Odric's BCMD Fox App

OdricSteel

Steam Name: DARKontheSIDE

RP Name: Thorn

RP Rank: Commander

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:184615368

Battalion or squad you are applying for: Coruscant Guard

Experience:

I have been part of CG for almost a year now, enforcing the rules swiftly but fairly, I have been Thorn for a good 2 months at least. CG has always been a home away from home for me, from the people inside and outside in other battalions to the intel and guarding the important people around base, there is nowhere else I'd rather be on server. I am the Specialization Overseer, I have worked my way up from being MEDO to MEDL and basically reviving the MEDs, did some HVY work and been improving ARCs, HVY, MED and TK with the help of my comrades in thoughts branches, I also was the Disciplinary Overseer for a short while whilst we sorted the officer structure within CG. Starting as a SGM and working my way upto the Command position you see me as today, meeting new people, making new friends, joining together for a better community.

212th was my first Battalion, they showed me the ropes and even accepted me. I can admit my early days were alil minjy, and have been arrested on multiple occasions HOWEVER, they taught me, they push me in the right direction and I will never forget my origins, I'm proud to call them my clone brothers. I was CSM, HVYO with them who brought numbers, activity to the branch and was even considered for Ghost Company before I transfered to CG.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

Though my service to the army to the roughest times recently... I have remained loyal, trustworthy, reliable and dedicated to the server and its rules. Staying with CG though its ups and downs no matter how difficult some cases may have been. I inspire my troops to be the BEST they can be and I understand their desires, ideas, and passions. I am honest, don't beat around the bush and let people know how i'm feeling, when something is wrong I take the appropriate actions where necessary. I’m a very approachable man, mello but firm. I give 10 f’s when something isgoing wrong and it gets sorted immediately with amazing results as seen with my recent meetings with my Spec Officers and Leads, continuously working on the longer term decisions to get the best for the battalion and for the people who love to be here. I acknowledge the problems that CG have like the rincing people get with arrests even some CG not responding immediately which is swiftly being redeemed. Not only that but I have seen first hand ups and downs from 5 different Foxes and how they dealt with the situations, I have learned alot from them.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:

I have a great knowledge of my battalion and it's lore. From Commander Fox and several shock troopers arresting Ziro, rescuing Senator Amidala. To the arrest of Ahsoka, even to events after the “big day”.

Availability:

I am available from 1pm EST to 8pm EST, (I'm in a bri'ish time zone)

Some days I'll be online earlier or i'll stay online later depending on my days off.

Discord: I am available at any time.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: I'd say over 1000 hours at least.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes I do.

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:

Where to begin with this one, other than the usual, y'know like more numbers, more training, activity, so-on-so-forth.

CG will become the centre when people want help. It is time not for revival or the old ways, but for Improvement, for better understanding and for the members of my battalion, a sense of belonging. People have been down with recent events from lack of communication, to inactivity, to outright being put down for doing something that they volunteered to do.
SO with that said, my term will be dedicated to improving the face of CG and it’s members, to helping battalions in RP or with rules. To reduce tensions between members.
By the end of my term, CG will be alive and it members wanting to get online without worrying about “doing a job” or just standing around, yes we are a vital part of the server and it’s rule enforcement but we come on to have fun, members will be comfortable when joining in events and talking to people, CGs enlisted to SNCO members will have a vast knowledge of situations and how to resolve issues with the best results.
I acknowledge that arrest and investigations can be a drain to do, 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

I fully understand and have no intentions to let my team down.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:

I understand fully.

Edited by DARKontheSIDE
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

- Commander Fox - (Former)
spacer.png

CGs current activity is let's just say not good, honestly it's activity that would get other battalions removed, but as you are an essential part of the server that most likely will not happen. From what I have seen is a very stagnant command and battalion as a whole. As you are a commander what have you done to remedy this in your time as one? How do you plan on fixing it? As well activity wise I see you on time to time but that may be a timezone thing but I have heard complaints about activity concerning the command of CG as a whole in recent memory. How do you plan on fixing that?

Edited by justuscloud5

That's a reasonable question, the activity of the enlisted and NCOs are a reflection of the officers and more so on command activity. Currerently we have a problem with this as we are fully awear. we have been and plan to combat this by not only being a Fox who is active and supportive of my troopers, who is able to adapt to change and accept it, but to be hosting exciting and challanging training and being a role modal of CG by Hosting try-outs, attending events, meetings and being active every day. I will be enforcing and rewarding activity, have been currently monitoring it though out the battalion and have taken steps to encorage our troops to jump on with extra oppertunitys to progress.

Edited by DARKontheSIDE

spacer.png

+1

From the limited interactions with you I’ve seen your willingness to succeed, as well as how you lead. You’re a cool dude and no doubt know how much weight is on your shoulders. Work on your activity as well as CG’s. You’ll get there! 

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1 Odric is a type of person that u can talk to, whenever i had anything to do in a 501st -  CG relations and had to chat with Odric i only recieved positive energy back. I feel like u will do great, good luck on your interview!

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

• Management

+1 I think you'd do good. I know we don't see each other often due to timezone and CG has been in a rough spot so I hope you're prepared to work your ass off to get it out. 

Best of luck!

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 after that response I can see where you are going but remember events wont do everything for you, you have to respond to change in the servers climate and loosen up shock a little bit to meet a standard, as well if you have requirements in the battalion with the current stagnation they will hold you back. Seeing your response and openness for change I believe you can do it

A solid CG to work with, always helpful and profesional in his RP. A good commander from my POV. Being BCMD from an EU timezone can be hard, aslong as you have good communication and some solid US timezone officers that you trust it will work. Aslong as CGs members look up to him and support him then he'd be a fantastic Fox. 
+1
Best of luck!

Papa Kal

100% a +1

Ive known odric for a long time on synergy and I can say he’s definitely ready for this and I believe he will do fantastic. You’re a great guy with admirable ambition and I think you can get CG out of a dark spot.

Good luck mate.

Discord: Mason#2710

I'm definitely leaning towards supporting this overall, but I'd like something cleared up before I vote.

@DARKontheSIDE
Historically CG hasn't exactly been the most forgiving / lenient when it comes to arrests being issued, and in-fact many times an arrest has been carried out that has been borderline or legitimately ridiculous. Given that the server now has a clearly defined direction- that direction being AWAY from gotcha-culture and spam-AOSes, how would you plan to interpret the new rules on the server? Will CG be expected to carry out every AOS without investigating its validity? Will certain rules that are written down be enforced by the baton rather than by word and warning? I'd like to understand the general philosophy that the server's law enforcement will operate under while you are Fox. 

• Agree 1

Thank you for you question @Foxey and a great question it is.

Firstly, times of Arrest ON Sight have always been a sore subject and it can get fired very quickly, AOS's have up untill recently have been arrest first, ask questions later, in some cases this will still need to be carried out, for example, if the rule enforcers of the server have been AOS'd for straight up, rage fueled MRDM then it needs to be taken care of IMMEDATLY, an investigation would then commence with the partys involved... with my knowledge today I have and will be enforcing a more understanding and helping nature to the AOS side of this. Warning will be provided to members before arrest and it will ofcoarse be the respective Officers of the battalions to take it which way they want, weather that be PT or they just say dont do it again. New CTs for example if it is seen they are struggling, fair they will be warned but then we will offer to guide them to what they can and should not do around server, signs that should be adheard to and any fun tips that will help them find their time smoother. At the end of the day alil understanding to each player and guidance is 10x more effective then throwing them into a cramped cell that they will get frustrated with. Thats not good for anyone. If the warnings are not geting though we will have to enforce the rules and arrest and a short but respectful reason will be provided.

Edited by DARKontheSIDE
  • Winner 2

spacer.png

+1 good luck mad lad

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1

The man I am leaving CG to now. I did well in my first term, reviving the battalion to nigh glory days, but then it tapered off because of my inability to stay active to the same degree as my first term. College, stress, shyness, and very much towards the end, lack of enjoyment. I did what I set out to do, fixed the command corp so it can fix itself, but I can't stick around any longer than I have to now or my life will take a hit for it. You got a few good officers to start your term with and many more promising candidates on the way up, a solid Commander at your side, along with plenty of fresh recruits spilling in by the day.

People will probably trash me for the end of my second term while completely ignoring the good that I did before then, which is say la vie, but you are gonna have a much better start than I did this time around. I believe in you to make the best of it and succeed where I failed in the end. I wish you the best of luck buddy.

+1 good luck

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

On 3/26/2021 at 7:42 PM, DARKontheSIDE said:

Thank you for you question @Foxey and a great question it is.

Firstly, times of Arrest ON Sight have always been a sore subject and it can get fired very quickly, AOS's have up untill recently have been arrest first, ask questions later, in some cases this will still need to be carried out, for example, if the rule enforcers of the server have been AOS'd for straight up, rage fueled MRDM then it needs to be taken care of IMMEDATLY, an investigation would then commence with the partys involved... with my knowledge today I have and will be enforcing a more understanding and helping nature to the AOS side of this. Warning will be provided to members before arrest and it will ofcoarse be the respective Officers of the battalions to take it which way they want, weather that be PT or they just say dont do it again. New CTs for example if it is seen they are struggling, fair they will be warned but then we will offer to guide them to what they can and should not do around server, signs that should be adheard to and any fun tips that will help them find their time smoother. At the end of the day alil understanding to each player and guidance is 10x more effective then throwing them into a cramped cell that they will get frustrated with. Thats not good for anyone. If the warnings are not geting though we will have to enforce the rules and arrest and a short but respectful reason will be provided.

+1

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

@Starfox In answer to your question I would say my first 3 prioritys would have to be Reworking some CG documents to make them upto date, easier to read and accessable to the relitive people. Next is working with the directors and Regimental lead about the blacklist, not gonna go to much into detail aboiut this for now. Finally it would be specilisations, appointing willing and able leads, mainly focusing on MEDs, PLTs and HVYs, we are lacking in numbers for these amazing and essencial Reg's, some of the members have brought up some ideas I would like to see in action that will improve their RP expiriance. 

These are only 3 of the things that I will acomplish for my troops.

Edited by DARKontheSIDE

spacer.png

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Congratulations, You have been Accepted for Interview
You have until the 6th of April to Contact a Director + to conduct your interview
//Locked
//Moved to Pending

• Agree 1
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

Congratulations, You have been Accepted for BCMD Fox
Your Term Ends 7/4/2021 (MERICA)
//Locked
//Moved to Accepted