Alpha ARC Addition

Xiao

Name: Xiao

RP Rank: Jedi Commander (Approval from Bleach and Marr and Founders)

Suggestion: 2 new jobs for Alpha ARC

Implementation: Adding Alpha-30 "Sull" as well as Alpha-90 "Tavo" as two new jobs within Alpha ARC each with their own specialization

Lore: Alpha-30 "Sull" https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Alpha-30
         Alpha-90 "tavo" https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tavo

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")
Required Development for models

---

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Add
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: Alpha-30 "Sull"

Slots: 1

Description: The Alpha-class Advanced Recon Commandos were a group of 100 Advanced Recon Commandos created from Jango Fett's DNA by the Cloners of Kamino.

Model: Requires development
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: rw_sw_wristblaster_heavy_blue, rw_sw_dual_dc17, rw_sw_dc15a_o, rw_sw_dc15s, rw_sw_westarm5, comlink_swep, sent_boosterpack, weapon_bactakit, rust_syringe

Other: 450 Pay

---

Add or Change: Add
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: Alpha-90 "Tavo"

Slots: 1

Description: The Alpha-class Advanced Recon Commandos were a group of 100 Advanced Recon Commandos created from Jango Fett's DNA by the Cloners of Kamino.

Model: Requires development
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: rw_sw_wristblaster_heavy_blue, rw_sw_dual_dc17, rw_sw_dc15a_o, rw_sw_dc15s, rw_sw_westarm5, comlink_swep, sent_boosterpack, alydus_fusioncutter

Other: 450 Pay, Ability to spawn Armor and Hack Tools

• Director
Director

+1 as alpha is rancor’s only subunit it would be good to give it a couple more slots!!!

• Agree 1

+1 for the idea however: The suggestions section says model suggestions/additions are currently closed. Should contact a founder for perms I think?

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

10 minutes ago, Keegan said:

+1 for the idea however: The suggestions section says model suggestions/additions are currently closed. Should contact a founder for perms I think?

Ive already talked to Forseen and we have approval from jad as well to do this

• Informative 1

revoking my vote and staying neutral. Both sides have good points, but i feel this should be something further discussed among the people it affects.

Edited by Mystic

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Banned

+1 better call sull

• Dumb 1

Current: Jedi Master Diplomat Saesee Tiin + Alpha-78 Valiant  ||  Former: CF99 Tech | DS Rys | RT Bigmouth | 327th PFC Vindin

• Management
Management

I'm ngl this all sounds a little too much to me. I think y'all have the perfect setup for Alpha ARCs as it with just about 1 of everything and then two leadership characters/positions. Alpha imo doesn't need more slots considering how OP the unit already is. Flying ARC troopers with 1 of each regiment is an actual powerhouse and adding another medic and support job is only gonna make it even more OP. Also other than adding another medic and support job I don't really understand what purpose these two specific Alpha Class characters would add? They both deserted the GAR fairly early in the war and have barely any other lore other than that. I think 7 flying ARC troopers with special kits is more than enough for the server

All this sounds like is adding more over powered jobs to the mix which tbh I don't think Rancor needs a larger subunit considering it's constant back and forth from being somewhat active to barely alive normally with Alpha ARCs being the more active players in the battalion. It's gonna be a -1 from me chief. Sorry

• Agree 2
  • Dumb 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

I agree with Marvel. But more on that:

Alpha is fine the way it is. You already would be receiving Stec in place of Valiant. Which is a HUGE win in my opinion. Unless that got thrown out the window.

I understand why you picked these two. Because they have actually lore. But this would be going closer to Null Squad with the whole "I'm my own group" vibe. I can see this character RP harming the rep of Alpha and Rancor because of it.

Lastly, you wouldn't be making Muunilist 10 as you see it. You aready have 6 people who were never affiliated in it. Look for a different name. (This is a cringe reason but valid)

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Dumb 3

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

For me this was my baby that I was trying to get on track. 

I'll explain my reasoning on why I personally wanted to see this addition, however I am uncertain if the overall motive has changed.

For me Alpha throughout my term was about rebranding from instead it being called "Alpha-Class" but instead strive towards the "Muunilinst ten" as it was more solidified in terms of lore, roleplay and overall a unified team instead of it sounding like a class that is filled with "Chads". This has been already done internally and I hope this maintains persistence throughout Rancor. 

The other reason for the request for the roles, was to remove the mentality of "We need another branch" and instead we could just expand our Alpha Program slightly with the two additions and that would "hopefully" stop the consistent wants and needs for an additional unit. In-turn it would bring new roles into the community giving the opportunity for people who are interested to roleplay as said characters and add additional appeal to both Alpha and Rancor entirely. I'm uncertain the amount of people that have applied already for the roles and would need @Xiao to fact check that, but I believe five for Sull and two for Tavo, however I could be mistaken.

When it comes to battalion activity, this can be argued with many battalions who are unable to fill their respective lore slots, which is a common trend, appearing in the community, especially when it comes to units, however this seems to be a global issue.

My only concern, however ambitious and the reality is if you do not try then you'll never get it, I do believe that the addition of a Support and Medic loadout would be a huge push that would seem unlikely. Instead, I would argue pick either Support or Medic for one of the two and then replace the other one with a Heavy or ARF loadout. Keeps it realistic.

However of course I am going to provide support for a project that I wanted to implement. 

+1

Edited by Void
On 8/18/2022 at 9:57 PM, Marvel said:

I'm ngl this all sounds a little too much to me. I think y'all have the perfect setup for Alpha ARCs as it with just about 1 of everything and then two leadership characters/positions. Alpha imo doesn't need more slots considering how OP the unit already is. Flying ARC troopers with 1 of each regiment is an actual powerhouse and adding another medic and support job is only gonna make it even more OP. Also other than adding another medic and support job I don't really understand what purpose these two specific Alpha Class characters would add? They both deserted the GAR fairly early in the war and have barely any other lore other than that. I think 7 flying ARC troopers with special kits is more than enough for the server

All this sounds like is adding more over powered jobs to the mix which tbh I don't think Rancor needs a larger subunit considering it's constant back and forth from being somewhat active to barely alive normally with Alpha ARCs being the more active players in the battalion. It's gonna be a -1 from me chief. Sorry

One of everything -_-, Nate has nothing, Nate has a standard ARC Loadout as a supposed EOD wym everything, Most of the Alphas aren't as broken as you think especially if you compare them to other subunits like Wolfpack especially as previous comet Wolfpack is fs the most broken Sub Unit.

On 8/19/2022 at 1:26 PM, Comics said:

-1, if there's 1 thing Rancor needs it's more jobs they can't fill

Sounds like past Attack issues stick with some 

spacer.png

Anyways +1, i mean none of the issues i see being brought up are really logical mostly cause like i said prior we dont have one of everything our kits have been nerfed so its quite an idiotic statement to say something is something when its not cause we dont have one of everything, we have one trooper attached to a training, but they dont have a loadout to go with it if anything most alphas are just normal ARC trooper jobs, so yeah and lore wise i mean that can always be adjusted.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Dumb 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

-1 The lore sucks on these two characters. 
You already have enough alpha arcs that fly around with ARC kits.
I dont even remember the last time you actually had a full alpha anyway, so why get more?

You need to continue focusing on improving the outlook of Alpha. Alpha has carried a torch of just being a position for people to act as assholes in rp and do nothing else. Recently you guys have been working on actually rping as the characters and not just being rude because Alpha. Lots of improvements have been made with alpha and the way they act but I think you still have some ways to go. You dont need more lore characters to fill, you need to continue focusing on your alpha rping as their lore characters.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Dumb 4

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, Dono said:

I dont even remember the last time you actually had a full alpha anyway, so why get more?

You need to continue focusing on improving the outlook of Alpha. Alpha has carried a torch of just being a position for people to act as assholes in rp and do nothing else. Recently you guys have been working on actually rping as the characters and not just being rude because Alpha. Lots of improvements have been made with alpha and the way they act but I think you still have some ways to go. You dont need more lore characters to fill, you need to continue focusing on your alpha rping as their lore characters.

Alphas full. And has been for like 2 weeks before they added the 2 new ones. - With that the people that stepped down when void resigned caused openings.

This is also just seemingly a bash of alpha lmao? 

Piff hit the nail on the head. 

Its op cuz it’s rancor? Anybody with a Jetpack should be getting flack. Wolfpack actually gets good kits also. What’s up with that are they op? The ARC kit? All the base weapons are terrible in comparison and are rarely used by anyone with perma weapons to begin with. 

All in all, it’s two characters and alpha is severely important to the way rancor functions. There isn’t much for rancor and it’s already at a disadvantage because of the way lower enlisted works with new players.

Also best not let me catch a battalion in a slump or it’s no new fresh content for them! How dare they! 

+1

Edited by Craigary
  • Funny 1
  • Dumb 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Management
Management
1 hour ago, Piff said:

One of everything -_-, Nate has nothing, Nate has a standard ARC Loadout as a supposed EOD wym everything, Most of the Alphas aren't as broken as you think especially if you compare them to other subunits like Wolfpack especially as previous comet Wolfpack is fs the most broken Sub Unit.

Alpha does have one of everything. Maybe Nate doesn't get anything but the others do. Why not give Nate something instead of adding two more jobs? Alpha is significantly more broken than Wolfpack. They're essentially the same except all of Alpha has ARC kits on top of their special kits and get special perms in game with things like leaving without PTL and what not. Actually Wolfpack's SUP character doesn't even get a jetpack like the rest of his unit unlike Alpha where their SUP character does. Whether or not you have an extra kit or not you have an ARC kit with a jetpack which is in fact, fairly broken.

6 minutes ago, Craigary said:

Its op cuz it’s rancor? Anybody with a Jetpack should be getting flack. Wolfpack actually gets good kits also. What’s up with that are they op? The ARC kit? All the base weapons are terrible in comparison and are rarely used by anyone with perma weapons to begin with. 

Wolfpack isn't trying to add two more jetpack jobs with a MED and SUP loadout and ARC kits? If they were I would have the same response. I don't understand why y'all are bringing them into this.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Winner 4

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

I was reading through this, and to be fair, Marvel and Brooklyn have some very valid points.  I was originally going to +1.  In turn, I do think Rancor should try and focus more on the Rancor side of the battalion.  Ever since the inception of Alpha-ARC's all the way back to Metro and me, it's always been kind of a stickler in the battalion, always focusing less on the overall battalion and focusing on themselves.  Aside from that, Marvel's point regarding WP is extremely valid. 

-1 from me. 

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

7 minutes ago, Luther said:

@ConradCurrently they are at 17 and this will put them at 19 if it gets accepted.

With this information I'm totally down to see new characters be added to alpha, however I'm not the biggest fan of these kits. People have brought up concern with balance, and IMO Alpha is the most stacked sub-unit that exists. They beat out WP because they all have their westars. Now IMO Medic and Engineer kits are the top kits on the server. I would be a bit more interested if these kits where not MED and ENG. I see nothing on their lore page about these characters signify them as MED or ENG. Is this something you guys would be willing on meeting more in the middle on? Seems like that would fix most of the -1's on this post so far. Let me know what you think about this @Xiao

• Pay Respect 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Ok sorry it’s taken so long to reply back I haven’t really had the time to so im gonna try now. The reason for adding these two with the specs is to help diversify the small roster of alphas we have. This can be seen by how it would make two medics, two sup, two heavy (stec and Nate but Nate is supposed to be HVO with nothing cus yeah alpha) leaving muzzle the only one who doesn’t have one.
As well even though they have these kits their roles would be different with sull being focused on interrogation and tavo being eng/pilot leaving Aven still with medic rp and maze with more tech and pilot still if he wanted to.

As well alot of alphas and characters in lore done have alot behind what their specs might of been other than like one line so we are just trying to do with what we can.

In regards to them being broken it’s hard to balance anything with a Jetpack and because of that alphas along side some of rancor don’t even have some of the base ARC loadouts. Some prominent being no chain gun across the board and Nate not even having a rocket launcher with him being EOD

in regards to the two alpha character having no lore and it sucking quite a few jobs on this server have no lore or lore that was made up by people and with the lore they have they won’t be doing that leaving because it’s lore but having more of a is this the right thing the republic is doing sense if it’s understandable 

finaly in terms of alphas attitude I prefer to not go into the situation and will be talking to them about having to act more professional and be the role models they should be for others.

finaly we aren’t asking to make a whole new subunit out of the jobs we have and rancor/alpha has revived little to no changes sense I have joined about 2 years ago and have always got the short end of the stick so I’m hoping that this change will be something rancor can use to help improve it in general 

• Confused 1
19 hours ago, Marvel said:

Wolfpack isn't trying to add two more jetpack jobs with a MED and SUP loadout and ARC kits? If they were I would have the same response. I don't understand why y'all are bringing them into this.

Its called an example or a comparison by some 
 :pepe1IQ:moment

6 hours ago, Conrad said:

With this information I'm totally down to see new characters be added to alpha, however I'm not the biggest fan of these kits. People have brought up concern with balance, and IMO Alpha is the most stacked sub-unit that exists. They beat out WP because they all have their westars. Now IMO Medic and Engineer kits are the top kits on the server. I would be a bit more interested if these kits where not MED and ENG. I see nothing on their lore page about these characters signify them as MED or ENG. Is this something you guys would be willing on meeting more in the middle on? Seems like that would fix most of the -1's on this post so far. Let me know what you think about this @Xiao

Im not the one personally suggesting this, but my idea was some type of comprimise if anything personally this suggestion wouldn't exsist instead i'd work on improving current jobs like Nate cause i use to be able to actually make shit blow up, now im not, but thats my piece of cake on it

Edited by Piff
  • Dumb 6

spacer.png

• Director
Director
23 hours ago, Dono said:

I know I had a full Alpha squad before I left and When myself and void had talked about expanding I was jumping at the idea. And the reasons we chose those 2 characters was because they at least had something for lore and like void was saying it can bring some more appeal to alpha. And before I cant some flak for this about Sull and Tavo leaving the GAR early in the war I have been told that Rancor is going to be keeping a short leash on the people that get those positions currently to make sure that the standard that we had in the past for Alpha's is kept and that we do not have people in those positions that are just going to abuse that "Lore" thing every event! I am hoping this gets passed through as I believe there can be alot done with these characters in RP and see how it would play out!

• Director
Director

The Alpha jobs are strong, but with them being broken I don't really see it and it. But in adding these jobs I think it would bring more appeal and more people to the battalion because it can be hard to do that because some people view Rancor as a training battalion. Rancor officers in my opinion have some of the hardest jobs on the server because they have to deal with everyone on the server and not just the people below them in the hierarchy of the battalion. I personally believe that if these jobs or these certain characters get added and have jobs it would be a good addition to the battalion as a whole because it may bring in new people and make people want to stay in the battalion for a chance to be one of those characters in the future because of the lore behind them. I know when I joined rancor that is what I wanted to do and I don't see adding more of that as a problem. And after reading a lot of the opinions on the jobs/loadouts I can see with them being a medic and a support job would be a little strong and the Rancor Command and Alpha leadership team should get together and possibly come up with a change for at least one of them to another job instead of medic or support. And adding to the opinions of Alpha being Broken or overpowered in that the jobs/characters are only as good as the people who play them, for example if someone is just running in and trying to fly around stuff in a jetpack with the new droids they are just going to get killed extremely fast, and that is true with a lot of the jobs on the server. The kits are only as strong as the GM will make them in a certain event or encounter. I know I am ranting now but I think i got all my thoughts through and I am a huge advocate for change for Rancor and Alpha in general because from what I have been reading there hasn't been one in years!

• Confused 5

+1 but make Sull the ENG please. I can't do MED RP .-.

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

15 hours ago, Ollie_ said:

But in adding these jobs I think it would bring more appeal and more people to the battalion because it can be hard to do that because some people view Rancor as a training battalion.

Bro what?

it may bring in new people and make people want to stay in the battalion for a chance to be one of those characters in the future because of the lore behind them.

The lore in the current alphas are STACKED. To rebuttal this point, you and Void both said that the only people who have applied for alpha as of late have been rancor only. I don't think adding 2 new jobs is gonna solve anything. I refuse to count Tec, because the chance of him actually maining that character and be active is just not gonna happen. No offense Tec.

Rancor officers in my opinion have some of the hardest jobs on the server because they have to deal with everyone on the server and not just the people below them in the hierarchy of the battalion.

I don't think this has anything to do with adding alpha slots but I do agree.

As for the Battalion Jobs. RANCOR has MED / HVY / HVO / SUP, as regiments. Alpha has MED / SUP / HVY (Valiant cause minigun) / EOD based / IR (if thats still designated.
    Alpha doesn't need 2 more jobs of the same caliber. MED / SUP. At this point you aren't doing anything for Rancor's regiments but only focusing on the sub-unit.

One thing that I know has irked people is "Why do battalion ARC's get the clone minigun, but only the CMD jobs get it in Rancor?"
    What I'm getting at is. Buff the main battalion. Alpha is fine. Just request Nate gets the PLX and you will be set.

• Agree 3
  • Confused 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

3 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

What I'm getting at is. Buff the main battalion. Alpha is fine. Just request Nate gets the PLX and you will be set.

Facts i agree just gimme rocket

• Winner 1

spacer.png

Switching my +1 to -1! People have brought up a lot of valid points regarding this and other possible directions to take with Rancor, sorry!

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

On 8/21/2022 at 6:48 PM, Piff said:

Its called an example or a comparison by some 
 :pepe1IQ:moment

Yeah and it was a dumbass comparison...

-1 Seems like Alpha Is second to Galactic Marines in asking for new things for their sub-units despite having the most stacked one on the server.

• Agree 2
  • Dumb 4

🌓🌙

+1 full send

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

On 8/26/2022 at 3:09 PM, Hanz said:

-1 Seems like Alpha Is second to Galactic Marines in asking for new things for their sub-units despite having the most stacked one on the server.

that was definitely a dumbass comparison considering the past 2 years of the battalion and KU still being a pretty shit sub unit 
DD is cool tho

the Darman Keller guy

• 1 month later...
Banned

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

• Funny 1
  • Winner 1