2ndAC Executive Officer Barlex

RP Rank: 

XO

Steam ID: 

STEAM_0:1:155881421

Battalion or squad you are applying for: 

212th

Experience: 

2ndACL, Support Overseer, REGL: I’ve really only been in airborne while in the server; however, I’ve worked with all the other subunits multiple times as well as helped them during tryouts so i wouldn't say that my limited experience has hindered me from getting to know other units and battalions

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: 

I personally feel that I’ve been in this battalion for long enough to understand how it works. I’ve been in this battalion for around 2 years (on and off) so I bring quite a bit of past knowledge to the table. This information may be useful when making decisions regarding what works and what doesn’t.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:

I sure do

Availability:

All the time on discord (unless im asleep)

I tend to be on the server after school (after 3:00 est)

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:

1515 hours

Do you have a microphone?:

I do 

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:

I want the regimental structure to be simple yet effective, the battalion to know how to enjoy their time, and understand how the chain of command works. The regimental structure is at a stable point at the moment but I want to make it more comparable to other battalions so there’s no confusion in between rank and other functions within the battalion. I plan on focusing more on “Quality of Life” for the members of the battalion; the battalion has decreased in amount of “fun” on the server through the years due to there being a lot of down time and lack of ideas. Since I’ve rejoined staff I really want to show off entertainment ideas as well as giving fun events to 212th while we’re sitting around doing nothing because at the end of the day Gmod is a game and I want everyone to enjoy their time away from IRL issues. Regarding Chain of Command, people tend to jump to the highest rank possible and it can be a bit overbearing to the person who is in charge so I want to implement something that forces them to attempt to work up the Coc.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

I do

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:

I do

Extra:

Please leave serious feedback and questions. Thank you!

Forum Admin

+1, Leche has been here from the start. Through the ups and downs hes stuck true to this battalion. The amount of dedication this man has is insane.

• Friendly 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Biggest +1 ever. Leche has been with the 212th and the 212th only for the entire time he has been on the server (2  years!!). His dedication to the battalion is unmatched, his attitude is ideal for a leadership position, and he’s a legitimately good guy that people would not hesitate to talk to. 

Good luck, Leche! You got this. 

• Friendly 2

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

Right, this male specimen is a fantastic leader, person and worker. He has been a highly proficient XO and a commander for the time he has been in the position. He has been made XO for a reason, and i couldn't be more happier with how he has progressed and who i am leaving the battalion in the hands of. Ly man. good luck. 

+10 

• Informative 1
  • Friendly 1

Discord: Mason#2710

+1 

Active, Good leader, no unpleasant experiences with this man.

• Friendly 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Im gonna be brutally honest here.
I am going to -1 this, and if you respond in an adequate way I will reverse my decision, as I believe in you and you have been a close friend of mine for awhile. But If I see you as Cody, here are some things that would make me pretty angry:
About a month and a half ago, high Command Virtually disappeared, your activity being easily the worst of the three. However, while the other two are struggling still, you have come back. The battalion suffered considerably during this time, as 212th is so assbackwards rank wise you cant have a substantial impact unless you are in a commander position. There would be weeks you guys would say you were gonna promote someone, and after two weeks, it still wasn't done. I straight up promoted someone to senior officer because of this, consulting no one, and nobody even said a word to me. If you get Cody, you are gonna have to fix the innumerable problems in the officer corps, with 90% of those problems being concentrated with senior officers and High command.

Please god, do something with honoraries. When it got to the fucking point where Mason had to make a different high command channel because all that happened in the command channel, where you are meant to discuss the important issues in the battalion, promotions, and your future, was former cody's, some of them being Cody as long as 3 years ago spamming it with memes. Every fucking Cody gets a MAJ rank and access to every channel in the discord. No matter how Amazing or garbage they were, they receive the same rank. Some, like Maloik, used it for good. Others, used it to fucking act as though they still play the server. Give them all fellowship and listen to them there, I don't care, but fucking please god, just stop letting them see into every aspect of the battalion. Let Legendaries see into Senior Officer chat if you want, because there are maybe 5 of them and they are typically people who never cause problems. But imo, its been a cancer on the battalion for far too long. We gave it to Billiam and Mamba because we thought it was good at the time, but the fact that its become a tradition and a trend is fucking stupid as hell. 

Your time as REGL also pissed me off considerably. You did great, great things with it at the start, but it got to a point where some regiments began to struggle, and with us not having a meeting for around 3-4 weeks, we scheduled a meeting because you hadn't, and you yelled at us for "not inviting you into your own meeting", when we @'d you in the channel several times that we were going to have one. Many officers watched this happen, and it was fucking disgusting. 

Promotions are another thing. I actually cannot think of a battalion that is as stingy promotionwise as 212th. People can clock in 8 hours a day for 30 days, doing entertainments, and being a model in the battalion, but still have to wait the same time as others who have done less. People have been XOs and leaders of subunits and have had this shit done to them. Don't run everyone and their mom by the same fucking standard. If a Captain who has sat for 30 days doing mediocre work gets passed by another guy because he is putting in twice the work and is a role model, then the captain needs to fucking suck it up and understand that man is doing work. Im not saying promote everyone every week. But the fact that half the senior officers wait 50+ days to go up a rank when most are leaders of regiments when high command is fucking struggling to clock 10 hours between all three of them in a week, its a fucking problem. If you wanna hold everyone to high ass standards, you better fucking hold them to yourselves, because I haven't really fucking seen it. You have many rich and promising officers and a struggling HC, and yet, no promotions. This is the fault of all three of you. Not just Mason. 

Which brings me to my final point, tradition. There are many 212th traditions that are good, and have done good things. But our promotion standards are tradition, honoraries are a tradition, and appearently, never having a full HC structure when you are easily one of the most active, full, and competent battalions with dozens of people putting in Commander Caliber hours and work, is an issue. The week that we got no communication from you guys made me sick. Sick to my fucking stomach. If high command is struggling that badly, promote some people to help you. And I mean to a COMMANDER Position. The rank of Colonel and below do fucking nothing high command wise, and a colonel whos been in high command has the same powers and privileges as a guy who got Major yesterday. Our standards were strict and our traditions worked at the start of Synergy, when Billiam and Mamba were cody, and when we were getting 30 new privates every week. Now our numbers have dwindled, not just in 212th, but on synergy, and our standards have stayed the same. 

The examples I used here aren't just shit that happened to me, but shit that happened to everyone. I can go to multiple different officers, and they can confirm everything I have said here. This wasn't just a me problem. This was a battalion problem.
Leche, youre a sick fucking dude, but if you being Cody keeps 212th on the same stagnated path its been on the past 6 months, I can't bring myself to +1 you. If you respond to this with a plan other than 2 fucking sentences on your app which dont detail much, I know 110% your can run this battalion into the best its been in a long long time. 
Until then, I love you man. Don't let me down

Edited by Shockpoint
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Informative 8
  • Pay Respect 2

If you use the RC Shotgun you are automatically cringe.

34 minutes ago, Shockpoint said:

Im gonna be brutally honest here.
I am going to -1 this, and if you respond in an adequate way I will reverse my decision, as I believe in you and you have been a close friend of mine for awhile. But If I see you as Cody, here are some things that would make me pretty angry:
About a month and a half ago, high Command Virtually disappeared, your activity being easily the worst of the three. However, while the other two are struggling still, you have come back. The battalion suffered considerably during this time, as 212th is so assbackwards rank wise you cant have a substantial impact unless you are in a commander position. There would be weeks you guys would say you were gonna promote someone, and after two weeks, it still wasn't done. I straight up promoted someone to senior officer because of this, consulting no one, and nobody even said a word to me. If you get Cody, you are gonna have to fix the innumerable problems in the officer corps, with 90% of those problems being concentrated with senior officers and High command.

Please god, do something with honoraries. When it got to the fucking point where Mason had to make a different high command channel because all that happened in the command channel, where you are meant to discuss the important issues in the battalion, promotions, and your future, was former cody's, some of them being Cody as long as 3 years ago spamming it with memes. Every fucking Cody gets a MAJ rank and access to every channel in the discord. No matter how Amazing or garbage they were, they receive the same rank. Some, like Maloik, used it for good. Others, used it to fucking act as though they still play the server. Give them all fellowship and listen to them there, I don't care, but fucking please god, just stop letting them see into every aspect of the battalion. Let Legendaries see into Senior Officer chat if you want, because there are maybe 5 of them and they are typically people who never cause problems. But imo, its been a cancer on the battalion for far too long. We gave it to Billiam and Mamba because we thought it was good at the time, but the fact that its become a tradition and a trend is fucking stupid as hell. 

Your time as REGL also pissed me off considerably. You did great, great things with it at the start, but it got to a point where some regiments began to struggle, and with us not having a meeting for around 3-4 weeks, we scheduled a meeting because you hadn't, and you yelled at us for "not inviting you into your own meeting", when we @'d you in the channel several times that we were going to have one. Many officers watched this happen, and it was fucking disgusting. 

Promotions are another thing. I actually cannot think of a battalion that is as stingy promotionwise as 212th. People can clock in 8 hours a day for 30 days, doing entertainments, and being a model in the battalion, but still have to wait the same time as others who have done less. People have been XOs and leaders of subunits and have had this shit done to them. Don't run everyone and their mom by the same fucking standard. If a Captain who has sat for 30 days doing mediocre work gets passed by another guy because he is putting in twice the work and is a role model, then the captain needs to fucking suck it up and understand that man is doing work. Im not saying promote everyone every week. But the fact that half the senior officers wait 50+ days to go up a rank when most are leaders of regiments when high command is fucking struggling to clock 10 hours between all three of them in a week, its a fucking problem. If you wanna hold everyone to high ass standards, you better fucking hold them to yourselves, because I haven't really fucking seen it. You have many rich and promising officers and a struggling HC, and yet, no promotions. This is the fault of all three of you. Not just Mason. 

Which brings me to my final point, tradition. There are many 212th traditions that are good, and have done good things. But our promotion standards are tradition, honoraries are a tradition, and appearently, never having a full HC structure when you are easily one of the most active, full, and competent battalions with dozens of people putting in Commander Caliber hours and work, is an issue. The week that we got no communication from you guys made me sick. Sick to my fucking stomach. If high command is struggling that badly, promote some people to help you. And I mean to a COMMANDER Position. The rank of Colonel and below do fucking nothing high command wise, and a colonel whos been in high command has the same powers and privileges as a guy who got Major yesterday. Our standards were strict and our traditions worked at the start of Synergy, when Billiam and Mamba were cody, and when we were getting 30 new privates every week. Now our numbers have dwindled, not just in 212th, but on synergy, and our standards have stayed the same. 

The examples I used here aren't just shit that happened to me, but shit that happened to everyone. I can go to multiple different officers, and they can confirm everything I have said here. This wasn't just a me problem. This was a battalion problem.
Leche, youre a sick fucking dude, but if you being Cody keeps 212th on the same stagnated path its been on the past 6 months, I can't bring myself to +1 you. If you respond to this with a plan other than 2 fucking sentences on your app which dont detail much, I know 110% your can run this battalion into the best its been in a long long time. 
Until then, I love you man. Don't let me down

I want to start this off by saying thank you for giving feedback and that ill try my best to comment on everything you put in this -1 as much as possible and in order. When it comes to previous Cody's getting HMAJ and the affects that come with it, It was recently brought to my attention by HC to lower the legacy rank due to formers coming back and shooting to higher ranks instantly which I will for sure fix. HC chat in the 212th was aids for the longest time due to the fact that we would try to have  a serious conversation then previous Cody's would spam memes, after asking them to stop, there was no prevail. I then recommended to Mason that we made a "actual HC" channel that would eliminate this factor to ease communications.

In regards to my absence, I had a huge problem with getting on due to the fact that it was the holidays and I worked at best buy. To explain further, I'm a student that's going to college as well as practically working full time (at the time of my absence), when I got home I was tired, I checked discord, watched a show, went to bed, and repeat.; hell, I even sat in TS while doing my homework and regardless of my physical absence I still managed to give feedback when needed as well as purposed ideas to mason relating to promotions and future endeavors. All of this had a huge impact on me mentally especially when I wasn't allowed to go home for the holidays which I explained multiple time to many 212th members. Again, I apologize for me disappearing but I don't work now so I have a lot of time on my hands.

Now with the promotion side of things, we've sat in ts multiple times talking about this and agreeing on it. There have been multiple times where I've vouched for people deserving of promotions that were not given. When you promoted the person without asking we did talk to you, it was after it all happened as well as it took place during another conversation but I do remember confronting you about it. Like I told you right before you went to Echo, I was talking to mason about seriously promoting you to CMD as well as possibly one of two others, which is a discussion best left as a surprise. Although there may not be any written down proof that you can find or no word to be said about a specific action, when it came to promotions I'm on your side with this and I've agreed multiple times with you. I really hope that made since in the slightest

Now finally, the "traditions" portion. There's one thing I never understand about HC which you talked about here. I agree with the "never having a full HC structure when you are easily one of the most active, full, and competent battalions with dozens of people putting in Commander Caliber hours and work, is an issue" 10000000%. What is the point of keeping empty chairs when in reality you can fill those chairs with competent people that can genuinely help. It's like the situation with XO, as of recently that promotion came at the end of Cody's term to signify that that's the next Cody which is absolutely retarded. Yeah sure, they likely have a bigger chance of going for Cody; however, doesn't mean they're the most capable. I've always believed and said that You (in a hc position within a squad or battalion) should build the people below you up stronger than what their role is in need of so that when they go into it they are more than prepared and expect more of themselves. At that point they can start working on their own and getting into their own groove because they know what's expected of them rather than them getting thrown into that rank and being told what to do 24/7 because they're not used to it or they don't know their responsibility or both.

To finish this all up I want to say that as poor as the last month went in between us Shockpoint in regards to disagreements, the majority of the points you made in this we've talk about before and I think I was lazy and instead of doing it immediately by myself I thought I had to be on at the same time as mason just to talk to him about it without getting the work done. That obviously I wont let happen as my term as Cody. Any single bit of change that needs to be done I hope to build myself as well as my HC to get it done fast and effectively. Again, thank you for the different things to talk about and sorry that the application was baron I was under the impression that I had to do the majority over the forums or doing my interview. Love you man! 

• Informative 2
  • Friendly 1

+1 As long as you are open to change and can maintain what you have been doing the last couple of weeks. The effect of an active, engaged, and in-game high command is a huge boost to the battalion and it has been great having you back full time.

• Friendly 1

Former:

Jedi Youngling

Honestly, I'm a bit on the fence with this application. I'm sure you could be a half decent Cody for 212th but outside of it, I've been having a trouble seeing you. I've been trying to work on getting 501st and 212th set up to host tank trainings, but trying to communicate with you is a nightmare. I messaged you and I get nothing but radio silence, whether you saw it and didn't respond, or you didn't even read it, there's more then being a BCMD besides just your battalion. Whether that's from your own fault or other members of 212th high command, I expect that as a leader you'd get everyone working effectively. While also responding to someone trying to give your battalion a new training that could bump activity and your contribution to the server.

Edited by Deku

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

19 minutes ago, Deku said:

Honestly, I'm a bit on the fence with this application. I'm sure you could be a half decent Cody for 212th but outside of it, I've been having a trouble seeing you. I've been trying to work on getting 501st and 212th set up to host tank trainings, but trying to communicate with you is a nightmare. I messaged you and I get nothing but radio silence, whether you saw it and didn't respond, or you didn't even read it, there's more then being a BCMD besides just your battalion. Whether that's from your own fault or other members of 212th high command, I expect that as a leader you'd get everyone working effectively. While also responding to someone trying to give your battalion a new training that could bump activity and your contribution to the server.

First regarding the joint trainings. I was told that you’ve been trying to do them (when I’m not on) ans the 212th were seemingly hesitant which I’m not ok with at all. I believe when any joint training arrives that we take th opportunity to work together and learn how each other work. I’ve since then said that same thing in ts ans will be making an announcement later today about it.

As far as messaging me goes, I’m terribly sorry about not responding to it. I typed it out and thought I sent it but I did not. Eclipse however did pm me ans I responded back to that regarding the trainings. I really don’t think it’s that difficult to get a hold of me, when I see a discord notification I look at it the second I receive it or notice it pretty much and when it comes to ts sometimes I don’t hear when people poke or message me because I’m completely not focusing on it at times which is my fault and sorry if you’ve suffered because of that. 

Finally, the support branch work was started the day I told you about it and from then it’s almost all complete. It takes time to make a regiment/reshape it and I appreciate your patience. If it helps you can get 501st trained up and getting it rolling then 212th will pick up soon after. I did warn you that it would take a bit considering I have to completely change it up and I’m the only one working on it at the moment.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience or miscommunication along the way.

31 minutes ago, Leche said:

First regarding the joint trainings. I was told that you’ve been trying to do them (when I’m not on) ans the 212th were seemingly hesitant which I’m not ok with at all. I believe when any joint training arrives that we take th opportunity to work together and learn how each other work. I’ve since then said that same thing in ts ans will be making an announcement later today about it.

As far as messaging me goes, I’m terribly sorry about not responding to it. I typed it out and thought I sent it but I did not. Eclipse however did pm me ans I responded back to that regarding the trainings. I really don’t think it’s that difficult to get a hold of me, when I see a discord notification I look at it the second I receive it or notice it pretty much and when it comes to ts sometimes I don’t hear when people poke or message me because I’m completely not focusing on it at times which is my fault and sorry if you’ve suffered because of that. 

Finally, the support branch work was started the day I told you about it and from then it’s almost all complete. It takes time to make a regiment/reshape it and I appreciate your patience. If it helps you can get 501st trained up and getting it rolling then 212th will pick up soon after. I did warn you that it would take a bit considering I have to completely change it up and I’m the only one working on it at the moment.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience or miscommunication along the way.

I see, well I'm not quite sure what joint training you are referencing or who has been telling you that, the only training I was referring to was the tank trainings. I can say that I haven't tried to do any joint trainings at all with 212th or any other battalion for that matter so I would appreciate it if this was brought to me instead of accusing me of doing something I didn't do on a public application. I don't do joint trainings, and I've never asked 212th to do any during my time as Wolffe or on the server as a whole. As for the tank trainings I understand branch work is hard and time consuming, I would just appreciate a heads up on what was going on rather then this being the first time besides our meeting and Eclipse's message that I've heard any news. Best of luck on your application.

Edited by Deku
  • Confused 2

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

5 minutes ago, Deku said:

I see, well I'm not quite sure what joint training you are referencing or who has been telling you that, the only training I was referring to was the tank trainings. I can say that I haven't tried to do any joint trainings at all with 212th or any other battalion for that matter so I would appreciate it if this was brought to me instead of accusing me of doing something I didn't do on a public application. I don't do joint trainings, and I've never asked 212th to do any during my time as Wolffe or on the server as a whole. As for the tank trainings I understand branch work is hard and time consuming, I would just appreciate a heads up on what was going on rather then this being the first time besides our meeting and Eclipse's message that I've heard any news. Best of luck on your application.

By no means was I calling you out on anything, I was calling my own battalion out. By you I meant 104th not just you specifically. This was more of a problem with other battalions that tried to do joint trainings with 212th but they declined for next to no reason. I don’t believe anywhere in what I said was disrespectful towards you or anyone other than the 212th so I’m not too sure how that could have been bad to say on this forum. Again sorry for any miscommunication or misunderstanding and thank you for putting this on here so I can clear things up a bit 

16 minutes ago, Leche said:

By no means was I calling you out on anything, I was calling my own battalion out. By you I meant 104th not just you specifically. This was more of a problem with other battalions that tried to do joint trainings with 212th but they declined for next to no reason. I don’t believe anywhere in what I said was disrespectful towards you or anyone other than the 212th so I’m not too sure how that could have been bad to say on this forum. Again sorry for any miscommunication or misunderstanding and thank you for putting this on here so I can clear things up a bit 

Oh! I see then, miscommunication on my part, all good I just misread it then I believe

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

+1 Leche es un buen hombre y espero que haga el bien en el batallón.

Leche has been around in the 212th for quite awhile. He's a really chill guy as well. I'm all for giving chances. Though Leche, the points Shockpoint and Deku (specifically the communication bit) need to be addressed - whether you get Cody or not. Trust me, XO runs the show too. It'll even help to be working on these points before getting Cody to improve relations/opinion on you getting Cody.

People will not only have high expectations of you as a BCMD/XO, but higher expectations from a 212th XO / Cody. They're gonna expect magic, you best be a magician. Just don't overwork yourself and IRL first, as Cody can become a 'job' real quick, real easily.

Do what you can and best of luck.

• Friendly 1

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

+1

• Friendly 1

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

+1, I've never seen people complain about so many non-issues. 

You're a fantastic leader and there's little to no criticism I can really think of. The battalions going in a good direction, I'm confident you can help finish the path myself and mason set up.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management