Hot-Toys-Commander-Cody-2-3083228567-155
Steam Name: PFC Mater

RP Name: Commander Barlex

RP Rank: Commander

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:558422132

Battalion or squad you are applying for: 212th Commander Cody

Experience:

212th PVT – CMD

I've spent a decent amount of time in each rank bracket in 212th to understand how everything works. I tried my best to do everything I could to help this battalion. I’m not going to lie, hitting 2ndLT was the roughest transition for me, but with the guidance that the SO corps outlined for me, I became a great officer. Once I got SO I did everything in my power to help the JOs in the way that my SO corps helped me, and I saw nothing but improvements in the JO corps. Now as a Commander in 212th I have put my focus on every part of this battalion, making sure that no one goes without help, and that anyone in 212th can come to me.

2ndAC Trooper – 2ndACC Barlex

I got recruited into the 212th by a 2ndAC trooper and I set my goal to bestow that glorious jetpack and horribly pixelated helmet. 2ndAC was in a rough spot and the moment I got 2ndACS I did everything I could to recruit new players into this badass subunit, and it did not go unnoticed. I then tried for Parjai and after finally succeeding I set to work with its leadership team to try to re-work how 2ndAC operates. Once getting Bear, I worked closely with my Barlex to fill up Parjai, and after succeeding I was in the lead of one of the first full Parjai Squad known to the server in a long time. Once I achieved Barlex, I worked hard with my Bear to fix and set up the 2ndAC we have now. With our hard work not only did we fill a new Parjai, but we filled the entire subunit full of great people who love the subunit just as much as I did when I first joined.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

212th is the only reason I stayed on this server for more than a week. I have grown to fall in love with the community 212th has surrounding it and I thrive to make sure it stays that way. I have stuck with the battalion through its recent ups and downs and through those periods I understand what this battalion needs to keep it strong. I have done everything with the power 212th has trusted me with to benefit and help during rougher times and I will never put my focus anywhere else but the well being of 212th. I have shown through my positions like officer, 2ndACC and even Commander that I have the drive, knowledge, leadership skills and work ethic to lead this a battalion. This battalion has moulded me to be the leader I am now and its those skills that shows that I am ready for BCMD. My activity on the server and in 212th is something that I'm proud of and I know that as Cody I can support the battalion with an active BCMD who will be there to interact with everyone and just focus on what matters to them: The well being of 212th. I know that I have the support of the battalion and that signifies that 212th trusts me with carrying the current implementations and goals and to run not only the battalion but its pure hearted community.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:

The 212th Attack Battalion was led by Marshal Commander CC-2224 “Cody” and Jedi General Obi Wan Kenobi. 212th was parent to Ghost Company being Cody’s most trusted clones, 2nd Airborne Company and its affiliated Parjai Squad being clone paratroopers, Foxtrot Group being an elite squad of Clone Commandos, and Red Squadron being the Republic's most talented pilots. Other notable troopers consist of: Waxer, Boil, Oddball, Gregor, and Barlex. Some notable battles: Battle of Ryloth, Teth, 2nd battle of Geonosis, Umbara, and finally Utapau where Order 66 was executed.

Availability:

3:30 PM EST – 12:00 AM EST

I am almost always available in Discord

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:  | Commander Barlex has played for 1635:202.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:

The 212th is in a good spot at this moment but nothing is perfect, and I want to leave this battalion in an even better spot than it is today.

Stability

The 212th will always be the well maintained engine that could go miles with no oil left. Through the worst position I’ve ever seen it in we still had systems in place that would result in the battalion bouncing back into good condition, But the issues that caused the slight downfall was motivation members had to do the work required to keep the battalion running. 212th has now entered a spot where it needs motivation from HC and its officer corps to engage people to hop onto their clone. I want to continue my efforts to make the current and future members strive for the well being of the battalion just as much as they strive for their own growth in the 212th.

Roleplay

The 212th prides itself on using its numbers to create fun roleplay, and that’s something that we need to focus on. The purpose of this server isn’t to just sit around and shoot droids when they appear but to really engage and create fun roleplay as we play along. 212th’s ARC team and HC have been dabbling around with ideas to engage newer and even older players to engage and to personalize their roleplay when in 212th such as squad systems, mission boards and a general push to roleplay with everyone on the server and I plan on pushing hard to see these systems through. All I see when I get on the server is 212th members growing their roleplay skills and I hope to inspire them to hook newer players into enjoying and participating.

Community

I believe that one of the main reasons 212th manages to stay strong is because it has an amazing community surrounding it, we're not just in this battalion together but we are all friends that genuinely care and like being with each other. I want to engage the 212th community to stay close to each other. Having fun game nights outside of Garry’s Mod, fun competitions and staying up all night joking is something that 212th has always done but I see it diminishing now. I don’t only care about face of the battalion on the outside, but I want to revitalize that drive to get on and have fun in the 212th community so that new players can really jump on and not just hang out with the battalion but hang out with their friends.

Officers Corps

The officer corps is strong but few in numbers. When someone climbs to the rank of officer, they tend to struggle a bit, and I see few cases where a new officer struggles to stand out, and I believe its since you can run through SGT-CSM in 212th and still not gain any new responsibilities. I’m looking into making that distinction between JNCO and SNCO where people can visualize their growth and can prepare themselves for officer responsibilities and having to prove themselves ready for that promotion rather than counting merits. Through the previous Cody's terms, we've changed WO to be a trial officer rank to get a feel for new officer responsibilities and to prove yourself ready to move up in the officer corps. With these changes, it left the entire JO corps with carrying the responsibilities of WO together. I want to revisit the changes this makes to the JO corps and set in stone the mindset on how to utilize their role as an officer to

NCO Corps

As Right now the 212ths NCO corps is running beautifully, we have active NCOs who don’t only do their part to help the battalion but go out of their way to welcome new players and to just have fun. But as stated above, There are barely any distinctions between SGT-CSM besides merit values changing. I want to make that distinction between JNCO and SNCO so that SNCO start to feel a sense of leadership and to help out their newer colleagues on being successful NCOs, to give them an outlook on some attributes we look for in an officer, and to finally give them something new to look forward to in the NCO ranks instead of just grinding through 7 ranks before you get different responsibilities.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: Yes

Edited by Mater
  • Friendly 1

Former: Parjai MEDO Captain Four | Parjai MEDO Major Bear | 2ndACC Commander Barlex | Commander Cody

+1

Mater will be a fucking excellent Cody from front to back, to say that he isnt one of my strongest CMD would be a extreme understand,

You want a guy that is gonna actually roleplay as cody? Here is your guy, his time as 2ndAC showed growth, he is gonna be one of the most consistent, roleplay heavy, leader of a BCMD that you guys are gonna see

• Informative 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Dumb 4

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

+1 In the short time I’ve been in 212th Mater has always been an amazing leader and friendly character in the battalion and always been someone to look up to. He definitely has the ability to become Commander Cody and I can see him being this position. He is a valuable leader in 212th and it’s great that he is going for Commander Cody. 

• Friendly 1

He has done VERY well as a commander and I think he can follow-up bacta pretty damn well.     There is only ONE time I can think of that I had issues with Mater,  but he came to me personally and handled it well.    It was not him that originally caused it but after sitting down with me we both came to agreement what had happened was bullshit.

+1 go show people 2ndAC can be good leaders so they can stop memeing.

Edited by Zensras
  • Friendly 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

My time with you in 2ndAC had a lot of ups and a lot of downs, but overall I look back on our time together very fondly. You've spent a lot of time working with 212th HC to prepare yourself for this role, and I can confidently say that I fully trust you for the position now. You have a confident HC team and officer corps. You have more than enough help to maintain and make this battalion flourish. Good luck.

+1

Edited by Spieler
  • Friendly 1

GMD HA / Guild LT / Dev. Assistant Mavelle 
unknown-8.png

I see you as someone who has creativity in their mind, and that is a far reaching skill. You've got ideas that you can see yourself as capable of implementing and creating a greater 212th.

I just hope you are capable enough as a leader to make hard decisions and do what you know is best, sometimes Codys get too bogged down in what their battalion wants and not what it needs.
Personally, I can see you actually building upon 212th and push forward through some of these fundamental issues 212th faces especially in departments of separation of ranks and progression.

+1, you seem a clear strong candidate, I just hope you have the leadership skills to be a strong willed when it's needed. Cause sometimes it's just what 212th needs, Cody to stamp on the gridlock and force something through. This experience might be outdated but from the Codys I've seen, and my own time, it seems to be the case.

• Friendly 1
  • Confused 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Banned

+1

• Friendly 1

Records I hold: Fastest time to return and resign 4 minutes | Most returns and resignations 6 Times 

21 hours ago, Marvel said:

+1 Haven’t had a ton of interactions with you however the few that I did were always pleasant. Good luck!

I don’t know why people say the encounters with people that should not matter as much as work you see in a regiment then use that and compare it with mater cause it matter much more about actually responsibilities and how he handles it than having a good encounter his application is there to read not just a few encounters with mater he took time out of his day to write that read it then give your opinion 

Edited by Bosk
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1
  • Confused 2
  • Dumb 8

+1, Shortly after my first & second term as Marshal, I had joined 212th and there wasn’t anyone else that I saw doing more work then Mater. Whether it was while he was an SO after my first term, or as a Commander after my second, he consistently put in good work and I think he’ll be able to take the battalion to a better direction for sure. Good luck Mater :Amogus:

• Friendly 1

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

Question for @Mater 

What is your thought on the two discords the 212th has, and are there any plans to bring it into one discord in a timely and efficient manner?

I will wait for your reply to vote.

• Pay Respect 1
  • Optimistic 1
  • Dumb 11

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

41 minutes ago, Dennis said:

What is your thought on the two discords the 212th has, and are there any plans to bring it into one discord in a timely and efficient manner?

I currently have no plans to change discord structure. 212th uses the two discords to organize itself better and current 212th members seem to like having them separated (When Bacta first got Cody, he put a vote to merge discords and result heavily fell on keeping two). I believe that if we were to merge the discords, with our current subunit and regiment structures, it would be way too many channels, roles, and hell to organize. I understand that it may come across silly to people outside of 212th, but believe it or not it works quite well.

After speaking to the 41st Intel Director who was a long time 212th member, she stated that only having one discord is extremely hard to organize to a level that our two discord are. They miss the opportunity  for regiments and subunits to have leadership channels, logging channels and in a whole makes it harder on their Regimental Officers to do their job.

• Agree 8
  • Winner 2

Former: Parjai MEDO Captain Four | Parjai MEDO Major Bear | 2ndACC Commander Barlex | Commander Cody

• Management
4 hours ago, Bosk said:

I don’t know why people say the encounters with people that should not matter as much as work you see in a regiment then use that and compare it with mater cause it matter much more about actually responsibilities and how he handles it than having a good encounter his application is there to read not just a few encounters with mater he took time out of his day to write that read it then give your opinion 

spacer.png

What?

• Funny 3

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

5 hours ago, Bosk said:

Donnie Yagabodigity Moments - YouTube 

If you know you know.

Anyway, +1 seems like a good guy and has a well thought out plan. Best of luck!

Edited by Metro
  • Winner 1

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

3 hours ago, Dennis said:

Question for @Mater 

Over my dead body will the discords ever merge

• Agree 2

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

+1 good luck

• Friendly 1
  • Dumb 6

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1 Barlex | Mater is an amazing person. He's constantly supporting RP and creating a fun environment 

• Friendly 1

Current Ranks/Names Held: Torrent Company Captain Boomer (Resigned), Senior Senator Gume Saam

"Surround yourself with people that care about you. You're the reward. Don't go seeking for others approval. If someone disrespects your advice without hearing it out, cut them mfs out your life. They aren't worth your time."      ~ EmBark

+1 loved Barlex when i was in 212th, Would love to see that same person brought up to BCMD

• Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

On 1/25/2022 at 4:20 PM, Dennis said:

Question for @Mater 

Someone who says shit like this should be voided from voting on 212th applications, 212th will never merge these ever ever
do you know how big those two things are? that shit would be a fucking disaster

and how is this a voting matter? who cares, it works for us?

Edited by Comics
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 2
  • Pay Respect 1
  • Dumb 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

+1 As Mater's campaign advisor, he has my full support.

Also something I'd like to address: As others have previously stated he is indeed Canadian, but I have been working extensively with him to overcome this. Please keep this in mind while voting.

• Winner 1
  • Dumb 1

Former:

Jedi Youngling

Banned

+1 yes

• Friendly 1

Screenshot_20230225_024356.png

Former: Puddle WifeTorrent Company REGL COL Boomer

Banned

+1 pretty cool guy

• Friendly 1

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING