banned from spoiling endgame

CTPCookie

DO NOT REPLY TO YOUR APPEAL UNLESS ANSWERING A QUESTION.

DO NOT CONTACT DIRECTORS+ ABOUT THE STATUS OF YOUR APPEAL

RP Name/Steam Name: 91st JTT PFC  CTPCookie
Steam ID: baconmustache2013
Date of Ban: 4/28/19
Length of Ban: 1 month
Offense: spoiling a movie
Banned By: Ordo
Why should we unban you/shorten the ban period?: i am a very serious and dedicated roleplayer when it comes to star wars rp. i am new to the server i just now joined yesterday so i was not aware of the rules of spoiling movies i do reconize that it was wrong of me to say that although i did say it in OOC it was still wrong of me. I do have a problem that somethings i say may come out that i dont mean to say or that i dont know if its right or wrong. but that is irrelevant
Evidence to support your claims: I just joined yesterday.

CWRP    CTPCookie  Ban Appeal.                                                          

Edited by CTPCookie
cleaning the appeal

+1 Extremely dumb and kind of a dick move? Yes. BUT I will say this, he literally joined yesterday and was given no indication of the rule. As far as I can tell, hes a good dude when it comes down to being serious and if he had known the rule he would not have done it. I hope that he can be unbanned or at least be given a reduction.

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 7

Not even talking about rules its fucking common human courtesy to not be a dick and spoilt shit

• Agree 8

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

12 minutes ago, Nade Jones said:

Not even talking about rules its fucking common human courtesy to not be a dick and spoilt shit

Yes i agree it is common decency but it should be put out that you can get banned for something like that

Edited by CTPCookie
  • Agree 2
20 hours ago, Jax said:

+1 Extremely dumb and kind of a dick move? Yes. BUT I will say this, he literally joined yesterday and was given no indication of the rule. As far as I can tell, hes a good dude when it comes down to being serious and if he had known the rule he would not have done it. I hope that he can be unbanned or at least be given a reduction.

There is an idea in law, that's called the Reasonable Person Standard 

pretty much implies that a level headed person would understand common rules and ideas to be considered bad/ not allowed.

I would very easily classify spoiling movies on a community as part of the reasonable person standard, as any reasonable person would know that spoiling a movie that is widely popular for others is wrong and it does not have to be written down or explained to them. 

Some people wait months or years for movies to come out, and for someone to decide to discuss it publicly when it just released is 'fucking retarded' 

-1 being banned for 1 month is gracious of the community in my opinion. 

(its also sad that y'all actually put it in the CC room as a rule, very unnecessary)

20 hours ago, CTPCookie said:

Yes i agree it is common decency but it should be put out that you can get banned for something like that

'Ignorance' is not a good defense

Edited by Sock Monkey
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Winner 2

:)

4 minutes ago, CTPCookie said:

Its your responsibility to read the rules upon joining the server

• Agree 2

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

1 hour ago, Nade Jones said:

Its your responsibility to read the rules upon joining the server

I was literally just about to say this. It is the responsibility of each and every player to know the rules and regulations of the server that they play on. Ignorance by your own fault isn't going to save you from a dick move like that. It's a -1 from me.

Edited by [SR] Moros [NA]
  • Agree 2

I understand consequences to actions taken however it was not told to him about this rule even when put through the beginning training. I understand he did a dick move for spoiling a movie and it does come with consequences but in my opinion he made a mistake and if his mistake was a month ban with a perma blacklist from a battalion is a little harsh imo. It just seems the punishment doesn't fit the crime for this type of mistake as we all make them. 

• Agree 2
  • Management
Management

I literally got done talking in OOC about how people can receive a ban for spoiling and meming about spoiling. Literally 30 seconds after me warning another player for meming it, you proceeded to drop a spoil. I won't make any hints as to whether said spoiler was true or not, and if it was a big spoiler because some people did see what you said and I don't want to confirm or deny what you said as I have seen the movie.

• Agree 3

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

45 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I literally got done talking in OOC about how people can receive a ban for spoiling and meming about spoiling. Literally 30 seconds after me warning another player for meming it, you proceeded to drop a spoil. I won't make any hints as to whether said spoiler was true or not, and if it was a big spoiler because some people did see what you said and I don't want to confirm or deny what you said as I have seen the movie.

-1 If what Marvel said is true, you knew exactly what you were doing. You know what you did. Wait out the ban.

• Agree 2

-1 That’s a no from me dog

• Agree 2

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Banned

make it a fuckin perma

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

+1 If it was any other movie I doubt anyone would care.  "Holy shit! The dog from the first Secret Life Of Pets finally finds his owner in the second one that comes out this Summer! Holy shit!!!"  The rule is vague because it was made for just two highly anticipated movies, when you check discords it states it for all movies. The official rule document was not updated prior to the release of the film.  Foolish to just add a rule just to remove it a month later.  Dumb to ban someone over this for anything over a week.  

Edited by Stockings
Added some reasoning.
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Winner 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

-1, What Monty said. I would’ve been so fucking pissed if I was on. 

Spoiling the most hyped movie of 2019 is a ez clap from Synergy.

• Agree 3

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

-1 You spoiled the movie to ruin it for others, you're just one of those people who like to ruin something for others, enjoy your ban "friend" as it is well deserved. Where I am at people have been beaten up for spoiling the movie, don't be that guy.

• Agree 1

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

12 hours ago, [SR] Moros [NA] said:

I was literally just about to say this. It is the responsibility of each and every player to know the rules and regulations of the server that they play on. Ignorance by your own fault isn't going to save you from a dick move like that. It's a -1 from me.

Exactly what i was thinking, -1 doode.

Also i wacthed endgame yesterday (24:00 to 3am oof) if someone were to spoil it for me 2 i would go for their heads.....anyone know how much is a hitman worth nowdays xd?

• Agree 1

I might be wrong, but the only reason this was put in place for was when The last jedi came out and we didn't want spoilers. I personally agree and disagree with this ban

He could've gotten a kick or warning from staff, not just straight ban. There is literally other ways to handle and from what it seems people yelled then banned him. 

Maybe a reduction of the ban to like 3 days or something but, not a month. 

Edited by LixCoffee
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

You spoiled one of the BEST movies that has been released in for ever, people have waited over a year for.

"so i was not aware of the rules of spoiling movies" 

You could have maybe stopped and thought before you spoke, rather then spoiling this amazing movie. 

I cant give a + or - 1 on since I dont play gaymod. But this was a dick move none the less, coming from the biggest ex-dick of the server. 

• Agree 1
  • Management
Management
1 hour ago, LixCoffee said:

I might be wrong, but the only reason this was put in place for was when The last jedi came out and we didn't want spoilers. I personally agree and disagree with this ban

He could've gotten a kick or warning from staff, not just straight ban. There is literally other ways to handle and from what it seems people yelled then banned him.

Maybe a reduction of the ban to like 3 days or something but, not a month. 

This rule was put into place around when TFA came out due to all the kids spoiling. It is an automatic 1 month ban for spoiling any new movie or game within a month of it’s release.

• Agree 4

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

47 minutes ago, Marvel said:

This rule was put into place around when TFA came out due to all the kids spoiling. It is an automatic 1 month ban for spoiling any new movie or game within a month of it’s release.

Is it in CC training cause that seems like a pretty easy rule to break if you don’t know it’s a rule 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
2 minutes ago, Fours said:

I'll be honest, 1 month is very generous.. considering its a story built up over 10 years for this final installment which was one of the most hyped up movies of the decade. If it were up to me the ban would have been longer. Sorry not sorry.

^ True someone just got banned for 6 months for spoiling.

• Agree 2

-1 why would you think it is right to spoil it in the first place? Like don't you think someone IRL will be mad if you spoil it, some people hadn't watched the movie, someone with common sense would know not to spoil a movie just for the fun of it, like it makes you look bad and that will stick with you once you rejoin the server and people will look back at this and hold it against you. Before you started spoiling it you should have thought if anyone had watched it, many people are furious about some certain people spoiling the movie and ruining the experience for them. we have been spreading around to not spoil the movie and that should have served as a warning ahead of time if that warning didn't hold you back from spoiling than I don't know what will.

• Agree 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Fours said:

I'll be honest, 1 month is very generous.. considering its a story built up over 10 years for this final installment which was one of the most hyped up movies of the decade. If it were up to me the ban would have been longer. Sorry not sorry.

• Agree 1

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

10 hours ago, Buzz said:

-1 You spoiled the movie to ruin it for others, you're just one of those people who like to ruin something for others, enjoy your ban "friend" as it is well deserved. Where I am at people have been beaten up for spoiling the movie, don't be that guy.

you dont know who i am so you shouldn't assume what i intend to do and what i dont

• Disagree 1
3 hours ago, Papa Piff said:

-1 why would you think it is right to spoil it in the first place? Like don't you think someone IRL will be mad if you spoil it, some people hadn't watched the movie, someone with common sense would know not to spoil a movie just for the fun of it, like it makes you look bad and that will stick with you once you rejoin the server and people will look back at this and hold it against you. Before you started spoiling it you should have thought if anyone had watched it, many people are furious about some certain people spoiling the movie and ruining the experience for them. we have been spreading around to not spoil the movie and that should have served as a warning ahead of time if that warning didn't hold you back from spoiling than I don't know what will.

i never received that warning

3 hours ago, CTPCookie said:

you dont know who i am so you shouldn't assume what i intend to do and what i dont

Doesn't matter if I don't know who you are, you spoiled a movie for your pleasure, not my problem you are a low person trying to ruin things for others. 

• Agree 1

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.