Favorite Video Game Soundtrack?

feet

I am a man that appreciates a good soundtrack, a good soundtrack is what really puts together a game! Whether it be a super upbeat and fast pace sounding instrumental that really gets your blood pumping for some fast action sequences, a dark mellow tone that really puts you in the 'creepy' mood or even a chill happy beat that flows through your veins and gives you goosebumps as you remember sitting on the floor looking up at that tv on a Saturday morning with your waffles and orange juice right next to you every time you re-listen to it! Please by all means, share with me some of your favorites!! Ill share some of mine:

Super Mario 64 - Dire Dire Docks:

Street Fighter 4 - Opening Theme:

Super Mario Sunshine - Mecha-Bowser:

Muppets Party Cruise - Floyd's Pink Balls:

Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi - Adventurous Spirit:

• Winner 1
1 minute ago, Taz said:

Legit the ENTIRETY of Beyond Light's soundtrack is good. Some of my top picks from BL has got to be DSL and these: 

Main theme

Taniks boss music from DSC

Atraks-1 boss music from DSC

no clue what this is from but its good

and yall already know, FALLEN EMPIRE

damn straight, BL overall is just great and these as well are staples, good fucking taste mane 

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Taz said:

@Vicodin fuck it you got me started on forsaken music

main theme, memories from 2018 :peepoLove:

gunslinger AKA the fucking goat of Forsaken 

THE FANATIC BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

My all time favorite from Forsaken.

this shit is way too good to be 55 seconds

man i still remember getting the new Supers while this shit blasted

This comes really close to my other favorite

you're flooding me with nostalgia :PepeHands: 

• Agree 1

*agressively cracks knuckles*

3 Houses Main theme SSBU

God Shattering Star

Unfinished Business AKA the song that plays once in the entire game and doesnt even loop despite being one of the best

Zanza the divine

VS Scissors

Devil Trigger

Bury the MOTHER FUCKIN LIGHT

Adventures end

those are some of the best i'd add more but i dont wanna clog up the thread to much just look at the play list if you wanna see my favs

Edited by Ccmonty

I was gonna post the Metal Gear RIsing OST, but that was already posted. Here's some bangers from the Yakuza 0 Disco Song playlist. The rest of the soundtrack is bangin too but this video is great

Edited by Johnson

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

Dark Souls music is pretty fucking killer.

And the aforementioned Doom 2016 and Eternal.

Also Monster Hunter World and Rise has some pretty good music.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

The force unleashed 1 & 2 had bangers 

Super Mario 64 

My arms hurt so I’m not gonna finish this list

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Oh boy, did I take a wonderful trip down memory lane while getting everything together for this post. (P.S. thank you, super cool idea for a post, I'm so glad to have rediscovered my love for some of these soundtracks). Anywho, my list is as follows:

I used to play this game all the time growing up and hearing the music just take me back to staying in while it was raining outside and pouring my entire afternoon into this amazing game. I love the entire soundtrack, but the Overworld Theme (4:05 on the Video) is beautifully perfect.

Another classic thing I used to play as a kid, it was one of the other SNES things we had downloaded on our computer. I don't remember much about playing this game, but I remember having a blast and enjoying the music. The main theme is awesome (00:08 on the Video).

Super Mario Galaxy was a game that I loved growing up, partially because of the music. I mean I'd leave this game running and just let it play. Absolutely fantastic. Into the Galaxy (10:33 on the Video) is my favorite by far, but everything in here is pretty cool.

Wii was awesome, it was a game that you'd play with friends, family, I mean I don't know anyone who hasn't played Wii Sports. The Title Screen Theme (00:05 on the Video) might not be the best thing out there, but it's certainly a classic. Wii Shop Theme is a close second to this for me, but I won't list it here.

Stronghold is one of the lesser known games, but Stronghold, Stronghold Crusader, and Stronghold Legends were my first introduction to Strategy Games, which I absolutely love. I highly recommend the Crusader and Legends soundtracks as well, but I think everything from the original game's soundtrack is a banger. Matt's Jig (21:52 on the Video) is pretty epic.

I'd be surprised if anyone disagreed with this... Vode An is simply amazing. That's all that needs to be said.

Red Alert is popular partially for its Soundtrack all by itself, and it's no surprise. This soundtrack is awesome. I mean, Hell March (00:00 on the Video) is amazing. I don't remember much about this, mostly because I played Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars the most as opposed to the Red Alert games, but this soundtrack stands out to me as awesome.

Need I say more?

Medal of Honor holds a very special place in my heart, alongside the original Call of Duty games. They were games my Grandfather played when I was younger, and they were games that I picked up fairly quickly. Medal of Honor was unique, they were amazing games with stories and mechanics that revolutionized the shooter industry. E.A. totally ruined this franchise and it's heartbreaking that these games are dead now, but their soundtracks still stand out to me as simply beautiful. These songs just ignite my passion for history in a way that not much other music can. For the original game, I love the main theme (00:00 on the Video) and for Pacific Assault I love the Classic Theme (2:15 on the Video). Much like Super Mario Galaxy, I'd just leave these games running and listen to the music. 

