No Typing in Debrief

Shade

Name: Shade

Suggestion: Make it a rule that people cannot type in debrief unless they pre-type their message for a pts

Implementation: Make a server rule.

Lore: None

Edited by Shade
Just for PTS, OOC and whisper doesn't matter
  • Agree 1

+1, Specifically IF YOU HAVE A MIC, USE IT. DONT WASTE PEOPLE'S TIME :D

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

This server suggestion is as entitled as it gets, “HA you can’t talk or can’t use your mic?! THEN NO PTS FOR YOU PEASANT” 

Like nothing goes on during DB anyway, you’re not missing anything for 30 seconds

this should be insta denied

• Agree 1

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

9 minutes ago, 41st Logic said:

This server suggestion is as entitled as it gets, “HA you can’t talk or can’t use your mic?! THEN NO PTS FOR YOU PEASANT” 

Like nothing goes on during DB anyway, you’re not missing anything for 30 seconds

this should be insta denied

This is made in response to Argonfillips and his ridiculous way of giving a PTS during DB. He talks before, after, and in TS while DB is going on. The issue is that he goes up for a PTS, deliberately spends 10 typing out 3 sentences then sits down, wasting our time.

You can type a PTS but either type it before hand or don't give a PTS at all.

There's been a few times where my ingame voice has broken because of switching settings through windows and had to type.   Shouldn't punish people for it.                           

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

5 minutes ago, Blueberry Juice said:

This is made in response to Argonfillips and his ridiculous way of giving a PTS during DB. He talks before, after, and in TS while DB is going on. The issue is that he goes up for a PTS, deliberately spends 10 typing out 3 sentences then sits down, wasting our time.

You can type a PTS but either type it before hand or don't give a PTS at all.

Then AOS argon for failrp, this suggestion is still very fucked up

Edited by 41st Logic

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

Again, you can type in Debrief there is no problem with it, pretyping it takes no time at all. This is honestly in response to people who just run up and take 3 minutes giving there PTS wasting everybodies time.

Edited by Shade
  • Agree 4

-1 reasons stated above (fizzik)

• Agree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Think about it this way. When your st McDonalds and your waiting in line, and then the person in front of you is asked what they want but they haven’t decided yet. They then wait about 2 minutes staring st the menu going hmmmmmmmm. It’s annoying as fuck but they will never release a law saying you will be executed if you don’t think about you want before you order. But it is Donald Trump, he is spontaneous 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
Banned

bro what? 😂  😂

• Agree 1

r4ymo.gif

• Management
Management

Not needed. It's not like anyone has anything better to do

• Funny 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

-1 so basically what I’m gathering here is that if you don’t have a mic then don’t even speak during debrief? Now this kinda gets me tilted because there are some people who can’t afford mics or there maybe something wrong with the persons computer and if that’s the case then that is totally unfair to them. Furthermore I used to not have a mic and @Poe used to always taunt me for it (lmao) and while it was all in a non hostile nature silencing people who don’t have some of the gaming “requirements” then that’s not very cash money

• Funny 2

Current: Rancor Medic Previous: 327th Commander ARCL Useful, DU ARC Commander Jerome, CT PVT 1348 Useless

21 minutes ago, Kool Kid Useful said:

-1 so basically what I’m gathering here is that if you don’t have a mic then don’t even speak during debrief? Now this kinda gets me tilted because there are some people who can’t afford mics or there maybe something wrong with the persons computer and if that’s the case then that is totally unfair to them. Furthermore I used to not have a mic and @Poe used to always taunt me for it (lmao) and while it was all in a non hostile nature silencing people who don’t have some of the gaming “requirements” then that’s not very cash money

Haha mute bitch. My Classic: "I would look at what you're angrily typing but if I don't then it's like you never said anything. Therefore, I automatically win!" 😂

• Funny 1

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

So what? For people that didn't get the message and forget to pretype are just gonna get clapped by shock mid-pts when they go up?

Also since when is typing in chat considered failRP? its a form of speaking. Are you trying to say speaking is FAILRP now? Like does everyone here understand the meaning of FailRP?

Edited by GM-3022 Havok
5 hours ago, YeetMeister said:

People keep acting like there is no typing at all or no typing PTS'
He is saying pre-type the message so you can paste the second you get up there and not waste everyones time.

+1

Waste what time? Unless you are typing an 2 page long essay, the most you're gonna save is 30 seconds to a minute.  Is having a few extra seconds/minutes in DB really such a tragedy to everyone?

Edited by GM-3022 Havok
  • Winner 1

Problem with this suggestion is that it’s already a rule. They can be AOSed for this for wasting people’s time. They don’t even need to be AOSed, shock can still arrest them if they see fit, so it doesn’t matter if they are highest rank on. And if no Shock staff can arrest them. 

-1 This alienates people who want to give a pts but don't have mics.  Although it is rare for someone to not have a mic, they shouldn't be treated differently just because of that.  

• Agree 3

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

Honestly this gets the biggest -1 i can think of. The problem with writing your pts before hand is that you dont always know if your pts will fit into the gmod chat so then you have to go in and find where it was cut off at and start again. If someone is going up for a pts and is taking forever to type then AOS for failrp, its been done many of times before this. Not everyone has a working mic. Along with that ive known plenty of people that had mics and had to type due to family being over or sleeping or something and that shouldnt be a problem. It is honestly stupid as shit to see this up for a vote. Just leave the pts rule as it is and give a time limit on how long a pts can last or even better yet, LET SOMEONE ELSE GO AS THEY TYPE IT UP TO KEEP THE DB GOING.

Denied due to negative community feedback AND the "wasting everyone's time" is already a rule (although it may not be written)

Basically, if you intentionally take forever to type your PTS deliberately, it is considered failRP. However, there is a good handful of people who do not have mics and have to type. This is clear discrimination towards those people because "JuSt TyPe iT beFoRe" is a lame excuse.

Also can you stop making suggestions after one negative experience? I know which debrief and which player you're talking about when you made this suggestion. 

STOP ASKING FOR RULE CHANGES AND START HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE

//locked

//moved to "Denied"

• Funny 4
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1