Remove Defibs

Baboon

Name: Greek

Suggestion: Removing Defibs

Implementation: Remove the defib addon. I find the defib system very annoying. Every time you die you hear men moaning. When you die you have to wait 5 seconds to respawn or u /cc and then go back to your job. I also don't really see a point of the system if you wanted to revive someone you could just call a admin or be a admin your self pepeLaugh. This also stopped yoda from being able to use kyber slam against actual people it only works against NPCS now. Sometimes people are not able to respawn themselves and an admin would have to respawn them. If your about to die and you change jobs it will spawn a ragdoll of yourself if you do it quick enough. You can't see in tab anymore if people get kills or deaths. Which kind of messed up some BVB things if you want to know like who is doing the best or if you are trying to do like a TDM in BVB. When you kill someone with the last shot the numbers won't come up with the damage and the hitmarker won't show. Also in RDM cases lots of the time someone will call an admin to see logs because they got RDMED but they get revived which would clear that persons death from the logs. It will also put in logs that they were killed by keys like "RC-1242 Foxtrot Group MDMK Tal was killed by RC-1309 Omega Squad Niner Skirata with a keys."

Lore: Wasn't in Lore.

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development") No idea what addon it is but defibrillator

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Management
Management

The idea is cool but the system is shit.

Sorry medics but I +1 this.

RP Revives were fine the way they were before the update.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

I’m neutral, I’d rather there be a rework (removing or changing the moan at the very least).

ive also discovered an issue that if you die and leave before you respawn, your rag doll stays permanently until it’s manually removed by either the tool gun or a cleanup, which can cause the server to lag if nobody notices it. 

Ex-DU CMD/XO - Wrote the lore for the original Havoc Squad members, it’s nbd 🥱 - Just your friendly neighborhood fucktard 

23 minutes ago, Hayley said:

-1 gives the medical roleplay more things to do. We need to stop trying to change the medical things so frequently as it is getting the medics annoyed.

Medics have plenty to do. If you’re a medic rp as one.

+1 defibs are mad annoying 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Just now, Kronos Jones said:

Medics have plenty to do. If you’re a medic rp as one.

+1 defibs are mad annoying 

I am a MEDL. I medical roleplay and I love medical roleplay. Why take something that makes reviving someone on the field more realistic? Yeah the moaning can get annoying, maybe that can be changed, but removing the whole defib I don't agree with.

• Agree 3

I really like this medical system, and have worked with it for a while (played on MRP for it's entire lifespan, where it was used for it's entire period)
Sure, it has weird issues, but there's a really fun level of immersion in being able to drag bodies away from firefights and pick them back up to keep going. Honestly, it'd probably just need a bit of poking to fix some of the minor things, like the moaning and whatever, but I personally really love it.

-1, Medical system is fine.

Don’t see why to change it honestly. I do feel bad for medics since their shit gets changed very frequently.

• Agree 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

-1 the system is fine. Maybe you being uncomfortable with moaning is a you problem. And having having to call an admin for revives is the worst shit ever for all parties.

Also if the person that was RDMd was revived if means there would Most likely be At least one witness. 

This is the best Defib system a long way forwards from the first Defibs we had with RM.

Edited by BigZach
  • Agree 3

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

Neutral. I like it, however it fucks with 'alot' of the other things that would normally do damage. Kyberslam for example.

Another example is the killfeed. No one ever gets kills (or publicly appears as such) because the system. 

It also shows up with BS kills such as @Marvel Shanking people with keys

• Funny 1

Neutral, I think I small reword might be good instead of just removing. Maybe lowering the moan sound so it won’t be as high as it’s a good indicator if someone is dead around you. Also maybe see if it’s possible to fix the kill/death numbers

+1 lol, who would of thought that I could get a revive in real life. It’s just another 5 tokens. Shouldn’t be to bad.

seriously I think the medical Rp and the revive is taken to far. Defoe’s didn’t instantly save someone from death in battle. That was healing from there injuries. Also why should someone have to roll and say “CLEAR” every time someone gets down. It’s pointless, and completely agree with greek

Pepelaugh Just resurrect4head

• Funny 1

Former: Liaison

7 hours ago, Hayley said:

I am a MEDL. I medical roleplay and I love medical roleplay. Why take something that makes reviving someone on the field more realistic? Yeah the moaning can get annoying, maybe that can be changed, but removing the whole defib I don't agree with.

I agree with Hayley and BigZach. The argument you had presented to remove the Defibs sounds like a rant.  The medical system is perfectly fine. -1 

10 minutes ago, Pythin said:

(Ignore the quote)

3 minutes ago, TrijiM said:

I agree with Hayley and BigZach. The argument you had presented to remove the Defibs sounds like a rant.  The medical system is perfectly fine. -1 

(Ignore the quote)

;_;

• Funny 1

Nuetral it fucks with 1 life’s a ton but also it helps cuz u won’t have to run back to get revived 

if it could be possible to have like a 1/4 chance of you just dying with no chance of revive that would be great because then everyone wouldn’t get to be revived 

honestly, didnt really care about Defibs, but i do see the issues they present, also with the annoyance of people Yelling for a medic to revive. Just dont die +1

Been here for ages, practically done and seen everything.

-1 defibs are soo important for events even 1 life it gives medical troopers actual role play where it's not just tping the person back after they die. There's no need in removing this system cause u found it annoying it makes things emersive 

Edited by BlackiSblack
  • Agree 4
28 minutes ago, BlackiSblack said:

-1 defibs are soo important for events even 1 life it gives medical troopers actual role play where it's not just tping the person back after they die. There's no need in removing this system cause u found it annoying it makes things emersive 

Then what’s the point of a one life event, when they can revive fallen people?

Neutral. If they can find a way to fix yoda's kyberslam and keep them then I'm all game. If not, I agree with some points here and am leaning to a +1

Edited by [SR] Clank [NA]
I did a 4head
12 minutes ago, Pythin said:

Well gamemasters can set 1 defib per trooper, which still keeps the one life feel but lets medics actually do something besides healing.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

21 minutes ago, Pythin said:

What do you mean?? the point is for the medics to do what they are trained in if they get bad rolls the trooper dies and cannot return samething if the medics die.  Thats why medical troopers are very important for battalions to ensure they have a active med branch

18 minutes ago, BlackiSblack said:

What do you mean?? the point is for the medics to do what they are trained in if they get bad rolls the trooper dies and cannot return samething if the medics die.  Thats why medical troopers are very important for battalions to ensure they have a active med branch

Medics will always be active. If it’s a one life and you leave it to chance on defibs then it isn’t a one life

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

2 minutes ago, Kronos Jones said:

Medics will always be active. If it’s a one life and you leave it to chance on defibs then it isn’t a one life

Well technically it is a one life if you die you are out and if you get revived it means your character is still alive which means your not dead 

Edited by BlackiSblack
12 minutes ago, BlackiSblack said:

Well technically it is a one life if you die you are out and if you get revived it means your character is still alive which means your not dead 

No it’s not. One life is ONE LIFE. meaning you live ONCE. The defibs is just a cheat

1 lifes that allow defibs are a godsend. I can't tell you how many times I've allowed RP revives and the @/ gets spammed with "tp i got revived" while I'm doing something important.

Also, lets be honest, nobody authentically looks at the tab menu and says "Yo ____ is popping off in kills, focus him" in a bvb except for probably SOBDE. And even if you do THAT they're still all CTs

the main post is just a bunch of non-issues except the moaning from what I can tell, which does get annoying but ehhh, that's a couple clicks from fixing.

Also if you see someone was killed by keys in console, that doesn't mean they weren't killed at all, not a staff issue either.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly 1

Removing the moaning sound and changing the cooldown is really easy to do in the LUA, so if this suggestion fails then I recommend asking that..

Other then that, I personally like medics having defibs since it can be very helpful, albeit buggy. If there is possibly another better defib system out there, then that would be a good idea to recommend, but I don't know if there is.

+1

Coming from a former RM and MDM. Medics have enough to do. There are loads of different possibilities for them to RP. Secondly, rag dolls cause lag. Thirdly,  just have an admin bring them back to their dead body. It works.

Defibs used to be a thing back when RM was a thing. It was removed for similar reasons (I think, I don’t know why it was removed actually)

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

-1. The whole RP Revived SUCKED! The System might be annoying when you die all the time... but its so much more rewarding to be able to spawn back where you died, and join the fight. instead of having to wait for a TP, or Running back like you would have anyways.... HOWEVER. If we could reduce the time it take to respawn would be noice.

• Winner 1

Neutral, seriously?  over a moan and just because killfeed doesn't show up, not like you get a lot of kills anyways unless you do FFA a lot or BVB would be the only other reason I think you would want killfeed, I wouldn't even consider those 2 valid reasons because BVB doesn't happen every day its every weekend and after it's over its going to be a while till the next one. But not allowing Yoda to kyber slam kinda makes it messed up, and Logs also is an issue dunno why we just don't get like actual logs instead of console logs only would help staff more too.

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

8 hours ago, BlackiSblack said:

Medics now only have to roll a 40+ to revive, they get 3 chances at doing so. If one medic fails then another just walks over. 

4 hours ago, Eclipse said:

+1

Coming from a former RM and MDM. Medics have enough to do. There are loads of different possibilities for them to RP. Secondly, rag dolls cause lag. Thirdly,  just have an admin bring them back to their dead body. It works.

Defibs used to be a thing back when RM was a thing. It was removed for similar reasons (I think, I don’t know why it was removed actually)

The old system, which is a completely different add-on, was removed because that specific add on caused errors and stuff. It was not removed for the reasons listed in this post.

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

Eh neutral,

its been over 3 months since I've died in an event anyways :p.

Spawn more droids on me, my 327th meatshields are too willing to die for promos.

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

9 hours ago, GM-3022 Havok said:

Yall asked for defibs and now you don't want them anymore? Make up your damn minds.

Anyways, -1. Don't remove the defibs entirely because you don't like the way the clones moan on the ground. Just remove the moaning, ez fix.

I definitely did not ask for them 

• Funny 1
Banned

+1 

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:28 AM, Pythin said:

+

. Also why should someone have to roll and say “CLEAR” every time someone gets down. It’s pointless, and completely agree with greek

Pepelaugh Just resurrect4head

Cause this is a serious RP server and if you touch a person getting defibrillated in real life you will also be subject to a shock which could potentially cause arrythmias or cardiac arrest!

The system, like all, is imperfect. I still don't have definite so that's a yikes but regardless, tweaks can be made to it. 

-1 on removal

+1 on changing the system. Remove the moaning (I mean who doesn't like to hear men moan wtf), make kills not reset, but keep the 5 second timer. That being, if a medic is working on you immediately, you don't respawn because there is absolutely nothing more excruciatingly frustrating than that shit.

7 hours ago, Blueberry Juice said:

The system, like all, is imperfect. I still don't have definite so that's a yikes but regardless, tweaks can be made to it. 

-1 on removal

+1 on changing the system. Remove the moaning (I mean who doesn't like to hear men moan wtf), make kills not reset, but keep the 5 second timer. That being, if a medic is working on you immediately, you don't respawn because there is absolutely nothing more excruciatingly frustrating than that shit.

Would say be longer than 5 second as some as that is to fast to move the subject somewhere safe and then do the operation with all the binds and what not