Bro's Cody Application

Bro

Steam Name: Bro

RP Name:  GC Support Overseer Colonel Gearshift

Steam ID (SteamID Finder): STEAM_0:1:437706712

Battalion or squad you are applying for: Commander Cody

Experience:
Engineer Lead of the 212th

Since I’ve become an engineer as a PFC I’ve put my sweat and soul into engineering and into the battalion, increasing engineer activity in and outside the battalion. Pushing forward roleplay is what I’ve supported since day one of the training moving up the ranks of engineering and even through Naval at the time. Within my time of Engineer Leader I at one point had a max total of sixteen engineers on roster. I feel as though my time as a leader of the Engineers both inside and outside the 212th has helped me discover a great potential in my capabilities in leadership.

212th Engineering to 2nd Airborne

When I was recruited into the 2ndAC it was during a time where the sub-unit was at a low. When the lack of activity was showing the Commanders were forced to get rid of a sub-unit. Unfortunately it was going to be 2ndAC. This had frustrated me and so I went and asked the current Cody(Perri) to become a 2ndAC Sergeant in order to help possibly revive the unit. Within a week I had recruited fifteen members into the 2ndAC, and activity pushing the unit into a much better position. Which earned me the rank and lore name 2ndACXO Bear leader of the Parjai squad. Shortly the sub-unit started to run smoothly. We were no longer on the chopping block, and instead the 2ndAC was to remain. With further work I was allowed the right to revive and remake the elite Parjai Squad. Where initiates are pushed to their limits while also becoming good leaders for the battalion and server the itself. With Parjai’s help 2ndAC has been well trained and organized and have pushed further to  help the battalion and raise their standard in combat and in roleplay.

Engineer Leader to Support Overseer

Due to my accomplishments with the engineering regiment and the work I’ve done with other support leaders I was made the Support Overseer of all of the support classes. I made a great effort to push all three regiments on completing their own tryout docs and put active leaders into each position. I still maintain this with my leaders in place. Who are all currently thriving.

Engineer Manager to Chief of Engineering

As a clone of the 212th, I’ve taken my roleplay with engineering further out into other battalions where Admiral Yularen recognised my work and asked me to become his Engineer Manager. With the help of other Naval members we worked to create a Engineering Document and new Engineering Handbook. Due to my work and success with the Engineering Handbook I was made Chief of Engineering. I layed down a foundation for all those who are to come after me so that they may thrive, helped advise, and guide Chiefs of Engineering since.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: My passion has always been in the 212th. I am committed to lead the entirety of the 212th, and to lead well. I know to the fullest how the battalion runs in and out. I am ready to take the next step and to fulfill what is expected of someone who is Cody and beyond. I want to work with other battalions to accomplish more than just our mission, but a camaraderie between all other battalions.

The 212th has been a family to me ever since I started and I've seen, observed, and learned a lot in my time with the battalion. I should be the the commander because I can bring that family feel for everyone in the 212th. I feel I am able to raise the standard of the 212th in roleplay and in combat showing we can handle anything that comes our way.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:  I understand the Canon lore on the 212th, 2nd Airborne Company and Ghost Company.

Availability:  24/7 on discord On June 10th I’ll be back in America where I can be conta in TeamSpeak Monday/Tuesday/ Wednesday/Thursday (6pm-12pm EST) Friday Saturday (8pm-3am) Sunday (Varies past noon)

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:  1942:59:45. 2/24/2019

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:I want to bring fun and roleplay back into the battalion and have it thrive on combat skills and Roleplay skills. I also want it to be more fun for people to log on and hang out with the 212th like a family. I pride myself on trying to make the battalion more like a family and I think if the battalion feels more like a family the better we are as a unit. I want the 212th to be full of bright future leaders like it has been and encourage people to push themselves in the situations brought to them. So when it is all over I know that the 212th Attack Battalion are fighting their hardest with the brothers they care about in the front lines for the Republic!

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes I do.

Edited by Bro
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 3

One of the biggest +1s I can give. I've known you for a long while now buddy and I'm glad to see you going for the position. 

Bro is not only a great leader but a great person. His leadership is represented through his battalion. The well oiled machine that is the 212th I'm sure would be happy to have Bro as their BCMD. This man is one of the most loyal people I've ever met. His undying loyalty to the 212th is unprecedented. Even after my never ending attempts to fish him. 

+1

Good luck buckaroo!

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

+1 Greatest choice for Cody at this moment in time, there’s no doubt in my mind or in the mind of many other people within the server, that Bro will not only grow and improve upon 212th, but he will also fix some problems that we’ve been having for most of my career within the 212th.

• Friendly 1

neutral i've gone to know both of you so well  and im going to stay neutral Bro can whip anything into shape DHG ENG Support branch can pic the right people to lead them I will be following close with who ever gets the spot   

• Friendly 1
Banned

Fat +1 Good luck my dude

• Friendly 1

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

+1 you have been there for me ever since I got onto the server. From being the man to give me my first recommendations/shoutout, to being my brother trooper in battle. Good luck my friend 

• Friendly 1

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

Bro you are an amazing guy and a good leader but unfortunately I just can’t support you as the next Cody, in any organisation which has a leadership position with the power to do everything within that organisation it’s important to keep the same people in power if that person has proven to be successful, the reason for this is when a change in leadership occurs the organisation experiences too much drastic changes, once you find yourself in a position of power you start abolishing policies and systems which the previous leader has adopted thus undoing months of work  (systems, docs and other procedures) that the previous leader has put in the battalion not only is this ineffective as every time a change in leadership happens we pretty much see a new version of almost everything just because  each person has their own idea of how things should be run not to mention it’s a total gamble for HC to replace someone who’s already proven effective based on evidence such as high battalion numbers, an amazing officer corps and overall happiness within the battalion with someone who only holds promises to deliver the same things. It’s obvious you wish to change things In order to achieve what you stated in your “where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term” but the things you are mentioning are already there and there’s no guarantee because by changing the way things run you are expecting the outcome to be different which is pointless as things are good as they are. Nothing personal I believe you are fit for the position but we don’t need a change in leadership as it’s almost certain that with change things will only get worse, right applicant wrong time as they say if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it 

• Disagree 1
  • Winner 2
  • Friendly 2

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

1 hour ago, Nade Jones said:

Bro you are an amazing guy and a good leader but unfortunately I just can’t support you as the next Cody, in any organisation which has a leadership position with the power to do everything within that organisation it’s important to keep the same people in power if that person has proven to be successful, the reason for this is when a change in leadership occurs the organisation experiences too much drastic changes, once you find yourself in a position of power you start abolishing policies and systems which the previous leader has adopted thus undoing months of work  (systems, docs and other procedures) that the previous leader has put in the battalion not only is this ineffective as every time a change in leadership happens we pretty much see a new version of almost everything just because  each person has their own idea of how things should be run not to mention it’s a total gamble for HC to replace someone who’s already proven effective based on evidence such as high battalion numbers, an amazing officer corps and overall happiness within the battalion with someone who only holds promises to deliver the same things. It’s obvious you wish to change things In order to achieve what you stated in your “where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term” but the things you are mentioning are already there and there’s no guarantee because by changing the way things run you are expecting the outcome to be different which is pointless as things are good as they are. Nothing personal I believe you are fit for the position but we don’t need a change in leadership as it’s almost certain that with change things will only get worse, right applicant wrong time as they say if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it 

I'm going to have to go with Nade on this. Right now the 212th is in a great place and doesn't really need change. We have systems in place that work and people in places doing what they need to do. Concerns that people are voicing are being heard and every time I join the TS there's laughing unless theres an event and people are taking it serious. Everyone in the battalion is interacting with everyone and having a good time. Theres no need for change.

• Friendly 1

+1, I believe change can also be good for the battalion if implemented properly. I believe Bro is capable of great things in a postion of authority over a battalion.
I also disagree with shooting an application down for the sole reason of someone "being a different person" and thus having a different opinion about how a battalion should be ran.

• Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

+1

Bro is literally the reason I stayed on Synergy due to his amazing kind personality yet also serious tone when he needs to be. Also I disagree with what Nade said, as in my opinion, 212th has become worse due to some decisions from our current commander. All of those decisions, of course, have had their reasons and justifications but I along with many others in the battalion disagree with the way things are going and think that it is time for a new Cody. 

Edited by CarrotMist
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Basically what nade said. 212th is in a suitable place that would possibly change for the worse if a new BCMD steps in and takes over. If it gets better, cool, but the risk to reward isnt that great. If a new BCMD comes in and it goes to shit, 212th will crack. If a new BCMD comes in and makes it better, not many changes. It is just adding more to something already great as it is. Keeping striker is, in my opinion, more beneficial to 212th in the long run.

