Ghost Company Skin Overhaul

Comics

Name: Boil(Comics) | Silver(Vacant)

RP Rank: GCXO CSM | SPO

Suggestion:
Replace the current models with more discernible ones. Right now Ghost Company is looking for ways to make a name for itself and really make them the “elite of the 212th”. Myself and the GCC Waxer are both trying hard to upkeep high standards of behavior and skill while still keeping it as a tight knit group of brothers. One of the key issues we face is not being distinguishable form the rest of the 212th, While Foxtrot and 2ndAC look much different to the average 212th GC doesn’t stick out at all. This would make GC look far more important and would raise not only in-battalion awareness and respect but server wide as well.
We would give all normal troops the standard GC skin, Officers and ARC would receive the ARC skin, and Waxer and Boil would receive commander models as they are the only Ghost Company with jobs.
The files aren’t huge for 3 skins,from what I know, and it gives Ghost Company that extra bonus that’s been needed for so long as we’ve had a few of our core expertises removed (TECH & Hostage negotiations) this has left GC with less and less to run off. These skins would really help GC grow and become the elite unit it used to be.
Please allow GC to reach its former glory so we can once again dominate the battlefield.
This is asking for new BODYGROUPERS not new jobs or anything like that. The current models are very limiting and these models are beautiful HD renditions of the old pumpkin ones, except these actually look good.

Implementation:
All standard jobs will receive the Ghost Company Trooper Skin.
ARC and Officers will receive the Ghost Company Heavy Skin
Boil and Waxer will receive the Ghost Company Commander Skin.

Lore:
https://battlefront.fandom.com/wiki/Umbra_Operative (What the skin highly resembles)
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_Company (Ghost Company itself)

Workshop content if applicable:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1716340424

Add or Change: Change
Job: ghostco_boil, ghostco_waxer
Slots: 1 each
Description: Add a 3rd model to both of the GC members. This allows them to fit in with the squad so they don’t stick out like sore thumbs. 
Model: models/player/chet_hd/ghost/ghost_co/ghost_co..mdl
Weapons: Remain the same
spacer.png

Job: 212th_ARC, 212th_officer
Slots: 10 each
Description: Replace the current GC models for these two jobs with this new one
Model: models/player/chet_hd/ghost/ghost_hvy/ghost_hvy..mdl
Weapons: Remain the Same
spacer.png

Job: 212th_heavy, 212th_medic, 212th_arf, 212th_engineer, 212th_trooper
Slots: 10
Description: Replace the current GC models for these two jobs with this new one
Model: models/player/chet_hd/ghost/ghost_trp/ghost_trp..mdl
Weapons: Remain the Same
spacer.png
spacer.png

Other: This was given the blessing by Commander Cody and Ghost Company Commander Waxer. All the fine print of bodygroupers and wether Waxer and Boil will become the leaders of GC will be done if the models are accepted. And please give a reason for any -1 so we know what to do for next time.
Also it's only technically adding 1 model to the total as the 2 old GC models won't be in use anymore

Edited by Comics
  • Winner 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

• Management

-1 Why tho? The black and orange looks so bad and makes zero sense. There are already ghost company models on the server that are lore friendly and look good

Also to add on, 212th literally has so much in terms of jobs and models compared to every other battalion...

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 Best of Luck

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

5 hours ago, Marvel said:

-1 Why tho? The black and orange looks so bad and makes zero sense. There are already ghost company models on the server that are lore friendly and look good

The reason I linked the umbara operative as it is basically a lore explanation for the model. the umbara operative is lore as it's in Battlefront 2. There were only 2 battalions at the battle of Umbara so the fact it is orange makes it pretty clear the model is of a 212th trooper. It being ARC only also shows it was for elite troops ,like Ghost Company. The current models are less lore friendly as there aren't really any examples of GC wearing special armour. The server doesn't really follow lore, these models are to make us look important  and special which is what we don't currently have.

5 hours ago, Metro said:

-1, Never been a fan of the Pumpkin Halloween style Troopers. I like the more lore friendly clean looking models personally.

The problem isn't that the current models look bad, it's that they're very difficult to tell apart from normal 212th. They look just like standard 212th from more than 2 metres away. And GC and 212th HC have all looked at the models in game and believe they look great: great colouring and amazing details likes scratches and such. The models are to make GC stand out and they're even cleaner than the current ones. The older models are ugly. These new models are far more inline with the rest server.

The models will never appeal to everyone but if you gave the suggestion a read you'd see why we basically need these models to remain relevant. We're the only official company on the server without jobs and that damages representation and awareness. This will make us obvious when with the rest of 212th while still keeping to lore (relatively). It doesn't really hurt anyone and the models look beautiful in game. We like em so why not give em a shot. Rn all we have is a black kama and funny writing on the arm, these models would really mean the world for our precious little company.

5 hours ago, Marvel said:

Also to add on, 212th literally has so much in terms of jobs and models compared to every other battalion...

Also to address this: We do have a lot because we're a bloody big battalion. Also we're getting rid of 2 models and getting 3 in replacement, seems fine to me. these models maybe add 3 MB which seems like a good deal for getting one of the longest running companies the recognition it deserves. We have less jobs then 21st and soon are to have less models then 501st (when they receive 332nd).

Edited by Comics
  • Informative 2

• Management
6 minutes ago, Comics said:

The reason I linked the umbara operative as it is basically a lore explanation for the model. the umbara operative is lore as it's in Battlefront 2. There were only 2 battalions at the battle of Umbara so the fact it is orange makes it pretty clear the model is of a 212th trooper. It being ARC only also shows it was for elite troops ,like Ghost Company. The current models are less lore friendly as there aren't really any examples of GC wearing special armour. The server doesn't really follow lore, these models are to make us look important and look important and special which is what we don't currently have. I think the 

It's the Umbra Operative not Umbara. Not related to 212th or Umbara at all and Ghost Company didn't have special armor in lore so the current models work... the black and orange just looks bad and doesn't make sense for Ghost Company...

I get the wanting to look different and all but I feel there are better options out there rather than edgy pumpkins... so many High Command suggestions get shot down for these exact reasons.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

+1 Ghost company’s current skin really do not make them stand out at all which is a shame because it’s a great title to earn. I think these skins will help GC stand out amongst the other sub units instead of just having some Basic sharpied onto their normal trooper armor 

• Friendly 1
44 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I get the wanting to look different and all but I feel there are better options out there rather than edgy pumpkins... so many High Command suggestions get shot down for these exact reasons.

The umbara thing is whatever. Lore is not the servers strong point so it doesn't really matter that much.

HC models get denied because they look like halo fanfictions. These models aren't really that edgy. They're just dark and orange. They look cool and stand out which is what we really care about. 

2 hours ago, conrad said:

-1, i personally think these look really really bad.

2 hours ago, Stockings said:

-1 I've gotta agree with Marvel and Metro, they be hella ugly. 

Thinking the models look ugly isn't really a great reason to -1. I personally think SO models look pretty foul but I don't use them and it doesn't affect me. Their models make them stand out and gives them that feeling of importance.

Unless the model has actual flaws ,such as: bad quality textures, bad proportions, shoddy/ugly colour combinations, or even an art style which doesn't fit with the server.
Personal feelings towards models you won't use and will only see every now and then doesn't  really matter, 212th really like them and that's really what matters: It has to visually appeal to us. Our models fit into the server and aren't close to being the most garish models. These are also some of the best looking GC models which actually stand out (which is what we are most concerned about)

Edited by Comics

Forum Admin

+1 cunt

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Forum Admin

+1, I do agree and think that GC would need an overhaul of some sort to actually make it useful (no offence), with the models you suggested I'm not TOO sure if they'd fit in with the current pattern of models we have but I'm sure it could be temporary or an update 

-

Models imo actually look nice so full +1

Edited by Naffen
  • Friendly 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1 I miss seeing those around 

• Friendly 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Banned

-1 Not needed.

r4ymo.gif

Head Admin

Honestly, they are ugly, but if you want this it is up to you lol. +1

Time to bully these pumpkin looking asses again :pepeLaugh:

• Funny 1
  • Friendly 4

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

15 hours ago, Marvel said:

This^^

1 hour ago, Piff said:

+1 I didn’t even know there was a ghost company skin on the server lmao, they def don’t stand out if I didn’t even know

This is an issue we even face inside the 212th. No one knows we exist because all we have is: a black kama, a slightly different helmet, some writing on the arms.

These models are actually a requirement to get us noticed by anyone. There are little upsides to joining GC. We've done what we can but we have so little to work with. These skins will work as an actual reward for all the shit you have to do to join.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

And for the sake of addressing comics I mean look at those texture and how glossy they just look wrong

the glossy look was the picture ingame camera flash I think.

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

15 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

the glossy look was the picture ingame camera flash I think.

It works depending on lighting. Overall they can look pretty glossy but will look matte when it gets darker. Basically they just react to lighting unlike most other models. So scarecrow is fine if he doesn't like the models for that reason. Good thing he doesn't have to use them. The sheen only appears if you stare for a while or you're close-ish to them. Basically just makes them look lightly waxed on the plasteel pieces. The soft parts and parts which wouldn't be waxed (the body sock & bottom of shoes) don't shine. so It's pretty much like GC waxed their armour to look a tad shiny

There are pretty much 0 better alternatives to these models. I would prefer other models but we don't have that sort of stuff available so these are the best we can get without asking for new ones. If you can find a set of good looking GC models which we like and will set us apart go ahead but we like these models even with the sum of their flaws.

Edited by Comics

I mean if you wanna look like a whole ass Halloween trooper then I guess why not. I think they are mad ugly but hey people said the same about my suggestion to all their own. 

+1 

• Friendly 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

-1 Lore or not, There is nothing saying that Ghost Company was any different form your basic 212th Trooper. Same for Torrent Company even though 501st treats them differently. That's just my opinion.  But the Lore on this server is a joke so lol.

Honestly looking unique is a bit of an interesting reason for the change. To be honest you different armour markings to the regular 212th and you mesh really well with the rest of the BAT. Its the same with Torrent Company with the 501st. They are the same with different markings. The Black and Orange just sceams make me special and that is coming from Omega. Again Best of luck Comics but I do not think this will make a difference to making it better.

• Agree 1

I did things for the server. idk what you want from me.

2 minutes ago, Crimson said:

-1 Lore or not, There is nothing saying that Ghost Company was any different form your basic 212th Trooper. Same for Torrent Company even though 501st treats them differently. That's just my opinion.  But the Lore on this server is a joke so lol.

Honestly looking unique is a bit of an interesting reason for the change. To be honest you different armour markings to the regular 212th and you mesh really well with the rest of the BAT. Its the same with Torrent Company with the 501st. They are the same with different markings. The Black and Orange just sceams make me special and that is coming from Omega. Again Best of luck Comics but I do not think this will make a difference to making it better.

Torrent company get most of their prestige through the fact they (mostly) have jobs and skins. GC does not have that luxury. Again, I don't know how many times I will repeat this. This is not for aesthetic purposes, We are doing this to give GC something to make them special. People do not recognise GC unless we are pointed out. 
We want to be special because we are special. I'm sure you'd love to have reg armour and nothing else except a name and some writing on the armour to distinguish yourselves. These don't really affect anyone else, we like these models and pretty much need these to remain relevant in the future. The issue we face is that we mesh too well with 212th. I'd dare to say most people on the server are unaware of GCs existence because we look exactly the same. We will still have regular models so if we need to fit in with the  rest of the battalion we can. These models are to make us look like a company instead of just looking like 212th

• Agree 2

+1 Its well deserved and so what if it looks a little "glossy". Also cant argue that 212th may have too many jobs bc this isnt a suggestion to add jobs its to add it to body groups. GC is already a thing in 212th and giving them another model isn't adding any unfair advantage to the server, its only a model. GC already has models but they're not that great, it only has Ghost Company written down their arm. A little more distinction wouldn't hurt

Edited by Leche
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 2

+1

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

10 hours ago, traditional said:

These pumpkin models again, actually disgusting lmao. -1

Once again, lemme say. Wether you personally like the models does not matter because we do. If you have a more objective reason go ahead but personal opinion on looks doesn't matter because some people clearly like the models.

1 hour ago, wicked said:

a suggestion like this doesn't really hurt anyone if it's just a reskin. It's mostly a decision up to the 212th if they want their models changed as it's their company.

It does affect other people on the server though, because every time we see someone on the job that uses these abominations we have to be reminded that we have pumpkin looking headasses on the base. They don't fit the aesthetic of every other model on the server and are way too over saturated. I don't understand what you guys don't understand about this.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2
5 hours ago, JBFox said:

It does affect other people on the server though, because every time we see someone on the job that uses these abominations we have to be reminded that we have pumpkin looking headasses on the base. They don't fit the aesthetic of every other model on the server and are way too over saturated. I don't understand what you guys don't understand about this.

Personally I love these models. It does suck that you, if you even play on the server, might have to see these "abominations" but i see god awful models every fucking day. You know what I say? I don't say shit because it's not my fucking model, I don't gotta use it.
Keller is an HD model, SO pilot looks like wet leather, Operations Reg is play dough, some of the HC models are ripped straight from Halo, Etain is a fucking anime character.
If you don't like the models, good for you. If you can find a set of models for GC that give us any level of proper distinction from the rest of 212th I'd happily adapt the suggestion but I get the impression you overlooked the reasons, took one look at the models and decided that you don't like them so we don't deserve them, which is sad.

