Bacta Kit Buff

Maverick

Name: Maverick

RP Rank: Master Maverick/Private Maverick/Jack Nicholson

Suggestion: Changing the Heal Rate of the Bacta kit.

Implementation: just find the corresponding file and edit it.

Lore: Just a change.

Workshop content if applicable: Require Development

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: bacta Kit change for  higher rate of healing.

Other: So let me explain it like this. We have the bacta kit, it can be a godsend to have in the battlefield. Idk if it's just me but i feel like we could use a small buff on the healing rate of the kit. I know it must be frustrating *at times* for medics to hear people shouting "MEDIC HEAL ME NOT HIM, FUCK THAT JEDI THEY HAVE FORCE POWERS". 

Im proposing only a small buff like 10-15% more heal rate than what it currently does right now. Medical rp is meant to take a little bit of time but not forever and i just feel like it would help the medics as a whole out. I did look for any posts in the suggestions relating to this and didnt see anything for months/years on this unless im just blind. 

I think the jedis healing powers are far more faster and dont need to be touched so why not let the medics heal just a TAD more faster with their kits and get people back into the fighter a little more faster. 

• Agree 1

spacer.png

• Management
Management

+1 I'm down for it personally though I would like to look at some statistics as well

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1. Medics are getting few and far between. Forget 10-15%, I'd agree to up to a 50% buff to bacta kits.
I deployed with the attack regiment the other day and we had probably 3 medics between 30 people. A good amount of the healing was done by Jedi because Jedi heal much faster than bacta-kitted medics do. We still lost a lot of people and frankly, I think it would make the medics job less boring if they didn't have to stand still and hold left click for as long.

Battalion Commander Doom (Former)

3 hours ago, Jayy said:

A good amount of the healing was done by Jedi because Jedi heal much faster than bacta-kitted medics do.

So jedi OP please nerf (or remove) is what I'm getting.

+1, but how much is too much, we don't want everyone on the server to be able to 0-100 heal in 2 seconds. The perfect area IMO is where if you have one medic pocket healing a trooper, they can still die, but they'll survive a good bit longer under half cover.  Right now it feels like when I pocket heal someone they survive an additional hit or two at most.

• Agree 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

+1 A slight buff would be really helpful. 

2 hours ago, Caidoon said:

Also, I dont think it would hurt to give medics an extra syringe or two in their kits.

This as well. Having only 2 medical syringes is super painful. It's better than only having 1 like before,  but it's still not much if you're the only medic stuck in a group of 20 people screaming "MEDIC!" every 10 seconds.

GMD HA / Guild LT / Dev. Assistant Mavelle 
unknown-8.png

+1 I had a damn line to heal lads during an event yesterday, and I was there for a decent amount of time. When you run out of the medical syringe, it all goes down hill from there!

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

+1 Though I feel 10-15% is too little and 50% might be too much. I think a good 30% buff will help while keeping it from being over powered  

Alpha-98 "Nate" | Alpha-77 "Fordo" | Commander Colt

spacer.png

1 hour ago, JesterQuestion said:

+1 Though I feel 10-15% is too little and 50% might be too much. I think a good 30% buff will help while keeping it from being over powered  

8 hours ago, Jayy said:

+1. Medics are getting few and far between. Forget 10-15%, I'd agree to up to a 50% buff to bacta kits.
I deployed with the attack regiment the other day and we had probably 3 medics between 30 people. A good amount of the healing was done by Jedi because Jedi heal much faster than bacta-kitted medics do. We still lost a lot of people and frankly, I think it would make the medics job less boring if they didn't have to stand still and hold left click for as long.

I understand the wanting 50% but we have to balance it a bit more than that which is why i suggested the 10-15% increase. 
I did a test with @Black for healing with bacta kit vs force heal. I purposefully left out Group heal, as we should all know by now its a multi insta heal.

Bacta Kit itself does around 12-17 Health per second roughly*Keep it in mind i tested on his jedi job, don't know if there is a difference between jedi jobs and clone jobs.*
Force Heal does about 360 Health per second roughly.

Force heal pretty much can insta heal almost all clone jobs unless they have more than 350 hp in which case its nearly 360 per second.

• Winner 1

spacer.png

+1

This would be a great change, especially considering how large the health disparity is between clones and enemies. 

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

-1 - Not all buffs to the player base are good, this is one of them. Somethings are meant to be weaker for the sake of game design: 

Currently, Jedi are already able to insta-heal clones through force powers, this incentivizes both clones and jedi to work together closely. If clones want to continue to push, they need jedi.

There is also the underused syringe that medics carry which has a similar effect to Jedi healing, even if limited use which can keep clones in the fight just as quickly.

Currently most players try to finish events as soon as possible. Whether that be “Leaving to investigate something/regrouping with X” in their PTL/Leaving message when they have no character knowledge nor a reason to leave the base or to B-hop to increase speed to reach the next the pew pew section of an event. Slower healing should be forcing players to be more careful, try to take less damage. Obviously things that are out of our control suck but that’s life.

If you don’t want to waste a minute being healed, try to not get hurt in the first place or don’t wait until you are critical to be healed.

Also: Whenever players get a buff, EJs and NPCs may need to get a buff which means more T-21 2K Hp commando droids with perfect aim, which I know the community loves.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 3
  • Informative 2
Forum Admin

After Baron´s response i gotta say -1.

I think we should be promoting a more tactical atmosphere, rather than a ¨GUN GO BRRR¨ ya know.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

-1 I agree with Baron, just because Jedi can heal quickly doesn't mean clones should too. That would cause Jedi to work less with clones and make Jedi healers a lot less useful. People right now are forced to put a little bit of thought into how they approach a fight, having a significantly more powerful bacta kit would reduce this.

Former:

Jedi Youngling

11 hours ago, Baron said:

-1 - Not all buffs to the player base are good, this is one of them. Somethings are meant to be weaker for the sake of game design: 

Currently, Jedi are already able to insta-heal clones through force powers, this incentivizes both clones and jedi to work together closely. If clones want to continue to push, they need jedi.

There is also the underused syringe that medics carry which has a similar effect to Jedi healing, even if limited use which can keep clones in the fight just as quickly.

I would like to say though that this isn't the only way that jedi interact with clones though (or even other jedi). A guardian branch jedi can still sit on the frontline as a battlefield tank utilizing force power and deflection for oncoming fire while the troopers behind them light up the droids shooting at them. A sage branch jedi can use DS to take out specific NPCs holding an awkward chokepoint for the clones to breakthrough. If a sith/saber event job appears, the jedi will usually take over the forward fighting while clones pull back to either let them fight or offering careful fire to support the jedi. This isn't saying anything of more specific and GM based situations such as jedi helping contain infected individuals with whirlwind, trying to undo forced based trauma/brainwashing on a clone, clones covering (some) jedi weakness against mandalorians with flamers, etc.

11 hours ago, Baron said:

Also: Whenever players get a buff, EJs and NPCs may need to get a buff which means more T-21 2K Hp commando droids with perfect aim, which I know the community loves.

I do agree this would probably be a change for the worse though. As a new player with standard loadout, they might feel like they are doing inconsequential or irrelevant damage while getting lit up in a few moments only to fall back, heal, push up again and repeat the process. It would kind of make the change redundant at that point.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.