SOBDE Regimental Commander Ash

RP Rank:

RCMD   

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:43977309

Brigade you are applying for:

Marshall Commander   

Experience:

212th PVT - 1stLT (December 25th, 2018 - September 8th, 2019)

When I first joined the server with some friends, I ended up settling down in the 212th. This is where I learned the basics of the server, and how to lead in groups. When I became MSG, I tried out for Ghost Company,  and achieved the name of Reed, a named position. I also became an ARF trooper on Endor after receiving the needed trainings, and eventually became ARFL of the battalion. Becoming these positions helped me understand how to do document work, as well as leading people to achieve the same things I had. After having some hardware issues with my computer, I was forced to take a long LOA after achieving the rank of Warrant Officer. After my LOA, I came back and decided to take a break from 212th. Some of the people that really stuck with me were Juicy, Shake, Bro and Valor. 

Delta Squad Fixer and Boss (September 8th, 2019 - January 20th, 2020)

After countless attempts on SOBDE, I finally passed tryouts and was given the rank of Fixer. My squad at the time was Agent, Cabrera and Scream. Joining an entirely different environment on the server was really refreshing for me, and I spent most of my time RPing with other members of SOBDE in the server. A lot of people have a sort of negative look at SOBDE and their methods because of how they present themselves, a sort of higher being within the server, but I understood why. The people in SOBDE were the hardest working people I’d had the pleasure of working with. Once Agent’s term as Boss was up, I decided to run for it, and with the support of the rest of the regiments, I was given the rank of Boss. I worked on filling my squad with newer people as to usher in a new generation of SOBDE, and worked with my XO (Cabrera) to change the documents a bit to suite the current needs of the squad. Near the end of my term, I applied for SOBDE Regimental Commander, but was denied for a number of reasons. Even so, the time I spent in SOBDE really taught me a lot, and I was ready to bring the knowledge I had back to my home, in the 212th.

212th MAJ - XO (January 20th, 2020 - August 12th, 2020)

When I resigned from SOBDE, I came back to 212th as a MAJ. I was determined to eventually get to a position that would be able to directly benefit the battalion in one way or another. I slowly but surely made my way up to Advanced Recon Overseer, which oversaw the antics of ARC, ARF and Ghost Company. Not much to say about this position, I oversaw the regiments and helped them with any trials they had or with whatever documents they needed. Under the Cody at the time, Jagger, I made my way up to the rank of LTC, and Jagger’s term came to an end. The last Cody, Alien, took the reigns and shortly afterward, I was given the rank of REGL, where I am today. Along with 212th intel, I’ve helped all of the regiments along in document work and made sure that all of the regiments have what they need to thrive. There were definitely some rough spots that myself and 212th High Command had to go through, but we fixed them to the best of our ability.

Bad Batch Tech/SOBDE Regimental (August 19th, 2020 - Present)

Despite wanting to take a break from the server for a while after resigning from 212th, I found myself in a predicament where one of my favorite positions within SOBDE was open: Tech. I passed tryouts with not too much hassle and invested time into RPing with my fellow squad members and the rest of the regiment. Not before long, my entire squad resigned, and it was up to me and some helpful people alongside me to fill my squad. Although I only got one member in, the current Wrecker, I think I did my best to run tryouts. Once making my way up to SOBDE Reg, some older people came out of retirement and helped fill the squad, and now SOBDE is in a great place, all thanks to the people within it.

Non Clone Experience:

Sith Hopeful - Sith Lord (2019)

Even though most people remember Sith as a nuisance to the server, I actually had quite a lot of fun with it. SIth is where I learned that roleplaying a character can actually be the most enjoyable thing to do on SWRP. The RP that Sith did was unique, and even if everyone didn’t like it, I think the people that were directly involved will say that Sith was a great addition to the server before it was removed. Once the final Dark Lord (Chrome) was given his position, I was appointed as a Marauder Lord alongside people such as Apextank and Caboose. With help from the founders and the Wrath at the time (Kitty), we were able to usher in a new branch known as Carnage, which set the bar for the Brute branch in Jedi, which still exists today. I was the only person to ever achieve the rank of Carnage Lord before Sith was removed.

Base Ops PVT - 1SG (2019)

Although I don’t remember the actual date, I did join Base Ops at some point in 2019 with notable individuals such as Dennis, Carvis and Husky. I don’t remember much about it, but it gave me an appreciation for what Base Ops/Naval can do if done properly. Back on Endor, Base Ops were basically just glorified bellhops, but now, thanks to some excellent leadership, Naval is starting to pick up steam again. I hope it stays this way in the future.