Once again, personal opinion doesn't matter with something like this, I'm sorry that the models we love might hurt your eyes but we love them and that's all.

• Management
9 minutes ago, Comics said:

Personally I love these models. It does suck that you, if you even play on the server, might have to see these "abominations" but i see god awful models every fucking day. You know what I say? I don't say shit because it's not my fucking model, I don't gotta use it.
Keller is an HD model, SO pilot looks like wet leather, Operations Reg is play dough, some of the HC models are ripped straight from Halo, Etain is a fucking anime character.
If you don't like the models, good for you. If you can find a set of models for GC that give us any level of proper distinction from the rest of 212th I'd happily adapt the suggestion but I get the impression you overlooked the reasons, took one look at the models and decided that you don't like them so we don't deserve them, which is sad.

Once again, personal opinion doesn't matter with something like this, I'm sorry that the models we love might hurt your eyes but we love them and that's all.

Instead of adding more models to the server that don't fit in we should try to remove and replace the few that don't.

AKA all those shit High Command models *cough*

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

Instead of adding more models to the server that don't fit in we should try to remove and replace the few that don't.

If you wanna pay to replace all ARC skins then be my guest

23 minutes ago, Zim said:

-1 I don't remeber the 212th named characters looking like pumpkins.
Make yourselves special through your actions not some ugly ass models.

We've only got EOD (which isn't special to us) and Stealth Recon (which ARF does) We got TECH and Negotiations taken from us and we have tried there is pretty much nothing we can do. We have been trying for months. All other sub units get their fame through their jobs. Everyone knows TC but they don't act any different from 501st. I feel like none of you are reading anything and are just deeming the the models "ugly". We like the models and that's what matters sorry you don't like them, that's unfortunate. 

You made a fake character for yourself and you also allowed Havoc Squad to be added to the server. This server doesn't give two fucks about lore and don't pretend it does.

Edited by Comics
  • Funny 2

• Retired Founder
3 minutes ago, Comics said:

We've only got EOD (which isn't special to us) and Stealth Recon (which ARF does) We got TECH and Negotiations taken from us and we have tried there is pretty much nothing we can do. We have been trying for months. All other sub units get their fame through their jobs. Everyone knows TC but they don't act any different from 501st. I feel like none of you are reading anything and are just deeming the the models "ugly". We like the models and that's what matters sorry you don't like them, that's unfortunate. 

You made a fake character for yourself and you also allowed Havoc Squad to be added to the server. This server doesn't give two fucks about lore and don't pretend it does.

You shouldn't make assumtions, they make you sound ignorant. 
I read it, I simply don't think a single reason you provided validates it. I care about lore. The server does have lore discussions when I am around. I don't know shit about Havoc because I wasn't even around when it was added. So don't make claims with no backing. I have mentioned multiple times since returning Havoc squad should be removed because it's retarded. I have also made requests multiple times in my time here to remove all the blantantly false lore jobs. I have beeen told no because "people like them". I added my Pilot job for me. I develop the server for you. No amount of money this server could make would equal to the hours of development I put in. I added a job that doesn't make or break lore. It simply exists. If you prefer, I could just skip out on deving as it would be rewardless in everyway including the response it gets from entitled players like yourself. The side effect is nothing would change, as there would be no developer.

So why don't you shut the fuck up about what you think you do and don't know because I guarentee you don't know a single fucking thing about how this server works at the core. Try making a proper response and not personal jabs at people for not liking these shit ass models. Your upset because you want to be special like everyone else, but in reality clones aren't special in loadout or look. They are uniform, thus why they were a Clone army. 

• Funny 11
  • Retired Founder

200.gif

I think Zim said it perfectly.
Zim wasn't here for Havoc Squad.
I did infact say players would be upset if we removed Havoc Squad " Specifically DU"
So uh, yeah. No, I'm not removing Havoc Squad. Love you DU. And uh yes everything Zim said is factually correct.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly 2
2 minutes ago, DracoOdinson said:

-1 the models look really bad ngl and there was a reason why they removed them before

The jobs were removed to make room for k-company and the models were replaced so we could keep 2ndAC

2 minutes ago, DracoOdinson said:

-1 the models look really bad ngl and there was a reason why they removed them before

Hi, oldie here. Ghost company was never removed the jobs were just taken away during server reworking. They still kept their new models and lore names.

+1

+1

• Disagree 1

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

• 1 month later...