Bacta Gregor Application [Waived]

Bacta

O6DCnyTVWJVkihM4opl5LtZ-GZGiUc5CjDpbkDitJGaskTHCO84YmjoqvfbwSpevkCQC23b2BQWHVODCEsVCRK9mYOrMImob_cOW69A7IsyDGBRiMslXuTCzjIBZiIG7CNCFVZ_m

Steam Name: Bacta

RP Name: Delta-62 EOD Scorch

RP Rank: 1LT (Waived)

Steam ID (SteamID Finder): STEAM_0:0:91592661

Battalion or squad you are applying for: SOBDE BCMD

Experience:

I would like to outline before that Synergy isn’t my first server, I played on another server for around 3 years before recently leaving it mid 2020. 

327th HVY SGT Bacta [2019 SYNERGY]

PVT-SGT

This was my first position on the server. I joined it under the heel end of 2019 in 327th led by Poe at the time. I had an absolute blast with a lot of people like Obama, Lunch, Corvo, etc. I sadly left it as I was decently busy with the other server politics but I left with the intention to come back one day. Please don't count this as a real experience I just like putting this here as during this position it was purely getting on to have fun, I had such a blast meeting new people.

212th [9/26/2020]

PVT-BCMD

I will go down here with general confidence, I joined 212th in a VERY rough spot . At that time it was the heel end of Comics’ Cody term and there were only a few people regularly online, due to the server pop also being super low this gave me a lot of motivation to help the battalion by being a good NCO. During that time I did 100% into my position with the 212th, as an officer I pushed for a lot of new ideas and genuinely put my all in all into every action I attempted to push into 212th. Currently as a commander a lot of my focus is helping general functions like WO and such with this I am also a part of the general document team managing a lot of docs at the same time ensuring they are all kept. 212th is my home and will continue to be home for the foreseeable future, I have genuine love and respect for everyone there and I'm proud of everything I have applied into the battalion and excited to see it grow even father getting MEDL and being all these positions taught me alot, I’m thankful everyday to be apart of a great battalion like 212th, it taught me alot about battalion structure and what to do 

Here I will be laying a new update of what happened during my last application process (Dooku). During this time I continued to rise through the ranks of the battalion achieving REGL | CMD at the Graduation day of my school! Since then I have been hard at work on working on myself in the battalion to make myself into the BCMD mindset preparing myself for this position. I was then given Waxer, which has been a dream lore character since my first day on the server. I love his character, armor and design. Getting him was one of my best achievements I could get on the server and in general will be remembered for a long time. With Carson stepping down I was appointed GCXO (Acting Lead). I revamped the tryout working with Wren & Striker, establishing a new lead for the general community. I have filled up GC with highly competent members and throughout my time set up good leadership skills and trained them to lead GC after I am finished in general.

Delta Squad Scorch

Scorch has been my favorite lore position I have ever had in my entire time on SWRP, I have been blessed with some of the best squad mates I can be given with and have actually roleplayed and done my best to be the best Scorch, during my time in SOBDE I was also gray RC lead focusing on helping the battalion with the GRAY RC nurturing them into strong people and advising them when needed. I have really evolved with myself and been blessed with some of the best squad mates that challenge me. 

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

The crutch of my reason why I should be BCMD is my personality traits that will bleed well into being in a leadership position like this

- Passion, Since joining Synergy I have been passionate about everything I touch on the server, when it comes to GM | Staff | RP I have rarely ever half assed anything on synergy (except for manager positions on jedi sorry Katy), I have put in my 100% at every step of the way and done my best to keep moving with the battalion, this is the pinnacle of anything on synergy, you can be the smartest member of the server but if you lack passion you will not be able to actually succeed and properly estimate what is next.

- Direction I have a clear and focused direction of what I want to see SOBDE at the end of my term, this will be the biggest thing that I want to highlight in my application so I will bold it

By the end of my term, I want SOBDE to be a close knit family that houses some of the best role-players on the server and able to utilize their battalion to their full spectrum. (More will be expanded throughout the application)

Direction has been something that I pushed for during my 212th term also, one my first term I wanted to introduce new systems that challenge the idea of basic battalions (New WO System, Evaluation system, ETC) and by my 2nd term I was focused on ushering in a new generation of 212th as you guys see today that leads 212th to be the dominating force that you guys see today.  This came through clear and utter passion and a good direction of what I wanted to see in the battalion and the ethics of what the battalion needed. SOBDE I feel in the past couple months has fallen into the trap of being complacent, I want SOBDE to be the best it could be at all times to ensure no issues could arrive

