My brother played this game a lot, he loved the community and he was a nerd, but he wont be back. Shi or Phoenix as he was maybe known committed  suicide on the 18th of August. I know not many people may have known him or liked him, but he always glowed when he talked about the people he knew through synergy and the work that he did.

i only hope he left something good behind.

If anyone knew him, have a beer for him. He wasn’t the best of people at times but he always tried. 

Thank you all for making him happy in the ways you did, and thank you for being there for him when he needed it the most. From the bottom of mine and my family’s hearts, thank you all.

may the force be with you I guess.

• Friendly 61
Forum Admin

Holy fuck dude, I'm sorry for your loss man, he was a really nice person and everyone loved his company and he was a great guy to be around. He was a true Brit. Your brother was a great person truly. 

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

@Artemis - Phoenix  Your brother was a wonderful person,he was a person anyone could goto to talk to if needed. I hope your doing okay

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Shi was an amazing guy. One of my favorite people and all I have with him are great memories. I wish you and your family nothing but the best, I can't speak for everyone in the server but I extend my love for the guy out to you. What an amazing guy, O7 Shi

Edited by ItnLucky

The Clover Crew Leader

spacer.png

This one hits a little different, he was a fantastic guy and we had great chats that lead to many minutes of just pure laughter. I can’t even imagine what you’re going through man and I’m so sorry for your loss. He will be remembered throughout the life of this server and I hope that he found peace, if you ever want to hear stories of what he did here I’m sure people would love to share that with you. God bless you, and god bless your family. 

Your brother was apart of our battalion for a while and I'd just like to say I loved having him. He was hilarious, fun, smart and a great leader. I genuinely really liked your brother even though we never talked out of game. I've been here before, and recently too. I hope your brother found whatever peace of mind he may have been missing, but please, reach out to anyone here to talk if you ever have thoughts about killing yourself. I've seen it happen too many times, and I've been to that dark place too many times myself as well. The people here, as you may have noticed, don't have to know who you actually are to give a shit about you, and the same way your brother had a place with us, you do too.

I didn't interact with him a whole lot, but back in 2018 we were both in SO together and he was known as always being a hard worker and very friendly to be around. That statement remains true even after his passing. Rest in peace.

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

I’m sorry for your loss, I only had good interactions with him. May he Rest In Peace, big up Shi ✊🏼

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

It sucks that things like this happen and a lot of times no one cares until after the fact. He was a cool dude.

There wasn’t a single bad interaction I had with Shi. May he Rest In Peace.

If anyone has any thoughts like this get help, you aren’t alone. Life really does suck for a lot of people and that’s just how it is. Don’t be afraid to reach out and talk to people about problems.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Dame indomitus was one of my best buddies on this server we always joked around and when i messed up he maid sure the whole community knew it and he gave me the drive to get on and was the reason i didn't leave at one point im sorry that you have to go through this and i know the server won't be the same again

I sometimes hung out with Indomitus a few times back in around June or so of this year. I hadn't known him long but from the times I interacted with him you could just tell by his voice that he was a down to earth and kind guy. At least that's how I saw him. He was always a pleasure to be around and I hope he is at piece now.

@Artemis - Phoenix I can't imagine what you are going through but I wish you the best. Thank you for letting us all know about what happened. If you ever want to talk or play on the server with anyone here then you should know that we would all welcome you with open arms.

• Friendly 1

I had the pleasure on meeting your brother in this community, now I’m sure like most we knew Shi as The CG CSM Indomidus. Now I wasn’t very close to him like others but I knew him as a dedicated and hard worker in his battalion/regiment he was in. And he would always try to encourage other people to do their best. And he was always their if you need to talk or you wanted some words of wisdom. He was a good person and he will be missed. My sincere condolences to you and your family, The community is grieving with you. Stay strong man.  

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

Jesus Christ, I haven't interacted with Shi as much as everyone else has, though when I did it was all positive. This whole situation is really lame and I wish the best for you, your family, and anyone else he held close. We lost a good one.

Edited by Smeck

07, Shi was a great guy overall and an amazing friend. 

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

5 hours ago, Korm said:

Sad day, I was feeling bad already. Had thoughts of doubt and hatred and so on... now this news.

Rest easy buddy.

Hey old friend, if you ever know anything just know no one gets turned away. I'm always here if you need me, send me a pm on Discord or TS. It takes courage to ask for help, brother.

Fuck man. Im speechless. Shi was a good friend of mine, When i was in naval we used to talk in the early mornings and those talks meant alot to me. He was genuinely a good person and liked helping people, Im so sorry for your loss

Mistakes were made

Man I heard about this a few hours ago but it just now clicked who the pheniox they were talking about was... Man was a good friend to me always a joy to have around gonna miss seeing him around

Current 501st MEDO KIX

Former - Admin, Commander Of Special Operations, And the Best ARFL

I didn't know Shi personally in game, but I always saw his name popping up.

For what it's worth I am extremely sorry for you loss. Mental health is something that many people are afraid to share, but it is a burden that no one needs to take on alone.

Remember suicide is never the answer. You may hear it a million times but only need to believe it once.

Rest easy Shi.

@Artemis - Phoenix I am so sorry to hear this, I loved your brother and he will always be in my heart May he rest in peice...

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

• Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)

Fuck man. 

I'm surprised at how much seeing this has effected me. I remember having a discussion with him about his medical issues LOA's etc. When I first heard of his passing I assumed it was to do with that, but I never expected this. To me Pheonix was inspirational in the way that you see people in shitty situations being strong and still being happy, it puts life into perspective really. But when I came on to the forums to see the post and to give my best wishes, I saw his profile picture and that's when it really hit. The memories flooded in, did we talk much in recent times? No but the small thing, the small things. fuck man.

I can't fully understand the loss and grief you and your family are feeling. It must feel like shit. Just try not to keep it bottled in, find someone or somewhere to talk or vent to. It helps. <3 

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

I'm devastated..

Shi helped me so much from 2017/2018 with my own battles whilst he was fighting his own.. He was very simply an inspiration to all, and I personally looked up to him a lot as a role model. 

Words cannot describe my sadness.. 

If anyone needs to talk, don't hesitate to contact me.

Goodnight, Sweet Prince.

• Friendly 1

British

@Artemis - Phoenix

I've only just heard about the passing of Shi / Phoenix as of this Morning. I can't put into words how much of legend that man was. 

When he joined CG he was nothing but helpful, brought laughter to a place that needed it desperately. He took no shit from anyone and that's what I loved about him. I could go to him and get a straight answer. No bullshit. I would like to think we were... I guess Friends.

Though we had our ups and downs together he was ultimately one, if not the only person both IRL and in the community, who I went to about my own Mental Health problems first. I can't express my gratitude to that man enough, he gave me the confidence I needed to talk about my issues and get help. Now I only wish I gave my gratitude to him more frequently. 

I am truly sorry for your loss, Shi / Phoenix was a great man in my eyes and he will be missed dearly.

- May the Force be with you, always.  

• Friendly 3
Veteran Admin

@Artemis - Phoenix

Ive literally just created my account as soon as I heard the news. I knew Phoenix and its not a name I've heard of for sometime, we played in the 2017/2018 era. He was an amazing person who loved to laugh and was just a really awesome guy. My memories are extremely pleasant of him. Im so sorry for your lose <3

Edited by The_moose
  • Friendly 1

Currently: CG TKL CPT Hound / Gume Saam / Veteran Admin of le server

OG ranks - SO CMD Moose and First ever CPT Taggart  - The best Walon Vau - 212th Longshot -212th Boil

image0_0.jpg?Expires=1713869171&Signature=pQFr0NFqAAclPZeYNF7vhjGNiPkVMzCrH5co-1b6Ddw1rG4MIxfk17QXicML2RluDZGf6Cd17LvfdGdiXTTvScbv3iIjPv3jiDfNaPF4M-3pI2cbtrnaLpcnzt~XkWlzLxEZ3CD4hIo~SBuKePikssjLNIrqXs2pdyixwLeZPcXakqp~jqSnMKz8jBnMDAt-X2LnAx1X47sVHM3NeQkU4kKMnsAqrA~llVmvG-yVD32CB57Ak5Mb6V4jj87XqMSjpClxprk1RWL2RYawitVkPy49rMJvqj8-ofbmdIX5FlThB2BQCze2ateZjdaoD1xMVLWkWk2J0cB3OggMzdK9Ew__&Key-Pair-Id=K3RDDB1TZ8BHT8 

I am sorry for your loss.

i lost a close friend of mine to suicide last year, and I know how much it sucks.

Indomitus was a part of our community, and as part of our community I’m glad we managed to make a positive impact on him much like he did on others here.

Mental health is something that is very serious and often ignored.

I am someone who has dealt with severe anxiety and self esteem issues most of my life, and I owe it to my friends that I am still alive.

To everyone reading this, you guys are a valued member of this community, and are loved by those around the community. I am here for you guys no matter what, and I am sure that others are too.

Rest In Peace Indomitus.

• Friendly 1

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

20 hours ago, Freck said:

I'm devastated..

Shi helped me so much from 2017/2018 with my own battles whilst he was fighting his own.. He was very simply an inspiration to all, and I personally looked up to him a lot as a role model. 

Words cannot describe my sadness.. 

If anyone needs to talk, don't hesitate to contact me.

Goodnight, Sweet Prince.

Did he ever go by Horus in Naval if so, I remember him

• Disagree 1

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47autk0ajbcj5rtkhc86

Former: Delta Pilot 42 | WO Appo | 501st 2ndLT ScarZ | Naval LT Patrick

This actually made me tear up. I didnt know about this until just now. I have known him on synergy for so long and i never expected this. He will always be remembered and I will never forgot about how much of a friend he was. Thank you Shi for all the Memories. 

Edited by Apple
  • 2 years later...

I know its been 3 years but i still think back to this post and it always makes me sad to know he is gone. He was an Amazing person who was loved by the community. We will miss you old firend <3 

• Pay Respect 1
  • Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)