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

These are some my favorites and some are absolutely nostalgic to me

this was such an awesome OST, always got me excited to jump in and hear someone call another person a racial slur

one of my favorite games of all time, 

btw Katana Zero is an absolute gem, highly recommend it :D

uhhh...there's too many so im gonna end it right here :

Edited by Neptune
minor spelling mistake that annoyed me lmao
  • Winner 1

Hi, I'm Neptune

winkwink- Tumblr posts - Tumbig.com

Nintendo games are usually always banging, especially mario

Terraria, Undertale, & Minecraft are some of the best indie soundtracks

And Doom is the only Metal I will ever listen to unironically 

And TF2 has a pretty underrated soundtrack, like every valve title

There is a reason most of the best soundtracks are popular and well known, cause they're so fucking good.

No one fucks with PvZ tho, still have it downloaded on spotify

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

I forgot to include this in the original post.

this is the song sung by an awesome character after completing probably the best companion quest in any RPG  I’ve ever played. I’ve never before just sat there and listened to a full song sung by a character but dear god it was amazing.

warhammer 2 music isn’t always special but damn this one is good.

While DAI had some issues IMO, this scene was beautiful and the games soundtrack is also very good.

Great fucking music, great game.

I need to make a list of recommended games for summer cause good god I got a lot

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

I have many more, but I am too lazy to find them

Also, while searching I got hit by nostalgia. (was fucking scared shitless at the end round yells at 1.50 when I played it as a child )

ALSO AT 4:50 IS THAT FUCKING OBI WAN XDDDD

Edited by Cutlaw
BLOODY OBI WAN WITH A MINIGUN
On 4/23/2021 at 7:22 PM, Foxey said:

Oh boy, did I take a wonderful trip down memory lane while getting everything together for this post. (P.S. thank you, super cool idea for a post, I'm so glad to have rediscovered my love for some of these soundtracks). Anywho, my list is as follows:

I used to play this game all the time growing up and hearing the music just take me back to staying in while it was raining outside and pouring my entire afternoon into this amazing game. I love the entire soundtrack, but the Overworld Theme (4:05 on the Video) is beautifully perfect.

Another classic thing I used to play as a kid, it was one of the other SNES things we had downloaded on our computer. I don't remember much about playing this game, but I remember having a blast and enjoying the music. The main theme is awesome (00:08 on the Video).

Super Mario Galaxy was a game that I loved growing up, partially because of the music. I mean I'd leave this game running and just let it play. Absolutely fantastic. Into the Galaxy (10:33 on the Video) is my favorite by far, but everything in here is pretty cool.

Wii was awesome, it was a game that you'd play with friends, family, I mean I don't know anyone who hasn't played Wii Sports. The Title Screen Theme (00:05 on the Video) might not be the best thing out there, but it's certainly a classic. Wii Shop Theme is a close second to this for me, but I won't list it here.

Stronghold is one of the lesser known games, but Stronghold, Stronghold Crusader, and Stronghold Legends were my first introduction to Strategy Games, which I absolutely love. I highly recommend the Crusader and Legends soundtracks as well, but I think everything from the original game's soundtrack is a banger. Matt's Jig (21:52 on the Video) is pretty epic.

I'd be surprised if anyone disagreed with this... Vode An is simply amazing. That's all that needs to be said.

Red Alert is popular partially for its Soundtrack all by itself, and it's no surprise. This soundtrack is awesome. I mean, Hell March (00:00 on the Video) is amazing. I don't remember much about this, mostly because I played Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars the most as opposed to the Red Alert games, but this soundtrack stands out to me as awesome.

Need I say more?

Medal of Honor holds a very special place in my heart, alongside the original Call of Duty games. They were games my Grandfather played when I was younger, and they were games that I picked up fairly quickly. Medal of Honor was unique, they were amazing games with stories and mechanics that revolutionized the shooter industry. E.A. totally ruined this franchise and it's heartbreaking that these games are dead now, but their soundtracks still stand out to me as simply beautiful. These songs just ignite my passion for history in a way that not much other music can. For the original game, I love the main theme (00:00 on the Video) and for Pacific Assault I love the Classic Theme (2:15 on the Video). Much like Super Mario Galaxy, I'd just leave these games running and listen to the music. 

ON GOD THE FUCKING MARIO GALAXY SOUNDTRACK GAS AS FUCK...  so many good memories

• Agree 1

spacer.png

I never really pay attention to Video game soundtracks except for one

I fuckin love the Undertale Soundtrack. It can go from being a calm ass music to making you rock out. Don't judge me, I fucking love this games Soundtrack!

Full Soundtrack: 

Best Calm music: 

Undertale - 

Best Rock out music: 
Hopes & Dreams -  

Finale - 

• Disagree 1

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA