38th Engineer Corps

Before all the "not approved comments,"

I am posting this for Mango/Yeti. He has spoken to Joah who directed him to add this for a suggestion. 

Name: Apache4K

RP Rank: Knight/PVT

Suggestion: Bring back 38th Engineer Corps

Experience relevant to suggestion: Former BCMD of 38th. I joined 38th when it was first created and at the time it was filled with alot of prominent staff and members with big named characters so they had incredibly limited time to spend on building it up. I was worked very hard to recruit and find a good structure with the battalion. 

The biggest setback at the time was a limit on spawns for props, vehicles, weapons and other items to help make sims/events more involved. Even with this setback 38th had some of the best RP int he Engine room during all events.

Regiment: Specialized

Lore: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/38th_Armored_Division 

Named Characters: Gaffa (Sergeant - Previously made WO)

Workshop content if applicable:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1226589987

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835781138

Or just paying for a Dev to create

38th Structure: All members would be Engineers. It previously had medics, pilots, ARF and Combat Engineer.

I think it would work better with Medic(limit 2), Heavy Trooper(combat focused Engineer), ARF/Support(Limit 2-4), Pilot/Artillery (Handles turrets, tanks, etc), Officer, and Jet(if reasonable to fit RP scenarios for eng repairs.)

This battalion is based as a branch of the Armored Division. It would focus mostly on engineer roleplay. That would encompass repairs, maintenance, system updates, vehicle repairs and other equipment roleplay. Advanced troops could possibly be trained for tech, eod and other specialized skillsets.

I believe this battalion could add so much for RP scenarios. I have seen it in action prior and the level of Rp was top tier. With some better assistance(sorry Zombie), this could be a incredible asset to the server. 

Edited by Runs with Apache
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

+1 - Honestly, Apache you should of been given more time as 38th BCMD as I seem to remember the battalion was doing much better under you. An engineering battalion stands to be much more unique and useful then a handful of battalions and would add a great roleplay sense back to the server. 

Not a Medal of Valour recipient 

1 hour ago, justuscloud5 said:

+1 we actually need something like this to make everything is stable they would work very with the new introduction fo Charlie and be able to do engineer to better than most and help out more then take away 

Very true didnt even think about it they can watch over charlie base

-1 and here is why:

First off the ENG branch anyway is a literally dying. I barely see ENG on the server. That must be fixed before a ENG battalion even comes into play.

Secondly how y’all going to be heavy artillery if vehicles is 104th thing? It’s just going to create arguments and overall we don’t need another battalion

4 minutes ago, Arroyo said:

-1 and here is why:

First off the ENG branch anyway is a literally dying. I barely see ENG on the server. That must be fixed before a ENG battalion even comes into play.

Secondly how y’all going to be heavy artillery if vehicles is 104th thing? It’s just going to create arguments and overall we don’t need another battalion

I understand the 104th statement. Previously 38th handled turrets and artillery cannons while 104th handled tanks and AT-AT mechs. This is something that could be resolved easily as overall 38th is primarily focused on repairs and ENG rp. 

As far as your statement regarding ENG RP dying off, I would argue this would be a solution for that. ENG rp is a huge factor of CWRP and if it is struggling having a battalion that focuses on that and helps train more would be beneficial. 

It would be similar to a school adding a shop class to build trade skills and the argument being that trades are dying so lets work on that before adding a class. The class builds awareness and interest. 38th would function the same.

+1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

To be quite honest, the lack of ENG Rp isn’t helping this suggestion. But I have a couple of questions before I make my vote:

1. How can and will the 38th encourage ENG rp to make it so the battalion doesn’t lose it’s purpose?

2. Since we have a lot of battalions on the server, i’m pretty sure one battalion has to get removed. What battalion are you suggesting to remove if this goes into effect?

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

Banned
2 hours ago, Red_Panda said:

To be quite honest, the lack of ENG Rp isn’t helping this suggestion.

I feel the opposite. If base ops doesn't want to encourage the task of ENG then maybe just give it to someone else. Some one probably more dedicated. 38th showed they cared in the past and I'm sure, under the right leadership, they can do it again.

Granted numbers were...lacking...they still served their purpose. Not even arguably, the same could be said about 187th and how they were lacking on numbers at that same time. So they both got removed. I feel 38th had more of a purpose to stay on the server though. No clue. Just sayin' that this battalion would be extra useful in the lack of the presence of a naval or whatever at the time.

Overall neutral. Leaning to +1 but not yet.

Edited by Jayarr
  • Friendly 1
4 minutes ago, Red_Panda said:

To be quite honest, the lack of ENG Rp isn’t helping this suggestion. But I have a couple of questions before I make my vote:

1. How can and will the 38th encourage ENG rp to make it so the battalion doesn’t lose it’s purpose?

2. Since we have a lot of battalions on the server, i’m pretty sure one battalion has to get removed. What battalion are you suggesting to remove if this goes into effect?

1. There are multiple ways we could go about this. A few have been done and ultimately the path would be based on what the high staff would establish.

The first format would be to remove ENG from battalions and have 38th be the only engineers. They would function as a semi mobile unit when battlestations are active. A core group would head to the Engine room to keep all functions operational and in tact. Meanwhile as other battalions required engineer assistance, 38th members would head out to assist. This would build a strong relation with battalions and also would build 38th up as those wanting to do eng rp would have to be in the 38th.

The other format would be if battalions also had their own eng troopers, 38th would once again be responsible for hosting ENG training. It was done in the past and it was quite active. It would give 38th the use as anyone wanting to become and engineer or base ops/naval would require it. This in my opinion is the less optimal but still functional option. 

Overall, the main priority in an attack is keeping life support, shields, comms and all other functions operational. So during events, drills and other attacks; 38th would  need to defend and maintain those functions. The biggest difference I saw during events during 38th and post 38th was that events rarely focused on disabling engines and system functions when there was not a strong ENG presence in the server. 

2. If it is decided that there is already a limit, then it would be the high command who would determine if one is replaced with 38th and who that would be. They would know best of all who is either lacking activity or who could be revamped into a more RP focused group. 

This is simply a suggestion as I feel the state of the server is in a good place for this. And I feel this is a battalion that could help enhance the RP of the server overall. 

10 minutes ago, Jayarr said:

I feel the opposite. If base ops doesn't want to encourage the task of ENG then maybe just give it to someone else. Some one probably more dedicated. 38th showed they cared in the past and I'm sure, under the right leadership, they can do it again.

Granted numbers were...lacking...they still served their purpose. Not even arguably, the same could be said about 187th and how they were lacking on numbers at that same time. So they both got removed. I feel 38th had more of a purpose to stay on the server though. No clue. Just sayin' that this battalion would be extra useful in the lack of the presence of a naval or whatever at the time.

Overall +1

Exactly. I don't see how this would cause a lack of eng rp to become worse. At the very minimum when 38th was at its lowest point on members at the start(I think at first I only had like 5 active people with me) we still were able to raise the overall levels of ENG rp on the server.

1 minute ago, Runs with Apache said:

1. There are multiple ways we could go about this. A few have been done and ultimately the path would be based on what the high staff would establish.

The first format would be to remove ENG from battalions and have 38th be the only engineers. They would function as a semi mobile unit when battlestations are active. A core group would head to the Engine room to keep all functions operational and in tact. Meanwhile as other battalions required engineer assistance, 38th members would head out to assist. This would build a strong relation with battalions and also would build 38th up as those wanting to do eng rp would have to be in the 38th.

The other format would be if battalions also had their own eng troopers, 38th would once again be responsible for hosting ENG training. It was done in the past and it was quite active. It would give 38th the use as anyone wanting to become and engineer or base ops/naval would require it. This in my opinion is the less optimal but still functional option. 

Overall, the main priority in an attack is keeping life support, shields, comms and all other functions operational. So during events, drills and other attacks; 38th would  need to defend and maintain those functions. The biggest difference I saw during events during 38th and post 38th was that events rarely focused on disabling engines and system functions when there was not a strong ENG presence in the server. 

2. If it is decided that there is already a limit, then it would be the high command who would determine if one is replaced with 38th and who that would be. They would know best of all who is either lacking activity or who could be revamped into a more RP focused group. 

This is simply a suggestion as I feel the state of the server is in a good place for this. And I feel this is a battalion that could help enhance the RP of the server overall. 

I don’t agree with removing ENG form battalions. This seems like the same thing as RM but for ENG

1 minute ago, Arroyo said:

I don’t agree with removing ENG form battalions. This seems like the same thing as RM but for ENG

I was expecting this comparison. The difference is ENG RP is entirely roleplay based unless we are using vehicle repair kits. The issue is RM is not just rp. Its actual gameplay mechanics. Battalions having medics means you are more likely to have someone there to keep you healed up during a fight. 

10 minutes ago, Red_Panda said:

As a former SGT2 of 38th Engineering Corps i will answer those. 

1. 38th Engineering Corps could:

Run Generator Room 

Run Charlie

Run Artillery

Ships repairs 

(example) 

2. No need to remove a battalion. 38th Engineering Corps could use ENG Room as their bunks (That room on right after u enter) 

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

40 minutes ago, Blaki said:

As a former SGT2 of 38th Engineering Corps i will answer those. 

Run Generator Room 

Run Charlie

Run Artillery

Ships repairs 

(example) 

2. No need to remove a battalion. 38th Engineering Corps could use ENG Room as their bunks (That room on right after u enter) 

Imma just step in here for a moment. @Blaki please do not answer questions that are rendered towards @Runs with Apache

Second, the bunks are not the reason why battalions must be removed for others to be added lol.

-1 we already have enough battalions and there already lots of battalions with Engineer roles it does not need a battalion just for it's role and the whole RM comparison is accurate. But where is the greater incentive for people to really join that battalion over any other if it was added as ENG is a neesh thing at best so where would be the incentive for people to join the battalion who are not part of that neesh audience, even then from there those models are bad any why should server resources be poured into making new models for a yet unproven battalion really.

Run Generator Room 

Run Charlie

Run Artillery

Ships repairs 

They are all things that and Engineer can currently do why add a entier battalion spot for it?

7 minutes ago, Esitt said:

Imma just step in here for a moment. @Blaki please do not answer questions that are rendered towards @Runs with Apache

Second, the bunks are not the reason why battalions must be removed for others to be added lol.

As you wish Boss. 

1 minute ago, Scarecrow said:

Run Generator Room 

Run Charlie

Run Artillery

Ships repairs

Dont look at it mate, Apache is boss here look at his answer. 😂

I answered to give an example what would 38th do. ;)

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

6 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

-1 we already have enough battalions and there already lots of battalions with Engineer roles it does not need a battalion just for it's role and the whole RM comparison is accurate. But where is the greater incentive for people to really join that battalion over any other if it was added as ENG is a neesh thing at best so where would be the incentive for people to join the battalion who are not part of that neesh audience, even then from there those models are bad any why should server resources be poured into making new models for a yet unproven battalion really.

Run Generator Room 

Run Charlie

Run Artillery

Ships repairs 

They are all things that and Engineer can currently do why add a entier battalion spot for it?

If new models are needed. I would be the one donating to have them made. Donate is the key word here as well. And Joah knows I'm good for it. 

And now I'm hearing mixed points. You say there are already plenty of engineers. Meanwhile 3 others have stated eng rp is dying/dead. 

We have to agree it is either doing fine or it is dying.

Also how would it hurt having a collective of engineers all trained in a uniform and functioning fashion.  

Edited by Runs with Apache
  • Agree 1
Just now, Runs with Apache said:

If new models are needed. I would be the one donating to have them made. Donate is the key word here as well. And Joah knows I'm good for it. 

And now I'm hearing mixed points. You say there are already plenty of engineers. Meanwhile 3 others have stated eng rp is dying/dead. 

We have to agree it is either doing fine or it is dying.

It is fine it is just choosing whether or not people want to do it that's why I called it a neesh thing as it is not something that people have a lot of interest in so making a whole battalion dedicated to it wouldn't help as the current ENG docs are fine and their general structure is fine it is just whether  or not someone wants the training and when the opportunity to do the RP is available to actually do it. the main issue is someone would rather be a ARC trooper over a ENG dedicated trooper most of the time it a optional RP function which is a nice but the last time something like this was attempted it was the EOD battalion there is no point taking a training like MED TECH EOD ENG and making them a individual battalion it is just unnecessary 

5 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

It is fine it is just choosing whether or not people want to do it that's why I called it a neesh thing as it is not something that people have a lot of interest in so making a whole battalion dedicated to it wouldn't help as the current ENG docs are fine and their general structure is fine it is just whether  or not someone wants the training and when the opportunity to do the RP is available to actually do it. the main issue is someone would rather be a ARC trooper over a ENG dedicated trooper most of the time it a optional RP function which is a nice but the last time something like this was attempted it was the EOD battalion there is no point taking a training like MED TECH EOD ENG and making them a individual battalion it is just unnecessary 

I agree if it stopped at solely doing Eng rp. But being as it is the armored division. It would be a good battalion to work in turrets or other artillery. 

• Agree 1
10 minutes ago, Runs with Apache said:

I agree if it stopped at solely doing Eng rp. But being as it is the armored division. It would be a good battalion to work in turrets or other artillery. 

but other ENG troopers already have the turrets and their is no other artillery as of right now and as the armoured division that's 104th's thing right now

5 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

but other ENG troopers already have the turrets and their is no other artillery as of right now and as the armoured division that's 104th's thing right now

We shared vehicles and artillery with 104th before and it was never an issue. And theyve added more now then they did before. 

I feel this could move engineers out of battalions into a single battalion. This would open a slot for battalions to flesh out their lore more. They could work to build more around their specializations. The server did that for a while and that to me was when RP was in a better state here.

as former gaffa or XO of 38th i believe it would be our job to help with engines so other battalions dont have to worry about them as often
Such as having more troops on the front lines and 38th will defend and assist with the generators  +RP would be more effective in the case the battle engineers aka 212th and the other engineers would work on things more related on the battle. it would make more since to have actual ENG
working on zed engine while providing more troops in the front line

-Former Gaffa/38EC XO Yeti

-1 We need to work with the other battalions we have now before we add another one.  

+1 overall 

Current:  Retried

Past: 2Del, x10Boomer, x3Anakin , x2Eeth Koth, Lumi, Quinlan, Adi, x2Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, 501st CMD, 91st CMD, Kano, Hawk, 2xAppo

2 minutes ago, Elijah said:

-1 We need to work with the other battalions we have now before we add another one.  

+1 overall 

When you say we need to work on the other battalions What exactly do we need to work on? besides 327th needing their new models

-1, After having my questions answered, I still think that having a whole battalion for one cause is a pretty wasteful idea. Just look at the people who want RM back.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

+1 to the idea of a battalion dedicated to ENG RP

-1 to the battalion controlling all ENG RP

People in this thread have stated that ENG RP is at an all time low and I agree, but at the same time I have yet to see anyone in game try and solve the underlying issue to why ENG RP is dead. This map we are currently on is toxic to ENG RP It's possibly one of the most boring generator rooms in existence and to work on the "cool" stuff you need to get permission to leave the base which means WO+ is needed.

I've tried to get people to do ENG RP during events but after the 5th or 6th call of asking for an ENG to Gen room or ENG's to report to charlie and not getting a response I tend to just stop trying. If people don't want to do the RP I'm not going to force them.

They way I see it, we need a couple of things to happen in order to get ENG RP back up to the glory days of Venator extensive.

1.) New map, we need Jimbo's map or a venator map because at least when were on the venator when the engines go down shit matters and you can RP that the ships shields or weapons are down. On this map It's like "Oh no Generator 1 is down, uh nothing really happen people still fight in Courtyard"

2.) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1461735659&searchtext=fortifications

We NEED this mod, do you know how much of a godsend this mod would be to Engineers in the field? Yes the filesize is a bit large but from what I understand it can easily be lowered to something manageable by limiting the number of objects stored and not drawing the outline of the fortification to  literally everyone on the server. ( LET ME BUILD SANDBAGS REEEEEEEEE)

3.)(Minor issue) Game masters please add more things to do for Engineer's for events. Say things like if you can re-assemble the tank in Courtyard Hangar you will spawn one for them. Have them disable CIS tanks on stealth missions, construct radio towers, ect. Don't just send them to the gen room to die a slow and boring death.

Anyways thats my two cents, please feel free to call me hella mega gey in the comments below.

shit   Hit me up       lmao 

Neutral.  tbh  theres bigger things for this server that needs to be implemented before we even consider adding a battalion but  if, (that's a big if)   this does get accepted.   I hereby accept the commission   (Im always down to grind some baggers out)  

• Agree 1
  • Management

Fat -1

We have too many Battalions as it is. I'd rather see fewer batts with 10+ people on each than the current amount we have now with 0-6 members on at a time. We shouldn't even be considering adding anymore battalions, we should be considering having less.

*insert any Thanos meme here*

• Winner 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Neutral but leaning towards -1

From my experience, I have seen the 38th thrive (back when it was implemented) and they seem to be having fun Rping.

HOWEVER

I will agree with most people, The main reason I'm against it, is that we have way too many battalions and keep in mind that the server can only hold 128 people.

not to mention I recall times that the 38th would be controlling in terms of things if not all, engineer related and would cause trouble with those engineer trained who are just trying to do their job (this was years ago).  Also the last thing we need is a 38th to be online in order to do something such as operate on the generator or something of that sort. (kinda like how baseops control who is allowed to leave or not).

Keep in mind I'm not dissing the 38th, but I think if it were to be implemented, there would have to be an agreement or balance of power or something of that sort with the 38th and those who are ENG trained. 

Edited by XSilentJoe

Retired:  OG of Synergy | Head Admin | Game Master Chief | Senior Attack and Defense Brigade Commander | #FirstCommanderAppToBeAcceptedOnTheForums.

28 minutes ago, XSilentJoe said:

Neutral but leaning towards -1

From my experience, I have seen the 38th thrive (back when it was implemented) and they seem to be having fun Rping.

HOWEVER

I will agree with most people, The main reason I'm against it, is that we have way too many battalions and keep in mind that the server can only hold 128 people.

not to mention I recall times that the 38th would be controlling in terms of things if not all, engineer related and would cause trouble with those engineer trained who are just trying to do their job (this was years ago).  Also the last thing we need is a 38th to be online in order to do something such as operate on the generator or something of that sort. (kinda like how baseops control who is allowed to leave or not).

Keep in mind I'm not dissing the 38th, but I think if it were to be implemented, there would have to be an agreement or balance of power or something of that sort with the 38th and those who are ENG trained. 

Maybe its time we expand the ammount of people who can join

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Fat -1

We have too many Battalions as it is. I'd rather see fewer batts with 10+ people on each than the current amount we have now with 0-6 members on at a time. We shouldn't even be considering adding anymore battalions, we should be considering having less.

*insert any Thanos meme here*

Big fact here

26 minutes ago, [SR] Mango said:

Wow I can’t believe no one thought of this. GMOD servers can’t support more then 128 people. That’s the server client max so it’s impossible unless gmod changes it’s coded settings to potentially allow more people per server which would never happen

• Coordinator
Coordinator

38TH POGU 

27 minutes ago, [SR] Mango said:

Do you know how much just having 128 people on the server taxes it in general and the amount of crashes that happen because the server can only really handle that with minor stress in terms of droids props dupes ect. Besides I don't even think Garry's mod can handle a server pop over 128 due to the version of the source engine it uses

• Winner 1

+1 get rid of base ops and add this 

• Agree 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Neutral

I like the idea of an ENG battalion, and I think it would help ENG rp. But it would most likely mean dumping another battalion, plus there's be an awkwardness with BO if 38th was in charge of ENG.

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

10 hours ago, Runs with Apache said:

Out of curiosity what would you say the issues are with the current ones and what is the work needed? 

There will never be a time that something doesnt need work.  

Too many to count and discuss properly to give each battalion justice.

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

2 minutes ago, BigZach said:

Too many to count and discuss properly to give each battalion justice.

So it is work that requires high staff and leadership to handle? 

Because this concept would be able to function on it's own without taking server resources to run besides the initial startup. 

The point of a hierarchy and regiments and staff organization is to have chain of command and chain of resources. A battalion having an issue should means the BCMD should create an action plan of issues and solutions and take it to their superior to either implement or take the next step up to be implemented. One batt issue shouldn't require an entire server to fix.

And if it cant be fixed after enough time, either replace leadership or find a new batt. 

These are simple business concepts I work with on a day to day level. Its basic economics.

• Agree 1

Much like the 187th, I believe this battalion could be successful initially. But being so specialized only appeals to a niche audience. For a majority, those that are interested in Engineering RP will be your only potential recruits. In addition to that, those that are already interested in Engineering are consistently loyal to their battalion. We already have a new battalion, and currently they are struggling.

We already have engineering on the server, anybody that is trained has the capability to do the RP. Not only is this available to everybody, but there is an entire branch within base ops that is focused towards engineering. Given the current state of base ops and its engineering regiment, what makes you think that an entire battalion will be any different?

People already have the ability to invest themselves in RP, whether it be in base ops or a lead position within a battalion, and frankly that is not where the majority of the player-base is. There's also the issue of the number of battalions. Due to the amount of different options for clones (not to mention Sith, Jedi, and Base Ops), there is simply not enough people nor server space to have every battalion thrive. It differentiates from day to day, on some occasions battalions can have 10+ members on daily, then the next week they could average 2-4. 

In theory it could work, but I just don't believe that now is the time for another new battalion.

Good luck buckaroo!

spacer.png

• Friendly 1

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

I never said it would take the whole server to fix a battalion...
Adding a new battalion wouldn't help the current ones that are struggling. Our BCMDs don't know about proper business structure and theory, other than Gadget (at least), if you want to put together a class for them you can.

So it is work that requires high staff and leadership to handle? 

Because this concept would be able to function on it's own without taking server resources to run besides the initial startup. 

The point of a hierarchy and regiments and staff organization is to have chain of command and chain of resources. A battalion having an issue should means the BCMD should create an action plan of issues and solutions and take it to their superior to either implement or take the next step up to be implemented. One batt issue shouldn't require an entire server to fix.

And if it cant be fixed after enough time, either replace leadership or find a new batt. 

These are simple business concepts I work with on a day to day level. Its basic economics.

Edited by BigZach

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

nope nope nope

We already have issues with several battalions as it is on the server having low numbers.   Adding any more is going to stretch this problem even worse.     Even if it is added,  it's going to end up like 187th and slowly die.  Yes,  there needs to be SOMETHING done for ENG RP,  but there isn't enough people for a battalion dedicated to it.    

Some of the ideas that people have pointed out in here (Alydus's Fortification Builder Tablet, etc) have already been suggested more than once and were denied due to lag concerns. 

Edited by Zensras
  • Disagree 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

-1 this would have to replace a battalion and I don't see the point of taking one out they all seem to be doing well. 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Some people are saying "battalions are struggling, we need to fix first" and others say "battalions are fine, we dont need to get rid of any." Its one or the other. 

Same with ENG is doing well and then others say its dying. 

Make up your mind. 

And as for the comment about too many batts, not enough people. Last year or year and a half ago. We had more battalions and 80% were great activity. 

So where is the disconnect? Biggest issue I see all the time, most battalions dont offer down time RP. No event or sim being hosted, its an afk fest or just run circles. 

That builds activity and involvement. Schedule stuff.

At the end of the day, this is accepted or denied. I am okay with either and expect the latter honestly. But some of the reasons being said to deny it, seem like poor excuses. But hey, this thread is all opinion based and thats just mine.

• Disagree 1
Banned

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

22 minutes ago, royer said:

if this goes through i want RM back

There we go I was waiting for one of these comments. How about we just add 101st back also while we are at it. Horns company, 338th, 131st, the possibilities are endless of all the battalions we could add. Like come on now this is getting ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, Alexz said:

There we go I was waiting for one of these comments. How about we just add 101st back also while we are at it. Horns company, 338th, 131st, the possibilities are endless of all the battalions we could add. Like come on now this is getting ridiculous. 

If you stretch out one comment to imply 4 additional comments that haven't even remotely been mentioned, then yes it is ridiculous.

However, as always. the format makes the difference. I have made a suggestion to be accepted or denied. Much different than "I want this."

I was thinking maybe one of the attack battalions with the main part of 38th consisting of combat engineers? Like a 

Combat engineer job 

RP title will be 

38th Combat Engineer (rank) (name)

ID bind out the main battalion and the 38th under subdivision.

Buffs would be what ever battalion wishes to take them in and their main weapon is a republic shotgun.

Well this is what I think 38th should be

2 hours ago, Avavel said:

Maybe instead of adding it as a new battalion, add it as a subunit to a existing battalion instead?

Battalions already have engineer's which has been my point from the start everything that the posts are asking for is almost already in battalion jobs so no need to add it at all just a be Engineer in a battalion already 

10 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Battalions already have engineer's which has been my point from the start everything that the posts are asking for is almost already in battalion jobs so no need to add it at all just a be Engineer in a battalion already 

The biggest discussion to this would be how players interact during events. Players will typically always try to stay with their battalion/squad. So an engineer in 212th will stay with 212th in their battle station opposed to going to a more logical location like Engine Room or Comms deck. 

An ENG batt would keep players in a more rp logic based location without them feeling isolated from their main battalion.

Love when people say battalions are struggling thats not the community thats the BCMD fault but what do i know for being retried 

Edited by [SR]KillJoy[SA]

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

I have to -1.

• We have WAY Too many Battalions already.
  • As Shown with RM, Roleplay only Battalions do NOT work.
  • This is exactly what BASE OPS should be doing (ENG Part) 
  • a few more i cant type out right now do to time constraint.

I just do not see this battalion working. IT might work as a "SUB UNIT" of Base Ops, but really. I just dont see it.
~MCMD Shepherd

• Agree 4
  • Winner 1

I would think the best option would be like a body grouper for Base ops ENG so they can fight in battle.

We could also bring back RM for the MED branch.

So -1 for your initial idea but this substitute could be a better alternative for this.

Because base ops wearing cloth isn't very protective, also why everyone doesn't want them outside.

Edited by Gadget
Added a bit.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

9 hours ago, [SR] Mango said:

Its not for you maybe but theres alot of people who actually want engineerRP 

You can already do it though by joining a battalion with a engineer job ig you acctually looked 212th DU 104th Base Ops ECT. they have the spawnable turrets they have the repair tools and geuss what they do ENG RP to thats been my point from the start adding as a battalion is excessive when they are plenty of jobs on the server that already do it already get priority on ENG RP and you through out your comments have made it seem like you haven't even made an effort to look on the server for ENG classes they exist making a battalion dedicated to them wont help as they are many jobs on the server that cater to ENG RP.

Edited by Scarecrow
  • Agree 2
Head Admin

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

-1, for a variety of reasons:

1. The issue with ENG struggling isn't because the opportunity isn't available (as others stated) as a job. The problem is that there aren't many times where it is needed, or those who have it don't do it. Solution? Come down hard on the ENG jobs and BO if they aren't doing their job. If it isn't that, then GMs should encourage more RP related to that while the shoot em up aspect is happening. Both of these could make ENG RP viable again, without the additional issues.

2. In terms of a battalion removal, space, etc, I agree that there is not room right now. With 128 people, it can be hard enough as is. Now personally, I would've +1'd this over 187th when they were added, simply because the "airborne" role is rarely useful and is already encompassed by 212th. If the 187th were replaced with this I'd be more inclined to back it. However, even they struggle with numbers and are pretty new, so adding another new battalion from scratch would potentially worsen the problem, or repeat it. As for removing Sith, they provide a completely different function (i.e. Roleplay that can be spontaneous based on patrols, attacks, etc.) that would not match a battalion being added (this was one of the problems with going to the Venator, we had nothing to do with Sith). And before anyone says "Sith don't RP," Chrome has done an excellent job changing that.

3. Jurisdiction. This is one of the big problems I could see happening. 104th handle armor,  BO handle turrets/Generators, GM do gate repairs, and then you add these guys. Despite how hard people work to counter it, people will always argue and fight about who is allowed to do or is in charge of something; I see it even now with things like negotiations, interrogations, hell even Medical and VIPs at times. I think the addition of it would cause more conflict than it actually fixed.

Overall, I think that this isn't the time, especially with a new battalion just added. MAYBE if this had come before 187th, but even then there are the other issues. Like I said, the real issue is that there need to be more opportunities for ENG RP provided and those who have it need to do the job when it is available.

• Winner 2