21st Bacara BCMD

Oxen

Steam Name: Oxen

RP Name: Oxen

RP Rank: 21stKU AT MAJ  or JEDI Persu ChiMar

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18216564

Battalion or squad you are applying for: 21st BCMD

Experience:  Probably Too Much to be honest, but it is needed at this time:  Previous Bacara, Keller, and executive officer of GM since server start of Synergy (modified: Since the start of the server till just over a two years ago, I was online running GM(21), as a trooper, executive officer, keller and finally bacara until I was deployed as  a contractor. I worked through staff from new admin to Director additionally, holding down the position, keeping my activity high and all staff duties.)

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: Right now it is needed, and I am the only one online as much as I am to do the job. (Modified: I did not seek this position once again, but the need of 21st is greater than my personal roleplay of my Jedi. Once a Marine always a Marine)

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?: Yes

Availability: PST: 6pm to Midnight

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Role-play?: Since start of server, except deployments to Afghanistan. I am no longer deploying now.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?: I am only interested in running my trooper until one of my troops is ready to take the mantle of Bacara, as I have always done.  I am going (modified: to ensure 21st, KU and SO are running as an overall team and individual leadership trees.  That means Blackout will run SO as they see fit, Keller will run KU as they see fit and a 21st XO will run it as they see fit. The only one they answer too and gain guidance will be from Bacara. I am looking to ensure that 21st is running again with respectful leadership, mentors and roleplayers) 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: I expect it as it should be.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: I understand and I expect to step down by the end of that time as long as there is one within 21st is ready to take the mantle. (Modified: The relationship of 21st throughout the server, qualified role-players, leaders and mentors will be developed and promoted within 21st. Serious roleplay will be a common endeavor and expected level of maturity presented in game at all times.)

Edited by Oxen

I feel like my comment will be longer than you application

Bro there are skeletons with more meat than this HAHAHAHHAHA

-1, just please write at least 1 paragraph in total
I understand maybe not wanting too use too much text but there are no plans.
How can we trust you if you have basically nothing.
I just cannot understand how this could give us any faith in you coming back to save the battalion. How do we know you don't just want the rank. 
There is nothing to prove:
Your understanding of inter battalion issues
Why you'd be a good person to save the battalion
How you would even save the battalion

It really looks like you just have all the confidence but nothing to show for it.

I have never seen you before. I don't think anyone does, this is an honourary rank snatch.
If you really wanted to best you'd stick around as a major in game and start making changes from there. You don't need to instantly launch into BCMD if you're already a Major.

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1
  • Informative 2

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

I agree with Comics on the length however. Many older players can vouche for how well you did but I feel you should explain to people that don’t know you as much why you should be it. And i haven’t seen much of you on (when I played in august, not as of recent) 21st has changed a lot too

Edited by TheGoodOatmeal
Changed my opinion
  • Informative 1

Editing my answer once again, but this is the final time. We had a previous conversation and I meant to change it that day, but forgot until today. I am changing a +1 to see how he would do as Bacara and I would be willing to standby his side as a 21st member from here until proven otherwise.

Edited by Flytape
Changed mind on past answer
  • Agree 1
Forum Admin
46 minutes ago, Oxen said:

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?: I am only interested in running my trooper until one of my troops is ready to take the mantle of Bacara, as I have always done.  I am going

:pepeLaugh: -1 lmfao "I am going"

Edited by Guac
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

There is absolutely nothing to this application other than the fact that 21st "Needs A Bacara" and that you will "Step Down" when a 21st can take it. I don't doubt that you can do it but this application doesn't outline and plans or well anything really. Fix the application.

Edited by ItnLucky
Not my Final piece
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

The Clover Crew Leader

spacer.png

I'm +1ing because I know of Oxen's previous experience and dedication. The dude flipped GM upside down and turned it right back into the previous direction. This man is a champion.

And also an edit, the dude didn't put much effort into his original application for the first time he was Bacara either; it just shows you don't have to write a fucking novel to prove you'd be a good battalion commander.

(source material)

• Agree 2
  • Winner 3

@Oxen I have a question about your application. Are you trying to fill this position because you feel like it is needed and through this position you want to train someone up to take bacara, or are you here to be bacara and stay with it?

This question mainly comes from this line here .

1 hour ago, Oxen said:

Experience:  Probably Too Much to be honest, but it is needed at this time:

• Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Right, I am adjusting this a bit as I came across as a dick and I accept the Dumbs for it.

I was looking through Rose Tinted glasses and understand that my opinion is construde.

I will be removing my vote for the sake of an unbias vote.

Edited by Gadget
Removing vote due to bias opinion.
  • Winner 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Conrad and to all else with that question,

Let me make this very clear. I did my time as Bacara and as Director and as a Trooper. I came back to enjoy the Jedi side. I have been playing on this server full time on my Jedi (Persu ChiMar). I joined 21st with my Jedi and made sure they knew I was NOT interested in coming back full time on my trooper. I have tried to be patient with the position of Bacara and watched as NOONE PUT IN FOR IT from any battalion. After many conversations with the leadership inside of the 21st, we decided it would be a help to put in for Bacara.  I decided I would do so, with the intent of mentoring, training and coaching the leadership within the 21st and if possible after the 1st term, step down for a new qualified candidate that is ready to keep it moving.  I would love nothing more than to return to my jedi and experience this side of Synergy, but to be honest with myself ONCE A MARINE ALWAYS A MARINE. 

• Friendly 1

From my understanding, there is an extreme disconnect from 21st High Command/Senior Officers and the lower ranks. The lower ranks have vented their frustrations and from what I hear is that the 21st leadership is non-existent in terms of presence (communicating properly with lower ranks) and even toxic at times. A BCMD won't magically fix this situation.  What is your response?

• Informative 1

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

Johnson,

Unless you are part of 21st, I will not be discussing dirty laundry. It is not for you or anyone else's ears on how I and the rest of the 21st (yes every member from Bacara to the PVT) is going to fix the issues. I have always been a person of open communications without reprisals, we will work together as a team, as a unit as a battalion and as brothers to fix our own, from our own, with our own.

5 hours ago, Oxen said:

Johnson,

Unless you are part of 21st, I will not be discussing dirty laundry. It is not for you or anyone else's ears on how I and the rest of the 21st (yes every member from Bacara to the PVT) is going to fix the issues. I have always been a person of open communications without reprisals, we will work together as a team, as a unit as a battalion and as brothers to fix our own, from our own, with our own.

This is not a good thing. Not at ALL. Openness and communication about your plan is absolutely VITAL for anyone to rate the application.

Communication issues are major , and to just dismiss them as something for only 21st members is downright stupid.

Unless you're fixing on adopting an open policy in relation to disclosing your plans, it's  a -1 from me.

DISREGARD PRIOR MESSAGES, my vote is changing to a +1 for reasons stated on my follow-up post.

Edited by Clank
  • Winner 1

+1 I’m sorry but I don’t remember “lengthy” applications were required? Am I missing something? +1 have had several interactions with you recently and seem very professional and the current 21st HC approve of this.

• Agree 1

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

His app last time was probably as long as this time, and hell, he was a great Bacara back then.
I wanna know some things though. 
While you coach up 21st to find a successor, what are you going to do as Bacara besides that? Because any old Regimental Commander can be the guiding star to coach the battalion in the absence of a BCMD, what else do you plan to do?
I was there for your first term Oxen. You're a great guy with great promise. But are you going to do something new and different in your term, seeing as how times have changed?
Once you answer this I will provide my support or disapproval.

If you use the RC Shotgun you are automatically cringe.

1 hour ago, Oxen said:

Johnson,

I gotta say, open communications without reprisals contradicts the first sentence. A lot of people in this community have been or will be or part of in some obscure form or another, a part of 21st. He had a good question though i will say. 

I will be -1 this due to activity from my own personal perspective. I don't think i have ever seen you play a 21st job in the past 4 months I've been here. Also the application does look a little bit on the light side there and would love to know more on how you plan to perform as bacara.

• Winner 2

spacer.png

All interested,

I understand that times has changed and the player base are different than before. I have and will continue to have an open dialect with members within 21st. We have and will continue to discuss issues and solutions that we as a battalion feel will work.  I have no magic ball nor do I know the future. What I am good at is leading, mentoring and teaching others.

How many battalions out there want to air out their dirty laundry and discuss things about people and positions outside to other battalions. It is not a good thing  nor is it any business of others. The only ones that need to know how and what I am going to do about the changes are those within the Battalion and Senior Leadership.

Should I expect to know what is happening in 501st and how they are going to fix their issues? 

I answered the questions (with modifications) to the questions on the form. I am not going to lay out the plan on fixing the issues, in which I am still working on learning the issues. I am still right now as I write this response having by discussions with 21st members and officers in hopes of moving 21st forward.

• Informative 2
7 hours ago, Oxen said:

I am only interested in running my trooper until one of my troops is ready to take the mantle of Bacara, as I have always done.

they why dont you try to become commander again not just apply and then resign at a readom time and you dont know if that person isgoing to get accept by the comunity

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Currently, there has been a few individuals who tried stepping up to the plate to fill the shoes. And those shoes haven't been filled yet. Oxen was one of the finest battalion commanders I've ever seen (especially when it came to leadership.) He'd fill the position with ease, but for the "new battalion" and "server-change", I don't believe it'll be a big issue. There's always room for adaptation. As for SO and SC, communication will be needed for the alternate change. I sincerely doubt Oxen would "butcher" the current 21st and their system/regulations. Democracy and majority vote was big under Oxen; and, I assume it's still the same-old system currently. 

I first witnessed Oxen's performance as a battalion commander around January 2018. (When I first was a delinquent on the server). Oxen led a professional battalion under his belt. In fact, I believe the Galactic Marines were the most serious battalion at the time. Out of all the battalion commanders for Galactic Marines/21st Nova Corps, I'd say (in my opinion) that Oxen was probably the most successful. 

-Firstly, I know you've defiantly got the experience. I assume you know how to lead 21st like the back of your hand, ETC. 
-Secondly, 21st needs a battalion commander and no one has stepped up to the plate recently except you. 

Overall, I believe you'd make a great fit. I'd assume you already acknowledged known issues within the 21st due to communication with the hierarchy of the 21st. 
So, +1

~Porch

• Friendly 1

Clarifications for those interested.  @Chaseman @Slak  SC is not going away, SO is not going away. Changes will occur as needed to fit the times. A glimpse of how I think it will work.   A trooper will enter 21st as a NC, once trained with some qualifications (dictated by entire officer staff and agreed upon), they will be promoted to GM. They can now train for a specific job within GM, get qualifications and attempt for KU or SO. There will be no holds or stops of movement between all three (GM/SO/KU) as long as they have the qualifications and have approval of that branches commander.  KU will be ran by Keller, GM will be ran by GM XO and SO will be ran by Blackout.   SC will remain in place but it will probably only be for LEGACY members and those that acquire that level.  Requirements for Legacy has not been nailed down but will be discussed between the various branches.

Activity, as stated previously, I have been very active on my Jedi Persu ChiMar, if you don't think so, reach out to some that play Jedi and ask about that name. I am not stuck in 2018 and again I expect some growth and changes to myself as well as those that are within 21st.

I was never more than Bacara, I never moved up to another Commander or higher level clone positions. I am not sure what you were saying about "become commander" ...

18 minutes ago, Oxen said:

Clarifications for those interested.  @Chaseman @Slak  SC is not going away, SO is not going away. Changes will occur as needed to fit the times. A glimpse of how I think it will work.   A trooper will enter 21st as a NC, once trained with some qualifications (dictated by entire officer staff and agreed upon), they will be promoted to GM. They can now train for a specific job within GM, get qualifications and attempt for KU or SO. There will be no holds or stops of movement between all three (GM/SO/KU) as long as they have the qualifications and have approval of that branches commander.  KU will be ran by Keller, GM will be ran by GM XO and SO will be ran by Blackout.   SC will remain in place but it will probably only be for LEGACY members and those that acquire that level.  Requirements for Legacy has not been nailed down but will be discussed between the various branches.

Activity, as stated previously, I have been very active on my Jedi Persu ChiMar, if you don't think so, reach out to some that play Jedi and ask about that name. I am not stuck in 2018 and again I expect some growth and changes to myself as well as those that are within 21st.

I was never more than Bacara, I never moved up to another Commander or higher level clone positions. I am not sure what you were saying about "become commander" ...

Upon reading this, and reading actual 21st members' posts, I'm going to be changing my vote to a +1. I still think you should be more transparent with your over-all plan, but if my man Snad wants you, I want you. 

• Friendly 1

Now you say that SC is legacy but that defeats the entire purpose of what SC is meant to be and what a SO trooper is looking forward to be is going to be gone because they need legacy. Personally legacy has been fixed already by Claw and Jaydon to be perfect and don’t think it needs more tampering around with. But anyways SC is meant to be a Side Unit for SO to be able to get into. SC is the elite force of SO and is more known to get the stealth job done with no flaws. They mentor the SO and point the direction of rights and wrongs. But with them gone that guidance is gone and it seems as it will be another run for GM and KU favoritism in my eyes. If you can prove me wrong here I will maybe think different on my vote.

Edited by Slak
  • Informative 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

@Slak To be clear, nothing right now is set in stone on how things are going to go. I have a vision and a plan ready to go, but it will be modified as needed.  My biggest issue with SC is that there is no F4 jobs for SC, we have NC, GM, KU and SO. Leaving that title for Legacy members is a compromise that makes sense. The requirement for Legacy could change or stay the same, again depending on the voting of the SO members. 

Guidance is supposed to be from those within the unit NCOs and from the officer staff within the Unit. As for your favoritism in your eyes, I do not know why you think that.   

Besides you already -1 from a previous post .. fyi.. :)

+1. the length of an application is not and should not be a determining factor on whether or not someone gets approved for an interview. I have faith that Oxen can be the Bacara that 21st needs right now, and if I turn out to be wrong he can always be removed. Good luck

• Agree 1

I mean, I just saw you were given your 21st officer tags back. You should play and be consistently active for the next 1-2ish weeks so people know you can handle it then re apply. Because you’ve been Bacara and Keller lots of times but like people have brought up the server has changed. It’s not really all marine oriented now, in fact, the past few months SO has been carrying the battalion. We also have no Keller or no GM CMD as of now. Why don’t you try doing those again to see if you really still wanna be a BCMD. Cause you JUST got your tags back for trooper and I feel this is too big of a leap. See about progressing instead of jumping straight to it. I feel If anyone else were to also apply with these conditions it would get mostly negatives, but you are well known throughout the old community. So that is why I suggest you play consistently the next few weeks just to get a taste of modern synergy, so you know how the new 21st works in terms of tryouts, trainings, intel, and everything else. Overall  +1 as of now just be more active.

Edited by TheGoodOatmeal
Changed opinion
  • Agree 1

-1 oxen I’ve heard good things of you in the past however, I believe that old members coming back to fix things right away is not a solid move. My only reference point is egg coming back as gree once or twice I can’t remember. He had overwhelmingly positive feedback, however, it did not end well and they are still recovering a year later. I truly believe that one of the newest commanders needs to be advised by a good regimental. You coming back and your plan from what I have seen will not help the battalion. Speeking from experience as the RCMD of 21st the battalion is against change at a fundamental level and their legacy members don’t allow it to change “cuz it’s now how it was in the good old days” I think the best move is to be an advisor and to put more work or lay out a solid 30 day plan.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Winner 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

-1 oxen I’ve heard good things of you in the past however, I believe that old members coming back to fix things right away is not a solid move. My only reference point is egg coming back as gree once or twice I can’t remember. He had overwhelmingly positive feedback, however, it did not end well and they are still recovering a year later. I truly believe that one of the newest commanders needs to be advised by a good regimental. You coming back and your plan from what I have seen will not help the battalion. Speeking from experience as the RCMD of 21st the battalion is against change at a fundamental level and their legacy members don’t allow it to change “cuz it’s now how it was in the good old days” I think the best move is to be an advisor and to put more work or lay out a solid 30 day plan.

Nice name dropping. 
just like to point out it wasn’t eggs fault 41st is where it is right now. When he took over 41st was in a terrible place, he boosted numbers. When he left the people that took over couldn’t keep the numbers but nice try.

@Oxen you were my first BCMD on the server, and a lot of the people responding didn’t get to see what you truly are capable of doing.

Who tf cares if he didn’t write an entire essay on why he should get another chance at a position he did so well at before? 

Facts don’t lie and neither will I, Oxen is an extremely good candidate and I do not see anyone else able to do it so why not? 

+1 oxen. Do what you need to do.

• Informative 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

@Dennis and @TheGoodOatmeal  Just so you both are tracking, I have been on the sever playing and very active on my 21st Jedi Persu ChiMar for the past nearly 2 months. I have stayed in contact from nearly the very first day with 21stNC. I got my KU MAJ tag back on day one, after going through CC training just to be sure I was up to speed with the basics on this server. I even went through some additional training to ensure I still had this servers basics and advanced training like EOD, ENG and medical.

I am not some child or young adult who has no clue what is going on and clueless as to how to present ideas and options to fix something. I look forward to seeing where the leadership within 21st can take the battalion with some specific guidance and mentorship from me, as they will ultimately make the decisions that will move this battalion forward.  

If everyone has an opinion on how to run GM and how the old or legacy members are obsolete in their ability to be successful on this server in this days and age,  why didn't ANYONE step up and apply for Bacara?

Why did I have to watch GM without an active BCMD and KELLER for the entire time of nearly 2 months?  I am done sitting on the sideline wondering and judging. I acted, even tho I was not interested when I came back to play. 

• Funny 1
4 hours ago, Oxen said:

@Dennis and @TheGoodOatmeal  Just so you both are tracking, I have been on the sever playing and very active on my 21st Jedi Persu ChiMar for the past nearly 2 months. I have stayed in contact from nearly the very first day with 21stNC. I got my KU MAJ tag back on day one, after going through CC training just to be sure I was up to speed with the basics on this server. I even went through some additional training to ensure I still had this servers basics and advanced training like EOD, ENG and medical.

I am not some child or young adult who has no clue what is going on and clueless as to how to present ideas and options to fix something. I look forward to seeing where the leadership within 21st can take the battalion with some specific guidance and mentorship from me, as they will ultimately make the decisions that will move this battalion forward.  

If everyone has an opinion on how to run GM and how the old or legacy members are obsolete in their ability to be successful on this server in this days and age,  why didn't ANYONE step up and apply for Bacara?

Why did I have to watch GM without an active BCMD and KELLER for the entire time of nearly 2 months?  I am done sitting on the sideline wondering and judging. I acted, even tho I was not interested when I came back to play. 

Just a few things

1- fe302e31a9580299169289d602c17730.png

You did not get you KU MAJ Tag back on day one. You got it like yesterday, I SS and showed the date for proof. If youre talking about legacy, that technically doesnt count since all legacy members will always be apart of those units unless they get removed. You have been chilling on your Jedi

2- The last part is mostly false. When you say 2 months I am going to assume you mean 7-27>9-27. Fenrir was BCMD until 8/7, Claw was Keller 

8d0010edad8fe0d7fd3d4c3d63082717.png

After Fenrir left, Claw put his app up and was the XO until his app got accepted 8/14 and became Bacara 8/15ish. As soon as he became Bacara, he made Darren Keller. 

9be77ac8528e1804cd36a3a8f475f4c4.png

(Darren is Charger)

Then Claw resigned 9/6

cce46c78ef7355a8ad3e762c58949d80.png

Which led Jaydon to put up an app, and he voided it so he could write a better one. Then Butters did the same, same result.

Then Keller/Darren resigned 9/21

b4ccaed3df9002f2a4b2e8fa2f1c8a41.png

So your point about there "not being a Bacara OR a keller in the past 2 months" Is completely false. We havent had one in 3 weeks, but Jaydon has been basically unofficially running the battalion. We also havent had a Keller in only 6 days. 

3- No one believes that " legacy members are obsolete in their ability to be successful" What is meant by that is that they if they have not been on the server in a while, they should get acclimated to the new changes before getting their hands deep into a leadership position. 21st has changed alot the past 2ish years and it is no longer the marines, SO also. 

Being a Jedi is a lot different then being a trooper, especially 21st. There is tons of trainings/tryouts you need to know that only come with time. 

What I am trying to say is yes, you got the leadership down, but play for like 2 weeks atleast as a 21st Trooper consistently and consider if you want to take on a 3 month BCMD term afterwards. Because when I played all the way up until the end of August, I rarely saw you on just on for a few deployments and such. 

