Wiltos Removal Poll

Joah

• Retired Founder

To SynergyRoleplay

After dissecting a majority of the performance issues on the server, I was able to come to 2 specific issues.

#1.) Being Wiltos which eats up a lot of the server's performance on FProfiler. Seems to be a majority of the issue.
#2.) TFA, but this is already being edited and replaced with reduxed shortly.

Removing Wiltos would mean, going back to the old Rhino System, Which is a very frustrating and hard learning curve to get around. And it would remove a majority of the force abilities back to the basic "Absorb", blocking would be gone / etc. for those whom have experienced. This is going to be 100% Majority based. This is a serious question, as it seems Wiltos gives off an abundance of animation issues that just cause the server to shit itself at any given point. Especially on a server with 128 Players.

https://www.strawpoll.me/17691360/r

You can see first hand from FProfiler, how intensive the bottlenecks are.

https://gyazo.com/8c0d76b8fdde2f4533ca2ec893a29175

Banned

I fucking love rhino, +1 as hell

• Agree 1
  • Retired Founder
1 minute ago, Fours said:

I'm really not a fan of the rhino system tbh. I prefer what we have. I could go on about it, but personally I like the animation fighting system better than ramming eachothers heads looking like two fucking special snowflakes.

It's more of a matter of performance, as much as I agree with you, Look at the bottlenecks Wiltos causes, I put a gyazo link

Lets go on this.

Whats is better for someone willing to buy VIP??

two guys doing crazy moves and fighting like crazy 

OR

two guys running at eachother looking at the floor?

Nothing against who likes rhino but thats stupid.. 

Edited by Dolvek
  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

Current:

Former:

• Jedi Master
  • Senior Jedi General
  • Wing Commander
  • Pink Squad Lead
  • Former Gatekeeper
  • Shadow Lead Manager
  • Trainer Manager
  • Jedi Sentinel Manager
  • Synergy Roleplay Head Admin

With just the appeal of the rhino system where u spend most of your time in fight staring at the ground i'm gonna have to -1 against this for my vote

The aspect of watching 2 saber user fight look beautiful with the current system, going back to rhino is just moving back to having super seedy saber users that look like they've skipped there OCD meds for the day.

the current system has a feel of showing off the dexterity and skill the sabers users are supposed to have trained and honed over years of practice

• Agree 2

-1 just for the fact that I would say performance is still good for what it is and also if you were to add rhino back it would cause more people to just kind of abandon the Sith or Jedi. People buy VIP to have fun and the WiltOS system is a lot of fun as is. It would be great to keep it so it doesn’t ruin the groups of Jedi and Sith. Also I have experienced Rhino and it is fun, but not as fun as WiltOS

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Former: Shadow Company BCMD, Grey Jedi Master, and Wrath of the Sith

Have we lost our god damm minds people, rhino takes NO fucking skill. you look at the ground and run/turtle your way to victory. We got the new system for a reason not to throw it away and go back to a trash system that sucks a$$. If you don't like what I'm saying I really don't care because I was there when rhino was as many others and it sucks.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

Also just a side note what would be the point for the different classes on the server? Just different sabers and maybe colors? Also limiting the force abilities you could use.... Sentinel/Marauders have no point since they don't have dual sabers and would get limited on what abilities they could use out of the 5. Consular/Sage/Sorceror basically just get limited to what they have as well as the Guardians/Juggernauts. All get limited with the amount out of 5 abilities they could use.

Former: Shadow Company BCMD, Grey Jedi Master, and Wrath of the Sith

I'm really not down for this because I'm #Consulargang  and even though the force powers / abilities we have aren't the best, when used in the right situation are very helpful.  I'd rather have those, all the stances/ lightsaber forms rather then Rhino/Turtling etc.

• Agree 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

• Retired Founder

It's basically a debate of Immersion vs Performance.

King David's lightsaber system was not designed to be run on populated clone wars servers. They were designed to run on 100 Player JvS servers.

• Agree 2
Banned
3 minutes ago, Darkk said:

Have we lost our god damm minds people, rhino takes NO fucking skill. you look at the ground and run/turtle your way to victory. We got the new system for a reason not to throw it away and go back to a trash system that sucks a$$. If you don't like what I'm saying I really don't care because I was there when rhino was as many others and it sucks.

First off:

It does require skill seeing as I was a knight V and guardian manager. Trials were hard because mastering rhino was fucking hard as hell and required a lot of learning with the dooku hilt, default hilt, and saber staffs. There are hitboxes to learn, critical point to learn etc.

