Ideas for the future

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Hey Guys! 

After having several conversations with different community members, I feel the best direction for the server is to attempt to try something new. I wanted to gather some ideas. In your opinion what would make StarwarsRP feel fresh? What would give the gamemode a new Outlook & new experiences?

Super simple, any responses are appreciated. 

thanks,

What @Pythinsaid

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Add More Customization to the Clones. Add like stuff that can be either picked up around the map, or dropped from NPC that can be used to Customize rifles. Allow for Camos, Upgraded Damage, Laser Color Diff. etc

also stuff to add on to armor as well 

Edited by Pythin
  • Agree 1

Former: Liaison

• Coordinator
Coordinator

For clarity sake. I'm not looking for gimgics. I'm heavily looking at the core aspects of our gameplay. 

More props, textures, and unrestrict other props. For exampe Jedi has no holocron model we can use. And we went from so many props to so few in an update. Building feels stale and events are becoming halo prop centrial, which isnt bad, it just leaves little to no room for a change of scenery

8 minutes ago, Bonzai said:

Also being able to shoot npc's while they move would be cool too

this is a Gmod issue. 

11 minutes ago, Xaze said:

For clarity sake. I'm not looking for gimgics. I'm heavily looking at the core aspects of our gameplay. 

Whoops. Add more utility to play like leaning or sweps or adding stuff like mantling/proning (maybe not quite these  things, but additions like this that adjust the way we play. Make it more like an FPS in fights that way we can RP formations and whatnot better.)

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Banned

These are all cools ideas on this thread, but none of them really grasp what I think xaze is asking for. Bonzai was closest to the mark with the custom weapon base, as all clone wars server use TFA, which provides little to no depth in terms of user experience.

What ultimately would benefit player income for the server would be as Xaze requested. Unique, player driven ideas that have not been utilized on any of these top servers who are just constantly pumping out the same mind numbing corporate level content. Think about what would happen if we came up with such ideas and merged them into the completion of a fully custom server. 

If you were able to advertise all that custom content, there would practically a flow of new players due to the new content they were able to witness from say, a trailer, or a teaser.

If I had to provide an example:
Things that change the core of what SWRP is.
Lets face it, Helix was an awesome change, but that hasn't fully driven the playerbase away from the darkRP roots star wars RP is so known for.
Things that could push the server in the same direction Helix aimed to push it would benefit the community the most in terms of refreshment and player income.

Edited by Jayarr
  • Informative 1
  • Management

I want to completely phase out /me RP with as many mini-game esque interactable systems similar to the sadly underutilized rayshield/console hacking addon we have. We used to have a bomb defusal one that was fun as well.

• Flesh out the current TECH addon we have. Rn there are small issues for GMs where they can't setup multiple rayshields and idk if anyone can spawn hack tools rn.
  • Replace EOD /me with physical bombs to defuse. Something where you can see the interior of the bomb and have to cut wires in a certain order. Fuck up you and anyone near you die.
  • Imagine a medical menu for MED RP that was literally just a game of Operation the medical troopers can do when they do checkups rather than all of it being /me RP. You fuck up and the player you were working on receives like a health deduction for the rest of that life lol
  • Also defibs really need to return for medical revives. I know they haven't had a great track record but I think when they were around they improved events for both the players and GMs. 
  • Something where engineers have to physically repair things like the Engine Room or even vehicles. Not just left click with fusion cutters but that's fine rn but a cool interactable system for ER would be awesome.
  • Even something for Alien Translation for 41st and Tech would be sick.
  • A physical way for troopers to actually rearm vehicles outside of maintenence stations

I don't have an idea for everything or if it's all even possible but interactable systems are so much better than typing simulator. It is my life long dream to phase out /me RP. We could probably look at plenty of other games for examples of minigames/puzzles they implement into their games for ideas but honestly fuck /me RP I said it. I just feel like it's more engaging to actually be doing something rather than typing up a storm with nobody watching 9 times out of 10. All the times I did the TECH rayshields or consoles or the bomb defusal mingames I felt way more engaged with what I was doing compared to following a script which is most trainings.

Here is some rankings of minigames/puzzles in video games that we can take inspiration from:

https://twinfinite.net/2016/11/best-video-game-hacking/

or minigames like the lab puzzles from spiderman ps4 for example
spider-man-circuit-puzzle-pattern-puzzleSpectrographV13.jpg?width=1280

Think we start with the more common Clone trainings then we can move onto Factions. Civilian is gonna need a ton of interactable systems if they ever want to get on their feet. 

• Agree 8
  • Winner 6
  • Informative 1
  • Dumb 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

A Clone Overhaul Update:

Now, before you shut this down, just please read everything that's posted. The server has been asking for years now for some uniqueness within each Specialization. The consistent nerfs have left the 6 Specializations with empty shells of what they were originally were. Whether it be the removal of the defibs from MED or the removal of Rocket Launchers from ARF, each Specialization has received nerfs. I propose a solution that could bring back the enjoyment that comes from playing in certain regiments instead of varying weapons that do negligible differences in DPS.

So, here's the idea:

ARF - ARF has to have been one of the most forgotten Specializations within the server. The removal of Rocket Launchers alongside the long forgotten nerf of the DC-15X has rendered this Specialization to a normal clone with a subpar sniper rifle. To bring back the sparkle to this, I suggest everyone's favorite method of transportation, the Grappling Hook. There are several workshop addons ready available, many with customizable ammo amounts that can be set so it's not an infinite method of transportation.

MED - With the new respawn system in place and the nerf to the Injections, MED and Revives are progressively becoming a thing of the past. MED needs something to be able to bring troopers back into the fight, whether that be the defibs or a new CPR system. It could also just be a flat buff to the Bacta Kit. It doesn't matter, they've just been nerfed into the ground.

HVY - As a current forum post suggests, add Shields! I suggest looking at Beetle's post for more info.

HVO - HVO is a rarely used and when it is, it misses it's chances at the limelight due to the bugginess involved with the Tracking Launcher and the uselessness of the Anti-Vehicle mines. I propose the removal of the Tracking Launcher and the mines and in replacement, add Thermal Detonators or Grenades or a place able explosive that can be used. It not only will give HVO a more viable kit, but something to do other than ammo box mines.

ARC - ARC isn't my place to determine or suggest for. I recommended viewing past posts for ARC as suggested by Rancor.

SUP - SUP has a great setup so far. They have depth within their kit, but they miss the customization that was once given to them. The only suggestion I have for SUP is the reintroduction of the ENG Model or giving them the normal Clone armor for their battalion alongside the Pilot model.

SOBDE - The DC-17m desperately needs a buff. It's worse than the pea plants in Plants vs. Zombies.

If this doesn't suite well for you, here's a second idea:

Return Individual Battalion Buffs:

Battalions in previous years of Synergy had uniqueness that separated them from the others. Now, they're just recolored models with a +50 buff to either Shield, Health, or Speed. That's so..... boring. Battalions have lost their identity that separated them from the others. The only ones who have even remotely held onto what they had are in the Specialized Regiment. Because guess what, they're just unique!

TLDR:
Individuality has been removed as Synergy has developed. People want to be their own main character, but they can't when they're the same as everyone else.

Edited by Fimmzy
  • Agree 4
  • Winner 3
  • Informative 2

let us mute people 

• Agree 1
  • Winner 9

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti

31 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I want to completely phase out /me RP with as many mini-game esque interactable systems similar to the sadly underutilized rayshield/console hacking addon we have. We used to have a bomb defusal one that was fun as well.

