Rotations

ETsilvian

Name: Silvian

RP Rank: SFC/Knight

Suggestion: Map rotations

Implementation:

I know this has been tried and it failed but i have a new way to do it. 

I know a lot of people are just getting bored of just being on onderon which is understandable as its out only map rn.

so i would like to suggest a weekly rotation where each week we will rotate to different planets lets say 3 base map rotations Anaxes,Onderon,[Whatever you want as the third].

On the week end the GM team could get together to set up a large scale even on the venator on the weekends a event that will fill the rotations for example:

We have recieved word of the CIS blockade over the planet of anaxes how mission is to fight through the blockade and set up resupply on anaxes base.

i rekon this will be a great way to peak peoples interest within the server because right now thats what we need.

Onderon base by itself is feeling repetitive and i know others who can agree with me.

Disclaimer im not good at explaining things so sorry if this looks scuffed.

I hope you consider this suggestion becasuse i truly care for the server love you all <3

Edited by ETsilvian
fucked wording
  • Dumb 1
  • Bruh 5

Certified Femboy!!
Current Positions: Jedi KU Elder Master Simms| Former Friendly Neighborhood Yoda

Banned
5 minutes ago, ETsilvian said:

I know a lot of people are just getting bored on onderon because it was a bit of a downgrade from anaxes.

Feel free to add onto this 
:redsquint:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bruh 15
  • Management
13 minutes ago, ETsilvian said:

I know a lot of people are just getting bored on onderon because it was a bit of a downgrade from anaxes.

Onderon base by itself is feeling repetitive and i know others who can agree with me.

spacer.png 

this gotta be a prank. I'm all for rotations but Onderon is the best map we've been on by far.

• Agree 1
  • Bruh 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

@Mavelle All the good ones have left by this point. No one left. Not a single person who would look out for our community remains...

Also imagine calling onderon a downgrade of anaxes kekew.

I think a double main map rotation would be lit, but it's gotta be done right, just going back to anaxes and onderon every other week won't be it IMO.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Dumb 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Forum Admin

Bro what :FeelsWeirdMan:

You are literally just describing a full server deployment.

• Bruh 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

1 minute ago, Bleach said:

This is a joke 

7 minutes ago, Guac said:

Bro what :FeelsWeirdMan:

You are literally just describing a full server deployment, with a dig at Jayarr for some reason.

9 minutes ago, Conrad said:

@Mavelle All the good ones have left by this point. No one left. Not a single person who would look out for our community remains...

I think a double main map rotation would be lit, but it's gotta be done right, just going back to anaxes and onderon every other week won't be it IMO.

9 minutes ago, Marvel said:

spacer.png 

this gotta be a prank. I'm all for rotations but Onderon is the best map we've been on by far.

Ok as i said im not good at wording im on the spectrum aha. anyway i didnt mean to make any shots at jayarr i love the guy XD ill edit now 

• Friendly 2
  • Optimistic 1
  • Bruh 3

Certified Femboy!!
Current Positions: Jedi KU Elder Master Simms| Former Friendly Neighborhood Yoda

Come on... Can we stop going back and forth with this PLEASE! -1

• Bruh 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

55 minutes ago, Cubby said:

this is like MED training...every new CMO wants to add or remove AMED depending on what it is when they take over. Going in circles ffs...

the only real issue is the execution but right now i dont see any downside to rotations with the servers current state. i could be wrong but the pros seem to outway the cons no? also the rotation that was brought in earlier this year with the venator just wasnt executed properly and we were only using 1 map to return to at the same time.

• Agree 1

Certified Femboy!!

+1

The idea of map rotations isn't bad, the Venator just sucked ass. It was the most depressing map out there, especially without perma props.

Now that we have a stronger server that can handle decorations, a map rotation might be really cool! We just have to do a map that doesn't make everybody want to play ROBLOX roleplay instead.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Dumb 1

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

2 hours ago, Dinaric said:

This suggestion is amongst the most room temperature IQ thing I have ever seen. "Onderon has been a downgrade from Anaxes" really? Cmon man.

While I agree it would be nice to do a server map rotation it's too much to keep up with it. Last time I remember we had one and nobody really liked it. 

We're good right now.

-1 I agree with the others

Nobody likes it because it was us going to a Venator for 2 days then going back to Anaxes.  Like what was the point? If they gave going to the Venator a purpose it would've lasted much longer than it did. 

+1 for the idea, but I disagree with most of what was said. I believe Onderon is an upgrade. I also believe that doing full server deployments will work just as well as ImpRP did because it's unique and new. Something to mix up the 5 years of CWRP. 

Ex. 1 day RP to us getting on a Venator, stay on the Venator for a few hours, onto a workshop map or something for the day with people on EJs and events through the day hosted by the GM team. 

Edited by Mystic
  • Agree 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

On 10/9/2022 at 7:26 PM, Conrad said:

Conrad said it just like it should be. People agree.

The only ones who -1 don't even play or have a hate boner because they saw the Venator get removed. 

Edited by Mystic
  • Dumb 1
  • Bruh 1

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti

7 minutes ago, Mystic said:

Ex. 1 day RP to us getting on a Venator, stay on the Venator for a few hours, onto a workshop map or something for the day with people on EJs and events through the day hosted by the GM team. 

That would be some SERIOUSLY COOL shit. I know when I was GMD it was a really tough uphill battle for stuff like this to get organised, but I hope with new management and new circumstances Beetle will be able to do some of this stuff. The hardest roadblock was actually getting workshop maps onto main, or really any map stuff done to main whatsoever. I just think that part of the process was way to caked in beurocracy, but it's totally possible and I hope that it's allowed to happen more in the future.

Edited by Mavelle
  • Agree 1
  • Optimistic 1

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

IMO the reason the map rotation sucked for the venator was because it was dull, empty like a complete void. Without permaprops it was a useless piece of junk. If we would do it abo fucking correctly which would make it into a fun area which isnt dull i would be all for it, but fuck it without permaprops, the venator needs to have props like benches desks, plants,boxes like in the main 2nd floor area, MHB, 3rd floor basically everywhere like every fucking map does if it has a venator. alright thats it from me, u get the gist

+1 The idea of Venator rotation to me was refreshing as it was my first experience with rotations on this server. I saw it get implemented poorly with lots of issues, nothing to do on the map outside SIMs and Events, etc. Using a map that had the opportunity to visit other places on the map such as being able to visit a planet from the ship, or go do patrols from a different style of base, would be a good way to keep things fresh. If it was announced beforehand and gamemasters were given some time to make basic dupes, and staff time to prepare what kinds of permaprops we want, I think it could go quite smoothly. Just allow the players to have some say in the map chosen.

I was one of the people against removing Venator as around the time it got removed the amount dupes for it started growing, and I love the concept of being on a ship for a brief time.

I love our Onderon map, but I think with any server it is healthy to change things up now and then to prevent the case of people getting bored of it despite the opportunity it provides. 

Edited by Keegan
  • Agree 2
  • Confused 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

1 hour ago, Vit0 said:

bro tryna downgrade 

how is this suggestion a downgrade? it only adds things. it brings more variety to the server and opportunity's  for events and encounters. 

• Agree 1

Certified Femboy!!

• Retired Founder
23 hours ago, Egert said:

IMO the reason the map rotation sucked for the venator was because it was dull, empty like a complete void. Without permaprops it was a useless piece of junk. If we would do it abo fucking correctly which would make it into a fun area which isnt dull i would be all for it, but fuck it without permaprops, the venator needs to have props like benches desks, plants,boxes like in the main 2nd floor area, MHB, 3rd floor basically everywhere like every fucking map does if it has a venator. alright thats it from me, u get the gist

The issue with this is permaprops are saved to the server and thus are sitting in the database whether we are on the map that they're saved on or not and thus constantly checks the server to ensure we aren't on the map in which they are required for. This creates a large chunk of unnecessary lag on any and all maps we are on.

• Informative 4
On 10/11/2022 at 11:51 AM, Mystic said:

If they gave going to the Venator a purpose it would've lasted much longer than it did. 

e85.png

This is the excuse every time we get a map rotation suggestion involving the venator   Nothing changes with rotating to the venator map.   all I hear is "IT WILL BE A CHANGE OF PACE FOR ONCE" each time that map gets brought up then the server population drops even worse when we switch to it on main.

Many older players have fond memories of it like myself.  The problem is that map has so much issues with lag you have to gimp yourself for events including when SOBDE has fucking tryouts.

I will only +1 if the venator is thrown out of the window.

Edited by Zensras

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

14 minutes ago, Zensras said:

Alright, alright. No Venator. We can do an Arquetin-Class Cruiser instead.

Edited by Lovestruck
  • Agree 1

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

14 minutes ago, Zensras said:

e85.png

This is the excuse every time we get a map rotation suggestion involving the venator   Nothing changes with rotating to the venator map.   all I hear is "IT WILL BE A CHANGE OF PACE FOR ONCE" each time that map gets brought up then the server population drops even worse when we switch to it on main.

Many older players have fond memories of it like myself.  The problem is that map has so much issues with lag you have to gimp yourself for events including when SOBDE has fucking tryouts.

I dont propose being on the venator for 2 1/2 days. Read my post. Using it for literally a few hours to RP going to another planet would be insanely different than sitting on it and spamming pilot events for 48 hours.

Just now, Lovestruck said:

Alright, alright. No Venator. We can do an Arquetin-Class Cruiser instead.

I've used this map its actually pretty good. 

• Agree 1

More main server deployments to different maps would be good, it doesn't have to be a venator, but if every week or so the server would be deployed to different maps for like a day (Because any longer than that and it gets dull). It would be cool if we had schedued deployment days. I would love to see the entire playerbase doing RP on coruscant below among many other maps. 

• 2 weeks later...

+1 this would be fun

Current: 2ndAC Spark
Former: 501st Kickback | 501st x2 Havoc Squad Acid | Dooms Unit x10 | CG x6 Rancor x1 | Naval Lightning Staff x5 212th x2 GM x3  | Jedi Lightning | Green Company Lead x4 | 2ndAC x1 

I am very neutral but sliding towards +1 in this topic because I've been trying to softly recommend this change, for the belief that it adds something new and it's not just a set base every single day until a new and improved map comes out. BUT I also believe if the map changes every week, it could confuse the new players trying to adjust to the server/rp aspect. However, on the flip side of the coin, this could maybe boost population. Imo map changes could show dedication from the management to try and keep the server fresh and try new thing. I don't know, the only thing I'm really certain on is this: if this is implemented, it will need to be executed very well or it will fall apart.

a few comments to expand on just some ideas floating around in my head: 

1) maybe the dev team could use this to "beta" test new maps they want to implement for event/main, and we could all put in input on what we like and what we don't like via a forum post or something. The reason for this idea is that it will allow the community to interact with the dev team in other ways than just commenting "Hey I love this change here" or "Hey I don't like this as much as this" when the new map comes out. kind of a way to make a "perfect" map for the time it will be used.

2) I keep noticing people mentioning the permaprop lag but not offering a solution that might work..... I propose and this is a very long shot, before we deploy to a land based base on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or whenever, the day before we man a venator on event server, while high staff sets up the "base" with the permaprops used the week before-> the way the staff keep track of this is each battalion is responsible for maintaining an up to date screenshot of what they want their personal bunks areas to look like. then when we "arrive" to the base everything is set up and ready for RP. now the downsides to this is staff will get upsetty spaghetti about having to place props the day before, and also map specific props but we can iron this out maybe? Now I can hear the "We CaNt DePlOy To EvEnT, It'Ll kilL pop" and I retort Not if EVERYONE is on the event server. also just spitting this out there maybe we name the servers Synergy One and Synergy Two, i dont know i always felt that if it was like this maybe we get more people because outsiders would be like "Wow they have 2 servers".

I dont know maybe im very wrong with everything i just said, who knows? just trying to provide some more insight and feedback rather than just slapping a +1/-1 and saying yay or nay.

Former:  41st XO GettWolfpack Boost | Unnamed Wolfpack Officer | 41st BCMD Gree / Jedi Knight / SG Lieutenant Faro Argyus             
spacer.png

• 2 months later...

The implementation of a rotation system heavily weighs on the shoulders of the gm Team to make it work. Beyond that, the last time it was implemented the gm Team was set up for failure as it was just dropped on the team with 0 advance and 0 preparation. There were no dupes, ideas, stories or plans made before the map rotation was announced to everyone on the same day. (Everyone includes the gm team and it’s leadership team). The rotation was implemented before without any prep work which caused it to fail horribly at the start. After failing, nobody wanted to play because it was boring, rendering any efforts to fix it irrelevant. 

right now a rotation system is nearly impossible to implement. Look at the gm roster, really look at it. There’s barely any one on it. Ask yourself when was the last time you actually saw a main server deployment that conveyed a story, included rp and used shooting droids as a way to guide the players through the stories mechanisms, not as the experience itself. The gm Team and staff team is not ready for a project like this at this time. Which is a shame because the last time we tried this we absolutely had the resources to pull it off correctly. 

if you want a rotation system, you better join the gm Team and convince others to join it too. Not only that but ppl need to stop running things without passion, mostly everyone on this server sees running events, patrols, and encounters as a job and tedious. You will never enjoy something if you never attempt to do it for yourself. If you hate running the bare minimum, you probably haven’t tried to create something beyond a shootemup. Attempting Creativity and forging passion is what makes life worth living. Try it for once, you might actually end up enjoying it. Even then, most of you still won’t enjoy it. Because the work that comes with being a gm is not all fun. It sucks sometimes to deal with a player while trying to convey a narrative to an entire server of players. But people get better at what they do over time and it gets easier. 

Anyways, I’m ranting -1

For now. This should 100% happen when the server and its  team is stronger, just pray that the server management doesn’t fumble it again the next time. 

• Winner 1

spacer.png

• Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

We have something else in the works that could potentially solve the issue to rotations.