41st better EQ

Argonianin

41 minutes ago, Baron said:

IQA-11 is currently a perma weapon that you can purchase. Go buy it.

Maybe you should donate the man 2 million credits to improve his RP.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Winner 1
  • Dumb 2

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

-1, Oh nah chief. 

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

I think a conversation should be had about weapons in the server, i think we have way to many perma weapons and to little weapons for regular players to have.

Next time i would recommend talking to your HC REP @BadDogand your BCMD @Cooter to try to think of realistic things you can change to the server

Most regular players will most likely rarely ever afford any perma weapons during their time with how small the paycheck is, your kinda relying  on a whale to give you a mass amount of credits

image.png

Edited by Mazen
  • Agree 3

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

Head Admin

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

I don't think that 41st should be given any different weapons considering the removal of battalion specific buffs a couple years ago. However, this is a good time to discuss the pricing on perma weapons. after waiting at least 100 hours you are able to buy a tier 1 weapon which are not at all worth it only having a slightly higher ttk than base weapons. and from there the weapons don't get much better per tier even though the price increase is huge.

I think the main issue is that there are players with weapons like the 90$ DC shotgun which can do 500 damage in a second (I don't own the gun but that sounds about right)  then there are the people who are stuck using the base guns that do like 75 damage per second. This causes GMs to raise the health of their NPCs and event jobs so that they don't get melted which is fair but then players without amazing weapons have no chance.

TLDR: I feel the current weapon system we have is incredibly flawed and is not only pay to win but causes those who don't pay to suffer.

• Agree 2
  • Optimistic 1

To add on to what I said earlier: 
There's no reason most of the permaweapons need be exclusive to the permaweapon shop. It's a permaweapon so you get it on whatever job you choose to play on! Just because the weapon would be on a different job doesn't mean the permaweapon is useless. Having a shotgun or a sniper as a Heavy would still be of great benefit, and guess what! If you're trying to play ARF and already have some kind of sniper, it's either still an upgrade, or we could just bring back a temporary 100% sale when this change occurs so you can sell your sniper to get something more useful on that job!

Locking half the weapons available exclusively behind a paywall limits the server so much in terms of what is possible! Sure, some things could stay exclusive, but I think a lot of these weapons could be reevaluated on if they should only be for people who grind out the server, or if newer players should get an opportunity to use them and eventually consider buying them when they switch to a different job!

Now, this need not be a major change with all the weapons, but I think at least making some of these items available to things like subunits would be beneficial and something to consider by the server leadership.

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

I have a questions about this, because this reminds me off old times.

1: They recently added amor and health bootst to specific battalions. are you also asking for battalion specific weapons back? bcs back around 4/5 years ago Each battalion had its own special weapon, but that got removed in time. So is it only the 41st that should get a better Sniper Rifle or do you think Every Battalion should have a Special weapon again?

• 2 weeks later...

+1, when i led 41st on a different server we had snipers, it made my life so easy to recon. and on this server a while back, no snipers and reconning was a pain in my ass.

Clone Army | 21st Sergeant | Keller's Unit | ARC Trooper | NCO Core
Jedi Order | Jedi Knight | Unaligned

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Soap said:

+1, when i led 41st on a different server we had snipers, it made my life so easy to recon. and on this server a while back, no snipers and reconning was a pain in my ass.

some of your jobs still get a DC-15X, why only 41st would get something though?

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

• 2 weeks later...
Systems Dev

The Snipers you guys already got is the DC-15X and the ones you are asking for is the IQA-11

There is no big difference between both these snipers other then the fact that IQA-11 Does around 20-30 More Damage to "REAL PEOPLE" which in a fighting sense is not that much, the main problem is the SET HEALTH of droids, after testing the weapons they are equal, I used less bullets with the IQA-11 then I did with the DC-15X on droids, Both weapons I used 3 CLIPS to kill 1 droid, With the DC I had 1 bullet left while with the IQA-11 I had 2 bullets left. In total there is no real difference between them, You will still have the same problem you have currently. In a sense there is no reason to change the weapon as both are equal

• Disagree 1

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife

• 5 weeks later...
Systems Dev

This suggestion has been moved to REVIEW PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been accepted by the community vote or through Founder approval and a concept is being created by the development team)

• Friendly 1

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.