Kurt

Application Waived by Directors

Steam Name: [SR] Kurt [VA]

RP Name: 21stSC ARCO Major Shadow-51 | Naval COE LTJG Molecule 

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:56438639

Regiment you are applying for: Mechanized Regiment

Experience:

Special Operations PVT-BCMD
When I first came on the server, I went to the first person I saw, besides the trainer, and thought the black armor and stealth/cloaking was a cool concept to play with. From being inside SO, I learned what it was like to work as a team and go behind enemy lines to flank the enemy. Under the leadership of XO Baron, he trained us to become not only the best trooper we can be, but to be a role model to others. I climbed the enlisted ranks with ease, as my activity for helping out the best I can to the battalion paid off as I became an ARC trooper for SO. As an ARC trooper, I worked more on being the role model trooper by helping out other superiors and new enlisted. I worked hard to complete training's and tryout's to help grow the family in SO. Baron later took over the position of BCMD and made us work on discipline and a strict/positive attitude full of no drama with no one. He wanted more of quality instead of quantity inside the battalion, but we knew that wasn't working. Our numbers began to drop as people weren't liking the new type of attitude inside the battalion. It caught the attention of high command and then gave Baron a choice, to be removed from BCMD, or to remove SO altogether. Baron took the path to keep SO alive and stepped down from the BCMD position. This is where I took the initiative to step up and fix SO.
Flash forward a bit, to where I got the position of BCMD Blackout on the new Endor base. With the new deployment to Endor we got our new models and I got my orders from High Command to keep SO afloat. Focus on numbers and activity. From there I took the challenge for getting numbers up, by creating trainer of the week, (which I know a lot of battalions have done), to help motivate troopers to take the initiative to recruit more people to the family. I still wanted to keep with the quality over quantity, however I still wanted people to have fun being in SO. With other Recon battalions, such as the 91st, Rancor and 41st, I tried to create joint training's. I worked with Recon Reg Wombat on creating the training's and they were going smoothly, however the challenge of people joining and leaving became a harder challenge than I thought. I tried to push tryouts as much as I could, talk to my officer corp about what needs to be done to help SO. However, at the beginning of my second term, the high command made a decision to join both GM and SO together and create the 21st Assault Battalion. 
At first I tried to convince them to let me finish my second term, but then looked at it from their view and went through with it. After the full merge I decided to take a break from the server and focus on other IRL things, getting married and such. 

212th Attack Battalion ENG 2ndLT Mole
My time in the 212th was short, but I still enjoyed every minute of it. Under the command of BCMD Cody (Bro) I helped primarily in the Engineer branch. Working along side ENGL Zen and help fix and repair the Generators on the Endor Base and the communication towers in the surrounding areas. 

21st Nova Corps 

I later returned to the boys in Black and joined back to help them and the 21st out. I focused on just becoming friends with the new boys and old guys and worked with the new Blackout on what needs to be done around 21st to make sure we didn't see the same fate as before. I completed my Shadow Company tryouts and became Shadow-51 and became part of the elite squad of SO subunit. 

Naval/Base Ops

My time in Base ops have just been focused in the Engineer branch. Wither it be helping with creating Engineering RP or help the Chief of Engineer with questions on how to improve the branch. At first, being on the Venator, I was able to help promote the seriousness of Engineering to stay afloat in space. After a long time of hard work and dedication, I raised to the rank of Engineering Officer as we moved to Endor. There I helped then COE Bro work on the new Engineer doc for the generators, and then with the opportunity given to me, became the COE of the new Endor Base. 
(BASE OPS WIPE)
During the wipe, Bro still granted me access to help work on the doc, to a certain time frame, and continue pushing out trainings. It wasn't until I came back to the server, now on Anaxes I pushed to make Base Ops and Engineering popular and something everyone is excited about. But again, that's a challenge in itself. Once I got to an appropriate rank, the new Yularan, Bro, gave me the task of creating the new AENG doc for Anaxes base, focusing primarily on the Shield Generator and Comms Array. Once completed and published, I was given the rank of COE and Naval Officer. This is where I currently am. I'm still working on new docs along side Engineer Overseer Bro and trying to create more activity within Naval/Base Ops. 

Staff

My staff experience started like everyone else, focus on training CC's and taking tickets. I came to enjoy training the new cadets who came on the server, even the mingy ones, who I knew was going to waste our time, but I was just happy to train. I did climb the rank of TRO and start to shadow the new TR's to train the new CC's. However I was removed due to inactivity, and I'll take that one, as this was around the time the Merge of SO and 21st was happening and I focused too much time keeping SO afloat. I did reach the rank of SA before leaving the server for a bit. 
When I returned to the staff team, I wanted to focus on making event and encounters for the server during the late night down time. I focused on little encounters to keep the boys alive and then transitioned them into small event to now doing deployment. I gained the attention of my higher ups and was given the GM of the week in my first week being a GM. I was later given the staff rank of VA which allowed me the power to help not only the HA's but the future of synergy itself. Recently I have acquired the title of GMO, and Staff of the Month for Jan 2020. 

Why should you become a Regimental Commander?:

I wish to become Mechanized Regimental Commander to primarily focus on the 41st and 104th relations with each-other. I want to bring life to both vehicle training and the use of them on the battlefield. With my experience with being COE I feel I can work better with both battalions and be able to reach out to the other battalions if they have any questions regarding the vehicles of the server. However I'm up for that challenge and other challenges that may come across. 

Do you understand the lore of your regiment?:

I do yes, however I am willing to learn more of the players playing the key characters and they work with each-other.

Availability:

24/7 on discord

I do understand that I am mostly on during the late night hours Primarily 11:30am-4:00am PST

However, I can make times when you want to talk to me or need me.

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:

SO BCMD Blackout x2 terms, 21st Commander Jet, ARCO, Shadow Company

Naval/Base OPS COEx2, Created the AENG doc for Anaxes base. 

Staff: VA, former TRO, Currently GMO

GM of the week x1, Staff of the week x1, Staff of the month (Jan 2020)

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your regiment to be at the end of your term?: 

At the end of my term, I want to see both 41st and 104th working together on joint trainings and have the initiative to create activity within each battalion. Making sure everyone at the end of the day is having fun playing the game with each other, hard I know right. 

How do you plan to improve relations within your regiment?: 

My plan at first is to talk to both BCMD's and share what issues they may have or suggestions we can take to work together. I want to know what both of the battalion want and need to become one. Bi-weekly to maybe weekly meetings to stay in touch with them and high command. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

I completely understand.

Do you understand that your position has a two month term limit and you must reapply after two months to maintain your regimental commander rank?:

I understand. 

• Friendly 1

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

You calling the 21st Nova Corp "21st Assault Battalion" has triggered me to no avail.

But you are a good nice guy who knows what he is doing. 

+1

• Friendly 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

at the end of the day, we dont need an immediate replacement for oliver. I would like to see some interaction with us sooner rather than obtaining this from an outsourced battalion (Not a MECH based batt) you will be moving from a battalion which is based Spec Ops.

From what I've also read, Most of your time is 21st/SO so the amount of time you have within lets say 41st, or 104th is worried, you have no experience within these fields so im curious as to how you will actually be of any benefit to us with our vehicle trainings etc. Knowning how to do the trainings is different to what goes behind the scenes into updating them etc.

I guess in terms of communication within battalions its not really needed to be focused on mainstream, especially with a lot of updates and changes happening. And constant changes and idea implementations within vehicle trainings etc, it would be good to actually have you experience our battalions before putting your name forward for a position you arent actively apart.

Another issue is you worked while BCMD with a RCMD and you still could not bring better communications between the battalions you targeted back then. Which makes me wonder how you actually plan to build better communications between battalions because I sure hope its not just from training's and deploying us together. Forcing us to communicate and work together is one way to do it, but you'll find not many will get on for joint training's as it happens all the time people say they will but they dont get on for it. And having 2 vehicle based battalions going on deployment will always be handicapped in a sense with rules regarding vehicles on event.

I also know from the 41st perspective in my opinion anyway, your end goal for us has been achieved. We only seek to have fun on Gmod, we expand and sometimes announce when we are playing a different game, most of the time people arent even playing gmod but just chilling with one another in the teamspeak just to chat.

Ontop of that, you should already have a sense of what the BCMDs/People running for it- want from you. Before applying its always nice to arrange a meeting before posting a RCMD application, or at the least message them before applying or as soon as you have posted it. Judging from  you plan to improve battalions you havent communicated with each battalion representative at the moment. Once again could just be the way it is written but take this into consideration, you want to improve relations with battalions and their communications but you have not even contacted the battalions to get an insight of what we want from you. (Once again, could be wrong but I have to go of the way the application is worded.)

And Im not sure what you mean by create activity in a battalion? Are you saying improve activity within a battalion? And keep battalions having fun. These are some things I would like you to elaberate on simply because I have experience with dead/unliked battalions, and improving them from nothing... literally, so it would be good to see what plans you have to improve us as battalion members the achieve this, because thats what it is, the battalion members not just the officers+.

If you can answer the questions scattered within this i may consider changing, but until then I have to -1 because there aint a neutral.

Edited by Dreams-
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

+1
Scrabbles you're a hell of a hard worker, always do whats right, and you're just an all around nice guy. Your work ethic and communication skills have shown that you will do Excellent in this position. 

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

MASSIVE +1

Even before he helped me with 212th's ENG,  I always enjoyed being around Kurt.   He's a very caring person and always sticks to it even in the roughest of times.    He never gave up on SO when before threat of removal even how depressing it got.   The same goes for Base Ops,  even after he got removed from COE due to Base Ops wipe.

I believe he could do good as a regimental.

• Friendly 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

@Dreams- I first want to thank you for your feedback.

To begin, I completely understand that I'm coming from an outside regiment, however I wanted to take that challenge of moving to another. I know I haven't been inside the 41st and 104th, however I willing to sit down and watch on how you work with each other inside your battalion. 
I will give a minor spoiler and say that as COE, I am working on a Vehicle repair doc to help you RP repair your vehicles instead of having a repair tool. I was going to talk with you guys to have your input on what I can add to the documentation. For being part of the GM program I am going to be doing event soon where you will have to repair your vehicles to be able to use them on the battlefield. 
During my term as Blackout under Recon Regimental Wombat, he tried to talk to all recon battalions and do what I'm trying to do. Create a bond between battalions and high command. However Wombat became unavailable from time to time, and I tried to contact the other battalions for training's, but to no avail. But I can see from your perspective that I could have done better, and I could. But I have learned from that experience on what I need to do to succeed. With that said, I don't want to force you guys to communicate between each other, but have a better relationship. 
In regards to my end goal, its great to hear that the 41st is already achieved it. I always support people being just friends both on and off the server. I can't force you guys what you play or choose how you guys hang out, but its awesome to know you are having fun.

Before making this app, I did talk to a 41st commander Tetra, regarding this app. I expect to have future meetings with him along side anyone else who has more questions for me throughout this campaign. As stated above, I don't want to force your guys to communicate but just over watch the relationship the two battalions share. 
Lastly to answer your questions, I call activity as training's, passive rp etc.... I would want to help find ways where we can do small encounters that focuses on the 41st and 104th strengths. Whether it being translating an alien language, or doing a vehicle patrols. I understand what its like being a part of a dying battalion, and was the unfortunate commander of one that got merge. But I look at that as a learning experience that I will move forward with. 
I hope I spread some light on this Dreams and thank you for your feedback. 

• Agree 1

• Management
Management

@Kurt Were you waived?

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Mister Kurt, one of my closest friends on the server. I've seen this man lead well in SO before it was merged with GM and continue to lead it well even in those times. Lead the Base Ops and Naval engineering branch with Bro, and ultimately is an extremely dedicated man to his role. He's hard times, and I'm sure his mistakes. I'm confident he will take good care of the Mechanized Regiment and make sure whatever isn't broke won't be fixed. And even if changes are made, I'm sure Kurt will be actively communicating with the BCMD's of the Mechanized Regiment, the Directors, The founders, and the rest of High Command to help keep this regiment thriving and respectable the way it is today. Overall, +1 mister gamer man SO Commander. 

Was a Fox I guess. Just an old Synergy vet.
Explore roman centurian GIFs

EXCUSE ME!

YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE SO. I'LL ONLY HAVE 1 CLOSE FRIEND IN THAT BATTALION NOW.

But For Real though. He May Not Be As "ACTIVE" As others. Hell I've only seen him during Downtimes and never during Primetime. But Maybe that's just me. HOWEVER. He is more than qualified to lead a REGIMENT. He's Lead Defects before. He's doing it right now with the engineering branch. SO A BIG +1 TO YOU SIR

Omega Three-Six "Darman"| "Blood for the Blood God!"

spacer.png

+1 bruh who gives a flying fuck where he come from, he is a mad lad who has been around for a while now, knows how to run a battalion / regiments and what not. “hE iSnT iN oNe Of ThE bAtTaLiOnS” is such a lame thing to -1 for. If he wants the challenge give it to him and if he flops he flops and if he does good then he proved you wrong.

All battalions function for the most part at the same level and similarity, while everyone has their own quirks and bits and whatnot he has a long experience running server wide trainings. Along with “mechanized” part you won’t be using them on main lmao. 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

-1 During your time as BCMD for SO, i joined for a bit and no offense but the battalion was not in a great place and your activity was always all over the place, samething for Base ops as one of the only people on often before the wipe, i never saw you on and i don't know if you'll do the same with Reg so for this reason alone ill have to -1 and also get some time with the battalions within.

Edited by Piff
  • Agree 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

First off i know i have been mia so i dont want to judge kurt on something that happened like almost year and a half ago lol but i have a question @Kurt

I was around when you were bcmd for SO just like piff said your activity was all over the place how is your activity now and how do you plan on not getting burnt out if you get the position? 

@SmallJeff I have a full list of basically things to do as COE. And adjust the severity of how important I need to get it done. I balance it with things I need to get done from being a VA. The joy of being on late night, is I have the ability to sort stuff out and work on it. 
The same would be with being Reg. Get a full idea of what needs to be done and prioritize on what’s important and what I can temporarily leave on the back burner. (Not saying I’ll forget it) 

-1 I am sorry for this -1 but I think Cloud is a better option. He is more qualified and has Recon experience which in turn helps with his mechanized experience. Overall I think he is the better pick

ICEFUSE: SHOCK XO/BCMD Thorn | 327th XO

SYNERGY: 41ST CMD/ARCL/GCL x3 | Former BCMD Gree

The Mechanized Regiment is new, it's fresh, and yet with the workloads of the 41st (BARC, AT-RT, Translation, etc) and the 104th (TX-130, Negotiations, etc) it almost seems like they were meant to work together.

I've waited to post a reply to this application as I've been unsure as to how much I want to weigh the fact that you are not coming from the regiment- but honestly, it doesn't bother me much. Leadership style is a much harder thing to pick up than negotiations or translations, and vehicles are just vehicles.

I feel like you'll do good in this position, from your time as a VA to your time as COE, you've proved to be more than capable. 

+1 Good Luck.

• Friendly 1

In my opinion, I have known Cloud ever since he joined the server, I was the person that trained him when he was a CC. I haven't known you quite as long kurt, but you are a good member of the 21st, I respect you and your leadership skills, and most importantly, I believe that everyone that has decent leadership abilities deserve a chance to try for a position worthy of their abilities.

+1

• Friendly 1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

15 hours ago, Kurt said:

@SmallJeff I have a full list of basically things to do as COE. And adjust the severity of how important I need to get it done. I balance it with things I need to get done from being a VA. The joy of being on late night, is I have the ability to sort stuff out and work on it. 
The same would be with being Reg. Get a full idea of what needs to be done and prioritize on what’s important and what I can temporarily leave on the back burner. (Not saying I’ll forget it) 

alright thanks ill give ya the +1 

• Friendly 1
On 2/8/2020 at 3:47 PM, Zensras said:
12 hours ago, Foxey said:

The Mechanized Regiment is new, it's fresh, and yet with the workloads of the 41st (BARC, AT-RT, Translation, etc) and the 104th (TX-130, Negotiations, etc) it almost seems like they were meant to work together.

I've waited to post a reply to this application as I've been unsure as to how much I want to weigh the fact that you are not coming from the regiment- but honestly, it doesn't bother me much. Leadership style is a much harder thing to pick up than negotiations or translations, and vehicles are just vehicles.

I feel like you'll do good in this position, from your time as a VA to your time as COE, you've proved to be more than capable. 

+1 Good Luck.

MASSIVE +1

Even before he helped me with 212th's ENG,  I always enjoyed being around Kurt.   He's a very caring person and always sticks to it even in the roughest of times.    He never gave up on SO when before threat of removal even how depressing it got.   The same goes for Base Ops,  even after he got removed from COE due to Base Ops wipe.

I believe he could do good as a regimental.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:05 PM, Dennis said:

+1 bruh who gives a flying fuck where he come from, he is a mad lad who has been around for a while now, knows how to run a battalion / regiments and what not. “hE iSnT iN oNe Of ThE bAtTaLiOnS” is such a lame thing to -1 for. If he wants the challenge give it to him and if he flops he flops and if he does good then he proved you wrong.

All battalions function for the most part at the same level and similarity, while everyone has their own quirks and bits and whatnot he has a long experience running server wide trainings. Along with “mechanized” part you won’t be using them on main lmao. 

Legit Easiest +1 of my life he is Genuine and CARE's about the server and everyone else. 

• Friendly 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

On 2/9/2020 at 3:20 PM, Inosuke said:

-1, i would like for our MECH REG to have at least some experience when it comes to being inside a mechanized battalion.

Is that why you +1 clouds even though he has no experience in the mech reg? Noice

+1

Imagine Putting Your Old Ranks And Roles In Your Bio

I Went from Mas Amedda and VA to Blacklisted from every single thing except CT and Jedi :)

13 minutes ago, McFisher said:

Is that why you +1 clouds even though he has no experience in the mech reg? Noice

+1

But he has experience with AT-RTs and being in a Recon battalion that is no in charge of AT-RTs and BARCs aka he is in the 41st

• Agree 1

ICEFUSE: SHOCK XO/BCMD Thorn | 327th XO

SYNERGY: 41ST CMD/ARCL/GCL x3 | Former BCMD Gree

Banned

-1 I feel like Cloud would do an excellent job as he is currently in the regiment and knows what needs to be fixed within.

Unfortunately, you have been DENIED for the position of Mechanized Regimental Commander

Simply put, the other applicant had a better understanding of the battalions in which the position would be leading over

You can apply for another commander application in 30 days

//moved to Commander Applications - DENIED

578441458865143808.gif?v=1

• Agree 1

52946061-6923-4AFC-AEBA-9E28ED2BA75D-5.g