Edgar's Governor App

Edgar

Steam Name: WatchYoProfanity

RP Name: Guild Leader Zager Dean

RP Rank: Guild Leader

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:460144846

Why should you become Governor?: 

I believe I should become Governor because of a few things, first off I would like to bring up dedication, I have been an active member of the guild and guild leadership for around 2 years. During this time, I have learned a ton about the Guild, as well as learning a ton about the senate and overall the aspect the civilian faction has over the server. I believe that I can do what is needed for the betterment of the faction overall, I believe I have what it takes to be a good leader of not just the Guild, but the Senate overall. Since my last application, I have learned a ton about the Senate, including a few talks with Law (the current Mas) and Kiara (current Senior Senator), as well as watching a few senate selections so I can understand more about the Senate. I believe I have a firm grasp of what the senate is, as well as what it can become. My experience within the Guild is relatively self explanatory, I have been within Guild Leadership for a long time, and I understand a lot of what the Guild needs, as well as just overall understanding of what makes the faction fun or not. I believe I am one of the people with the most experience regarding the Guild and the Senate, and that's what would make me a good Governor.

Availability: I am available on discord a lot of the time during the day, but my hours for Gmod/TS is as follows.
Monday: 5pm-11pm

Tuesday: 9pm-11pm

Wednesday: 5pm-11pm

Thursday: 9pm-11pm

Friday: 5pm-3am

Saturday: 5pm-2am (This is my most fluctuating day btw, sometimes I’ll be on all day, sometimes barely at all)

Sunday: 12pm-11pm
(All times in EST)

Give a brief overview of your achievements and experience on the server: 

I have been playing on the server for around 2 years now, and have been in many different positions. I will go over my most applicable and notable ones however.

104th CPT Mortar

This was my first ever lore and officer position, as Mortar I got my first feel at what it was to run a sub branch, leading ARF, and being an Wolfpack, and being an officer in 104th, which gave me a very nice taste at what running a group was like.

SOBDE

During my time as SOBDE I have been Delta XO Sev, and Delta Lead Boss, during this period, I managed to have a pretty active squad, and was very happy with what my squad had turned into when I ended up resigning.

Guild Marshal x2

Guild Marshal the first time around was very interesting, as Kiara can tell you, I was a decent Marshal to begin with, I did my evals, and cloak certs, and overall maintained positive interactions within the server, within my first term as Marshal, I became more and more lenient with myself and rules, and by the end was just getting on to fuck around and push the limits. My second time around was much better, I was doing my evals and Cloak certs of course, but I was also doing more work than before, such as discipline, I did not get in any trouble during my time as Guild Marshal the second time around.

Guild Lieutenant 

During my time as Guild Lieutenant I learned a ton about the inner workings of the guild, such as how base raids, and overall Guild Leadership activity, can affect activity overall of the Guild. In this time, I focused a lot on keeping the Guild healthy, this included me putting a ton of bounties up, (a lot of which are claimed by now) Hysterical and I also had the Data Heist and into the Vault taken out, which was and still is a controversial thing. While Date Heist did provide a lot of RP and activity on the server, we believed it was in our best interest to remove it for the time being, with the possibility of it being added back in the future.

Senator Gume Saam

During my time as Gume, I was actively hitting my quotas, but I got bored of it very fast, as I burnt myself out. During this time I learned what type of RP is good and entertaining with a senator, as well as what type is boring from a senator.

Guild Leader

During my time as Guild Leader I have been actively attempting to fill up my cabinet, the Guild Cabinet consists of 3 Marshals, and 2 Lieutenants, currently we have 1 lieutenant being Reborn, 2 Marshals being Fyko and Price, but we are actively recruiting, and have some people currently in the process of becoming a Marshal to help out with stuff. Within the position of Guild Leader, I have accomplished a decent amount. One of my greatest accomplishments for me personally is just being able to see double digit hunters a fair amount, as well as just seeing overall Guild activity increase.

What do you feel the role of the Governor is?: 

I believe the role of the Governor is to provide oversight for both the Guild and the Senate, the main role is to make sure that they are both running correctly, and to respond to any problems within the guild or senate. The governor is meant to step in to help out either faction when they need it. The governor is meant to start RP in game as well, because they are the governor of the planet, they can do a lot of in character role play that will connect the clones with the guild, as well as connecting the clones with the senate, as well as with Jedi and Naval. I believe he is also supposed to be a huge communication factor, he is there to address overall concerns within each factions, not to micro manage them, but if the Governor sees something is not happening the way they want or believe it is supposed to be happening, they are there to make sure it happens the way they want. The role of the Governor is to keep both the senate and Guild running smoothly, and provide insight into both senate and Guild.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

How do you plan to improve relations between the guild and the server?: 

I plan to improve relations between the Guild and the server by having them more integrated into overall RP. By more integrated into RP I mean that they will be an active part of events, as well as starting RP themselves outside of events. I believe one of the biggest ways to have more passive RP go on overall, is to put more RP related bounties up. A lot of these RP bounties could be friendly, but hostile bounties are always good if they have RP to go along with them. A lot of the current RP has mainly been leading up to base raids, or directly after base raids. One of the things that is very basic, but I believe needs to be said, is to increase the reward for contracts, currently there's not really a reason to get contracts, as there isn’t an incentive. The easiest incentive to use for this would be credits or renown. Bounties have also been very hostile recently, which I will blame myself for, as I have added most of them, but I have been starting to incentivize being friendly and “hostile” without actually killing people. I believe while hostile does bring a decent amount to the table in terms of the Guild, it is not all that Hunters can do. Hostile RP does bring a lot to the server, especially when done correctly, but it is not all that should be done while people are on their bounty hunters. Onto a different subject, one of the things that I really hate that's been going on recently, is the talk that BH is just there to be hostile, and that's all there is to them. We as Guild Leadership have attempted to change this mentality by offering a lot of more friendly things to lean towards, such as friendly things to get paid for, usually simple, but still get paid for them. The main reason I believe that Hunters are typically more hostile is the idea that you can “only” have fun from killing other players and PVPing. I strongly do not believe this to be the case. Recently a few of the things I have tried to do have worked out pretty well, instead of going immediately to hostilities like much Hunters want, instead of base raids Guild Leadership has been trying to resolve things more peacefully. Of course we still do want to incentivize hostile Hunter RP, we just don’t wish for it to be the only thing that Hunters have to do while on. One of the huge ways to improve relations is simple as well, if there is a full leadership team, then there will naturally be less rules being broken, as there will be more people to enforce the rules. The Guild Leadership is there to enforce the rules, the more people there are to enforce the rules, the more people will be informed about the rules, and therefore the less rules will be broken. A lot of the problems that come from Hunter RP is terrorist RP which is obviously against the rules, which a full and active leadership team could fix.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term?: Yes

If you have any questions about me or my app that you would not like to address publicly, feel free to DM me, my discord ID is: Stflooshman

Edited by Edgar
added a tiny thing

Future Adult!

Head Admin

+1 

Hate that you were denied before. Extremely telling that you kept at your work with the Guild. Great attitude, great work ethic, overall a good representative of the Civilian Faction. 

• Winner 1

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

Head Admin

+1

I like you in that position and have done great work as guild lead

• Winner 1

Current: BCMD Cody (FIRST IRISH & WELSH CODY)
Former Waxer | Former Boil | Former Wyler

Forum Admin
20 minutes ago, Edgar said:

We as Guild Leadership have attempted to change this mentality by offering a lot of more friendly things to lean towards, such as friendly things to get paid for, usually simple, but still get paid for them. The main reason I believe that Hunters are typically more hostile is the idea that you can “only” have fun from killing other players and PVPing. I strongly do not believe this to be the case.

Just a few of the bounties that the Guild has to offer.

image.png?ex=65725a27&is=655fe527&hm=8caimage.png?ex=65725a27&is=655fe527&hm=ad4image.png?ex=65725a27&is=655fe527&hm=463image.png?ex=65725a27&is=655fe527&hm=ed3image.png?ex=65725a27&is=655fe527&hm=9a7

If you get this position, will the "civilian" faction stop being an excuse to MRDM with no punishment? Will any RP be facilitated in the bounties that you or your leadership team produce? Do you need a Governor position to have your Guild not be almost exclusively terrorist RP? Will there be any sort of quality control in the Guild going forward?

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Based 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

You made Zeros LT -1

I’m gonna make a real comment now. You are fine as a guild leader but I have 0 confidence in your abilities to be in-charge of senate. There is no real reason for this promotion to also have that responsibility. Also I don’t see you as fit to be HC involved in HC decisions.

Edited by Hanz
  • Informative 1
  • Dumb 4

🌓🌙

GM Leadership

+1

• Winner 1

Former:
Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager
CMD Alpha 17  | BCMD Gree 

26 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I believe I should become Governor because of a few things, first off I would like to bring up dedication, I have been an active member of the guild and guild leadership for around 2 years. During this time, I have learned a ton about the Guild, as well as learning a ton about the senate and overall the aspect the civilian faction has over the server. I believe that I can do what is needed for the betterment of the faction overall, I believe I have what it takes to be a good leader of not just the Guild, but the Senate overall.

This is such a nothing statement, and is indicative of your whole app. None of this is saying anything except "I am good" you explain nothing cause I guess you assume people will just believe you but a faction as dire as BH needs a leader who can prove they wanna make things better but if you can't be bothered to even go into any details what's the point lol? Senate is basically the only well oiled part of BH and governors have near 0 hand in it, this is continued in your app as you passively mention it and go no further. That would be fine if you wrote anything substantial for the part the governors actually run but that's missing too. There's no reason to have faith in an app that doesn't hold any solid plans or qualities that would make your a good leader.

-1, I hope you can put more thought into future apps

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

6 minutes ago, Guac said:

image.png?ex=65725a27&is=655fe527&hm=8caimage.png?ex=65725a27&is=655fe527&hm=ad4image.png?ex=65725a27&is=655fe527&hm=463image.png?ex=65725a27&is=655fe527&hm=ed3image.png?ex=65725a27&is=655fe527&hm=9a7

If you get this position, will the "civilian" faction stop being an excuse to MRDM with no punishment? Will any RP be facilitated in the bounties that you or your leadership team produce? Do you need a Governor position to have your Guild not be almost exclusively terrorist RP? Will there be any sort of quality control in the Guild going forward?

Hey, thanks for asking, so a lot of these were mainly added because of the intensity and how much effort it takes to complete, a lot of the are 1 time claimable. The beret one was added at the time to spice some stuff up, as there weren't a lot of killing bounties during that time.

Onto your questions though. MRDM with no punishment has been a thing, with the new bounties being added, it has been a problem, as Guild Leadership we have spent a fair amount of time coming up with more controlled bounties, such as things like only killing 1 person, and other things such as the bounties for saluting a medic, or the graffiti bounty, what we have mainly noticed with these however, is that people tend to go for the killing ones, so that's the main reason there aren't a ton of them up. I believe that we have been lacking a decent amount on the RP regarding bounties, the main way that we have been attempting to solve this problem is by slowly introducing more and more friendly bounties, while slowly phasing out the more hostile ones. No I do not need Governor to stop Terrorist RP, its been a problem for a while, but its been getting less and less of a problem over the past few weeks. By quality control I assume you mean the quality of RP, but feel free to reply with what you mean by that, as I was slightly confused. The quality of RP has been slowly increasing, as at previous points in the Guild, people were only complaining that BH is just a way to RDM, and that no hunters can be friendly. I believe this aspect has been changed a lot, as I'm sure a ton of people can attest to a fair amount of hunters help out the republic during events, and some do a fair amount of passive RP helping out the GAR as well. I assume that doesn't really answer your last question, sorry I just don't really understand it.

Future Adult!

52 minutes ago, Hanz said:

You made Zeros LT -1

I’m gonna make a real comment now. You are fine as a guild leader but I have 0 confidence in your abilities to be in-charge of senate. There is no real reason for this promotion to also have that responsibility. Also I don’t see you as fit to be HC involved in HC decisions.

You're mad that Edgar can actually get the position you lost to Satan.

+1. 

Your dedication to Guild has been unmatched, Your response to Guac was formatted well. If you can bring the RP to the table the faction could be at an all time high since our swap.

Edited by Mystic
  • Winner 1
  • Dumb 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Head Admin
48 minutes ago, Guac said:

I’m meat riding Edgar a bit, but I will say that the last three bounties here have been on there for a while. The ones that are listed as lore names are also people that won’t freak out if they get killed by hunters. To be specific, Edgar is very familiar with the people in SOBDE based on his time there, and if there are gonna be bounties that require killing, I’m glad they’re on people the Guild Lead knows to handle any potential issues. 

PvP has been HEAVILY lacking from the server, and while it doesn’t need to be prominent, BH is a way for people to get some of that action. It was a lot worse a few months ago, but there are much more contracted hunters WITH the Republic as compared to before. 

Edgar was also one of the people (to my knowledge) to remove Data Heist and Into the Vault BECAUSE it became too hostile and too much like terrorist RP. 

I tried to complete the Commissioned Bounty to get a trooper to admit that pineapple doesn’t belong on pizza. That was the main focus, we had to kidnap him and force him to say it, but since clones don’t need to abide by FearRP, it was difficult. My group had to start torturing the trooper, to which he miraculously resisted. We tried killing other people if he wouldn’t say the phrase, and he refused. We then tried killing him, reviving him, getting him to say the phrase, then killing him again, and repeat. He refused to say the phrase. Homie just refused to RP completely and there was NOTHING hunters could do. 

My point is that RP bounties don’t exist as often because people aren’t as opt to RP as they used to, and hunters still need to get renown and have a reason to complete bounties. 

Sorry for yapping. 

• Agree 1

spacer.png

Head Admin
1 hour ago, Hanz said:

You made Zeros LT -1

Outside of the Zeros comment this is actually valid criticism and the only thing that worries me abt Edgar as Gov. I see Edgar as having the experience necessary in leadership positions that he can lead Senate well. Additionally, senate seems to be in a really weak spot rn from an outside perspective and I think Edgar can only help. 

Edited by KaiserNeiner
Clarity

spacer.png

GM Leadership

+1

Will do amazing

• Winner 1

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

Veteran Admin

+1 can you stop calling me your kitten tho? 

• Winner 1
5 hours ago, Edgar said:

No I do not need Governor to stop Terrorist RP, its been a problem for a while, but its been getting less and less of a problem over the past few weeks. By quality control I assume you mean the quality of RP, but feel free to reply with what you mean by that, as I was slightly confused. The quality of RP has been slowly increasing, as at previous points in the Guild, people were only complaining that BH is just a way to RDM, and that no hunters can be friendly. I believe this aspect has been changed a lot, as I'm sure a ton of people can attest to a fair amount of hunters help out the republic during events, and some do a fair amount of passive RP helping out the GAR as well. I assume that doesn't really answer your last question, sorry I just don't really understand it.

This might sound based but after reading everything and going from experience, I will have to -1.  

Over the past few weeks, I have been observing my battalions ability to roleplay with others. During my investigation, I have noticed it involved a lot of bounty hunters roleplay. In my opinion, the roleplay that bounty hunters do has not changed, every day I see bounty hunters going to turn of the engine room, shooting up BCC, taking people hostage just for the fun of it. Not to be rude but I also see you on the guild lead but I do not see roleplay from you unless you are going to do a base raid, which now has become a common thing as you active base raids about every 1-3 days (which people are assuming now its done just for the fun and not the rp). The base raids are fun; however, time to time my battalion will try to do some roleplay or tryouts and we get killed when we try to not participate. Regarding the MRDM bounties, you have complete control over the bounties, I have been saying it for the longest now but bounty hunters are just terrorist rp. The other day I had a bounty hunter take someone hostage and demanded a pint of ice cream in order to release a hostage. If you were to become Governor, the first thing that must be done is a rework on the attitude of BH and I would also like to see more roleplay from the guild lead instead of just running around base. I would also like to point out how today a in game bounty was ordered on a senator to kill him but it is against your own rules, but you allowed it just because it was fun. Yet you did not let other people order hits on other members because of who they were, it seems hypocritical. Its issues that need to be fixed, even if you don't become Governor.

• Dumb 4
9 minutes ago, Arroyo said:

This might sound based but after reading everything and going from experience, I will have to -1.  

Over the past few weeks, I have been observing my battalions ability to roleplay with others. During my investigation, I have noticed it involved a lot of bounty hunters roleplay. In my opinion, the roleplay that bounty hunters do has not changed, every day I see bounty hunters going to turn of the engine room, shooting up BCC, taking people hostage just for the fun of it. Not to be rude but I also see you on the guild lead but I do not see roleplay from you unless you are going to do a base raid, which now has become a common thing as you active base raids about every 1-3 days (which people are assuming now its done just for the fun and not the rp). The base raids are fun; however, time to time my battalion will try to do some roleplay or tryouts and we get killed when we try to not participate. Regarding the MRDM bounties, you have complete control over the bounties, I have been saying it for the longest now but bounty hunters are just terrorist rp. The other day I had a bounty hunter take someone hostage and demanded a pint of ice cream in order to release a hostage. If you were to become Governor, the first thing that must be done is a rework on the attitude of BH and I would also like to see more roleplay from the guild lead instead of just running around base. I would also like to point out how today a in game bounty was ordered on a senator to kill him but it is against your own rules, but you allowed it just because it was fun. Yet you did not let other people order hits on other members because of who they were, it seems hypocritical. Its issues that need to be fixed, even if you don't become Governor.

Hey man, from reading this over, I have never been told about Hunters turning off the ER within the past month or so, the only ones I have been told about or seen, were citizens turning it off which is the equivalent of CTs, which I have no control over. The last base raid that happened was on the 20th, and the last one before that was on the 6th, so I don't understand how it happens every other day. If you are doing tryouts, how are we interrupting when we never make it past MHB in any of our recent base raid attempts. I dead ass don't understand the MRDM bounty claims, I don't see any multiple headhunt bounties that are up currently, so I don't know where your getting that info from. Regarding the in game bounty that was placed today, the rules were put in place so a CT wouldn't go around paying people 5 credits to kill an MCMD, for as long as I have been a part of the Guild, LT+ have been able to give permission for bounties as they see fit, they have been able to (ever since Brooklyns first term) go around telling people to kill other people for a certain amount of renown, this permission was given to them so that they could promote RP and hits and Such in game without having to do a full on bounty for it. As for me not RPing, I don't believe this to be true at all, I have been actively participating in events and such, as well as constantly going around on Alias's and such promoting different styles of RP from my typical.

• Winner 1

Future Adult!

+1 goated dude only person for the position 

• Winner 1

Current: Havoc ARC Overseer / Rancor MAJ  

Ex: Alpha-22 Aven Sage Manager

spacer.png

+1 bafoon

Edited by Slak
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

Veteran Admin

+1 Love this guy he's so active and ready for the next step

• Winner 1
  • Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• Pay Respect 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Management

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk