Finn

Steam Name: Metacrisis

RP Name: Finn

RP Rank: Executive Officer

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:51113824

Regiment you are applying for: Attack Reg

Experience:

212th [PVT-XO]

I’ve spent my time in Synergy exclusively in 212th. Since 2018, I’ve been doing my best to ensure that my battalion succeeds, both compared to other battalions, and in terms of creating a welcome and fun environment for people to hang out and play in. 

As Intel Director for over 2 years, I’ve streamlined and updated major chunks of the backend workload of the battalion, to the point I’m at now, where almost everything is automated. 

As a Senior Officer for over a year, I helped maintain our large NCO and Officer Corps, oversaw the disciplinary system, helped create and maintain the current promotion system for NCOs (ew merits), and helped to create the current structure of 212th.

As a Commander, I’ve had my hand in everything, from the unfortunate loss of Foxtrot, to helping introduce and maintain Red Squadron (I know a lot of people give me flak for RS, but I’m incredibly proud of the work Leche, Pog, Babatunde and I put into making that squad work under the worst circumstances, and it was amazing to see them in their glory. I’ll fight anyone who talks shit about them). I actively helped 2ndAC with revamping their tryouts and standards, assisted in filling Parjai Squad, and getting new members interested and involved with the subunit. With Ghost Company, I helped usher in their new models/jobs, worked with them to keep their tryouts updated and competitive with other battalion’s subunits, and gave them a lot of backend support.

I feel like my biggest achievement in 212th has to be seeing people outgrow me. Seeing people join the battalion, then mentoring and helping them to reach their max potential is possibly my favorite thing to see. Seeing the difference between people when they first join to now, and watching them get to the point where they can find what they want on the server and take it, is amazing. Seeing Guac and Moose as REGLs, or Bacta and Pog as BCMDs, and knowing that I helped them get there, is just the best. And I hope that I can continue to do that, pass or fail this app.

Why should you become a Regimental Commander?: 

I believe I should be RCMD because of the experience I have, both with the community in general, but specifically in battalion high command. I’ve been in a Commander position longer than most, and in that time I’ve seen or experienced almost everything that’s happened in the community for the past few years. I’ve also been the Co-Captain of one of the consistently largest battalions on the server for more than a year, so I have experience dealing with making battalions succeed and then keeping them stable. 

Do you understand the lore of your regiment?: Yes, I do.

Availability: Generally, Mon-Fri 7pm-12pm, Weekends generally anytime after 12pm

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server: 

1 year of 212th Commander (11 months as XO)

2 and a half years as 212th Intel Director

7 months as Senate Captain

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your regiment to be at the end of your term?: 

After talking to all 3 regiments, I can say that they’re all in pretty good places. They all have room for improvement, but there aren’t any major issues that need to be addressed.

212th

I’m very biased when I talk about 212th, as it’s been my home for my entire time with Synergy, but I couldn’t be more proud of what 212th is right now. For all of Mason’s, Leche’s, Pog’s, and Bacta’s 2 terms, HC and I have worked towards making the 212th more than just a battalion where people get on to do events and get promoted. As cheesy as it sounds, we’re a real family, and it’s to the point now where I have no doubt that 212th will always be good, no matter what adversity or hardships come our way.

Of course, there’s always room for improvement, and there are 2 things I’d like to see an improvement on, the first being motivation. Occasionally 212th has a phase where they get less motivated on interacting with themselves (usually caused by either a spike in another faction like BH, or another game being popular or just releasing, like when Halo came out a few months back or when they had a MC server last year), and recently they’re starting to fall into this pattern again. By the end of my term, I’d like to see 212th re-motivated in themselves, both in game and out. 

41st

41st is in a pretty good spot, and they’ve really picked up as a whole since joining the attack regiment. The biggest area of improvement I can think of is just communication and support. While 212th and 501st have always had a close relationship, 41st still can feel like an outside battalion to some people since they’ve officially joined the attack regiment. While most people see them as a full attack battalion, there are still some that don’t. My goal is to solidify 41st’s place as an attack battalion, and support them as best I can so they can reach this goal.

501st

From my experience, 501st has had the most ups and downs of the attack regiments, and right now they’re in a definite up. With new recruits out the ass, a dedicated HC team, and enthusiastic officers, there’s not much more they need to be successful. One area I can see them improving on is being involved with the other attack battalions. I don’t usually like comparing past leadership to current, but when Marvel was Rex, he worked very closely with 212th and 104th HC to create an environment of friendship and cooperation between the 3 battalions, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a good result between battalions before. My aim is to help the other attack battalions connect with 501st more, and continue to grow the relationship 501st has with the other battalions.

How do you plan to improve relations within your regiment?: 

Now, most of the things I want to see improved with the battalions revolves around increased communication and interactivity of the battalions. I think the best way to help facilitate that is to bring back something we’ve done before, which is sending subunits to different battalions during deployments. While it can sound strange on paper, having Wolfpack tag along a 212th deployment, or Ghost Company helping 501st on a mission, it had some really good results, and brought the battalions a lot closer together. Even in the cases where there wasn’t open friendship, there was much less toxicity, and a small respect for the other battalions involved. During my term, I’d like to try and bring this concept back, as well as expanding a bit, and focus more on the subunits in particular. Deploying Green Company and Ghost Company together, Torrent Company and 2nd Airborne, etc. By focusing on these smaller subunits, I aim to bring more attention to them, and also buff them in a way (some people might want to join a subunit if they knew it got special deployments other people don’t get).

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your regimental commander rank?: Yes

• Winner 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

+1 For Finn, I'm so ready to see this man in these chairs.

• Friendly 1

Current Ranks/Names Held: Torrent Company Captain Boomer (Resigned), Senior Senator Gume Saam

"Surround yourself with people that care about you. You're the reward. Don't go seeking for others approval. If someone disrespects your advice without hearing it out, cut them mfs out your life. They aren't worth your time."      ~ EmBark

Serious Question @Finn

From my time on the server I really don't see you a ton ON server, and if you do you are AFK in a window or in the BCC. I see you in TS a lot. Do you have any plans to be "more active on server" to help promote and encourage roleplay not only with your regiment but the server as a whole. If so how do you plan on doing so? 

• Informative 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1 HAHA I'm glad you decided to go through with this. I really enjoyed working under you for my entire time in 212th (which was over a year) and I think you're more than capable for this position. Hope you don't get denied because you openly share your opinion!

• Friendly 1

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

Finn will be the best ATK REG in a while, he is motivated, and constantly wanting to help battalions improve, his methods will help battalions out to actually improve all systems. Without Finn 212th at least under me would have been dead on the water, hes great bouncing off ideas and making them the best or fixing the situation! HC is wrong

Edited by Bacta
  • Friendly 1
  • Optimistic 1
  • Dumb 1

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

I think you app is quite the piece, and I do have my biases when it comes to you. But a lot of the app, at a quick glance seems to be a lot of you talking about your expriences of seeing other people do stuff and sort of bearing witness to the success of others. You don't seem to be a main player in your own application as you quote those who have been rather successful beyond you. There are something you have directly worked on like the merit system which I think still gets debated over a year after I greenlit it.

You seem to be a passive person and you're presence in game seems to reinforce that mentality. I personally don't really know what you offer for the position except just holding it.

I'm not gonna -1, but I genuinely want to ask how do things you've achieved yourself and not seen others do prove you are better than any other possible candidate? cause from my experience you've acted much like a shadow in the works of other people, yes contributing but you never seem to be a leading role

and this likely is a rather unfair or biased analysis, I haven't interacted with you for a while but I was there once and I hear news of the battalion from sources abound. So I think it makes sense to ask for definite reassurance of you being capable rather than the tales of those around you being successful with you nearby

• Dumb 5

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

I’m a little concerned with you becoming attack reg because I’ve had conversations before with you in ts about how you “only care about 212th”. You told me before that you didn’t care for other battalions within attack getting suggestions passed because they are not 212th. I do not think I could trust you with this position because you openly displayed an arrogant attitude about the well being / progressiveness of other battalions within your own regiment. This conversation in ts we had was literally back in November. I can’t really comment on your activity because I’m not in your battalion but from my perspective I very, very, very rarely see you in game doing something besides being afk or only talking in ts. I would also like to point out that 41st is not as simply as “in a good spot”. We have increased activity and numbers recently but we still have quite a bit of internal structure problems that you do not even address in your application. I understand that it might not be your job to fix internal problems… but you should be aware of the problems that the battalions are facing as the regimental. I don’t think you have reached out to any 41st senior officers either to even really understand what’s going on in the battalion. (Feel free to correct me if you have)

Id also like to hear more about how exactly you would push for more subunit crossing over deployments because it’s not as easy as you may think it is. That will take lots of work constantly talking to GMs every week to get deployment shared because I can tell you just going to a gm meeting once a month won’t be enough. 

I would also like to point out that as a regiment we have some fundamentally different ways of tackling deployment on the ES as a mentality. I think some upper level work connecting the leadership during deployments would work wonders in actually having the regiment work together. As it stand currently we all tend to split up and work separately when we could really try and work together more all around.

{edit} I still don't fully trust your word on extending your passion to the entire regiment do to your recent standings on being solely focused on 212th. I understand that being a senior officer means you need to pay special attention to your battalion but I find it hard to believe that someone who so brazenly advocated for only their own battalion could completely change mentalities for the the entire regiment. Because you are unquestionably qualified to take on the position I will +1 this with hopes that if you do obtain this position, that your actions show your dedication beyond just the 212th, and encompasses the regiment as a whole. Good luck.

+1

Edited by Dono
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 4

spacer.png

I had a chance to represent the 41st in a recent talk with Finn. He comes off to me as a very genuine guy and I truly believe he wants to help. We addressed some important things regarding the 41st and he is offering us his full support. Myself and most of the 41st (but Dono) are supporting you. A big +1 from me. 

Edited by SEXICO
  • Friendly 1
  • Confused 1

spacer.png

Certified G

+1

• Friendly 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

• Management
Management

+1 

spacer.png

Would have preferred you as the shadow RCMD but this will do

• Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 Finn has always been someone loyal to the Attack Battalions and has always wanted to make sure the battalions are in top notch condition. When I originally was going for Attack Regimental around a year ago he was asking me a lot of questions on what I was going to be doing as regimental. I think overall he would be a great candidate to fill in this position. 

• Friendly 1

+1 Finn will be great for the job, he is the ideal person for this role and has been a huge part of 212th's success since I have been on the server. I don't know that there is anyone that I would be more confident in to excel in this position and I believe that the responsibilities of ATK REG fit his skill set perfectly.

• Friendly 1

Former:

Jedi Youngling

22 hours ago, Dennis said:

Serious Question @Finn

From my time on the server I really don't see you a ton ON server, and if you do you are AFK in a window or in the BCC. I see you in TS a lot. Do you have any plans to be "more active on server" to help promote and encourage roleplay not only with your regiment but the server as a whole. If so how do you plan on doing so? 

Hey Dennis. This is a fair concern. I've always been more of a behind the scenes guy, but I have been making an effort to be in game more, and if I do get ATK REG, I will definitely be increasing the time I spend on the server. And while I'll always focus on the attack regiment first, I don't intend on exclusively focusing on them. As Senate Captain I've developed relationships with a lot of members in non-attack battalions, and I plan on using those relationships to try and increase both my personal roleplay, and the overall roleplay of the server.

11 hours ago, Comics said:

I think you app is quite the piece, and I do have my biases when it comes to you. But a lot of the app, at a quick glance seems to be a lot of you talking about your expriences of seeing other people do stuff and sort of bearing witness to the success of others. You don't seem to be a main player in your own application as you quote those who have been rather successful beyond you. There are something you have directly worked on like the merit system which I think still gets debated over a year after I greenlit it.

You seem to be a passive person and you're presence in game seems to reinforce that mentality. I personally don't really know what you offer for the position except just holding it.

I'm not gonna -1, but I genuinely want to ask how do things you've achieved yourself and not seen others do prove you are better than any other possible candidate? cause from my experience you've acted much like a shadow in the works of other people, yes contributing but you never seem to be a leading role

and this likely is a rather unfair or biased analysis, I haven't interacted with you for a while but I was there once and I hear news of the battalion from sources abound. So I think it makes sense to ask for definite reassurance of you being capable rather than the tales of those around you being successful with you nearby

Hi Comics. You make a good point, the app doesn't really showcase me taking a leading role. I'm not sure if I have an answer you'll like, but my only real explanation is that I don't think about what I've done for the battalion the same way you do. As you can attest to, I don't usually take lead on things, and that's because for the most part, I want everyone to have a voice in the battalion. Whether it's something in an officer meeting or just Commanders, I want everyone to feel like they have a say in how the battalion works. Even though as XO I could run the battalion on my own if I wanted to, I don't think that helps in the long term, for the battalion or the community. I apply the same mentality to my accomplishments in the battalion. While I worked a lot on the merit system, and it wouldn't be where it is now without me, I don't see it as just my accomplishment. Without you, Shockpoint, and Kelso, we wouldn't have any merit system. It's something we all worked on, and I would never just claim sole credit for it. I'm a big believer in being a team, so I struggle to highlight my accomplishments in a way that doesn't come off as arrogant.

11 hours ago, Dono said:

I’m a little concerned with you becoming attack reg because I’ve had conversations before with you in ts about how you “only care about 212th”. You told me before that you didn’t care for other battalions within attack getting suggestions passed because they are not 212th. I do not think I could trust you with this position because you openly displayed an arrogant attitude about the well being / progressiveness of other battalions within your own regiment. This conversation in ts we had was literally back in November. I can’t really comment on your activity because I’m not in your battalion but from my perspective I very, very, very rarely see you in game doing something besides being afk or only talking in ts. I would also like to point out that 41st is not as simply as “in a good spot”. We have increased activity and numbers recently but we still have quite a bit of internal structure problems that you do not even address in your application. I understand that it might not be your job to fix internal problems… but you should be aware of the problems that the battalions are facing as the regimental. I don’t think you have reached out to any 41st senior officers either to even really understand what’s going on in the battalion. (Feel free to correct me if you have)

Id also like to hear more about how exactly you would push for more subunit crossing over deployments because it’s not as easy as you may think it is. That will take lots of work constantly talking to GMs every week to get deployment shared because I can tell you just going to a gm meeting once a month won’t be enough. 

I would also like to point out that as a regiment we have some fundamentally different ways of tackling deployment on the ES as a mentality. I think some upper level work connecting the leadership during deployments would work wonders in actually having the regiment work together. As it stand currently we all tend to split up and work separately when we could really try and work together more all around.

I will wait for a response before I vote. 

Sup Dono. You brought up a few points, so apologies if I miss one, or don't fully explain myself. 

I've only been in 212th as a battalion, so I have very strong feelings about the battalion, and as XO, it's my job to advocate the best I can for my battalion. While it's true I can go overboard, the main sentiment I try to stand my is that I will lift mountains if it means helping my guys. If I get accepted as ATK REG, that mentality would extend to the 41st and 501st. As attack battalions, you're my guys, and I'll do everything in my power to see you succeed. 

I addressed my activity in Dennis's point, but I'll reiterate by saying that I have been increasing my server presence, and I will continue to increase my presence if I get accepted. 

As for the internal issues in 41st, I am aware of some of the issues you guys have, and I didn't mention it in the app on purpose. Mainly because, while I am aware of some issues, I don't know the full story, and I didn't want to incorrectly assume something on this app. I'm not sure how many people compare battalion structures, but I know that 212th's structure is radically different than 41st, and I didn't want to apply the standards Bacta and I have in 212th onto you guys and call it bad. I talked to Mexico before putting my app up, and I've talked informally with a few 41st officers over the last few months, so I know a bit about how your structure works, but I didn't want to give the impression that I was going to just come in a try and change a bunch of things unilaterally or without the battalions' consent. 

For crossover deployments, the answer is both simple and complicated. You're right that larger shared deployments will take a lot of work, and working with the GM team will take a lot. But I also think it can be simple. Whenever an attack battalion gets deployed, all they need to do is reach out (or I can reach out) to another battalion and invite a subunit to come with them. The deployment itself doesn't change, just the people who come along. This is something that any senior officer from any battalion can do, and if we can all get in the habit of asking each other, it will go leaps and bounds to strengthening the relationships of the 3 battalions, and the people in them. I've seen this first hand, and participated in quite a few deployments done this way, and they were always easy to set up for the battalion HCs, and the results were fantastic.

• Winner 1
  • Informative 5

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

9 hours ago, Finn said:

Hi Comics. You make a good point, the app doesn't really showcase me taking a leading role. I'm not sure if I have an answer you'll like, but my only real explanation is that I don't think about what I've done for the battalion the same way you do. As you can attest to, I don't usually take lead on things, and that's because for the most part, I want everyone to have a voice in the battalion. Whether it's something in an officer meeting or just Commanders, I want everyone to feel like they have a say in how the battalion works. Even though as XO I could run the battalion on my own if I wanted to, I don't think that helps in the long term, for the battalion or the community. I apply the same mentality to my accomplishments in the battalion. While I worked a lot on the merit system, and it wouldn't be where it is now without me, I don't see it as just my accomplishment. Without you, Shockpoint, and Kelso, we wouldn't have any merit system. It's something we all worked on, and I would never just claim sole credit for it. I'm a big believer in being a team, so I struggle to highlight my accomplishments in a way that doesn't come off as arrogant.

I think many consider pride in one's accomplishments to be a sign of arrogance, I agree with no such notion. The work one has done for the community speaks volumes for their character.

I see no reason to take sole credit, but being able to confidently speak upon your work and ability creates confidence in your character. It is not upon faith or those who have worked with you to decide your path, only you can prove your own worth. However I can understand your reservations to speak in confidence of your own work. I think your should credit yourself as a part of a team which a lot of the document lacks.

I suppose you would suit a less direct role, at least in relation to leading people directly. I expect you know how to handle to rest as your work as a shadow BCMD seems to indicate some hands off leadership ability. So it makes sense to +1

• Friendly 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

+1 good luck to you

• Friendly 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

I did not see this coming. 
What about this title of yours?
"212th Lifetime Intel Director"

Finn you were always a behind the scenes guy, but you were always available when needed. I think you have the experience and the dedication to do this.
So you will get a +1 from me.

Edited by Eagle
  • Funny 1

spacer.png

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING