagaming. 

Only if its doable though

I also agree with Levii's question. It can fix some but it can cause some issues.

Edited by Mystic
  • Agree 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Head Admin
14 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Would also like to see different tiers of base passes that give access to different areas

That's what we got permits/contracts for 

• Agree 1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

+1 This would actually help a lot, so many times I get passes and the person doesn't fill out a form then it's somehow on me. This would be god tier!

- CG MED SGT Snow | RvB Agent Wyoming

Formerly: Coruscant Guard Snow, Temple Guard Gatekeeper V

spacer.png

Forum Admin

+1 would also be cool to allow CG and Naval and Commanders+ revoke base passes as well in that menu and specify a reason

• Agree 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

• Director
Director

+1

GM Leadership

+1

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

ew bounty hunter, oh wait this is like actually a good idea +1

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

+1 and make it so CG can remove base passes as well please

• Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)
  • 1 month later...
Systems Dev

This suggestion has been moved to REVIEW PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been accepted by the community vote or through Founder approval and a concept is being created by the development team)

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.