A Return to Form - Regiment Changes

Marvel

• Management

After much deliberation we will be reverting the Regiment system back to how it used to be. The new setup will be as such:

Attack Regiment
212th Attack Battalion
501st Legion
Doom's Unit

The Attack Regiment's purpose is to serve as infantry for full frontal assaults. 501st excel on the frontlines with 212th providing support with their unique classes such as 2ndAC and Ghost Company. Doom's Unit will serve as a support battalion within the regiment utilizing their shields to keep the momentum during battle.

Mechanized Regiment
104th Battalion
41st Elite Corps
Galactic Marines

The Mechanized Regiment's purpose is to provide the other battalions with armored support. The battalions within the Mechanized Regiment will have priority when it comes to using vehicles during events and encounters on the server. 104th will use AT-TEs, 41st have their BARC speeders, and GM will have the TX-130. The entire regiment will also have access to the AV-7 as well.

Specialized Regiment
05 Commando Battalion
Coruscant Guard
Rancor Battalion

The Specialized Regiment houses the GAR's most elite units. Republic Commandos, Shock Troopers, and ARC Troopers are the best of the best. 05 and Rancor being utilized for special missions and tasking whereas CG serve as a military police force keeping order on the base and protecting HVTs like Naval, Senators, and High Command.

A lock will be placed on the Regiments for the duration of 2023 so that they won't be touched again anytime soon. If you have any questions feel free to ask them below or privately in my dms. Sorry once again for the changes but this will be the last so long as I am Director.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Bruh 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

2nd

• Dumb 1
  • Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)
1 minute ago, Quassont said:

What happened to 41st being in the Attack regiment? I thought it would be going back to the way it was?

It is

• Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)
  • Management
4 minutes ago, Quassont said:

What happened to 41st being in the Attack regiment? I thought it would be going back to the way it was?

When I say we reverted the regiments I just meant the system in general. We did not copy the exact regiments and setup prior to the change to Sector Armies since Siege is just Attack 2.0 we wanted a 3rd regiment that served a purpose that being Mechanized. 41st fit the bill in the regard with their utilization of BARC speeders whereas DU doesn't fit in Mechanized or Specialized and only fits in Attack.

• Informative 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

3 minutes ago, Quassont said:

DU is in Attack now

Doom's Unit being Siege just never really fit. Sieging was more around explosives/specialized skills in the heat of the moment. The big bang for Attack to rush in. DU turtling with shields isn't a good representation of that. DU will be much more useful rushing with their shields while 212th and 501st shoot over them. 

With AV-7 being a regiment wide training now, DU has no specializations placing them around a Siege like aspect. With that being said, Siege also isn't the third reg anymore. So i think its fairly fitting.

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

I love it! Will especially be good having 41st in Mech if the AT-RT gets added back: I've seen some statements by Luna in Discord that an upcoming LFS update might improve the ground base and hence the AT-RT lag (when it is updated to meet the new system).

• Optimistic 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

6 minutes ago, Marvel said:

When I say we reverted the regiments I just meant the system in general. We did not copy the exact regiments and setup prior to the change to Sector Armies since Siege is just Attack 2.0 we wanted a 3rd regiment that served a purpose that being Mechanized. 41st fit the bill in the regard with their utilization of BARC speeders whereas DU doesn't fit in Mechanized or Specialized and only fits in Attack.

Then why not put 212th with 41st and 104th? We have the ATTE's. Also, I thought DU wasn't coming back, am I wrong in assuming that they are still Hard-Locked?

Former:212th Goji CMD Oddball 212th BCMD Cody | ATK RCMD Quassont | Parjai-29 Ram'ser Current: 212th Oddball 2: Electric Boogaloo
spacer.png

• Management
Just now, Quassont said:

Then why not put 212th with 41st and 104th? We have the ATTE's. Also, I thought DU wasn't coming back, am I wrong in assuming that they are still Hard-Locked?

AT-TEs have been given back to 104th with this change. DU is currently hard locked for the time being. They will come back at a later date and will need a home nonetheless so no reason not to go ahead and slot them into a regiment regardless if they are locked or not.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

3-6 Months from now a regimental or marshal will put forward: "I think it's time we switch up the regiments"  

Screenshot this!

• Winner 2

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

• Coordinator
Coordinator

I agree w/ beetle -1 not siege.

• Friendly 1
Forum Admin

I really can appreciate these choices of regiments, especially their placement. It does a great job of broadly defining gameplay aspects of each battalions for GM's to use, while still not confining these battalions to a specific play style.

I do think specialized should still have Galactic Marines in it, however I understand their placement in the Mechanized Regiment as well.

God bless, and don't bring back the cringe furry names. 

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Dumb 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

45 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

@MarvelHey, quick question. Seeing as GM now has priority over TX. Does 104th no longer host the training for it and be transferred to GMs?

It will be discussed in more detail shortly, but I believe the way it is proposed your statement would be true. But you would be gaining the AT-TE Priority once again.

• Friendly 1

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

• Management
50 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

@MarvelHey, quick question. Seeing as GM now has priority over TX. Does 104th no longer host the training for it and be transferred to GMs?

Yes. The TX and its entirety will be handed off to GM in order for them to fit into the regiment. The AT-TE is being given back to 104th to compensate.

Originally we were going to give GM just the AV-7 but we decided against it since it isn’t really used or useful tbh. Instead we’ve decided to allow the regiment as a whole to share the AV-7.

• Informative 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

This is getting alot of praise and this is what we originally changed cause people didn't like it. A whole year and we are back to 1 year ago. Not saying its a bad change. Just ironic. Also glad this won't be changed for 2023 but not bet on it. We still got the rest of 2022 to change regiments another time ;).

Hopefully if marvel leaves within 12 months we don't begin this cycle again.

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

Forum Admin
18 minutes ago, Finn said:

This was never my idea in the first place!

a5b8e159090403c6a1f91d42efeaa67f.png
2c20b47590658bfef4f96011faae4cfa.png
ff936c1c9ae3a32fa37963a64473a93e.png

:pepePolice:

• Funny 3
  • Winner 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3