Jedi Padawan - Knight Adept (2019 - 2020)

My stint as a Jedi was a short one, but I did accomplish a decent amount in the time that I decided to put towards it. I became Guardian and began doing some roleplay around the base, before finally joining a battalion, which happened to be 187th under the command of Sugga. I was recruited to that battalion by the one and only Nightmare, but just days later, Sugga had to resign and I no longer felt the need to play my Jedi much. Fast forward a bit, and I start taking Jedi a bit more seriously. I get the rank of Knight after finally passing Knight trials, and start to practice for Brute trials, because why wouldn’t I go back to my roots? I passed Brute trials first try, and eventually also became Brute Manager. Sadly, I grew a bit burnt out from Jedi, but I might return if I see a reason to in the future.

New Admin - Head Admin (August 13th, 2019 - December 1st, 2019 / February 19th, 2020 - April ?) / September 29th, 2020 - Now

When I applied for staff, I genuinely wanted to help the server. At the time, the server was at an all time low, and I just wanted to see what I could do to help out. The first time I applied for staff I made it to Admin, but I don’t count that as real experience because I don’t remember it all that well. Once I got staff for the second time is when I really started doing work. I became a TRO and busted my ass up to SA. A few weeks later, I was deemed worthy to become a Vet Admin. I was really hoping I would get HA at some point, and I felt I was ready for it. Unfortunately, I got beat out by other candidates and didn’t get the position. I was already sort of burnt out from the weeks and weeks of work, and this sort of felt like the final blow. To be honest, I didn’t feel the drive for staff anymore after that, so I put up my resignation. In February, I applied for staff again, but it wasn’t meant to be, as I had many other things on my plate like battalion stuff and IRL work. Being staff taught me a lot of things, like how to stay on top of quotas and methods to deal with minges or just difficult people. Since becoming HA, I’ve learned how to handle situations calmly and in an unbiased way and keep on top of quotas and also leading a large group of people. 

Why should you become a Marshal Commander?:

I’ve always looked at the server as a progressive community. People should always be looking for the next step up to keep themselves engaged and focused on tasks. That’s honestly just a good mantra for everyday life. Marshall Commander is the next step up for me and I feel like I’m very capable of helping the battalions on the server to the best of my ability. Being SOBDE Reg is more of an overseer position, but Marshall Commander is a little bit more hands on. Helping battalions find their bread and butter and fit themselves into the server is something that I’ve wanted to do for a long time. With this position, I feel like I can give battalions/sub-regiments the push they need to succeed and find themselves in a stable position. Since becoming HA, I’ve learned how server politics work and how to talk to people in a way that makes sense for everyone. I believe I can drive in some key changes to the server to help the server in the long run, along with the assistance of the rest of High Command. The server can really use a person to help keep the server on the uphill climb with facilitating RP and getting all the trainings and such where they need to be, and I think I can be that person.

Do you understand the lore of the Grand Army?:

Without going on a long tangent on every single battalion and regiment within the server, I think my time on the server speaks lengths about how much I know. So yes, I understand.   

Availability:

Currently, my availability is quite good. I can get on most days, and my schedule isn’t planning on changing for a few months, so I can continue to maintain the activity I have now with minor issues.   

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:        

212th ARFL

-212th WO

-212th REGL   

-212th XO

-Delta Squad XO as Fixer

-Delta Squad Boss

-Bad Batch XO as Tech

-SOBDE Regimental Commander

-Sith Lord

-Head Admin

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes.

Where do you want the Grand Army to be at the end of your term?:    

I honestly just want the server to be in a stable position. Things will happen, it’s up to me and the people under my command to handle things as they come. There’s a lot of great things in the works that I can’t wait to see strengthen the server. I want to work on helping battalion commanders and officers get the things that they believe will make their battalion more unique and allow everyone to have a say with things that go on in their regiment. Everything will go through the High Command as before, but BCMD’s opinions will matter much more, considering they’re the ones that the changes made will directly affect. I want to hopefully work more with Jedi and BH to get some more in character deals going that benefit both sides without forcing inclusion.   