15 hours ago, Oxen said:

Making SO a more exclusive sub unit is not a good idea. Considering id say 4/5 new members join for SO, atleast as of recently. This has not been implemented ever since the merger because of this. Forcing new people to join GM, just to go to SO seems super extra considering GM is more of a frontal attack and marines while SO is more stealthy and recon. These are complete opposites and should remain seperate. Which is why this progression makes no sense. GM to KU makes sense because KU picks the best GMs. This should be the same with SO and SC. SC should not become a legacy job and should be exclusively for the ARC job. If there is no SC then SO would not be as rewarding to join and people would then join GM as a result. You should keep a balance and make it even whatever side you go. NC is the trial phase of the 21st, you do your trainings and wait you 3 days to see if you can make the cut.

Example:

NC> GM or SO.

GM > GM Regs

SO > SO Regs

SO > SC.

GM > KU. 

14 hours ago, Oxen said:

@Slak To be clear, nothing right now is set in stone on how things are going to go. I have a vision and a plan ready to go, but it will be modified as needed.  My biggest issue with SC is that there is no F4 jobs for SC, we have NC, GM, KU and SO. Leaving that title for Legacy members is a compromise that makes sense. The requirement for Legacy could change or stay the same, again depending on the voting of the SO members. 

Guidance is supposed to be from those within the unit NCOs and from the officer staff within the Unit. As for your favoritism in your eyes, I do not know why you think that.   

Besides you already -1 from a previous post .. fyi.. :)

Your issue with the f4 menu drop down thing does not really make sense. Considering, up until the beginning of Summer 2020, KU also did not have their own drop down box and was just a different model on the GM Troopers. It would seem hypocritical of you to make SC legacy only just cause it doesnt have its own drop down menu when KU was literally in the same boat prior to Summer 2020. Again, this isnt a marine only batt now, SO is a big part of it too. I think the best look would be to run a batt in the best interest of SO and GM to avoid bias. For example, each side has their own tryouts for the basic branch (GM and SO) and a tryout for their elite branches and other regs (KU SC). 

18 hours ago, Oxen said:

All interested,

I understand that times has changed and the player base are different than before. I have and will continue to have an open dialect with members within 21st. We have and will continue to discuss issues and solutions that we as a battalion feel will work.  I have no magic ball nor do I know the future. What I am good at is leading, mentoring and teaching others.

How many battalions out there want to air out their dirty laundry and discuss things about people and positions outside to other battalions. It is not a good thing  nor is it any business of others. The only ones that need to know how and what I am going to do about the changes are those within the Battalion and Senior Leadership.

Should I expect to know what is happening in 501st and how they are going to fix their issues? 

I answered the questions (with modifications) to the questions on the form. I am not going to lay out the plan on fixing the issues, in which I am still working on learning the issues. I am still right now as I write this response having by discussions with 21st members and officers in hopes of moving 21st forward.

1- You say you understand the change in times but are directly going against that by actively trying to hinder SO's growth. You first want to make everyone join GM THEN have to join SO or KU, which like I said previously makes no sense. It is like having someone join the 501st just to then tryout for the 41st. They are two different units and should be treated as such, not mixed to boost GM numbers. You also want to make SC, SO's elite unit, Legacy only. This will greatly affect anyone interested in SO because if they realize there is no elite unit on SO side they will just try to go for GMs elite unit. I dont understand why you are making SC a legacy only position but not KU, it just does not make sense. Neither of them should be. You are still acting like the 21st is just comprised of GM, and need to be more receptive to SO. 

2- Well when it comes to a BCMD app, people want to know how you will fix the issues of 21st. That is why they want to know the issues. 

3- You do not even have a plan to fix the issues because you are still learning them. This is a HUGE red flag, how can we expect someone to lead the 21st when they still do not fully understand what is wrong and what the 21st is about. This is why you need to spend a few weeks in the modern 21st, to understand what really is the issue. Even though you stated you were watching over the 21st on your jedi, you clearly were not doing it enough if you are not aware enough of our current issues to formulate a plan.

Edited by TheGoodOatmeal
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 2
  • Informative 3

I am done explaining what I am going to and not do in accordance to the 21st staff I have online and active. If you are not part of the 21st, your say has little sway if any over anything we decide as a Battalion. I am not a dictator nor am I making changes because I want them, changes will come about with direct expressed approval of the majority of SO,GM,KU. I am done with this back and forth thing.  As far as tags, I already stated I got on day with with Oxen, made it known I was interested Jedi and played them up to the point of me deciding 21st needed me. The graphic shown is Discord for Oxen, not for my jedi return and activity since early August.  

10 minutes ago, Oxen said:

I am done explaining what I am going to and not do in accordance to the 21st staff I have online and active. If you are not part of the 21st, your say has little sway if any over anything we decide as a Battalion. I am not a dictator nor am I making changes because I want them, changes will come about with direct expressed approval of the majority of SO,GM,KU. I am done with this back and forth thing.  As far as tags, I already stated I got on day with with Oxen, made it known I was interested Jedi and played them up to the point of me deciding 21st needed me. The graphic shown is Discord for Oxen, not for my jedi return and activity since early August.  

Whole point of a BCMD app is to explain to people why you should be the BCMD, ie you tell them how you will fix issues in the batt and how you will make the batt better.

You stated previously your idea with SC and legacy even though many members of the batt directly oppose it.

You have only been a jedi in the 21st and, when I played throughout August, saw you on rarely. I would only see you join deployments. You just got your trooper back, and like I previously said, Trooper and Jedi are very very different atleast in 21st. And I saw you do very little for the jedi's. 

The reason I showed the discord pictures is because you said you got your "KU Maj" tag back on day one. You got your jedi tags and such, those are very different things. But you did not get your KU Maj tags back until yesterday, which is like 2 months since you've returned according to yourself. 

On 9/26/2020 at 4:01 PM, Oxen said:

I am only interested in running my trooper until one of my troops is ready to take the mantle of Bacara

Yikes that’s gonna be a no from me chief. You can help the battalion prepare a new bcmd from any rank and a someone who just wants to be a placeholder doesn’t seem like a good fit in my opinion. 

49 minutes ago, TheGoodOatmeal said:

Whole point of a BCMD app is to explain to people why you should be the BCMD, ie you tell them how you will fix issues in the batt and how you will make the batt better.

You stated previously your idea with SC and legacy even though many members of the batt directly oppose it.

You have only been a jedi in the 21st and, when I played throughout August, saw you on rarely. I would only see you join deployments. You just got your trooper back, and like I previously said, Trooper and Jedi are very very different atleast in 21st. And I saw you do very little for the jedi's. 

The reason I showed the discord pictures is because you said you got your "KU Maj" tag back on day one. You got your jedi tags and such, those are very different things. But you did not get your KU Maj tags back until yesterday, which is like 2 months since you've returned according to yourself. 

The way I assist with the battalion is for 21st and only 21st. It is not for others outside the battalion, extended LOAs, Legacy members who are not active or putting in the effort to the battalion to know about.

"many members of the batt directly oppose it" I already stated and I will state again. "The requirement for Legacy could change or stay the same, again depending on the voting of the SO members. "  You saw me do little for the jedi's. I literally went through Padawan to knight with all the recs required to get there with 3 or 4 more than needed, yet I did little for the Jedi, yeah ok!

Yes... I got my discord tags because I knew I would be active in trooper once again, which of course would require me to be more active the 21st discord. Which is why it happened the day after I put in for Bacara.

• Management
Management

Imma have to go with a -1

The reason people expect you to put your plans in your application is so that they can believe you actually have plans. So far you refuse to share any plans and you say that it's no one's business but your own and 21st's command staff. First off may I state, and by no means is this a flame, but during my last tenure on the server the 21st was dead as fuck. Honestly they were at a similar state to the 91st and 327th when they were removed. In my two years of playing the server the 21st has always constantly been flip flopping from inactive and then to very slightly active. Now you apply with zero plans and your only goal is to hold the position until someone else is willing to apply? The application isn't shit because of length but because it's lacking content. You give us zero assurance that you will do anything with the position and you don't even tell us any issues with the battalion that need fixing. Sorry for the mouthful, I couldn't figure out how to word this all and just started typing.

I cannot support someone solely based off of experience and that their only motive for applying is because no one else is.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 4

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Im not gonna 1- nor +1 . you're an awesome dude , you have good rp but I only recently saw that you joined the server, I understand you have previous experience but from what I was told the last time you were in 21st was 2 years ago, I would like to see you sorta advance more .

Oxen’s Plan of Action for 21st:

First and foremost the plan of action for 21st I had envisioned initially:

Three Commanders below Bacara

GM – Commander / SO-Commander / KU –Commander

All three are equal to each other.  No Executive Officer required as the commanders will appoint their second in command.

Each commander will establish their own requirements and trails for their branch.

A trooper who first comes into NC will have to train in the basics (set by the three commanders) to move into the GM job. At this point the trooper can decide to go for a GM jobs like Heavy or work on the requirements for SO.  Once the trooper gains that skill set, they are white listed and start their journey for greatness.

At some point in time KU will be coming to look at the GM and SO for those interested in being part of that unit. Trials will commence and appoints will be made or hearts will be broken.

The daily operations will be done by the commanders of each section, guidance, support, mentorship and direct leadership training will be commenced by me to them.

After the three months is up and my term is over, one or all of the commander will be ready to lead the entire 21st battalion forward to whatever fate has in store. 

That is my plan. For those that do not know me well enough, I will put this out there.

45 years old, Masters degree in Project Management, two Bachelors in Personnel Management and Leadership.  I have worked in the Intelligence community since 1994 and I am currently teaching Intelligence to Army AIT soldiers.  I have four kids 25,22,20 and 13, married 26 years and I have no reason to want or care for this game. I found it years ago while in Afghanistan supporting Special Forces and it got me away from the death and destruction. I feel attached to this server as I came over here with Joah at the launch of it.  I only feel compelled to run for Bacara because there has not been a Bacara or active Keller since I came back. The state of 21st is something I care about regardless if I should.

When I said I would only do the job till I find someone capable that is what I meant. I will train and mentor 21st entire battalion to be better players and people, of that I have no doubt.

The how and why I am going to fix something is not something that needs or should be stated as it is not clear, but I have my suspicions.

• Disagree 1

Here are my issues. You didn't put anything into your application initially. It wasn't until after people started ripping into you that you have started to change and edit your application and now adding things within the Comment section. That show's me that you just don't really care about actually getting the position and/or don't care about the battalion. I have barely seen you lately or heard about you lately. Old people that know you are +1'ing you out of Past Experience that's around 2 years old. Sure it's good to have that experience but the current players mostly weren't there for that and frankly don't really care. And this quote as well

"Johnson,

Unless you are part of 21st, I will not be discussing dirty laundry. It is not for you or anyone else's ears on how I and the rest of the 21st (yes every member from Bacara to the PVT) is going to fix the issues. I have always been a person of open communications without reprisals, we will work together as a team, as a unit as a battalion and as brothers to fix our own, from our own, with our own."

It is for everyone's ears how you will fix the issues with in the battalion and what they are. When 104th was struggling everyone knew why and everything was transparent and I hauled ass to bring the battalion back. Any and all issues have been public and that is so that outside members may help if they so choose. Yes issues within a battalion should be known and how you will fix them should be known as that is what hold's weight in our decision and your interview. Not to mention if no one knows what the issues are how can others help? I would gladly throw the 104th in to help 21st anyway we can but we have no clue what the issues are and cannot help. I offered 501st the help of my 104th officer corp when they were in need. I offer it to every battalion as it should be that every battalion is here to help each other. Period.

To me all this shows that you don't really care about the battalion or even the position. It also shows that you don't care about actually fixing any issues within the battalion or receiving any help to fix it. So with that I will give a huge  -1

Edited by ItnLucky
  • Agree 2

The Clover Crew Leader

spacer.png

-1 So this has been a common issue that I’ve seen now happen a lot, being that some legacy or any person who use to hold a high rank in a battalion comes in and use that instant rank to try to get a higher rank and try to validate themselves with I did this back in the day, I’m sorry to say, but we’re not back in the day, we’re here and now. You can say that all you want, but I don’t give a fuck about what you did cause comparing back then to now doesn’t matter cause things change. And I have nothing against you but it seems to be a growing issue where an ex BCMD comes back and either runs with the rank they get cause of them being an ex BCMD or get it handed to them cause oh they’re legacy why shouldn’t they have it again if they did good and then they usually end up leaving shortly after or going inactive and of course there’s the exceptions, but there’s not many. I personally would say put in more effort now and see what you can do and see if you’ll like it or not because a lot of what I’ve seen is legacy’s come back do a little bit and then leave within a few months or just are inactive.

Edited by Piff
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

-1 I agree with Lucky Piff and Ratio

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

From knowing Oxen for a while now, I know he will do good for the 21st. However, to the Initial Critics of its too short I think that a retarded reason for disagreeing personally. Keeping it short and simple is fine and what most English Teachers tell you to do. Secondly, For not explaining the plan Again I think is fine. He is not Copying and Pasting "i WaNt tO iMpRoVe rElAtIoNs REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE". Its the same as every Single App Ever. Hell I did it for both Apps for Niner for me. It feels like you do not want the 21st to improve when you have someone who is capable but god forgive he shorten it and compartmentalized is plans.

I apologize for my toxic behavior but I hate two faced people that will Plus One Apps with the same amount of Detail but with Flavor.....

Overall +1. Good Luck.

I did things for the server. idk what you want from me.

Goddamn all these people calling each other out on anything they can find. Why don’t you put up an app? It seems that everytime someone wants to go for Bacara that ISNT in the battalion/hasn’t been in it for over 2 months gets attacked by the members of the battalion. Oxen is more than capable to adapt to the problems in 21st and fix them accordingly. It’s real easy to say “He doesn’t know what’s wrong with us, he hasn’t been in for too long, he will ruin the battalion!” If he does not know then someone should right? Why aren't they fixed yet? If y’all know what’s best for the battalion then why aren’t your problems fixed. Why are they still persistent after weeks? If Jaydon’s original application went through and he became Bacara, he’d be almost 1/3 of the way finished with his term. How in the fuck are there still so many problems within 21st as well as secret ones the public doesn’t even know about? Jaydon is allowed to change and do a lot as XO, he’s got nobody above him other than shanty and a few other high high people. He could’ve been making these changes 3 weeks ago yet now you want him as BCMD to change these issues. 

There has to be a change because obviously something isn’t going right. Oxen is the only person right now for the position that can bring that. +1

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

The only Wrecker that embraced his largeness. 

On 9/26/2020 at 7:58 PM, Butter said:

As one of the high command members of the 21st I would like to state that Jaydon and Myself and the other officer corp members banded together to see what way we would like to take the battalions future. We reached out for help and now have received someone who is willing and has not only came towards us but kept us in contact with his plans to not only help mentor us until someone else is due fit for this position. I dont have a lot of words to say but I will say that there is no disconnect in the Senior officer core and high command of the 21st.

I +1 this application.

I just want to say something. At the time being of this post heads in the High Command were held high and were all on the same terms but apparently things have changed. I still want to point out that Oxen I do believe still is capable of running the battalion so I still have a Plus 1 on the app.

• Disagree 1
  • Winner 1

Former 327th Former DU Officer x2 Former 501st TC Last ATKO Former Blackout and Shortest JetFormer 41st GCD Cooker Former CIS Droideka Former 104th Wolpack Lead Warthog 212th GC Jedi Knight Siri Tachi 

"Certified Clover Crew Member"-Lucky IKEA Squad 2019-Omalic

Banned

+1 I mean he could do a fine job

• Agree 1
On 9/27/2020 at 5:34 AM, Dennis said:

My only reference point is egg coming back as gree once or twice I can’t remember. He had overwhelmingly positive feedback, however, it did not end well and they are still recovering a year later.

Before you go slandering my name any further my guy, I'd like to correct you on a few things and also thank @Craigary for defending me and I will now defend myself. I know you really like stirring stuff up for no reason and I guess you decided to pick me this time. When I was removed the first time by Hudson and Sanchez took over, I was removed on false pretenses and my entire high command was gutted and so then Sanchez was left with nobody because Hudson resigned from regimental a few days later. Sanchez tried his best with what he had and I don't fault him for that because he essentially had to rebuild the entire battalion by himself. Next, we had Logic, and we all know how that turned out. Then Venom took over and he tried his best, but he isn't really the type to enjoy being bcmd. After that, we had Zeik who was also pretty solid and tried his best to continue cleaning up after Logic almost 6 months later. This is where things get spicy again. There was no bcmd for a while at this point. This is when I tried to come back but got denied and Brooklyn ended up being picked over me. Brooklyn essentially killed the battalion and then gutted it on his way out when I finally took back over and beat him when he tried to reapply. I have no idea what kind of drugs you were on but within a few weeks, 41st was pushing even DU in numbers who was the most active on the server at the time. Maybe you don't remember because you were too busy going around and complaining about how "toxic" you were or causing more drama on the forums, idk. The battalion was left in a good place when grief took over, who sadly lost the drive after about a month and a half and began to go inactive and then let the battalion die which led to him getting removed. Grief was unable to train up his next generation of officers because he was unable to really get on the server. The one reg that actually cared enough about the battalion (Cloud) and making sure the reg was well off was also removed, but I thought that reg removal was one of the most brainless decisions I've ever experienced. In conclusion, please check yourself and what you are saying before you go spouting nonsense and acting like a complete retard. Nobody will take you seriously anymore, not that they did in the first place, but it's all good.

Onto my vote so I don't get my cheeks clapped. 

Oxen, you were Bacara a long time ago and I believe you did a pretty good job for a while, but you had to start multitasking things such as staff and BCMD and the battalion really began to suffer because I don't think it was really self sufficient and able to run properly without a guiding BCMD there 24/7. The battalion's self sufficiency has become more noticeable in the more recent times, at least last time I saw them, and I believe that would be a really big thing to focus on. After reading over your plans, they seem interesting to say the least, but that might just be my small brain not fully understanding how they work on paper so I assume they will work better in practice. You are experienced and you know what you are doing. As long as you have the full support of the rest of the 21st, you've got my +1

Edit: After further reading into your list, you have solid plans and you most definitely have the abilities and will to make those plans a reality. Good luck. 

Edited by Egg
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 3
  • Friendly 2

Oxen is a cut of the same rough cloth that was known to be the legendary 21st members from back in the day. Honestly, I simply believe 21st needs someone to step up to help it and that seems to be Oxen. Similar to Tyennoch, Oxen is the type of guy to 'do', not really the type to write out a full written step-by-step plan (like me with my Cody app, for those who remember/want to check). Action is the way of the marine.

However Oxen, as a warning from one old guy to an older one,  a leader must ascertain awareness and adaptability. The server is VERY different than what it use to be back in our day. Different people, different mindsets. Your attitude will not be as well received - you can't do things the old fashion way like we use to. You're going to have to learn how to adapt and develop relations on the server (both in and out of the 21st), and how to try to be 'realistic' with the way things are now. It's not easy - trust me I struggled with this when I was Cody. The game plan is going to have to be different - though don't take this as any doubt of your ability.

Another note: I personally think the privacy and "If you're not 21st, I'm not doing your dirty laundry" mentality that was had back in the day won't go well anymore. If anything, from recent experience (I was in 21st for a time), it was this seclusive attitude that was a part of 21st's downfall. You must remember you are a battalion among other battalions, and to develop that reputation/staying power, you must interact with others on the server. Make people LOVE the marines from the outside. The marines need to intoxicate those around them with that same gung-ho fever that is so distinctive of 21st members. 

When you're leading a MARINE charge, you want your brothers behind you - not in front of you.

+1.

Edited by Jagger
Update
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

• Director
Director

+1 One of the best people i have ever met, he is a great Soldier and trooper, he would lift the whole 21st when he is bacara by him self, i respect this man a lot and he is like a father figure. 

• Agree 1

I have posted this on both applications in order to show no bias.

I'm going to be honest here, some won't like it but meh. When I was Director, I did seriously consider stepping into the 21st myself and performing the ol' wipe. Shit gets rough VERY quickly in the battalion, and I hate to say it but it's because the BCMD is either too late night or too burnt out.

I haven't been around for about a month and a half or so, but here's what I recommend to whoever gets this position.

- Stop focusing on "the old GM", this is YOUR battalion, YOUR time to shine and YOUR responsibility.

- Don't let legacy members come back and leech off you / persuade you into doing shit, because 21st has a horrible record for it and anyone who says otherwise is dumb.

- Make it easier to rank up (I heard that this was kinda in motion when I was around)

- Form the GMACT's into 1 overall GMACT.... please! It'll make life easier!

- Don't allow anyone into sub units until the marines are active, limit SO & KU.. and none of this "go down to SGT" nonsense when joining a sub unit like it used to be (hopefully it still isn't like this) because its a fucking game and NO ONE regardless of how humble you are wants to take a lesser rank for the sake of joining a unit

-- "But freck, it makes them more dedicated.." - NO IT DOESN'T! IT DEMOTIVATES THEM AND BURNS THEM OUT!

And finally

- Don't leave, see the full term out and remain active.

You both have my +1, rid this battalion of it's issues once and for all, otherwise eventually it'll just get removed.

• Agree 1

British