• Flesh out the current TECH addon we have. Rn there are small issues for GMs where they can't setup multiple rayshields and idk if anyone can spawn hack tools rn.
  • Replace EOD /me with physical bombs to defuse. Something where you can see the interior of the bomb and have to cut wires in a certain order. Fuck up you and anyone near you die.
  • Imagine a medical menu for MED RP that was literally just a game of Operation the medical troopers can do when they do checkups rather than all of it being /me RP. You fuck up and the player you were working on receives like a health deduction for the rest of that life lol
  • Also defibs really need to return for medical revives. I know they haven't had a great track record but I think when they were around they improved events for both the players and GMs. 
  • Something where engineers have to physically repair things like the Engine Room or even vehicles. Not just left click with fusion cutters but that's fine rn but a cool interactable system for ER would be awesome.
  • A physical way for troopers to actually rearm vehicles outside of maintenence stations

I don't have an idea for everything or if it's all even possible but interactable systems are so much better than typing simulator. It is my life long dream to phase out /me RP. We could probably look at plenty of other games for examples of minigames/puzzles they implement into their games for ideas but honestly fuck /me RP I said it. I just feel like it's more engaging to actually be doing something rather than typing up a storm with nobody watching 9 times out of 10. All the times I did the TECH rayshields or consoles or the bomb defusal mingames I felt way more engaged with what I was doing compared to following a script which is most trainings.

Here is some rankings of minigames/puzzles in video games that we can take inspiration from:

That... that is it! It would be amazing holy fuck.

Having mines other than half life 2 ones would be cool, they are extremely visible and easy to avoid

More variety of vehicles would make events funnier and more unique as well

Adding Binoculars back, having recon missions set up to utilize specialization of certain classes/battalions

Adding Identification Cards would bring PassiveRP to the server

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

what marvel and pythin said.

only two things ive ever wanted for the server

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

Think we start with the more common Clone trainings then we can move onto Factions. Civilian is gonna need a ton of interactable systems if they ever want to get on their feet. 

i want this so bbad and i might acctuly do eeng rp and more tech

2 hours ago, Black said:

That... that is it! It would be amazing holy fuck.

Having mines other than half life 2 ones would be cool, they are extremely visible and easy to avoid

More variety of vehicles would make events funnier and more unique as well

Adding Binoculars back, having recon missions set up to utilize specialization of certain classes/battalions

Adding Identification Cards would bring PassiveRP to the server

yyeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss

• Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)

and 187th

• Dumb 4
  • Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)

Maybe add like DnD level ship battles where naval or even like clone cpts along with BH can have like a ship given to them or they find and repair/build and can battle CIS or eachother.

Maybe make bounty hunters able to flow more in events rather than having them have to get off of their character.

Maybe we should go full custom lore, having different battalions, being in a different state of being, creating our own lore that still confides/makes sense in the CW era.

Those are my thoughts.

Feel like synergy should try and shake up the CW game mode and try something you rarely see big servers do. 

Everything appears to be the same thing just different business name/slightly different model.

Edited by Wulf

Been here for ages, practically done and seen everything.

Overall, I believe aiming for depth, immersion, and customization are the best directions to head in. 

Firstly: The civilian faction needs things to do. I know a lot of ideas were thrown around, but mining and “farming” are good places to start. There also needs to be a “criminal” side for them to take so it’s not just cringe nae nae baby “defend money printer” nonsense. Add in smuggling and drug running, but not through the meth or “spice” minigame everyone uses. Use a NPC that spawns the entities around the map, like through the quest system, and gives a ping that shows you the general area to search. The twist is that it also notifies CG, so it’s a race against time. 

CONSUMABLES:

With the addition of the inventory system, I believe it’s high time we have consumables.  While this seems “gimmicky”, it would be a massive change to the synergy economy. We should have consumables that give us temporary status effects, such as: 50 points more health, 5% more damage, etc. This would allow players a slight edge, but also serve as a place for us to blow credits. 

CUSTOMIZATION:

I believe we should be able to modify our DC15A/S. This could either be done through a “node” system, (i.e. paying credits to upgrade weapon stats), or through a “parts” system. (You have to buy/build parts and THEN can modify your weapon through an armor’s bench like the lightsabers).

DEPTH: 

This one is harder, but I think roles that aren’t JUST combat roles, such as navy, need more depth. The appeal of being a clone is apparent, the appeal of being Navy is much harder to sell. The idea I keep coming to is making the base more interactive for them. Example: A multitool swep that can be used to fix “breaks” in the base that spawn client side. (Broken pipes, HMC issues, wiring defects, etc). For medics, remove the respawn timer for players. Implement some sort of an injury system that requires a medic to fix if you’re revived. (A status effect that makes you slow, throws off your aim, etc). Something to make being a medic more interesting. Defibs for reviving players. 

Jedi: Increase stamina pool but not drastically. Rn it sucks to be a jedi versus droids, a moderate stamina drain reduction (maybe through skills) would be cool. 

QUALITY OF LIFE:

Simple superficial stuff that would be hella immersive and make our server cooler. 

Client side toggle-able helmet overlay. 

Client side toggle-able suppression mechanics. (Grey screen + a little shaking under heavy fire). 

Client side mini-map

Client side “damage” overlay. (Screen gets darker/greyer as you sustain more damage ).

Faction suggestions: Give the clients some sort of baddies that are counter to the GAR’s interests. (Criminals and hostile hunters). I don’t mean straight up hostile, that would just be BH 2.0, but rather tries to circumvent republic law. Sort of a “We’ll fight if we have to, but it’s better to avoid the problem in general or talk our way out of it” type deal. 

• Agree 1

Former: A lot of shit dude

Maybe Bring back the Event Server to allow for GM's to do events for specific Regiments/ Battalions. If people were getting events specific to them, then Player Retention on the server may be higher, as well as add for more Diverse ideas from the GM's. Also help with Battalion of the Month

• Agree 4
  • Dumb 1

47 minutes ago, Pythin said:

Maybe Bring back the Event Server to allow for GM's to do events for specific Regiments/ Battalions. If people were getting events specific to them, then Player Retention on the server may be higher, as well as add for more Diverse ideas from the GM's. Also help with Battalion of the Month

Can’t even lie extensive deployments that were good were some of the best events 

• Agree 2

Certified Giga Chad

52 minutes ago, Pythin said:

They plan to but the server pop on main needs to be consistently at a healthy number to do that

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

They plan to but the server pop on main needs to be consistently at a healthy number to do that

I understand that, but keeping events only on main, and only have a few major main server deployments will run out fast, there’s only so many new ideas you can do on main before it starts to get stale. 

Just now, Pythin said:

I understand that, but keeping events only on main, and only have a few major main server deployments will run out fast, there’s only so many new ideas you can do on main before it starts to get stale. 

the battalion of the month as stuff are deployments. Kinda the proceeding into it

Just now, A-a-ron said:

Adding to Civilian job on a SWRP makes the whole server DarkRP? hmm

every addition to the server has been slowly but surely turning the server more towards a darkrp setting regardless. it's not like that's innately a bad thing, but if you're gonna start adding darkrp stuff like drugs and money printers then you're gonna have people give more of a shit about that than anything else on the server

• Agree 1

hi.

17 minutes ago, Fyi said:

every addition to the server has been slowly but surely turning the server more towards a darkrp setting regardless. it's not like that's innately a bad thing, but if you're gonna start adding darkrp stuff like drugs and money printers then you're gonna have people give more of a shit about that than anything else on the server

If it gets people to play the server then god bless

spacer.png

On 1/17/2023 at 6:53 PM, Marvel said:

Has to be the best take I've seen on this. I think you might be able to realize your dream, considering you have the most talented dev team I've seen in CWRP ever. I wish you guys would use the rayshield hacking minigame more, it's really easy to figure out after a bit but it's so much better than nothing.

• Agree 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

I think having the battalions have more unique aspects to them would be good, both in a development sense and in a roleplay sense. Right now most battalions can do everything, and I think forcing battalions to specialize in something, and also restricting them from other things, would make battalions actually useful.

• Agree 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

20 hours ago, Fyi said:

it would give BH more things to do imo. Even if it was lets say cooking drugs, they can make money of it but there comes a risk that clones find out and that the operation gets busted giving both sides RP without staff having to do a thing. If its set up correctly it can be extremely beneficial honestly.

• Disagree 1

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

1 hour ago, Black said:

it would give BH more things to do imo. Even if it was lets say cooking drugs, they can make money of it but there comes a risk that clones find out and that the operation gets busted giving both sides RP without staff having to do a thing. If its set up correctly it can be extremely beneficial honestly.

all of these ideas lean more toward imperial era stuff anyway, clones dont really have the time to be investigating drug cartels when they're literally at war, they would leave that up to the local police

hi.

Others have made solid suggestions, and even though I haven’t played on the server in damn near 4 years, I still like to keep tabs on how it’s doing and seeing it’s fall from grace is saddening, honestly. I know there’s been plenty of changes since I last played, so feel free to correct me on anything I might be wrong on because I’ll be going off of what I last recall the server being like. I’m also doing this on mobile so apologies for any formatting issues.  And bear with me here, this one’s a doozy. I’m working 14 hours today and have nothing to do but kick my feet up so I let my mind go on this one, therefor it’s going to be lengthy.

A couple of ideas I’ve got off the top of my head would be a new progression system and a new battalion quartermaster system. The progression wouldn’t require any changes to the server, however the quartermaster system will.    

We’ll start with the progression system. As far as I’m aware the only form of player “progression” that this server has is ranking up in battalions and earning credits for cool weapons and stuff by simply playing. Nowadays most games rely on having robust player progression to keep player retention and I feel maybe it’s time Synergy follows suit.      

So, kinda piggybacking off of what Bbstine was saying, we could add personal accolades and/or server achievements, some of which could possibly grant rewards such as credits, crystals, hilts, temporary-use store weapons, etc.    

The accolades would be similar to that of those awarded on the OG Modern Warfare 2 (as it’s the inspiration to this idea. Can be seen here

They’re not to be handed out like candy, however, and there needs to be some form of proof or a number of witnesses that can confirm this accolade was earned by this person.

Now how would you earn an accolade, you may ask? Here’s the ideal process but is obviously not my decision if it was ever implemented.    
Accolades can only be earned during events, and are awarded during debrief. Before the GM makes/begins their event, they must select a minimum of 5 accolades that can be reasonably earned during the event that will be distributed during DB (there will be a list full of different accolades to choose from created by the big boys by this point). So if it’s more RP-based, then there should be more RP related accolades that can be earned, whereas if it’s action-packed then there should be more combat related accolades chosen.  
Before the event begins, the GM will notify all of the participants of the accolades that can be won to further entice more involvement in the event. During DB there will be a new segment before promotions to award these.  

The commanding officer of each battalion will nominate one player for each accolade available. The nominees can be from any battalion and can be nominated for multiple accolades.  

Players with the most nominations for an accolade will earn it, and if there’s a tie then they will simply roll for it.    

Now comes the tracking/logging part. Originally I figured it would just be tracked internally in the battalions but what’s the point of having accolades if you can’t flex them on the whole server. So basically directors or who tf ever will create a public document that can be viewed by everyone but only be edited by battalion intel members (ideally trusted ones such as the intel directors). (Alternative would be battalion intel members would keep track of awarded accolades and send weekly reports to a director or whoever has singular access to the document to update weekly)          

Now on to the battalion Quartermaster system.  

I remember there being a quartermaster role when I joined back in 2017, but it was just an RP role assigned internally within the battalions and didn’t actually serve any meaningful purpose. This changes that entirely.    

Note: This would require a server change to be able to implemented, so keep that in mind.    

The Quartermaster (further known as QM because I don’t feel like spelling it out every time) would be an actual  clone role within each battalion. Only one person in the respective battalions would have access to this role and is decided by the battalion on who will take on this role. QM will be held to a high responsibility as they will have actual duties to fulfill, therefor they should be chosen wisely. BCMDs and XOs will have perms to this role in case there isn’t anyone currently in the role or for emergency purposes.    

What does a QM do, exactly? The QM will manage the battalions inventory and credits, spending their battalion funds on necessary equipment to keep them properly supplied at all times.    

*record scratch*
Woah woah woah, back up. Battalion inventory? Battalion funds? HWAT?    

Yeah, so this is the part that will have to be physically created with the fancy coding wumbo jumbo the big boys upstairs do.    

The idea is to have an interactable locker in each battalion bunk that can only be accessed by those respective battalion members. These lockers will hold a stockpile of ammunition, starter weapons such as the DC-15 weapons, armor, and possibly other items, all of which are considered “consumables”. The only thing that can be placed back inside the lockers are the DC-15a/s weapons. Can make it so the remaining ammo in them is also stored or lost entirely, idc.    

The only way the locker can be resupplied is by the QM, who will have their own little “data pad” or whatever (a physical item they spawn with) that will pull up a shop-type UI where they can spend their battalion funds on supplies to load the locker up with.  

Battalion funds are earned via a new NPC that will be added to the map where the QM will go to get daily and weekly “allowances”. These amounts of credits would be determined by the directors or whoever. The costs of supplies are also subjective and would be determined by the big boys because I’m not about to do economy math here.    
Additionally (optional), the QM will NOT have access to their own credits typically seen on any other role. Instead the credits that show on their role will be the battalion funds, and these funds will also be displayed on a screen on the front of the lockers while there’s an active QM role being played on. When they exit the QM role (it would be advised to switch to a better role during combat scenarios) the last known battalion funds will stay displayed on the locker screen and will be updated once the QM role is used again.    

Another thing that will change because of this, is players in battalion roles will NOT spawn with DC-15 weapons, ammo, or armor (armor is subjective). They must acquire these from the locker after they spawn. All items acquired from the locker are lost upon death. Players will still spawn with store-purchased weapons, so this will mostly impact the newer players but it’s a good immersive change to give players a new form of interest in the server. Basic CTs will still spawn with DC-15 weapons.

Okay yeah, I think that’s everything. I’ve said my peace  

Edited by Synyster

Ex-DU CMD/XO - Wrote the lore for the original Havoc Squad members, it’s nbd 🥱 - Just your friendly neighborhood fucktard 

• Management
2 hours ago, Fyi said:

all of these ideas lean more toward imperial era stuff anyway, clones dont really have the time to be investigating drug cartels when they're literally at war, they would leave that up to the local police

Well the Civilian faction need things to do that isn't just annoying the Republic. A lot of aspects of DarkRP could be really well implemented into the server to give the Civilian faction life but I think there could also be better things out there as well.

Crime was at an all time high during the Clone Wars because of the war and the Republic didn't have the resources to crack down on it all too well but they still did when they could. CG, Naval (Especially RSB), and Jedi would play large roles in Republic to Criminal RP and tbh you aren't wrong about local police forces playing a large role in handling crimes which would be something cool to look at adding to the Civilian faction as well. The Royal Guard of Onderon would be a really cool addition to Civilian giving them a role that can also arrest as well as their focus being exactly what you said: Stopping crimes.

All I know is we shouldn't rule out ideas so quickly for Civilians because at this rate they're gonna end up like Sith and I see so much potential for Civilians if they are given the tools they need to succeed.

• Agree 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

35 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Well the Civilian faction need things to do that isn't just annoying the Republic. A lot of aspects of DarkRP could be really well implemented into the server to give the Civilian faction life but I think there could also be better things out there as well.

Crime was at an all time high during the Clone Wars because of the war and the Republic didn't have the resources to crack down on it all too well but they still did when they could. CG, Naval (Especially RSB), and Jedi would play large roles in Republic to Criminal RP and tbh you aren't wrong about local police forces playing a large role in handling crimes which would be something cool to look at adding to the Civilian faction as well. The Royal Guard of Onderon would be a really cool addition to Civilian giving them a role that can also arrest as well as their focus being exactly what you said: Stopping crimes.

All I know is we shouldn't rule out ideas so quickly for Civilians because at this rate they're gonna end up like Sith and I see so much potential for Civilians if they are given the tools they need to succeed.

my point is that these ideas are exactly what this post is asking for: things to shake the server up. i would say sith is probably the best option for the health of the server moving forward but if we can't get that, civilian is the best option. however, massive changes would need to be made for that to become a pillar of the server, many of which would probably require many darkrp elements and would take away from the base gamemode. it becomes an issue of whether or not the community is willing to entirely rebrand for the sake of a completely different experience, which would inevitably turn from clone wars militaryrp to clone wars era policerp with clones being the police and the civilians being the darkrp centered environment

• Disagree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Confused 1

hi.

Systems that make the server run itself. I know this is wild to say but random encounters. Not something you need to start a quest for or something like that. Like randomly walking around the base and a bug crawls out of the event or something... Things to keep people on their toes and non complacent. truthfully that's always been the thing that kills gmod for me is in between events everyone is AFK sitting around. There needs to be things just happening the world needs to feel alive. I know that might not be possible or very hard in gmod but IF theres a way to make random shit happen and i mean RANDOM... no gm, staff, or players setting it up. Then that would make the server bar none LEAGUES ahead of every other server on gmod... Icefuse and Superior would look like shit if there was a way to do that.

Please keep in mind just spitballing an idea here and I don't know jack shit about LUA. But if it's possible I will learn LUA to help this server get this system rolling. IDGAF how long it takes me to learn LUA I will actively give my time and effort for free to this server to get a system like that going.

(BUNCHA RANKS AND NAMES HERE)

On 1/17/2023 at 5:53 PM, Marvel said:

Even something for Alien Translation for 41st and Tech would be sick.

Superior has a system that they use a command and anyone that does not have a translation whitelist cant understand. It just shows yellow jumbled random text. but if you have wookie, 41st, or 41st link then you can understand that yellow text and it comes through to you properly. So people actually physically cannot meta game its super sick.

• Informative 2

(BUNCHA RANKS AND NAMES HERE)

Make boarding more interactive. I’m tired of these boring series of /mes that NOBODY does all of the way through/correctly. Add like big fucking BF2 classic ships where you have to board through the MHB and disable the many systems/clear it. Add an anti-air system that navel can get in and shoot at enemy aircraft/large ships with. Add a fortifications tablet with destructible sandbags to naval engineers so they have combat utility. Add a system so that if someone commits a crime, like rdm, CG can investigate small clues that drop and actually get the people involved. Add engineering minigames to repairing and rearming aircraft and repairing the HMC. Add a crafting system with different applications to each group. Implement the passive event system. Add a small limited slot criminal/antagonist faction with a base on sector two that has motivations outside of battling the republic and shit to do otherwise that makes conflict more risky for them. (such as death stick production). Make it so the communication system actually blocks out all chatter outside of Admin and OOC chat. Add command/capture points (like from BF2 classic) that GMs can put down as objectives. Add a system of supplies to thesh and make it so we actually have to escort naval+ a special pallet lifter to thesh to resupply it. Add the communications system to thesh and add reasons for clones to actually give a shit about it/keeping it staffed. (Such as BH or criminals can raid thesh over a period of time, take entities away in their inventory, and use the renown to invest in weapons or some shit). Add nodes at the many ruins that are scattered throughout onderon that generate like a little camp or base for antagonists to hide out and while they’re trying to duck the republic. Add a senator building with an armory or something to the village that gives clones a reason to patrol the village and interact with locals. I’ll think of more later. I’m going fill tilt deranged 

Former: A lot of shit dude

So here's my hot take first I'll start with the jedi as it stands for jedi once you reach level 100 your done theirs nothing else to work towards as prestigeing is useless so do a complete rework of the jedi system I have been on other community's where they have similar systems and I belive we can implement some of the ideas so 

SKILL TREES

- my first point for skill trees is get rid of the Consular sage shadow tg sentinel and guardian tree and instede have it where one tree is just stances so that people can pick what stance they want to work with and not be forced to uses one that other might like also have it where as you go down a tree you gain perks but you also get some debuffs like if you go down a skill tree that is for force powers you lose saber dmg if you go down one that focuses on saber dmg you lose some hp if you focus on hp you lose speed where you have to fine tune how you want to play your character 

- Prestige my second point is make prestigeimg useful where as you go down the prestige tree you can gain certain ability like say an extra 2 dmg to your saber or a special skill tree to use that once you get their you can make a support ticket to have it unlocked for you or you may receive a rare hilt that may not spawn

BH

-ok so for bh rn their is Not much one can do because we used to have our bounty board for doing jobs for people now I know we could make one for our current system and it be semi useful but try to see if we can implement some manufacturing systems similar to like the drug manufacturing that some Dark rp servers have we could try to see if their is one that will work with helix or if the ones out their now can easily be worked on to get it to work and if so have it where it is a limited slots that people would have to apply for and if they get in trouble at all then they lose their slot but where you can manufactur certain things like weed but it be called death sticks and they give some small buffs like if you use the best type you can have a +5% to your hp or armor and try to create a system where cg could try to investigate who is crafting the drugs and can do rp to find them and if they are caught cg could bust them or do something else but if cg catches you and bust you and it be a valid bust you can't grow items for 2 weeks but you won't lose your slot

That's all I can think of for now

Adding some kind of outlands where you can Find loot and search for weapons or Artifacts or some kind of cool items would be dope.

A lawless fallout - esk area where hostile NPCS spawn, and (would be dope but I know it probably won’t happen) a Jedi vs Sith style boss system where there’s a chance of some random big bad spawning in different areas. 

It would be a game changer, especially if the server goes the route of customizable weapons and such. It could also be as simple as pre set weapons and ammo only spawning in the badlands that you have to find, but once you run out of ammo they disappear. Rarity tiers for weapons is epic.

It would put more emphasis on events, and people wouldn’t have to wait around doing nothing during off hours.

An addition like this would effect all factions and everyone would benefit from it. Would be a real game changer.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Management

Synergy Roleplay Battlepass (joke)

Don’t know if it’s possible but locking bodygrouprs behind a progression system would be cool. 

Lowkey I like the fact that our new models have different design options but something I think would have been cool is if you had to unlock those designs through either earning them in some fashion or allowing an option to purchase them with credits. I think in general just a lot of basic video game progression systems before battle passes took over would make the server feel more like a video game rather than a chore for most people. The only sense of progression has been ranking up through promotions which imo was never a healthy system to rely on because then people care too much about getting promoted instead of playing.

A lot of people are talking about weapon attachments. We could take inspiration from Call of Duty date I say and have them be unlockable through using that specific gun and leveling it up.

Player expression is something we could look into as well with things like calling cards or nameplates just silly shit that can be easy to make imo just find random Star Wars images and make them into little banners but outside of your steam avatar you can’t really express yourself all too much. Not something impactful to gameplay but something to earn/unlock and possibly buy.

Quests could play a large part into unlock systems. Say you complete a certain quest and you unlock skin 3 for your trooper job or something.

Only problem with all this is people would probably flip if they couldn’t wear all their bodygrouprs for a time until they unlock them back. 

Also it would be cool if we got th leveling system back on other life’s other than Jedi and if you can make it to where at certain levels depending on the life you’re on you can unlock something. It’s also cool to just see the level go up. Feels like you’re doing something.

I’m totally not saying all of this because 343 dropped the ball with Halo Infinite and pretty much had nothing to unlock outside of their battle passes or buying it straight from the store and their only progression was the battlepass too.

Progression is huge and it makes or breaks big games imagine if we did it right on a GMOD server?!

• Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

On 1/20/2023 at 9:04 AM, Bane said:

OH YEAH AND ANOTHER THING, ADD THERMALS TO GROUPS THAT CAN SEE CLOAKERS

@Xazei think he's onto something