How do you plan to improve relations within the Grand Army?:

Honestly, it’s not fully up to me. People are bound to have disagreements, I see it more as myself coming in to simmer down situations in which people are getting a bit too heated. In a community, there’s going to be people who complain about literally anything that changes, so It’s up to me to attempt to make as many people happy and give people equal treatment so there’s less to disagree about or complain about. I think the server has been prone to drama recently, It's up to everyone to just relax and enjoy the server for what it is, a roleplay server on Garry's Mod.  

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your Marshal commander rank?:

Yes.   

• Agree 1

hi.

+1 miss the old sith pie marauder lead 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

So, I'm not gonna put in my vote just yet and I want to ask a question and for you to expand upon the more bare bones sections of this app.

For the section of where you want to see the GAR at the end of your term you kinda just say thats your gonna be a caretaker and not add or change anything just make sure everyone is happy. This is something you can do as a reg or with the regs help and doesn't need a MCMD for this to happen. I was hoping you could expand into some more detail on what else you want to do or whether you are literally just gonna sit as MCMD and make sure the boat doesn't sink.

And then you basically didn't answer the next question on communication. How do you look to prevent these heated situations happening or do you just hope to deal with them as a when they occur? As inter battalion communications is important but some groups do it better than others. 

I cant in good consciousness give you a vote until I have a better idea what you want to do apart from have Marshal in your name, cos that's what it looks like if you actually read this app and analysis like a job application IRL.

• Agree 4

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

4 hours ago, Gadget said:

So, I'm not gonna put in my vote just yet and I want to ask a question and for you to expand upon the more bare bones sections of this app.

For the section of where you want to see the GAR at the end of your term you kinda just say thats your gonna be a caretaker and not add or change anything just make sure everyone is happy. This is something you can do as a reg or with the regs help and doesn't need a MCMD for this to happen. I was hoping you could expand into some more detail on what else you want to do or whether you are literally just gonna sit as MCMD and make sure the boat doesn't sink.

And then you basically didn't answer the next question on communication. How do you look to prevent these heated situations happening or do you just hope to deal with them as a when they occur? As inter battalion communications is important but some groups do it better than others. 

I cant in good consciousness give you a vote until I have a better idea what you want to do apart from have Marshal in your name, cos that's what it looks like if you actually read this app and analysis like a job application IRL.

Doing this on my phone so if there's spelling mistakes, that's why. 

1. The server is already heading into territory where too many changes at one time is going to cause controversy. I obviously don't want the server to stay at an absolute standstill, that was never what I wanted to portray in my application. I suppose I didn't outline this well enough in my application, but my largest goal is to get battalions things that make them more unique and expand upon ideas instead of creating them myself. That being said, this means I don't have a cookie cutter plan set, because in my eyes, there's absolutely no way it will go off without a hitch. I would rather take things as they come. That's a personal thing, sorry if it seems lazy. 

2. I stared at the communication and I didn't know how to answer it. I already communicate with most of the battalions quite well and I don't think that would stop if I get the position. Going about heated situations is the exact same thing as when HA or Regimental stuff happens, gather all protruding evidence and come to a conclusion along with the rest of the people involved. I don't think that needs to be changed.

3. I also want to address the application aspect. I tried my hardest to not treat this like a traditional job application or something of the sort. It doesn't make sense to me when the only reason people are allowed to have the opportunity to apply is when they've spent hours on the server working their way up. I want the experience I have to speak louder than words on a page, since at the end of the day, I can speak what I want to do better than writing it. 

Hope I answered everything, apologies for seeming to beat around the bush in the initial application, if I missed anything else, let me know. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

hi.

Alright so before i vote i got some questions.

1. How do you plan to address the lack of leadership across the board in battalions? we have battalions that struggle to maintain leadership and numbers which harms them and the server overall. 

2. How do you plan to help the new young wave of BCMD's that we have? From what i can tell most of our current BCMD's are about 13-17 i don't know how old you are but you do have more experience than them. How do you plan on assisting them to make sure their battalions don't die?

3. How are you going to increase RP on the server? it is my opinion that High Command while yes needed to help with internal battalion stuff also needs to push forward RP on the server how are you going to do so?

4. Do you feel that you can properly balanced life, HA, and MCMD all at the same time to fulfil the duties of the MCMD?

5. Besides things "just being better" what are your other plans for the server as MCMD?

• Agree 2

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

EDIT: After further contemplation I have decided to alter my vote. Points have been made and recent communication problems have impacted my decision and response from others have metaphorically opened my eyes and I agree strongly with points against you. I also feel strongly that it is hard to balance HA and MCMD, but my main reason for the swap over to a -1 is due to the other issues mentioned in posts by fellow SO BDE members. My original +1 does stand and I do believe you are a quality person who will succeed however I can no longer support this in good conscience due to the lackluster communication and performance of your SO BDE regimental term so far.

ORIGINAL: +1

Fyi has been a quality person to work with through ought my time in SO BDE. I have no doubts he will succeed.

Edited by Eclipse

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

I can see you put good detail in this app and answered the questions that have been asked upon you with detail and good explanations. I've only heard good things from your work as RCMD. And I can tell that you are a professional and mature individual that is dedicated to what you do from our time together in the 212th. You promote and improve RP which is very good when it comes to being a MCMD. Best of luck to you and also

19 hours ago, Fyi said:

Base Ops PVT - 1SG (2019)

its naval :monkaGun:
+1

Edited by Matt-Matthos
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

Alright so before i vote i got some questions.

1. How do you plan to address the lack of leadership across the board in battalions? we have battalions that struggle to maintain leadership and numbers which harms them and the server overall. 

2. How do you plan to help the new young wave of BCMD's that we have? From what i can tell most of our current BCMD's are about 13-17 i don't know how old you are but you do have more experience than them. How do you plan on assisting them to make sure their battalions don't die?

3. How are you going to increase RP on the server? it is my opinion that High Command while yes needed to help with internal battalion stuff also needs to push forward RP on the server how are you going to do so?

4. Do you feel that you can properly balanced life, HA, and MCMD all at the same time to fulfil the duties of the MCMD?

5. Besides things "just being better" what are your other plans for the server as MCMD?

1. Lack of leadership isn't something that I can just fix with willpower, things have to fall into place and people have to be willing to take those positions. I will, however, be more inclined to work with battalions to perhaps remove inactive leadership.

2. Along with my previous statements of helping the battalions find their stride and get them to exercise the more unique aspects of each battalion, I can help in officer affairs in struggling battalions if need be, I want the newer BCMDs to have the freedom to do what they want to do with their battalion without me breathing down their neck the whole time.

3. The events are there, people just need to act more like their character. I want people to realize that becoming lore characters isn't the only way to act like a character, there's many things you can practice to up the amount of RP on the server, but the main one is just doing comms RP and using your character's weaknesses and strengths to develop a persona on the server. A great example is Anderson, who acted so much like a dickhead with his character that people thought he just was that way, when in reality it was the opposite.

4. My life is pretty stagnant at the moment. Without going into details, I've got a lot of free time to spend on and around the server. I've settled into the HA role and I wouldn't have applied for this position if I didn't think I could handle it. I've been managing my time wisely and playing other games to avoid burnout, and I think I can go the 3 months without any major issues.

5. Again, my main goal on the server is to assist battalions in accentuating the unique aspects that they already have. I want to help NCOs feel like becoming an Officer is within their reach if they just put the work in by being an active member of their battalion, and I want Officers to feel like that work they put in wasn't for naught. I want to be a driving force in roleplay by being a prominent figure on the server. All of these things are goals of mine. Sure, I might not exactly have a concrete plan that I would follow to the letter, but I think a lot of those times those plans don't go to plan, or people end up accomplishing everything they want in record time and just sit in a position for months. I don't want that to happen to me, I want to spread out potential plans for further into my term to get more feedback from the people I will be closely working with.

• Agree 1

hi.

-1, After reading Marvel's and Ratio responses, it has come to me as well that since you're techincally not close to finishing your current term, I feel that more experience is needed and more time as RCMD.

Edited by Red_Panda
Changed Vote.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

Its very obvious FYI is a upstanding member of the community from his work ethic of balancing HA | High Command I personally have seen him as a good leader/someone with a open mind. . He portrays and shows excellent passion for the server and the community. 

+1

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

• Management

Now there are a number of reasons why I have decided to not support you for Marshal Commander at this time.

Progression comes not only over time, but work put into the position you hold below the next step up. You have been SOBDE Regimental for a little over a month now and to put it bluntly you have legit done little to nothing.

Communication - The communication inside of SOBDE is the worst it's ever been and you are huge part of that. Yeah people converse but they mostly just have normal conversations or goof around. There are zero serious conversations or discussions about anything and when things are brought up only a select few actually engage in a conversation. Just recently you failed to communicate with the leaders of your own regiment before up and making a rule that no one was okay with at all and the one time you decided to engage in a chat, it's to defend a rule you created.

Balancing Positions - Every time I see you on the server you are prioritizing HA. I don't believe you are balancing Regimental and HA really well as it is and I definitely don't believe you will balance Marshal and HA very well either. Marshal is much more demanding than Regimental, especially compared to SOBDE Regimental. If you do get the position I hope you keep that in mind. People want to see the Marshal Commander actively moving around, not AFK in MHB because he needs to log staff LOAs or conduct a staff interview.

Lastly fulfilling the duties of SOBDE Regimental Commander - You've only been in the position for 38 days now, which is the minimum amount of time needed to apply for Marshal Commander. Progression isn't "oh the next position above me is open, time to apply" it's about doing what you set out to do and what is required of you in the position you are in now then finally moving up. It's like prestige in Call of Duty, you hit max level then progress, rinse and repeat. There are so many things that need to be done that haven't happened during your term. Documents are outdated, both discords are a mess, the EOD document is taking way too long and there has been no discussion about it, and more. 

Overall your time as Regimental has been short-lived and just about nothing productive has been done. There's several other tiny little things that I didn't really feel the need to bring up but I just don't believe you are currently fit for Marshal Commander with your tenure as SOBDE Regimental. Honestly Gadget summed it up pretty well with how you basically have no plans apart from Marshal being in your name.

However if you get it, I hope you prove me wrong. Best of luck, nonetheless.

Edited by Marvel
  • Agree 12
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 3
  • Pay Respect 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

You've done nothing substantial for the Regiment since you got RCMD. And since you're not even CLOSE to finishing your RCMD term, this to me looks like a grab for a higher position. You need more time as Reg before you can immediately be thrown into MCMD.

• Pay Respect 2
  • Optimistic 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

-1 your responses were lackluster i feel. Along with ratio and marvels comments

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

After hearing all the comments and from everyone's point of view currently I'm going to -1 after hearing some of the things from SOBDE members I feel you need more time as a RCMD since you have only been it for roughly a month. Along with Marvel and Ratio summed it up

Edited by Jack

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

Forum Admin

-1 for reasons stated by marvel and ratio

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

-1. FYI, I know firsthand how effective and compassionate a leader you can be. However, I have to side with Ratio and Marvel. 

SOBDE needs to stop running through regimental commanders every month. I would love to see you finish out your term and give us some discrete, concrete proof of some efforts to further the rough plan you’ve outlined in the comments. I think a lot of the stuff you’ve mentioned (increasing RP, guiding battalion leadership, helping communicate) can all be accomplished to some extent in your current position. You hold a unique spot in that you have the power to influence EVERY battalion by enforcing things like outreach and RP. 

Show us what you can do now so that you can prove to us that this marshall spot isn’t just a name and title. Regardless, best of luck with your application. 

• Disagree 1

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

Hi, Its your Chancellor. We don't talk much.

So for the record I am not voting nor am I casting my biasness. I am just sheading some light. After the changes, you have the right to contact your Regimentals higher ups such as the Marshal or myself if you have any issues. This being abuse of power or changes to the regiment that do not benefit. So if the issue is never brought up past him then nothing can be done.

Second note, For activity, Once again there is the Regimental Commander Form that will tell the Marshal and Myself how they are doing. This is where you can tell me without a name what he is doing wrong. Again nothing was submitted. 

Thirdly, for time in Regimental. Yes he has not completed his term however he has been in many leadership positions that has shown is mindset. That's neither good nor bad. However I do agree that the HA position and a high position in High Command does not end well. Freck and Woeny are good examples. 

My Two Cents. Also I was a BCMD and went to Palpy and my two Spec Reg Terms were meh.

• Informative 2
  • Pay Respect 1
  • Confused 5

I did things for the server. idk what you want from me.

-1, I feel like anything I say would just be redundant. There is a strong lack of communication between the regimental and everyone in SOBDE which is a leading cause for critique on his part. Though communication and handling situations quickly and on the spot or prepared to speak to others so they can get the situation resolved is something we need as a MCMD.

I'm gonna break this post down like one of those dipshits who think they're smarter than everyone.

4 hours ago, Crimson said:

So for the record I am not voting nor am I casting my biasness. I am just sheading some light. After the changes, you have the right to contact your Regimentals higher ups such as the Marshal or myself if you have any issues. This being abuse of power or changes to the regiment that do not benefit. So if the issue is never brought up past him then nothing can be done.

Why would we report it? He hasn't done much of anything bad, most of the issues just stem from him not doing anything at all. He made one goofy mistake and we all said we didn't like it in like ten paragraph essays using words more massive than our noses. Instead of reporting him, we attempted to communicate and talk it out.

Uh, second point would just me being me repeating myself... too much effort to type.

4 hours ago, Crimson said:

Thirdly, for time in Regimental. Yes he has not completed his term however he has been in many leadership positions that has shown is mindset. That's neither good nor bad. However I do agree that the HA position and a high position in High Command does not end well. Freck and Woeny are good examples. 

The only thing I can think of that was anything of substance was his time as Sith Lord Pie and 212th XO. And the latter he got shit on because battalion members at the time feared stagnation for when he applied for Cody. I don't know much about that internal shit so I'll shut up and let someone who was there explain that.

Boss was a pretty big deal too, yeah, but we're also neglecting the fact that when he applied for SOBDE Reg and got denied, he basically gave up. Demoralization is a terrible thing and I don't blame him, but it was like a flip of a switch. We hardly ever saw Boss on in the last month of his term, if at all. If you think about it, he's never truly completed a full term in an applicable position.

ok that's the last i'll say unless someone says something extremely braindead love you crimson <3

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 5
  • Informative 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

13 hours ago, Crimson said:

Yes he has not completed his term however he has been in many leadership positions that has shown is mindset

I personally think that this mindset of oh he’s been in many leadership positions so he’s good is bad, we have many examples of people like this who just apply for the fun of it cause they know they’re just going to get the position that they’re applying for cause they were in a leadership position in the past, and personally at this point it’s annoying, it’s like no one learns from the past and sees that everytime this happens that person usually does nothing and goes inactive or they are active, but do jack shit and I could name many examples of when this has happened, but y’all prob know too. It should be more of yeah ok cool you’ve been In a leadership position in the past, but you have to prove yourself that you can put in the work and effort into this position now and not just say yeah I did this so I will do it, but end up not doing it.

Edited by Piff

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

it gonna be a -1 from me chief

you still have part of your current term to finish and I've seen firsthand that you have issues balancing stuff.

finish it out and do your absolute best to make people eat their fucking words and then come back :) 

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

12 hours ago, Ratio said:

The only thing I can think of that was anything of substance was his time as Sith Lord Pie and 212th XO. And the latter he got shit on because battalion members at the time feared stagnation for when he applied for Cody. I don't know much about that internal shit so I'll shut up and let someone who was there explain that.

For the record, no one of importance had any disagreements with him being Cody. Most of us wanted him to be, including the current Cody at the time.

• Disagree 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

32 minutes ago, Finn said:

For the record, no one of importance had any disagreements with him being Cody.

:monkaHmm:

For my vote. You've been pretty redundant in your position (from what I've seen and what has been said).
Also I have a huge issue with the fact you only seem to want the positions for the sake of having the positions.
Also, stop going on about experience. If it means literally nothing to you do not mention it. Experience is to show what positions you had and how they affected you and your abilities not how many positions you've held. Include important things which actually mean something.

Ratio and Marvel have said it best, -1.

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Optimistic 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

-1 When you said it was somewhat selfish of you going for SOBDE Reg, most people just accepted and knew you would be fine for the position. You also admitted it was a bit of a power-grab as you've always wanted to be in High Command. You're a nice person, you had the experience for it, and t's really hard to fuck up overseeing 22 or so people. But this is not at all a position that can just be treated as the next step up for you. It takes a lot more than that. Ratio and Marvel said it all and personally, I'm really tired of server High Command communicating so poorly to BCMD's/squads and people being high in staff going for positions that can't give the attention the position needs, then they just go inactive or resign early without accomplishing anything at all.

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

+1 

1) “He’s done nothing substantial for SOBDE since he got REG”. I understand this statement, HOWEVER, I want to play a little bit of Devil’s advocate here. When I was in SOBDE (~2 weeks), I seriously saw very little flaws with that SOBDE. When I joined, SOBDE was totally full and filled with competent people that enjoyed SOBDE and were active. After the mass resignation (Teaa, Inosuke, etc.), Fyi (Tech at the time) did exactly what was expected of him at the time. He was hustling tryouts and looking for those suitable for the position. If he were a crappy and undedicated person, he’d just shit out tryouts and not really care who was in the squad. When it came to a situation when Fyi needed to take action, he did. Once he got SOBDE Reg, I don’t believe I’ve seen any situation that has required a drastic response. SOBDE has been nice, full, and plump the entire 30+ days he’s been a Reg. Whether his time as RCMD qualifies him for MCMD, I’m unsure, HOWEVER, I KNOW that he is someone that can be counted on. If action is needed, he will take action without fault. 

2) “He prioritizes HA over everything else”. To be frank, I agree. However, there have been PLENTY of High Staff that have held High Command. Noble, Freck, etc. Fyi BRING HA just speaks to how dedicated he is in what he does. If Fyi was someone that couldn’t dedicate/make decisions, he wouldnt be an HA. While I’m concerned about his sanity/mental health if he were to be HA and MCMD, I believe that he would excel at both positions. If anything, a MCMD that is FLUENT with the rules can only be beneficial to the server. 

3) “Communication Issues”. While yes, it was pretty dumb to enact an SOBDE-wide rule without talking to the Squad Leads, there is thought behind it. I PERSONALLY don’t agree with the rule, however I understand WHY he would enact it in such a way. When a spot opens up in, for example, Bad Batch, a common behavior for the Lead/XO is to spam as many tryouts as they could until the position is filled. When I was trying out for Scorch/Sev, both Andrews and Bleach would literally run tryouts until 3am (Lix got Fixer at 1amCST, I got Sev a few weeks later at 2amCST). This isn’t a very healthy behavior as it just puts the Lead into a “tryout spam” mode, rather than enjoying their position as their character. Additionally, limiting tryout rounds CAN (not always) keep tryout bias in check and tone down the “favoritism” that some people THINK exists in SOBDE (I personally don’t believe there is, but it has been said). Ultimately, I believe the response that Fyi has gotten from this rule has helped him LEARN that he should communicate with people before enacting a rule. I highly doubt Fyi will make a similar type of choice as MCMD.

Is Fyi perfect? No. But, I’m willing to throw my support for him and I think that he’s sufficiently learned the skills needed to be MCMD. 

However, Fyi, you’ve got a hell of an interview ahead of you. Good luck man.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Confused 4

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

4 hours ago, TheCyan said:

+1 

1) “He’s done nothing substantial for SOBDE since he got REG”. I understand this statement, HOWEVER, I want to play a little bit of Devil’s advocate here. When I was in SOBDE (~2 weeks), I seriously saw very little flaws with that SOBDE. When I joined, SOBDE was totally full and filled with competent people that enjoyed SOBDE and were active. After the mass resignation (Teaa, Inosuke, etc.), Fyi (Tech at the time) did exactly what was expected of him at the time. He was hustling tryouts and looking for those suitable for the position. If he were a crappy and undedicated person, he’d just shit out tryouts and not really care who was in the squad. When it came to a situation when Fyi needed to take action, he did. Once he got SOBDE Reg, I don’t believe I’ve seen any situation that has required a drastic response. SOBDE has been nice, full, and plump the entire 30+ days he’s been a Reg. Whether his time as RCMD qualifies him for MCMD, I’m unsure, HOWEVER, I KNOW that he is someone that can be counted on. If action is needed, he will take action without fault. 

2) “He prioritizes HA over everything else”. To be frank, I agree. However, there have been PLENTY of High Staff that have held High Command. Noble, Freck, etc. Fyi BRING HA just speaks to how dedicated he is in what he does. If Fyi was someone that couldn’t dedicate/make decisions, he wouldnt be an HA. While I’m concerned about his sanity/mental health if he were to be HA and MCMD, I believe that he would excel at both positions. If anything, a MCMD that is FLUENT with the rules can only be beneficial to the server. 

3) “Communication Issues”. While yes, it was pretty dumb to enact an SOBDE-wide rule without talking to the Squad Leads, there is thought behind it. I PERSONALLY don’t agree with the rule, however I understand WHY he would enact it in such a way. When a spot opens up in, for example, Bad Batch, a common behavior for the Lead/XO is to spam as many tryouts as they could until the position is filled. When I was trying out for Scorch/Sev, both Andrews and Bleach would literally run tryouts until 3am (Lix got Fixer at 1amCST, I got Sev a few weeks later at 2amCST). This isn’t a very healthy behavior as it just puts the Lead into a “tryout spam” mode, rather than enjoying their position as their character. Additionally, limiting tryout rounds CAN (not always) keep tryout bias in check and tone down the “favoritism” that some people THINK exists in SOBDE (I personally don’t believe there is, but it has been said). Ultimately, I believe the response that Fyi has gotten from this rule has helped him LEARN that he should communicate with people before enacting a rule. I highly doubt Fyi will make a similar type of choice as MCMD.

Is Fyi perfect? No. But, I’m willing to throw my support for him and I think that he’s sufficiently learned the skills needed to be MCMD. 

However, Fyi, you’ve got a hell of an interview ahead of you. Good luck man.

Just because SOBDE is full, doesn’t mean it’s perfect and there’s no flaws to it

• Agree 3

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Piff said:

Just because SOBDE is full, doesn’t mean it’s perfect and there’s no flaws to it

I agree, but what is a major issue that has happened within SOBDE that has required major action to be taken? 

SOBDE has had everything go their way recently. It’s full of good people, got a new Echo job, they got 2 new trainings. So far, I haven’t seen anything negative happen to SOBDE.

I used to play this server for too many hours at a time.

Forum Admin
19 hours ago, TheCyan said:

Imo we haven't had (within my time on the server of course) a good clone HC member that is also high staff. Not to say they haven't done some good but they end up staying way beyond their limits and leaving many battalions worse that when they came in. I understand you admiring his dedication but lets be honest dedication by itself only gets you so far. SOBDE REG is 100000% different than MCMD, you go from managing 22 completely independent people to managing 13 semi-depended battalions. I think your brush over the rampant miscommunication within SOBDE as a whole is a bit disingenuous and shows the servers lack of standards when it comes to picking people for HC roles.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

On 12/25/2020 at 3:23 AM, Ratio said:

You've done nothing substantial for the Regiment since you got RCMD. And since you're not even CLOSE to finishing your RCMD term, this to me looks like a grab for a higher position. You need more time as Reg before you can immediately be thrown into MCMD.

On 12/25/2020 at 2:30 AM, Marvel said:

Now there are a number of reasons why I have decided to not support you for Marshal Commander at this time.

Progression comes not only over time, but work put into the position you hold below the next step up. You have been SOBDE Regimental for a little over a month now and to put it bluntly you have legit done little to nothing.

Communication - The communication inside of SOBDE is the worst it's ever been and you are huge part of that. Yeah people converse but they mostly just have normal conversations or goof around. There are zero serious conversations or discussions about anything and when things are brought up only a select few actually engage in a conversation. Just recently you failed to communicate with the leaders of your own regiment before up and making a rule that no one was okay with at all and the one time you decided to engage in a chat, it's to defend a rule you created.

Balancing Positions - Every time I see you on the server you are prioritizing HA. I don't believe you are balancing Regimental and HA really well as it is and I definitely don't believe you will balance Marshal and HA very well either. Marshal is much more demanding than Regimental, especially compared to SOBDE Regimental. If you do get the position I hope you keep that in mind. People want to see the Marshal Commander actively moving around, not AFK in MHB because he needs to log staff LOAs or conduct a staff interview.

Lastly fulfilling the duties of SOBDE Regimental Commander - You've only been in the position for 38 days now, which is the minimum amount of time needed to apply for Marshal Commander. Progression isn't "oh the next position above me is open, time to apply" it's about doing what you set out to do and what is required of you in the position you are in now then finally moving up. It's like prestige in Call of Duty, you hit max level then progress, rinse and repeat. There are so many things that need to be done that haven't happened during your term. Documents are outdated, both discords are a mess, the EOD document is taking way too long and there has been no discussion about it, and more. 

Overall your time as Regimental has been short-lived and just about nothing productive has been done. There's several other tiny little things that I didn't really feel the need to bring up but I just don't believe you are currently fit for Marshal Commander with your tenure as SOBDE Regimental. Honestly Gadget summed it up pretty well with how you basically have no plans apart from Marshal being in your name.

However if you get it, I hope you prove me wrong. Best of luck, nonetheless.

Before I would of said +1 but now when I look what they have said they are correct and I am gonna have to change it to a -1 also I thing balancing HA and Marshal is very hard.

Current: Jedi Knight

Former: DU Captain x2 | Meena Tills | Mas Amedda

+1

After some past experiences with Fyi and handling a situation with him, I feel comfortable for him to be the next MCMD or at least see him go through the interview at the very least. 

• Disagree 2
  • Optimistic 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

Congratulations, you have been ACCEPTED for the position you have applied for.

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

• Confused 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management