Senate

Senior Senator: April 2021 - May 2021

Vice Chancellor Mas Amedda: May 2021  - August 2021

BH

Crimson Aces Captain: March 2021 - May 2021

S.I.T.H. Captain: May 2021 - July 2021

BH Contractor: May 2021 - Present

Guild Evaluator: December 2021 - Present

I’ve been a main for everywhere on the server but Naval at some point, and because of this have no trouble getting into the mindset and perspective of everyone on the server. My home isn’t just a faction or battalion, it’s Synergy, which is why I want to work to improve Synergy itself. 

Why should you become a Marshal Commander?:

There’s plans I have which I think would put the GAR and the server in a better place by the end of my term, but I’ll go into those later in my application. I’ve also been a ‘main’ of almost every part of the server and several battalions during my time which allows me to have a varied perspective, but that was mentioned in the experience section, and will be in the achievements section.

Other than those two above, I want to focus on something that almost everyone I’ve spoken to wanted to see from a Marshal Commander: presence, activity, interaction with the average clone. Nobody expected this to be often, but everyone wanted some interaction from the MCMD with each of their battalions or regiments. I think just an active presence of interaction is the main thing that the average person wants from their Marshal (Even higher ranked members of the community), which is something I intend to focus on. To be quite blunt, while I view the job of MCMD as very important, it’s not particularly time intensive on most days. Other than keeping aware of the situation in each battalion, the Marshal is often free to use the rest of his time to just… hang around with clones, which usually helps to understand the situation in a battalion anyway. I’ll admit this leads to burnout with time, but I think that simply being active enough to be visible is more than doable with the expectation most people have of the MCMD. 

On a more personal note I want to focus on communication and how I interact with people. To be completely honest, most of the time I've received negative feedback regarding communication has come from me getting too lax and/or comfortable around people I don't know as well. As far as self improvement goes, I want to work on more consistently speaking with people in a more reserved or restricted manner.

I also want to make it clear that as Marshal, I'll be exclusively working through my direct subordinates whenever actually implementing something, wherever possible. I do this in ATK as well, however as Marshal there's an important weight to words you say or conversations you have with people, so it's important that opinions aren't shared outside of the chain of command, especially if that would be contradicting a decision of someone else in a position of command, which might work to undermine them. 

Do you understand the lore of the Grand Army?:

Yes

Availability:

Varies week to week. Minimum of 8 hours available on TS or Discord/day. 2pm-10pm EST are the most likely times to catch me. 

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:

I’ve been an NCO and active part of several battalions over my time, getting a feel for and understanding the perspective of a large amount of the GAR. I was also in Jedi for a long while, maining the faction for most of my time on the server. During the time I was the Consular Lead and Eeth Koth for upwards of 4 months. I was also a 104th commander on my Jedi for about 5 months, and helped the battalion when it was at a low point. During the latter half of that I joined the Senate and took the initiative to improve the faction. I was promoted to Senior Senator shortly afterwards and achieved Mas Amedda shortly after that, running the small faction and being an active member of High Command. 

Afterwards I went for Attack Regimental Commander and served a full term, and have now served most of a second term as well. During this time the attack battalions have been consistently improving, and have not at any point become defined as ‘inactive’ under any definition of the word. I also have been avidly working within High Command to do various things, including working on the training hub discord and the creation of the joint siege-attack trainings roster, so that all mechanized trainings (along with AT and negotiations) could be viewed at one location. I gathered info and created the structure for the BCMD guide (shout-out to Willy for his amazing aesthetic skills) as well as created, upgraded, and maintained the now official contingency order document. I also helped to greatly improve relations within the attack regiment when becoming Attack Reg Commander, as I saw it as perhaps the number one thing that was afflicting the regiment at the time.   

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes

Where do you want the Grand Army to be at the end of your term?:

To me the main duty of High Command in general as well as the Marshal Commander specifically, is to act as preventative medicine. Essentially, this means that the Marshal Commander should be well aware of the state of the clones on the server, and be looking to the future. When the future doesn’t look bright, it’s important to step in and try to get good people in the right position to do something about it, or if good people are in the right positions, giving them the right nudge to do something about it themselves. I’ve done this during my time as Attack Reg, and while it may not be easy to see it means that if you do your job well, nobody even thinks you need to exist at all outside of those directly working with you. 

This contributes to my main goal for the GAR as Marshal Commander: No More Dead Battalions. What I mean by this is that there’s a constant cycle of battalions or factions falling into tough times or the wayside and needing strong help. More recently this has been Rancor, before then it was 21st, and before that it was Naval. During my start as a commander on the server, it was the 104th. I want to end this cycle, or at least stop it for a few months during my term. It’s a lofty goal, and I’m not even sure it’s an achievable one to be honest, but I won’t know until I do my best. And I believe that whether or not I can stop it entirely, I can certainly help to prevent a lot of those situations from popping up in the future and be able to react quickly when they do happen. I’ll do this by consistently keeping up/touching base with the Regimental Commanders, and intermittently speaking with the Battalion Commanders individually or just listening in on battalion meetings if the BCMD is comfortable with it. My goal is to speak to each BCMD at least twice during my term. This would be done with the RCMDs kept in the loop and allowed to attend, to make sure that I’m not in any way stepping over their toes and to make it clear that I trust in the competency and ability of those under me. 

I also want to take a more hands-on perspective for battalions without a Regimental Commander while simultaneously delegating to other trusted members of High Command. Instead of being the go-to in case a battalion needs help in the absence of a Regimental Commander, it’s important that either I or another RCMD are actively there, acting as their Regimental Commander to have a more hands-on perspective of their battalion, to make sure that it will be strong going into the future. I see RCMD as an important part of the server’s structure, and not just another rank to provide oversight which can be left empty for weeks or months on end. 

How do you plan to improve relations within the Grand Army?:

I believe that more interaction and communication between battalion members greatly helps relations. In my mind, almost all conflict comes from a lack of interaction, and seeing people in another battalion or group as the ‘other’. There are a few ways to chip away at this, but none to solve it altogether. One of the main ideas that I think helped my subunit deployment idea be successful was to have both deployed parties in the same channel acting as one unit. I believe that encouraging battalions to join one channel when working together will help them get more familiar with each other, and when people are more familiar with each other they tend to like each other much more. In other words, relations will be improved. This can be done during deployments, patrols, main server events, encounters, or trainings. Really just any time that is an opportunity to work together in game, I think it’s good to encourage that multiple battalions merge ts channels, especially if the amount of people in their channels individually is on the lower side.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your Marshal commander rank?:

Yes

Edited by Jovanovic
Bigger font so easier read go brr
  • Friendly 1

Goodbye, everyone. 

+1 
          This guy has done me great many of favors in assisting with things that i need. He's an amazing ATK RCMD and I'm going to hate to see him go. However, seeing more of him helping out everyone would do great work for the server. He's constantly popping in the ATK channels checking in with the CMDs and even the troopers themselves. I want to see what he can accomplish when he gets this position. I support Jova 110% percent. I look up to him and respect him. Not because he has a higher rank, but for the fact that he treats everyone like equals.

Yours Truly,
          EmBark

#JovaForMarshalCMD

• Friendly 1

Current Ranks/Names Held: Torrent Company Captain Boomer (Resigned), Senior Senator Gume Saam

"Surround yourself with people that care about you. You're the reward. Don't go seeking for others approval. If someone disrespects your advice without hearing it out, cut them mfs out your life. They aren't worth your time."      ~ EmBark

+1 hel yeah motherfucka go for it 

• Friendly 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

-1 in my personal experiences with you I cant support this app

• Informative 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Even if I don't look at your GM track record, you've done consistently good work in ATK and you possess a lot of good leadership qualities. You're a visible, well-known, trusted member of the community who has done a lot of good work with others. I think that speaks for itself. +1

• Friendly 1

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

We had a decently sized conversation before you put this app up, but there are a few things I see missing here from this that are actually very important for everyone to be made aware of. From what I understand you want to treat MCMD as an XO position to Palpy, while nothing is like "oh my god that's crazy", it won't exactly do anything. To me at least, this will make the position of MCMD useless, I'll state why.

1. You want to take an overseer role in all Factions. You really shouldn't. This is just an overstep to the RCMD Equivalents. 

2. The wording you used to described this troubled me heavily, and I won't quote exact words cause I don't remember exact words, but you claimed that you and Palpy would make change to a Faction SHOULD the Faction Lead give you permission to do so. I don't really want the leader of clones anywhere near my decision making process, nor should it be his job to suggest it. Unless I specifically ask for advice on a situation.

3. You also said that each Faction will have the ability to deny you any role or power in their respective discords. What concerns me is, "What happens when Palpatine or Directors force this upon the Factions?" Call me stubborn, but I don't submit to forced change. Nor do I the ladder of Command attempting such a thing if feedback on it initially is negative. (That sentence is hypothetical of course)

I know I stated that we would talk about this if you get the position, but there is nothing about this XO Topic or Faction Overseer in your app. It could totally be there, but I don't see it. I think this is something everyone should know about, as to why I am laying it out and obviously my opinions on it. We have worked together before and have butted heads a few times, but I can't support this app.

• Informative 3

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

45 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

We had a decently sized conversation before you put this app up, but there are a few things I see missing here from this that are actually very important for everyone to be made aware of. From what I understand you want to treat MCMD as an XO position to Palpy, while nothing is like "oh my god that's crazy", it won't exactly do anything. To me at least, this will make the position of MCMD useless, I'll state why.

1. You want to take an overseer role in all Factions. You really shouldn't. This is just an overstep to the RCMD Equivalents. 

2. The wording you used to described this troubled me heavily, and I won't quote exact words cause I don't remember exact words, but you claimed that you and Palpy would make change to a Faction SHOULD the Faction Lead give you permission to do so. I don't really want the leader of clones anywhere near my decision making process, nor should it be his job to suggest it. Unless I specifically ask for advice on a situation.

3. You also said that each Faction will have the ability to deny you any role or power in their respective discords. What concerns me is, "What happens when Palpatine or Directors force this upon the Factions?" Call me stubborn, but I don't submit to forced change. Nor do I the ladder of Command attempting such a thing if feedback on it initially is negative. (That sentence is hypothetical of course)

I know I stated that we would talk about this if you get the position, but there is nothing about this XO Topic or Faction Overseer in your app. It could totally be there, but I don't see it. I think this is something everyone should know about, as to why I am laying it out and obviously my opinions on it. We have worked together before and have butted heads a few times, but I can't support this app.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned in our one-on-one, I'd only brought this up to faction leadership at the time, and wasn't intending to put this in writing on my app for two main reasons. The first is that I have a hard time articulating it verbally (which is why there's some miscommunication about some of the things you mentioned here) and certainly didn't think I could fully explain myself in writing. The exact outcome I wanted to avoid was a misconception or misunderstanding from someone I hadn't spoken to personally, as I knew that would be rife if it were put into words and misunderstood or miscommunicated. Despite that, it seems there was quite a bit of miscommunication either way.

The second is because I wasn't sure how much I was going to go through with this idea. As I told you before you were the first person I approached with that question, and was hardly set on the idea. Since then I've had a chance to speak with several other faction members and a couple members of high command, as well as get the perspective of a lot of the rest of our command team on the role of an MCMD, which has not completely changed my mind that it would be a good idea, but I think it's made me realize that this isn't something that almost anyone wants, and not too many people are just fine with, which in and of itself detracts from the actual worthwhileness of the idea. I've also not spoken to either Freck or Sixta about this as I haven't been able to get a hold of them since my return from LOA a couple days ago, and I think it'd be more concerning than anything else to see that as something I'm running on, considering neither of them have at all been spoken to about it. Considering the reception so far from factions and HC, I was planning on not speaking to them about it, and dropping the idea all together, or at least adopting it to just include naval/senate depending on Freck's thoughts on the matter. 

I hope that cleared up why I don't have it on my app, but I'll go through the rest of your points and respond to them in writing as best I can, though I'd greatly prefer to speak about this rather than type to avoid further miscommunication as much as I can, so if you have any more questions hmu on teamspeak or discord. 

1. As far as overseer in all factions, this, I think, is a bit of a misleading term. The only thing I was ever advocating for was to have access to information in factions, such as (as you mention later) discord channels. As far as overstepping, I apologize if I didn't make this clear in the long time we spoke about this in ts, but any sort of ability to see into channels or attend a meeting would come solely at the discretion of the faction leader. No overstepping, no authority or ordering a faction leader around or anything, just access to the information which the faction leader allows the marshal access to. 

2. Once again I remember trying very hard to make this as clear as I could when I spoke to you a couple nights ago, but I'm sure I screwed up my communication somewhere, (likely in that the length of the conversation messages got mixed) and as this is a pretty out there subject, it's easy for a small miscommunication to result in a large difference in understanding. But either way, what I tried to articulate then and I'll try to now as well, is that what I approached you with meant there would never be a time when the marshal would ever step in personally, because that's still not his place. I don't know if I mentioned it with you, but I said with a couple others that I wouldn't want the commander rights for marshal to be changed, because that's how unofficial and in the hands of the factions this change would be. It was a proposal for more access to information to be able to speak with palpatine about the factions as well as the clones, not anything further. As far as not wanting marshal anywhere near the decision making process? That's fair. Ideally I'd like to be able to attend some meetings as Marshal, and if not specifically asked not to, give my opinion if I think it's warranted. But as I'll say again just to make it absolutely clear this was always what I was advocating for, that will be completely up to the faction lead. I asked you to give me a chance and a foot in the door for BH if nothing else and you initially agreed to revisit this if I was accepted, but you were well within your rights to say no and I would never want to imply otherwise. 

3. As far as directors or palpatine forcing the change... Don't really know what to say there. All I can say is that I'd protest forcing any sort of change like that on all factions and I don't think Conrad would ever do that, but it's possible for directors to do that. It's also possible for them to do that now, but I don't see why they would in either case. Maybe there's a perspective I'm lacking there, but I'm not completely sure I understand

I hope this cleared up some stuff we were disconnected on, and I'm always glad to talk more about it if there's any confusion. I hadn't said this publicly for the above reasons but considering this is now public, if anyone else has any questions or concerns about this as well my DMs are always open, or you can just grab me in teamspeak. 

Goodbye, everyone. 

• Management
Management

From my experience working under Jovanovic for a short three months I have nothing negative to say. Though I gotta say I thought you were going to the moon or something?

+1

• Funny 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

I absolutely loved your previous ATK Reg terms. I had a great time under you in 212th, and I rarely disagree with things you do. You put in a lot of hard work and care about what you do. I hope your good work as ATK Reg can translate nicely over to MCMD if you are accepted. +1

• Friendly 1

GMD HA / Guild LT / Dev. Assistant Mavelle 
unknown-8.png

Even tho I don't play anymore, i can't support this app due to past experiences with you that i experienced as a director.  (I am truly sorry for not giving examples but I am not sure if I can publicly)

-1 Good Luck with the interview. 

• Informative 1
  • Confused 5
  • Dumb 3

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

On 12/20/2021 at 6:56 PM, Black said:

Even tho I don't play anymore, i can't support this app due to past experiences with you that i experienced as a director.  (I am truly sorry for not giving examples but I am not sure if I can publicly)

-1 Good Luck with the interview. 

that's a lame ass excuse. For all we know he could have been mass abusing the powers given to him. You High Staff and High Command need to stop with this secrecy shit with every single detail.
If it's important and puts his skills in question than please tell us so we can find out and he can respond.
This just makes you seem really untrustworthy when you could have something genuinely important to say.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 5

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• Winner 1

hi.

• 2 weeks later...