Joyboy's Attack Regimental Application

Joyboy

Steam Name: Joyboy

RP Name: 501st BCMD Rex

RP Rank: BCMD

Steam ID: 76561198799744459

Regiment you are applying for: Attack Regimental

Why should you become a Regimental Commander?: 

I believe that I should be Regimental Commander primarily due to my passion for the Attack Regiment. I always try to tackle new situations that arise with an open mind and look for creative solutions to problems that arise. I make myself as available as possible, and if I’m not available in game or in TS, I am almost always available in Discord. To go along with making myself available, I also think that I am approachable, which I think a Regimental Commander should be. While I want to take more of a backseat when it comes to making changes to the battalions, I also want to be very proactive in keeping the regiment active. I also want to make sure that I am keeping an eye out for potential issues within the battalions and stepping in to help handle them if need be.

Availability: 

24/7 in Discord, and usually between 12pm-12am in-game on days off

Give a brief overview of your achievements and experience on the server.

Positions-

212th PVT-SGM (2022)

501st PVT-CMD 

Kix/TCO

Appo/TCC

Anakin Skywalker

501st BCMD Rex

Changes as 501st BCMD-

Revamped TC Standards and Process

Revamped the 332nd Tryout

Put HVO under 332nd to add flair to the subunit.

Brought in a Disciplinary Team

Created a New Jedi Tryout

Return of Trooper of the Week/Month

Restructuring of the Officer Core

Promo Requirements

Officer Evaluations

Do you have a microphone? : Yes, I do.

Where do you want your regiment to be at the end of your term?:

501st:

I personally don’t feel like the 501st is in a really bad position, I’ve seen this battalion in really bad spots and this isn’t really one of them. I will say that during the month of November we were in a much better position though, but the battalion can definitely get over this bump in the road, we always do. My biggest goal for the battalion is to continue to promote them attempting to gain recruits. With the way that 501st is, they need to be constantly recruiting in order to help prevent the ups and downs that the battalion is known to experience. I have talked with both candidates about their plans for the future of the battalion and look forward to being there to help them in whatever way I can. On the Torrent Company and 332nd front, there are more changes coming to both of the subunits. With Torrent Company, the Command Team is wanting to make the tryouts focus more on the character you are going for, we took a step towards this during my Rex term by making the lore questions focused on the character so the next step that the company wants to take is to make the tryouts more tailored to the character to help promote RP as the character. Moving on to 332nd, big strides were made to make the company more appealing to the battalion throughout my Rex term. As a whole, 332nd is in a really good spot and I am happy to see it. 

212th:

During the Kaiser terms the 212th has performed incredibly well, and I would like to see that continue. They have things nailed down, so I would definitely not go in and modify how they are doing things. The only thing that I would like to see is them working more with the 501st, which I have already begun to push for them to do during my Rex term. I would ensure not to micromanage but to be available for them in case they needed anything, working with them in the same close manner as I would the 501st. As for 2ndAC and Ghost Company, I see plenty of active members of each subunit throughout the day, so I think it’s safe to say that they are in good positions. We’ll start with 2ndAC, the new Commander Barlex is very passionate about his role and the subunit as a whole and wants to continue to get the open spots in the company filled. With 2ndAC being what I consider the biggest draw to the battalion, having someone that is passionate for the company is a very good thing. With the new changes that have come to the server, has brought about some potential changes to boarding, which I would like to help the 212th get pushed through to improve the boarding standards. Ghost Company is probably at its strongest in a while. The current GCC wiped all GCO's and restructured the sub unit. Ghost Company pride themselves on their expertise and role play abilities. If current suggestions on the forums are accepted, Ghost Company will move to a stealth unit and will need to prepare new docs and rework things like dupes. I would love to be around to help these guys with that if it comes.

Doom’s Unit:

I debated for a while if I was going to put a section in my application for DU. While I personally love DU and would love to see them return, I don’t think that the server could support it right now. Regardless, let’s talk about plans for if the battalion does come back during my term. I think that the highest you could have anyone come into the battalion at would be SGT, but for me personally I would like to see everyone come in fresh at PVT and start the grind over. This would hopefully keep as many people from leaving their current battalions just to join the flavor of the month while also allowing me to look at who is actually willing to put in the work to make the fresh battalion thrive. I would be the primary person overseeing this battalion while we were in the rebuilding phase, since there would be no leadership to do the job. While I don’t want to make promotions hard to come by, I don’t want to make sure they aren’t extremely easy to get either, since again, I don’t want this battalion to take away from the others if it was to return.

Overall:

I want both battalions to not only keep up the pace that we have set over the past few months but also continue to push and soar higher than we have before. I will work closely with both battalions throughout my term, making sure that I am constantly present for both of them. I don’t want either battalion to feel like one is favored over the other; I want to make sure that both battalions are getting the same level of attention from me throughout the potential term. Although I want to take more of a backseat when it comes to changes since I have full faith in the people running both battalions, I want to make sure that I am still being proactive in promoting activity within both of the battalions. I also want to make sure that I am overseeing both battalions constantly, keeping up with their current status, and lending a helping hand when needed. If we can keep people in both battalions engaged and maintain the momentum we have in both battalions, then I will consider my term a success. I also want to make sure that the battalions that I am supervising are maintaining the standards they have set for themselves, and I will step in if I feel like they are failing to uphold the standards that they have set for themselves. I want to be meeting with both commander teams at the very least biweekly, primarily to touch base and see what areas they potentially need help in. I would also make sure to attend officer meetings when they are hosted to make sure that I am involved in the continued success of the battalions under my oversight. 

How do you plan to improve relations within your regiment?:

Currently, I would say that the battalions have good relations with each other, but they could be better. The biggest thing I am pushing for is more interaction with the battalions in order for us to work more as a regiment rather than constantly doing our own things. I have already begun by inserting ourselves into the 212th’s outpost schedule, and will likely continue doing my storyline missions but this time for the whole regiment. Continuing this will help ensure that both battalions are maintaining a good level of activity and get us working as an attack regiment rather than two separate battalions that just happen to fall into the same grouping. I would also like to see our subunits also start working together more, like sending out Ghost Company with Torrent Company and even rotating it around so all the subunits work together on a frequent basis. If we get our relations to be as strong as possible then the Attack Regiment will be a true force to be reckoned with. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive, you will be removed from your position? Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your regimental commander rank?: Yes

Edited by Joyboy
Slight positioning issue, that was bugging me.
Head Admin

+1 denying this man would be an even worse idea than denying Nissan

• Winner 2
  • Optimistic 1
  • Based 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

Head Admin

Huge +1 for 212th right here. Joyboy has put the work in to ensure our battalions where healthy and in support of one another and I believe he can continue to make ATK reg great in the regimental position. 

It's a no brainer. 

• Winner 1

Current: BCMD Cody (FIRST IRISH & WELSH CODY)
Former Waxer | Former Boil | Former Wyler

+1

Leadership Skills: Joyboy possesses strong leadership qualities, including the ability to strategize, make quick decisions, and effectively coordinate team efforts during attacks or missions.

Game Knowledge and Expertise: They have an in-depth understanding of the game mechanics, tactics, and strategies specific to the role they are applying for, making them an asset in leading attack-based activities.

Communication Skills: Effective communication is crucial in a leadership role. A good Attack Regimental Commander should be able to articulate plans clearly, issue orders efficiently, and maintain effective communication among team members.

Team Player: While leading, it's important for a commander to understand the strengths and weaknesses of their team members. Joyboy is adept at fostering a cooperative environment, encouraging teamwork, and motivating others to perform at their best.

Experience and Dedication: They have a track record of dedication to the server or gaming community, along with relevant experience, demonstrating their commitment to improving the gaming experience for others.

Problem-solving Abilities: Being an Attack Regimental Commander often involves adapting to unexpected situations and devising new strategies on the fly. Joyboy has a knack for quick thinking and problem-solving under pressure.

Edited by Banshoodle
  • Funny 1

It's a hard choice, since for a long time I've been a Jedi only person, and have only ever seen these battalions from the outside. HOWEVER. This one right here has proven they have the mentality and will to make change, to make things work, and to employ tactics unheard of to ensure everyone has equal footing and ground in the conversation. Denying this man would be a war crime. so for that?

+1

• Friendly 1

+1, Deathlok ftw

If @Finncan do 4 terms this guy can do 1

Edited by Mystic
  • Pay Respect 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1, Joyboy has made his presence known in both 212th and 501st and there isn't a day where a 212th member doesn't know who Joyboy is. His presence is well established and I believe he could do great things that he had listed off in his post, especially with the mentality that he carries with DU's return if it was to ever happen.

• Friendly 1

Current: Nothin :)
Former: Shadow Company Enlisted | RANCOR Captain Kase | RANCOR Alpha-22 "Aven" | RANCOR Alpha-26 "Maze" | RC-1140 "Fixer" 212th Ghost Company Trapper, Gearshift, Threepwood | First Rav Bralor
spacer.png

GM Leadership

+1 Will do amazing

• Friendly 1

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

+1 Joyboy did amazing as Rex and proved he has the leadership skills to take a position like attack reg. There's no better candidate, he has every quality needed for a position like this! 

• Friendly 1

Current: Yoda

Former: Shaak Ti | Arligan Zey Kit Fisto | Luminara Unduli | Jedi Military Advisor | Null-10 Lieutenant JaingNull-6 Lieutenant Kom'rk Bad Batch Echo Bad Batch Hunter 

Veteran Admin

+1 Not been here long but everyone who Ive spoken to speaks very highly of you

• Friendly 1

Currently: CG TKL CPT Hound / Gume Saam / Veteran Admin of le server

OG ranks - SO CMD Moose and First ever CPT Taggart  - The best Walon Vau - 212th Longshot -212th Boil

image0_0.jpg?Expires=1713869171&Signature=pQFr0NFqAAclPZeYNF7vhjGNiPkVMzCrH5co-1b6Ddw1rG4MIxfk17QXicML2RluDZGf6Cd17LvfdGdiXTTvScbv3iIjPv3jiDfNaPF4M-3pI2cbtrnaLpcnzt~XkWlzLxEZ3CD4hIo~SBuKePikssjLNIrqXs2pdyixwLeZPcXakqp~jqSnMKz8jBnMDAt-X2LnAx1X47sVHM3NeQkU4kKMnsAqrA~llVmvG-yVD32CB57Ak5Mb6V4jj87XqMSjpClxprk1RWL2RYawitVkPy49rMJvqj8-ofbmdIX5FlThB2BQCze2ateZjdaoD1xMVLWkWk2J0cB3OggMzdK9Ew__&Key-Pair-Id=K3RDDB1TZ8BHT8 

GM Leadership

+1 boyjoy will do good

• Friendly 1

Former:
Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager
CMD Alpha 17  | BCMD Gree 

Veteran Admin

BIGGGG +1

• Friendly 1

Kinda curious on what solidified your decision to go for this? I was under the impression you were headed to SOBDE after your term was done.

• Informative 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

2 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

Kinda curious on what solidified your decision to go for this? I was under the impression you were headed to SOBDE after your term was done.

It was not an easy decision for me to make, for a good portion of the month I was torn between putting up this application or just jumping straight into SOBDE tryouts after my term was up. SOBDE has always been a goal of mine since I came back to the server, but it also isn't going anywhere. What it came down to was, Would I regret not applying for Attack RCMD and the answer was yes. Right now, the Attack Regiment is doing really well for itself, and I would like to see the continued success of the Regiment and also push us to even higher heights. I think that with my experience and relationship with each of the battalions this will definitely be possible throughout the course of my term. Some of it also comes down to the people in the Attack Regiment as well, I'm not entirely prepared to leave them behind. While being in SOBDE or another battalion in general doesn't mean that I can't ever hang out with them again, it does limit the interaction I can have with them. I am the kind of person to fully devote myself to something, so if I was to join SOBDE or any other battalion after my term my priority would be making that place the best it can be. I am excited to take this energy and put it into working with the Command Teams of 501st and 212th to make the Attack Regiment the place where everyone wants to be on the server. 

Head Admin
1 hour ago, Joyboy said:

It was not an easy decision for me to make, for a good portion of the month I was torn between putting up this application or just jumping straight into SOBDE tryouts after my term was up. SOBDE has always been a goal of mine since I came back to the server, but it also isn't going anywhere. What it came down to was, Would I regret not applying for Attack RCMD and the answer was yes. Right now, the Attack Regiment is doing really well for itself, and I would like to see the continued success of the Regiment and also push us to even higher heights. I think that with my experience and relationship with each of the battalions this will definitely be possible throughout the course of my term. Some of it also comes down to the people in the Attack Regiment as well, I'm not entirely prepared to leave them behind. While being in SOBDE or another battalion in general doesn't mean that I can't ever hang out with them again, it does limit the interaction I can have with them. I am the kind of person to fully devote myself to something, so if I was to join SOBDE or any other battalion after my term my priority would be making that place the best it can be. I am excited to take this energy and put it into working with the Command Teams of 501st and 212th to make the Attack Regiment the place where everyone wants to be on the server. 

212th MAJ Boil

• Funny 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

Head Admin
9 hours ago, KaiserNeiner said:

212th MAJ Boil

I love the sound of that +1

Current: BCMD Cody (FIRST IRISH & WELSH CODY)
Former Waxer | Former Boil | Former Wyler

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk