Gears' Yoda Re-Application

Gears

(Waived by Directors due to previously being denied for Palpatine)

Steam Name

Synr.gg | XGears

RP Name

Grand Master Of The Order Yoda

Steam ID

STEAM_0:1:60934809

How many terms have you held the position?

How do you feel your previous term went?

From what I set out what i wanted to do in my interview i believe i achieved the majority of what i wanted, as you will see in this app. Being the head of the order comes with its criticisms and opposers but I have done what I can to prove them what I can do. As for my term as a whole, there's no sugar coating it but in some areas it was shaky. of course it would be, this is my first big leadership position and there were gonna be slip ups, but throughout my 3 months as Yoda I have shaped myself and the order for the better and put the order in my best interests and for the server. There's still work to do and there's still glaring issues that I have direct plans for, see further in the re-app.

But overall, I stand firmly believe with the changes made the actions I have took with the order in mind I have improved many aspects that needed clear change, so i feel I did what i could in these 3 months.

Why do you wish to remain a Grand Master of the Order?

I still remain passionate about this order and I strongly believe that i'm not done yet, The recent line of yodas has been 1 terms and hasn't been long enough to establish a trend for the order and it has been a big momentum breaker, we have had too many transitional periods in the order with Leaders shifting ideas every term. We currently need a Yoda that can continue what they are doing and finish what they started, instead of abandoning it and leaving it for the other masters to pick up. I am that person, I am completely focused on making what's best for the order and what's right for the order. I still want to bring my A Game here and that is what I plan for it.

Current availability

Well, work has picked up with the pandemic easing in my country so this is what i'm currently

doing, however it can change week by week as I do not have a set work schedule.

Mon-Sun - 2PM-8PM EST

What are some of your achievements in the order during your past term?

Disciplinary

The system we previously had I stated was arbitrary and biased. What i've changed as i've made strict and set guidelines for rule breaking and has the appropriate actions for each rule broken. When a Jedi breaks a rule the Masters now have a set plan and the proper actions to take instead of there being long winded discussion and half assed decisions. Our Guidelines are public and everyone knows the consequences, I believe the system is in a much better place and will hopefully not need changed alot for the months to come.

Evaluation

This has been a big one for my whole term. In the previous Yoda terms there was little to none evaluation, for my term I have done Weekly to Bi-Weekly Evals of my Masters with my high command to see if there role and job as master was being maintained, this has led to ultimatums, removals and demotions. For too long some masters have tried to tread the line and going forward we have dealt with these individuals and made sure they are in full understatement that slacking won't be tolerated, Of Course this got far more aggressive that i wanted it to be, but it was a necessity for the future of the order, so next I will talk about the process that will lead to the wipe.

The Wipe

The steps leading to this wipe have been a few, this wipe was the last option I wanted to take, so i'll explain what took for it to happen.

The order has a whole was starting to deteriorate as there was a disconnect with branches and battalions, In meetings my council would vote yes to anything that came to them and there wasn't much discussion either, people weren't focused on the order when they should, so our first step was a council of 13, This put a Message out to my masters that you have to work for your vote, previous it was a guarantee but now they had to prove that they deserved one. This worked initially, there were objections but it gave clear indication who wasn't willing to work for it, Votes were more split, there were more discussions and it looked as if we were going on the right track. However, this change came with a side effect, branches suffered, people were too focused on Battalion work to get a vote there was abandonment of their roles in branches. I will touch on this later.

Further evaluation came to its first breaking point and we had our first serious decision on each master, either you were staying or you were gone. This led to multiple people being removed and set out a clear statement that we would not tolerate slacking in the order.

With the people removed we focused more on setting a standard forward that Masters should be balancing between branches and battalions, however as time progressed once again Branches deteriorated and there wasn't much intervention from the branch leadership after warning to do so, It was clear that some did not take the warning we gave with the removals and it was getting more and more clear what we had to do. The disclaimer here is we discussed multiple options, Branch Leadership Wipe, Removals, Demotions ETC, But if we kept doing that it would only give temporary solutions to the bigger picture. That bigger picture? The council needs a wake up call. High Command of Jedi was pushing for this big time and I knew the backlash this would get would be large, so when it came to the moment I was going to do it, certain HC backed out. I came to the conclusion that we go back and forth on decisions and it's time I would put the hammer down. I wiped the council, setting forward that I would tolerate crap like this again, to those who did good enough to be master? Look at the ones who slacked, they lost it for you and vice versa. When I did this I suspended Council of 13 as it caused a Placebo effect and set forward that Branches will be respected and what we saw was Masters/Former Masters finally woke up and worked on their branches.

When I did this, I wanted to stand alone and endure the criticisms it would cause, It got hard but I pulled through because I was willing to put anything on the line to make this order great, so there's your full reason for the wipe.

Role Bonuses

With the Server as a whole reevaluating the role bonuses and putting them through for the clones, we felt the Jedi was left out. Therefore we created a set list of roll bonuses for Masters and Branches that anyone could benefit on. This is now in place and we are still working upon it, specifically guardian role bonuses, as they got the short end of the stick.

Knight Watch System

The Knight Watch system when my term started was public and I wanted to work more on that and do a public feedback system, however as time went on it was clear when people were told they were on Knight Watch, they acted differently and suddenly doubled their work. As Well as this, previous when people knew they were on Knightwatch, doubled there work and got master, they eventually got blown out and left or they were not up to there previous standards.

So going forward we made Knight Watch private, so we can focus on what they are doing without something interfering upon it.

Increasing Branch Uniqueness

This is something still being acted upon coming to the end of my term, but we have removed branch crossing so that branches get their own trees again and gives more reason for people to join their branch, lastly i've been working with Branch Leads to get their branches going after it being weakened and up to get numbers up, however some branches already do that and don't need such intervention.

What improvements or changes do you plan on making within the Jedi order?

Rank Structure 

Our current system when it comes to deciding to promote someone is based on favoritism and bias, currently it can be geared towards trial spammers and the top way to get a promotion is being a manager. I want to move away from that, we have people doing RP, Battalion work and giving a positive impact to the order and I feel they do not get rewarded enough.

We need to create more opportunities for every aspect of the order and to do that we need to implement more enterinaments, training and trials that encourage people to do work within the Order, we need to have set requirements for each rank promotion, so it defines what makes a Knight Initiate and what makes a Knight of X. This will be done through a Merit and Recommendation system so that the people doing work in all aspects are noticed and are given the promotion they deserve.

Master Structure

Currently the purpose of High Jedi General and Master/General have been mostly defined with High Jedi General being involved in HC and Eval of Masters and Master/General being the entry point and currently Senior Jedi General serves little to no purpose other than a pat in the back. It's time we have set privileges for each rank, Similar to someone who is a Junior Officer or Senior officer. That way Masters actually have more to work for and have the motivation to make this order better.

Branch Uniqueness

Although i've previously made steps towards making branches serve purpose and have reason to join with making branch crossing outlawed and role bonuses. But i'd like to focus on the branches building bridges , this involves creating a large tournament that encourages people to work in their branch and compete against each other and also create entertainment and training exclusive to the branches and touch on what their purpose is. We need to bring back having pride being in a branch and hopefully overall reduce the downtime on this server.

Continued Evaluation

Even with the Wipe and many other changes we can not stop at that, We need to make sure that standards are still upheld and that we are making sure each masters serves a purpose, we can not and WILL NOT get in this situation again and i will make sure we do not, cause doing the wipe was not something i wanted to do and i will be making steps forward to preventing it happening again.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?

Yes

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

+1, best candidate right now. I like your leadership style, the work you've done, & how you aren't afraid to make strong moves.

the stuff about the wipe is stupid because everyone complained about you having an inadequate council, you then addressed it but people were angry you wiped it. There was genuinely no winning in that situation and if people hold it against you they're slow.

best man, best yoda

• Funny 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Now, I’m not not impressed with how the order has turned out, I get that there needs to be changes to adapt with the future of the server.

I was a Jedi most of my time on the server so let me speak from experience, it’s not an easy thing to just willy nilly change things and get a whole council to agree with you on things, you have done just that.

I do however not agree with the image you have put into people’s heads about how the High Council operates, the Jedi Order is not a battalion, there is no Junior Officer Corp, there is no Officer Corp, there is the Padawan, the Knight, and the Masters. I’ve heard many stories of members of the high council to be afraid to put something up as it was against the status quo, you were all defined as “Yes Men” by multiple people and I’ll even go as far to say it too.

You've brought drastic change to the Jedi Order, I appreciate how you’ve looked into helping the branches and how you are able to just wipe the council/remove masters but there are people who are ready to take on the role of the green goblin that aren’t you.

Edited by Bbstine

Wiping and reinstating is not good imo, if you wipe the stuff make them work for it again.

the yes men has been an issue for a long time, and I don’t foresee it sticking the way it is now, it will revert back how will you fix this or make it so it doesn’t go bad again? 

and what bbstine said.

no vote yet

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

1 minute ago, Bbstine said:

there is no Junior Officer Corp, there is no Officer Corp, there is the Padawan, the Knight, and the Masters.

That I agree with, the reason i gave that example was due to the fact that certain ranks within the High Council serve little purpose and we need justify a reason to get it by adding responsibilities and be a big example to lower ranking individuals, i only said Senior Officers and Junior officers because in battalions theres a split, i dont want there to be as big of a split but i used that example to show that we need give something to these higher ranking people

3 minutes ago, Bbstine said:

you were all defined as “Yes Men” by multiple people and I’ll even go as far to say it too.

I had that thrown around and it was on top my list to push more discussion and get a more respresented vote for the order as a whole, which was one of the reasons wgt the Council of 13 was made, upon it being implemented there alot more discussion, alot more being turned down and it was less of a +1 Party, During my time of that and still now I make sure that people know what they voting on and to get the 2 sides of the suggestion, ive absolutely dispise that opinion of yes men and thats why I still actively work to make sure it isnt a thing. We dont have the council of 13 active right now (with no real intention of bringing it back) because we are smaller and id like to think theres a more spread of opinions, theres still always room for approvement but i hope you understand where im coming from.

• Winner 1

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

2 minutes ago, Craigary said:

Wiping and reinstating is not good imo, if you wipe the stuff make them work for it again.

Partially what happened, We did reinstate people yes and it was initially for the people who truely were deserving of the rank of master, upon the wipe we saw people drop out and we saw people who clearly were not fit for the role. When people were reinstated, the majority were demoted or lost a leadership position. We wanted to give them the experience of being a knight again and understand what it acutally means to be master. there are still people working within the High council who still have weakened power and they have been given the Msg that they can work to get it again, but most masters needed a step down to understand the importance of being one.

• Winner 1

9 minutes ago, Craigary said:

the yes men has been an issue for a long time, and I don’t foresee it sticking the way it is now, it will revert back how will you fix this or make it so it doesn’t go bad again? 

I am actively making sure that suggestions put up are actually fit for the meeting, previously there has been vague suggestions that pass cause of the "yes men" mentality and nothing comes of them. Usually when i see suggestions put up that are vague or dont make sense I will speak up about it, I like the devil's Advocate out of some of my masters, who help give the 2 sides. For the Vague ones i usually void off, ask them to come back with a fully fleshed out suggestion, so it doesnt just pass and nothing happens. Ive tabled suggestions multiple times due to lack of infomation and not enough discussion.

If i see it come back, I will make the same actions I did. Straight out saying "You have not discussed enough about this" or "this suggestion does not benefit the order at all". I want the order in my best interests and I dont want a bunch of +1ers not understanding the larger picture and I will act upon it.

• Winner 1

All I hear these days is that the Jedi Council is just incompetent and lazy. The wipe did absolutely nothing for you because many of the masters were reinstated in an instant.

The roll bonuses could have been proposed by any master that sat on the council and it's so minuscule that I'm surprised you included it as an achievement.

The branch tree restrictions literally killed the entire point of the Jedi Update, which was to have ultimate customization on your Jedi character. People are expected to do things one way now and that's disappointing. Even with this implemented, branches are dead and have still been dead for weeks and months on end. You also had a bunch of useless sub-branches that are still not being looked at and even defended despite the fact that people express to you that they are useless.

You have done very little to incentivize Jedi getting on their jobs and many times you will see the Jedi section almost completely barren in the tab menu. Sure most of your work is done behind the scenes, but you have absolutely no one in your place to handle this particular issue -- or you appointed someone to do so and they did sweet F.A. with that position.

• Agree 8
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

Forum Admin

I love you Gears but i do gotta -1 this. I agree with everything Ratio said. Nothing actually was improved from the council wipe and there are still alot of issues with branches and council

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Hopefully this answers any upcoming questions for some people along with my opinion. Gears has done a good job with the cards he was dealt. 

Council Wipe - Now this could have been done better however with the choice made, it show who wanted to stay and who didn't deserve to stay. Those who wanted to bring change stayed and got their Master back, Now I do agree it was too earlier but that's neither here nor there. 

State of the Order - Currently We have two Branches that are struggling/recovering and two that are doing well. There are steps to making the others better but there will never be an equality of all branches doing very good. That's how things are. If there are any issues that are never brought up besides in small talk and never brought to the right people then how can we ever address it? If you have an actually concern then bring it up. Stop blaming others for things they have no idea about.

The "Yes Man" Problem - Its is more or less resolved. In the current council we have enough voices that are opinionated and strong criticism to filter out otherwise seemed "dumb".

My Opinion for Gears as Yoda - I now have served under two Yoda's. So I haven't been here long as a Master. However, Gears has been doing good with the issues that he has had to deal with. The Council of 13 as a good idea however I still think more power to the Military is dumb. The Wipe as a whole can be seen pointless, however it made its point to remove those who wanted the power, not the responsibility. Gears has been making strives to making the council think. WILD CONCEPT I KNOW! I also know about other candidates that want to run and i believe there are some better and worst.

Overall I will be giving a +1 due to one, From what I have seen you are making improvements and dealing with the backlash of your choices well. Two at the end of the day, the Order is in a good state from what I have seen. If there are issues, bring them up.

I did things for the server. idk what you want from me.

Look guys say what you will about Gears, but so far he is single handedly  the most dedicated and determined person in the order. Yes there were hiccups during his term but dont all BCMD's, Yodas or most of any Commander Person has a hiccup in his term. Sometimes you cant just fix a order in that given time but he has very positive and optimistic plans for the order which a lot of people can benefit, It will take time of course just like it will take time to repair the council but Gears can do it, I know he can do it. Of course anyone opinion to this I respect but I think Gears should be given his second term to finish what he started and really fix the order with the time he will get with his second term.

Good Luck +1

• Funny 1

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

+1, he got a lot of shit for whats been going on. But gears has been a very active and as far as i can see, hard working member of the order.  I don't like how he tried to go to palpatine right after he died a whip-nae-nae on the master+ section, but the order has done a good job since then. Wether thats him doing the work, or other people covering i can't tell at my level, but it reflects well on him.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Jedi order hasn't been doing well under your leadership 

former: cadet,private,private first class, specialist,Sergeant,Staff Sergeant,Sergeant First Class,Master Sergeant,First Sergeant,Sergeant Major,Command Sergeant Major,Warrant Officer, Sergeant Major of the battalion, 2nd Lieutenant,Lieutenant,Captain,Major,Lieutenant Colonel,Colonel,Commander,Executive Officer,Battalion Commander,Regimental Commander,Marshal Commander,501st,212th,DU,21st,CG,RANCOR,104th,SOBDE,Jedi,Naval,41st,Event Job,Gamehelper,Gamemaster,Gamemaster Officer, Gamemaster Manager, Gamemaster Director, New Admin, Admin, Senior Admin, Veteran Admin,Head Admin, Director,Managment, Founder, Retired Founder, forum mod, forum admin,forum dev,Yoda,Mace WIndu

current: Versock

7 minutes ago, Ratio said:

The wipe did absolutely nothing for you because many of the masters were reinstated in an instant.

You can refer to my previous comments,

7 minutes ago, Ratio said:

The branch tree restrictions literally killed the entire point of the Jedi Update, which was to have ultimate customization on your Jedi character.

By allowing Cross branching we completely stripped any perks someone has when joining. Whats the point of someone joining one branch when they can go down the same paths, Theres no insentive to go to another branch, other than Temple Guard which we restricted for their benefit.

To say that was the point of the update was ultimate customization is false, I was there for the full process of the update and when it was made we worked with Zim and The work done on the Trees specifically was to create those trees for THOSE branches and those alone and that was how it was directed by Zim and Jedi HC. The Reason we allowed cross branches? Cause "it was hard to enforce it", which i found absolute bullshit, for the time we had cross branches the insentive was gone for branches and the masters CBA to enforce it. My Council had the consensus to finally enforce it. Some words I heard from Knight/Padawans that theres no reason to go to Branch A when Branch B allows it.

17 minutes ago, Ratio said:

branches are dead and have still been dead for weeks and months on end.

I have been working with my leads and pushing them to get some Lower Leadership doing their job, I have been sitting in on meetings of the branches and giving my input on it and actually istening to these knights/padawans what they want for their branch and giving advise on how to get people in their branch and going on. What I stated in my app is what im working on doing after listening to these people and actually showing them that they arnt being brushed aside.

Ever since the wipe there was a change in the peoples leadership and a wake up call and I have been involved closely with these leads and making sure they are doing their duty and what they said when they applied for such position

39 minutes ago, Ratio said:

You also had a bunch of useless sub-branches that are still not being looked at and even defended despite the fact that people express to you that they are useless.

On the case of "useless sub-branches", there has been multiple times Ive been approached to add sub-units, *cough* dark sentinel *cough* and I have shut them down quickly, I have told those people that they to work on their own branches that were suffering at the time. 

Ok.. "defended" is false, Cause i know the EXACT suggestion your mentioning here and to say it simple, i was NOT against it, I literally backed up the person who wanted to merge to sub-units which would result in there being one removed but the suggestioning literally devolved into deciding how the pronounce the word tomato. It came to the decision of what name it should be, so there was already an agreement of 1 being removed. 

I worked with the lead of that branch for a couple weeks now on solutions and this is what we agreed with and yesterday when the council was mostly against the the wording of a sub-unit, I encouraged him to think of another method.

46 minutes ago, Ratio said:

You have done very little to incentivize Jedi getting on their jobs and many times you will see the Jedi section almost completely barren in the tab menu.

The Activity here of my Jedi is not just a Jedi issue, its a server issue, Server population has dropped so much and the downtime of the server is so large that you are seeing people hesitate to connect and people leave due to the state of the server.

I for one, am not going to use this as a clutch to rest on. Im going to make a change out of it, As you see in my app I have presented ideas on how we can reduce this down and get branches get along with eachother, this can not happen in a day and ive already been working on getting that happening. 

49 minutes ago, Ratio said:

Sure most of your work is done behind the scenes, but you have absolutely no one in your place to handle this particular issue -- or you appointed someone to do so and they did sweet F.A. with that position.

and my last response,  if you look at my previous responses to your post, I have been getting involved with these people and making sure they are doing  their job, for the ones slacking, they have been removed, that came along before and during the wipe and council decides on thoe appointments and they are interviewed on them. Actions speak louder than words, but it cannot be seen untill we see it in action.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, XGears said:

Partially what happened, We did reinstate people yes and it was initially for the people who truely were deserving of the rank of master, upon the wipe we saw people drop out and we saw people who clearly were not fit for the role. When people were reinstated, the majority were demoted or lost a leadership position. We wanted to give them the experience of being a knight again and understand what it acutally means to be master. there are still people working within the High council who still have weakened power and they have been given the Msg that they can work to get it again, but most masters needed a step down to understand the importance of being one.

+1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1

• Funny 1

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

So a few questions for you and they might possibly answer them for a few others as well. 
1. How do you plan to foster leadership within the jedi order?

2. How do you plan on changing the opinion of players about jedi ranks? Such as if i see anything below a Jedi General they kinda mean fuck all but thats me.

3. What is your plan on fixing sub branches being basically useless, as a long time shadow i find it of zero use to play jedi right now, as the current forms / options i have are quite limited. Such as bringing back cross branching, etc... as ratio stated it was meant to bring full customization to your jedi, i don't see the point in 30 default sages running around, all jedi were different and did better in different things why not bring that back?

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1 You been doing a great job as Yoda, But I want to a lot more changes if you get it again 

Current:  Retried

Past: 2Del, x10Boomer, x3Anakin , x2Eeth Koth, Lumi, Quinlan, Adi, x2Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, 501st CMD, 91st CMD, Kano, Hawk, 2xAppo

12 hours ago, Dennis said:

1. How do you plan to foster leadership within the jedi order?

In my opinion the best method is to set an example to the people below you, If you show them the way, they will follow. I want to give an example for this, if I was to be accepted to continue my time as Yoda i want to focus on the downtime of the server, with branches and crossing them with Battalions. The only way I can achieve this is by spearheading it. If my Masters see me hosting these entertainments for our branches and bringing along Battalions (while also having standalone missions) and I give them this statement that this is how we need to move forward, we are going to see them take that initiative and do it. Secondly im not going to wait and see if they are going to do, im going to mentor my masters, who are branch leads, lead a battalion to make specialised trainings with them. 

So, overall with these ideas i place out to them they will be more encouraged to do these things and in result will work down the hierarchy and help them lead their own branches and battalions, I want to set that example and I want to advocate this change to them and work with them closely. They are not going to respect me if im just going to command them and not do the same, If i expect something from them they should expect it from me and thats how im going set an example for the leadership of their own while also listening to their concerns and being advisory to their issues.

13 hours ago, Dennis said:

2. How do you plan on changing the opinion of players about jedi ranks? Such as if i see anything below a Jedi General they kinda mean fuck all but thats me.

Ive set out that the ranks we current have lack any real structure and there feels no real sense of achievement from getting KI - KoS (with KoX only really being an achievement as its voted on) and I echo your opinion that mean almost fuck all. Ive stated that our current method is too geared towards doing 50 Trials and is biased as theres no real restriction to how we can promote (apart from cooldown but even thats used loosely). Since theres no real skill to getting them theres no motivation to try. I want their to be set way to achieve these ranks without it deviating away from its purpose, this can be achieved through a merit system me and others are proposing, that scales up higher the structure you go. The way you would achieve these is by investing your time more on Jedi through Events, attending specialised trials, participating in trainings and mentoring padawans. So basically moving away from the trial overload for ranks we have, however trials can achieve merits from your Leads they wont be heavy enough that its the most dominant method, I want to focus more on the active work within the Order. Should also mention Padawans will be put in this system aswell and their will be trials focused towards them to learn the "way of the jedi".

Achieving this will hopefully put more value to being a high rank and have that sense of achievement rather than someone say "hey that guy spammed alot of trials"

For the Master ranks ive already said that i want to change how they are percieved and you can see in my previous comments about it, but long story short to that is I want Senior Jedi General to not mean fuck all.

13 hours ago, Dennis said:

3. What is your plan on fixing sub branches being basically useless, as a long time shadow i find it of zero use to play jedi right now, as the current forms / options i have are quite limited. Such as bringing back cross branching, etc... as ratio stated it was meant to bring full customization to your jedi, i don't see the point in 30 default sages running around, all jedi were different and did better in different things why not bring that back?

So to start with Sub-Branches, My first goal with this is to establish which ones are needed and which ones arnt. Once we do that we can start focusing on what purpose our branches serve and how they would interact with the server, with that we can create custom scenarios exclusive to these branches and tailor an experience for them, as ive said previously about Entertainments/Trainings, This would increase interest for these branches and people will be inclined to take part as some people dont want to miss out. An example of the past that hits home to what I want to see, Is I once saw the Shadow branch flourishing while I was Sentinel Manager Lead, They felt like group people would want to be part and they worked together well. So if I was to give them these special treatments in encounters etc we could see it back to its former glory. Lastly i want to give Branches as a whole priority when it comes to scenarios they should be fit for, EOD, Sith hunting, Artifact retrieval, the list goes on. I want to push that forward when getting people to design these things for Branches and I want them to leak out into normal encounters and normal events and just make the Order feel fluid overall.

When we reverted cross-branching it was mainly due to us helping bring more interests to branches as the general consensus was it killed any reason to join a branch. On top of that there was alot of abuse in it, we had people going down sage trees when not sage and trying to bend the to their own benefit. This caused alot of issues for us and theres no way to tell if they were abusing it or not, the sage tree was one example (its still locked behind sage even with cross branching) and when we put cross branching back in, it was easier for us to know who was going into what tree and able to prevent people abusing the system, so that was the general reason. HOWEVER there is obviously 2 sides to this and people do enjoy being able to pick the tree they want as it gave alot of freedom and i will say this, I am completely fine with us changing it back. We masters serve the Jedi Order as the whole and its our job to bring the best experience for all Jedi to the server, so if the outcry and public opinion leans towards allowing it back, I wont stop the will of the people,

Hope you got the answers you wanted, cheers for the questions @Dennis

I've known gears a long time in 212th, and I've seen the dedication he puts into what he cares about.

Everyone has issues when they're in the hotseat, but from what I know of Gears, and what I've seen in him in the 212th, I can say without a doubt he's the best person for the position. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more dedicated and hardworking than he is.

big +1 (just please don't run me over with the chair again!!)

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

Head Admin

-1, I've to agree with Ratio

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

So the wipe. I thought that was quiet the meme. Although it should’ve only consisted of SOME Masters, i understand why you wiped all to avoid bias. However. The after effects was an unfunny meme. It didn’t even seem like a wipe. All the Masters kept their tags in discord and in TS. Clear sign that this wasn’t serious.

Moving onto Cin Drallig being demoted from a HJG Position. That was completely pointless and i don’t even know why it happened. Of all of the other issues, it seemed like this should’ve been last on your plate. 

Branch Restrictions. Personally. I love this idea cause yes, cross branching is awesome, but it takes away from every branch. I was a guardian with consular abilities. Literal Tank that could heal itself. This to me was the only GOOD thing that came out of your term. 

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

4 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

All the Masters kept their tags in discord and in TS. Clear sign that this wasn’t serious.

We literally got a Director to go through all the Master Tags in TS and remove the ones needed, (Top 3 and Perma Masters Stayed) and Discord tags were removed in 5 Minutes, So i dont know where you got that from. I have already given my reasons and method for the wipe and explained why it was done, People thought it was one thing and people started assuming things.

4 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

Moving onto Cin Drallig being demoted from a HJG Position. That was completely pointless and i don’t even know why it happened. Of all of the other issues, it seemed like this should’ve been last on your plate. 

Cin Drallig over last 3 Yoda terms has been losing power as Branches became more independent, it eventually became a glorified branch lead which then turned into just TGL, The Position of Cin being HC became less of a need and more of place holder, It started to serve little to no purpose. Multiple people inside Council and outside saw this proposed the moving out of HC. Therefore the Council voted on it and it was put in place. 

However, If I am to get a 2nd Term and my ideas get put in place, there may be more purpose for Cin and then a reason for its HJG Designation, But at this current time of speaking it remains to be seen.

@Brooklyn

+1 Im gonna Give him this +1 because gears is the most dedicated person in the jedi order. He had alot of flaws in his first term. But that Doesnt matter thats Behind Him he will be 5x Better  if he gets another Term because he now has alot more expierience.

Foxtrot/Alpha-23 EOD Otter

Well I never thought I would see the day where I actually agree with ratio on something, I have been thinking this over and seeing what ratio put kinda made my decision go towards a -1. The whole council wipe, The restriction of jedi to the branch skill tree, The whole having a limit on who can be on the council, Bad Choices leading to the same outcome.

Gears, I think you have the passion to be a great master and do great things in the order but as a former yoda watching your term made me sad for the order and what it has become, I feel that you should not have another term I feel that you need to rekindle that passion you had when you were shaak, an I don't think being yoda for another two months will help with that. Sorry my man I had really high hopes for ya.

Cheers Mate GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

-1 I believe a lot of the replies sum it up.  I believe the order requires a change in leadership.

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

I’m really torn you made good choices but also ones that haven’t worked out to the communities liking so 

+1 May the best interview win 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1 
Really really great guy and i think the first term went as good as it could of. Yes the Jedi order has problems, but i feel that no matter what it is, jedi, battalions etc etc, everything will always improve but problems will always rise but i feel that you dealt and will continue to deal with these problems great. 
I think you were great in the role to begin with and feel as if you will continue to be a great yoda. Good luck my friend. 

and as Dennis said, may the best interview win. 

Discord: Mason#2710

Forum Admin

+1
Good luck bro

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• 2 weeks later...