Second off:

Open your eyes. Jedi aren't the only thing on the damn server. Clones would get justice from this going through because of the optimization that will be provided. It's major. Clones are what SWRP are built off and casting them to the side for other things is folly.

• Agree 4

I know clones will get better but you have to relize, this may kill jedi/sith

• Disagree 3

Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

1 minute ago, Joah said:

It's more of a matter of performance, as much as I agree with you, Look at the bottlenecks Wiltos causes, I put a gyazo link

The thing is, I remember the first transition from rhino to WILTOS, and we had to revert really quickly as it broke the server. Then after, the system was re-added and it felt really no different.

Now, let me put this into perspective for all the Rhino lovers;

Yes, it's great for fighting, the skill and learning curbs involved. And yes, it may be really for great for performance, maybe.

So, with that said, I have to list all the problems this will bring to the server, performance aside.
1.) It kills the roleplay aspect of the force powers, and people who focus on their force usage. i.e. Assassins, Sages, Sorcerers, Shadows etc.
2.) Unpopular opinion, but I believe WILTOS has more skill. You have to learn all these stances, hitboxes, timings, create your own fighting style that you enjoy using etc. Also, using your knowledge of these stances and styles to teach others who wish to play just like you.
3.) Running at eachother like special snowflakes head on is just stupid looking.
4.) Every trial will have to change in some sense.
5.) Also, possibly Jedi and definitely Sith will just degrade into nothing. Without the force powers, Shadows and Assassins become useless. No shadow strike, no cloak, no role. Sages, Healers, Sorcerers, as much as they are mostly passive roleplay, the force powers really assist in how they pay or grow with their characters.
6.) If dual sabers are gone, Marauders become useless, wouldn't really effect Sentinels but in terms of how the reputation system works, all sith would classes would become pointless, it would degrade into nothing but passive roleplay, not using any of their unique abilities to gain an edge.

See this as you will, there are advantages and disadvantages. Though this is just my view on it.

• Agree 8
  • Retired Founder
Just now, Darkk said:

I know clones will get better but you have to relize, this may kill jedi/sith

I actually disagree, I was Yoda during Rhino terms. It was the most populated time of Jedi / sith life.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

If there is a new person, they go into jedi/sith and they see how it is they may just leave jedi/sith. Many people wanting it removed dont even play on there jedi

From what I've seen,  Rhino is easy-mode while Wiltos is harder.   You can argue as much as you like, but the hitboxes for Wiltos are a thing

Also not worth fucking over other jedi branches.   Sentinel would be gimped massively.   

I'm voting no but I'm expecting to be like the 187th where Joah just overrides it all and says "WE'RE DOING IT MY WAY"

Edited by Zensras
  • Disagree 1
  • Funny 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

Sorceror and sentinal... those 2 branches are heavily force power based. those 2 might as well not be a thing once we get rhino as we have 4 force abilties (leap,absorb, (i forgot 3), and lightning)

Banned
1 minute ago, Darkk said:

dont even play on there jedi

I personally don't play on it because of wiltos. Sparring is aids.

• Disagree 3

Rhino isnt good, the skill it takes is stupid skill, you look down and smack. There is nothing unique with rhino, with wiltos there are multiple stances and forms. Wiltos adds fun to fighting with lightsabers with great force abilities, unique hilts that are better with different stances. Plus didnt Joah say he was adding new force abilities? I've played with rhino and it sucks. When im bored on ct i get on my jedi and if rhino gets added not only myself but others i've asked wont play jedi again because we dont like it. I understand that it helps with server lag, which no one likes, but is it worth it? Joah puts "Will majorly increase server performance" and with him saying that all the Ct who dont have a jedi or sith instantly click for it which doesnt make it fare to the jedi and sith who hate rhino. This is just an opinion and ive taken what others have said and put them into my own words.

• Disagree 1
Just now, Zensras said:

From what I've seen,  Rhino is easy-mode while Wiltos is harder.

Also not worth fucking over other jedi branches.   Sentinel would be gimped massively. 

This couldn't be more untrue, Rhino actually takes skill to learn and master whereas Kind David's is just spam left click and hope you kill the other person. 

Just now, Darkk said:

Sorceror and sentinal... those 2 branches are heavily force power based. those 2 might as well not be a thing once we get rhino as we have 4 force abilties (leap,absorb, (i forgot 3), and lightning)

Sentinel is supposed to be heavily RP based, as it used to be back when we were on Rhino initially. YOU ACTUALLY RP, so if we switched to back Sorceror and Sentinel would be RP branches like Sentinel used to be. 

5 minutes ago, Joah said:

It's basically a debate of Immersion vs Performance.

King David's lightsaber system was not designed to be run on populated clone wars servers. They were designed to run on 100 Player JvS servers.

Also debate on skill, I think rhino takes more skill and is a way more satisfying thing to master, I would practice with my master for hours to get better at it 

• Agree 2

I'm going to explain to you all what it means for the branches if Rhino is back.

There is incentive for becoming a Sentinel still because of the pure fact that when you become a Shadow or a TG, YOU WILL GET A GOD DAMN SABERSTAFF. 

And if you don't know, Saberstaffs were the best thing to have on the CW Server when Rhino was around because you could back peddle slap every child in your path.

Consulars would be good again because our healers are important when we are running into a populated room getting shot at because we cannot block anymore.

Guardians would get their mojo back simply because of Weapons and people not being good with Rhino. They also would probably make Lightsaber Instructors Guardians only again and then boom, you got a saberstaff.

Or just pass the Universal Saberstaff Trials and get one that way and go into any branch you want.

The Branches wouldn't suffer, only thrive.

ALSO SHADOWS STILL HAVE CLOAKS, WE HAVE OUR FUCKING CLOAKING DEVICES.

Give me back my rhino or so help me god.

• Agree 6

Just now, JBFox said:

I'm sorry but if you're saying that Rhino takes no skill, you've either A: Never used Rhino system, or B: Suck ass at Rhino system. It 100% takes way more skill to be good at Rhino than it does to be good at King David's

ive used it

guess what....

It has no skill

take a joke 

Edited by BlackiSblack
  • Disagree 1

The problem lies with making this vote public. I know it will help clones but it majorly affects sith/Jedi which is why I think only sith/jedi should get pinged it in discord as it affects them. We have people who vote for rhino that don't even have a Jedi/sith which makes it pretty unfair.

• Agree 1

Just now, Darkk said:

The problem lies with making this vote public. I know it will help clones but it majorly affects sith/Jedi which is why I think only sith/jedi should get pinged it in discord as it affects them. We have people who vote for rhino that don't even have a Jedi/sith which makes it pretty unfair.

mate.... some ppl with clones have jedi/sith nibba jesus sorry but that was dumb 

Edited by BlackiSblack
  • Agree 1

Ma dude if Any person who brougth VIP, even if they don't use it that much Have a sith/jedi soooooyeah idk whats with u today.

Thegan... i was there when we had rhino and im pretty sure you were not, you have no idea what its like

• Disagree 3

2 minutes ago, Darkk said:

If it effects performance of the entire server, then the server should vote on it.

• Retired Founder

If i catch IP changes on this, I will ban you permanently from the server for manipulating votes.

2 Of you have already done it, if you message me on the forums directly with an apology I will let it slide.

• Funny 4

Thegan... i was there when we had rhino and im pretty sure you were not, you have no idea what its like

Actually i do know about it, not my first time playing a SWRP server, but i digress i belive you are wrong, open the discussion and answer my negativity with positivity and negativity combined. (if u don't know what the hell i am talking about, i am just saying to discuss things with an open mind)

oof i like rhino but it kinda removes the factor of jedi working with the their batts as a shield and acting as a support unit, and I didn't mind the rhino system it was ight but it was annoying cuz i hate looking at the ground and just run into things its kinda boring and removes the aspect of actually fighting and removing the rp aspect of "technique" then makes LSI even more useless and we removed it like twice i think and we bounce back to it and plus we built up lot of hype for the new abilities then remove it and kill the hype

Edited by JaBaku
  • Agree 4
3 minutes ago, Joah said:

If i catch IP changes on this, I will ban you permanently from the server for manipulating votes.

2 Of you have already done it, if you message me on the forums directly with an apology I will let it slide.

Can we have a new strawpoll if people have aleady done this? 

• Agree 3

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

Anything to get rid of the loading lag at this point.

Not only would this improve the server performance as a whole but also improve events by allowing more to happen. With less lag and better performance, more NPCs can spawn, as well as ships, explosions and grander set-pieces to be used for events.

One question though, isn't there a Rhino system that has newer force powers that aren't WiltOS? Middle ground for people, skill-based combat with Rhino while also having newer and better force powers than original.

Edited by Zyner
  • Agree 6

I am looking at the benefits and giving yall the benefit of the doubt that it will increase fps but I just believe it doesn't work well with our RP style. we on synergy focus on RP heavily and the community but there is no RP involved in looking down and running. I know we will create a better environment for the players with the FPS boost but we will hurt our second aspect which is RP. it's a lose-lose scenario.

Edited by Darkk

4 minutes ago, Lord Thegan said:

Actually i do know about it, not my first time playing a SWRP server, but i digress i belive you are wrong, open the discussion and answer my negativity with positivity and negativity combined. (if u don't know what the hell i am talking about, i am just saying to discuss things with an open mind)

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Only thing I got to say is killing NPCs with Rhino was absolute cancer and leads to death 8/10 times .

That's where the skill comes in, hide and let the people with guns handle it.

I'm not gonna lie, it's gonna be a tough choice for you Joah and crew when it comes to this, because either or you're gonna piss off a lot of people lmao.

Edited by Bbstine

1 minute ago, BigMan/TimmyThicc said:

more skill

Rhino offers 3 fighting styles, compared to WILTOS's many, many more.

You have the turtlers, who sit in the middle of the room waiting for you to attack.
You have the jumpers, who... jump.... a lot.
And you have the crackheads that get enjoyment out of bashing their heads together at full speed.

• Funny 4

Preach tyzen

Imma be tight if we remove it, then add it back and everyone has to afk to level up again.  that mf took forever!

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

YES RHINO I WILL CLAP YOU FUCKING HEAVY SPAMMING FUCKERS

On a more serious note, I would come back to the server if rhino came back. To me, it actually required aim and skill, which is what we should be looking for in sparers. It would be nice to have hitmarkers with it if we do introduce it back. Eh, just an opinion.

+1

Edited by Ching
  • Disagree 1
44 minutes ago, Darkk said:

2f6b183a57edcb4b41a5a7bedd37b7c2.jpg

• Agree 4
  • Funny 4

I'd also like to be the Devils advocate and say, when we were on the base, the WiltOS worked perfectly fine, its due to the fact that we're on the Venator and everyone is in the same area. Its player load in the same area when it comes to lightsaber combat from what i've seen and experience. If we get battlestations back it will probably have less load because we're not moving around all the time chasing a single commando droid down the hallway. 

• Agree 4
  • Winner 2
18 minutes ago, Josh Schneider said:

It worries me that people say rhino takes skill, yes the skill to look at the ground and press W

This amused me. There’s way more to it than that.

Edited by IKE
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
1 hour ago, Darkk said:

You actually have it ass backwards. Rhino does for sure take skill. It's not as simple as 'Just stare at the ground and you win". Just like with WiltOS there are counters to annoying play styles, and if you think that Rhino is simplistic then sorry to say but you were bad at it.

1 hour ago, Darkk said:

Obviously, you haven't heard of aim. Can't be calling some you're "a$$" at trash because yo "a$$" couldn't learn to master it. 

Also making another response, I do agree with the limitless rp and immersion we have with the WiltOS system, but also agree with the server smoothness of having the Rhino. I just don't want any more break dancers who have sabers. It really all depends on skill set and what you're accustomed to, if you like to left click over, over, over, over, over, and over again WiltOS is for you.

Edited by Ching
  • Funny 2

lel people who dont read the other replies are funny

rhino is the better choice. I do love rhino the most but here is why Witlos needs to go:

1. Easier performing server meaning lower performance computers can run:

a. Old players can play properly with good fps, they will enjoy their time resulting in them playing more and RPing better and not breaking rules.

b. New players will load in and not be frozen as they join, they will join with better fps resulting in them staying and becoming a member of the community.

2. The performance of the server will be better for everyone:

a. With better performance, everyone will have more fun and their computer will not add to the frustration.

b. A smother server can result in larger events, more props, and more ships all resulting in more fun.

c. No lag will equal better sprinting and accuracy.

3. Jedi's will require more training and skill work and will result in more/longer RP:

a. Jedi's will have to practice and train a lot more, spending more time playing to accomplish skills and not just sitting around or goofing around.

b. Masters and Knights will have a larger role to train padawans for training is required for this system not like Witlos where 70% was spamming buttons.

c. This adds to RP for there will be more training sessions, Jedis will have to pair up to defeat a Sith. Sparring battles will be much longer allowing clones to live longer and giving clones more time to kill droids without worrying about Siths. Also allows clones to shot at Siths without being killed instantly.

d. Sparring practices will be a lot longer resulting in longer play time and more of a purpose to train on Jedi. This system will really devide peoples skills such as a padawan will have a super difficult time to kill a master or sith.

4. There is a lot more clones than Jedi:

a. This means we should cater a little more to clones for they populate most of the server and more active players/better players will result in more fun.

b. If this results in a little less jedi it will be more like lore lol, Jedis will be much more valuable for the can distract siths as the clones do their job. Battalion jedis will have a larger and more important role to protect their battalion.

This is only my opinion, yes there are negatives to this system but i believe that these positives listed above will help the server and therefore reducing player performance is the worst thing possible. Even if you have a good computer think about others, the majority of garrys mod players do not have top of the line computers and they are only young children using their family computers

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Now I happen to like my forum account so Joah please do not ban me for this comment... THAT BEING SAID AHEM

GuYs HeS nOt GoNnA lIsTeN tO tHe PoLl LiKe 187th 

if u you couldn't tell that was a Meme let me add this... REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Plus with Rhino comes lots of skill.

-Having your head a little tilted to see your enemy and then looking down to make an attack.

-Using force absorb carefully and knowing when to play defensive for it to regenerate.

-Knowing your opponent's next move so you can get in front of them to lead them into the lag of the lightsaber resulting in a critical hit.

-knowing that jumping and turtleing can only work if you can perfect it but know that it only works with certain opponents, sabers, and times(health/absorb amount)

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
2 hours ago, Joah said:

Removing Wiltos would mean, going back to the old Rhino System, Which is a very frustrating and hard learning curve to get around. And it would remove a majority of the force abilities back to the basic "Absorb", blocking would be gone / etc. for those whom have experienced. This is going to be 100% Majority based. This is a serious question, as it seems Wiltos gives off an abundance of animation issues that just cause the server to shit itself at any given point. Especially on a server with 128 Players.

Joah I personally believe that server performance should be 100% the priority and I think you agree with me. I normally don't suggest what im about to and I disagree with it a majority of the time however I think you should use your prerogative as owner and make this decision for the community. Load in lag has been a major issue for the server for a long time, and no matter what players can't have a good time if the server is shitting it self while they try to play. 

on a non meme topic. while i really REALLY hate to go back to the stupid rhino it does seem like the best thing for the server. i can see oth sides of the arugment but to me it seems like we would lose alot of RP for a little bit of proformence. as well all customizations people grinded for all the skill points would all be wasted

It says something to me the number of people saying they "will come back if we add Rhino." That, in my opinion, isn't the attitude or people in the Jedi/Sith I'd want to see anyways. Some people on here probably haven't been on the server in months or more, yet they want to completely change the way combat works because "they were good at it." If this were to go through, I see a lot of gate keeping and clique attitudes showing up.

Banned

We know it's more then this creating lag, hell he'd even remove TFA like he's stated multiple times and that would be a big thing for clones. But there's no alternative for them. For jedi there is, and that's one step closer to a nicely performing server

1 minute ago, Marion said:

And on top of that, everyone is acting like this THE thing that causes lag. I'm sure there are several other small things, that wouldn't completely shake up 2 player groups in the server, that may be able to be looked at.

Edited by Jayarr

I would rather see a lore/RP friendly lightsaber duels and suffer some lag rather than seeing glorified jousting and a hallway of clones being killed as a jedi chances a Sith or the Sith walks through.

It's not the mods fault the map can't handle it. It works fine on previous maps and the base.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Damn this poll is getting close!

I personally enjoy both but i've experienced more lag since wiltOS was added and just for the servers sake i think it's best to go back to Rhino 

They both have pros

Rhino
Learning Curve-Hard to Master

wiltOS Easy to learn but hard to master.

While wiltOS has a lot going for it, it also has a lot of problems just like rhino so i'll take server performance over less performance any day of the week!

• Agree 1
57 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Damn this poll is getting close!

I personally enjoy both but i've experienced more lag since wiltOS was added and just for the servers sake i think it's best to go back to Rhino 

They both have pros

Rhino
Learning Curve-Hard to Master

wiltOS Easy to learn but hard to master.

While wiltOS has a lot going for it, it also has a lot of problems just like rhino so i'll take server performance over less performance any day of the week!

This man speaks volume.