-  Communication While sometimes in TS my mind wanders off with ideas, communication is always a big thing for me as a individual, for example, when this entire process started the first thing I wanted to see with what SOBDE could be is go to the founders themselves and talk to them about their initial reason of battalionziation, I talked to @Jad and had a wonderful discussion of current day SOBDE and how they envisioned it, after this I wanted to brawl and talk to leaders of current day SOBDE and really discuss what they see the issues is, part of why 212th was a strong powerhouse was when I had a idea of anything, I would immediately throw it down and talk to my HC, every single day I would talk to my XO to discuss ideas and bounce them off. Never was there a time where we were not on the same page, I want to translate this to SOBDE to ensure problems don't arrive that can't be handled. 

- Tools, as a GMM and an extremely active member of the community I can cover most time zones and do my best to do what needs to be done, if omega squad has 3/4 members? Small things on endor to entertain them, SOBDE needs a huge event? Bacta Smith will be your guy, my best work was when I deployed my entire battalion to the deployment server for 2 hours and just let them roleplay their characters with guest stars, this can't be done with a lot of people but I am your guy if you want this done in a fun way, I have over a year in experience when it comes to making good events and pretty good with it.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?: Yes I have read all the books front and back, and watched everything SOBDE related, sadly I still can't be in the Republic Commando Game cause that game is way too hard.

Availability

I work everyday from 1-5PM PST but after that I am free all the time, I cover the EU TZ  or the late night, because of college classes I'm either getting on during early EU or can get on during peak primetime, I am available 24/7 on discord and TeamSpeak whenever needed to discuss and talk about anything. 

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: 2000 hours

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:

The battalion is at a pivotal moment, to me it needs a strong leader with a strong sense of direction of what the battalion needs to be.  I'm gonna be overviewing every single portion of the battalion and looking at it critically to ensure everything is looked at

Standards and Professionalism

During my first two weeks as BCMD, I will be undergoing through a small evaluation of every single officer _ in the battalion, this will delve into my standards as a BCMD and how I want to see the battalion future to a effective matter,  This will be the most critical portion of my term and I will be ensuring it will be going smoothly, during those 2 weeks, I will be doing my best everyday to give them a chance to show their best abilities to be judged at, they will be evaluated with various amount of things with

-Leadership

-Roleplay

-Administrative 

These are the main 3 things I expect all my officers in the battalion to possess and for them to actually look at, the beginning of a BCMD term is the battalion best moments to see the best of themselves, By the end of the period I hope to get the best understanding and give the officers feedback or have to make adjustments to people that feel behind by a lot with this standard for the officer, after that I expect them to bring this standard to the main battalion. I want to focus on my officers to ensure who is gonna be in my corner and then move from there so they can bleed it into the main battalion.

Outreach

This is gonna be the hardest to do but I have plans to remove the outreach program in all battalions, after a lot of thought I feel this program isn’t appropriate for the position we are in and our focus can be pushed into other matters, I will of course work with all the regimental commander and the GM team to include the squads into other people deployments but this comes with the mutual understanding that we are coming with peak performance, I want the battalion to focus on itself and I feel outreach is heavily underutilized to its full effect. We have to be presentable and strong as a battalion inside before focusing on other things.  My vision like said before is that we have reached a level where we can ask to particpate in deployments as a full active RC Squad to help, my best moment was being Delta Squad hoping along in a 212th deployment, most of us were not outreach and it was a blast.

Facilitate Good Roleplay

This is gonna be a huge thing I will be focusing on as Gregor, I want to be able to get online the server and do my best to see the squads actually interact with each other, by giving them small missions for them to do when there online, SOBDE doesn't get as many events as they used to and because of this they don't get to practice and hone in their skills for the battalion. This is something I want to actually push for and really help the battalion when its not at the best right now for doing good roleplay, it starts with me as a GM but as long as i'm here to guide them they will be able to do good roleplay by themselves, the best roleplay I have seen on the server is passive roleplay just happening around the anaxes base. 

Grey RC

This is also gonna be my other big big change that I want to see, I would like to remove the idea of a squad system for Gray RC, the main 3 squads you should be joining is BB/Delta/Omega, your time as a gray RC should focus on your individual roleplay to hone in your ability to immerse yourself so you can be well equipped to be a good character by roleplaying as them in the squad. The way Gray RC will work is when you join the battalion you will have a choice of Foxtrot or a Unique Squad name, depending on deployments people can organize them to match it but I Want to give everyone a fair shot at roleplay and actually customize their character, if they want to join Gray RC and call themselves Gamma-86 Tree I welcome that with open arms and would like to allow them the best extend of proper roleplay.  If a group of friends wants to join and roleplay as their own squad that's in their right, the Foxtrot Skin will be the only one that's restricted to you have to be a foxtrot member.

Trainings

This is gonna be a big topic of discussion, I have had hours of debating how this should be done, this is gonna be something that is still a WIP but something I really wanna see if SOBDE hosting trainings for the server for them to enjoy, to this day, my favorite memory of SOBDE was when Omega Squad hosted a training for the server bringing them through a tough sim, and gave advice and help after, this is something I want to see SOBDE in a position where we will INSPIRE people by being the best roleplayers that we can be, this is something as always I will start off as a BCMD the first couple weeks or so, gather all of SOBDE to host a global training for the server, also hopefully we will be able to do in house trainings to hone in OUR skills, actually fun trainings is something I am also gonna start doing. 

/advert SOBDE Training in Endor All may come

And walk them through how to clear out a planet in an effective way. After I do a couple I wish for the rest of the battalion to follow suit and look at it from there. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: Yes

Edited by Bacta
  • Confused 2
  • Dumb 1

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

Forum Admin

Spoke to you many times regarding SOBDE and its future, biggest +1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

6 minutes ago, Claw said:

do you have any new Plans for Jedi in SOBDE or do you Think it just stay the same? @Bacta

I would love for SOBDE Jedi to focus alot more on the whole of the battalion, if everything goes into plan, i have interest in letting jedi tag along with other squads to bounce off, the only jedi that sticks to a squad shout be Etain but even then every jedi we have should be flexible enough to hop from squad to squad.  This will be a change of pace, and similar to Grey RC i would love to give you the freedom to make the squad and your backstory that you wanna be apart of. Our lore jedi and our attached jedi have been neglected for a while and i want to give them as many oppurintiy for them to actaully express there character.

Edited by Bacta
conrad is spamming confused with all my messages help
  • Dumb 1

Just like with Gauge, I'm very hesitant. This came out of left field and I really don't think you have enough experience in the battalion for you to be running for BCMD. I'd much rather prefer that you would apply later for everything currently happening in the battalion to go smoothly, but I won't try to stop you as it's already too late. You have my +1, but I really do hope that you'll listen to the battalion if you are accepted.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

GMD HA / Guild LT / Dev. Assistant Mavelle 
unknown-8.png

Head Admin

RM CDR ZWIN!! +1, good luck

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

+1, I shit talk a lot, I think you're genuinely one of the best people on the server right now, you're erratic and disorganised and yet always end up with a functioning plan to make things happen. you probably will deliver a hit to SOBDE stability but the changes you're willing to implement it make you seem very much worth it. Changes to Grey RC & outreach sound especially good.

You want what's best for SOBDE and I have nothing but respect for that

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

+1 ima be honest here, you definitely have the drive and passion to be in this position, some of your ideas are good but I still can not get behind the fact of removing Outreach. Like there is no point in removing Outreach, it is a completely optional thing for members of SOBDE. Why not let the people in the battalion also have fun with another battalion as their outreach? Either way I'll give you my support but please think things through before making a big change like that.

• Winner 1

+1 Bacta has an unmatched passion and drive for the server and has shown that with his success in many different roles. He’s had many experiences in high positions such as HA and BCMD for multiple terms and has also been in SOBDE for months, giving him time to adjust to the battalion and understand its issues. I have faith in all 3 candidates that are applying, but I’ve seen firsthand time and time again that Bacta especially has what it takes. Good luck, Mr. West.

Former:

Jedi Youngling

+1 I've known you for a minute now and I think you've done good work in the positions you've previously held. As well, most of the bat seems to also be supporting you and speaking highly enough of your drive.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

13 hours ago, BigZach said:

+1 personal bias but I disagree with removing outreach

I am going to be honest I haven't seen a good outreach after Maestro and Som, those guys were actually a part of 104th to a average 104th member, but wearing RC armor. Ever since then not one outreach has felt like that from a 104th standpoint atleast. 

Anyways, +1, although this came from no where and wasn't expecting this. I think your an amazing leader and very much qualified for this position.

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

+1

I've seen Bacta do a lot of great work both as Scorch and as GM. A big thing I think is important about this is Bacta wants to promote creativity and identification within SOBDE. I think this is an amazing idea. 

15 hours ago, Bacta said:

This is also gonna be my other big big change that I want to see, I would like to remove the idea of a squad system for Gray RC, the main 3 squads you should be joining is BB/Delta/Omega, your time as a gray RC should focus on your individual roleplay to hone in your ability to immerse yourself so you can be well equipped to be a good character by roleplaying as them in the squad. The way Gray RC will work is when you join the battalion you will have a choice of Foxtrot or a Unique Squad name, depending on deployments people can organize them to match it but I Want to give everyone a fair shot at roleplay and actually customize their character, if they want to join Gray RC and call themselves Gamma-86 Tree I welcome that with open arms and would like to allow them the best extend of proper roleplay.

^^ This is an amazing idea, and I feel like could be utilized so well within SOBDE. 

I want to see SOBDE in a position where we will INSPIRE people by being the best roleplayers that we can be, this is something as always I will start off as a BCMD the first couple weeks or so, gather all of SOBDE to host a global training for the server, also hopefully we will be able to do in house trainings to hone in OUR skills, actually fun trainings is something I am also gonna start doing. 

/advert SOBDE Training in Endor All may come

And walk them through how to clear out a planet in an effective way. After I do a couple I wish for the rest of the battalion to follow suit and look at it from there. 

I also love the idea of inclusion outside of SOBDE. Not only would Bacta be giving SOBDE strong and very enjoyable trainings through his GM experience, but it also gives other players the ability to learn what it's like to be a part of SOBDE. It could open up the mindset for other people to have their interests in SOBDE piqued, possibly allowing for new people to want to join.

I would love for SOBDE Jedi to focus alot more on the whole of the battalion, if everything goes into plan, i have interest in letting jedi tag along with other squads to bounce off, the only jedi that sticks to a squad shout be Etain but even then every jedi we have should be flexible enough to hop from squad to squad.  This will be a change of pace, and similar to Grey RC i would love to give you the freedom to make the squad and your backstory that you wanna be apart of. Our lore jedi and our attached jedi have been neglected for a while and i want to give them as many oppurintiy for them to actaully express there character.

The ideas for Jedi inclusion is also an amazing. As someone who has possible interest in SOBDE Jedi, I can tell that this idea would help the battalion greatly. Jedi are important in every battalion just like clones, and Bacta's shown that this idea can help prove that within SOBDE as well.

I wish you best of luck in the interview process if you're accepted, Bacta!

Edited by MrNeptoon
Added Bacta's quote about SOBDE Jedi
  • Friendly 1

I was the leader of the Dogma Balls movement
spacer.png

20 hours ago, Bacta said:

My vision like said before is that we have reached a level where we can ask to particpate in deployments as a full active RC Squad to help, my best moment was being Delta Squad hoping along in a 212th deployment, most of us were not outreach and it was a blast.

I get where this  comes from, but what if a gm does not think of something the RC squad can do and therefore denies you joining?
Or what if someone just wants to keep the deployment on a small scale?
Don't you think that the outreach program actually makes so you have a lot of contacts outside of RC that make you able to deploy with other battalions?
I also think this is the hardest part of your plans, since you still want to be deployed. 
I am thinking of giving a +1, but I still want you to answer my questions first 

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I get where this  comes from, but what if a gm does not think of something the RC squad can do and therefore denies you joining?
Or what if someone just wants to keep the deployment on a small scale?
Don't you think that the outreach program actually makes so you have a lot of contacts outside of RC that make you able to deploy with other battalions?
I also think this is the hardest part of your plans, since you still want to be deployed. 
I am thinking of giving a +1, but I still want you to answer my questions first 

Definitly, and that is perfectly, fine its all up to the gm disrection its not the end of the world if we dont get deployed. like i outlined in my application personally i will be doing my best to give my battalion as many things to do on downtime and even do my best to deploy them, my thing with outreach is that it doesn't focus on what should be focuisng a squad dynamic a example is a battalion like 212th outreach a deployment happens, Fixer | Drayton | Atin will be deployed, they have no chemistry or synergy with each other, but what i envision is every couple of deployments we could ask for the squad at the time that is active to be deployed, this plan is simaler to Jovanovic subunit deployment plan just in a smaller scale.  IE: Omega Squad asks to tag along with Rancor in a high stakes recon deployment, this has better chemistry and actually fits with whta the squad wants to do.

My clear vision for SOBDE is to be strong enough in the inside, that have strong RP values that can entertain themselves in the main server and be the best they can be in deployments

Do not worry about me personally, i have played gmod for over 3 years, i like making events more than i like participating, its not the end of the world for me.

Edited by Bacta

Look I don't like to vote on apps when there's multiple up but I cant not support Bacta. All though everyone has their opinions on Bacta I dont think anyone in this community can say that he doesnt put his entire effort into the positions he achieves. 212th did extremely well under him and I'm sure he'll do well here too!

@Bacta If you remove outreach, I'm keeping @Drayton I like this man too much!

+1

Former: Parjai MEDO Captain Four | Parjai MEDO Major Bear | 2ndACC Commander Barlex | Commander Cody

+1. You were a great cody, despite the memes, and you have talked to me in detail about the scope of your plans. When we talked the last time, I told you that you were committing to a huge undertaking. You are obviously very committed. I overall agree with your plans, and I feel like SOBDE will become closer knit to the server at large. 

Former: A lot of shit dude

Okay, So I just have a singular question for you @Bacta And this is to do with the Commanders/Squad Leads in SOBDE.

The way it is currently, Commanders within SOBDE don't really get a say in certain matters which I think is very dumb considering we're supposed to be "High Command" in SOBDE yet we don't get a voice in certain aspects in SOBDE and I'm going to go back in time to when you were the WO on Grey RC. Us 3 Commanders never had any say in wether or not to name you as WO that was strictly a BCMD and XO thing.

So with that out of the way my question is this:

How are you going to utilize your Commanders in SOBDE if you are named BCMD Gregor?

• Informative 1

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

4 minutes ago, Bleach said:

Okay, So I just have a singular question for you @Bacta And this is to do with the Commanders/Squad Leads in SOBDE.

The way it is currently, Commanders within SOBDE don't really get a say in certain matters which I think is very dumb considering we're supposed to be "High Command" in SOBDE yet we don't get a voice in certain aspects in SOBDE and I'm going to go back in time to when you were the WO on Grey RC. Us 3 Commanders never had any say in wether or not to name you as WO that was strictly a BCMD and XO thing.

How are you going to utilize your Commanders in SOBDE if you are named BCMD Gregor?

As a commander who was around during Bacta's term, you're definitely going to see a huge leadership change. Bacta was great at utilizing his commanders and listening to their opinions. However, expect to be pulled into quite a few meetings! He runs almost everything through his CMDs, and in 212th he would often respect his High Command's opinions and go with our decisions even if he passionately disagreed with us. I dont want to make it sound like he was perfect, but he was a damn good leader. His passion is huge and his dedication is unquestionable

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2

Former: A lot of shit dude

2 hours ago, Bleach said:

Excatly what bane said, i understand my weaknesses so when it comes to a lot of things i do there will be heavy discussuon, 

removal of grey rc /admin changes like tryout/day to day issues

that will be a vote between the officers of sobde

positions like squad leads/lore character demotions/the direction the battalion will be going/WO is through CMD

This power comes with full trust, like detailed in my plans the CMD team will be going through a evaluations of some sorts to outline what i expect from them and what they can expect from me.  

Edited by Bacta

7 minutes ago, Bacta said:

Excatly what bane said, i understand my weaknesses so when it comes to a lot of things i do there will be heavy discussuon, 

removal of grey rc /admin changes like tryout/day to day issues

that will be a vote between the officers of sobde

positions like squad leads/lore character demotions/the direction the battalion will be going/WO is through CMD

This power comes with full trust, like detailed in my plans the CMD team will be going through a evaluations of some sorts to outline what i expect from them and what they can expect from me.  

2 hours ago, Bane said:

As a commander who was around during Bacta's term, you're definitely going to see a huge leadership change. Bacta was great at utilizing his commanders and listening to their opinions. However, expect to be pulled into quite a few meetings! He runs almost everything through his CMDs, and in 212th he would often respect his High Command's opinions and go with our decisions even if he passionately disagreed with us. I dont want to make it sound like he was perfect, but he was a damn good leader. His passion is huge and his dedication is unquestionable

Alright. So after reading both of these messages I do hope that these both of these messages are true.

So I can now solidly +1 this application.

Along with you also removing Outreach...
:laugh:

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

Bacta is a weird guy he gives off the energy of a fucking CT PVT but somehow he always is successful in what he does. For that reason alone 

+1

P.S. Stop no-clipping around with your flashlight on you dumbass

Edited by Banzai

Former: 187th ARCO, DU ARCO x4, DU ARCL x2, 501st ARFL, Prudii Skirata, Alpha-22 AvenAlpha-98 Nate Current: DU 1stLT GreenBean

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• Friendly 1
  • Confused 1