Add chess Script for downtime

Maverick

Name: Maverick

RP Rank: Not important

Suggestion: Add in  the chess script for downtime people on the server.

Implementation: Extract, Scan for backdoors or whatever, Drop into the addons folder and set up Chess/Checkers areas in the kitchen/cafeteria

Lore: Yes i believe they played Dejarik which is similar but totally different.

Workshop content if applicable: https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/chess-and-checker

Other:

Look it's 9 bucks, very cheap and its another way to pass the time. This could have the potential to even start up a mini competition and people can even use this for betting/gambling or something idk. In Dejarik they did something similar i believe so why not. Great thing to use and should not impact performance on the server.

The recent suggestion for whitelisting the props was good but @Bbstine was right, why not use the addon.

• Agree 3

spacer.png

ive been challenging random troopers to 'dejarik' and then sending them a chess link on my senator for days now. havin an ingame chess script would be litty titty. +1

Edited by Curious_Beats
fix dejarik spelling

Goodbye, everyone. 

+1 i personally think else than people saying we should RP during downtime i think we should have something else than simply RPing during downtime such as addons and other things to do so it activity keeps a good portion of people involved such as the TV in ooc loundge which idk where it went but it kept a good amunt of people online

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

+1, Can't wait to lose in three moves. :D

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

+1 Saw this before is pretty neat.

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

if this is the one I remember, there was a frequent bug that would happen where id be locked in the game and I'd have to restart GMOD. Don't know if my PC is shit or im a rere but if that doesnt happen the +1!

• Informative 1

The only Wrecker that embraced his largeness. 

• Founder
Founder

I already have this marked for next the update. Checkers addon too for those that are more smooth brain. 

• Winner 4
11 hours ago, Square said:

I already have this marked for next the update. Checkers addon too for those that are more smooth brain. 

Thank god, my little baby mind can't understand the massive amount of skill and brain power that it takes to understand the lucrative game that is known as chess. Checkers Champion of 2014 in my middle school class right here baby. :EZ:

• Optimistic 1

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

11 hours ago, Square said:

Moving to Pending

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founder
Founder

Accepted

• 3 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.