• Friendly 1

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

Neutral for now I haven't seen much of either of you on the server even in my time as DU or BO but best of luck to both. 

• Friendly 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1

• Friendly 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

On 5/28/2019 at 5:13 AM, Nade Jones said:

Nade does have a good point. I like you Bro you put the Support branches in a good place and I just can't stretch this enough but 212th has been doing good. And i think you are ready for Cody next term. I wish you best of luck but i dont think yet buddy. Hope we still stay friends ;)

• Friendly 1

Big +1 to Bro. Bro is probably one of the most friendly, approachable, wise, intelligent, and caring people I have met on the server. He is very accepting to criticism, and works great with everyone in the 212th and in Base Ops. As a leader, he is impeccable. His orders are clear, understandable, logical, and always seek to involve everyone in the situation to the greatest extent possible. As a support overseer, Bro has transformed the 212th support regiments into groups that are not only worth joining, but groups that can thrive and build upon themselves without external help. His RP is also amazing (I still tear up laughing thinking about the amazing old man Bro RP, lol).

I cannot stress enough how charismatic and wonderful this guy is; he's a great choice for commander Cody. 

TL;DR - +1 to Bro, good luck!

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

+1  Bro has done so much for this battalion in the 8 months that I have known him. It was his dedication the revived the long dead 2ndAC branch back in December and it was his dedication that always kept the support branch running at peak performance.  Bro has done so much hard work for this battalion, and he has in my opinion earned his place as Commander Cody. He always listens to someones opinion no matter the rank, and I have never seen him get genuinely upset at anyone for a mistake they made. He instead lectures them in a calm but stern voice , telling that how to be better, and always listening and understand their point of view.  He always shows effort to improve the quality of the battalion in any way he can (Working on his own clone voice for RP to get people more into it for example).  His open minded attitude has always helped bring so much more to the battalion(Transforming Parjai squad into a more commando-like unit with specified roles, or suggestions to add more documents to improve the quality of 212th medics< as the former MEDL this particular part was very apparent and very helpful in making the 212th medics so much more fun to be apart of). During his time as SUPO and 2ndACXO he was able to manage both of them extremely well, always making sure both were active and participating on the server day to day with training's, quality RP and events.
Now I just want to take a short moment to address some of the reasons for -1's . I think that the down flaws in a change of leadership is largely over exaggerated, and I don't think that 212th is in all that great of a place right now. I've talked to a few very dedicated members of the 212th (not going to name any names) and many have them have the same concerns I do. Now i am not incompetent, I do know that changes in leadership can have adverse negative results, but in this situation, I think the 212th can really benefit from a change in leadership. Now this isn't to knock Striker at all he has done alot of great work to help keep the battalion going. But many people in the battalion that I have talked to have always felt that Bro was always given to short end of the stick, when his dedication to the battalion warranted more. Many people already/had viewed Bro in the light of being a commander position if not Commander Cody, something as of yet he has been denied repeatedly.  Now that last thing that I would like to add onto this part is that as I said before, Bro is a very capable leader and he has dealt with heated situations like this before. I have full confidence that any trouble presented from Bro being made Cody, can be dealt with without fuss and drama by Bro.

Now I know this is alot to read but I just wanted to share my point of view on why Bro should become Cody, based off things that have developed over the past few months. I hope that some of the things I have said will matter in some way for the end result. I wish the best of luck to you Bro!

Edited by Col
  • Agree 6
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

+1 As a former forced positioned 327th Star Corps Mustard Battalion Junior Officer/Shock Defect. 
I believe, bro you will do a fantastic job, in the hardships of others *ahem* including myself and poe, trying to lure you into 327th, you said "fuck no, i devote for the kids in the battalion." 

Bruh

I had to search the forums just to find your application, best of luck future BCMD @Bro!

Best of luvs.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

After talking to Bro about what his plans are

+1 I believe both candidates are well fit for the job, I want to give them an equal opportunity from me because I think they both deserve it.

In my opinion, 212th will have a bright future with either one of them as Cody.

Lastly, Bro, don't do a better job than me, I wanna be remembered as the Jewish Cody.

Many kisses ❤️ Love ya

Edited by BlackMamba
Changed from neutral to +1
  • Friendly 1
  • 2 weeks later...