Harsh's Niner Application

Harsh

Please Note: This application was waived by Gears. 

Steam Name: Harsh

RP Name: Omega EOD 36 Darman

RP Rank: CPT

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:167592505

Battalion or Squad you are applying for: Omega Squad

Experience:

212th (PVT - CPT)

The 212th was the first battalion I joined on the server, and the only group outside of Null that I have committed to as a server member over the past two years. I started where everyone does, a fresh-faced private with no clue what CWRP was. I learned quickly, and started climbing the ranks to become a Junior NCO and a 2ndAC Medic (eventually becoming MED lead). After a while, I moved through the ranks as a Senior NCO, joining the elite Ghost Company and serving as Longshot. I was soon promoted to Warrant Officer, and did as much as I could with the position (pushing the NCOs to tryout, promoting passive RP, and hosting regular entertainment for the battalion). My WO term ended with my promotion to 1st Lieutenant and to the position of Boil and Ghost Company Officer. I was promoted to Captain around 2 weeks later, and applied and received the role of Support Overseer (overseeing MED, ENG, and HVY) that I would hold until my resignation around a month later due to school. 3 weeks into being a CPT, I applied for the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi, thus freezing my rank until my resignation. 

Jedi (Youngling to Master)

Approximately a week after I joined the server for the first time, I purchased VIP. I really wanted to try RPing as a Jedi, and I knew as soon I started playing on Synergy that I was falling in love with the server. 

I quickly moved up from padawan to Knight, and passed Shadow trials one late night in May. I soon started working as hard as I could to achieve the rank of master. To do so, I hosted more than 30 trials in a month for the Shadow branch. I also managed to reach the role of Shadow Manager Lead and then GateKeeper (Sentinel branch second in command). As SHML, I created a Shadow handbook to guide newer members through their journey as a Shadow. As Gatekeeper, I ensured that trials for the Sentinel and Shadow sub branches were up to par and being held regularly. 

For my work in the Shadow branch, I was nominated and passed into the master role. I then applied for Ki Adi Mundi, and served a month and a half in the position.  During that time, I built 4 distinct tryouts for each class of 21st Jedi (Nova Corps, GM, KU, and SO). I soon transferred from the position into the position of Obi Wan Kenobi for around two weeks, where I collaborated closely with Cabrera (the next Kenobi) to build GC, Foxtrot, 2ndAC, and 212th Jedi Trials. My journey as a Jedi Master taught me a lot about leading from a command position and what it is like to be in a high command position for a large battalion. It also helped shape the same work ethic and high effort mentality that I apply to everything I do on the server today. 

Null Squad Jaing Skirata

For around 2 weeks in April, I attended and failed around 30 rounds of Null tryouts. I finally passed on the overall round 42, becoming the first person to pass. Being a Null member for the past 7 weeks has been a truly amazing experience. Porch (Kal) taught me a lot about GMOD mechanics and helped me push myself to become a better player, leader, and all around person. As Jaing, I made it my goal to contribute to the Null squad becoming the best squad it could.

To execute that goal, I set up a large number of outreach trainings for the specialized regiment battalions (at the time our designated outreach) and worked with their HCs and down consistently for a month to help them with the issues they saw with their battalions. These trainings consisted of regular PvE and PvP trainings, trainings oriented around specific issues like battle comms, and the Null drills that all of us Nulls hosted together. 

Part of making Null a better squad overall was creating an initiative to fill our squad and ensure that our squad members are the best they can be. I constantly pushed for us to do tryouts (as much as possible) and regularly requested that my fellow Null members train the very same PvP and PvE skills we taught. After all, practice makes perfect, and perfect is the kind of image I wanted us to have for the server. It should go without saying that I also helped with as many rounds of tryouts as I could. 

Playing Jaing was a dream from an RP perspective. I finally had an actual character to emulate, and did my best to promote passive RP server wide by ensuring that I exemplified my character’s traits as much as I possibly could (e.g. being absolutely brutal during interrogations). I also ensured that I remained a good role model for the server; I have never been arrested and have always presented professional behavior both inside and outside of the game. 

Null Squad Kal Skirata

I’d like to preface this section with the fact that I was only Kal for a short 4 day period. I still wear this accomplishment proudly on the server, and consider it one of the best things (removal and all) that happened to me on the server. To clarify why I was removed, I had spoken out improperly in a legacy channel for a battalion I had previously been a part of. I did not follow the rules for the channel, and when I was told to cease discussion, I very stupidly did not do so. I have already privately cleared things up with all involved parties, and have since learned from my mistakes. If you’d like more details or further explanation, I will endeavor to provide it via dms. 

I didn’t have much time to execute the various plans I wanted to as Kal, but I still see obtaining the position as an accolade and wanted to briefly mention it here. 

Doom’s Unit (PVT - CMD)

I came back to Synergy approximately 4 to 5 months after my removal. I had worked extensively with DU as their outreach as Jaing, and noticed that the battalion had been hit hard recently by the exodus of a number of higher ups. I decided to give the battalion a shot, and went to the tryouts. 

I started out as a private back when our HC consisted of Slak (Jedi Lead) and Po (commander). I quickly moved through the enlisted ranks, and started to prove my worth as an NCO. Because of the state of the battalion at the time, virtually every member was an NCO - we had maybe two junior officers, a single senior officer, and a handful of others I’ve forgotten about already. I applied for and received the position of ARFL shortly after becoming a SGT. I had noticed that ARF was dead in the battalion (there wasn’t even a tryout!) and wanted to revive the branch. It took me a week after consulting with certain 41st members to build a tryout and training that are still used today. 

Slak soon applied for Doom, and from my outstanding work in the battalion as an NCO (recruiting, hosting trainings, leading, etc.), I was quickly promoted from SSG → Warrant Officer. 

I only served a 1 week term as Warrant Officer. The reason I was only able to stay for one term was because I was, at the time, studying for the MCAT. For those who are unfamiliar, the MCAT is the Medical College Admissions Test, and is considered one of the toughest graduate-level exams out there. 

My test was a month and a half out when I got WO, and I realized a week later that I desperately needed to focus all of my mental resources on my IRL situation. As such, I put in a one month LOA. Despite my short term, I was given a promotion to the rank of 1stLT. I was told that I did outstanding work over the short duration of my term, and was deserving of the promotion. I was also used as a model WO for future WOs in the battalion, and mentored each of them up to our most recent one (Flip). 

After returning from my LOA, I was given the opportunity to hold the position of REGL. DU high command (now consisting of Flytape, Willy, and Slak) had determined that I was both trustworthy and hard-working enough to hold the position and succeed with it. As REGL, I created a server suggestion to add a JT regiment to DU, something myself and many other DU members desperately wanted. I also asked after and received a much needed discord and rank restructure, adding in the positions of ATKO and SFO to help the REGL oversee the many branches. Finally, I implemented a new training roster to log training from each branch, and created a minimum training requirement for each branch.

My work as REGL did not go unnoticed. I was moved from 1stLT to MAJ a short time afterwards. I used this new responsibility to increase disciplinary standards in the battalion, enforcing comms discipline and PTS in every scenario out of game. I also enforced seriousness in game, cracking down on any potential mingery as soon as possible. Some things did slip under my radar, but I am proud of what I accomplished as a MAJ. I also managed to continue good work as REGL, creating a thriving regimental structure with almost all positions in the structure filled. 

I was then promoted from MAJ to CMD. This promotion came with increased responsibility, and I have taken it upon myself to maintain the principles of professionalism, maturity, and seriousness in game as much as possible (both for myself and others). My time as a CMD taught me a lot about the inner workings of battalion high command during this period. 

Why should you become a battalion commander?

I am an extremely dedicated member of Omega Squad, and have been giving it my all since I passed tryouts a couple of weeks ago. I’ve shown from my work in my positions in the past that I have the work ethic necessary to accomplish my goals, and I never shy away from a challenge. My plans (outlined below) will require time and effort to accomplish, and I’m 100% certain I will be able to apply both of those qualities to my time as Niner should I attain the position. 

Additionally, I have a passion for my role as an SOBDE and Omega Squad member. I legitimately enjoy every second of my roleplay experience on the server as Darman (and I know that I will similarly enjoy my experience as Niner). I plan to apply this passion to my role as Squad Lead to make compelling and entertaining experiences for others on the server. 

I also have the leadership skills necessary for the role of BCMD. I understand the rigid boundaries of behavior necessary for SOBDE members, and I know how to properly enforce those boundaries in a fair yet strict manner. From my experience in the past, I have learned how to be a competent leader in the GMOD RP setting - both inside SOBDE and out of it. I plan to apply my wealth of experience to this position to make Omega as great of a squad as I know it can be. 

I have good judgement, and I am mature enough and humble enough to admit when I am wrong. I know that everyone I work with is comfortable enough to come to me with problems, without having to fear punishment. 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?

Yes.

Availability: 

In Game: Every day 10 P.M. EST - 1:30 A.M. EST

Out of Game (Discord, mainly): 10:00 A.M. EST - 1:30 A.M. EST

My availability hasn’t changed at all over the past 5 months. 

I know that my available hours are much later than prime time. I’m more of a late night player. I’m making an effort to be on the server earlier during the weekends, but my real life does come first. I don’t see my late night activity as too much of a problem. I will try my hardest to work around it as much as possible. 

Estimate how long you’ve played on the server?

Over 3237 hours. 

Do you have a microphone?

Yes.

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?

Filling the Squad: This is a very obvious top priority, and it has to be said. Filling the squad is the most important expectation of a squad lead. 

If I get Niner, two Omega Squad positions will be open: Darman and Corr. I have a couple of ideas about tryouts (who doesn’t when they first become squad lead, right?) that I think will shake them up a bit and make them more entertaining and representative of the qualities I would want my squad members to exhibit. These changes will not take place until after I obtain the position of Niner. Until then, I will work with the current SOBDE regimental CMD to fill the position of Corr using the old tryouts. 

Outreach: This is one of my favorite parts of being an SOBDE member. Outreaching, to me, is so great because it allows squad members to be a part of bigger battalions and help them with whatever they need. However, I understand that outreach isn’t something that everyone likes. With that said, outreach for my squad will be optional should I become Niner. 

I want to take a page out of my old friend Porch’s book and do something a little similar to his “Null Drills” from the past - with a little twist. Essentially, I want to create large-scale outreach events for Omega’s targeted battalions twice every month (bi-monthly). These large-scale events will vary depending on the needs expressed to me by the HC of the outreach battalions. Some ideas I have already are creating a PvE centered hands-on training for breach and clear/assaulting defended positions/holding positions with little preparation/etc., where my squad goes over essential tactics (basic and advanced) for use in the PvE scenarios outlined above. I will claim the event server or a planet and use SA+ SOBDE members to help me design a set of training courses for use in these scenarios. These trainings will then be followed by a practical aspect - a kind of “live fire exercise” if you will - that will actually test the skills we taught in the training section. I want to stress that we will work on all of the aspects that the battalion HC wants their battalion to improve upon. These could be anything from battle comms to PvP skills - I will personally design high quality trainings to deliver to these battalions if they so desire. 

My rationale behind these big events are as follows - SOBDE in lore generally had a lot to do with training troopers to become more specialized. I think that our tryouts instill a lot of essential skills that most players on the server don’t get to exercise very often (i.e. we have a lot to teach). This will be a fun way to help other battalions. That’s not to say we don’t also have a lot to learn (of course we do!). With that said, I’ll be encouraging my outreach-inclined squad members to try and work on battalion specific skills with the battalions they outreach so that they can bring those skills to other unrelated battalions. For instance, an Omega working with DU might learn something valuable about defensive formations while outreaching with them. While we work on an Outreach event with Rancor, for instance, that squad member might go and teach Rancor some of what they learned with DU. It’s all a give-and-take process, and I think it’ll be very successful. 

Lore and Skills: I want Omega to be the “best of the best” on the server by the time my term ends. I know, it sounds super cheesy, but I think it would be awesome to have a squad that are experts with lore and general skills - a squad that is truly “elite.” With that in mind, I’ll be holding regular lore tests/quizzes for my members (with no stakes; it’s not like I’m going to kick anyone out for missing questions, don’t worry) to test their knowledge of Omega lore. 

I’ll also be holding private Omega trainings (both PvP and PvE) that will work to hone the skills of each member, both RP and shooter-wise. These will be thrown together at least twice a week, and will be targeted at establishing/improving a certain specific skill during each training (e.x: one day is TECH RP exercises, another is PvP). I want these trainings to be fun, so if my squad members don’t like them, I will find a way to make them entertaining. 

Maintaining Members and Making the Squad Interesting: Something I’ve seen happen in the past is the establishment of a kind of apathy in squads when people start to lose interest in their positions. This usually ends up with resignations from the squad. I want my squad members to maintain their positions for as long as possible - this will only happen if they’re kept entertained while they are a part of the squad. To make this happen, I plan on doing a couple of things. 

First, I want to do a weekly “commando mission” specific to Omega. This will be an event-server deployment that will test our skills in every way - from hostage recovery to covert elimination of a large hostile force. I want these missions to really stretch the skills of each Omega member, and to make them feel immersed and accomplished when they complete their objectives. 

Secondly, I want to involve my squad a lot more with the rest of SOBDE. I want to avoid an isolationist mentality at all costs. WIth that in mind, I want to work closely with the other squad leads to design similar “commando missions” that play off of the skills of each squad member in SOBDE. 

Thirdly, I want to foster a relaxed and engaging mindset in my squad members. I want my squad members to be comfortable coming to me with anything, and I want them to feel at home when they drop by our teamspeak channel. To that end, I’ll be sure to set up nights to play other games with my squad members (and anyone else interested in joining :)) to keep everyone relaxed and prevent burnout. 

Timeline: 

Day 1-4 of being Niner = Sort out tryout changes with the help of SOBDE SA+

Day 4-11 = Conduct tryouts and find two new members

Day 14 = Omega outreach event #1

Day 21 = Omega special commando mission #1

Day 28 = Omega outreach event #2  

Day 35 = Omega special commando mission #2 

Etc., etc. with tryouts in between if spots need to be refilled. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive you will be removed from your position?

Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and that you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?

Yes 

Disclaimers and Explanations: 

I just want to address a couple of things that I know people are probably wondering about. 

First: My voided BCMD Doom application.

A lot of things went through my mind when I decided (somewhat impulsively) to void my Doom application. At the time, I had convinced myself that I didn’t have the time to deal with being a BCMD. I’m applying to medical school over the next month and a half, and I’ve been working for this particular goal all of my life. 

I shortly realized (a couple of days after voiding) that “not having enough time” was a lie I was telling myself. I’ve purposefully designed my schedule to accommodate around 4 hours in the evening solely to do whatever I want to. That has almost always been to hop on the server and RP with some friends. Yet, at the time of voiding my Doom application, I realized that I simply wasn’t having fun anymore. To be completely honest, I felt a lot of pressure (some from outside sources, a lot from myself) to apply for Doom - every other qualified applicant I had spoken to had denied wanting to hold the position. So, I decided to shoot my shot. Shortly after submitting my application, though, I realized that being Doom was absolutely not what I wanted. I was getting tired of RPing as a non-specialized trooper, and knew that there wasn’t much I wanted to do as Doom as a character. In short, I knew that I would get bored, and that the server would start feeling like a job. So, I voided my app.

This application is different. I still have time on my hands to do what I want to, every single day. Since becoming Darman, I’ve felt a passion to get on the server and RP - the same novel passion I felt the first time I got into SOBDE as Jaing. I know that I’m not making the same mistake I made as when I submitted my BCMD Doom application - no one is pressuring me to do this; it’s something that I want to do. I’ve done a lot of introspection, and I can truthfully tell you that I’m excited for the chance to become Niner and finally be able to flex my leadership skills on the server as a squad lead. 

Second: My past removal from the position of Kal Skirata. 

For those who are unfamiliar, I was removed from my previous squad lead position very early into my term. I had worked incredibly hard to reach my position as Kal Skirata, and the position was stripped from me for a very stupid and callous mistake that I made. I’ve since learned from the experience, and I’ve walked away from it a more mature and sensible person - I can wholeheartedly promise that nothing similar will happen again. If you’d like more details, you can pm me and we can talk about the situation. 

Overall, I’d like to take my removal and experience as Kal as a positive. I’ve learned from the experience, and I think that I can use it to make myself a more effective and efficient squad lead for Omega. 

• Agree 1

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

+1 Harsh has the experience and knows what he's doing!

• Friendly 1

Hi, I'm Marsh, I'm 19, I work at Disney Land as a Mickey Mouse Actor and get paid minimum wage. My mother kicked me out the house so I live with my Grandma. Hit me up on discord for some gaming times!

Forum Admin

+1. My successor. I have faith in his abilities to lead and improve. Just get on at normal times :)

• Friendly 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1 from what I’ve seen people say. I can see you are capable of this position. Just remember to pace yourself. 

• Friendly 1

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

+1 good lad

• Friendly 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Head Admin

+1, good luck Harsh

• Friendly 1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

Forum Admin

+1

• Friendly 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1

Still remember fighting you for whoever passes null tryouts first. But I can say is that Harsh is definently the most chill/mature person I’ve ever known in Synergy and him being Niner I can guarantee that Omega Squad will be a good ass Squad in SOBDE. Goodluck old friend.

Edited by Magician
  • Friendly 1

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED