[DIRECTORS] Make CT's non promotable

Name: Jefferson

Suggestion: Make it were CT's can't get promoted. I am suggesting this because there's no point of joining a battalion if you can get promoted in CT.  CT's shouldn't be a permanent battalion it should be temporary until you find a battalion.

Implementation: Make it were CT's can't get promoted and give all CT's who have a rank one week to transfer out or they get demoted to CT PVT.

Lore: None

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 2

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Temple Guard Manager/Cin
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster
1 hour ago, J.Jefferson said:

Implementation: Make it were CT's can't get promoted and give all CT's who have a rank one week to transfer out or they get demoted to CT PVT.

Y'all search for the stupidest things to get upset about, I dont believe I've interfered with any battalions, and this is clearly because you're upset that I have a rank as a CT.

If you really believe that I don't deserve to help the CTs then thats fine, and if this gets accepted then I will just go back to being a CT PVT, but by doing this I will also be deprived of helping with TR training, pursuing ARC, and all other skills required of higher ranks. Solely because my choice as a player is to come on a server and not join a battalion, kind of ridiculous that you're trying everything you can to limit the CTs. If you're so desperate for recruits that you cant bear the fact that 2 members of the server are higher than PVT in the CTs then you need to rethink how you run the battalion and how you conduct tryouts, as battalions who are respectful and nice typically have higher populations. (I dont believe that your battalion is struggling at all, and I dont believe my rank has impacted your numbers or other people new to the server seeking to join a battalion) 

If there  is a valid argument that I've made the server worse than feel free to criticize me, but by leading the CTs when there is an event is simply an effort to keep them organized and to further build a reputable CT force, as I believe it is my duty to be an example to new players, and provide them a leader to follow until they ultimately determine the battalion that they wish to join.

" I am suggesting this because there's no point of joining a battalion if you can get promoted in CT.

The only people who have been able to promote CTs are Generals, and at no point do I believe that I or any other ranked CT should have the right to promote troopers, as I agree they should be joining other battalions, but at the same time this argument is kind of dumb, as people who join battalions are seeking more experienced reliable and consistently active players, ultimately its all up to what the player wants, so there clearly is a point to joining battalions besides  for ranks (unless you think the only thing battalions are for, is for ranks?)... Anyways, I dont think that a player should be limited to their choices and be forced to join a battalion in order to hold a ranked position. And so far, the CTs have consistently been fresh players, who typically join a battalion almost right away, so what has been in place has not caused everyone to just sit around in CTs.

"CT's shouldn't be a permanent battalion it should be temporary until you find a battalion."

Once again I mostly agree with this, the CTs are mostly for inexperienced or new players who are seeking to join a more organized battalion, but that does not mean that the CTs are not allowed or shouldn't have leadership within them. I pride myself in being able to grab a group of random CTs during an event and have them run around and hang out with me as it creates fun bonds, and when they eventually join battalions I get to see them grow from the random CT they first were, this experience is always fun for myself and all the other CTs on, as well as other battalions who like seeing the CTs holding a firing line or being organized while fighting in the MHB rather than running about the ship.

"all CT's who have a rank"

All Two.... Sgt Lighter, and myself...(not a very large part of the community)

Ultimately if you believed that you could post this without me throwing everything into this, then you are mistaken, as I am proud to be a CT and no matter what happens I will continue to stay in the CT battalion, your obstacles are feeble in the ultimate transformation of the CTs and hopefully you and anyone else who agrees with you will see in the future that CT leadership has positively impacted the server and will if removed, then the CTs will quickly go back into the unorganized and poorly reputable group that it had become prior.

Overall massive -1 it saddens me that people draw so much anger and resentment towards the successes of another....

• Agree 19

:)

-1 People like goofy and sock are really good guys that just didn't feel like joining a battalion. These guys have usually lead other CTs during events and this is beneficial for the CTs and the battalions on the server. Just because we have had two cases of deserving people getting to 2ndLT doesn't make it a legitimate issue. 

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

-1 its A good meme and for the moment iT are only Sock and lichter, its not that big of A deal, if u Guys think they Will always be A ct your wrong someday they Will eventualy join because of Perks and all that, dont just take that always rank up is THE ONLY thing they have and iT doesnt mean anything so stop the critiscizement ( holy s* i dont know how to spel that)

Edited by pransar
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Current: GM Pighen | Jedi KU Knight Simms

-1 it’s not affecting anything. Them seeing a 2ndLT doesn’t encourage them to stay. Plus I see sock guiding CT’s and encouraging them to join other battalions. He’s not encouraging them to stay. He’s just guiding them to find a new battalion and making sure there is not CT racism 

Edited by IKE
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

-1 back in the day I said if I ever retired from Rancor I would join 101st and help teach the new guys. This completely undermines all of what 101st was about back in the day, it was about teaching others how to do better and to funnel people where they want to go. By removing literally all chance of promotion you don't even stop the problem of CTs wanting to stay CTs, you create another problem where the experience of being a CT is terrible, I've seen so many new players burn out because the image of CTs is so bad and they are treated like trash, having someone in charge helps the experience of new players, and makes them want to stay, with new players first impressions is everything, and removing those who earned the rank removes anyone the new player look up to and make the problem of mingy CTs worse.

• Agree 1

Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore - "Pressure makes diamonds, Ease makes decay"

2 time Rancor BCMD, 3 time Commander Havoc

6 hours ago, Sock Monkey said:

Y'all search for the stupidest things to get upset about, I dont believe I've interfered with any battalions, and this is clearly because you're upset that I have a rank as a CT.

If you really believe that I don't deserve to help the CTs then thats fine, and if this gets accepted then I will just go back to being a CT PVT, but by doing this I will also be deprived of helping with TR training, pursuing ARC, and all other skills required of higher ranks. Solely because my choice as a player is to come on a server and not join a battalion, kind of ridiculous that you're trying everything you can to limit the CTs. If you're so desperate for recruits that you cant bear the fact that 2 members of the server are higher than PVT in the CTs then you need to rethink how you run the battalion and how you conduct tryouts, as battalions who are respectful and nice typically have higher populations. (I dont believe that your battalion is struggling at all, and I dont believe my rank has impacted your numbers or other people new to the server seeking to join a battalion) 

If there  is a valid argument that I've made the server worse than feel free to criticize me, but by leading the CTs when there is an event is simply an effort to keep them organized and to further build a reputable CT force, as I believe it is my duty to be an example to new players, and provide them a leader to follow until they ultimately determine the battalion that they wish to join.

" I am suggesting this because there's no point of joining a battalion if you can get promoted in CT.

The only people who have been able to promote CTs are Generals, and at no point do I believe that I or any other ranked CT should have the right to promote troopers, as I agree they should be joining other battalions, but at the same time this argument is kind of dumb, as people who join battalions are seeking more experienced reliable and consistently active players, ultimately its all up to what the player wants, so there clearly is a point to joining battalions besides  for ranks (unless you think the only thing battalions are for, is for ranks?)... Anyways, I dont think that a player should be limited to their choices and be forced to join a battalion in order to hold a ranked position. And so far, the CTs have consistently been fresh players, who typically join a battalion almost right away, so what has been in place has not caused everyone to just sit around in CTs.

"CT's shouldn't be a permanent battalion it should be temporary until you find a battalion."

Once again I mostly agree with this, the CTs are mostly for inexperienced or new players who are seeking to join a more organized battalion, but that does not mean that the CTs are not allowed or shouldn't have leadership within them. I pride myself in being able to grab a group of random CTs during an event and have them run around and hang out with me as it creates fun bonds, and when they eventually join battalions I get to see them grow from the random CT they first were, this experience is always fun for myself and all the other CTs on, as well as other battalions who like seeing the CTs holding a firing line or being organized while fighting in the MHB rather than running about the ship.

Ultimately if you believed that you could post this without me throwing everything into this, then you are mistaken, as I am proud to be a CT and no matter what happens I will continue to stay in the CT battalion, your obstacles are feeble in the ultimate transformation of the CTs and hopefully you and anyone else who agrees with you will see in the future that CT leadership has positively impacted the server and will if removed, then the CTs will quickly go back into the unorganized and poorly reputable group that it had become prior.

Overall massive -1 it saddens me that people draw so much anger and resentment towards the successes of another....

^^^^ this also I'm keeping SGT Lighter your not PKing him from me

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
6 hours ago, Sock Monkey said:

I agree with Sock -1

3 hours ago, Tyzen said:

-1 It's only sock right now let him half is fun

I mean anyone in CT is basically just getting free promotions. SGT to 2ndLT without even going through the SGT ranks.

Edited by J.Jefferson

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster
5 hours ago, BigZach said:

-1 People like goofy and sock are really good guys that just didn't feel like joining a battalion. These guys have usually lead other CTs during events and this is beneficial for the CTs and the battalions on the server. Just because we have had two cases of deserving people getting to 2ndLT doesn't make it a legitimate issue. 

The point of CT is to join a battalion not stay in it. If they wanted people to stay in CT they would of added the 101st battalion, also what I stated above its basically free promotions for doing nothing. 

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster
6 minutes ago, J.Jefferson said:

I mean anyone in CT is basically just getting free promotions. SGT to 2ndLT without even going through the SGT ranks.

Sooo? If someone has proven himself/herself to be extremely competent shouldn’t he/her go to a rank where they can best help others. Also free promotions? What are you on about, the only CT’s who’ve been promoted were Goofy, Lighter, and Sock. Also as stated above only generals can promote so they must judge the ct as being good enough to work with that rank.

Edited by Snadvich

I agree with Sock -1

Spoiler

2ndACS SGM BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

20 minutes ago, J.Jefferson said:

The point of CT is to join a battalion not stay in it. If they wanted people to stay in CT they would of added the 101st battalion, also what I stated above its basically free promotions for doing nothing. 

They done it without expecting to get rewarded with a rank. They also encourage the CT's to join a battalion. They also improve the new CT's by giving them a more authentic experience during an event. They done this without expecting to be rewarded. They do it out of good will and due to this they were awarded with honorary ranks like goofy was. It is up to the battalion to decide if they rank transfer with the honorary rank. Also they aren't for nothing, they improve troopers which then go on to join battalions in a better way with a better understanding of the server. These dedicated CTs like Goofy Sock and Lighter only help CTs to get a gage of what battalions they fancy and improve them to join that battalion easier. I get what you are trying to say but they are only honorary ranks which in Goofy's case was given by Joah. This sparked a discussion due to how soon Goofy got it but Sock definitely deserves it. They can't even do most officer things due to the lack of a battalion so there isn't really a problem as it's only honorary.

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

+1 I never knew I could get 2nd Lieutenant just by leading a few people in events :thinking:

If I see a Regimental roster etc then I'll -1

Edited by Phaser
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

spacer.png
                        Former: Longest x2 Ahsoka 276 Days (432 Combined), Blade of the Jedi (Guardian Lead), 501st: MAJ CMD XO.                      

+1 CT are meant to join a battalion. If you are saying you are “helping them and guiding them” we have battalions who I see giving them tours around the ship and showing them battalions that they can join. But TBH sock I see you afk most of the time. 

you know, here's what i say.

the generals were generally the founders, except for ginyu.

and generals are on the ship to P R O M O T E R O L E P L A Y.

they promoted CT's who actually roleplayed as CT's, it isn't a big deal really.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, J.Jefferson said:

One could argue that its not "free promotions for doing nothing" its pretty obvious that he did something in order to attain the rank he has. Furthermore, my personal opinion is just let them be them, the CT will never become a large battalion because new players do not like staying in there, Sock and the other guy (idk who) are achieving a lot, like joining the ARC program and also TR program. Also, whats wrong with having someone dedicate themselves to leading the CT during events and such? I mean it helps other battalions too, who has ever had a CT in their battle station not knowing what to do and screwing everyone. I say let Sock do what he wants, until he makes a mistake that is cause for demotion or he decides to leave for another battalion, let the man have fun.

-1 Reasons stated above

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

People wonder why we get an influx of minges. Without the proper rank structure in the CT's there will be no one directly overseeing them and lead to more minges. 

Some of you make good points that it hasn't worked in the past why will it now. The simple reason because Sock is leading it. Many just use CT's as there verbal punching bags but if Sock continues to have command over them (like he does now as a 2nd lt) it will make it so he can make more well-trained troopers. Think about this hypothetical scenario I'm a  new CT I want to join (SO, Rancor, Commandos, any other elite unit) because they're my favorite in lore. Let's say I am not good enough for there tryouts and I need to improve. Where do I train? Who do I train with? You may be saying "JOIN MY BATTALION" but why? So I can leave 1 week later after I have trained in the specific filed I need. That hurts your battalion if it has a revolving door system like that. Sock will also be advertising the CT's to join a battalion once they are ready. So we won't have perpetual CT's except for the Co structure (3-4 people). 

I can see many of you don't agree with this simply because "MUH TROOPERS". You feel as though your going to lose troopers that would otherwise be available for your battalion. For those of you who do feel that way it is a very selfish and shows that you do not care about the overall servers well being (the types of dudes that spam **TRYOUTS FOR (INSERT FLUFFED BATTALION HERE)** fifty times in advert. 

As a solid compromise, force CT's to join a battalion when they hit NCO or Corporal if the worry is that we will have too many CT's and we want it to be a temporary battalion. But the ranking structure has to be there to give them that support.

Remember people a community only works if we work for everyone including the new tropers not just the named and established battalions

-Khufu

Edited by Daytona211
  • Agree 4

former: cadet,private,private first class, specialist,Sergeant,Staff Sergeant,Sergeant First Class,Master Sergeant,First Sergeant,Sergeant Major,Command Sergeant Major,Warrant Officer, Sergeant Major of the battalion, 2nd Lieutenant,Lieutenant,Captain,Major,Lieutenant Colonel,Colonel,Commander,Executive Officer,Battalion Commander,Regimental Commander,Marshal Commander,501st,212th,DU,21st,CG,RANCOR,104th,SOBDE,Jedi,Naval,41st,Event Job,Gamehelper,Gamemaster,Gamemaster Officer, Gamemaster Manager, Gamemaster Director, New Admin, Admin, Senior Admin, Veteran Admin,Head Admin, Director,Managment, Founder, Retired Founder, forum mod, forum admin,forum dev,Yoda,Mace WIndu

current: Versock

Yes you may argue you should join a battalion instead of staying CT but that does not mean you have to do it straight away, having someone in a officer position leading the CTs and keeping them organised in events dosent hurt, 99% of CTs will join a batt eventually so whats wrong with that 1 percent keeping that 99 organised until they do so?

Some people take a while to decide what batt they want to join and they shouldnt suffer in events because of it, having a temp leader until they find a batt is fine in my opinion.

• Agree 1

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

9 hours ago, Sock Monkey said:

In Lore CTs never got promoted to begin with and CT isn't a fucking battalion. And you want to pursue ARC when CT isn't even ARC or have an ARC class. This just make me think how dumb you are. CT don't have any power and why do you even get promoted anyways? It is because you are friends with Joah. CTs aren't anything in lore. No other server promotes you as a CT. The only reason why you got promoted is because Jek started this. And Joah has even said he doesnt want a CT battalion anyways, he doesn't want 101st again.

Edited by Warrior
  • Disagree 7
25 minutes ago, Nade Jones said:

Yes you may argue you should join a battalion instead of staying CT but that does not mean you have to do it straight away, having someone in a officer position leading the CTs and keeping them organised in events dosent hurt, 99% of CTs will join a batt eventually so whats wrong with that 1 percent keeping that 99 organised until they do so?

Some people take a while to decide what batt they want to join and they shouldnt suffer in events because of it, having a temp leader until they find a batt is fine in my opinion.

How can you keep CTs in check when half of them don't really care about CTs and Sock doesn't really have that much power to begin with if he becomes a higher rank than me I am not saluting him.

• Disagree 8
Just now, Warrior said:

How can you keep CTs in check when half of them don't really care about CTs and Sock doesn't really have that much power to begin with if he becomes a higher rank than me I am not saluting him.

What are you on about

• Agree 3

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

11 minutes ago, Warrior said:

In Lore CTs never got promoted to begin with and CT isn't a fucking battalion.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_trooper

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Army_of_the_Republic/Legends

Might want to read a little on this subject before dropping Fbombs so passionately 

Also high command has ARC as well. So why shouldn't Sock when he has permission from High Command and is excelling in his training.

Edited by Daytona211
  • Agree 1

former: cadet,private,private first class, specialist,Sergeant,Staff Sergeant,Sergeant First Class,Master Sergeant,First Sergeant,Sergeant Major,Command Sergeant Major,Warrant Officer, Sergeant Major of the battalion, 2nd Lieutenant,Lieutenant,Captain,Major,Lieutenant Colonel,Colonel,Commander,Executive Officer,Battalion Commander,Regimental Commander,Marshal Commander,501st,212th,DU,21st,CG,RANCOR,104th,SOBDE,Jedi,Naval,41st,Event Job,Gamehelper,Gamemaster,Gamemaster Officer, Gamemaster Manager, Gamemaster Director, New Admin, Admin, Senior Admin, Veteran Admin,Head Admin, Director,Managment, Founder, Retired Founder, forum mod, forum admin,forum dev,Yoda,Mace WIndu

current: Versock

1 hour ago, Daytona211 said:

People wonder why we get an influx of minges. Without the proper rank structure in the CT's there will be no one directly overseeing them and lead to more minges. 

Some of you make good points that it hasn't worked in the past why will it now. The simple reason because Sock is leading it. Many just use CT's as there verbal punching bags but if Sock continues to have command over them (like he does now as a 2nd lt) it will make it so he can make more well-trained troopers. Think about this hypothetical scenario I'm a  new CT I want to join (SO, Rancor, Commandos, any other elite unit) because they're my favorite in lore. Let's say I am not good enough for there tryouts and I need to improve. Where do I train? Who do I train with? You may be saying "JOIN MY BATTALION" but why? So I can leave 1 week later after I have trained in the specific filed I need. That hurts your battalion if it has a revolving door system like that. Sock will also be advertising the CT's to join a battalion once they are ready. So we won't have perpetual CT's except for the Co structure (3-4 people). 

I can see many of you don't agree with this simply because "MUH TROOPERS". You feel as though your going to lose troopers that would otherwise be available for your battalion. For those of you who do feel that way it is a very selfish and shows that you do not care about the overall servers well being (the types of dudes that spam **TRYOUTS FOR (INSERT FLUFFED BATTALION HERE)** fifty times in advert. 

As a solid compromise, force CT's to join a battalion when they hit NCO or Corporal if the worry is that we will have too many CT's and we want it to be a temporary battalion. But the ranking structure has to be there to give them that support.

Remember people a community only works if we work for everyone including the new tropers not just the named and established battalions

-Khufu

If people come on to minge in the first place what is a rank structure gonna do to stop them.

• Disagree 1

It's a game, does it matter that much? Like, I don't understand. As Sock said, there's only two of them, and from what I remember they were the only two since I kinda fell off. They seem to be dedicated to being just CT's so I wouldn't have had any problems with it. But people have opinions. So yea...

1 hour ago, Warrior said:

In Lore CTs never got promoted to begin with and CT isn't a fucking battalion. And you want to pursue ARC when CT isn't even ARC or have an ARC class. This just make me think how dumb you are. CT don't have any power and why do you even get promoted anyways? It is because you are friends with Joah. CTs aren't anything in lore. No other server promotes you as a CT. The only reason why you got promoted is because Jek started this. And Joah has even said he doesnt want a CT battalion anyways, he doesn't want 101st again.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slick

Your very wrong they did get promoted 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
5 hours ago, Warrior said:

if he becomes a higher rank than me I am not saluting him.

You just seem petty now and from these posts it just looks like your just mad that somebody other than you is being promoted 

Edited by Mike
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
2 hours ago, CBlake said:

If you guys want CT to be promoted.  Bring 101st back and give it a BCMD.  Other than that.  It just doesnt make sense.  

The point isint to promote CTs at all and I don't understand why it's so hard to understand we aren't here to make 101st a thing. Me (lighter), Goofy and mostly Sock are here to help new CTs not to make the stay and get ranks and for some reason people don't understand that and give us unnecessary hate. We are not pulling numbers from battalions at all goofy doesn't play anymore I have to main Jedi for master duties so I would not join a batt either way and sock would never leave CTs

Edited by Mike
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

-1, I'm gonna assume this is directed as sock being a 2ndlt, And he is the only CT i know that is higher then PVT. Sock is higher then private because of how he acts as a CT. During my time i have seen him basically act as a mentor to the CT's. Training them, helping them, guiding them, not trying to keep them as a CT, but rather improve them and help them get a foothold on the server. I double any other person has or probably will show this level of helpfulness in this kind of way. This isn't just some random new guy going from PVT To PFC, its someone who cares about guiding people and making them feel at home.

• Agree 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

+1 if CT's do have ranks than all CT's should get promoted when doing good work. If we only let the 3 people have ranks than i becomes unfair to the rest of the CT's who want to rank up but not allowed to.

*********Example----- I only want to be a CT and I would like to rank up as well but I'm not able to because only those 3 people are allowed.

Why are those 3 people allowed to have ranks?????????

-They don't do anything for the CT's, I've been on many times for long periods and never see a higher ranked CT help with events, training, or even help privates join a battalion.

-There is no structure in this battalion so these people getting a higher rank and higher rights for doing NOTHING!!! 

-Did these people get these ranks or have not been demoted because of FAVORTISM!!!!!!! 

***If they actually deserved to be promoted in the CT battalion, they probably deserve to be demoted because in the battalion there is no structure or things to do. SO DOING NOTHING IN A BATTALION = DEMOTION

Lastly, if they are allowed to keep their ranks than i want to be able to be promoted as well as all the other CT's.

Edited by Bobonater3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
3 minutes ago, Bobonater3 said:

I only want to be a CT and I would like to rank up as well but I'm not able to because only those 3 people are allowed

Who told you only those 3 can be promoted? Any CT can be promoted if the founder feels like it

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

ok i have to step in as forum general now.

only generals can promote CTs. Said generals are there to promote roleplay. so by PROMOTING A CT THEY ARE PROMOTING ROLEPLAY. And frankly if someone doesnt want to join a battalion THEN THEY SHOULDNT HAVE TO!!!!! You cant force someone to join a battalion. This honestly feels like people just being salty with Sock being promoted past a PVT as a CT. there is no CT battalion just THREE PEOPLE ( as of now )that are there becuase they were recognized by GENERALS for doing good work! and really how often does a CT stay a CT hmmm? tell me please, Yeah and with the amount of tryouts and people saying "hey want to join my battalion?" only people who WANT to stay CTs would stay CTs. i still stand by my -1 thank you have a good day

- Forum General Monty

Edited by ccmonty
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
3 hours ago, Warrior said:

No need to be petty bro, each batt has their own specialty whether it be ARC,Recon, Vehicles or whatever, but some just like to train people and you can only do so much in cc training. If people are here to roleplay they will listen to a higher rank and he really does help training the CTs. I would see where ur coming from if he were lookin for easy promos, but this dude stayed as a PVT for like a minth bcuz he legitimatly wanted to help cts be better trained.

But fr tho, -1 as long as they cant promite other cts

1 hour ago, Mike said:

The point isint to promote CTs at all and I don't understand why it's so hard to understand we aren't here to make 101st a thing. Me (lighter), Goofy and mostly Sock are here to help new CTs not to make the stay and get ranks and for some reason people don't understand that and give us unnecessary hate. We are not pulling numbers from battalions at all goofy doesn't play anymore I have to main Jedi for master duties so I would not join a batt either way and sock would never leave CTs

I'd say allow you guys to keep your rank but make others stay PVT?  Wouls that make sense.  Assuming idk your CT rank. If you guys are there to help. I don't see a reason to take your rank away.    I dont hate you guys.  Socks is a g. Goofy is mega g.  And Mike.  Well.  You are Mike xD

I suppose this subject came up because of sock I have spoken to sock and he has also taken in to mind that people are trying to stop him from being promoted sock is a very nice guy and has only made playing on the sever more enjoyable seeing a CT being aloud to be promoted genuinely makes me happy I know multiple CTS who deserve to be promoted and were not aloud too sock is simply in my eyes a welcome addition to the server as well as other CTs who just want to be well... CTs and still get promoted

Edited by 501st grunt

+1 Sure it doesnt affect much on the server, Sock is a great man, but it doesnt make sens to promote CT, so just let them be PVT or join a battalion thats useless. If the server really wants to promote CT just creat the CT battalion, other than that that makes no sens for CT to have ranks.

50 minutes ago, ccmonty said:

ok i have to step in as forum general now.

only generals can promote CTs. Said generals are there to promote roleplay. so by PROMOTING A CT THEY ARE PROMOTING ROLEPLAY. And frankly if someone doesnt want to join a battalion THEN THEY SHOULDNT HAVE TO!!!!! You cant force someone to join a battalion. This honestly feels like people just being salty with Sock being promoted past a PVT as a CT. there is no CT battalion just THREE PEOPLE ( as of now )that are there becuase they were recognized by GENERALS for doing good work! and really how often does a CT stay a CT hmmm? tell me please, Yeah and with the amount of tryouts and people saying "hey want to join my battalion?" only people who WANT to stay CTs would stay CTs. i still stand by my -1 thank you have a good day

- Forum General Monty

Makes very little sens, No one is forced to join a battalion they can stay CT PVT, its already a choice. Makes no sens to get rank into a battalion that doesnt exist. 

• Agree 3

-1!!!!!!!

So just recently, I joined this server probably about a week and a half ago.  Of course I started out, just like anyone else, a new shiny CT!B|  Immediately, I started getting constantly harassed by those annoying battalions that constantly spam the shit out of /advert and /comms doing tryouts.  I didn't enjoy being asked every 5 minutes if I was interested in said battalion.  So, I met up with the highest ranking CT on at the time.  It was SGT Sock .B|  I asked him for the 411 on what battalions are cool to join.   He hooked me up with what battalions would be the best fit for me.  I also asked him about the specializations that some people have in their name, and he also helped me learn more about them and what they mean't.  So I went on the complete a number of specialization trainings just to do them.  Thanks to SGT Sock, I was able to learn more about the server and join the battalion that I'm in now.  

Now, as for this post in particular,  it's too obvious that this post is passive aggressively calling out Sock and Mike.  The only 2 ranked CT's aboard the Venator.  Occasionally there are people who keep their rank because they're switching battalions, but we all can really understand that this post is directly primarily at Sock. ¬¬  If you had any real balls my friend you would actually call them out with an @ in stead of just writing a subliminal post about 3 CT's with probably higher ranks than you.  :D  

As for my opinion the subject at hand,  I believe that having a rank structure among the Clone Troopers is a great idea! There are practically no consequences of the matter so the opportunity cost is relatively low.  Even at the moment the only person who has a rank with slight power is Sock.  All the pros of having a few CT leaders have been listed throughout this thread.  Remember everyone was a CT at some point. xD  When you see someone working their butt off and being a valued member of the community on and off the server, what are you gonna do?  Not reward them with an online rank in a Garry's Mod Star Wars Role Playing server?  xD  Top Zozzle.  

........may..........,-'´ . . . _,,,,,';:-,................
.....allah.........,-(c\ \`;-=´,_,-~-, \`...............
........be........,/ . . .¯'\, º ,/.'-~°,' .¯`'-,.........

...with........../ . . . . . .¯,_ ~--~',, . . .'\...........
....you. ......| . . . . . . . . ¯¨¨¨¨¯,/ . . . .| .........
.......... .......| . . . . . . . , . . . .`'-, . . . |..........
........ ......../\ . . . . . . ;-,,,-'~-~' . . . '|..........
........ .....,/'`\,`'-, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . /\........

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

I just want to point out that nowhere in the server suggestion it says demote sock, or devalue anything he has done. Everyone just assumes that it is when in reality it is to make ct's not be able to be promoted because that is how it is supposed to be. You have to be in a battalion to be promoted. Sock mentioned that you have to be a high rank to attend ARC training, which if I am not mistaken isn't entirely true, you just have to be cleared by a commanding officer or ARCL in your battalion. The initial suggestion is being blown out of proportion to the point where keyboard commandos are just spewing straight autism onto their screen.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
17 hours ago, J.Jefferson said:

Make it were CT's can't get promoted and give all CT's who have a rank one week to transfer out or they get demoted to CT PVT.

17 hours ago, J.Jefferson said:

Make it were CT's can't get promoted and give all CT's who have a rank one week to transfer out or they get demoted to CT PVT.

source.gif

Edited by Mike
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Im so confused. Why you tryna get rid of CT Ranks. The people who aren't CT PVTs aren't minging or anything. They are helping the server. I mean these people are choosing to deal with minges, they should be awarded for this.

5b0ddfb627870_TuskenBoi-1.jpg.07a60803eabb775c33114766b2a719e5.jpg

Edited by Jorrdan
  • Agree 3
2 hours ago, Egg said:

I just want to point out that nowhere in the server suggestion it says demote sock, or devalue anything he has done. Everyone just assumes that it is when in reality it is to make ct's not be able to be promoted because that is how it is supposed to be. You have to be in a battalion to be promoted. Sock mentioned that you have to be a high rank to attend ARC training, which if I am not mistaken isn't entirely true, you just have to be cleared by a commanding officer or ARCL in your battalion. The initial suggestion is being blown out of proportion to the point where keyboard commandos are just spewing straight autism onto their screen.

ARC requires you to be a SGT at minimum. 

• Agree 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

1 hour ago, Jorrdan said:

Im so confused. Why you tryna get rid of CT Ranks. The people who aren't CT PVTs aren't minging or anything. They are helping the server. I mean these people are choosing to deal with minges, they should be awarded for this.

5b0ddfb627870_TuskenBoi-1.jpg.07a60803eabb775c33114766b2a719e5.jpg

Our point is, CT isnt a battalion and no one wants a CT battalion, how many time we bring back CT/101st for it to go inactive or dead and have to remove it again, what is the point of having a rank in a battalion that doesnt exist ?

Also to deal with minges there is already something on the server that their purpose is to do that, and it might shock you but its called a staff team, they might not be really present, but they still exist ;)

Edited by Bazoo
13 hours ago, J.Jefferson said:

And medic promoted a Sgt to 2ndlt and no ones complaining about that so -1 and just let the CTs stay chill and the way they are

6 hours ago, 501st grunt said:

+1

I suppose this subject came up because of sock I have spoken to sock and he has also taken in to mind that people are trying to stop him from being promoted sock is a very nice guy and has only made playing on the sever more enjoyable seeing a CT being aloud to be promoted genuinely makes me happy I know multiple CTS who deserve to be promoted and were not aloud too sock is simply in my eyes a welcome addition to the server as well as other CTs who just want to be well... CTs and still get promoted

If u want CTs to get promoted u need to -1 not the plus 1 the suggestion that saids to remove Cts being able to be promoted

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Personal Opinion: The reason we got rid of 101st was so that people can join battalions. CT's don't deserve ranks.

Tester Opinion: The reason we got rid of 101st was so that people can join battalions. CT's don't deserve ranks.

Pros: None

Cons: None.

Overall: +1

41 minutes ago, Korm said:

Personal Opinion: The reason we got rid of 101st was so that people can join battalions. CT's don't deserve ranks.

Tester Opinion: The reason we got rid of 101st was so that people can join battalions. CT's don't deserve ranks.

Pros: None

Cons: None.

Overall: -1

Wouldn't your post be a +1 @Korm? "Personal Opinion: The reason we got rid of 101st was so that people can join battalions. CT's don't deserve ranks."

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster

-1 They don't have to join a battalion if they don't want to. Seems like you're enforcing them  to join one. It's completely their choice if they want to or not. It's up to them, if they want to RP as a 101st, then let them. Overall some people in CT, or 101st are minges, but actually there are some players who love being a CT, also try to be a regular trooper as if they were in an actual battalion such as Socks, and Mike. In my opinion CTs should have ranks, because they are equal as us!

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

+1. As a former CMD of the now removed 101st, it was the 101st's job to train CTs, not other CTs. I get that you don't wanna join a battalion, but at the same fucking time, IT SHOULD BE AN UNSPOKEN RULE THAT IF YOU WANT TO GET A RANK YOU JOIN A FUCKING BATTALION! I thought the whole Idea of 2ndLT Goofy was dumb, and the fact that there's ANOTHER CT PVT makes no god damn sense. If you want to have a system where Shinies help other Shinies, bring back the 101st. Otherwise, get this shit out of my fucking Face.

~Rant.

*Edit*

So. I understand that there are people out there who think this suggestion is stupid, but at the same time, lemme just start out with saying this: I have been an officer multiple times the whole time I've been on Synergy, and each time I had to leave for a long period of time or when I mained my jedi, and removed from inactivity in a battalion, I went down to CT PVT. With the 101st, I know policies were different when it came to how their battalion worked, but at the same time, every person who joins the 101st outside of Naavi when she became 101st BCMD on Icefuse had to restart as a Private or a Private first class. Even if they were a Commander in another battalion, if they wanted 101st, they were demoted down to the bottom of the totempole again. It was always the 101st BCMD's Decision to promote them to their rank again if they felt like they wanted to, but the demotion stood. Just like if you're kicked out of a battalion or removed from inactivity (especially as an officer) you can't be going around as "CT Col" or "CT Cpt." Once you're kicked out, you have to go to the bottom of the totem pole. Believe me, I've had to do this multiple times, especially after I became more active on my Jedi, and other people who main their jedi have had to do the same thing too. Do you think it's okay for them to have to do that when the Precedent has been set that CTs are able to be promoted to Officers? No. Do you think they're going to do it still? Yes. Because I know, like other people know, that CTs aren't a battalion anymore, and even if they were, they would've still had to be demoted if they were placed in the 101st. Like I said previously, if you want to see things like Sock and Goofy promoted to 2ndLT, then either they need to a) be in a battalion or b) the 101st must be brought back so that they are promoted without having to join another battalion. Either way, "CT 2ndLT" is not only stupid, but not fair to people in battalions who aren't able to be active around the same time a High Officer is on to see, and promote appropriately. I get that "CT 2ndLT" was a meme, but there is always a point when you use a meme too much that it loses it's spiciness.

Edited by JirachiSirachi
  • Agree 4
9 hours ago, Faded said:

-1 They don't have to join a battalion if they don't want to. Seems like you're enforcing them  to join one. It's completely their choice if they want to or not. It's up to them, if they want to RP as a 101st, then let them. Overall some people in CT, or 101st are minges, but actually there are some players who love being a CT, also try to be a regular trooper as if they were in an actual battalion such as Socks, and Mike. In my opinion CTs should have ranks, because they are equal as us!

CTs are meant to join a battalion....

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
15 hours ago, Faded said:

CT/101st has been a battalion, it was dead, no one wanted to be BCMD in it, honestly they can stay CT PVT if they wants no one cares, but they shouldnt be promoted because it isnt a battalion ! Im sorry but what you said makes no sense at all, no one force them to join a bat, but getting a rank in a battalion that DOESNT EXIST makes 0 sense honestly

Edited by Bazoo
16 minutes ago, Bazoo said:

no one force them to join a bat, but getting a rank in a battalion that DOESNT EXIST makes 0 sens honestly

I mean there is really only one person that's a CT with a rank.  Do you actually think that someone with the power of high command will constantly be promoting CT's to specific ranks?  Sock is the only exception because he's only ever been a CT and has proven himself worthy of the ranks.  Besides he sets a great example for new CT's and provides useful information that any new member could use.  I'm sure he's put in a lot more effort than other people have who are higher or equal ranks with him.  Besides, in lore, normal clone troopers whether they were in a battalion or not were promoted. B|

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

18 minutes ago, Deathyy said:

-1, CT's  should be allowed to be join battalions, why are the 41st dictating where CTs choose to go? This is quite obviously a flame-thread to cause a dispute when there doesn't need to be one.

The whole 41st? I am just one single man trying to put up a suggestion. If it was the whole 41st I would have more +1's than -1's. Also, we aren't telling people where to go at all, read the suggestion it doesn't say anywhere in it that I am dictating CT's where to go. The point of CT's is to join a battalion. If they wanted a CT to have ranks they would have added the 101st even though it has failed many of times. 

• Agree 2

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster
24 minutes ago, Deathyy said:

-1, CT's  should be allowed to be join battalions, why are the 41st dictating where CTs choose to go? This is quite obviously a flame-thread to cause a dispute when there doesn't need to be one.

nice alt btw @Esitt

dcef5c6a4e3d837854f1e8aa596fdc39.png

Edited by Andrews53

@Andrews53 @J.Jefferson

Apologies, it was a friend of mine, I was just ranting to him cause he was my 2nd lead CT Commander from another community and I noted how most of the initial +1s were 41st members and that I dont really engage much with the 41st and I was confused why they were not a big fan of me/ concept of CT ranks. Then he went out and made the post.  (Not an alt, but also not member of the community)

• Agree 2

:)

11 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

@Andrews53 @J.Jefferson

Apologies, it was a friend of mine, I was just ranting to him cause he was my 2nd lead CT Commander from another community and I noted how most of the initial +1s were 41st members and that I dont really engage much with the 41st and I was confused why they were not a big fan of me/ concept of CT ranks. Then he went out and made the post.  (Not an alt, but also not member of the community)

OHh. My bad, sorry :) 

• Agree 3
15 hours ago, Stockings said:

I mean there is really only one person that's a CT with a rank.  Do you actually think that someone with the power of high command will constantly be promoting CT's to specific ranks?  Sock is the only exception because he's only ever been a CT and has proven himself worthy of the ranks.  Besides he sets a great example for new CT's and provides useful information that any new member could use.  I'm sure he's put in a lot more effort than other people have who are higher or equal ranks with him.  Besides, in lore, normal clone troopers whether they were in a battalion or not were promoted. B|

He could still do that in a batt or as a CT PVT as well, like does he need an officer rank to do that ? not really. Doesnt mean they will not promote more in the future.. and like a said, makes no sens to promote someone in a battalion that doesnt exist. AND like I said again, 101st and CT have been a thing multiples time ! their goal was to take new CT PVT and lead them to a battalion that they would enjoy from what they like on the server, and train them to help them with tryouts, like I said, this thing failed multiples time it got removed like twice, why should we make it a thing again if we will remove it in 2 months, make 0 sens. You are also wrong about having only 1 or 2 CT with ranks, A LOT of them actually went up to PFC and even more in CT for literally no reason being promoted by High command in debrief. Ive been in this community for about 2 years, and its literally doing the same thing, adding back CT battalion to help people to find a bat, and remove it about 2 weeks later because their CO goes inactive and get bored of doing that.

• Agree 2

I'm just gonna say this as I've already made a vote on this. If a high command promotes a CT to a fucking PFC+ then why are we voting to get rid of this? It is high commands decision. Why don't we just leave this to High Staff/High Command to talk about and decide a verdict.  

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1